• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Messengers of Our Lord (CLOSED)

Characters
Here
Edward Harrison

"Huh?" Edward's ocean blue eyes squinted open as Talia shook him and shoved a phone in his face. "Ay look at you go babe. Should I get your autograph now before you become rich and famous?" Edward gave half a chuckle before he let out a loud yawn and sat up. He quickly planted a kiss on Talia's lips with a grin, standing up afterwards with a long stretch. "Raider and I are meeting up for lunch, I told the office not to call today. We're going out to celebrate your book tonight, alone. I got the place booked. Just the two of us, kind of a fancy special occasion. Use that card I gave you to take the girls out, shop or have a spa day or both, just do anything you want to relax while your views skyrocket."

Edward tossed on a pair of black jeans and a white tee, a black leather jacket on his shoulders. He looked in the mirror as he combed his dark hair back. They were in his condo he had that wasn't too far away from the office, he loved being able to have Talia here with him. Everyone else being in the same town was just a bonus. Things had been so shitty for so long, he was just so glad that everyone could have a win for once. And while this was Talia's biggest day he wanted to make it a little bigger, having had a very extravagant diamond ring made for her. God he hoped she'd say yes. It wasn't too early, was it?

No, he was 100% sure. If she didn't say yes well, he'd just have to ask again. "Right, do you need anything before I'm off? I'll text you where to go later." The ring was tucked into his pocket, he was going to show Raider and make sure that it wasn't a stupid decision. Raider was a surprisingly good partner and Edward was trying to catch up to him.

Patrick O'Connor

The tall man let out a small sigh, his large strong arms wrapping around her and hugging him to her. "Just because I'm a light sleeper doesn't mean I want to get out of bed." His green eyes opened and gazed down at her with a small smile. Working on the force had been great, he got to help Marnie out. He probably wasn't the most qualified for the job, having had no college degree at all, but Marnie knew what she was doing. Raider and Edward got them the jobs, and he promised he would do his best to learn. The best teacher he had ever had was Marnie, so he caught on quickly to anything she taught him.

"Were we meeting up today? I can't keep track anymore. This new sleep schedule is still so wonky." Patrick let out a long yawn as she hopped out of bed. "Grreek? I'm going to pretend like what you just said was words. I don't think I've had anything like that, no." The 6'5" man stood from the bed and ran his hands hand through his long blonde locks. He tossed on a pair of jeans and a bright yellow shirt. "Want me to make lunch-" His sentence was cut short when he walked straight into the closed door. "Fuck...I'm not used to not having powers." He gave a small chuckle and looked at his hands, reaching out and opening the door.

For having been released from his chosen one duties he felt weak, helpless, and powerless. That's why he wanted to help Marnie so bad, he wanted to be useful to one person. It seemed no matter where he went in this world he was still the odd one out.

Edward Harrison

It was an hour drive to the ocean but for today? He insisted everyone come. Actually he'd been begging everyone come for weeks. It was a surprise for Talia and he wanted to make sure all their friends were there to witness it! Raider was the only one who had known what his true intentions of the night were, he had to let his best friend know. If he crashed and burned he was sure to never live it down. The thought was nerve wrecking, so Edward kept glancing down at his watch, pacing the yacht anxiously. 8 o'clock, it was time for everyone to be here.

Edward straightened the maroon tie that matched the vest he wore over the black button down. They could relax and just hang out together like they used to, drink around the fire, and enjoy the sunset. He had a whole plan after dinner, it'd be right as the sunset and he could pop the question then and there in front of everyone. He quickly pulled out his phone and checked the time again, letting out a small sigh as he leaned against the railing of the staircase impatiently.

talia

Talia had gladly taken Edward's offer to take the card and go shopping with the girls. They spent the afternoon shopping and stopping at different cafes for little snacks and coffee. It was nice to get together like this and just have a relaxing day for all of them. Once it got closer to dinner time they all said their goodbyes and Talia returned home to get ready for her celebration that evening with Edward, he had been being so weird about the whole thing, even insisting that Talia take a taxi out to the address rather than just driving together.

It took her a while to get ready, the new black cherry colored dress fit her maybe a little too well so getting it on felt like pulling on leather pants. The hem of the dress hit just above her knee and she paired her outfit with a multilayered gold necklace and a pair of Chanel earrings. Her dark hair was tied into a smooth french twist and her makeup was, after hours, perfect. The taxi beeped outside of their apartment and she rushed to yank on her heels and an oversized black jacket before heading out and jumping in the back of the car. It was a bit of a drive to wherever Edward was taking her... which was kind of even more surprising. They had plenty of nice places near them! Why go through all this trouble?

After an hour they finally pulled into a marina a few minutes past 8. "Are you sure this is the right address?" Talia snapped her compact mirror shut as she finished fixing her lipstick and looked out the window. The driver simply nodded and pointed out the windshield, causing Talia's eyes to go wide. Quickly she opened the door and stepped outside as the car pulled away and made her way up the dock. "Ed? This is what you meant when you said fancy?" She chuckled as she carefully stepped onto the yacht and took the few steps over to the pacing man. "T-This is insane." She made a slow turn around as she took in all the sights, Talia had been to a lot of upscale parties and events but this was a whole other thing.

Marnie Harris

Marnie and Patrick had a quick lunch together and she reminded him of the plans for that evening. She also reminded herself to remember to buy that man a planner while she was out with the girls today... When it was time to meet up with the girls she had Patrick drop her off downtown to meet them and sent him off with a quick kiss, hoping he didn't get into too much trouble with his free time. Their afternoon was fun! It was nice to be with just the girls, even though Marnie hadn't really ever been a "girlfriends" type of person, it was different with these three. Daphne was her best friend in the world of course but Talia and Izabel had become family as well. Plus its not like any of them were "girly" girls. You know, the stab you in the back while getting your nails done type of girls? They were more the day drink and spend money while people watching and judging those girls. Which was fun. After a while they said their goodbyes and Marnie called Patrick to pick her up so they could get ready for that nights festivities.

"Patrick? Are you almost ready?" Marnie yelled from where she sat in front of the vanity, fussing with her hairdo for the millionth time. She wasn't "girly" once again so figuring out what to do with her hair for a fancy occasion was completely lost on her. Hell even the outfit was something Daphne had helped her pick out earlier! It was so hard to find a "fancy" outfit that wasn't a dress or make her look like a middle aged politician. Thankfully they had found her a plaid jumpsuit with wide legged pants and a spaghetti strap top which she wore a tight knit black turtle neck under and cinched the waist with a black belt. Now the problem was her hair. She brushed it... step one. She tried a bun, looked bad. A pony tail? Stupid. Down? Kept getting stuck in this sticky lip gloss shit. Finally she found a photo online of some half up half down hair do and finally thought she figured it out but was worried it looked stupid too.

Marnie pushed away from the vanity and grabbed her purse, heading out to the living room and pulling on her boots, "Patrick? We need to leave and I need to know if my hair looks stupid." It was already 6:45 and Edward had asked them to be there by 8.

Raider Thomas

Raider got ready for his morning and headed out to meet up with Edward. At first he was so psyched, he had his entire monologue ready and was completely prepared to get punched. However as soon as the two met up, Edward was already sharing his news for the night and Raider decided he should probably stay quiet for now. His friend already looked so nervous that Raider was worried any added excitement might make the man literally explode in front of him. So instead of sharing his own news, Raider poured his attention into helping Edward with his plans. He helped him approve the outfit and flowers, he constantly reassured the man that Talia would say yes, and finally they went their separate ways and Raider headed home.

"Daph?" Raider yelled as he walked into their apartment and rushed to the bedroom to get dressed. By the time he left Edward it was already 6 pm. "You home?" He yelled again as he yanked off his clothes and opened the closet to find his outfit for the night. It consisted of a short sleeved white shirt with a black 90's esque pattern on it with a pair of skinny black dress pants and a grey jacket that matched his dress shoes. Once dressed he took a few minutes to freshen up and fluff up his long dark hair before heading back out into the kitchen.

Daphne Harrison

The time spent with the girls was well needed. They got to be there to support Talia on such a big day, and it was so nice to see her girlfriends. Even if she didn't get to day drink with them. As soon as she got back to the apartment she spent her time getting into her lavender lace dress that hid her stomach, and let her blonde beach wavy hair fall down her shoulders. The dress was paired with matching heels and a diamond earrings, her makeup just a light smokey eye and simple nude glossed lip.

As Daphne went to sit in the living room she heard Raider come in and yell for her. "Yeah, I'm ready." Daphne grabbed her light pink clutch and turned to walk into the kitchen, smiling as she looked over Raider. "I'm glad Edward didn't punch you, you look much more handsome without a black eye." Daphne gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Come on let's get going."

Daphne thought they'd be at a restaurant on the beach, she had never expected Edward to pull out the family's boat. "He is pulling out all the stops today. What's he planning?" Treating the girls to a girls day, a surprise dinner at sunset. Slowly she stood from the car, smoothed out her dress, and waited for Raider before she headed onto the dock leading to the ship. "Surprise guys." It was only a few minutes after 8 as they stepped on to the deck.

Izabel Santos

For a few hours of the day Izabel went out with the girls. They went out shopping, snacking, and day drinking. The girls were like her family and she was thankful to be there to cheer on Talia on such a big day. By the time she got back to the bar it was already 6:15 and she was rushing inside and running upstairs to the apartment. "Lucas babe are you ready? We've gotta leave soon and Edward said not to be late."

Izabel threw on her short orange dress that complimented her tanned skin, brushed out her long brown hair, and tied half of it up with a black ribbon. Some blush, a little red lipstick, and a cat eyeliner and she was done. After slipping into a cute orange pair of pumps she grabbed her orange purse that was on a small chain and slung it over her shoulder. "I've got the taxi waiting for us!" Izabel didn't care for driving, especially since she knew she was going to drink at the dinner tonight.

"Thanks sir!" Izabel flashed a smile at the driver before jumping out of the car, her chocolate brown eyes looking up at the large ship. "Whoa. fancy." Suddenly Izabel felt slightly under dressed. She waited until Lucas got out of the car and she looked up at him and smiled. "You ever been on a boat before? You can hold on to me if you don't get your sea legs."

Patrick O'Connor

After he dropped off Marnie withe a kiss he couldn't help but smile to himself. How did he ever get so lucky? The feelings he felt for Marnie were powerful and he could tell they were real. However, when tried to reflect on the memory of them getting together things suddenly became hazy. In fact the last few months became hazy. His mind was screaming that something was wrong. Patrick didn't want things to be wrong, so he went down to the gym their complex had and pumped some iron and went on a ten mile run. It was the only thing that could distract him from the disturbing thoughts.

Once he got home with Marnie he showered and changed into a pair of black slacks, a white button down, a black silk vest, a bright canary yellow bow tie and black dress shoes. He insisted he be able to have at least one bright piece of clothing, and the tie seemed fitting. As he brushed his blonde locks back he looked into the mirror and let out a long exhale. "I've got this. I'm just stressed is all. Tonight will be relaxing and everything will become clear again."

With a firm nod he walked into the living room to see Marnie. His cheeks felt warm as he smiled admiringly over at her. If he acknowledged these feelings of doubt he felt like he'd lose her, and that terrified him. "You look breathtaking. Let's head out." And with that Patrick kissed her forehead and decided to drive them versus taking the taxi. Too much drinking seemed like a bad idea right now, he was sure he'd be able to drive them home at the end of the night.

At 8:15 they pulled in next to Daphne's car and Patrick raced over to hold the door for Marnie, trying to be a proper gentleman to her tonight. First date in forever. First date? He couldn't tell at this point, he just tried his best to hang on to what he thought was the truth. "Talia and Lucas you stragglers, let's head onto the boat. Don't want dear old Eddie having a stroke." He chuckled quietly and reached out to hold onto Marnie's hand as he walked to the boat. "This is like a castle in the water. I've seen fishing boats before but this just seems excessive."

Edward Harrison

"Ah, you made it-" Edward turned to see her when he heard her voice and lost his train of thought as he stared in awe of her. His cheeks turned pink and his heart began to race. "Wow. Might I just say you look phenomenal. And yes, I wanted to go all out on such a big day for you." Raider assured him she'd say yes, but all of a sudden his nerves were getting the best of him. "We celebrated with your family last night, I wanted to celebrate with all of our friends tonight."

As if on cue Daphne and Raider and the others arrived. "Hey guys, perfect timing! Let's head upstairs so the ship can take off." Edwards fingers laced with Talia's as he walked her up the brightly lit stairs to the large seated area, a table at the center. "We can wait out here while they finish up dinner, there will be booze and appetizers. Bathrooms are inside to the left. Yeah, that's the gist of it."

A waitress came out with some champagne on a platter to offer to everyone. Edward picked one up and handed it to Talia before taking one for himself. "Thanks for everyone making it this evening. Let's cheers to the lady of the evening and the apple of my eye, miss Talia Marrow. You're such an amazing woman and I'm so proud of you. Here's to you blowing up the internet." He clinked his glass with hers before taking a small sip of the bubbly alcohol. Appetizers were laid out on the table by some of the wait staff.

Marnie Harris

"It IS excessive. But don't tell Edward." Marnie chuckled at Patrick's amazement as they followed after the others and found the table at which they would be having dinner and took her seat besides him. Edward wasted no time addressing the group and thanking them for coming so Marnie took her glass and raised it slightly before taking a sip. "To Talia!" She chuckled and set down her glass, reaching out and placing one of the appetizers on her plate before gently pushing her chair back. "Excuse me real quick. It was uh- It was a LONG car ride." Marnie smiled sheepishly as she bowed her head slightly to excuse herself from the table.

Marnie followed the quick directions Edward had given them to find the bathroom, only turning the corner wrong once before actually finding the door. It took her a while to figure out how to get out of the damn jumpsuit to quickly use the restroom but eventually she did and tried her best to hurry and get back to the table. However as she was washing her hands and fixing her hair everything in the mirror before her warped into a nightmare. She looked different, her hair had a black streak and her eyes had no white to them... large black wings jutted out from her back and the background was her in some hellscape. The version of her in the mirror was mouthing something frantically but Marnie was too scared to understand what was happening. "W-What? I havent even drank yet." She swallowed and reached up to rub her eyes free of the image and thankfully that helped but still... the chill lingered on her spine. "S-shit."

After a few moments of deep breathing Marnie finally made her way back out to the table and grinned at the others, "Sorry kids. Did I miss anything?" She sat back down at the table and took a large drink of champagne in an attempt to calm down a bit but something felt off... she could think about that later though. Right now it was time to focus on celebrating Talia.

Raider Thomas

"R-Right! About that..." Raider scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly over at Daphne when she mentioned the punching. "I wasn't exactly able to tell him yet. H-He's too damn nervous about tonight." He stammered over his words and his eyes went wide when he realized he nearly gave up the secret. "You know just making sure it's perfect for Talia! N-Nothing big. Just the story!" As they pulled in Raider swore his voice went up an entire octave. It wasn't that Daphne wasn't supposed to know... technically. But it wasn't Raider's story to tell! Plus if Daphne knew she would be watching the couple like a hawk so she didn't miss the moment....

They got out of the car and made their way onto the boat where Raider flashed Edward a wink as he welcomed them all. Poor dude still looked two seconds away from a heart attack. "Eddie my boy this sure is fancy." As they walked upstairs he made sure to slap his friend on the back perhaps too hard before making his way to the table and pulling out the chair for Daphne. "Mi'lady."

Edward was giving a bit of a toast and Raider held up his drink before taking a sip and raising his brow. "So Talia, how many comments have you gotten about the sexy FBI agents who saved the day? And by agents I mean me. Specifically. Boost my ego." Raider shook out his long hair dramatically before laughing and draping an arm around Daphne's shoulders. "But seriously Talia, congrats girl. It's kind of insane to think about how much attention it all got. I mean Eddie and I worked this case for years and not even our coworkers fully believed it at first. Now everyone and their brother knows about what happened there."

talia

"You clean up pretty well yourself Harrison." Talia smirked a little as Edward complimented her and brushed some of her hair behind her ear as she looked down to hide the blush that was forming on her face. "O-oh!" As the others arrived Talia turned to them with a bright smile, "I'm so happy to see you all again! I was kind of bummed we weren't all together earlier... This is all just amazing." Normally she wasn't one for being surprised or celebrated honestly but... this was different. How could they not celebrate when everything was so perfect? Plus how could she not be happy when a man that would do all this was her boyfriend... Her attention was drawn back to Edward as he took her hand and led her upstairs to where a dinner table was waiting for them.

Edward handed her a glass and Talia took it with a small thank you, watching him with all the love in the world as he spoke to them all before clinking his glass with hers. Never in her LIFE had Talia been so smitten by a person yet here Edward was, making her feel like a middle school girl with a crush. "Y-You're to sweet." She cursed herself mentally for stuttering before taking a drink of her champagne and sitting down at the table.

"Hah hah hah Raider." Talia rolled her eyes at the man across the table from her as he spoke up. "Actually most comments that even mentioned the FBI were more focused on how the one who went undercover seemed like a real badass while the one who hid in an attic closet of a womans home seemed creepy. But go off." She winked over at Edward before resting her hand on his knee and squeezing gently.

Daphne Harrison

Things were happening so fast but in such a good way! Talia and Edward were busy planning their wedding, everyone's careers were taking off, and the pregnancy was a dream After a few more weeks had passed the baby started moving and, soon after that, they found out that it was a boy. Her parents even seemed to be accepting of the whole situation, even renting an extravagant country club for the baby shower. They wouldn't be there for the actual day, not that it mattered much to Daphne. Everyone she wanted there would be there.

The theme was twinkle twinkle little star, there were moons, stars, twinkly lights, and white balloons that looked like clouds everywhere. Everything was perfect. To go with the blue theme she wore a light blue maxi dress that hugged the baby bump on her thin frame, small stars clipped in her wavy blonde hair. Hell she even had a baby blue lipstick on, she was fully embracing the blue lifestyle.

"Everyone should be getting here soon. I wish the decorations looked as good as you do." Daphne smirked as she playfully teased Raider, finishing up the final touch on the balloons in the foyer. For once the bar served lemonades, mocktails, and tea instead of alcohol. There were games, trivia, and prizes. Daphne had a whole damn pinterest board full of things for today, she wanted everything to be perfect. She took care of everything besides the three tiered blue, gold, and silver cake with stars and the moon on it.

Izabel Santos

First the engagement, then a baby!? It was so soon, Izabel was never expecting that news. But they both seemed over the moon so she was excited for them! Over the next few weeks business at the bar was booming and left her little time for her friends. Well, unless they swung by for a drink. Izabel finally hired someone part time to give her and Lucas a few days off a week. Only because the stress had been getting to her so bad she swore she was being watched by someone and it had made her paranoid.

As soon as Daphne revealed that the baby was a boy she went all out shopping. Cute boy clothes, books, and a care package with treats and comfort things for Daphne. "Lucas do you ever see yourself having a family?" The question she asked was out of the blue as she handed the keys to the valet. Maybe it was too early to talk about something like this, but it had Izabel curious. "I was a wild child, I'm sure our kids would be little hellions." The thought made her wink at Lucas.

Once the valet took the car she skipped up the stairs to the country club and smoothed out her deep blue sundress, her dark eyes watching as another worker brought in the presents."Oh, thank you!" Her yellow flats tapped against the stairs as she walked through the held open door, thanking the other worker that held the door. Her jaw dropped. "Daphne everything turned out so cute!"

Edward Harrison

Life had always been chaos. His sisters disappearance, hunting his sister down, and then the time they spent in hiding was all stressful and chaotic but it didn't compare to wedding planning. This was a good stress though, and he thoroughly enjoyed being there to make it a dream wedding for Talia. His dream was already coming true just being able to marry her. The guest list, however, was a true pain in the ass. Why were there so many people to invite? He would have been fine just going to the courthouse, but Daphne said that she would literally murder him. So that was off the table.

When Raider and Daphne announced they were pregnant he felt a mixture of emotions. At first he wanted to deck Raider, but he settled for a strong punch to the arm. He felt like it was a little too soon, but he knew the two of them were happy so he tried to be as supportive as he could. But Edward didn't like babies. He was afraid of breaking them or dropping them, he avoided them at all costs.

"Thanks." Edward handed the keys to the valet and watched another worker take the large present in. He had gotten them a tree bookcase for the nursery and some books to put on it. He straightened out the light blue bow tie that matched his vest over the black button down tee. "I'm just saying, they could have adopted a kid that already walks and talks. Skips the hassle of fragile baby state, get a kid, best of both worlds." Edward wrapped his arm around Talia's shoulder as they made their way into the country club.

Patrick

It had been a few weeks since Patrick first started to see through the illusion. For the last week, had been sleeping on the couch and not performing great at work. It was hard when literally everyone was a demon. Everyone but Marnie, but even she was different. She had a black streak in her hair, white eyes, and fucking wings. So he had done his best to avoid her as of late, said he didn't feel good and constantly apologized to her. It wasn't her fault he was losing his mind; he had convinced himself that his mother put a curse on him or something while she rotted away in prison.

Therapy wasn't helping, he kept telling the lady that something was wrong but even she was a demon! Of course she lied and didn't listen to him. Told him to focus on the good things happening in life, pull himself together or he would ruin everything great going on. So, Patrick complied and tried to be supporting. The engagement and baby news seemed exciting at first, but shortly after he had a heavy guilty feeling in his chest.

"I'll grab the presents." Patrick leaped out of the car as soon as it was parked and quickly moved to the trunk, letting out a small groan when one of the demons in a workers uniform beat him to it. "Thanks." Patrick gave a small scowl and shoved his hands into his pockets. He had a white undershirt, a blue sweater vest, and matching blue slacks. The long wavy golden locks were tied back into a blue ribbon, his usual bright and perky face tainted by the horrible few weeks and lack of sleep.

Slowly Patrick made his way into the foyer and smiled slightly when he seen the others. "Daphne and Raider, congratulations you two. Thanks for the invite."

Talia

"N-No, again I'm really trying to be nice here but I've told you a thousand times that apple and scarlet are not the same shade of red. Yes, thank you." Talia sighed as she hung up the phone and finally climbed out of the car, giving Edward a sheepish smile as she did. She was trying so hard to not be a bridezilla but she was also just a perfectionist by nature so it was hard... all she wanted was for this day to be absolutely perfect! Was that so terrible?

"Plus minimal diapers and no terrible pregnancy weight?" Talia chuckled as Edward wrapped a his arms around her shoulders and she fixed the hem of her baby blue and white floral pencil skirt. Today she wore the skirt paired with a white top and some white sandals. The comment about weight made her stop for a moment before shaking the thought from her head. Recently food had really been making her feel ill, like terribly ill. At one point Talia was terrified she was pregnant as well but that wasn't the case, so it must have been a stomach bug or something but it was still starting to cause a toll on her body in general.

For now Talia pushed the thought aside and decided to focus on her soon to be sister-in-laws baby shower. They found their way inside and Talia nearly gasped at all the decor. "Holy shit Daphne, I cannot believe you actually did this all by yourself!"

Lucas

Everything seemed to be going well for everyone around him, including him and Izabel. Business was amazing at the bar and they even hired some part time help. Despite how amazing everything was, Lucas kept having bad dreams about the cult. He kept dreaming about a basement and them all being killed by demons who were parts of the cult and he would wake up in a cold sweat every time. It was all too damn real. Thankfully, some breakfast and a cup of coffee later he would feel a lot better but honestly it made him kind of afraid to sleep.

"Of course I can. I've always wanted kids." Lucas chuckled as Izabel and him walked into the country club."You can drop the world WERE, you ARE a wild child still." He grinned over at the woman before wrapping his hand around hers and pulling it up to his lips for a quick kiss before heading into the baby shower.

Raider Thomas

Edward and Talia's engagement went off without a hitch and the group were able to spend a nice night together, Raider was also finally able to tell his best friend about Daphne's pregnancy and got away with only a punch instead of a full on murder so that went well as well. The past few weeks Raider spent a lot of time working to buffer their savings for when the baby came but when he wasn't working he was helping Daphne with preparations for the baby shower.

Raider had woken that morning and finished up his gift to Daphne for the shower, he knew it was traditional but he wanted to do something nice. After all she was growing a human while also single handedly putting together nearly everything for the shower. He had cleared the room for the nursery and paid decorators to come in and finish everything while they were away at the shower. Raider also tried to do his part to ensure he looked every bit as he should for the shower, wearing a light blue polo to match Daphne's dress and a pair of khakis with dress shoes.

"Hah hah. They look even BETTER babe, like you." Raider chuckled and leaned down to plant a quick kiss on Daphne's cheek before pulling out a chair for her and motioning to it. "Sit, take a break before we must mingle." He looked towards the door as it opened, praying it was only their friends and not any "formal" guests or family that would already require work. Thankfully it was just their small group trickling in one by one. Raider glared at Talia, "Hey now. I HELPED."

Marnie Harris

Marnie was not handling anything well right now... she even got in trouble at work and was asked to take medical leave although she didn't tell anyone else about it. Ever since the night on the boat her reflection looked like that horrible image, she kept having nightmares of her friends dying in front of her and she kept having this ... vision... of her and Patrick alone by a river. It was a nice memory but that's just it, it wasn't a memory, at least she didn't think it was! Honestly she was starting to think she was going crazy... it caused her to have a panic attack in the bathroom at work one to many times and her boss told her to "take some time".

To make matters worse it seemed like Patrick was mad at her... or over her. He slept on the couch and they rarely spent any time together even when they were under the same roof. The timing of it all made her depressed... Her anxiety filled brain was already on overdrive so now all she could assume was that the events happening with the others made Patrick realize he didn't want to be with her anymore and that made her heart break into a million pieces. Most days Marnie didnt even get out of bed anymore but... today was Daphne's baby shower.

Marnie had tried her best today to look pretty, her long hair was curled and half up half down, a navy blue jumpsuit that hugged her curves with a pair of brown sandals and brown belt. "Y-You look nice today Patrick." She gave him her best smile but as soon as they parked he was jumping out of the car to get the presents. Marnie winced slightly at the car door closing and sighed, gathering her composure before opening her own door and thanking the valet, walking quickly to catch up with Patrick. She reached out to take his hand only to notice that they were shoved in his pockets. The embarrassment made her stop in the hallway, allowing him to head in before her while she took a few deep breaths in the hallway before following him in.

"Holy shit." Marnie gaped at the room around her before her eyes landed on Daphne, "This is SICK."

Patrick

It was killing Patrick inside to avoid Marnie like this; he was hoping that in time everything would be better and that the hallucinations would stop. Unfortunately things did not get better when he stepped inside for the shower. Lucas had a fucking HORN on his head, Daphne, Edward, Talia, and Raider all had dark aura's around them. Izabel was the only normal looking one! The party looked great but Patrick couldn't focus on the party. Instantly he started to break out in a sweat as he forced a nervous chuckle and smile. "Everything turned out awesome! Here, Marnie, will you come with me for a second?" Patrick sat the present down on the large present table before grabbing Marnie's hand and pulling her into a demon-free hallway.

"I-I know I said I've been doing fine but I'm not. Everyone looks different. You-You have wings, and your hair is different! Lucas has a horn, like a demon. A-A-And the others, they all look different too! Like I can't put it into words but they're glowing different colored auras and they're just-- different!" Patrick was rambling, he knew that, but he had been bottling this up for far too long. If anyone would believe him it was going to be Marnie. "That's why I've been so weird, I'm really sorry I just haven't been able to bring myself to say it. It's like I'm seeing everything how it's supposed to be seen, if that makes any sense. I like to think I'm not going crazy, but I really didn't want you finding out and thinking little of me. But- now it's everyone and I can't stop it. Do you think the others are having issues? I-I've been having these vivid nightmares, too. I'm just. I'm losing my mind. I don't feel like any of this is real anymore."

It was a hell of a time to do this. Daphne's shower was a big thing for her, and he was pretty sure that if he bothered her with his psychotic ramblings Raider or Edward would knock him out. Didn't they deserve to know if they were in some sort of weird reality? He didn't quite know how all of them would be in one reality together, but with the demons walking around it couldn't be good. Part of him hoped that Marnie told him he was insane and took him straight to the crazy house.

Marnie Harris

“W-what? We just got here! P-Patrick?!” Marnie teetered on her heels after the blonde man as he gently pulled her by her hand. Honestly she was just thrilled he was speaking to her without sounding so pained, he was acting strange sure but at least he wasn’t ignoring her or treating it like a chore. The two of them came to a stop and Patrick instantly began rambling.

Marnie simply listened, squeezing his hand tight as he spoke. Her own eyes went slightly wide as he explained what was happening, her free hand reaching up to cup his face as a concerned smile crossed her face. “Patrick, you can always talk to me. Even if you were going crazy, I’d still listen. However… I don’t think you are.” Her smile fell and she shifted slightly as she continued. “You’re not alone, I’m seeing things too. What you said about me… I saw it in the mirror that night on the boat. It freaked me out bad but… somehow it also felt right. The more I can see, the more I witness… the more this place feels like what’s out of place.”

Marnie dropped her hand from his face and held it out in front of her, turning it over a few times as she stared at her own skin. “I feel like me, I know that what I feel about all of our friends, what I feel about you, I know it all feels true and real. But… the way we know each other feels wrong, where we live, what we do. It feels wrong.” As she turned her hand again she was hit with the sight of her own skin covered in blood. It was only a flash but it caused a memory to burn through her brain. She could remember dying… she could remember God giving her another chance, and chance to help her friends, save them from what they were doomed to become, save Patrick. Be by his side. She remembered the bright white light and the worlds the angel spoke to her. It wasn’t a lot but… it was enough to be sure that they weren’t crazy.

“It is wrong but… why? How? And god I don’t know about you but I have to admit whatever reality actually is seems scary. Demons, angels? How do we look at our friends and explain all this? Even if they believe us… how can we ask them to give up this?” Marnie turned and gestured to the general world around them. “Everyone is so happy, everything seems so perfect for them. Is it right for us to ruin this for them? Can we not just pretend?” Marnie knew they couldn’t but even with the visions they were having and knowledge of another world, it didn’t mean they could return, telling the others would just make them scared and miserable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back