• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Mismatched Heroes of The Odyssey (Now Accepting)

- Liam King -

"Control Deck"​

BANG

Without a word, Liam fired stunning shots at Jackson too. Best to have all of these pirates knocked out before the fleet addressed the crisis in Terra.

Bravo team was still fighting Noma. Despite everything, Liam was still concerned in securing the ship and guaranteeing the safety of the rest of his crew, and if all the pirates in the deck had been neutralized, he would go down to capture the pirate's doctor too.

@Void Elemental, @Ironrot

Last edited by a moderator:
She stood still and silent, her arms crossed and her tail still. She looked at Liam with concern in her eyes, along with her other fellow crew members though her face remained serious and calm.

She stood awaiting further orders.

Bryn looked at the unconscious bodies on the floor. They put up quite a fight before, and it surprised her that they were able to fall that easily. Then again, everyone was caught off guard.

"Thank you for taking the initiative, Lieutenant," she said calmly to Liam, "Make sure the remaining threat is neutralized so that we can figure how to continue with these... new circumstances. We also need to find a new way of containing them now that their original prison is now dysfunctional. Find something to handcuff them to, maybe."

She then looked at Marian. "Take care of the casualties." She instructed, "Since the government is expecting us to deliver the prisoners alive... you may treat them. But I advise you exercise caution if you do." She said begrudgingly. As much as she would love to see them dead, she decided to stay with the orders given to her for now. If the prisoners were to revolt again, then she would reconsider.

"We will look into this new situation and figure out our next course of action from there. Stig, maybe you can look into what kind of technology they are using for the force field that is containing Terra." She said to the engineer.

@Zer0 @BlueBeauty @Kwillz

Stig straightened himself as the commands were given. He was still in a bit of the daze but snapped himself back into reality.

"You got it, Captain." Stig nodded "I'm not very familiar with Lunar technology.. In fact barely anyone knows fully about Lunar engineering since they've always been keeping to themselves, so the much of the information out there that we can access is either rumors, speculation, or just out of date. But I'll see with I can find."

He stepped closer to the window and stared at Terra. Using ISAAC linked to the goggles he had on, he attempted to analyze the make up of the force field. The data he got back was hard to dicipher, which meant there was much he was unfamiliar with in the programming and engineering.

"Fascinating..." Stig said in awe "This force field is unlike the ones I've studied and worked with. It isn't programmed for protection like most, but it's more like a prison. One so powerful it can entrap an entire planet..."

She nods. "Yes captain. Are any of you hurt?" She asked them with concern.

She took out a small medical kit that she always had in her coat with the necisary supplies and had put some extra sedatives too when they got this mission.

"I think the four of us were able to get through with the worst only being a few scrapes and some shock..." Bryn said, "Go take care of the more fatally wounded. Hopefully at least some of them haven't crossed over just yet. The dead should also be taken care of as well..." Her voice was more somber than the usual harsh tone it normally had. She couldn't look at the bodies lying in the room with them, instead just keeping her focus on Terra.

After a few years serving as an officer and the help of regular therapy she learned how to keep herself composed during the death of any soldier serving under her- at least on the outside. She had learned how to hide all the fear and anxiety it gave her behind the disguise of a stoic leader. But really, whether it was one private or an entire massacre, it still scarred her.

She put a paw on Bryn's shoulder. "I'll take care of them, just look over the prisoner's while i'm gone. I can take care of the casualties myself." She could see through Bryn's strong facade and she didn't want to make anybody else more upset so she would handle the casualties by herself willingly. She was a doctor after all and one main factor in a doctor's life was death and suffering. her job was to ease the pain and heal them the best she could and make sure the dead recieved proper respects. She learned this when she was a teen in the ministry. Yes she cried the first few times but it did no good so unless it was someone close to her she saved her tears.

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

Liam nodded, "Roger that, captain." He had a few soldiers come in and secure the pirates on the deck, leaving them there with proper restraints now while the remaining pirate was dealt with and another prison prepared.

With their hands in front, their wrists and feet were bound with tougher augmented cuffs that would deliver a paralytic chemical if they were strained. A squad of ten guards armed with stunning rounds of a higher voltage were tasked to guard them now.

Liam made his way to the Prisoner's Area where Noma was and gave sniper support to the close combatants, timing his stunning shots whenever she was distracted so that she would have to try evading multiple attacks from more than one direction at once.

@Miss Ditzy, @Ironrot

She walked out and attended to the casualties, she helped walk or carried them on a levitating stretcher to the medical bay while giving them doses of pain medication.

She tended to her patients from the most severe injuries to the less. performing a few surgeries with the greatest care and precision, along with the help of a few medical droids.

She had asigned a few droids to dispose of the dead bodies according to protocal while she was busy with surgery.

When she finished with the major surgeries she then moved on to bandageing and mending smaller wounds on other less fataly injured soldiers. Another hour passed as she gave her patients medicine and cleaning the wounds of infection. She had never seen such a blood bath since the Saturnian plague broke out when she was sixteen. The hospitol had found a cure in a matter of a week but through that the body count was high.

When her tasks were done she took off her medical gloves and stepped outside, exhausted. She sighed, massaging her forehead a little and walking to the control deck to report to captain Bryn looking tired from the days dramatic events.

[Aboard the scout ship Zekara]

Halkrath Bhu'ja looked on the hologram, at the Terran ship Odyssey. A bored was confirmed to be the 'pirates' he was looking for. He tapped a few times on the arm console, before the chair he was sitting in spun around. Rising from the chair he proceeded to walk over to the weapons rack three rooms from the command center. After a few minutes of prepping he was ready to launch into the ship. On his way to the command center a loud siren blazed through the ship. The AI had detected weapons fire in its immediate vicinity. He ran back to the command center. Taking a seat again, he tapped the console. A hologram popped up displaying another ship splitting in two. Instantly the Ai began conducting scans of the ship, while cloaking. It could not get a definite read, but it had got something. The second half of the sphere still remained however. It was after a few moments the ship received a radio transmission. He cared little for the politics of this system, but this did slightly interfere with his plans. This did however provide a opportunity. The occupants of the ship would most likely be in shock, thus he could get close to the ship without much interference.

The cloaked scout ship would know make way towards the Odyssey. It would only take a few minutes, so Halkrath Bhu'ja made way to the armory where he would put on his Death dealer armor.

The rear of the makeshift prisoner's area was lit by a brilliant fireball. Muffled screams could be heard in its wake.This was also the first time Noma had been able to properly see her surroundings. It also offered her a moment of relief. Every security member was wearing night vision goggles, all of which were now lit by a blinding white light, if only momentarily, while the lenses adjusted. Even the troublesome sniper who had kept Noma in cover stopped for a moment.

Noma did not use the time to rest. Two security members were all but upon her. One fired wildly over Noma's head in his brief blindness. Noma hit him in the neck and threw him to the ground before forcing his comrade down on top of him. She brought the but of her appropriated rifle down on the seal of one of the fuel barrels. Flammable liquid poured out into the two men, writhing on the ground. One of them rolled over and tried to raise his gun until Noma stepped on the barrel and pointed at the fire insignia on the barrel, making a 'Nah-Uh' sound.

"Get up. Face away from me" She demanded, keeping the rifle pointed at the guards. "Walk out, stay together." Noma followed the two men, holding one by the collar while keeping her rifle pressed to the other's back. Tjey walked into the open, Noma hidden behind the men.

"YOUR MEN ARE COVERED IN FUEL! ETHANOL BASED, BY THE TASTE. ONE MOVE AN THEY GO UP LIKE A TORCH!" She shouted to the room. "Now. Where is my crew?"

@Zer0

Azul's mind was foggy as he struggled to gain awareness. His body radiated pain, which he couldn't ignore no matter how much he tried. He had already been injured before that weapon master idiot attacked him, so Azul was quite weak. The bullet was still in him and his hand still had gflass embedded in it, and he was pretty sure he was still bleeding. Azul's eyes fluttered open weakly, looking right at a guard who quickly raised up a blaster.

Whatever.

He didn't care about his situation anymore. He just wanted a nice sleep...

Azul drifted back into unconsciousness.

She walked to the control deck and saluted to Captain Bryn. "Captain Bryn, all casualties have been treated." She relaxed her salute, holding her paws behind her back. "If you have no further need of me I'll be treating the prisoner's injuries, our orders are to bring them back alive but I still ask for your orders." She would most likely treat their injuries enough to let them live anyway if Bryn didn't give permission. Her caring nature was partcially getting the best of her.

She waited patiently for Bryn's orders.

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

"Your crew has been captured, Noma." said Liam calmly, sniper rifle still up and wary. "Stand down. Control, give me a video feed of the prisoners."

He slowly took out his tablet and slid it across the floor where a video feed from a security camera showed the rest of the pirate crew bound and unconscious.

"They won't be killed, so don't kill my men." Liam's expression showed that he was willing to cooperate, but if his men were killed, there was only going to be a world of pain.

@Ironrot

Bryn turned to the doctor, letting out a sigh. "Thank you, Doctor. I appreciate it.." She looked at the prisoners chained up, surround by guards at all sides. "They look alive to me." There was a sharp cruelty in her voice. She looked back out the window. "I will not go against the orders given to me... for now. However I remind you to be cautious. They may be incapacitated at the moment but they can still bite. Literally and metaphorically."

"Yes, captain. Don't worry i'll be careful, I'll just do my job and leave." She stated confidently, giving her a reasurring smile. "After all, I bite too." She tried to lift her spirits a little bit.

She walked to where the prisoners were being held and told the guards of her intentions. She walked to Azul first as he seemed to be the most injured. She began by taking the glass carefully from his hand, cleaning the wounds and mending the cuts. She bandaged his hand then moved on to his other hand, carefully taking out the bullet, cleaning and mending the injury as well.

Katya's eyes flickered open slowly and drowsily. Her head swayed on its shoulders, "Christ all mighty, she groaned seeingbdverythibgin sets of two. Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment the girl sighed. Slowly she opened them again as everything stopped spinning, swearing under her breath in Russian she squinted. Looking around the girl caught sight of the Doctor tending to her captain. "Ah, that fuck wit doesn't know what to admit defeat," shaking her head she watched, falling quiet.

(Feel accomplished as I did not type this sober) (that's probably why there maybe a lot of swearing...sorry.)

Noma crouched as the device slid toward her. She relaxed when she realized what it was and shifted a little to peer at the image from between her hostages. The other pirates looked okay, they were starting to regain consciousness.

"Bring them here." Noma demanded bluntly, "Your Captain too. We need to have a chat." Noma's heart was thumping in her ears. Noma had a mind on terra and its terror at the global situation was flooding the hivemind's network. On a far away federation ship another node was trying to offset from his gunmetal grey bunk with rhythmic breathing exercises. The Noma on The Odyssey shook her head a little before continuing.

"And would some turn the fucking lights back on!"

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

Liam glanced at the soldiers taken hostage who gave him defiant looks and he shook his head. "No." he said quietly. "Stand down, kick the weapon away, and I'll take you to your crew."

Risking his captain's life and bringing the rest of the pirates here when they still had an armed comrade up and about was the most foolish thing he could do. Worse scenario was Bryn could get shot, the pirates free again, and more people killed. He and his men silently agreed that they'd rather have no one leave this area alive.

"Stand down, Noma." said Liam with a tone of finality in his voice.

@Ironrot

She continues working on Azul's injuries when she notices Katya waking up. "I know this is probably a silly question considering your cybernetic enhancments but are you injured?"

She asked calmly, looking at Katya for a moment before refocusing on Azul's injuries.

"Not happening!" Noma spat back. Part of the appeal of the pirates life was that she could afford the risks. The loss or imprisonment of this node was hardly an issue when there were three more walking around. However, the recent 'Terra situation' was putting that in jeopardy. She thought for a moment. There was silence in the dark, cold room.

"Just the Captains then. We need to chat." She sounded a little unsure. She didn't normally have to negotiate under these conditions. "And if those light aren't on in sixty seconds I'll make my own." She added the threat to save face. Not that she was lying. The good thing about having two hostages is that you do not need two hostages.

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

'Chat . . . Yeah, right.' thought Liam. Like he'd trust these trash after their merciless killing spree.

"Control, cut the video feed." said Liam through his comms. "If you hear gunshots or my command, kill the pirates." he said quietly, a glint of red in his eyes. "Last warning, Noma . . . We four all die here and your entire crew, or you stand down and I take you to them. Your call."

Liam gave the tiniest of nods at the soldiers, who tensed up, ready.

(OOC: @Miss Ditzy (You can intervene if you like), @Ironrot)

Bryn had heard Liam's commands over the comms and wondered if the situation was controlled down there. She hadn't heard anything from down there since he left. Maybe some kind of standoff? That wouldn't be surprising. The last pirate would be extremely desperate down there alone.

"Lieutenant, report." She said to Liam over the comms. "How's the situation holding down there? Do you need any help sent to you?"

@Zer0

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

"Noma's got two of my men hostage, Cap." said Liam, not taking his eyes off the pirate, his trigger finger ready. "Says she wants to have you and Azul here for a chat . . . Control's got orders to kill the pirates if they hear gunshots or my command . . . How do you wish to proceed?"

@Miss Ditzy

{Little warning here. Mild graphic description of burning to death}

"Do you know what it feels like to be on fire?" Noma whispered to the guards. "I do.

First your blood boils under your skin." She kicked one of the guards down on his knees and clearly pointed the rifle at him. Thirty seconds left. Noma was counting in her head. She was actually quite impressed by Liam's resolve. He might actually let these men die. She continued to whisper to the standing soldier

"You can hear your skin peeling. But thats not what kills you..." She saw the man's jaw quiver a little. "You asphyxiate. You inhale the flames and..." The man snapped.

"Turn the fucking lights on, Sir!" He shouted. Noma smirked a little in the darkness.

Ten... nine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back