• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Monarch: Legacies

AlmighTy

Two Thousand Club
Prince Leon of France

portrait preview

kakemha kakemha

Leon stood at the podium nervous, he adored Irina but seeing everything his parents went through made him nervous. Thoughts raced through his mine:

“What if she falls out of love with me, we're so young.”
“What if I can’t be the man she needs?”

Daniel grabbed his shoulder and whispered “Don’t worry, Irina was made for you” Leon looked back at Daniel and smiled

Everyone stood as they announced the entrance of Princess Irina of Russia, Future Queen Consort of France:

As Leon watched Irina walk he was in awe like the first time he saw her. He reminisced about when she walked in the throne room, her long white hair, pale but flushed skin and those ruby red eyes.

He reminisced about the time they sat in the field she rubbed his hair and he stole her first kiss .

He reminisced about the time she beat him in sword fighting, Irina was the embodiment of a goddess fierce, courageous, beautiful, and compassionate.

Leon smiled at this was the moment he realized everything would be okay.

Once Irina stood in front of him it was like time froze and the room was empty, just him and her. He held her hands looking in her eyes and mouthed “I love you “ even though they had only been together for a short amount of time Leon just knew this was his forever person.

“Leon your vows” Daniel whispered as he poked him, the priest had repeated himself many times but Leon was lost in Irina eyes. Leon cleared his throat:

Irina you are the piece of me I never knew I needed, I never believed in destiny until you were placed in front of me. Our love means something deeper than just the union of two nations.

Our love is the end of a century long war, our love is the savior of our people, and most importantly our love belongs to you and me. I would’ve picked you no matter what, from the moment those ruby red eyes looked at me I saw eternity.

I honestly love you more than I ever could say….

Here and now I’m asking you, Will you be the moon to my sky?

As I will be the sun to your garden, making sure you flourish.

Will you stand by me no matter what the future brings?

Because I will follow you into yesterday.

Will you love me even if it hurts?

Because I will love you even if it means my last breath.

Will you accept me as your husband,your king, and your partner.”

Leon grabs the ring from the ring holder

“This ring means I am your and will always be, no matter the distance, no matter the disagreement, and no matter what the future brings”

Leon places the ring on Irina's finger

Last edited:
Irina Anhalt-Zerbst

1669558487920.png

'You'll do great. Don't be nervous. I'm sorry we can't be there, father would have loved to walk you down the aisle. But know that we'll visit very soon. I'll keep an eye out for, Queen of France.'

Irina remembered the letter that her brother, Yuri, wrote her before this big day. She stood right outside the door, a bouquet of red roses in her hand, like the one Leon handed her when they first met. The wedding dress was stunning, a white gown with golden embroidery that just added so much to the dress. It reminded her of the time Leon said she'd look great in white and gold.

The butterflies in her stomach wouldn't go away before the ceremony, especially not as they announced her entrance. She didn't wear a veil but a tiara instead, so everyone could see her face. And the stares were very prevalent. All attention shifted to the Princess of Russia but also Future Queen Consort of France.

She walked with grace and confident. It was tradition for fathers to walk their daughters down the aisle, but hers wasn't there beside her. Some whispers were heard as people speculated why the current Emperor of Russia wasn't here with his daughter, but Irina didn't hear them as she walked alone.

Leon looked incredibly handsome. Once she reached him, she handed her bouquet over to a servant and held Leon's hands. Looking at him up close and seeing him mouth an 'I love you', made the butterflies in her stomach go away. With a slight blush on her cheeks she mouthed an 'I love you too.' back to him.

But seeing Leon getting so lost in her eyes that he forgot his vows made Irina fall in love with him just a bit more. And after hearing his vows, she was on the verge of tears. They were just amazing, and the way he said it made it sound like he out his entire soul into writing them. Once the ring on her finger was placed, it was Irina's turn for the vows her wrote. Although she probably knew that they wouldn't come close to what Leon had wrote.

"Leon, my Leon, ever since I saw your portrait I knew that you would be the one. Everything from you hair to the way that you hold yourself was just right, it was perfect to me.

But that's only the surface, once I got to know you for you, I just fell for you even more. Your kind and empathetic heart balances out the ruthless one I have in my heart. You're somewhat childish nature gets me to laugh and smile like I never had before.

You weren't intimidated by the walls I built up around me. You took it down brick by brick until you found the real me.

I promise that I will love you to the end of my days, no matter how long or short they might be.

My husband, my king, my partner, this union has made me the happiest woman in the world. "

Irina grabs the ring from the ring bearer and places it on Leon's finger.

"I will support, obey, and be yours for the rest of time, no matter the situation."

AlmighTy AlmighTy

Prince Leon of France

The priest smiles "I now pronounce you man and wife" and motions for them to kiss. Leon leans in and kissed Irina flowers were thrown over their heads and Leon smiled before pulling his face away from Irina. "Let's go," he says as they walk down the aisle to exit the chapel. Once they got in the carriage Leon smiled at Irina

"Thank you for accepting me and I'm sorry we had to rush things with the death of my father but I meant everything I said" Leon placed his hand on top of Irina's "I know you heard the rumors that mother plans to declare war if I don't have Clarissa executed for killing my father but, I have one favor to ask of you ... If something was to happen to me don't let my mother take Clarissa's infant." Leon looked at Irina seriously "A war among family can turn into something terrible especially when the throne is the prize."

Leon wanted to live in bliss after just being married but he knew the war was coming and he had to act fast. He also had to inform Irina just in case something happened to him he would want her to secure his wishes.

"Aline is likely to side with my mother being that she is next in line from the throne in Scotland over the next few weeks before my 18th birthday we have to try and sway her. If Clarissa is carrying a boy while I'm at war I'd like to declare him my heir but this is only temporary I plan to come home back to you if I do have to go to war and our firstborn son will be the heir."

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
Hearing that announcement that her and Leon were finally wed made her fill with glee, it was finally done. Once Leon leaned down to give her a kiss, she kissed him back. They soon pulled away and a smile could be seen on Irina's face. This could arguably be the happiest day of her life right now.

"No thanks necessary, I would accept you a thousand times over. And death is a natural part of life, I don't mind that everything was rushed. I work better with adrenaline, remember?" She joked as she moved her hand to hold his and squeezed it gently. Hearing the favor that came out of Leon's mouth, Irina halted. Placing a hand on his cheek to have her look at her, she said, "I will grant you that favor, but nothing will happen to you, I'll make sure of it. You're the King of France, if something happened to you, that means something has happened to me. Because anyone or anything that wants to get to you, has to get through me first." She said seriously.

After sharing that moment, she removed her hand from his cheek and continued to walk with him, hands still intertwined. "I'll support you every step of the way, Leon. Always remember that, though there is one flaw in that plan. You shouldn't be out on the battlefield of a war, send me instead. I'll be the one to come home to you. Please, that's the one thing I ask of you. Let me handle the wars and bloodshed and I promise I'll always come home to you. I can have Russia back us up in any war, my family and I are close."

She was more experienced in the battlefield and knew tactics, though not as well as her brother did. But she knew she could lead an army, she was practically made for it in most people's opinion.

Leon placed his head on her shoulder “I have to ride out during the declaration of war it shows strength.” Leon didn’t want to go to war he wanted to live a peaceful life but he knew his mother she wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted.

“I’ll ride out for the declaration and you can go fight if you want I won’t hold you back,” he said in a sad tone. Leon didn’t want Irina to go to war he wanted her in the palace by his side safe but he knew she wouldn’t miss the opportunity.

Leon turned his head and kissed Irina on the cheek “We’ll come home to each other”

W.I.P With Council names

Leon sat the throne now crowned king preparing for a war he didn’t want his council members: Daniel, Peyre, Blank, Blank, and Blank. Daniel pulls Leon to the side “Me and Irina should ride out to the first battle, I understand the importance of seeming strong Infront of the enemy but I’m confident you mother know your strength we will win this battle but not at the cost of your life.” Leon frowned “But at the cost of my Queen? I’m only letting her go because I am not my father women should have rights.” Daniel grabbed his shoulder’s “I’ll be bold, If Irina dies, she dies doing what she loves. If you die that’s the end of a line and an end of change… Leon your life has more value.” Leon pushed Daniel away and Daniel continued his rant “I know you love her but for a king marriage can be no more than a political statement. If you see it that way, you’ll live longer and be less upset when you’re on your fifth wife.” Leon rolled his eyes “I’ll only have one wife and I’m ordering you to sacrifice your life if it protects hers. I need a male heir.”

Daniel crossed his arms “Yeah, I heard the consummation of marriage didn’t amount to an heir. If Irina never gives you an heir what’s your plan, then?” Leon leaned on the wall, “Willow and Jackson’s second son will take the throne, they informed me a few days ago that she’s with child. I’m happy for her but, I feel like my father was right Willow will always be better than me.” Leon looked at Daniel with a sad look and Daniel wrapped his arm around him “I’m sure Irina will give you many sons,” Daniel smiled “It’s not like you’d leave if she didn’t. Leon nodded “That’s true we’d just grow old in Paris.” Daniel was making a joke but had no clue Leon was serious about staying with Irina if she couldn’t provide an heir. Daniel decided to take matters into his own hands.

After the meeting Daniel walked onto the training ground where he knew he’d find Irina. He bowed to her “Queen Irina,” Daniel stood “I need you to provide a male heir, Swiftly Leon is allowing you to go to war with my life on the line.” Daniel grabs a sword “Lets negotiate…”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
"Да ладно, я не хрупкий!" Irina yelled as a solider charged at her. But she easily parried the blade and side-stepped the solider, hitting him in the back with the blunt end of her sword. Seeing him let go of his sword as the man fell to the ground, she decided it was enough for the man. She putting her sword in its sheath, she outstretched a hand to the solider to help him up. The young man took her hand and she apologised to him. "Sorry if I went a bit too rough. Also sorry for using Russian, force of habit. You're dismissed, take a break." And with that the young man was off to spend some time with his fellow soldiers in their quarters.

All the soldiers were practically friends with Irina. After hearing that the Bloodhound of Russia would be their new queen, some were thrilled to have a new fighter join their side while some were weary, but soon she won all of them over with their fighting skills. They always joked that if they had a mini competition between all of them, Irina would always come out on top.

Now alone on the training grounds, Irina continued her training, swinging her sword and working on her agility and hand-to-hand combat a bit. But soon she wasn't along. Hearing footsteps, Irina turned to find Daniel. After hearing him out, she was intrigued. It was true that she wasn't able to provide Leon with a male heir just yet, but they've only laid together once. With Leon busy with the war and Irina busy with her other duties and training, they didn't have much time together, or not as much as either of them would like. Seeing him grab a sword, Irina gripped hers tighter, expecting a duel.

"Negotiate, you say? I'll entertain your negotiations. So you want an heir for Leon so you can keep your life? I haven't even turned 18 yet, Daniel, you really do like to rush things." She joked as she let Daniel talk, and lay out his terms and conditions.

AlmighTy AlmighTy

Daniel lunged at Irina “I swore to Leon that I would protect you with life,” as their swords clash “But who will protect Alexander?” Daniel began to lunge more aggressively and strategically “He’s already lost his mother; how will you help him when he’s lost his father too because a woman wants to go to battle.” Daniel began to spar with Irina as if this was a battle and less of training session “How will tell my son his father died? Your sorry for his loss and embrace him as you did Leon when he lost his father… Princess you might’ve lost comrades on the field, but you’ll never know how it feels to lose everything.”

“As for my negotiations, Leon needs an heir and I don’t give a damn about this magically loving romantic experience you want being married to a king make you a political pawn just as I am.” Daniel swings his sword “I’ll ride out with you to the first battle but here and now I need your word that when we return you will provide a heir or I will turn you over to Scotland and let them do as they see fit.” He made a final lunge attempt and waited for Irina’s final response.

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
At once, at the first lunge alone, she could feel Daniel's intent wasn't just a friendly spar, it felt like he wanted to kill, to wound. As he talked, she stayed silent. She let him take out all his doubts and frustration in this duel. Luckily, with her skill and agility, she was able to evade and parry the attack. But she had to admit, Daniel was highly skilled, he was able to keep her on defensive which was a hard thing to do.

"I'll admit, you're correct in that I haven't lost everything, but I'd like to add I've lost a lot. My innocence, my childhood, I almost lost my ability to have children. That was on the battlefield at 13 years old at the hands of a French solider." She told him.

Though thinking about Daniel's request, they didn't seem unreasonable or unattainable. She also noticed that Daniel finished his relentless attacking. Irina smirked a bit, she could finally go on the offensive.

Going for the attack, she was trying to end this here and now, before Daniel might end up killing someone before the war even started. She went low and swept his legs so that he would fall on his back. Once he was on the ground, she took out a dagger that she always has strapped to her thigh. Soon, she had a dagger pointed at his neck.

They're faces were close as she won the spar. "I promise to try my best to produce a male heir for France once we get back from war. But I will say, if you turn me over to Scotland, you might come back to find me running the country." She joked as she looked down at him, wondering he'd call off the duel.

As Daniel laid his back he smirked “I said give Leon an heir, not tempt me with making another love child.” Before Irina could respond to Daniels’s remark he was hit in the head with a wooden sword “Заткнись дурак” a raspy voice said it was Alexander hitting his father with a sword while holding flowers in his other hand.

“Queen Irina, I would like to give these flowers to Leona. But his majesty said Leona isn’t allowed to talk to boys until she’s married. I advised him that I am her future husband and he had me removed from the throne room.” Alexander stopped hitting his father and stared deeply into Irina’s eyes “Help.”

Daniel stood “Yes, I know my four-year-old is more mature than me. His mother would read to him every night and when we lived in Spain my father made sure he spent 12 hours a day in class.” Daniel turned to Alexander “Go play with the other boys or beat the guards with your sword you don’t have to worry about marriage let Leona learn to walk before you start acting like her husband.”

Alexander rolled his eyes “Leona actually stood up while holding the edge of a chair, and”

Before Alexander could continue Daniel motioned for a guard to take him away. As he was being carried away Alexander yelled “Queen Irina help!”

Daniel smiled “He seems more like Leon’s kid than mine,” Daniel joked “Not interested in fighting anyone other than me.”

Last edited:
Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
Irina was slightly taken a back with Daniel's remark, she didn't mean it in that way. Plus he's the first person to talk to her like that, Leon wasn't much of a flirtatious type, much more of a romantic person at heart. But before she could retort back, she found Daniel being hit on the head with a wooden sword and a Russian phrase being repeated soon after. She moved away from Daniel and sheathed her dagger back into its place strapped around her thigh.

"Sounds like Leon, wants to shield her from all boys but marries her right away." She joked listening to Alexander's plea of help to give flowers to Leona. "He sounds much more mature than you and I frankly. Settling issues with words instead of blades." She admitted as she put away her own sword.

Seeing Daniel ask the guard to take Alexander away, she ordered the guard to halt for a moment. Irina walked over to Alexander. Kneeling before him, she grabbed the flowers out of his hand and promised, "I'll take them to Leona's room, I'm sure she'll love looking at the flowers. Sometime a single flower is all it takes for romance to blossom." She started to reminisce of the time she first met Leon, and the red flower that started it all.

She let the guards and Alexander go as she looked at the bouquet that Alexander going to give Leona. "Очень хорошенькая, even though they're grown all over our grounds. And to reply to your comment earlier, I did not mean to tempt you, but I suppose you are flesh and blood after all." She smiled and joked a bit as she jabbed him lightly to his arm. "But we must remember our loyalty to the King. Now, would you like to accompany to put these flowers in Leona's room?"

Alexanders Adventure

Alexander’s face turned red, and his kicking stopped as Irina kneeled before him “Scarlet Knight” he whispered as he was carried away. Alexander was soon put down and promptly walked over to Leon’s study he had been there for days and if not there he was in throne room. Alexander walked and bowed he didn’t realize the King was in a meeting with a few other nobles. “You’ve come to stand in your fathers place?” Leon said to Alexander with a smile. The other nobles laughed and joked about how Alexander would be a better council member than his fathers. To their surprise Alexander nodded “I am,” and he walked over to his father’s seat on the right side of Leon.

Alexander scouted the room there was Kolton Kings guard captain, Lord Heath Vanne, Lady Aislinn Keegan, Prophet Lyndon Hurste and The King. “Alexander sit with me, so you can see the top of the table,” Leon said as he motioned for Alexander to come over. He sat on Leon’s lap and listened as he spoke about not wanting a war and ways to win the war with out a lot of bloodshed. Alexander watched Leon in awe when he whispered, “White Knight,” Alexander realized he admired Leon and Irina a lot more than his father. The meeting ended only Leon and Aislinn remained in the room Leon sat Alexander who was now sleeping in chair and placed his fur over him.

But Alexander wasn’t sleep he was spying he needed information on Leon so he could win him over and he got way more than he bargained for. Lady Aislinn stood with Leon looking over some documents when Alexander noticed she would gently sniff him or gently grab his arm. Leon being polite just continued to go over the documents. Lady Aislinn sat on the table and gently placed her hand on top of Leon’s “I hope you know I’m here for you when Irina leave, I know how lonely you must get with the loss of your father and now both your sisters are gone.” Leon moved his hand “Honestly, I think I’ll be okay I have Leona and she fills me with so much joy,” Leon smiled and Aislinn looked down “Well maybe I’m lonely.” Leon looked Aislinn in the eyes “I’m sorry, I haven’t considered how you must feel coming from so far.” Leon hugged Aislinn who noticed Alexander eyes open she held her finger over her lips in a shh motion and sniffed Leon’s hair. Leon pulled away “Why don’t you and Alexander come with me to get Leona some dolls?” Aislinn smiled and agreed Leon woke Alexander up who faked a yawn and came along.

Daniel smiled at Irina “I’m loyal to my heart,” Daniel said he walked towards the steps. “Hurry up we have to get the flower to Princess Leona.” As Daniel walked through the halls many female servants bowed to him and smiled, he was well known amongst the servants. Upon entering Leona’s chambers, the was already flowers in the room Leona’s nurse was moving them “From the king,” the nurse said with an attitude “He spoils her, she’s the only five-month year old I know with three horses, two dogs, two cats, a personal dresser and a piano tutor.” The nurse bowed “Queen Irina please talk to the king I can’t keep up with all her animals, her classes, and her nap times. The king also requested two hours of daddy time per day but has her in four classes it’s a waste of money she sleeps through the classes.” Daniel made looked at Irina holding in his laughter as the nurse ranted as she moved all of Leon’s flowers around “How will my son compete with such a loving a father?”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
Walking side-by-side with Daniel through the halls, she watched as servants bowed to him and her. If Irina was well known amongst the knights, Daniel was definitely the golden boy among the servants. They made small talk as they made their way around the palace on the way to Leona's room. Talking with him made her realise, he was very well the first friend she's made in ages. She was glad to have a friend in this foreign land and that regarded as an equal.

All her life she was always the Princess of Russia, the Bloodhound, or even now the Queen Consort of France. Labels followed her everywhere and everyone always saw her through those labels. So finding a person that saw her as an equal was very rare, and when she found those people, she regarded them as friends.

Finally the pair reached the doors to Leona's room. Stepping inside, she saw the nurse already fixing up some flowers in a vase, and from none other than Leon. Hearing the nurse's pleas for Leona's schedule to be lighter, she felt sympathetic in a way. "Of course, I'll have a word with him. I never had that much gifts and rigorous schedule as a child. I spent my days freely, Это чудо, что я могу говорить на нескольких языках." She joked as she dismissed the maid and made a mental note to talk to Leon about this outrageous schedule.

Once the nurse left the room, she turned to Daniel and said, "You can laugh now. And how your son will compete with Leon? Who knows? But your kid is resourceful, I'm sure young Alexander will find a way to Leona's heart in the future." Walking over to another vase, she placed the flowers in them. "I'll probably just have the rest of these flowers sent to other places, it could decorate the palace." She said, placing Alexander's flowers on a ledge next to her crib.

"How about you? Planning on courting anyone interesting?" Irina asked curiously, turning back to him as she leaned against the lavish crib that Leona sleeps in. "Also, mind helping me persuade Leon into fixing Leona's scheduling issue?"

Daniel burst into laughter “A infant who takes piano lesson, I’ve changed my mind please don’t have any more children.” Once Daniel was gathered his composure “You know Alexander is fluent In Russian, I think he would enjoy talking to you he’s been so mature since his mother passed.” Daniel leaned on the wall “Yeah their marriage is for political reasons, if my brother dies Alexander will take the throne and Leona will be a queen instead of being known as the king’s bastard. It’s a win for both, Alexander’s mother was a bastard, child of a noble woman and a peasant she never met her real mother.”

“Leona would’ve had a better chance if her mother did kill a king … “
Daniel stood up straight “I’m not a long-term romance type of guy, I enjoy the moments and move on. I have Leon the romantic to knock me off my feet” he said in a tone trying to mimic Irina. Daniel laughed “Am I not entertaining enough you want the presence of the King?” Daniel said jokingly as he held the door open for Irina “He’s probably in the study.”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
"I'm of the opinion that more people should know a bit more Russian around here. You do not want to witness the amount of times I've forgotten a word in French or English. And no one can understand me when I say it in Russian. So to finally find another person I can talk to in Russian is a miracle, I would happily converse with Alexander anytime." She said happily. Speaking Russian was something she got so accustomed to at home that she feels homesick at times not being able to use her language. Sure it may sound like she's always angry or aggressive when she speak Russian, but it has it's moments where it can be soft and gentle just like any other language.

"And sorry for your loss again, both of you. She must've been a great woman, if only I'd gotten the chance to meet her." She sent her condolences to Daniel. She often wondered what type of woman Alexander's mother was. Especially since she romanced the playboy Daniel into having a child with her, she really must've been remarkable. "But you're right, I have a feeling Leon could sweep anyone off of their feet." She joked as she walked towards the door.

"And nonsense, you're more than entertaining enough, dare I say the most entertaining in this entire castle." She said to him as she jokingly curtsied to him as he opened the door for her. "C'mon now, let's help set Leona free of the mental prison her father is keeping her under."

Last edited:
Leon grabbed Alexander’s hand and proceeded to walk out the door, but before he could exit Lady Aislinn stepped on his cloak and made him fall back once he hit the ground Lady Aislinn threw herself on him. “I’m sorry, my lord I think something might’ve spilled please forgive me,” she said still sitting on him. “Not to be rude but…” just as Leon said that statement the door flew open. Alexander saw white hair and instantly ran and sat on Leon as well.

Daniel smiled he was really enjoying his time with Irina as they walked down the hall, he told her about Daniels’s mother. “I was knee deep in the Russian know and a beautiful woman ran outside and hit me with a pot and yelled. I didn’t understand so I just kissed her, and she hit me harder,” Daniel laughed “Then she went back in her house, and I just wondered in the snow until she invited me in, she was living all alone in a small house but, I was happy to be out of the snow.” Daniel reached to push open the throne room door there he saw Leon on the ground and Lady Aislinn sitting on top of Leon.

“Whore Aislinn are you trying to seduce my king and son”, Daniel grabbed Alexander and Aislinn stood up and grabbed Leon’s crown. Leon stood and Aislinn gave Leon his crown and gave a slight smirk. “The only whore here is you” she said responding to Daniels’s comment. She looked at Irina and smiled and walked out the room. Leon laughed “Are you two a thing? You dirty dog you and Aislinn.” Daniel laughed “I only have eyes for Irina …. And your mom,” Leon punched Daniel and they laughed together. Leon walked over to Irina “She is the most beautiful woman in France, but she’s all mine so go back to your whore,” he said jokingly. Alexander stared at Irina intently he wanted to tell her about Aislinn, “

Она хочет соблазнить короля ( She wants to seduce the king) he said in Russian as he looked at Irina.

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
"So she was Russian. You have good taste in women, Daniel. Although I must admit, we are very temperamental." Irina joked and laughed as the pair approached the study. "She must've been amazing, I wish to have met her." She said just as the Daniel sung the doors to the study open, revealing a very, well, interesting sight. Alexander, and most importantly, Lady Aislinn sitting atop Leon, her husband.

Her jaw clenched slightly and her expression turned to one of anger. But she tried her best to breathe and stay calm, sure some rough housing was normal in Russia, especially with affairs. She's seen plenty of men with black eyes and bloody noses all because they looked at someone's wife the wrong way. But here is France, she knew that they weren't much on physical means to solve anything.

Luckily, Daniel was able to do all the talking. It was nice for him to stuck up for Leon but also her, whether that was intentional or unintentional. Daniel and Leon had their obvious banter. She looked at the pair and her face softened slightly, they were really each other's best friends. But something caught her attention once more, Little Alexander said something in Russian, something only Irina would understand.

She knelt down to his level, and said to him. "Thank you for telling me. я позабочусь об этом. Oh by the way, I've just heard Leona loved the flowers." Of course that was a little white lie, but Leona was still an infant, she could've loved anything that was put in front of her at the moment. Standing up once more, she turned to Leon.

"Sorry to cut the jokes short, but we need to talk to you about Leona's schedule." She said while looking at Daniel hoping she can help back her up in this.

“Once upon a time,

There was a bloodhound and a pup, the blood hound was a strong warrior who swore to protect anyone she imprinted on. The pup was spoiled but kindhearted who adored the bloodhound but believed he wasn’t worthy. One day the bloodhound and pup spared, and the bloodhound found the pup worthy. They wed shortly after, but during this happy occasion the pup’s father was poisoned by the pup’s best friend the fox. The pups mother wanted the fox dead, but the pup couldn’t let his mother kill the fox because she was pregnant. This enraged the pup’s mother and caused a war the mother fled to her homeland, after the fox gave birth to a pup it was then that everyone understood this was the pup’s illegitimate child.

The pup decided that the fox would have to atone for her sins, and he sentenced her to death. The pup gave the fox an honorable burial. But this wasn’t enough for the pup’s mother she wanted to make an example of the fox. She sent troops to attack the pups home unfortunately, the troops killed his sister by accident. This caused the pup to turn into the cruel heartless wolf who would anything to get revenge. The wolf began to work long hours and neglect the bloodhound. But the bloodhound wasn’t lonely she found comfort in a cheetah who was also a warrior they began to develop a friendship.

The longer the war went on the more the wolf begged the bloodhound for an heir. The bloodhound wasn’t ready to be a parent, and this angered the wolf, however he respected her decision and began to find a way for his child with the fox to take the throne if anything were to happen to him. He told the world the truth that the pup was his father’s child and that after him she would be given the throne. This enraged the bloodhound to keep peace in their home she left for battle with the cheetah. The wolf had another living sibling an innocent cat who didn’t quite understand what this meant for her, but she fell in love with a lion who wasn’t a part of their world. The lion had no status or wealth just a kind heart, the wolf didn’t want his sister to marry a lion who had nothing to offer he wanted her to marry a prince from a different kingdom.

After the wolf forbid his sister from seeing the lion, her and the lion fled to a different kingdom where they could both be happy without wealth and status. However, they lived in fear that one day the big bad wolf would find them. The lived peacefully for years and even gave birth to beautiful son one day while the cat was doing laundry the troops invaded, she told her kitten to hide as she was taken by soldiers. The Lion roared with rage and took the kitten to the wolfs home demanding his wife back. But the wolf didn’t take her, he never looked for her he just hoped that she lived a happy life. The lion left the kitten with the wolf so he could search for his wife a few years passed and neither of them returned. The wolf raised the kitten as his own along with his pup, who was now becoming a beautiful young wolf wanted by many.

The young wolf didn’t want to get married she wanted to rule solo as she watched her father had. The wolf assured her that he wasn’t alone he has the bloodhound and even with her being gone their bond was inseparable. The young wolf smiled and though he was in denial rumor flooded their home that the bloodhound and the cheetah were dating. The young wolf was friends with the cheetah’s son they were even betrothed at one point but decided to focus on their own journeys. The cheetah’s son worked as the wolf hand assisting whenever needed. The young wolf shadowed her father and went on many quests to find information about her mother.”

Leona stopped reading and looked down at Aiden who had fallen asleep before she was able to finish the book. She placed Aiden in his bed and kissed forehead “Sleep peacefully kitten,” she whispered. She walked to throne room and sat beside her father the Queen would be returning to the palace after cease fire was decreed. The king who stressed showed on his face rubbed his face exposing his two missing fingers. Some soldiers made it to the palace and the king fought them but at a cost her lost two fingers and can longer wield a sword. Leona reached over and grabbed her fathers hand giving him a reassuring smile. The king smiled back and stood,

“After 10 long years of war we are no longer at war, our people will no longer have to live in fear, my daughter heir to the throne will sleep peacefully, and soul lost during this war can rest knowing no more of their brethren will be taken. Our Queen will return declared a hero and France will go through a revolution that will be fruitful for generations to come.”

The crowd claps and the Alexander the kings hand walks in “The Queen has arrived”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
The war was finally over. No more bloodshed as the two sides called a ceasefire for the better of both sides. Irina could finally go home. She could finally go home to her family. Although over time, the French soldiers became her family. The battlefield was always her home away from home. Over the 10 years of war, she got closer to Daniel too. The pair became like two peas in a pod, leading the troops into war every time.

Some Russian troops came to support them in battle, by Yuri's instance of course. But she was able to see Igor, Lev, and Maxim again, so she wasn't complaining. It was nice fighting alongside them once again and seeing some familiar faces among the Russian troops. However, once they came and word got out to France that Russian troops were fighting alongside French ones, she wasn't too sure about how Leon reacted back home. She visited from time to time but she never stayed for long.

The troops rode in on horseback towards the castle. Irina led them all the way there, riding on Anna, her beloved black mare. She knew that they were all excited to see their loved ones again, so she was glad to give them the honor of leading them home. Although she would also have to deliver the news to other families that their child has fallen in the line of battle. Yuri was usually the one to do that back home in Russia but this time it would be her responsibility.

They were finally at the throne room. Irina walked with the troops and knelt with them to greet the king. Once they all rose, Irina smiled at the men she fought alongside for 10 years and said, "You're all finally back in your motherland. Go celebrate with your fellow loved ones." With that the troops exited the throne room, leaving Irina alone with Leon, Leona, and Daniel if he chose to stay. "Nice to be back. How have you both been?" She asked.

From one glance alone, Irina looked like she did when she left. She was slightly stressed but not much, the battlefield was her element. But there were bandages that wrapped around her right shoulder. A pretty deep slash that had her not being able to move her right shoulder very much. Luckily that was during the last major battle and the doctors said she would be able to move it like she used to in a few months.

Leon smiled at Irina and Daniel “Alexander we have engagements.” Alexander smiled at his father and walked swiftly behind the king holding some documents that had to be reviewed. Leon looked tired but well he was starting to favor his father. Leon loved Irina but felt a lot of animosity towards her. He felt like she put her blood thirst before the kingdom and seeing her shoulder made him more upset, he felt that she was reckless.

Leona curtsied “Queen Irina.” She said formally she wanted to be less formal, but her father was still in hearing distance. She then stepped down from the stoop and hugged Irina and whispered, “Did you meet my mother?” Leona had questions about her mother and the only people who could tell her about her were dead or acted like bringing her up would summon an evil spirit this would be prime time to ask Irina questions before her father gave her another task.

Leona's scheduled had been full since before she could sit up, her father wanted her to be the perfect heir. He knew the hardships his mother faced in Scotland how she would never be 100% secure In her throne especially with a male relative that has a direct line to the throne Aiden. The little boy she had grown to love in the end would be her greatest rival. Leona didn’t quite understand this, she saw Aiden as a child and not a threat.

Daniel stood on the side of Irina and smiled back at his son, following the men out of the room.
“Leon wait,” Daniel shouted as he followed behind them.

Leon turned around and looked Daniel up and down “It’s your majesty.”

Daniel looked shocked “Your majesty did I do something to anger you? I did as you asked, I protected Irina...”
Leon grabs Daniel “Queen Irina, learn you place,”

Daniel pulls away “I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but I’ve been nothing but a brother to you.”

“Look me in my eyes and tell me you don’t have feelings for her?” Leon looked at Daniel with cold eyes
Daniel let out an uncomfortable chuckle “I love her like I love you, Leona, and my son. Yes, I might’ve flirted but I see her as family.”

“If I didn’t love Alexander as a son, you wouldn’t even still be here.” Leon turned to Alexander and grabbed the Documents “Entertain your father,” Leon walked away heading into the study.

Daniel scoffs “What died and made him like this,” Alexander crossed his arms “Both his siblings, A good amount of his people, He lost his fingers, to compensate for feeding the troops he took from the palace and not his people, his father died, his best friend died, and he’s currently having to prove why his bastard should talk the throne when you know the higher ups feels like easier solution would be for him to remarry and have an heir. Meanwhile you’re frolicking with his wife and can’t even write to your son.”
Daniel reaches out “I wasn’t like that.” Alexander walks away “I’m going to help my real father, we have a legacy to build.”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
She shifted her attention to little Leona as she curtsied or addressed her, well she's not so little anymore. Before Irina left for war she was tiny to her, but in 10 years she has definitely matured into an heir worthy of the French throne. Hearing her call her Queen Irina, she smiled a bit. You'd think after 10 years and counting of being the Queen of France that the title would settle in, it hasn't. "You don't have to address me so formally, Leona. Irina is perfectly fine." She said light-heartedly as Leona came to capture her in an embrace.

While in the hug, Irina heard what Leona had whispered in her ear. Of course Irina knew her mother, how could she not? All the drama about her transpired when she was still pretty new to France and she and Leon weren't even wed yet. "I did. But if you want to know about her, ask her when the King isn't around." She whispered back in her ear before releasing her from the hug and smiled gently at her.

Then watching the exchange between Leon and Daniel, it surprised her. He changed. The man she loved and married changed in the 10 years she was gone. If him treating Daniel like this was on the table, it made her question things. Mainly was, did he still love her? She wouldn't be surprised if he took a mistress or two while she was away. It's what her parents did back in Russia. But she had to remember, she wasn't in Russia. Having multiple lovers isn't as accepted here as it was back at home.

But with all the boys gone, it was just her and Leona. "Perfect timing, my dear. What would you like to know about your mother?" She turned back to Leona and decided to check in on Leon after she sedated some of the young lady's curiosity. She and Clarisse were never really close, but she did know a bit about her. She;d be glad to answer any question she may have.

Princess Leona of France

Leona smiled “If my father heard me address you as Irina, I would have to take a class on proper etiquette.” Leona chuckled. Leona watched the interaction with Leon and Daniel then turned to Irina she smiled as she noticed they both had the same facial expression. “These past 10 years have been stressful… Between losing his sister, the rumors about you and Daniel, and Aiden being here my father has been stressed to say the least.” Then Leona held up her and put her pinky and ring finger down “And having a hand like this would stress me out as well.”

Leona looked down “What was my mother like? Was she always evil… that’s what the servants say they knew she was trouble from a young age. Why didn’t my father save her?”

Irina Anhalt-Zerbst
"Wait, rumors about me and Daniel?" Irina asked in confusion. What rumors could she and Daniel possibly have? "You mean rumors about us being together? No way in hell that's happening. I couldn't even see it myself." She laughed at the notion of her and Daniel ever having a romantic relationship. They were best friends, sure the war brought them closer together but not that close.

But she brought herself back to the present, Leona's mother, the songbird of France. "I didn't know your mother well, I'm sorry. But I'll still answer your questions to the best of my ability." Irina listened to all the questions Leona had. Once everything was out, Irina began to respond to each and every question. "Evil? Is that what they're saying?" Irina scoffed. "Your mother was kind from what I remember. Voice of a songbird, that's for sure. I've only heard her sing once but even that time was memorable. And they exaggerate. Your mother was in no way evil. To my standards anyway. I've seen many more evil people in my lifetime than they will ever meet. And your father couldn't do anything because he couldn't. Back then there were more powerful forces than Leon and I. Was I able to answer all of your questions?"

Leona always so her father as the highest being what he said was the law so hearing there was someone higher than him didn’t satisfy Leona curiosity. Leona smiled “Yes, that answer was sufficient I should be heading to my piano lessons. Thank you, your majesty for taking the time to hear me out.” Leona was very passive aggressive like her father was before the war. She walked towards the door and her lady and waiting followed behind and whispered, “Your majesty please forgive her, her father has spoiled her and let her speak freely I will inform her etiquette teacher of this situation.”

Leon and Alexander set in the study chambers together running through multiple letter that had been received from the people just stating things that needed or wanted fixed.
“Your Majesty…” Alexander said looking at Leon.

Leon looked over “You know you can call me Leon, just because your father has returned that doesn’t change our relationship.”

Alexander smiled “I think you should do something nice for the queen you two have been at war for a while…”

“Ok” Leon said with a smile “But you have to take Leona out for some fun, I know I’m hard on her, but I want her to excel in everything so when she takes the throne there’s no question of her rights to it.”

Alexander nodded in agreement “I will, and I understand, In the world’s eyes Aiden would be the rightful heir. I don’t think Leona understands her situation if the Queen has an heir, then that child will take the throne and she will always be seen as a bastard. Aiden will probably be murdered and if you died before Irina all hell would break loose.”
Leon put his hand on Alexanders back “Now you understand the stress of a king.”

They both laughed and Leon smiled “I’m glad you’ll be sitting beside her when I’m gone.”

Alexander smiled “Me too because I’ve met the women in Spain, and they are aggressive, A lady asked to see my chambers last time I visited my grandfather. Didn’t even tell me her name just chambers.”

Leon laughed “When I was boy my father sent three women, a goat and a ….” Before Leon could finish his story Leona walked “Your Majesty, this evening could we have a moment.” Leon smiled “Yes I would enjoy that.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back