• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Mismatched Heroes of The Odyssey (Now Accepting)

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

The young man called King laughed. "Master is too high a praise, " he told Katya, humbly. "There are a lot of things I can't do, and better soldiers with more achievements under their belts."

@JustCallMeAimee

He glanced at his captain who looked annoyed. As much as he admired her leadership and prowess on the battlefield, he still wasn't fond of hearing her yell. Actually, he didn't like angry yelling women in general, they had such a high pitched voice that was irritating to the ear. And he's had his fill of those.

Ah, wouldn't his enemies love to know that threatening to give his real address to all the women he's made cry would suffice to make him surrender his will to a great degree.

Still keeping a candid smile, Liam King saluted. "I'll be out and about the ship if you need me, captain." he said respectfully. And with that, dismissed himself from the group and took his coffee from the guard on the catwalk. It was already cold.

@Miss Ditzy

"Thank you, Collins." said Liam, taking a sip. It still tasted good. He turned his back to the prisoners and the group, and spoke quietly out of earshot. "Take six men, tell one of them to man the lights here on the second floor. You and the rest, distribute night vision goggles to all the soldiers in the prisoners area in half an hour and tell the technicians to link the security cameras to my tablet . . . If anything happens, cut the lights, sound the alarm, seal all doors, and shoot them."

"Yes, sir!" and off the soldier went.

Liam made his way to his room. A very clean and Spartan space, with barely any personal effects except for a collection of jazzy vinyl records and an old phonograph, and six happy bonsai plants under a sun lamp.

He opened a secret compartment where he took out his assault suit, odachi that could mechanically shift into a suppressed sniper rifle, his riot shotgun, then donned and strapped them all.

The assault suit was a standard military grade combat suit, lightly armored and easy to move in. It was customized with noise dampening soles that muffled his footsteps so that only mice could hear him move. He wasn't taking any chances and luck favors the prepared.

Liam spent the rest of the day patrolling the ship, avoiding the prisoners area since he didn't like showing his enemies his gear, and organizing the soldiers under his command. Every now and then he would look at the security feed of the prisoners on his tablet, just to check that all was well before moving on.

Bryn stayed in the prisoner's area a few minutes longer after Liam had left. Her instincts were telling her something was extremely wrong, but she couldn't tell what. Maybe it was just her condition getting the best of her senses. Her heart had been pounding so hard she could hear it ever since the prisoners had been loaded onto the ship, and she thought seeing them vulnerable and chained up would give her some sense of security.

Giving one last glare at the prisoners, Bryn turned and made her way to the door. "Do not hesitate to take them out if they try anything, even if it is Peace Day." she said to the guards "Any repercussions that may come later I will deal with personally. I leave it to you." And with that she closed the door behind her.

Bryn hadn't even taken another step before she fell back and and leaned herself against the heavy metal door. She slowly steadied her breath but still felt herself in a cold sweat. She heard the sounds of muffled gunfire followed by an explosion in distance. She told herself it wasn't real and snapped herself back into reality. She stood up and walked back to the control deck to monitor the rest of the ship's flight.

Noma walked forward a little, within a couple feet of the bars.

"BACK!" A soldier barked. She gave him a smile and raised her hands. For a moment she looked the men over. A couple of them blinked as her fake smile passed them by. Fingers tightened on triggers. She let the tension build for a moment more before declaring.

"I need to use the bathroom."

"Do it in the corner" The same man spat the words out.

" 'Not very civilized" She teased, "Some would say its how we treat our prisoners that truly describes our.."

"Shut up and get back" Another soldier shouted. He took a step toward the bars. Noma took a step back. It was not the best argument anyway. If not the entire crew, Azul and Noma definitely had a bad track record for the treatment of prisoners. Not that they took any, and if they did, they were never kept for long.

"I'll go later" Noma conceded.

Noma lay down on her back, head toward the entrance to their cage. She arched her back and stretched her legs upward, waving them slowly back and forth. She checked to make sure the soldiers were still watching her. From her new position, Noma spied Marian's feline form watching them from above.

"Here, Kitty-kitty" Noma chimed at the cat-being. Behind her, Azul and Jackson were planing something but no one was paying them any real attention.

@BlueBeauty

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Bryn had left them with the guards Kat moved back and over to her captain and Jackson, she sat down besides the two and watched quietly as the planned. Kat hadn't mentioned it but she was sure Azul would point out the fact she had metal instead of arms and could easily aid in the braking of cuffs. The Russian pulled one of her knees up resting her chin on it. Tutting under her breath she looked at Jackson, "can't you talk quieter?" She asked joking with him quietly.

@Void Elemental @Coal

"We can't just break out or break the cuffs now. It's too early. We might have to wait a few days, lay low, etc. We can't just go ahead." Azul caught Kat's eyes and gave her a small shake of the head. He knew what she was thinking and it wouldn't work. "Be patient. That's probably my first and last time saying that." He laughed loudly, ignoring the stares of the guards and focused on Noma.

Hearing they had to go to the bathroom in the corner made his mood darken. OK, maybe patience wasn't the key.

"Or..we could break out and immediately go for the crates of weapons and gear. They might even have our stuff in there. Then we kill all the guards and torture the fleet before killing them and go back to our plundering."

There were four guards a little ways from the cage. Every once in a while they would then to look at the prisoners, but they eventually stopped. It was a boring job and they were being reckless.

Azul surveyed the corners of the cage carefully, finally finding what he wanted. He abruptly stood up, causing the guards to look at him.

"I'm not sure why you're looking at me. You said go to the bathroom in the corner, and that's what I'm doing."

The guards made faces of disgust and turned away, and Azul strode over to the far left corner.

He saw the red flicker and let the metal handcuffs slide as far up as they go before putting his hands together, holding them in place. The ceiling was a but far up, but he could manage. He then jumped and swung the at the small camera, the metal smashing into it. Glass punctured his right hand but he ignored it as he landed on the pads of his feet.

The guards weren't exactly familiar with the layout of the ship especially the cameras, so they weren't sure what just happened as they heard the noise and turned around to see Azul, who had immediately sank into a crouch and started laughing llike he was a maniac.

"He's insane, probably injured himself with something. Don't get too close to the cage."

Azul continued his craze laughing for a few moments before letting it fade and scooting near the group.

"The camera is out, and we have a few moments before someone most likely comes down here to kill us. Jackson, get us out of these handcuffs. Kat, you can get out quickly so as soon as you do, quietly pry open the bars and take the guards out. I know you can take out four puny guards. Then go for the crates of weapons. Jackson, the control panel is somewhere on this floor, and you can access it. I'll go with you and cover for you. Noma, secure this room. We need these weapons. Now let's go!" His voice was deadly low, but he was smiling.

He looked up to see the cat-woman and gave her a toothy grin as if challenging her.

@Ironrot @JustCallMeAimee @Void Elemental @BlueBeauty

Her eyes widened in alarm, her pupils narrowed into slits as she lept into action. She hopped up on the metal bar and lept off, landing gracfully on her back paws, using only one of her front paws to keep her balance as she stood up. She walked from behind the guards to the cage. "Azul, the leader of this pirate band is in a state of physcosis. And if he has hurt himself I could take a look." Her voice was completely calm but her eyes old differently from her serene facade. Her eyes locked on azul, the rest of his crew were still in her advanced sight as well but her eyes were mainly focused on him. It took nearly all her energy to not go into hiss and growl mode right now.

Azul growled at the cat lady when she approached. Of course she'd waste his precious time. It would be ironic for her to fix his hand only to see him get shot moments later.

"Of course. Please have a look at my hand, it hurts so. Just open the door." He laughed again, though he scooted closer to Jackson and ddiscreetly nudged him. They needed to either hurry up or work something else out.

"That would be a foolish action, I could observe from the bars." She stated, her ears slightly twitching at every sound other than the engine. She whispered to a guard quietly. "Alert Captain Bryn and Liam something is wrong, and that a camera has been taken down." She continued and crouched a few inches from the cage.

Katya glanced at her captain and then stood up, slowly she moved closer to the bars, standing between Azul and the cat, she crouched infront of her abs smiled. "Is it fun, playing doctor?" The Russian whispered to her, "why are you here? You don't care so why help my captain?" She quizzed the woman in a half interested manner and leant on her head observing the woman. Kat didn't really care much fur pleasantries but if she could act as a distraction to the guards with how close she was to the doctor then that was reason enough to chat with that cat.

@BlueBeauty

"I am a doctor. And why should I not? Being a doctor means to help those in need no matter how lost they are." She gave a calm smile, her tail curled elgantly behind her. She took note of the robotical build of the woman, thnking back to what she got on the medical records in case something went down. She ran through her 'Dangerous Patient' training in her head, remembering to act and remain calm, showing fear could provoke the situation.

BlueBeauty said:
"I am a doctor. And why should I not? Being a doctor means to help those in need no matter how lost they are." She gave a calm smile, her tail curled elgantly behind her. She took note of the robotical build of the woman, thnking back to what she got on the medical records in case something went down. She ran through her 'Dangerous Patient' training in her head, remembering to act and remain calm, showing fear could provoke the situation.
Kat laughed suddenly and shook her head staring at the cat with glassy eyes, one didn't seem to be completely focused on her like the other was,she grinned, "we're not lost." The mechanical eye worked like a camera and data file, currently she was taking snaps of everything around them, including the doctor. "We are no lost cause or charity case, we know what we've done wrong and most of us hold little of any remorse," she leant on her palm eyes properly focused on other woman now.

She sat back in a relaxed position, her tail beginning to swish from side to side lazily. "I meant his sanity but it's good that you know the difference from right and wrong." She said, her expression remained serene and neutral.

While everyone was talking up, and distracting the guards, Jacks took the laser from his arm once again, acting as casual as he could, making a small incision into where the cuffs came together, it made it so he could easily separate them at any time. He didn't make it overly obvious as he then walked up to Azul. "Well if she ain't gonna help you, maybe I could." Jackson smiled. "I've been known to do a little patchin' in my time." Jackson in fact was awful at medicine, but he just needed his captain's wrists, so he could make the incision.

She looked at Jackson, her pupils slightly shrinking from a circle to a slit. "No that's alright. I can." Her fur began to stand up a little bit and she held back a warning growl. her tail stopped moving and stayed still. Her crouch tensed up, beginning to form into a defensive stance. 'Come on, where are you?' She thought, wondering where the hell Liam and Bryn were. She was a good doctor, but not very experienced in these types of situations, well not alone. She was afraid, though she could defend herself and others if needed but usually it's never come to that. Her calm facade remained, hiding her fear deep inside.

Azul looked deep into the cat woman's eyes as if silently evaluating. The entire time she talked with Kat he did this. Her disposition was calm, but he could tell her emotions from her eyes easily. He liked her. Jackson came over and Azul knew immediately what he was up to. Perfect. Azul got to his feet and turned towards Jackson, his back to the cat woman.

"Yes, I'm afraid it's badly wounded, I'm so silly you know?" Azul smiled at him as he held out his hands. The pain was nothing, more like a dull thud. It was a simple coping defense to pain. Simply ignore it and focus on something else.

Like getting free.

Azul saw the small laser in Jackson's hand and moved to where he blocked Jackson's hands form being seen. He got the laser and set to work. In a few moments each cuff was separated and Azul flexed his arms.

"Thanks for getting the glass out Jackson."

Azul removed the longest shard of glass, admiring the sharpness of it. Purrfect.

In a quick second he darted towards the front of the cage and his left hand grabbed the cat woman by the shirt and his other arm went through the bars so that the sharpened piece of glass was pressed against her neck.

"Don't shoot or shes's dead." Azul said in a menacing tone.

"I'm sorry Doc..but I'm trying to get to my family. I'm their only way of survival. You may not like what I do but it helps them." He dropped his smile, trying to look as somber as possible. He was good at lying, but this nearly made him burst out into a fit of giggles. Hey, she said pirates had no morals, so he was giving them to her.

"Open the cage." Azul snapped.

"We can't. It can only be opened by the captain." The guard said, his gun cocked unsteadily.

"Kat, pry open the bars please."

I can change the outcome, like your character got away etc If you don't like it. I'm just trying to bust out this cage to get back with my family :( xD @BlueBeauty

She growled, shooting out her arm quickly and pressing a certain part on Azul's arm that was holding the glass. Suddenly his arm felt numb and fell limp. Her claws extended from her paws as she clawed at his other arm. "Sound the alarm!" She ordered a guard. The guard pressed the emergency button as she pulled out her blaster pistol and aimed at Katya stepping a little away from the bars.

While attention was on Azul, Jacks went over to Noma, releasing her from the restraints, being less inclined to hide the fact that he was using his small laser form his sleeve. Seeing Azul's grip on the cat lady drop, Jackson glared over to her, then walked over to the Azul's side, placing the laser in his hand, subtly as he lifted one arm around him, while speaking to the cat woman. "Hey, look, Azul was just playin' around, obviously we don't intend on gettin' free or nuthin'," Jacks smiled playfully. "we just like playin around, you know, pirate games and whatnot, ain't no reason to start pointin' guns around." He looked to Azul, "Right, capn'?"

A growl rose from her throat. "It's very difficult to believe you." She kept her aim on them, her paw steady and her eyes locked on the pirates. "Besides, your captain is fine. His arm is temporarily paralyzed. But anymore mischief I can make them permanent." She threatened, her tone cold and her expression hard.

- Liam King -

"Patrolling Hallways"​

At Marian's cry, the guards immediately put into action Liam's orders. Many things happened at once: the lights went out, and in the dark the soldiers yelled, "Sideways roll, doctor!" before they opened fire at the pirates with SMGs loaded with electrified stunning rounds. The flashes of the guns illuminated the soldiers, night vision goggles on.

"Hurry, doctor!" called a soldier, confident that Marian, being part feline could see in the dark and notice him waving at her from the metal door that was slowly closing.

Meanwhile, Liam was sprinting towards the prison with twelve of his men, his shotgun out and armed with stunning rounds. All of them had been organized earlier, and as they passed the hallways, one of them changed the physical and digital maps of the ship giving misleading directions to an exit that led to a dead end where an ambush was waiting. The rest of the soldiers were arranged in such a way that they could use the hallways as a choke point.

"Captain, the prisoners are trying to escape." reported Liam through his comms. "Heading to prisoner's area now. All units, go into combat alert!"

@Miss Ditzy, @Coal, @BlueBeauty

Marian acted quickly, as soon as the lights went out she ran to the stairwell and used the bars to acrobatically jump to the top. She ran to the door and slid under it just in time. She gasped and sighed in relief, the andrenaline leaving her to the fear she had felt earlier. She leaned against the wall and breathed, calming herself down.

At the sound of the alarm, Bryn reacted immediately. Sprinting down the hallway, she pulled out one of her two revolvers and loaded it within 2 seconds.She continued onward towards the prisoner's area in the underbelly.

"Roger." She responded to Liam, "Meeting you down there now. Do hesitate to eliminate them when necessary."

Bryn eventually caught up with Liam and his patrol and took the lead next to him.

"We cannot afford to let them get to the weapons inside those crates." She said, "We will have to engage before they are given the opportunity."

- Liam King -

"Prisoner's Area"​

"Yes, ma'am!" roared Liam and the twelve running soldiers who were pumped up and eager for battle, and he handed her a pair of night vision goggles. Army men may not admit it out loud, since they didn't like being protected by women, but they were relieved that the captain was with their unit.

Three soldiers and Liam were currently armed with stunning shotguns, one had a riot shield and a shock rod, and the rest had stunning SMGs.

@Miss Ditzy

"Hell no. I am the most feared Pirate in the damn Milky Way, and I refuse to be held like some mongrel in a cage!" Blood was rolling down his left arm as well as his right but his focus bore down on the cat. Jackson pressed the laser in his hand and he wasted no time aiming it at the closest guard, right in the forehead. The laser didn't go too far but the guard dropped dead. He managed to hit one other guard but the cat was too far out.

"Go shoot me. I hope you have nightmares about the time you killed a man."

The lights went out and the cat was gone. He barely had time to react before bullets were fired. One hit his arm which gave it the jolt it needs to work. He rolled and began working on the cage, cutting a hole in the bars and slipping through. A gfuard yelled and shot him in the chest. Azul dropped the laser but got back up on his feet and lunged at the soldier, smashing his fist into his nose and grabbing the gun, knocking him out before sending a bullet into the other man's head. His body felt it was burning and he saw black spots, but he stalked over to the crates and began tearing them open and tossed them on the ground.

Her ears twitched at the sound of gunfire and yelling, along with another noise. She jumped into a position, useing the corner as cover and aiming at the door with her pistol. Her heart was pounding and her fur was standing up. "Why the hell would we be stupid enough to leave the weapons crates by the prisoners!" She said frusterated, her pupils slitted and in a fighting stance.

Bryn took the night vision goggles and positioned herself just outside the doorway.

"I was told that we only needed to ship the damn weapons until the Supreme Court decided to hold their little trial today! I don't know who gave them that bright idea!" She responded to the voice Marian over the sounds of the gunfire.

Bryn was never the kind of fighter to hide behind a large barricade and shoot. Though she did carry a shield, she always faced opponents head on. She spotted the pirate captain and prepared herself to charge. She didn't know if it was smart to go at a man like him head on, but she was the captain of the ship. This time, she had to defend it at all costs or die trying.

She ran at him, her enhanced speed gave her even more force to her attack. She activate her shield last second right before collision so he couldn't see what was coming. On activation, shield glowed a dim green right before Azul before colliding with him at full force.

@BlueBeauty @Coal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back