• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Missing Deans of Teldaria

Coyooot

Probably weird.
Hey all! I'm trying to dust off this older RP that never took off. Would anyone like to join?

Welcome, to the forlorn continent of Teldaria. Formerly known as one of the proudest trading islands in all of Lostram.

But we've seen better days.

About 15 years ago, a Warlock named Shamit decided he'd had enough. He was a decent mage, but never could hold his own in a professional guild. No one believed in this poor half-orc, and he lost his temper. One day, he made a deal with the God of Deceit and Rage. The deal: let this God control him for one day, and he would be granted the abilities to make him the most powerful Warlock on the planet. He shook his hand, and blacked out. When he awoke, he witnessed the destruction this God had caused. The island he was on had been split in half. Lava stricken land made beaches out of pastures, and mountains were raised in defense. The people of this continent, hating the creature who did this, banished him with all of their magic and might to the ruined piece of island he created. Shamit cursed the God and called for an explanation. The God told him that a deal is a deal, and cursed him with untold Warlock power. The magic surged through Shamit's body, and he wretched in a rapid pain. After the transformation, he was a hideous wretch of his former self. But, he was powerful. After years passed, he began to curse the people who led him down this path along with the God who placed him there. His rage grows each day, and it's said that his fire fuels the volcanoes in his domain.

We begin with you all. All walks of life cross roads at the capital known simply as "The Grand". Goods, food, wine, and all other sorts of product can be found in the The Grand's famous Marketplace. Suddenly, the Governor rode across the town with grave news:
"People of The Grand. I come to you with horrid detail. There seems to have been a series of attacks on the schools of Teldaria. The Mage College of Portia, the Fighting School of Rivertrail, and the Artisians' Guild of Aquipa have been taken over. Their deans have been captured, and their campuses taken over. We have reason to believe that this is the work of Shamit the Terrible. If any wayward adventurers would care to offer service to the Guard, we would more than graciously accept. If so, come to the Royal Post at the center of town by dusk for a briefing on all we know! We're sorry, and thank you. Long Live Teldaria"
Hearing this, for your own reasons, you consider the benefit of becoming a hero. Whether it be for profit, the good of man, the upholding of law, or proving your strength against the strong, you ponder the possible gains you could acquire from this adventure. You then decide to see what they have to say, and head to the Royal Post.

Some other stuff
-The dice say what the dice say
-If you're found of cheating rolls, (changing outcomes somehow) You will be immediately kicked
-I'm not a rules lawyer, and a lot of my rules are homebrewed to what I see as the most fun. They may be weird, but they're consistent. Ask me if you have any questions.
-No smutrp (You can hit on people and presumably get dirty, but all of it will not be roleplayed. Most often you'll probably get to a bedroom and fade to black. NO ACTUAL SMUTRP)

Some Odd Rules That I'm Fond Of:
- Spells work as they normally would, but Materials needed can be completely replaced with your arcane focus. However, without the focus you need the material.
- I do not require keeping track of normal ammo (arrows, bolts) but if you get something special (explosive arrows, etc) then you must keep track of it for it's a limited supply
- 3 attunements at a time, and don't worry about tracking weights and encoumberance. I'll only worry about that with big stuff (You can have a bunch of potions, but you can't fit that park statue in your bag)
- I will NEVER let you not try something. If the dice say no, they say no. And if it's something ridiculous, they'll be a high DC. But you can ALWAYS try.
- Many of the items you'll be receiving and enemies you will encounter will be very homebrewed by yours truly. So don't worry about seeing if I got the numbers right on an item, because half of the time its not an official thing anyway!
-I think that's it, but if I make say anything that sounds different don't be dismayed. Just know that whatever any other stray rules there are, they will be consistentMap.jpg

WHAT IF WE DICE ROLLED TO SMUTRP WHILE FLYING MUHAHAHA

I think it's an interesting concept and would love to play. However, I do think you could update your map with the 1.0 assets in inkarnate. :3

<3 bonus points for inkarnate

Not a bad idea at all. I definitely made the map years ago and carried it over. Thanks for the tip

Also you joke but I have and will again have had players roll performance after the fade to black to see how it went. No details of course lol

I detest all romance and erping. However I would be upset if you didn't let me torture a foe with a hungry rat cage torture device. :3

I don't see why that would be a problem, I'd probably have you check on those rats every now and then though. Hungry sure but they need to eat at some points. Unless you torture people a lot. Either way I see it working. Definitely give you advantage on persuasion and intimidation while in there

<3 The last gm I had wouldnt even let me use ray of frost to freeze someone's finger nails off during interrogation.

and yes, I take goood care of fluffy. :3

I would be up for this if you get enough people.

Did you already decide on starting level or the size of the party you're aiming for?

This is definitely fascinating. I would be interested, too. I see that you are going to use DnD 5e rules. Is there a limit to what books? Or, can we use all books? Huge fan of DnD which is why this first caught my eye. I also like the story and am interested to see how everything unfolds.

I'm new here but familiar with 5e I would like to join. I would be playing A cleric(knowledge)

Yeah of course! In order

Felix Felix Starting level would be 5. Looking for a party around 4-6.
Aethbree Aethbree Yes all books including some Homebrew stuff. Mainly if it isn't official, run it by me and we can make sure it's balanced.
CryWitch CryWitch and skydude808 skydude808 Yes I haven't posted an official to yet so tonight when I'm done making the map, I'll post it

Would this be okay? Azariael is A priest of the goddess inara. He is responsible for caring for those who have passed and preparing mortals for the continuation of the "eternal journey". Inara is known as the goddess of the lost. She approaches unclaimed souls in their moments of death offering them her guidance through the underworld. Her followers view life as A small part of A continuous journey. They are often seen performing elaborate and strange rituals or rites for the dead or the dying, her spirit animal is that of A white Raven, many of her followers actively search for and excise undead, not out of disgust but from A sense of compassion for those beings who have yet to find peace. This comes from A beleif that even after death the body acts as A vessel of respite for the souls of those who still wander the underworld.
Inara is the twin sister of A goddess of healing. When they were children inara was kidnapped by A God of destruction who mistook her for her sister. When Baal discovered that she lacked her sisters prized abilities and cast her into the underworld. There she wandered lost for centuries, with the coming of mortals souls began to fill the plains of the underworld understanding their plight she began to guide them in their journey through deaths realm.
Azariael continues the great journey helping others who many view as lost and damned, he takes great pride in liberating the undead wherever he may find them. All in order to allow the fallen to find peace. Wearing travelers clothes draped with trinkets of all kinds out of all these is one he holds dearest which is the handprint of his sister who died from A plague it is marked upon A small sheet of silk buned into it by holy magic(divine symbol). Worn in A container around his neck.the unique thing for this God is that her followers have chances of receiving visions from the dead mostly at gms discretion or by divine action.

Here's my character, he is mostly a face and has plenty of illusions up his sleeve.

In short: Lucidian is a tiefling who grew up in a court where he developed a love for intrigue and stories of old. When he got caught up in plot to kill the lord he fled and became a con artist. He found his partner in crime (and love) in a high level wizard and together they ran a very profitable inception scheme. They would sell nobleman the ability to command the sandman and dream whatever they wanted. In reality the wizard cast dream and had Lucidian enter the dream to pretend to be the god and feed some political suggestions into the desires of clients. Everything changed when the real sandman, a fay creature with godlike powers (heavily inspired by Neil Gaimans sandman) took notice. He was furious about the impersonation. He killed Lucidians partner in front of his eyes and offered Lucidian the choice to dream an eternal nightmare or become his servant. Lucidian chose the latter and was cursed so he couldn't tell the difference between dream and reality. Now he walks the earth by day and by night in search of inspiring stories his lord can turn into new dreams.

Hey all! I like what I see so far. Here is the finished thread! Feel free to go to it and post in the characters thread!
Felix Felix skydude808 skydude808 Aethbree Aethbree CryWitch CryWitch still watching fma still watching fma

I have an app that allows me to build characters on the fly. I'll try to see if I can export the character sheet. I'll work on it tonight and post it here a bit later.

I'm pretty good too! I'm also a bit curious, but hey. I'll give it another day or two and if no one else joins I'm allright with a small party if y'all are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back