• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Marriage. Private with Kingsley

Finally the pool was filled up and Snow, David, and Theo all sat down on the couch to take a breather. Jessie, Julie, the midwife, and Snow’s mom were all with Harlow talking to her and trying to help her through the pain. Snow got up after a few minutes and joined the women and took Harlow’s hand and said “Not long now. You’re doing great sweetheart.”

After the pool is filled the midwife advised me to get in because it could help move me along further and so I stripped off clothes and left myself in just a sports bra. I relax in the water and the contractions are definitely getting more painful. I was kneeling in the water with my arms leaning on the side of the pool and I close my eyes when a strong contraction hit me. I’m so happy with all of our support around me but it’s also so painful. I smile up at you squeeze your hand.

David, Theo, and Snow’s dad were all in the other room with James talking about the weather among other things. Snow smiled back at her and said “You can do this.”

I glance outside and I see the winds whipping around the trees. “I can’t wait to meet our baby.” I say smiling up at you and I kiss your hand. The midwife climbs into the water with me to check the babies heartbeat and check my dilation. “You’re now 6 centimeters.” She says and I nod smiling. Suddenly there’s a crack of thunder and everything around us goes out. We’re soon in darkness beside the little bit of light that’s coming through the windows from it only being about 11am.

Snow stood and told the girls he’d be back before leaving the room. He found the other guys in the living room with their phone flashlights on and said “Alright we need to light as many candles as we can. I’m not sure when the power will be back on so we need to be prepared if it doesn’t come back on soon.” David, Theo, and his dad nodded as they started lighting the candles spread throughout the cabin. Snow came back into the room where the girls were with a lighter and started lighting the candles in the room.

(I can only imagine how that cabin would smell XD)

(Strong XD)

I watch you leave and I just continue relaxing in the pool with a contraction. I was hoping our baby wouldn’t be brought into this world in darkness and I was hoping we had some candles around here to light up the place. When I saw you with a lighter I was relieved and I give you a smile. It’s starts getting brighter in the room and I reach my hands out for you. “I’m so ready to meet our baby.” I say rubbing my belly and I get another contraction. I breath heavily and I close my eyes. “How are we going to keep the water warm? It’ll get cold after a few hours.” Julie says and I didn’t even think about that.

The few people in the room laugh and I just giggle. “I think it’ll be fine. The water isn’t off is it?” I asked glancing around and I rub my belly. “Or they’ll just come before it gets warm.” I say with a laugh.

(Skip to a few hours later maybe like 10?)

(Alright)

Ten hours later Snow was sitting beside Harlow as she squeezed his hand tightly as she tried not to scream. He knew it was almost time for their child to be born. The midwife was preparing to deliver the child and the other women in the room were trying to help out the best they could.

After 10 hours of intense pain it was almost time to meet our baby and I couldn’t wait to meet them. We were in the dim lit room with the candles around us and it felt like a romantic night with thunder and lightning outside. My midwife comes over to me and she kneels beside me. “Okay when you feel a contraction you’re going to push and we’re going to count to 10. When the baby is out just grab them and pull them to your chest.” She tells me and I nod my head squeezing your hands as I kneel over the side of the pool. I feel a contraction and I push letting out a groan as the midwife counts for us.

Not long after, the loud cries of a newborn were heard. The midwife (can’t remember her name XD) took the baby carefully from Harlow and said “It’s a girl!” Snow smiled and said “I knew it! Is she okay?” The midwife nodded and said “She’s perfectly healthy from what I can tell.” She wrapped her in towel and handed her to Snow before helping Harlow out of the tub. He looked down at the little girl and knew that he’d do whatever he could for her.

(Sorry been a busy couple of days! Hope you’re doin okay!)

I catch the baby as she falls into the water and I lift her up hearing her nice loud cries. I hear the midwife announce it’s a girl and I just start crying happily as I look at our sweet little girl being handled by the midwife. After I delivered the placenta and you cut the cord I get out of the pool with help from the midwife. She helps me get covered up with a towel and I sit down beside you seeing you holding our little girl in your arms. “She’s perfect.” I whisper softly to you.

Snow smiled and said “Yes she is. Just like her mother. I’m so proud of you sweetheart. Are you ready to let her meet her best friend and the rest of our family?” Everyone had left the room at this point and were waiting in the living room for the couple.

(Sorry! I was having a serious conversation earlier)

“Hold on I just want a moment alone with her and you.” I whisper softly to you and I take her from you. I lay her on my chest and I look down at her little face. “She’s so adorable. I love her so much.” The midwife comes over and asks if she can measure the baby. I hand her our baby and she takes her to where her stuff was set up. She weights the baby and measures her height. She puts our baby in a diaper for us and brings her back swaddled up.

Snow smiled and said “She’s so going to be the center of attention. We’re going to have to keep our eyes on her.”

I hold our little girl in my arms and I can’t stop staring at her. “She’s going to be loved so much and I can’t wait to see her and James grow up together. It’s going to be the best of times.” I slowly stand up from the bed and I slowly walk towards the living room being very sore. I had a robe on with a big pad and panties on underneath of it.

Snow held the girl and helped Harlow walk out of the room. The others looked up from their conversations as they entered and saw that the baby and mother were okay. Snow smiled as he looked at Harlow and then back at the group and said “Everyone, I’d like y’all to meet Lillian Grace Ashe. Lily for short.”

(Did we ever come up with a middle name?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back