• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AlphaBlueWolf

Moonchaser
Roleplay Type(s)
In the port of Seaway Bay, Australia you’ll hear the locals talk about their famous mermaid. They have pictures too, and some good ones to boot. Being a port town with warehouses and imports galore gets them some good traction. Because of this, the people of Seaway have an opportunity to sell their tale about a mermaid in their bay. Some of the town believes it, some think it's just some superstition or fancy editing to pictures. It's a similar feeling that the loch ness invokes in people. However, the myth is actually true.

A girl born in Seaway (my character) works at The Eden Wildlife Reservation, a place for both Australian animals and those from other areas of the world who are endangered or injured. She helps out her dad, the owner of The Eden who was the one to cultivate her love of animals and nature. She’s a tomboy that works in both the land and marine sectors of Eden. She spends her time exploring the coast and treading on a secret old ship half submerged in the water near Seaway’s famous bordering island. With her legs she traverses the top of the ship while throwing feed for the dolphins below. However, in the water, her legs transform into a tail and fins, and she swims around the lower decks to her heart's content.

This girl was turned into a mermaid by chance. Sirenos Island, off the coast of Seaway, was always rumored to be a place full of evil sirens. Sailors in the old days that survived the raging waters around that spot said they could hear the calls of sirens luring them to their deaths. Any ships that did find their way to Sirenos were thoroughly crushed. After a time, the waters around Sirenos calmed but locals still have their concerns and warn visitors against that spot. In reality, Sirenos lost its mermaids.

Sirenos Island is home to a particular sea cavern that’s extremely hard to find on the island. There is one easier way to get to it. By sea. The girl, seeking adventure, took a boat to Sirenos Island to explore the myths. Through almost drowning, she makes it into the sea cave and gets transformed into a mermaid on the night of a full moon. The transformation comes from the water affected by the full moon seeping into a gash caused by a jagged rock and alters her. On that day, a powerful and unexpected storm began to brew on Seaway, marking the return of the Sirenos mermaids.

An expedition to uncover the secrets of Seaway Bay and Sirenos Island takes a family from America to Australia. Another girl (your character) moves as her parents lead an important job to figure out if The Mermaid of Sirenos, as the locals call her, is real and what implications that could mean as a new marine species. As Marine biologists and researchers their job in Australia is to examine Sirenos Island and the myths surrounding it.

The girls end up enrolled at the same high school and meet, beginning a budding friendship and relationship while staying relatively innocent at the start of the secrets both possess. Hints get out and tensions rise with your character’s parents hunting down The Mermaid of Sirenos who in reality is a teenage girl with no one to help her out with the changes to her body and life.

Maybe your character's parents catch mine in a net, but before they can reach her your character sets her free. Afterwards they make some sort of pact to help each other out and figure out the magic of Sirenos together.

Fun little idea I've got with some good teenage antics and romance paired with supernatural elements.
Things I look for in a partner:
- I'd prefer a minor as a roleplay partner or someone fairly close to eighteen for my personal comfort as a minor
- Be fairly active (Really one reply a week to multiple replies a week if you can manage; something like that would be nice)
- lit to semi lit (a couple paragraphs with detail will work fine)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back