• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Monarchy (1x1's)

AlmighTy

Two Thousand Club
Hey ! This is our official private but not private thread lol for (1x1) conversations that would flood the thread or don't have relevance to the whole group.

Links
CS: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot CS
OCC: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot OCC
Lore: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Palace/Lore
Interest: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot [Open]
Roleplay: Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Reboot

Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy (1x1's)

Hey ! This is our official private but not private thread lol for (1x1) conversations that would flood the thread or don't have relevance to the whole group.

Realistic or Modern - The Monarchy Short Stories

This is the thread for all short stories based on characters in the Monarchy Role play

Last edited:
((Take's place after the king's death but before the chaos. We know Clarissa is pregnant))

Leon stands in an empty field sword in hand waiting on the servant to fetch Irina. Leon was nervous he hated even touching a sword but, he knew that Irina would enjoy it. He sent the servant with a note "Meet me beneath the trees, Our swords will swing, and opportunity to ask me anything - Leon"

The king's death certainly affected everyone, she could only imagine how a parent's death could affect the children. Although Irina felt no sympathy for the man, it was mostly because she didn't know him personally. But she still was careful with the subject for her fiancé's sake. She was dressed in her trousers and a loose white shirt. A servant then entered her chambers and handed her a note. Reading it, she chuckled. It was from her one and only fiancé but the part that got her laughing was the saying that our swords will swing, she knew the Leon didn't like handling a sword much, or rather it was more of a hunch. She tied her hair up in her signature high ponytail and grabbed her sword before heading out to the fields.

"Never thought you'd want to swing some swords, Leon." Irina joked as she saw him in the field with his own sword in hand. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." She said as she stepped closer to him. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to. We could have a servant bring food out here and you could eat while I train." She offered, she just wanted him to be comfortable and not looking nervous and scared.

Leon held the sword the way his trainer taught him "What was your favorite food as a child?" he said as he lunged at her. He swung his sword to right "What's your favorite childhood memory?" he said as he grunted. Slightly out of breath he asked, "Does your whole family have red eyes?"

"We're getting right into it, I suppose." Irina said as she quickly dodged Leon's lunge at her, but still didn't unsheathe her sword. "I absolutely loved Blini as a child. Think of them as Russian pancakes." She remembered her mother's Blini and how much she missed it. Finally she unsheathed her sword just in time to block Leon's sword from coming into contact with her waist. "First picking a sword was my favorite memory." She said proudly as she pushed away his sword and him, she created some distance between the two. "Not everyone, my father and I do. My mother and brother have amber colored eyes." She said as she took an offensive stance.

"My turn for the questions then. Do you have a comfort food?" She asked as she stepped forward and swung her sword towards his side, it should be easy to block. "Do you enjoy dancing?" She asked as she tried to lunge towards him but still should be easy to block. But there was one looming question that she wanted an answer to, Clarissa's child. Irina tried to swing for a critical hit on Leon but stopped just before she hit him. "There is one question I want answered, but I'm not quite sure if you want to answer it, Leon." She said as she breathed heavily but not out of tiredness but cause of nervousness.

“Pottage, a servant made me some when I was sick,” he said as he blocked. Leon steps back as Irina lunges forward “I love to dance however, I have two left feet,” he said with a focused smile. Leon watched as Irina was about to land a critical blow and held his hand in the air “Speak freely, you defeated me fairly it’s the least I could do..”

"Or rather it's something I'm not sure I want answered." She confessed solemnly as she lowered her sword and sheathed it. Taking a deep breath she asked, "The child Clarissa is carrying right now, is it yours? And if it is, I will assure you I will gladly declare it as your bastard. I'm sure you do love the her most dearly so she could stay in the palace if you wish, you could even take her as mistress if you'd like. She is much more wife material than I am." She said and laughed a bit at the last part because she felt it was true. If Leon really observed her, her head was down and she felt vulnerable and insecure, and anyone could see that through her body language. She would never show this side of her to anyone, so she was thankful that they were alone. "So, is the child yours?" She said more stronger to try to hide her weakness in this moment, but still couldn't look Leon in the eye.

Leon takes his hand and lifts Irina head “She’s carrying my half sister, however, I swore to raise the child as my own for its safety. He’ll be named ‘Lewis’ or ‘Antony”. Leon sits wanting to make to make the conversation more comfortable “I had a crush on Clarissa for years, and she rejected me she loved… Willow.” Leon looked over at Irina with a serious expression “I’d never take a mistress, I do love Clarissa in the same way I love Aline and Willow. I’ve never been with her in that kind of intimate way.” Leon gently placed his hand on top of Irina’s “And… I think you’d be a great wife or personal knight I’ve never had one with two hands,” he said laughing.

A shocked but relieved expression came onto Irina's face. Looking Leon in the eye finally, she joked along with him. "I could be both, and a great queen too." She laughed along with him with their hands still intertwined. "I've never actually been knighted you know. All I have to my name are a lot of titles, but I'm sure you know one of them, practically everyone who knows Russia knows it, though people never guess it would be me." She admitted to him. If Leon actually didn't know her infamous title, she would be pleasantly surprised.

"Irina the man-killer," he said with a big smile he knew the name she earned but, he liked the one he picked better. "She kills them by taking their hearts," he said as he reached over to tickle her then, dramatically stopped and grabbed his chest dropping flat on the ground "Irina you've done it again," Leon closes his eyes playing dead.

Watching Leon's fun display, Irina couldn't help but laugh. When Leon laid on the floor, Irina knelt beside him and proclaimed, "Another heart that belongs to me." But while his eyes were still closed, she whispered in his ear in Russian, "Я должен сказать, хотя, ты мой любимый." The next thing she did was proceed to tickle Leon while he was still laying on the ground and Irina let out a laugh as she did. "Come on now, my king can't die on me just yet."

I have to say though, you are my favorite

Leon laid there listening to her speak in her native tongue and instantly thought “I hope she teaches our children Russian and how to fight” Leon slightly smiled at his thoughts and opened one eye “You’re right, I can’t die before the wedding,” he said laughing. “What’s your dream wedding?” Still laying on his back now, with both eyes open “I think you’d look lovely in gold and white. We’d have the biggest cake, bigger than previous generations.” Leon started smiling thinking how him and willow would steal sweets as children, imaging them sneaking cake before the wedding.

Once Leon opened an eye, Irina ceased her tickle attack on him. But then he reminded her of their wedding, and she couldn't help but smile. All the suitors she scared off, who knew she'd be getting married soon.

Moving towards Leon's head, she changed her position so she was comfortable as she ran her fingers through his golden locks repeadly, in a soothing manner. "Weddings back in Russia were massive events. Everyone knew when someone was getting married, even the common folk. I heard stories of my parent's wedding, the entire staff and knights at the palace were welcome to wine and dine that day. I want a wedding that everyone would be happy to attend. We must make every other monarchy envious." Irina let out a small chuckle as she said the last line.

Hearing Leon's comments about what he wanted at their wedding, Irina just thought about it before speaking. "I do look lovely in those colors, my uniform is white and gold. But I promise to swear off of the trousers for that day. And I'm sure the cake you'll bring it will be the most extravagant of them all. Though there is one thing you must promise to give me at our wedding." She paused before telling him. "A lot of dances. If you do have two right feet, I can lead if ever." She joked as she thought about them dancing together in their wedding day and smiled.

Leon smiles as Irina touches his hair “Would you like us to send an invite to your parents? Also I’ll start stretching so I can run and tell the whole world of our cake ,” he slightly laughs “Leon the great cake king and Irina the man killer.” He said looking up at the sky holding his hands up this moment was truly bliss for Leon.

"If you send out an invite to my family, be prepared to host more people than you expect. They'll no doubt bring servants, knights, and their lovers to boot." She told him with a sigh. She knew that her parents probably shouldn't lug their lovers around when they are anywhere, but they do it anyway.

"I'm sure the entire world will flock from far and wide to see this cake. It better be magnificent, you bride has high expectations." Irina joked as she imagined just what cake might look like.

Hearing Leon say their 'titles', Irina laughed along with him. "We do make a great pair. I'm sure we'll take France very far." She said as she looked at her soon to be husband. But right then she whispered, but it it was loud enough for Leon to hear. "How did I get so lucky when I've cause this country to much pain?"

“Lover to boot,” he chuckled a little “If it would make you happy I’d do it.” Leon sat up “It’ll be so grand, I might have to marry it instead,” he smiled and looked into Irina’s eyes “France isn’t innocent, I’m confident I’ll spend my whole reign making things right that others have wronged. Honestly, my dream is to create a France that my son… Our son can run with out the hardships and wars that we have faced.”

"Our son would be a fine ruler indeed. We'll make a better world, if not for us then for them." She agreed with Leon as she looked him in the eyes. "I wonder what our children would look like. I hope they look more like you. You don't know what it's like to live when everyone's scared of you. I hope they have your kind heart instead of my ruthless one." She said as she placed a hand over Leon's chest where his heart would be.

Leon grabs Irina hand “Irina you have a kind heart, my father is dead you could’ve killed me and fled to Russia while France was in chaos. But, your here with me discussing our future family and how we’ll reign.” He grips her hand a little tighter “You did what you had to .”

"I did what was best for both of us." She admitted as she lowered her forehead onto Leon's shoulder. "Помогает, что ты был красивым. Это упростило решение." She chuckled. It was nice sometimes that he couldn't understand Russian, if she said these things to his face, it would make her incredibly shy. "You're also lucky that I scared all of my other suitors away, I'm surprised that you didn't run for the hills yet." She chuckled.

It helps that you were beautiful. This made the decision easier.

“You said, you’re upset I went easy on you during our training in Russian. Irina we have many years ahead of us I won’t always take it easy .” He said smiling “I’m more afraid of my mother if I would’ve ran for the hills she would’ve burned them down”. He let out a little laugh “ I like way the Aline looked at you. I’ve never seen her look at someone with so much admiration and that made me want to stay.”

Laughing a bit at Leon's attempt to decipher her Russian, all she said was, "Sure, that's what I said. I thought about teaching you Russian, but I'll keep the luxury of me being the only one to speak Russian for a while." She admitted.

"I guess I have to thanks your sister for keeping you here, with me. You're a good brother, y'know. I'm sure your sisters mean the world to you." She said to him as she remembered his two other sisters who she got to meet briefly. Irina thought they were nice and very pretty from her first impressions.

Leon looked down “They do however, I haven’t been great with Aline, honestly at first I was envious of her, Her majesty would look into her chambers making sure she slept peacefully or I would hear her pray for Aline… Her majesty can’t even speak to me for more than five minutes.” Leon sighs “I wish I knew what I did that was so wrong. Now when I think of Aline I think she might be just as lonely as I was.”

"This can be your time to connect with her once more. Try to make up for lost time, help her not feel lonely." Irina encouraged him. She knew how much sibling bonds can be, her and her brother are incredibly close, they still exchange letters regularly. "Trust me when I say, sibling bonds can be precious and valuable."

Lifting her forehead from Leon's shoulder, she stood up and stretched a bit. Although she never completed her full training, she was glad to miss it for this. "You know how you said you wouldn't always take it easy on me. Come now, I want to see if you can keep up with me and catch your bride and queen." She joked as she removed her ponytail and her long white hair was flowing in the wind as she ran around the open field, wondering if Leon could catch up to her. Irina's loud laughter could be heard as she was running, she was having so much fun.

Leon smiled “Yeah, I’ll try …. “ Leon stood and stretched just in case Irina really wanted to race. Then he ran after her “Hey, Irina wait there’s something on your eye.” Leon said acting like it was an emergency “I can get it off for you.”

"Oh really, on my eye? You'll have to try a bit better than that." She laughed as she tuned to him with a playful and joyful expression her face. "Fine, I'll run slower. Just for you. It would be a shame if your bride became a runaway bride." She joked as she went back to running, but at a bit of a slower pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back