• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Messengers of Our Lord (CLOSED)

Characters
Here
Patrick O'Connor

After the shift in the earth things got far worse. The earth was over run with demons, and as much as Patrick wanted to save every soul on earth he couldn't. His friends were too busy taking lives...Patrick still didn't hold contempt for them though. They were his friends, he wanted them to live. That was what hurt the most. If Patrick failed he'd lose Marnie, so there was no question he was going to come out victorious.

Patrick's focus had went from the cult to the anti-Chirst. Beat him first then find the cult, that's what he told himself. It was hard to stay focused on his task when demons were crawling out of the woodwork. Shit, assassins had even started coming for Patrick and Marnie. They had high bounties on their heads, not that anyone came close to standing a chance against the two. Still, despite constantly being on the hunt, he made sure to save as many people as he could. It would have been far more difficult without Marnie.

Speaking of Marnie. After finding out about her being a valkyrie he relaxed around her. It was a comforting fact that she was going to be able to take care of herself, though he wanted to be the one protecting her at the end of the day. He had tried to fight to hide the love he felt for her. She still didn't know their history and he was not about to ever bring that up to her. Still, she was his best friend. It was hard not to enjoy her company on his expedition to save the world.

A few days ago Patrick and Marnie got a request from Izabel to returned to the bar. "Well, I see we're not the only ones here." Patrick let out a small sigh at the horses in front of the bar. It was hard enough thinking about his friends impending doom, now they were going to have to be face to face? Maybe they'd be able to find the anti-Christs lair. Ulterior motives...sorry Izabel, maybe she'll hate him too by the end of this.

"After you, pretty lady." Patrick shot Marnie a playful wink as he held the door open to the bar for her.

talia

"Edward, wait..." Talia went to reach out to him only to grasp nothing more than a handful of wispy red smoke. She wanted to tell him that she already knew that! Who didn't? Raider may have been physically attractive to her sure but his personality was literally one of the most annoying things she had ever dealt with in her life. Honestly, she and Raider were just too much alike to ever be more than what they were. Friends, with benefits. Edward though... whatever they had may have started with a mistake but... no, it wasn't even a mistake. It was just sudden. "Dammit." Talia sighed and her hand moved to touch where he had kissed her cheek before she threw her body back onto the bed and let out a small scream. Why was this their life?!

Because you're all just so fun to mess with. And generally useful.

The voice in her head made her sit up straight, looking around for a moment before it clicked. Ah. Horseman shit begins then? Already? Fine. Now was better than ever, plus she intended on using whatever information Edward could get her as soon as it arrived.

-One month later-

Talia was much better suited for horseman life that she had initially thought, at first she was scared of the things she was asked to do but after the first few she really got the hang of it. Talia traveled to different angel outposts and ruined their food supply with a single touch. She did this for a while at first, not feeling bad at all because the angels didn't need much food to begin with but also she wanted them to back the fuck off. Honestly, Talia just wanted the fighting to hurry up and be over so that she could get on with what really mattered; helping her dad.

At first Talia had been watching him from afar, he was with a group of others hidden in a house they had turned into their own little community. She could only assume the others were also ex-cult members, some she even recognized. Once about a week passed of this she started to slowly introduce herself to them, posing as a raider who was acting like some sort of post apocalyptic Robin Hood and delivering food to them. Talking to him was nice... he seemed better mentally and closer to the man she remembered but he still couldn't remember her. Talia was trying but it seemed Satan was getting annoyed with her side quest and made her more and more busy... there was also Daphne's request of them that she supposed she couldn't ignore.

About a week prior to when they were set to meet, Talia was given a job that she instantly refused. She was told to destroy all of the supplies the bar held during their visit and poison their water. There was no way she would do that to the only remaining place that she could try and feel normal! Only when she expressed those feelings she was met with the excruciating pain of hunger that dropped her to her knees and made her feel like she was dying all over again. "F-Fine! But I'm going to ask them to stop me." The pain stopped and she heard no response but it was almost like she could FEEL the anti-christ laughing at her.

"Today's the day I suppose." Talia ran a hand through her now chin length brown locks as she approached the bar on her horse. Two were already here, thankfully. While Talia was nervous to see everyone... Edward especially... she knew that there was no way to hold back from doing anything without their help. "Make friends!" She jumped off her horse as she tied it near the others and patted him on the neck. As she walked in she stopped for a moment and checked her reflection in a puddle. She fussed with her wavy hair for a moment before adjusting the lime green and black bralette she wore as a top under a oversized and ratty denim jacket. Her bottoms were high waisted leather that stuck to her curves and were tucked into black thigh high boots. "Here we go."

Inside the bar her eyes searched for everyone and smiling softly once she found them at the bar, "If anyone was causing trouble shouldn't you of all people know about it?" Talia smirked at Edward as she joined the others at the counter, leaning against it as she said her hello's to the group. Already she was feeling the pressure in her mind to start her task but she fought it off for now...

Marnie Harris

Once every single gate was opened Marnie's entire disposition changed. Her mind was on high alert at all times and her senses were in tune to literally anything that felt it could be dangerous. At first it was a lot for her to handle but slowly she got used to it all. Patrick helped a lot... suddenly he was a lot less prickly with her decision to come with him on this adventure and had loosened up quite a bit. While Marnie honestly still couldn't remember him from the five years of memories she lost... she couldn't help but feel like this was much closer to their normal. They felt much more at ease now and she actually found herself enjoying their days once she was finally used to her Valkyrie senses.

Their month was full of bullshit. Between constantly being unable to make any real progress and having assassins around every corner, she was very over it. So when Daphne's request came, Marnie was thrilled that Patrick planned on obliging. Daphne was still the only person that Marnie fully remembered and despite whatever the fuck was happening in this new world of theirs, she was still her best friend. Honestly her only friend besides Patrick.

"More like only lady you've really seen in weeks." Marnie chuckled and rolled her eyes as she entered the bar, winking back at Patrick as she walked past him and into the dimly lit room. Instantly the energy felt tense in here. They hadn't been around any of the others for a very long time and had zero clue about the fact that some of the others were also horsemen now as well. "Shit Patrick..." At first Marnie had been kind of excited about this but now she was nervous... she trusted Daphne but a quick look around the bar made it apparent that Marnie and Patrick were fish out of water here. After a moment her wings began to show themselves, growing from the tattoo that was exposed on her back. Thankfully part of their month had consisted of finding her some materials to make a few tops that would allow her wings to come out. Now she was wearing jeans and a black halter top, her hair pulled into a messy bun on her head. For now her eyes remained normal, not fully into fighting mode but... cautious.

"Long time no see kids." Marnie spoke with a small grin as she walked up behind the others at the bar, "Wait where's Raider, why are you two running the joint?"

Raider Thomas

"Not used to it?" Raider was kind of floored by her words so when she mentioned rooting for him and Talia all he could do was nod. By the time his brain caught up with his mouth Daphne was already gone. Did-Did she have memories again? That was the only thing that Raider could even think about. Why would she say she wasn't used it it? Of course she wasn't! As far as he was aware she didn't really even KNOW him anymore. The whole thing was making Raider spiral again already... he had felt so much better when he first woke up but now this plus Talia literally dying in front of him a few moments ago? It was all too much. Time to go back to business as usual.

Only... it wasn't. After about of week of trying to drink himself into a stupor, Raider was met with a voice in his head that made his spine shiver.

"Do you really not realize what happened to you boy? I'm so thrilled that woman chose the last of you to be an absolute moron."

O-Oh. OH. Raider's head spun, he clutched the bar top as his death returned to him. He died. And Daphne... Daphne brought him back as a horseman. At first he was kind of flattered but then it quickly turned into depression and anger. How could she make that decision for him? What did he even have to live for anymore? As far as he was aware his family was dead, Daphne wanted nothing to do with him, Edward hated him and Talia wasn't around. Sure Izabel and Lucas stayed back at the bar to help with things but... he was finally content with the idea of moving on and she just brought him back. AS THIS?

After that day Raider left the bar behind and was fully fledged into his horseman life. If he had to be this he was going to do it right. He was set out to track down traitors and enemies of Hell, plaguing them with a terrible illness that slowly took their lives. All it took was a drop of Raiders blood in their mouths and suddenly they were done for.

Raider had no intentions of ever returning to see the others, he would live this life until the day he died. If that ever came. However he quickly learned the summons from Daphne wasn't really a choice. So here he was. Standing outside of the place he had died. It was honestly kind of eerie but... duty was duty. From where he stood, waiting for the courage to walk inside he watched Marnie and Patrick enter with a scowl before heading in after them.

"Oh I'm right here doll." Raider scoffed at Marnie's question as he walked up to the counter and confidently walked behind it, grabbing a beer and downing it quickly before tossing the can in the trash and grinning like a cat over at Izabel. "Place looks nice, almost better than the day I dropped dead upstairs." He shot a look at Daphne as he said it before jumping up on the bartop to sit and cracking his neck. "So why are we here? I would much rather be off doing my new job."

Daphne Harrison

One by one her old friends joined the bar. She greeted them all with a somewhat reserved smile, ashamed of everything she had been doing. "Hey Marnie..." It was bittersweet seeing her. Marnie was her best friend, Daphne didn't want to see anything bad happen to her. She was one of the reasons Daphne fought so hard against the abuse she faced now. If only she could give Patrick and Marnie one more day to end this then it was all worth it.

When Raider joined them her smile faded completely, her blue eyes looking down at her leather gloved hands. The guild of being such a horrible friend to everyone weighed heavily on her. The countdown for the apocalypse happened when she died in the hospital Maybe it would have been better if she never was brought back? Patrick may had been the final piece to the start of humanity's downfall but she played her role in it as well. Plus, Patrick could save anyone. All Daphne did was kill things...relationships included.

Quickly she wiped away a tear and swallowed down the shame, doing her best to exert a cold exterior. "Ah, the day you died. Selfishly drinking yourself into a stupor resulted in a selfish choice on my part. You're important to everyone here so quit acting like you have no one to care for you. Maybe if you and the doctors let me die on the hospital table you could have died peacefully too. Yet here we are living out our own Hell." Daphne gave a small huff and clenched her fists as the wounds around her neck and wrists burned once more. The words spilled from her mouth, the month long of torture and loneliness were weighing heavily on her. "You finished lashing out like a child or can we get back to why I summoned you?" Her words were far more harsh than she meant them to but she couldn't help herself. No one asked for this.

"Right. I was tasked with checking in and making sure you were all ready for doomsday." She sent Marnie and Patrick a sad smile. "It's coming, I can't stall it any longer. I'm-" sorry. The words stopped when she heard the dark chuckle in the back of her head. "Honestly? I...I asked for the meeting, I wanted to see you all one last time. I'm kept on a rather short leash, this was my only opportunity to warn you guys."

Izabel Santos

As everyone joined the dimly lit bar she couldn't help but feel happiness wash over her tired soul. It had felt like forever since they last gathered, the month felt like it had been years. Raiders presence was nothing short of hostile though and that instantly put a damper on the mood. Things were tense enough, she wished he wouldn't add to it. Quietly Izabel sighed and tried to give everyone a small smile before passing out some drinks to her powerful friends. Everyone had something going for them. Even Lucas. In the end Izabel was going to be left in the ashes of whatever the outcome of the battle...if she even lived at all. After all they'd be better without her weighing them down.

The thought plagued her often the past month, it had prevented her from sleeping and eating. Quickly she turned to Marnie and Patrick with a small smile, not wanting her friends to see her down. No one needed to worry about her, they had enough on their plates. "You guys look like you're exhausted. Feel free to rest here, okay?"

Izabel tried to be a good friend and not listen in to Daphne's conversation but it was hard not to. Daphne was butting heads with Raider, saying things that she could have only said if she had her memory. The thought hurt Izabel. Was it good for Daphne to have her memories and be the horseman of death? That was such a heavy task to take on. Daphne soon spoke about doomsday, and then she revealed that she wanted to see everyone. Daphne seemed so apologetic about the whole thing and it broke Izabel's heart. This was pre-determined by the universe and they were suffering because of it.

"Lucas and I wanted everyone to stay here for the night. It's been months, and when doomsday comes I don't want to live regretting that we couldn't share one last night together. We were all like a family. And, with my family dead, I want to be able to cherish this one while I still have it. So, please. Dinner, drinks, just let's enjoy tonight. Okay?" Izabel pleaded with everyone at the bar.

Edward Harrison

This time a month without Talia seemed excruciatingly long. He wanted to be by her side but he was forbidden to. Horsemen rode separately, they'd ride together when they were ready. Satan's words wee laughable. He was the fucking devil, how could Edward believe anything he said? He may had to listen to him but he didn't have to believe the fucker. Though he could sense that she was okay. Horseman intuition? "Yeah you've got a point. I can pinpoint every fight breaking out in the world right now, it's wild." Edward shot a small grin at Talia. She looked healthy but he could read in her face that something was wrong.

Edward didn't get a chance to address his concerns. Maybe afterwards, but Raider was coming in being an absolute asshole. Instantly Edwards eyes were a bright red. He still made Edward's blood boil, and despite their surroundings he wanted to beat the ever living shit out of the guy. His sister made sure he wouldn't die and he still took shots at her. "Raider I've warned you before to leave your mouth shut to her. We all have enough to deal with right now. I don't think it's fair to trouble the others with the task of pulling me off you while I beat the shit out of you." Suddenly being here with everyone became a lot to deal with again. He hadn't even been here 10 minutes!

Daphne spoke and he held his breath in his chest. She remembered didn't she? That made Raider's behavior even worse. All he could see was red, so when he stood to move to Raider he paused as Izabel pleased with him. His body physically tensed up and he begrudgingly sat back in the bar stool, slamming back the bottle of booze Izabel had handed him. "I'll stay, but if Raider steps out of line again I'm taking him outside to smash in his face."

He forced out a heavy sigh as his red eyes glanced towards Talia as he tried to calm down. "Did you find your dad?" He hadn't heard from her since but he knew his information was credible; he was the one that found where he was. In another life he had been an FBI agent, though no one would believe it looking at him now.

Patrick O'Connor

Marnie's comment made him snort. She was the only lady he had eyes for yet she didn't even know it. Not that Patrick could ever let her know that. He loved her for far too long but lying was the only way to protect her memory. The last thing Patrick wanted was to be the one to re traumatize her. "Just remain calm. Daphne, Izabel, Talia. They're still your friends." Patrick smiled down gently at her as her large Valkyrie wings tucked into her back, his fingers gently touching the small of her back to reassure her. Marnie had a right to be nervous around them, everyone save Izabel was on the wrong side of the war. Well, Lucas was more a neutral party, but he was still a demon.

Unfortunately Patrick was here with ulterior motives. He knew of the horsemen gathering, he had been sent here. The goal? Daphne knew where the anti-Christ was. At least that's what God told him, and as much as he didn't want to like it Patrick knew he spoke the truth. He needed to extract the information from her whether she was willing or not. The backpack that slung on his back was full of holy weapons and tools to use to restrain her if need be.

Patrick never wanted to torture anyone. Growing up his mother tortured him and countless others, Daphne and Marnie included. That was when Daphne was good, though. Now she walked the path of darkness. He knew he shouldn't forgive her, but it was hard to do with Marnie constantly beside him. Daphne was the only real friend Marnie had anymore, if he tortured Daphne he knew it would ruin whatever relationship the girls had left.

"Raider's a horseman now too." Patrick smiled sadly as his towering figure sat on the bar stool. He sipped his drink, nodded nonchalantly at Izabel as she suggest they stay the night, and listened intensely on the conversation their friends had. He even gave Daphne a small smile when she looked over. Why did she look so apologetic?

"I think one last night is what we all need, Izabel." He gave her a small smile and nod. He'd get a hold of Daphne later on and question her. Hopefully she was willing to give out information."What do you think? Want to relax for the first time in months? Seems Daph's got her memory back, I'm sure you two could reminisce while you drink. Like old times? There's no fire water this time." That last part slipped down, a fond memory that usually made her laugh. He missed the days in the pool.

Marnie Harris

Marnie watched Daphne and Raider with wide eyes as they bickered, her eyes only going wider as Edward joined in on the nonsense. "Talia you have something snarky to add or is this not a four horseman pass time?" It felt wrong to see them all like this, not only were they on the opposing side, they just shouldn't be fighting like this. At least thats what intuition told her. Soon enough Izabel was handing out drinks and begging the others to calm down before she asked them all to join for dinner and stay the evening.

"Fire water?" As Patrick spoke to her she turned and raised her brow. What was he talking about? When her eyes landed on him the image went fuzzy between him sitting at the bar to him standing in a pool and rubbing his eyes while she laughed. Was that a memory? Marnie rubbed her own eyes and looked around at the others to make sure she was still in the bar but as she did each one turned into another old memory. Marnie chose to stay quiet and pretend like this wasn't happening as she turned back to Patrick. "Yeah! I would gladly welcome a night in a real bed."

"I need to use the restroom, excuse me." She jumped off the bar stool and made her way to the bathroom, locking the door behind her so she could splash cold water on her face and try to focus. Only when she did she was met with a rush of images in her head that literally knocked her on her ass from the shock. A voice was in her head telling her to stop, that she wasn't ready for all this but it wasn't like she was TRYING! It was just happening. She saw everything, the torture, the cult, the fun by the pool, every single memory with Patrick and the others... she saw everyone in the basement and then her own death. At this point the voice was yelling and she tried, she really tried, to stop... but it didn't. The next thing Marnie remembered was Patrick giving up the last of his life to save her... Then she was back in the bathroom, heavily breathing as she laid against the bathroom floor and got her bearings again. She picked herself up off the floor and brushed off her jeans before looking in the mirror again and wiping away the tears she didn't realize were streaming down her face.

God was right... Marnie didn't know how to handle this. She was so happy she had her memories back but she was also sad and scared, angry and just lost. Her heart was so full that he did that for her... but also mad that he didn't value his own life enough! But now wasn't the time, plus Izabel would kill her if she walked out there and started anything so she finished drying her tears and walked back to the bar with a grin on her face, stopping to speak to Daphne after shooting Patrick a small glance.

"Don't worry about Patrick or I Daph, I mean we've dealt with scarier things than the anti-christ. Shit Mrs.O'Co- Williams from the housing office was such a bitch right?"

Raider Thomas

Raider rolled his eyes, crass personality coming full force as he listened to Daphne attempt to justify herself. Honestly he would have done the same thing in her situation but that was because he remembered her. He remembered what they were. He remembered sleeping in her bed the night before Lucas went missing because the lights went out and she was scared. He remembered their small fights and petty comments that were really flirting. He remembered being by her side after the hospital. The hospital... "Right because I totally had a choice in the hospital too. I mean shit, it wasn't like you wanted to lie to Edward and go by yourself or anything. But go off. I must have forgotten I wasn't getting the shit beat out of me trying to get you back before any of it started. OH! And forgot that I walked back into the room and forced the fucking surgeon to save you because that's his job anyways right?" Lashing out like a child. HAH. Oh he would be childish...

Only his words were cut short when Edward spoke up, causing Raider to turn to his best friend with white irises, "Oh I would fucking welcome it Eddie." Raider nearly hissed the words, pushing up his sleeves and jumping off the counter before Izabel spoke up. As much as he wanted to tell her to buzz off... she didn't deserve it. Especially not since she was handling this place once Raider abandoned it and left her and Lucas with the trouble.

"Whatever. Where's Lucas anyways? This place isn't busy enough right now for him to having to go get stock or anything." Raider's eyes returned to normal as he turned around the bar slowly, trying to find Lucas but coming up short. "And I'm fine to stay tonight but I have shit to do in the morning so I will be out of here early. Long list of people to weaken before doomsday comes."

Lucas

Lucas had decided it was time to stop counting on the others... they all had these giant roles in the future of the world and while he was part demon and technically should have been on the side of Daphne and the others, he was hoping for Patrick to succeed. The thing was that Lucas was also part human and in love with a human woman... though he hadn't fully told her that yet. But he didn't want to tell her when the world was so fucked up and uncertain. He wanted to tell her once life was good again and they were safe... once they could secure a future together. So in order to do that, Lucas began preparing a back up plan. If Patrick and Marnie lost... the demons or anyone else wouldn't be able to touch anyone within this bar, not until they figured out a way around his spell.

You see, Lucas spent his month focusing on witchcraft and speaking to the angels that came into the bar scarcely. A lot of the books he found were bullshit but some werent and the combination of his power, knowledge and advice from the holy was a winning combination. Lucas had poured a lot of time and patience into collecting items he needed to create a rune of protection in the basement of the bar. It didn't keep anyone out really but once they were in? If anyone started any act of violence, they would burst into flames until they either dropped or stopped of their own accord. Seemed like a good idea to him.

"I was cooking you fucking idiots a nice dinner while you were all getting mouthy in OUR bar." Lucas smiled at Izabel sweetly before shooting a deathly glare at Raider. "And I advise you all just take a hint from the beautiful lady behind the bar because it's either chill or burst into flames. I know you're all a lot harder to kill now but I assure you I am aware you can feel pain." Lucas' smile was horribly creepy in combination with his words. "Now, shall we all just move on with the evening, have some dinner and get black out wasted?"

talia

Talia was trying her hardest to keep conversation light but it seemed as if the rest of her compatriots wanted to all get a little testy already. Marnie made a joke to Talia that made her giggle slightly, "Oh I think it's a horseman thing, I'm just less temperamental than this lot I suppose." She shrugged and watched as they all continued and Izabel begged them to stop. Raider just kept talking thought and she reached over, grabbing her mug and chugging her drink before pulling her arm back and sending the glass shattering against the wall to the side of Raider's head. Her entire body felt like it was hot for the split second which was ... strange... but must have just been the temperature in the bar. "Raider, I believe Izabel asked you to stop. Fucking idiot." What did she ever see in this man? Well nothing actually. But... the point stands.

Talia got up and moved to where the broken glass was, cleaning it up as Daphne spoke up about warning the others. "Already? Really?" If doomsday was already fast approaching then shouldn't the four of them be worrying about more important things than petty shit like destroying the bar? Maybe she could get away without doing it anyways...

After cleaning up the glass she tossed it in the trash and jumped a little at Lucas' voice as he walked in behind her. "Wait, what did you do Lucas? Is that why it felt warm when I threw the cup?" Talia was strong as hell but even Lucas' smile made her a tiny bit scared. "R-Right, let's drink then..."

Daphne Harrison

Why was this man so absolutely infuriating? Daphne let out a loud sigh as Raider had another tantrum. He was right, it wasn't his fault the doctors saved her. Daphne was just bitter about so many things, Raider being on the top of her list. The smashing of the glass forced Daphne to flinch and look at Raider to make sure he was okay. Quickly she stood to her feet and made her way to Raider, her hands reaching out and holding his for a moment with a small squeeze. Her tired blue eyes looked up at him "I know you haven't been able to stand me since I've lost my memories. I lost them when I chose to stay on Earth with you, but when I brought you back I remembered everything. Oddly enough now you hate me... I would have asked if you wanted to be a horseman but you were already gone. I was selfish and I wanted you to live, and I still do. I won't apologize for that. You don't have to like me but can you just be civil with me for one night?"

Her hands dropped his and she glanced back at the others while she rubbed her wounded wrists. "Well I think we've had enough pain today, I won't be starting any fights. Thank you for cooking Lucas, and thank you guys for having our rowdy bunch."

--

The dinner was quiet and certainly didn't feel like it did when they all lived together. The tension in the air was thick, and Daphne didn't help it any by being silent throughout the meal. What was the point anymore? After she told Raider how she felt she didn't have the courage to look at him anymore. Whatever was there before was gone, he truly disliked her. Not that she blamed him, she was an awful friend. After the dinner Daphne insisted on doing the dishes dishes; it was a break from the others and gave her time to compose herself once more.

Part of her just wanted to go to bed and scream into the pillow, but she had promised to drink with them. Slowly Daphne moved out to the others and sat at the end of the bar. For some reason she just wasn't in the mood to party or drink.

Last edited:
Izabel Santos

While Izabel wasn't a fan of the 'burst into flames' rune he had on the bar she understood that it was necessary. The world was ending and things got more violent than not, but they needed one place to feel safe. Thankfully, no matter where they went, Lucas was always the thing that made her feel safe. Next to him she felt useless.

The dinner didn't go how she anticipated. She wanted Raider and Daphne to tease and flirt with each other like they used to, she wanted Patrick to hit on Marnie like he had always done. Talia and Edward she was used to being quiet, they used to just scolded people when they were out of line. Why did everyone have to hate each other? Maybe drinking would go better!

As Daphne joined them she shot the girl a sad smile before she finished pouring the fireball shots for everyone. "You're all safe here, let's just relax and have one good night." Izabel placed a shot in front of everyone before she handed one to Lucas. "C'mon, let's make a toast. To us all surviving this mess to be able to drink together like this again. Lucas and all of you are some certifiable bad asses, if any one can survive this its you guys." Izabel lifted the glass and clinked it with Lucas's. "Cheers." With that said she threw back the drink and made a sour expression. "Oh, god. It's been a minute since I've had that." It definitely hit differently than a margarita in the pool.

Patrick O'Connor

Patrick was a handsome fool but that didn't make him an idiot. He didn't miss Marnie nearly saying Mrs. O'Connor as she stumbled with her words. Did she remember? Something did look off about her...ah, it would have to wait until later. Right now he had his mission in his sights to save the world, and if he had to question Daphne or resort to some scare tactics then he would. There was no error tonight and, fortunately for Patrick, Lucas forbid violence. He wouldn't have to hurt Daphne, not tonight anyways.

Patrick thanked Lucas and quietly picked at his food. He periodically glanced over at Marnie to observe her. Just the way she held herself he could tell something troubled her...he'd have to inquire later on. She looked sad, and if she had recovered any of her memories he didn't want her to deal with that by herself. "Thanks Izabel." Patrick took his drink and looked down at the burning liquid. He missed the fruity sweet drinks that Marnie would give him.

"Cheers." Patrick clinked his glass with Marnie before throwing the drink back with a small scowl on his face. "Ugh. Daphne." Patrick stood to his towering 6'5" and made his way to the blonde. "Now you talk about doomsday like it's this concrete thing, like you're going to win. But that's not going to be how this works." He was just laying it all out on the line for her, point blank. Maybe she'd realize he was right and tell her.

"I've been told you're staying with him, like you're his pet or something. Does he beat you? Torture you? Threaten you? Just tell me where to find him and this can all be over with. You know how it's going to end regardless." Patrick was calm and dead serious as he questioned her. "I can say I won't harm you here but out there it's a different story. Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Edward Harrison

As much as he wanted to be the ever living shit out of Raider he just couldn't bring himself to it. Lucas said he'd feel pain, and honestly he wasn't in the mood for that right now. "Aim more at his face next time." Edward chuckled down at Talia as he finished his drink. "Right. Dinner. Let's go." With that said Edward stood and joined the others for dinner.

And what an awkward mess that was. It had been a while since he ate, since it was no longer necessary, but the food wasn't bad. He kept getting distracted though, just being in the same room with Raider made his skin crawl. He was going to have to hit this guy eventually. I mean, how bad could the pain be? This was Lucas we were talking about. He was a demon whipped by a human and not a threat at all.

"I suppose I should say thank you. So thanks for cooking." Edward shot Lucas and Izabel a small smile before looking down at the drink. This was one of the drinks him and Talia had taken shots of that fateful night. The thought brought a red hue to his cheeks as he thought about it. Izabel cheered to their lives and he couldn't help but to chuckle and turn to Talia. "Cheers, gorgeous." He tapped their glasses before he tossed back the shot.

The shot nearly game back up his nose as Patrick started in on his hounding. His fists twitched, his leg tapped angrily, and he felt his body heat with anger. "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? You do realize she's still my fucking sister, right? Being God's new bitch has sure turned you into a I'm uncultured just like your mother, Patrick." Seriously? His sister satan's pet? The thought made him rather uncomfortable. Unfortunately the rage in him got the better. He could hear the dark whisper in the back of his head and he just laughed and stood up.

"I don't need you fucking telling me to get this punk away from my sister, I'm more than capable." Edward grabbed Patrick by the collar of his shirt and threw him across to the other side of the room. And, just like that, Edward began to be consumed by fire. "Oh fuck you Lucas!" He practically hissed as he felt his skin searing from the magical flames. He didn't expect this, but he'd be quick. Plus he could deal with more than a little pain. "Ay pretty boy, any more fucking questions and I'll answer them with my foot in your face. You heard Izabel, we're here to have a good time. Not to play 20 questions."

talia

"Cheers." Talia smiled softly over at Edward as he held his drink out to her and she took her own shot, collecting everyones empty shot glasses and placing them on the bar gently once done. "Izabel do you mind if I just... grab a bottle? I was a lush before but now it's so much harder to get drunk." She chuckled and made an attempt at keeping heavy conversations away for the rest of the evening... honestly it would have been better for her as well considering every few minutes all she could think about was how she needed to handle her task, no matter how much she didn't want to.

Only, the nice banter didn't last long and before the boys were back at it again and Talia found herself frowning at both Patrick and Edward. While she thought Patrick was stepping way out of line, Edward's comment was a LOW blow and caused her to let out a small hiss. "Edward, come on..." Talia pleaded with him to stop. Be the bigger man he always had been. She knew being the horseman of rage had to make it a lot harder on him to squash these impulses but still. Izabel was literally begging them all to just get along for one night before everything went further to shit than it already was.

"Will both of you fucking STOP?" Talia shoved away from the barstool, shaking her head at them as she watched Edward grab Patrick by the collar with wide eyes. It was hot but annoying. "Oh fuck hell's sake!" She turned and looked at Izabel with a deep intake of breath. "You know what, let them fight, how about us girls go play some cards and just lose ourselves in a few bottles huh?" Without waiting for an answer she grabbed her old friend by the hand and pulled her off towards a table in the corner.

Raider Thomas

The smashing glass made Raider turn to Talia with literally the dumbest look on his face. "Are you insane woman?!" He didn't get to go much longer before Daphne was suddenly standing in front of him and taking his hands. "W-What? I don't hate you Daphne are you serious? I just- I just didn't know how to handle you not being you..." His voice trailed off as she squeezed his hand and out of habit he glanced over to see if Edward was looking but thankfully he seemed to be too interested in Talia to notice. "Daph I just couldn't bear that you were gone. I mean you were here but not." Before they could continue Lucas was joining and scolding them all, telling them to hurry up and join them all for dinner and Raider sighed, this conversation would have to end later.

Dinner was, dinner. Raider tried his best to just sit, eat his food and keep his fucking mouth shut but god it was hard to not constantly say something snarky to Edward. How did they all end up like this? They used to be like family, closer than family! Up until the rest of them Raider never had friends other than Edward! They had gone on vacations together and a few times Raider had even spent holidays with their family when Daphne was missing... now they couldn't be in the same room without trying to kill each other.

After their meal Raider thanked Izabel and Lucas quietly, watching Daphne as she took the plates and cleared the table for everyone. It gave him a burning sensation of nostalgia in his chest that made him want to throw up. His eyes didn't leave her as she washed the dishes. Finished. Move to sit at the end of the bar. They didn't leave her when Edward and Patrick started fighting on the other side of him. All he could do was focus on what she had said... her memories were back and she wanted him to live... An old part of Raider told him to stay sitting for his friendship but Edward already hated him and you know what? Maybe if it wasn't for his STUPID rule, some of this shit could have been avoided way earlier. The new Raider was over it and stood up quickly, swallowing his nerves as he walked over to where she sat and pulled up a barstool, sitting across from her.

"Hey Daph? Don't murder me ok?" Without waiting another second Raider reached out and pushed back her blonde hair from her face before sliding his hand behind her neck and pressing his lips against hers.

Marnie Harris

"Oh come on Izabel, you're a badass too! I mean you're handling all this nonsense rather well if I do say so myself." Marnie grinned at her friend as she took the shot and held it in the air before clinking with the others and finally Patrick. She took the shot and by the time she was done with it Patrick was already making his way over to Daphne, her eyes going wide as he started to speak. Marnie was aware that he had questions for her but... this wasn't the time or the way to do so. Patrick always had a strange way of speaking but he had gotten much MUCH better since she first met him but this was just hostile...

"Patrick, maybe we do this in the morning? I understand we have to talk about this but..." The tall woman stood from her seat and brushed the raven colored lock of hair from her eyes as she started to join them where they stood, intending to pull Patrick away from her best friend. Only she didn't make it two steps before Edward was up and moving, spitting an insult at Patrick that made Marnie glare a bit. Quickly shit turned to chaos, Edward threw Patrick across the room and promptly turned into flames. Marnie took half a second to be impressed that Lucas was telling the truth about the fire thing before her senses kicked in thanks to the danger and her wings sprouted from her back once more.

"Oh no no no." Marnie spoke to herself and shook her head to clear away the need to step in. Patrick deserved this one... plus while Edward was angry as hell, she didn't expect him to kill Patrick, not here at least. "You got this Patrick! Yell if ya need me! Watch your mouth next time big guy!" She waved from across the room and turned to apologize to Daphne only to find Raider there, swooping in and taking advantage of the chaos.

"Oh wow." Marnie averted her eyes quickly, like a toddler, and shuffled over to where Izabel and Talia were sitting. "So... hows the apocalypse treating you guys?"

Daphne Harrison

“You’ve gotten mighty brave.” Daphne rolled her eyes as Patrick approached her. Deep down she knew they were still friends but circumstances made them turn on each other. Though, it was just Patrick. If push came to shove she’d knock his ass out. “A pet?” Silently she scoffed and downed the shot Izabel gave her. Thankfully Edward was throwing Patrick across the room.Whatever little spell Lucas had in place set Edward on fire. “Cool it you two, I’m not treating any battle wounds.”

Raider was the next to approach her and Daphne just wanted to run and hide. He said he didn’t hate her earlier, and as much as that put her at ease she still felt incredibly guilty. To her surprise he didn’t seem angry and moved in close to her, her cheeks turning a bright red the closer he got. His hand moved to the back of her neck, and as much as she didn’t want him to see the burns she didn’t fight him. “Raider?” Don’t murder him? But then his lips pressed against hers and she instantly melted.

Raider was the first guy to steal her heart, and for a second she forgot they were in a room with all their friends. Her hands snaked around his neck as she eagerly returned the sweet kiss. It took a minute for Daphne to process what they were doing and where they were doing it, so she pulled away from him with a bashful smile and red cheeks. She looked around and gave a small nod. "I'm uh, going to go drink with the girls. We can pick this up later, and if you're lucky enough I might even sleep with you again." In hindsight that wasn't the best thing to say with Edward in the room, but to be frank she didn't care anymore. They could all die and she wanted to spend the rest of life with Raider, no matter how short or long that life may be.

With a small wink and smirk she stood, ran her fingers through his hair, and proceeded to walk over to the girls. She grabbed a pack of cards and started to shuffle them. "You guys up for a game? Good thing Patrick's not playing, he's terrible at cards. Right Marnie?" Something she said earlier still bothered Marnie. She nearly said Mrs. O'Connor, and she would only know that name if she had her memories back. "Hows the apocalypse for you? Everything still okay?"

Izabel Santos

Marnie wanted to include Izabel in the bad ass category but Izabel didn't believe it herself. She had no special powers, no special role in this. If it wasn't for Lucas she would have been killed by now, that part she was sure of. "I'm just a human Marnie, I'm really nothing special." Izabel poured her another shot before quickly drinking it again. Patrick's words made her cough quietly, her brown eyes going big and wide. "Yikes." As soon as Edward moved over to Patrick she could tell it was going to be trouble. Marnie went to intervene but it was over; Patrick was being sent flying into the other side of the room and she winced quietly, watching as Edward lit up in flames. "Hey Lucas your spell worked, way to go babe." There was a bright side to everything, right?

Izabel knew this gathering couldn't happen without Edward hitting someone. Initially she thought it would be Raider, but after Patrick questioned Daphne? He definitely deserved it. Especially when Raider kissed Daphne. Izabel couldn't help but smiling like a dork, it made her remember when her and Lucas first got together. "Huh? Oh, cards! Yeah I'd love a game." It seemed the girls were all making the choice to let the boys fight it out. They'd feel better and makeup afterwards hopefully. With that said Izabel happily followed Talia as she led her to the table in the corner.

Soon enough Marnie joined the pair and she couldn't help but smiling, her smile only brightening more when Daphne joined them. She missed their girl time! "Lucas and I keep pretty busy with the bar, though I do admit I miss exploring. We all seriously need a vacation after this. How are your guys's adventures? Staying out of trouble?"

Patrick O'Connor

Yeah, Patrick deserved everything he got. And as cruel as Edward's words were he was right; Patrick had contemplated torture just because a God commanded it. But he could do things without torture. Hell, he saved Marnie's life by sacrificing his own! He sacrificed for people, not the other way around. That was how Patrick always was. Still, he wasn't pleased when his hulking body smashed against the wall. "I'm trying to end a war Edward! But, fine. I'll go about it nicely, let's just let more souls perish because of some pointless war."

Patrick looked towards Marnie as she walked away and told him to watch his mouth, and he couldn't help but to stifle a laugh and grin widely. "Don't worry Marnie, I've got this!" Out of the corner of his eye he could see Raider and Daphne and initially he was thrilled for them. Finally. The other part of Patrick that just got thrown into a wall seen an opportunity. "Big guy I think you have bigger fish to fry, I'm not the one moving in on your sister. Good looking out, Edward." He pat the burning red eyed man on the shoulder before he sauntered over to the girls.

"Oh, you girls are playing cards? You know Marnie, I never told this to you but we were the best partners back in the day." He grinned cheerfully down at Marnie before pulling up a chair, trying to paint himself better than the loser he was at cards. "I'll just watch you and root for you though. I'll give you pointers if you want."

Edward Harrison

Everyone's protest were for naught, all Edward could see was red. He'd have to apologize for his behavior later but, throwing Patrick? That was like the biggest stress relief, he didn't even want to hit him anymore! And there were more than one ways to end a war, you didn't have to drill and insult your friends. Not that Edward had much room to talk. "Patrick I-" He went to apologize to Patrick as the fire slowly stopped burning him as he stood still. It hurt like Hell and it felt like he was being deep fried, and now that the adrenaline wasn't rushing through his system anymore he felt like a damn fool.

Key word, felt. Once Patrick said something about moving in on his sister he spun around in time to see Raider kissing his sister. Edward grimaced angrily, Raider always just took what he wanted! Well he wasn't getting his sister and he wasn't getting Talia back. He could just rot alone.

The final nail in the coffin was what Daphne said. Sleep together? Again? That hadn't happened at all when they were in the motel. That could only mean..."You fucking asshole. You slept with my sister? Maybe if you would have come to me man to man and asked to date my sister I would have just gotten over it. Raider, I'm going to punch you, light up in flames, and maybe I'll feel better about this whole situation afterwards."

And with that warning said Edward socked Raider in the jaw. The fire slowly started to consume him but damn, the punch felt good and it was worth it. "Be good to her you ass, if you hurt her again I swear you'll get more than a punch to the jaw. And if I see you even looking at Talia in a way I dislike I will knock that look off your face SO fast."

Marnie Harris

Marnie couldn't help but frown as Izabel spoke, of course she was special! How many humans could put up with all this shit? Most humans had high tailed it to safe houses or built their own strongholds of communities. Izabel had stayed with the rest of them and was literally running a bar that was constantly full of literal demons. Hell right now there was fighting going on! Her attention turned away from the table for a moment when Patrick yelled to her and if someone could literally make the little texting face with the dashes she would have been doing it... what an idiot.

Daphne was apparently done with her business at the other end of the bar and had joined the other girls to play cards. Her comment on Patrick's card playing made her scowl slightly and chuckle before sitting up right and eyes going wide at the realization. "Ah, you caught me Daph, that's why your my best friend huh?' She chuckled and smiled gently, instantly shutting her mouth when Patrick walked up behind her. It wasn't that she didn't want them to know about her memories... it was that she didn't want to think about the painful parts. Not right now at least. God was right when he told her she wouldn't be able to handle it... she was stronger than she ever was but just the idea of the torture was enough to make her begin to panic.

Thankfully Patrick's comment about cards and the scraping of his chair against the ground made her laugh. "Y-You? Give me pointers on literally anything. O-kay Patrick." Marnie rolled her eyes as she took the cards from Daphne and looked back up at Patrick with a smirk, "Plus you didn't have to tell me, I already know we're good partners."

Marnie cleared her throat and turned back to the table of her friends. "Staying out of trouble? Oh Izabel if only you knew. Our little horseman friends here are busy sure but at least they don't have bounties on their heads." She laughed as she said it, honestly at this point it was funny to her. "I think all we do anymore is get into trouble."

Raider Thomas

Honestly Raider expected her to slap him across the face, push him away, call him every name in the book. At first he didn't know what to do when she didn't, for a split second his eyes opened and went wide in shock before closing once more and smiling into the kiss. When her arms went around her neck he grinned even wider. Raider had never did relationships... or even emotions... ever with a girl. There was no girlfriends or crushes, only one night stands and attraction. Daphne was different, he had known that ever since the day he took her to the hospital, it was when he finally saw their banter for what it really was.

When they finally pulled apart his fingers brushed against the rough skin on her neck and his eyes glanced down to see the marks on her neck. "Daphne w-" He clamped his mouth shut when she began talking. He didn't want to ruin her time with the others... it might be one of the last times she got to spend with Marnie before it was all out war. For a moment he thanked Satan that Raider was on the same side as both Daphne and Edward because as much as he loved the others... he could handle having to fight them. If it had been Daphne or Eddie, hell even Talia... he wasn't sure he could. "Ri-Right, go have fun. We can hang out later." He reached out with his large hand and scruffed her hair softly before sitting back down as she walked away.

However a minute later it dawned on Raider what she had said... and how it sounded. Apparently Edward had heard as well and was quickly standing in front of him as Raider stood and put his hands up. "Edward look I know how that sounds! We didn't sleep together... well we did but not like that! It was dark and s-" The impact to his jaw made Raider stumble back a few feet and stop talking while he shook away the pain. If he was still human that would have broken the bone... "Come to you like a man?! Are you fucking serious Edward? Maybe you should have treated your sister like a human instead of having this weird idea that for some reason you can pick and choose who she's allowed to date!" Raider walked back up to him, staring him in the eye as he fought the urge to start a full out brawl.

"You know I wouldn't just sleep with your sister without talking to you. And you know I wouldn't have even flirted with her without actually caring about her. I thought you would know that at least. I hoped you thought more of me than that." Raider backed away and shook his head. "Guess not." He grabbed a beer off the bar top and shouldered past Edward to join the others playing cards, sitting in silence and sipping at his drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back