• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Modern Day John and Yoko Everyone! [Private]

"Did you want me to lie to you, huh?" He followed her in, hands in his pockets, watching things angrily whiz around. "Do you want me to tell you that I've been absolutely out of it and heartbroken, I haven't been able to sleep or eat? I've been working. Apparently a little too much. The icing on the cake though was being told not to get hung up on to the earthly jobs, don't move your eyes off the prize. Don't end up like your father, hung up on one person and leaving everything behind. But you're right, I should just go, you're the only one here who has it rough, right?"

Lucy stopped, staring down at her hands which were wrapped around her favorite cat mug, in the process of wrapping it to pack. Her voice barely above a whisper, "I want us to stop doing this to each other. Each too stubborn to show their hand. You left three years ago. I've been alone for the past two and I'm so tired of being alone." Turning to face him, she caught his eye, her breath hitched in her throat. "I need to get out of these woods. I called you here because not only do I /miss/ you, but I need your help leaving. I can't take this next step by myself."

"Then talk to me, Lucy! Stop shutting me out. I can't help you if you keep doing this! The only reason I left was to give you a life that you couldn't have with me. Look at you now, look where you are. I'm here to help but you need to let me."

"Fuck, fuck, okay. Okay." She sat down at the kitchen table and ran a hand through her hair. "I need to smoke." With a flick of her wrist, she produced a perfectly rolled joint. Sparking it up, she leaned back in the chair. "Where do you want to start?"

Lucy took another hit before offering it to Jude, "Well, everything started out fine. It was lonely, yeah, but I had Charlie. Then I noticed this...darkness. I could feel it all around me, I still kind of do. It was a great distraction, trying to discover it so I could overcome it, vanquish it, whatever--be the hero." She shrugged, slinking deeper into her chair.

"It wasn't from lack of trying. I managed to shake it without doing any real damage, but whatever it was...whatever it /is/, it wanted me dead." Lucy folded her arms across her chest, peeking up at him from behind her embarrassment. "It was painful and it sucked and I want to leave."

"The only thing that happened was I lost a few days." Lucy shrugged, reaching over to pluck the spliff from him, taking another long drag, letting her lungs expand fully before holding and exhaling. "But it's still here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back