• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Masquerade Troupe | the Roost and Chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
If not aggressively shot down, Aaron will try and make those stick as their official villain titles.

Soooo, how adept at our powers would be at the outset? Would people instinctively know what they are/how to use them, are they activated each in the same way (so Aaron or Ryan could effectively teach us) or is it up to us and would we grow more powerful with them over time?

Ryan started to manifest his powers almost immediately, but in random, uncontrolled ways. It took months to master the basics, and years to get to where he is now.

Soooo, how adept at our powers would be at the outset? Would people instinctively know what they are/how to use them, are they activated each in the same way (so Aaron or Ryan could effectively teach us) or is it up to us and would we grow more powerful with them over time?
Level 0. Most will probably not even know what their power is without going through a long process of trial and error. Mostly trial. Lots of difficult trials.

Ryan found out his power early on (his was and is extremely unsubtle), but the rest of the old flock took weeks of training before their powers showed for the first time. Poor Angela nearly killed Bird when she used hers for the first time, and poor Aaron nearly got killed by Bird when he used his for the first time. Good times. Aaron has many pairs of rose-tinted glasses where Bird is involved.

They will become more powerful over time, but most of the "power-up" scaling should come from getting more comfortable and creative with using the power, rather than screaming PlusUltra! and burping out a hundred more blinding timey-wimey paint bubbles than you were capable of five minutes ago.

...My bad 😅 was going for an initial uncontrolled burst of the power there as we first received it, more for dramatic effect not just able to pull it out on cue

Imagine Haruto belching after a good meal and accidentally setting the kitchen on fire. Of your character wanting someone slow moving to just get out of the way and they suddenly take off like an Olympic sprinter. Good random stuff.

Tarmagon Tarmagon That'll def happen in the beginning, esp. if he eats spicy food (which just so happens to be his favorite taste, so keep on the look out for that 😉)

Also, I guess Haruto is on a similar path as Ryan in terms of learning their respective powers. Like Ryan, Haruto was instantly aware of his power (or at least how his body is affected by it), but will probably spend the first few mouths spitting elements/objects randomly. Would this put him at "level 0," or would he be too proficient?

...is it bad that Charlottes description is accurate? Also in terms of positioning in the group, I saw her being like Makoto or Futaba

Nah, I think having an accurate description for Charlotte is good. She'll def bring some sass/drama to the group xD. You're talking abt the Persona series when referring to Makoto/Futaba right?

Ah ok, I'm not too familar w/ Persona so I can't make an accurate judgement based off the comparison. As for Charlotte's personality, we can only decide whether she's too "bitchy" once there's more interactions in the RP. Don't stress about it :>

So do I, I'm just hoping that she isn't going to be to annoyingly bitchy to the other teammates

That, may actually fall under 'a LOT'. Kimi puts her art on a pedestal. But unless Charlotte does it intentionally, it may be hard for her to wash away her art- by accident.

Tbh I can see Kimi and Charlotte getting along, or atleast tolerating eachother. Kimi loves cleanliness and Charlotte loves grooming herself. And both of them enjoy the night time and hate unkempt things.

Kimi LOVES adoration and the one way crush thing is interesting, Kimi's maternal and sentimental habits will make her return the fruits/gifts that come from Charlotte's doting. Id imagine from not knowing eachother much, it could probably lead to some confusion on Charlottes part when Kimi returns to give her,her own gifts.

Charlotte would just assume that Kimi is gay and is playing hard to get and will be trying to give more and more expensive gifts

It just turns into a confusing gift off between the two that will have trouble ending unless they're broke or Kimi realizes whats going on,the thought is hilarious/wholesome af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back