• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Messengers of Our Lord (CLOSED)

Characters
Here
Raider Thomas

Shit was going to hell in a hand-basket real quick, but they had been in this situation before and got out of it! At least that was the thought that Raider kept thinking, trying to remain brave in the situation but with each passing second his bravery wavered more and more. Edward and Talia were still passed out, at least he was hoping they were passed out and not dead. They appeared to be breathing but who fucking knew at this point. Izabel and Lucas were missing. Patrick and Marnie both had the shit beat out of them and Daphne was being confronted with the man that manipulated her for five years of her fucking life!

"Hey don't touch her!' Raider growled as the pastor put his foot on Daphne's chest and went to jump up, the man with the gun pointing it at him once again. "Ok okay, let's just all stay calm." He put his hands in the air, hoping to slow down the situation but then he heard Patrick's yelling and his eyes darted over to the scene before them... Raider had seen a lot of people die, friends, coworkers, civilians... but this group of people were so connected by this fucked up situation that watching any one of them get hurt was like watching your family die.

Anger started to bubble in his chest and Raider jumped forward, tackling the man with the gun to the ground before pulling the gun from his hands and shooting him twice in the forehead. He didn't stop and turned the gun on the pastor, placing the barrel against the nape of his neck before grabbing his arm and pulling him roughly away from Daphne. "The only thing keeping me from shooting you through the spinal cord right now is that I don't want to get blood on the pretty lady you chose to step on. So I would listen to me and back the fuck up. I don't know what the fuck you people are but I'm pretty sure a bullet to the brain will kill almost anyone."

Once he was able to get the pastor a few feet away from Daphne, Raider spoke again. "Daphne if you're okay, get over to Edward and check on him, I could use some help here."

Lucas

Lucas couldn't help but laugh, "Well I am sorry to have offended you Izabel." He moved closer to where she was trying to open the lock and watched her intently as she worked, it didn't take her long and he took note to remember to ask her how to do what she did as well as how she learned to do something like that. "I yes - Izabel- IZABEL. I'm fine. I'm okay." Her questions all came so quick and he barely got an answer out before she wrapped her hand around his and began making their way back towards the stairs.

Izabel said the car was about an hour away, that should be fairly easy but there must have still been people lingering about outside. "Right, once we're outside I want you to book it though and just trust that I will be behind you as soon as I can be okay? Don't look back for me." Honestly Lucas had an idea here and it was going to be to attempt to use his demon powers, but he didn't want her to see that.

However it seems like that option went out the window the moment that the door to the basement opened and Izabel's hand was yanked from his. At first Lucas had thought she had listened to him and started running but he quickly realized that wasn't the case when he heard the other voice. "H-hey!" Lucas stumbled up the rest of the stairs and found Izabel pinned to the wall by her husband and Lucas grabbed onto the guys arm, trying to pull him away. "Knock it off!" Lucas tried a few times and was constantly tossed away and dropped on his ass. Eventually the adrenaline and anger got to be too much and his veins started to feel like they did back at the mall..

Lucas felt like every single nerve in his body was on fire when he stood up again from the ground, horns popped from his forehead and his eyes went red. "I think you fucking heard me dude. Let. Her. Go." He smirked as he reached forward again and grabbed the man by both shoulders, yanking him away from Izabel so easily like he was made of paper and shoving him to the ground away from them both. "So, ready to take care of me now big guy?"

Daphne Harrison

Call it the years of torture, the constantly facing death; call it what you want. Daphne couldn't feel anything when Marnie got stabbed. Everything went numb, like her body was too afraid to feel anything for it'd be too much. Marnie was her best friend, she was a sister to her. Suddenly two gun shots rang out and Raider was standing next to her with the gun against the Pastor. "Raider...?" The relief of the foot off of her chest was a slight relief, though she was thankful she was numb. The Pastor had broken several of Daphne's ribs, even caused some internal bleeding.

"M-Mm, yeah. Sure." As Daphne stumbled to her feet she held her abdomen to stable herself. Daphne slowly made her way across the room to her brother and Talia, her pretty blue eyes never leaving Marnie's limp body. How was she going to go on without her best friend? Marnie would never be able to see her dreams come true. How could everything have been robbed from her at such a young age?

Daphne's feet froze when something sharp stabbed her in the back with a similar sacrificial blade. Blood poured from her mouth as she fell to her knees, her hand managing to grab the keys hanging on Mrs. O'Connor's waist. This wasn't going to be how it ended. Raider, Eddie, Talia, and Patrick. They all needed to run as far away as they could. With the last of her strength she threw the key at Edward, her long lashes closing over her eyes as she started to fall asleep.

As soon as hers eyes shut she could hear that same voice as before. This time there wasn't even a light. There was only darkness and the voice she could barely hear.

Izabel Santos

The grip around her throat was abnormally strong, it made her drown out everything as she struggled to breath. Unfortunately no air was entering her lungs and she felt like she was suffocating, her face was even started to turn a shade of blue. Through the suffocation she could hear Lucas struggling to get her husband off of her. It didn't seem like it was working, her world started to go black.

Suddenly Izabel dropped to the wood floor of the church and started coughing and gasping for air. The strong hands were gone and left the beginnings of a dark bruise. After a moment of struggling to catch her breath she looked up to see Lucas. Only, this Lucas had red eyes and horns coming from his forehead. Izabel looked around the room, this time she couldn't see Lucas's mom. This must have been a set up of from the start of this. "Lucas, we have to go." Her pretty accented voice wavered as she spoke, her voice damaged by being strangled for so long. Izabel stumbled to her feet and gently took Lucas's hand like she did time and time before, giving the extremely warm hand a squeeze.

"He's not worth it, don't sink to his level. We've got people we've got to save." Izabel wasn't quite sure what to do in this situation. Yes, Lucas was clearly something she had no clue about, but he was still Lucas. He had a good caring heart and she knew he'd want to help his friends too.

Patrick O'Connor

Marnie only made more tears spill out his big green eyes, his hand giving her a tight squeeze as she fell limp. She was too young, they had so much things left to do together. He didn't want to say goodbye to her! The blood from Marnie spilled out and onto Patrick, the sacrificial blood restoring his powers. He couldn't help but smile slightly at the irony. "This is what you wanted right mother? My powers to be restored again?" What was the point of living if he couldn't have done it with someone he cared so deeply for?

Gently Patrick laid Marnie's body on the ground. All of Patrick's wounds closed and he hovered his hands over Marnie. All the power he had in his body focused on not healing Marnie, but reviving her. And, more often than not, the price for a life was a life. Patrick chanted quietly in Latin when his mother moved to stab Daphne. Patrick only had one shot at this, there were no do-overs. Raider would save Daphne, Patrick had to save Marnie.

When the chant was complete he pulled the knife from Marnie's heart before slicing his own palm. Power burst from his hand and jumped into Marnie's wound to mend it. As soon as the wound in her chest disappeared Patrick became gray and lifeless, his body collapsing next to Marnie's.

When his eyes closed he opened them only to find he was standing in a bright, blinding light. Sacrificing ones eternal life for a mortals life is a very honorable thing of you to do. You were chosen for a reason Patrick, your whole life has been a test up until this moment. You have passed.

All Patrick's life he heard the whispers of ancient Latin. This voice, this language, it was different. It felt far more powerful than the God he had spoken to for years. "Will Marnie be okay?" That was all he cared about, not whether he passed or failed some test.

Edward Harrison

When Edward returned to his room to pack his bag he was met with a blow to the head. With this being the second time in a month it rattled him a little more than the first one. Consciousness was touch and go there for a while, he wasn't able to stay awake. Through the screaming, gunshots and fighting he couldn't open his eyes. However, when the key smacked him in the face his eyes flinched open.

Moving was a struggle at first. Adrenaline, the hangover, the pain. It was all combating him as he picked up the key and looked around the room. What he found made him want to be sick. Marnie and Patrick laid deadly still side by side, Raider was fighting the Pastor alone, and his sister... Edward quickly unlocked his and Talia's chains and gently shook Talia. "Talia? We've got to go, wake up." He checked her pulse to make sure she was okay before moving to his sister. She was still breathing, and Edward felt like he was going to vomit.

All he could do was put pressure on the wound and pray she didn't bleed out. Edward didn't have the skill to save her life. It seemed as Patrick laid still his mother and the others retreated, disappearing without a trace. "We need help, someone call an ambulance." Edward felt a large lump in his throat form as he forced out the words. What happened while they were out? Why was there so much blood spilling from everyone? Edward just got his sister back, he wasn't ready to lose her or anyone else.

Marnie Harris

The river before Marnie morphed into images of her old life, her parents, meeting Daphne, college, her friends... the cult. Meeting the others. Meeting Patrick. Marnie was smiling to herself as tears began to collect in her eyes. She would miss all this but if it meant the others were safe she was okay with this outcome, not that she really had a choice she supposed. Suddenly the scene on the water went dark and changed to the basement. Only this time she was already dead and staring at the scene of Raider fighting with the pastor and Patrick laying over her own body as he yelled at his mother. At first she was confused about what he was doing but when he cut his hand she gasped, jumping up to her feet as his body dropped with a thud and the images went dark once more.

"No, wait! What happened?!" Marnie turned fircely towards the angel who had been standing behind her as she wiped tears from her eyes as the angel opened her mind to speak.

"Marnie dear, it seems things have changed a little and I need to speak to you about what he has planned for you." He? Who was he? Did she mean God? "He has always kept an eye on Patrick, hoping the boy would learn his true destiny but it was so hit or miss until you and the others came into play. Patrick sacrificed himself for you, he knew what would happen if he used the last of his powers to heal you but did it anyways. He proved himself, but also proved that he needed you. You will get your life back Marnie but you will not be the same woman, and it will not be without sacrifice of your own."

"When you return you will have powers of your own and all the knowledge you need to use them. You will be a warrior Marnie, a guardian angel. But you will lose some of yourself. The memories of the last five years are too traumatic for your soul to survive returning to your body and we will have to return you without them."

Suddenly it all clicked. She wouldn't remember the cult... which was great but, she also wouldn't remember Talia or Izabel, she wouldnt remember Raider or Lucas and she wouldn't remember Patrick. She wouldn't remember the stupid questions or the night of the storm, she wouldn't remember the ravens or the t-shirt. That hurt a little... "I-Is he going to be okay then too? If I do this, will he be okay?" Marnie swallowed hard as the angel nodded and she let out a heavy sigh.

"Would you like to see him?"
Marnie's face lit up as she nodded aggresively, the scene around her changing again and suddenly she was in a very bright room? Space? She really didn't know what to call it.

"P-Patrick?" Once her eyes adjusted she was finally able to make out the outline of his figure before running at him full speed and nearly tackling him in a hug. "You IDIOT!"

Raider Thomas

It was taking everything in him not to just shoot this bastard in the back of the head but the pastor was a higher up in the cult community, if they could take him in alive for questioning it would be most beneficial to them. Raider had no clue what was happening behind him but in the room he watched with a scowl as the remaining cult members and Patrick's mother all went up the stairs and made a run for it. Thankfully he still had the pastor in a tight grasp. However when Edward started talking about an ambulance it got his attention and he turned slightly, his grip loosening when he saw Daphne's body and all the blood. The pastor took advantage and yanked himself free from Raider's grip and ran out of the room as well. He attempted to get a shot on him but missed every time, holstering his gun and groaning. "Fuck."

Raider didn't waste anymore time though and turned, joining Edward where he was kneeling and swallowing hard. "R-Right." Raider stood and ran upstairs, stumbling slightly as he searched for one of the hidden phones in the house. Finally he found one in the living room and called 911 as he made his way back downstairs, he reported it and hung up before calling for his team as well, requesting back up head to the house for added protection to the hospital as well as wherever the remaining few would be housed for now.

Once done with the phone call he rejoined Edward and brushed some hair from Daphne's face before squeezing Edward's shoulder. "They're on the way. They'll be here soon... then the team." He glanced up at the bodies in the middle of the room and let out an angry scoff, this wasn't supposed to end this way.

talia

Talia was stuck in a nightmare as she slept, just constantly repeating the day of the sacrifice in the cult. Only this time they were all set to die and there was no one on their side. Every time they were killed she would wake back up in her bed. At first Talia thought that this must be hell but finally she woke up and was met with the vision of the basement ceiling. That was when she learned that her real life was the real hell. Slowly she pushed herself off the ground and let out a small cry as her head moved, the pain nearly too much to handle. "What happened now?" She sighed before finally looking around the room and letting out a small scream and scrambling back towards the wall until her back hit the concrete with a thud.

"A-Are they dead?!" Talia whimpered and hugged her knees to her chest as Raider returned and let them know he had called 911. This was all too fucking much. "W-Wait did those people find us?" No. Fuck this. Izabel and Lucas had the right idea. Staying together under one roof was a giant target. Talia stood and silently prayed for her friends before walking wordlessly to the stairs and heading to her room to gather some clothes. When the first responders arrived she would DEMAND to be taken to a hotel and then find a way to call her boss so they would get her out of this fucking mess.

Lucas

Everything in his body was screaming at him to kill this man, to end his life here without a second thought but human Lucas was in his brain begging his other side to stop. That they were okay now and they could get away safely without killing anyone. He never wanted to hurt anyone, that wasn't him. Lucas would have to learn how to make his two sides live in harmony but for now they were fighting it out for dominance as he stood over the frightened male. Thankfully Izabel spoke softly and took his hand, instantly pulling him from the brink.

"R-Right. Let's go." In one swift motion Lucas pulled Izabel up onto his back before he started quickly moving outside and into the heavy cover of the treeline. "Just direct me okay?"

After they were a while away from the church Lucas finally slowed down and let out a heavy sigh as his horns retreated and his eyes returned to normal. "So I guess you're pretty terrified huh?"

Daphne Harrison

Daphne was finally able to open her eyes, though all she could see was darkness. Her hands felt cold and she could feel something sharp in her back, and then things began to make sense. "I'm dead again. Why's there no light this time?" Daphne turned around in the darkness to try to look for something. "You're not meant for the light, my dear. Not anymore." The voice sent shivers across Daphne's whole body. It was familiar in the most worst ways. "If I'm dead I'm dead, quit fucking taunting me." Daphne frowned harshly and crossed her arms as the voice chuckled darkly. "Now now, settle. You have two options in front of you today. You join me in Hell, live out the rest of eternity in my kingdom. Be a queen. Or, stay on earth for the rest of eternity. Become Death incarnate, become my horseman. Gain the power over life and death."

Those were her options? "I'll stay on earth, no way in Hell I'm joining you in Hell. What are you waiting for? Send me back." The voice chuckled again and this time Daphne couldn't help but to feel irritated. "Ah, I thought you'd prefer that option. I wasn't even going to offer it, but the spawn wanted you to watch the downfall of humanity. Choose this and you're agreeing to forgo your memories. Your brother, your friends. The one called Raider." A cloud formed before her, and in that cloud she could see her, Raider, and Edward in the basement. Edward and Raider were next to her nearly lifeless body, Raider's fingertips brushing against her forehead. Daphne couldn't help but to touch her forehead, as she felt the touch.

She wouldn't remember any of them? Daphne wasn't ready to leave, she still had so many things she wanted to say and do. "I'll be your horseman. You're taking my memories but I'll still be there with them. And...I believe in my friends." The clouds faded before her and the voice chuckled one last time. "Yes, have faith in your friends. It takes time for your transformation, I'll let you keep your memories until you're ready to do your duties. You will be a new person after your memories are gone, will you be able to have faith in yourself? Being a the horseman of Death is a heavy burden to bare. Until next time, my dear."

When Daphne's eyes opened once more she felt the pain in her back go numb. The light of the basement was bright, she could barely make out the two shapes next to her. "Eddie? Raider?" She had so much she wanted to tell them but she felt so tired. "I'm sorry..." The paramedics came into the basement and put on her a stretcher, her hand weakly reaching for them as she passed out again.

Izabel Santos

When Lucas backed away and pulled her onto his back she let out a sigh of relief. Izabel wasn't scared of him, not by any means. It actually made sense! It just shocked her to fine out. Her hands gently held onto his shoulders as they made their way to the car. Suddenly his horns were fading and his eyes went back to normal, a small smile forming on her face. "Terrified? As if. I don't know why you think so little of me. Horns or not you're still the same Lucas on the inside, right? Besides, I like the horns. They're cool."

When they got back to the car Izabel ruffled Lucas's hair before hopping in the car and driving back to the house.

One month later

Things did not go pleasantly for anyone over the next month. Daphne had been slipping in and out of a coma after the attack, she had been asleep for last two weeks. The doctors said they didn't know why she was still alive and that all they could do was take it day by day. It would have been a lot easier to deal with if their group was together...unfortunately everyone was different. Marnie had no memory from the past five years, she was a different person. Talia had locked herself up in her room and wouldn't even let Izabel in! Edward was always gone, Raider was never around. Patrick was different and always on some solo adventure avoiding the lot of them. They never even answered her text messages! Lucas was her only constant in that hotel.

Then there was the things on the news that had Izabel even more concerned. Disease and plagues, famine, war, it was breaking out all over the world. It was utter chaos. Izabel had taken up cooking for her and Lucas. Well, if you could call it cooking. Her makeshift kitchen consisted of a george foreman, a hotplate, and the mini-fridge that froze everything. She wasn't great like Daphne but Izabel just wanted everyone to have a meal together. Some of them showed up for a one every so often but it was never like when Daphne was around. It was all so sad.

Lately Izabel had been seeing more news about a plague getting closer to her home country. It made her nervous but she was powerless to change anything happening. She flipped the television off as she finished getting ready for the day. Jeans, hoodie, and a ponytail has been her go to outfit this past month. Quickly she grabbed the card to the room, some granola bars, and two waters she walked out of the small motel room. The motel was in the heart of the giant city, but it was right around the corner from the hospital. It was constantly noisy, cramped, and not homey at all.

"Lucas? You up?" Izabel knocked on the door next to hers with a small smile. "I brought breakfast."

Edward Harrison

After the basement everything changed. Patrick and Marnie came back to life. Marnie didn't remember anyone but Daphne. Patrick? He shut everyone when he woke up. His sister was in the hospital and it was touch and go if she'd make it. Talia said she needed some space after everything and Edward couldn't blame her. All he could do was text her every day to check in to see if he could do anything for her or get her anything. Not that he was doing much for himself. Edward had been skipping meals and not sleeping enough. He was back and forth between the motel and the hospital, but when he wasn't at the hospital he was investigating and making calls. The cult had to be somewhere and he was going to hunt the fuckers down.

Morning. Need anything? I'm at the hospital to check on Daphne, I'll be headed back soon. Let me know if you want to have lunch, I can pick something up on the way back. As Edward walked into the room he blinked a couple times to see Daphne talking to a nurse. "Daphne?" He grinned widely and went in and gave her a tight hug, though he paused when the nurse stopped him. "What-excuse you." He glared as she pulled him out into the hallway to talk to him.

Apparently his sister had total amnesia and was insisting she needed to leave. He was given a minute to process everything, so she quickly shot a text to Raider. Daphne's awake. She's already arguing and trying to leave. They said she's abnormally strong for someone down for so long, they're suggesting we take her home. All her tests are coming back fine. Think we should bring her with us? He left the amnesia part out of the conversation, not sure how to tell everyone about it yet.

Patrick O'Connor

Before his question was answered he appeared in a bright room. He didn't need to look around, he could immediately see Marnie. A bright smile lit up his face as he caught her and gave her the biggest, tightest hug he could. "Marnie! I'm so glad you're okay. You're okay right?" He held her at arms length and looked her over. He couldn't help but grin like an idiot down at her. Before he could get anything out he could see his hands starting to fade. "I'll see you on the other side Marnie." He kissed the top of her head before he fully disappeared from the room. New powers, new God, same Marnie by his side.

Only, it wasn't the same Marnie. She had no memory of him or anyone. It...it broke Patrick's heart. Was this what God had intended? To taunt him with the woman he had feelings for? Patrick wanted to be there for Marnie, but with everything happening in the world? He had a job to be doing. This God had expectations for him, and as much as Patrick wanted to disobey, he had to be out there.

Over the next month Patrick had been extremely busy and hardly had a minute to spend at the motel. Between investigating rage crazed murders, mysterious illness and deaths, and people starving to death suddenly he was overworked. Hunting down the cult in between all those things? He was drowning, and he didn't have his best friend at his side. Daphne was in a coma and he avoided everyone, including Marnie. What could he say to her? 'Hi, I healed you while you were being tortured. I made friends with you when you were brainwashed. Let's be best friends'? That wasn't an option. Marnie was better off without him.

"You're not going to tell me where Mrs. O'Connor is, are you?" Patrick rolled his eyes and stepped the cross into the demons heart, kicking the dust off of his shoes. He had spent all night hunting down this damn worthless demon just for him to be as clueless as the last one. "You're leading me to idiots." Patrick scowled as he walked away from the abandoned house. He glanced at the phone in his pocket to see yet another text from Izabel inviting him to breakfast. "Dammit. I've been out all night, I meant to go do dinner last night."

Lucas

Everything changed in his world for the second time in a short period. First it was from joining the outside world and now they were having to deal with the fact that their entire friend group was completely fucked up. Talia was basically a hermit, Patrick was off on some fucking crusade, Daphne was in a coma and the other three were just always busy. Not to mention that Lucas was a FUCKING DEMON. The time in the motel was spent with him testing out his new found skills and body. At least when he wasnt with Izabel at least.

Lucas worked on making his demon state a more permanent thing while keeping his horns and eyes normal. No one else in the cult ever LOOKED like a demon so that had to be possible right? If he could figure out how to keep himself strong but not lose his thoughts it would be perfect! He could help protect everyone. Over the past month Lucas had also been meeting with a therapist sent by the FBI, he was trying to help Lucas come to terms with the idea that the church wasn't his friends... that they had hurt him and all the people that actually mattered to him. Izabel helped as well... he only wished the others would be around more as well.

"Yeah thanks. I'll let them all know again but you know how it is." Lucas hung up the hotel phone with the therapist just as a knock game to the door and he moved to check out the peephole. He pulled the door open and smiled over at Izabel widely, "Well good morning. Come on in." He closed the door behind her before taking a seat on the small loveseat against the wall with his cup of coffee. "Is anyone else around or are they all off... again..."

talia

Talia felt terrible about everything, she felt like she had abandoned everyone but... she had never been a friendly person. She was never the type of girl to have friends she hung out with after school or girlfriends she went out drinking with. Talia was and had always been a workaholic loner whos only love was the job and a bottle of whiskey. The FBI wouldn't LET her leave but she was still going to hide away in her room and try to pretend like the outside world wasn't actually happening.

Most of the month Talia spent in bed, ordering door dash and demanding daily deliveries of bottles of nice wine. She read about a novel a day and watched a disgusting amount of reality television. There was nothing more she wanted than to be back in her apartment in New York doing this same thing but she supposed this musty ass motel would have to do.

This morning Talia started her day by waking up and taking a long hot bubble bath in the tub she had scrubbed with bleach when they first arrived. She paired it with a nice plate of shitty breakfast from a local diner. Her phone dinged from where it sat on the little table she had made out of a laundry basket next to the bathtub and she picked it up with a raised brow before sighing slightly as she saw the message. Bless him for trying...

No thanks.

Talia hovered over the send button before sighing and erasing it all.

Only if its good food.

She hit send before dropping the phone back on the table and laying her head against the cool tile of the shower wall. Why did she have to be like this?

Marnie Harris

The month in the motel was brutal for Marnie, it was filled with confusing dreams and strange things happening to her body. When Marnie first woke up it was like she was waking up from a nap at first, there was no pain or confusion, she felt more like herself than she ever had but then the weirdness came quick. She was in a room full of people she didn't recognize and there was a LOT of blood. Not to mention her best friend was sitting across the room, being carted off by EMTs and Marnie was left with her brother that she could only remember from pictures to try and help her with her confusion. They told her about the cult and the past five years and it was all so much to handle at first that she just hid in her hotel room while she tried to come to terms with the fact that she lost five years of her memories.

At first her days and nights were filled with trying to remember everyone... part of her vaguely could. She could remember at least that she could trust all of these people. But then about a week in everything got weird. Marnie woke up in the middle of one night and found herself face to face with herself. Only this one looked... different. Her hair had a black streak down her hair, framing her face on the left hand side and her back had giant black wings coming from her skin. Neither of them spoke and she wasn't afraid at all... the entire interaction was only a few moments but when Marnie woke up the next morning she was a different person. She knew what she was... she knew that when it came time her powers would fully awaken and she would have a duty to fulfill but for now she was just... her.

This morning Marnie woke up and got ready for the day, which meant she would be sitting inside and studying for when she finally got back into school. It also meant she would be sending Patrick a "please tell me you're not doing anything dangerous" text. The group all told her they were close... she did't remember him at all but she didn't feel as if they were wrong? If that made sense...

Hey, where are you? Marnie sent the text quickly before tossing the shitty burner phone on her bed and laying back against the pillows. God she wished that Daphne was around to talk to about all of this shit.

Raider Thomas

Ever since watching two of his friends come back to life and Daphne pretty much die as well, Raider poured himself into work. It was far too painful to do anything else! For the second time in his life Raider finally had feelings for a girl, no matter what he intended to do with those feelings, and again she got hurt in front of him. Not only that but this time it was also someone important to someone who meant the world to him! How many times did the world expect to laugh in Raider's face before it completely broke him as a person?

The group was relocated to a motel and everyone seemed to crumble a little. Marnie didn't remember anyone but Daphne, who was in a coma in a nearby hospital. Lucas was around but seemed... distant. Raider and Edward kept busy to keep their minds off of everything. Who knew what the fuck Patrick was off doing all day and poor Izabel was trying her hardest to keep everything together in a group of people who seemed to want nothing more than to stay apart from each other. Raider himself was at fault of that as well. He turned into a night owl, sleeping most of the day while offering his assistance to the local police department to patrol the areas at night. Anything to keep his mind off of how Daphne was doing in the hospital.

Raider was asleep in his bed when his phone chimed with Edwards special ringtone and woke Raider up. "What do you want?" He groaned before reaching over and grabbing the phone. As soon as he read the message he was out of his bed and his fingers flying across the keyboard.

Yes! Of course! Why wouldn't you as long as the doc okays it?! I'll go let Izabel know so she can tell the others! Send. Izabel was the best at getting the others to talk to her so she seemed to be the best bet. Raider quickly got dressed and ran down to Izabels room, knocking loudly on the door before yelling. "Izabel! I need to talk to you!"

Izabel Santos

With the news going how it was Izabel had spent a lot of time thinking. She should be home with her family, not stuck in this motel waiting to be attacked again. And, as much as she wanted to be there for everyone, no one would let her help them. Even Patrick was blowing them off. Today she wanted to tell Lucas her plan to leave the country. As soon as the door opened and she seen that sweet smile of his she felt her strength waver. "Everyone's blowing me off again. I feel more like a nuisance here than anything now."

"Lucas, I have to ask you something and I need you to be honest with me. How would you fare without me?" Izabel sat the granola bars and two waters down on the coffee table in front of them, her hands reaching out and gently gave his hands a small squeeze. "Everyone else would be fine, but I worry about you. And lately you've been doing so great by yourself...would you be fine without me?" The thought of leaving Lucas honestly broke her heart but he would do fine without her. Right? The plague was spreading like wildfire and she worried about her home.

Already Izabel had planned to hitchhike down to South America later on in the night. It wasn't ideal but the airports were closing down with everything happening in the world. She just wanted to hear that Lucas would be fine first, then she could close this chapter on her life. She'd rather die trying to get home and help people than hide in a hotel like some frightened animal.

The knock on the door made her flinch. "Raider?" Her brows furrowed as she stood and opened the door. "What is it?"

Daphne Harrison

Daphne woke with no memory of her life. She knew her name was Daphne, she knew she was in a hospital. Her heart felt cold, empty, and hollow. All she wanted to do was leave and find out where she came from. Eventually a man came in and introduced himself as her brother, said he'd take her out of the hospital. Daphne was hesitant but went with him.

Thirty minutes had passed and she changed into a pair of black jeans and a white tee after a long shower. Edward escorted her to a car, held the door for her, and drove towards their destination. As he drove she tried to soak in as much information as he was throwing at her; the motel was full of people who cared for her. He told her all their names, their relations to her. Marnie her best friend, Raider his partner, Izabel a good friend. Honestly it was a little too much to take.

When the car parked Daphne stood from the vehicle. As they walked to the door she couldn't help but feel slightly nervous. The girl Izabel was getting everyone together to see her. Soon the door opened and a woman with brown hair threw her arms around Daphne. "Welcome home!" Izabel shouted happily as she squeezed Daphne. "O-Oh, thank you." Daphne awkwardly returned the hug and glanced around the room. "I'm glad everyone's in good health, Edward has filled me in that it's been lonely without me. I apologize."

She didn't want to tell anyone that she couldn't remember them, Edward had suggested to act like everything was normal. But what was normal? Normally Daphne wasn't so formal with people, she just didn't know what to do or say right now. Her mind was in a complete fog.

Patrick O'Connor

The sight of the text from Marnie hurt his heart. Her daily messages were just a constant reminder that they could never returned to how things were. Most of the time he had ignored them or sent back short answers. It was the message from Izabel that got his attention. It felt like one of the million weights on his shoulders were lifted. Now? Now Marnie would have someone, she wouldn't need Patrick anymore.

Perfect timing because Patrick had a lead he needed to hunt down. First was family, so he had to return to the motel. Daphne's awake, she'll be at the motel soon. See you in Izabel's room. With that sent Patrick tucked the phone in his pocket and ran back to the motel.

By the time he had reached Izabel's room everyone was there. He knocked, walked inside, and gave a crooked smile at the room. His heart jumped when his eyes found Marnie. "Hey guys. She here yet?" Almost as if on cue the door beeped behind him. Patrick turned to see the platinum blonde walk in, Izabel tackling the once comatose girl. Something about Daphne was different, he could see that from the git go. She looked distant, spoke differently, even walked less confident than before. Maybe it was the time spent in the coma?

"I'm glad you're okay Daphne. Life's not the same around here without you." Honestly Patrick was feeling a lot of guilt when it came to Daphne. He couldn't heal her before he revived Marnie. If he could have healed her then maybe they wouldn't have all split up like they had.

Edward Harrison

Daphne's awake, I'm bringing her home. Please go to Izabel's room, I'll bring her there to see everyone. With that sent to Talia he escorted his sister to the car. Edward had explained everything he could in the short drive to the motel. Names were big ones, he tried to make sure she'd remember Marnie. She was already in such a vulnerable state with the last five years being stolen from her, he wanted Daphne to be there to help her. His sister just had a way about her that helped people...she'd get the hang of it and reunite everyone. That was what they were banking on.

Seeing everyone in the same room together was a breath of fresh air, he hadn't seen that in so long. Izabel hugged Daphne tight and poor Daphne looked so confused. "The doctor's said she'll be fine, it just may take a day or two for her to adjust to everything, try and be a little patient with her." Edward glanced over at Raider and felt nervous suddenly. He had spent a lot of time with his sister, would he call them on their bluff? Edward had tried to be as convincing as he could. "Daphne your room will be between Raider's and mine."

His eyes searched the room to find Talia, and once he did he pat Daphne on the shoulder gently before walking over to Talia. "Hey, how have you been doing?" I miss you would have been a stupid thing to say, but that didn't stop the thought from passing through his brain. "I was thinking of getting something nice for dinner for everyone, we could have a meal to celebrate Daphne's health. You'll join us, right?" Edward tucked his hands in his pockets as he peered down at Talia. Part of him thought she'd deny him, but it was for Daphne. Surely she wouldn't say no...right?

Marnie Harris

Life changed once Daphne returned, for about a month they continued with their strange new normal within the motel. Marnie spent a lot of time with Daphne and Edward, trying to gain back some of her memories from the past five years but nothing really seemed to work. The news was getting worse and worse, the terror was almost too much to handle some days. Then everything went dark. Suddenly many people on earth were just gone and those that were left were met with the terrible reality of the apocalypse.

The earth turned from a paradise to a vision of hell. There was rivers of fire and demons were roaming freely. Those that were left to survive quickly had to learn how to deal with the new world. Their small group was already so divided but now it was even worse. The day that everything changed Marnie woke up with a new sense of purpose, and a new look... her usually long auburn hair now had a long black stripe that framed her face and her back was covered in a tattoo of a raven who's wings spanned across her shoulder blades. She was also well aware of her job; to keep Patrick safe.

Marnie herself had chosen to say her goodbyes to Daphne and the others and stuck to Patrick's side like an annoying urchin. The two of them went on his various crusades, no matter how many times he told her to leave it alone.

"Will you just rest PLEASE? We can camp out tonight and continue in the morning Patrick!" Marnie groaned as she adjusted the backpack on her back and looked around. They were following another one of his messages but travel wasn't easy anymore, everything was hot and dangerous. "We're under good cover and we could both use some food..."

Raider Thomas

So shockingly when the gates of literal hell open, the FBI doesn't stay in business. Everything quickly went to hell when the world became the battlegrounds between heaven and hell. A lot of people were just gone... but those that were left were trying their best to adapt to their new normal. Raider? Raider opened a bar of his own after finding an abandoned one in town. What else was he supposed to do? Daphne didn't remember him, and didn't seem interested in trying. Plus... Raider didn't want to make her life any harder than it already was. Honestly it was a gift from god himself that she forgot him all together. It wasn't like they would EVER be anything right? She was Edward's little sister for fucks sake!

"Here ya go mi'lady, another one on the house." Raider poured two shots of whiskey and slid one across to Talia where she sat at his bar before downing his own and sighing. This bar had kind of become home base for everyone. He kept the doors open and protected the place from raiders and left some rooms downstairs open for his friends to sleep in or get medical care. Thankfully the latter hadn't been needed often but still... just in case.

"Just you again today? Don't you have like a hobby or something?" Raider slurred his words towards Talia before grabbing himself the bottle and taking another drink. The end of the world had turned him into quite the alcoholic... just anything to numb the pain.

Lucas

"Izabel.." Lucas spoke in her ear in a sing song voice before kissing her cheek, then jaw and finally her neck. "Come on, we need to get moving, it's nearly sun down already and we're running out of food and such." The end of the world had been kind to Lucas. The opening of Hell made him feel more powerful than he ever had before. Powerful enough that he finally had the balls to make a move with Izabel. Thankfully it worked in his favor.... "Plus Raider will be royally pissed if we don't follow through with our promise AGAIN." Lucas chuckled as he stood out of the most recent bed they had claimed, traveling between different houses often due to the constant fighting for safety. He walked over to the corner of the room and hoisted the backpack full of booze onto his back before pulling on his shoes and peering out the window.

Raider was running a bar, which had kind of turned into the new worlds safe zones. Everyone respected that bars were meant to be places to escape and find safety or pleasure, not places for fighting. But running such a place meant access to booze, so every so often Lucas and Izabel would find Raider supplies in return for food and shelter.

"Let's go sleepyhead." Lucas crouched down next to Izabel and smiled, his horns were now permanent but thankfully the red eyes were not. "You can even drive the fancy carrrr..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back