• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Mismatched Heroes of The Odyssey (Now Accepting)

Needless murder wasn't Kat's fortay. If Noma wanted to kill someone kill Liam. Ignoring the doctor, who had grazed her waist with a bullet, she spoke to Bryn, "Take me to her, my captains barely conscious. There would be no point in taking him." She told them scowling slightly as she tried think of a solution.

Very slowly she moved her legs from under her staring at the captain, "Noma has no remorse she will kill anyone and everyone, much like the rest of my crew." She shook her head, "but I don't operate like that."

Last edited by a moderator:
"A chat, huh?" Bryn knew that the pirate couldn't be trusted. But she knew she couldn't let the two men held hostage just die. She was their captain, and she had a duty to protect them at any cost. She knew that even if she went there would be a chance that they would die anyway. There was of course the chance that she'd die too. But if there was also the possibility she could save them, that was a chance she was willing to take. She refused to stand by and let them die.

"I'll hear what she has to say." She told Liam. She looked at Kat who spoke up with Azul still being treated by Marian next to her. She seemed strangely sincere about not murdering needlessly. Maybe it was better that Azul be kept under watch in the control deck anyway. "Very well." She removed the restraints on Kat's feet and had a guard lift her to her feet. The guard kept Kat's hands back and head forward as they walked down to the prisoner's area. Bryn kept one pistol against Kat's side. "I remind you that I've been keeping you alive even after you have given me all the reason to have you all terminated here and now. Do not make me change my mind."

When they entered the prison area, Bryn turned on the lights, revealing the entire scene. "What the hell is going on here?" Bryn saw the two hostages tensed up and dazed, and Liam keeping his eyes square on Noma. She turned to the pirate.

"Your friend here asked to come along in place of your captain. He is still unconscious and currently being treated for his wounds. You wouldn't want him bleeding out while down here, would you?" She said calmly to Noma. "Now, what is it you wanted to chat about?"

@JustCallMeAimee @Zer0 @Ironrot

[Aboard scout ship Zekara]

Halkrath Bhu'ja had finished putting on his death dealer armor, when the ship came into range. A small light flashed on his wrist bracer indicating this to him. Tapping at the bracer he set the ships ai to engage. In that second the ship de-cloacked just a few feet away from the odyssey. A blue light was emitted from the front, as the ships main weapon came online. Super heated plasma was shot out in a continues beam; as the heat from the wagon was rerouted into a large emp device under the ship. After a few minutes of continues fire the ship stopped instantly turning to its side so the underbelly was aiming to the ship.

The underbelly sparked in a circular device. Purple arcs of electricity began to flow in a circle like a whirl pool. In the core a bright sphere of purple plasma formed reacting to the arcs of electricity. After a few seconeds the emp was fired sending a large emp wave just big enough to encompas the Odyssey. With that done Halkrath Bhu'ja had already entered a boarding pod. It was shot out with intense speed reaching that of a sunlight. The armor was strong enough to pierce whatever remaining shielding might be left if the emp did not drain it all. In a split second the pod with its spear like frontal head shot straight into the ships hull. Presuming on a cell deck. The scout ship recloacked moving away to a safe distance till recalled for pickup. The pod opened up after the pod extended it's back end to seal the breached hull. Halkrath Bhu'ja emerged from the pod looking around. There was no immediate life around him which was good. Tapping his bracer he clocked a flash of red light emitted from the eye sockets of his mask. Now it was time to hunt.

@JustCallMeAimee @Zer0, @Ironrot ,@Miss Ditzy ,@Coal ,@Kwillz

Noma peered into the darkness at the source of the captain's voice.

"Are we at war? You must be one of the only ships within a day of Terra that not under that field." Noma walked her meat-shield forward a little, being weary not to pass the second man, still on his knees. She could just make out the silhouettes of a couple of figures.

"Because, not to put too fine a point on it but, you are short on soldiers." Noma let an awkward silence pass, maybe for too long. She was not really certain on how to phrase the next part. 'Because we're good killers' did not sound right. Maybe 'Because I want immunity'?

CLANG!

An impact rang throughout the ship. Bouncing off the metal walls. In the blackness it was deafening.

"Are we under attack?!" Noma shouted, pulling 'her' guard back into a stooped position. It made sense, you do not attack a planet without mopping up its military.

Stig was running analysis on the force field surround Terra when ISAAC began panicking.

"S-sir!" ISAAC said from Stig's watch. "There's an unknown object trying to infiltrate our defenses!"

"What?!" Stig was dumbfounded, "Is it a ship from Luna?"

"I...can't tell sir." he replied, "But they're breaking through our defenses at alarming rates. We should get assistance!"

"Uh..r-right!" Stig said, and he bolted down out of the control deck to get Captain Bryn.

He was slightly worried that she'd get even more angry with the new bad things happening to them. But he needed to get help. He ran into the prison area flustered and out of breath. He couldn't stop himself before pretty much tripping over his feet and crashing into the captain.

"S-sorry captain!" Stig stumbled back, before straightening himself and instinctually saluting her. "B-but I'm afraid I have more bad news..."

He was cut off with the sound of the impact. "Someone has broken into the Odyssey.."

@Miss Ditzy

[Aboard the Odyssey]

Halkrath Bhu'ja beagn setting laser net traps to secure the deck he was on. He made sure that once on this deck there was only one way back out. After a few minutes of doing this he stood in front of the door leading to the stair case. He tapped away at his wrist bracer, before it displayed a hologram of the ship. It narrowed down on a section of the ship where it indicated the main source of power was generated. cutting that would disable the ship significantly to the point where hunting would be better. Instantly he began to make his way there hopefully for the crew, they would not encounter him.

@JustCallMeAimee @Zer0 , @Ironrot ,@Miss Ditzy ,@Coal ,@Kwillz

Her head snapped up at the loud noise, her ears twitching as she turned towards the exit and carefully walked out, her paws silent against the floor, her movements carefully calculated and senses on high alert.

She carefully sniffed the air, smelling something unfamiliar and walked down the halls carefully following the scent, all-the-while feeling like she would jump at the slightest noise.

Katya felt a familiar presence and she counting quite figure it out. But she recognised the feeling abd felt as though she should try and get off the ship. Suddenly it clicked in the Russian's mind who it was, "fuck me..." She mumbled looking around.she knew who was on the ship.

BlueBeauty said:
Her head snapped up at the loud noise, her ears twitching as she turned towards the exit and carefully walked out, her paws silent against the floor, her movements carefully calculated and senses on high alert.
She carefully sniffed the air, smelling something unfamiliar and walked down the halls carefully following the scent, all-the-while feeling like she would jump at the slightest noise.
After some time he had arrived on the deck he needed to be. He stopped suddenly when he could faintly hear footsteps down the corridor. He slowly crept forward placing laser net traps on the entrance to that deck. He extended his wrist blades moving quietly forward. It was not until he reached a separation in the halls, that he saw a feline humanoid. Silently they walked forward, and Halkrath Bhu'ja was impressed. It had bin quite some time since he had hunted one of their kind. In that moment a crew men came from a door. In one second he shoved the wrist bracer into the crewmen's chest. With little effort he pulled the crewmen's spine, and skull from the body. He held it in his hands as the blood dripped on his invisible form. The faint outline of his invisible form could be seen to the trained eye, as he looked towards the feline humanoid. The eyes on his mask flashed red before going back invisible.

Her eyes widened, the scent of blood hitting her nose. On all fours she looked at Bhu'ja, even though he was invisable she could smell and slightly sense him. Her fur stood on end and she let out a warning hiss, her pupils turning to slits, her sharp fangs showing and back rising a bit, her claws extending from her paws as she let instinct take over and slowly got into a defensive stance. She stood completely still, quietly growling at him as she saw the blood outline and his eyes flash ever so slightly. "Who are you and what do you want here!" She hissed. "We already have enough wounded on this ship so if you would kindly get the hell off and let us be." She growled menacingly, keeping her teeth bared.

BlueBeauty said:
Her eyes widened, the scent of blood hitting her nose. On all fours she looked at Bhu'ja, even though he was invisable she could smell and slightly scnce him. Her fur stoof on end and she let out a warning hiss, her pupils turning to slits, her sharp fangs showing and back rising a bit, her claws extending from her paws as she let instinct take over and slowly got into a defensive stance. She stood completely still, quietly growling at him as she saw the blood outline and his eyes flash ever so slightly. "Who are you and what do you want here!" She hissed. "We already have enough wounded on this ship so if you would kindly get the hell off and let us be." She growled menacingly, keeping her teeth bared.
He dropped the body to the ground with a loud thud. He attached the skull to his belt, before he looked back to the feline. His eyes locked on to the felines, as he reached to his back. He slowly pulled out a gun of some sort, though the feline could not really tell. He pointed it towards the feline humanoid. It was not really necessary to capture what he know knew was a female due to the mask scanner. She would provide a good hunt, which was the only reason he decided to do so. The only question was how much of a fight would she put up. He took a few steps closer releasing a snarl to her remark just before he fired the net gun.

[media]

[/media]
The Netgun, also known as the Net Launcher, is a

Yautja weapon that fires a wire net at great velocity and with great force, typically to trap and ensnare prey. Once fired, the net itself has the ability to tighten around its trapped target with sufficient force to cause the wire mesh to cut into the victim.
latest

She arched up her back, scraping her claws on the floor as she instinctivly tried to dig them into the ground. She gave a ferocious growl before releasing her energy into a short gallop and lunged at him, pulling out her blaster and shooting at him, all the while trying to bat his gun away and slashing her claws at any weak spots or exposed skin. Her eyes were wild as her animalistic instincts took over, fiercly growling all the way. She knew this was most likely a stupid move but running would probably also be pointless. She might as well fight for her life and her crew members.

BlueBeauty said:
She arched up her back, scraping her claws on the floor as she instinctivly tried to dig them into the ground. She gave a ferocious growl before releasing her energy into a short gallop and lunged at him, pulling out her blaster and shooting at him, all the while trying to bat his gun away and slashing her claws at any weak spots or exposed skin. Her eyes were wild as her animalistic instincts took over, fiercly growling all the way. She knew this was most likely a stupid move but running would probably also be pointless. She might as well fight for her life and her crew members.
Halkrath Bhu'ja did not bother to block the shot as it grazed his shoulder. When the female feline lunged at him he gave a faint few series of clicking sounds.

[media]

[/media]
As soon as she reached him he instantly reached out grabbing her neck. He held on with great force, as his cloak dissipated revealing what he looked like.

predator_the_deathdealer_by_cantas78-d7dbio5.jpg

He looked dead in her eyes, while he griped tightly holding her in the air. While she would scratch and claw his body was completely covered in armor. Then in a quick sudden motion he threw her against the wall with great force she could dent it.

"AH! Agh.." She groaned in pain as she slid down to the floor, it was a miracle she was still concious as she tried to get up, shaking her head and hissing at him, her eyes slightly widened in fear as she got a good look at him. Her fight or flight kicked in and she knew she wasn't that capable of beating him though she wasn't ready to run yet. She jumped up though swaying a bit and shot him a few times, aiming at his head, legs and torso before running down the corridor away from him as fast as she could. If he gave chase she'd sometimes turn and shoot at him, hopeing to slow him down.

BlueBeauty said:
"AH! Agh.." She groaned in pain as she slid down to the floor, it was a miracle she was still concious as she tried to get up, shaking her head and hissing at him, her eyes slightly widened in fear as she got a good look at him. Her fight or flight kicked in and she knew she wasn't that capable of beating him though she wasn't ready to run yet. She jumped up though swaying a bit and shoot him a few times, aiming at his head, legs and torso before running down the corridor away from him as fast as she could. If he gave chase she'd sometimes turn and shoot at him, hopeing to slow him down.
Halkrath Bhu'ja aimned the net gun to the left and fired. To the right he pulled out his combi stick and threw it to the right. To the top he fired a plasma bolt set to stun, which left if anything a burnt gash wound. This prey was not going to get away. If the feline did she would prove her worth in taking as a contender. Thankfully he had set the laser net traps at the exits for this deck.

1086-1330452544-c43e805191cad1ad65ab82665f440c2c.jpg

Her eyes widened as she lept out of the way of the combi stick, it grazing her side. She winced and ducked her head from the plasma bolt and pushed off the wall acrobatically away from the net and ran towards the exits, lungeing for the door with hope in her eyes. Images of her family and friends flash in her mind as she knew she couldn't win this battle on her own. She needed to get away to alert the others.

BlueBeauty said:
Her eyes widened as she lept out of the way of the combi stick, it grazing her side. She winced and ducked her head from the plasma bolt and pushed off the wall acrobatically away from the net and ran towards the exits, lungeing for the door with hope in her eyes. Images of her family and friends flash in her mind as she knew she couldn't win this battle on her own. She needed to get away to alert the others.
Halkrath Bhu'ja proceeded to walk over to his combi stick pulling it from the wall. He replaced the cartridge for the net gun, and looked over to the feline as she fled. The laser net trap was still active, before he tapped his wrist bracer a few times shutting this one down.

3235730-predator+gear+laser+mines+(avpr)+(2).png

While he would prefer to capture this one now, this provided a opportunity for the hunt. Them being alert would be much better. With the feline gone he once again made his way over to the main generator. While he would expect some resistance he dough-ted any would prove dangerous.

She ran at full speed down the halls, the andrenaline causing her to not notice the pain of the gash in her side. She sped down to the Prisoner's Area. "CAPTAIN BRYN! LIAM! STIG!" She shouted desperatly, panting. She slid into the room, just catching herself with the help of her claws. She panted, taking a few breaths before speaking again. "There's something on the ship! I don't know what species he is, i've never seen something like it before! But it's a hunter I can tell you that. And, it's fully armed, my little blaster won't affect it. It's heading for the generators. I can't fight him alone." She reported a little breathles, just beginning to feel the sting on her side.

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

"Got it." Liam nodded at Marian and Stig. "Control, show me the security feeds . . ." he said through his comms.

He saw that the monster was in the south corridor of the lower deck, it seemed too late to catch it on foot now. "Control, lock down all the doors of the south corridor. " he played back the footage and witnessed the intruder's arsenal. It was something he's never encountered before, only read in the archives of The Fleet's Central Intelligence Agency. There was a race of hunters called the Yautja, whose skills rivaled the elite of the elite of mankind's warriors. They were known to take down entire fleet ships all by themselves.

"All strike teams go into combat alert, we've got one more bogey to kill. Equip gas masks, thermals and switch to armor-piercing rounds. Control, I want our comms encrypted ASAP. Bravo team sweep from the north towards the generators, Alpha team the east, and Foxtrot the west. We'll do this together from the control deck, gentlemen. Three minutes, hussle up and get ready."

"Copy, Lieutenant."

"Here." Liam tossed a spare comms to Marian and Stig so that the two didn't have to come running all the time. "You two know where the armory is? Might want to wear something tougher."

He turned to the captain and Noma. He hated to say this, but time was of the essence and he couldn't let anger get in the way. Just thinking about the words already made him feel like he was betraying his men who had been killed. "Captain . . .", he began quietly, struggling with the words, "These hunters are in the CIA's archives as one of mankind's top enemies. . . they don't go down easily. It . . . may be our best interest to work with the pirates --- for now."

He gave Noma a steely look as he got ready to leave and join his men. "The decision's all yours, Captain. I'll go and take care of the intruder's ship."

(OOC: @Miss Ditzy, @BlueBeauty, @Ironrot (If the captain doesn't reply, maybe just assume she said yes and the pirates are free? What do you think, @Coal?), @Lord Anubis, @Kwillz)

"Right, cmon Stig.' She ran off towards the armory, blaster in her paw and ready to fire if needed. She moved down the halls quickly, her white and ,slightly stained crimson, lab coat flowing behind her. She made it down to the Armory and typed in her pass code, along with lowering her head to face the eye scanner to check her identity. The screen glowed green, showing she passed and the door slid open with a 'whoosh'. She walked inside and put on some armor along with taking a couple powerful weapons she knew how to use and could carry.

The Russian raised her head slowly before speaking, "the intruder Ive met him before." It wasn't a lot but it wasn't the whole truth. Sighing under her breath she tilted her head, "I don't like this guy so I'm willing to help you, now can you unlock these cuffs?" She smiled softly straightening.

This just had to get worse, didn't it? "You've got to be fucking joking.." Bryn muttered.

She hestitated for a only moment before unlocking the cuffs on Katya. The fleet was in a situation so desperate that trusting its prisoners was the safest risk they could take. There was a bigger threat to them than any sort of betrayal from the pirates anyway.

"If we're all gonna die might as well put up some sort of fight against that thing." She nodded to Liam, "Sounds like a plan Liuetenant. Now get moving." She walked over to the crates and unlocked them, revealing the pirates' weapons and other belongings. "You two: take what's yours then follow me and we'll get you friends geared up as well."

Bryn took out her second revolver from the holster and loaded it. She only ever dual wielded when the situation was dire, and it seemed now was the best time of ever. Once the Pirates were ready she took the weapons belonging to the other two and led them back up to the control deck, where they found the other two pirates with only one soldier guarding them since all the others were needed elsewhere. She had the guard unlock the cuffs and Bryn dropped their weapons at their feet. "Get up, I've got something we need help killing."

@Zer0Sight @JustCallMeAimee @Ironrot @Coal @Void Elemental

Azul woke up to his body being josled around. His body ached but not as bad as before. He looked up so see the rival captain glaring at him. Wait, they were freeing them? Azul let out a humorless croak from his parched throat and clumsily got to his feet, his usual grace now gone. His leg had a heavy bandage and Azul snarled at the sudden pain but quickly snatched up his two blasters and glove with a knife that could easily be accessed by a flick of his wrist. The blasters hooked to his belt with ease and Azul gave the other captain a cool gaze.

"How desperate are you to require our help, captain?"

@Miss Ditzy

- Liam King -

"Mech Hangar"​

Liam followed Bryn to the deck where all his men were assembled and ready to perform the sweep. He showed them the playback footage of what the intruder could do and briefed them on checking corners and having eyes in every direction all the time, especially behind the squad, then he handed over direct command of the strike teams to the captain.

@Miss Ditzy

He swiftly made his way to the Mech hangar where his siege mech, Titan, was being prepped by engineers. Liam leaped into the cockpit while trying to establish communications with Terra, but to no avail. And so he contacted some old friends from the Mars military through an encrypted line.

"This is Liam King, clearance code: 8BravoZuluAlpha44, requesting intel on neutralizing a cloaked Yautja vessel." he said as he did some pre-launch checks. His systems went online as he finished establishing the neural link to his mech.

"Clearance code confirmed." said a cool female voice. Liam waited for a few seconds as the titan slid down to a launch pad. "Lock on to the ship's magnetic signature, then launch tracking torpedoes. End transmission."

The launch pad's gears clunk into place, then the Titan was hurled into space. Liam relished the feeling, it's been a while since he flew on a combat mission. He relayed the instructions to control that fired four grey missiles with blue thrusters. They wove through space before curving and exploding on an unseen something, and the Yautja's ship flickered in and out of sight.

@Lord Anubis

Halkrath Bhu'ja was looking over from the ceiling of the main generator room. He had scanned everything and determined a few well placed shots in the generators main reaction modual. There were 6 engineers in the room that needed to be dealt with. One by one he pulled them into the shadows killing them. After a few minutes he had skinned them hanging them from the railing of the ceiling.

predator022.jpg

latest

He stood in front of the generator targeting the main reaction modual of the generator. It was after a few moments he fired a barage of 4 max xharged plasma bolts into the generator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back