• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Men of the Mountain CANCELLED

Moldie

Modpurger Edgelord
"The Men of the Mountain"

1548522718618-png.532225

“Under peaks of frozen stone, the men of the mountain live alone
Tall as can be, they watch over you and me

Under peaks of ice and snow, the men of the mountains fires glow
Far to the east, within their burrow they feast

Under peaks of a gods forge, the men of the mountain guard hells gorge
The gate they must keep, as you lay safe asleep”

A children's rhyme titled “The men of the mountain”. As a young girl I used to love it, but of course, it’s nothing but a legend... according to most. The men of the mountain, keepers of the gate of Krogmad. Not many have heard the stories about how they forged the iron gate to seal of the Demae… Obviously, it didn’t work, or at least it doesn’t anymore. Like a curse they ravage our lands, as they’ve always done, just another inconvenience of existence I suppose. I too viewed the stories as nothing but a lively imaginations work of fiction, that was until I found… the “Evidence”. It’s been near a half year since I found the scriptures in fathers old study now, deciphering the language has been a challenge but great progress has been made. Now, as for my breakthrough. The cryptically misplaced text of the opening page, it’s a map. Rather than illustrating the environment, it uses descriptions of landmarks! I am not sure how this has escaped me for so long, but nonetheless I’m very excited with this revelation! I plan on setting off as soon as possible, one might note this as hasty and immature, but I can no longer wait and I am confident in my findings so far. To my disappointment the army and armed guard are occupied with the Prician conflict and I am to expect no support from their part. I will simply have to recruit my own band, although I do not trust mercenaries, what are my options?

Signed, Danica Serryl

-Extract of Danica Serryl’s personal papers-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Men of the Mountain RP

1548522298965-png.532224

A fantasy RP with the focus of the great journey from the far western kingdoms of the two lake pact, to the mysteries of the far east. A young studied woman by the name of Danica Serryl has decided to recruit a band of mercenaries to help her upon her quest to investigate a series of scriptures pointing eastwards. With hopes of discovering the truth of the so called “Men of the mountain” who supposedly guard the gate to the land of the Demae, or Demons, as one might refer to them. In this world, magic is considered inherently evil, as it always will require a transfer of power, a sacrifice of life. This is the expertise of the demae, who plague the world with their presence.
Our party will travel through the wilderness as well as civilization, fight through war and defeat beasts, discover ruins and possibly treasure, and of course, the secrets of the so called men of the mountains. This story will play out in an era resembling earth's mid renaissance, but with a massive fantasy flare of course. Primal fire arms will be a thing, although not widely used. Although much more lore and information is to come, I do want the world to be player driven and for people to able to introduce new concepts.

--------------------

-Rules-
(Other then the mandatory site rules)

1. Pay attention to each other's writing and give people something to work with.
2. I expect quite a good sense for writing and grammar.
3. This won’t really be a particularly exaggerated fantasy world, people won’t be wearing armor three times their body size, wield massive weapons and fight mountain sized monsters. I expect all players to respect the boundaries that will be set. I do not want the RP to be too realistic neither, but have some open space to make things a bit more “epic”.
(More rules and information will come, but I’m leaving this as is to see if it garners any interest :) )

ooh, I kind of have the idea of playing gun toting Grandma. Or a Bard with some sort of blade in one of her instruments. :3

I'd be interested in playing a survivalist-type character.

I would love to join this!!! I've got the most perfect character for this type of genre. Is it too late for me to join?

I want to play a pair of killer siblings who also constantly complain about the cold......
I’m interested

Moldie Moldie Wait, was that [CANCELLED] always up there? I understand if something happened, but is there a specific reason for this being cancelled?

Moldie Moldie Wait, was that [CANCELLED] always up there? I understand if something happened, but is there a specific reason for this being cancelled?

Sorry to dissappoint, added it today. I'm happy this got so much attention, but a combination of a few things nodded to it better being cancelled then starting only to instantly die. Another reason is that I wanted to focus on my new RP project, I don't feel it was particularly wise to reboot this one to begin with. I hope that answer sufices.

Sorry to dissappoint, added it today. I'm happy this got so much attention, but a combination of a few things nodded to it better being cancelled then starting only to instantly die. Another reason is that I wanted to focus on my new RP project, I don't feel it was particularly wise to reboot this one to begin with. I hope that answer sufices.
No worries, sometimes it takes a few days to realize whether an idea is really something you want to knuckle down on. Best of luck in your new RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back