• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Mark Of A Rider [OOC]

yo yo yo

Thanks for making the threads!

I was just thinking about magic. I'm not sure if I want our characters to be born with actual magical abilities or not. Like, their magic is being able to communicate with their dragons, who possess magic to communicate with them, if you get me. Maybe they'd have the opportunity to learn magic later in the RP, maybe they discover spells and stuff linked to being dragon riders. Just think it might be a bit full on to have them all have different abilities and such separate from dragon riding.

Though if you had other ideas about it I'd like to know ^_^

boi boi boi

No problem :3

Yeah, I see your point. People are born with their magical abilities in this fantasy world(Magic varies a lot)? Perhaps our characters innately thought that they had no magical abilities(perhaps half of the population aren't born with magic or something). Sounds good! I like your reasoning :3 Perhaps depending on their dragon, they all learn slightly different spells.

What do you think about the idea that the marks that appear on our character's bodies, are the same colour as their corresponding dragon's eyes/scale? And perhaps these marks glow when they use their spells.
I've just realized how scattered and unorganised this post is ;-;

Yeah, I like the sound of that. Perhaps my older guy already knows proper magic (spells linked to his dragon), but keeps it secret for whatever reason. It would make sense seeing as he's experienced.

I love that idea.

I'm just about to do some lore work, think I'm going to draw a shitty map to go alongside it aha. Seeing as I have no responsibilities to get up early tomorrow morning, I can stay up late-ish to work on it x)

don't worry about it man my posts are the definition of unorganised unless I'm really trying

Ooo, sounds sneaky! Loving it~

Glad to hear it :3

I appreciate the effort! Much HYPE! Looking forward to it, but don't push yourself ^^
The real question now, is how I'm going to remember everything we discussed :')
Probably going to have to look over our PMs and this OOC a billion times whilst writing our CS's and during the roleplay haha.

so the guy the five of them meet is one of the Princes of Fides (Brannen), nice bit of royalty to add to the mix! the characters can be from any of the kingdoms and of any status, I imagine Brannen would be able to get a message to them to inform them asap

would be cool if we had one from each kingdom though!

Why did the old Durus King go on a rampage and try to eradicate the dragons after failing to conquer Ora? I don't see a reason for that there. Like, why the poor dragons? ;-;

I was expecting more diverse kingdoms, such as deserts, tundras and forests, but nonetheless, I do like what you've created! In order to keep this more of a roleplay where we're both actively creating lore, I hope you don't mind me expanding on what you've written here, in my CS's and in the roleplay :3

Oh and also, for the dragon creating bit, could you let me create 3 as well? That way both our ideas would be mixed together :P Just link me to the dragon game-thingy~

Imagine Ora would've called upon its dragon riders, or the riders of allied kingdoms to help! Therefore resulting in a horrific defeat for Durus and ultimately, complete embarrassment!

The environment of the kingdoms could be easily changed, Durus for example would suit tundra, and Multum would suit a vast forest. I can give those a review! I imagine the closer south west you'd get there'd be desert, so Sero/Fides would probably have some.

And yeah no problem! I've already designed Brannen's dragon because there had to be an established connection. I've been playing around with green and purple, and Brannen's has an orange/brown one. Just to let you know so there isn't too much overlap in colours! Create-a-Dragon Flash 2.0

I was thinking of Latin names for the dragons? Like, they come with a name. Only because the kingdom names are Latin x) It's not a necessity though aha.

Actually I'll post Brannen's dragon in the lore thread (for now) - I think I'm going to keep the designs/accessories fairly simplistic like his, maybe jazz it up on the others, don't want them to look completely unrealistic aha.

I see, I see! Thank you for the clarification haha. I suspect we shall have to create each kingdoms reason for disliking/or beginning to tolerate magic.

Oh wow, thank you so much! Sorry I just like a lot of variety, as you can tell. Even in the enviroment!

Alrighty, I shall hopefully remember to avoid the colours green, purple and orange/brown!

Ooo, I really like that idea! Challenge accepted >:-)

That's no problem, I should really be heading to bed too. Just had to finish up a drawing of an OC I made :P

Thanks for the reference image! Perhaps the amount of accessories/designs could relate to the personality of the dragon? Ideas, ideas xDD

Yeah aha, the history and the complexity of the kingdoms can wait for now, there'll be plenty of time to develop that!

You can use those colours in the design obviously, but like, those are the base colours! ^_^

Calor means glow because of his yellow eyes, I think Brannen's established magic is going to have something to do with sight actually.

You're drawing your OCs? That's so cool man, I have zero talent. Normally I find a realistic looking drawing for these roleplays rather than a real-life face-claim - it feels more medieval(y). Or I don't bother with a pic at all!

Of course aha x) Although accessories can always be added/collected as time moves on. I can't imagine a dragon coming out of an egg with a scarf on lol. I probably will still include some accessories like I did with Calor, the dragon rider kit just looks too good to leave out aha. In terms of patterns though, I more than happy to see what you can come up with!!! I bet they'll look fab.

The excitement got to me :P

Intriguing idea, looking forward to reading more about this character of yours~

Well, not for CS's. If there's a roleplay I'm particularly liking at the moment, I tend to draw my characters for them just for fun. Ah yeah, I prefer drawn/anime face-claims rather than realistic ones, but I don't mind what you use :P
Here's what i accomplished a little while ago:
full
She's in her typical teaching attire.

Pfft, that'd be hilarious, but ultimately not possible xD

Haha....the pressure is real. what happens if my dragons are garbage? *cries*

Alrighty, I've completed one dragon. Feel free to give your opinion on it and stuffz. I shall complete my other 2 dragons, as well as begin at least one CS tomorrow. If you could edit your kingdoms post to match with the new landscape, that'd be great ^^ If not, I don't mind doing it :P

I'm going to have to write out reply to these messages tomorrow man, I'm so tired xD but just quickly, the dragon looked awesome and you can edit the kingdom terrains if you'd like, if not I'll do it tomorrow!

Alright no problem! I tried to sleep, but couldn't, so I guess I'll just continue working on stuff here :/
Thanks dude, and I'll be sure to do that nowz~

Okay, now hopefully, since it's 4am, I'll actually be able to sleep, since i feel tired. See you later today lmao ^^

Your second dragon looked fab! I'm just about to upload my two and write their notes ^_^ I'll probably be able to get my characters up too at some point today. I think I'm going to have a girl from Multum, a boy from Cincta and obviously my Prince from Fides. Happy to change them if you wanted to use one of the others, the girl from Multum would work in Durus, and the boy from Cincta would work in Ora/Sero.

That drawing is so good! Wish I could even comprehend how to draw a human lmao.

Thanks! I actually struggled finding a suitable colour scheme to make everything look right haha. Yeah, the notes don't need to be very descriptive, just little notes on the dragon's personality or something ^^ Yup! Those kingdoms sound good! I actually already started creating a girl from Durus :3

Haha thanks! For some reason, I've decided to extert myself and create my OC digitally, so forgive me if it takes a while to get my CS up :/

I mean, I don't mind, but some heads up would've been nice, since I was in the process of designing my other dragon ^^

Omg sorry, I must've had a brain fuzz! I'll remove it, I think I confused myself about how we were going to pair up the dragons and humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back