• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Marauders - A Star Wars Tale

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lexa jumped slightly from her position in the middle of a nest of wires and parts, she sends a glare over at the dustbin that disturbed her, "Dammit your back, I hoped that those scavengers might get you out of my hair", she sighed and put down the tool that she was using before standing "If your back I guess that means cap is ready to get off this dust ball", She walked out of the engine room, as she brushed passed R5 she made a small motion with her hand picking the droid up with the force and bringing it floating along behind her to the cockpit. Once Lexa reached the co-pilots chair she lowered the droid back to the ground near the door, at the same time she reached onto the console and began priming the engines though they would likely be low on power until all of the radiators were re-opened.
Jadus Jadus

Scavenger Scavenger HK Fifty HK Fifty Epiphany Epiphany LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

The Bastille takes a bit, but the old girl got up and out of the atmosphere like a champ. They begin the beeline towards Coruscant, the home base awaited, truth was Jalen needed a nice long swim.

Several hours later....

The crew made it home now safely back at their HQ, Jalen got that swim he wanted though now he was lazing around the groups common area pondering their next move. R5 wheeled about making sure that the shields and camo were good on their base. The others were about their business but it was time he got to talking, he gathered some intel that might prove useful. Walking to the war room he says over the intercom “alright guys, lets figure out our next move”

"That depends on how charitable you're feeling," Sasha said, stepping into the war room dressed down to a simple tan shirt tucked into a pair of brown pants. It's a casual look that did a (probably purposeful) job of drawing attention to the Chiss woman's striking dark skin and wine-colored eyes. With a towel around her neck, she looked freshly showered and despite the heaviness of the Maruader's war room, there was a certain lightness of presence in the Jedi Shadow. A woman at peace with the Force, with life and with herself.

Or romance agreed with her.

"With the resources we have here, I did some digging. I think I've turned up our lead." Sasha dropped into a chair next to a display terminal before keying in a data query that pulled up a projected holographic face. "Rahm Kota. Jedi Master. General. From what my sources can tell me, he's involved in some kind of rebellion effort. It wouldn't surprise me if his ambition was to overthrow the Empire. Clearly his reach exceeds his grasp or he'd have made sure we didn't survive our assignment."

The Chiss surveyed the room and her companions, sensing their mood and reactions as she dispassionately laid out her analysis. "In the decade since the Order was disbanded, Kota's been active in resisting the Empire. Although his war records suggest he wasn't the typical Jedi himself, he seems to have clung to our old order more fiercely than most of us. There's some evidence he's not fond of former Jedi who forsake their vows. Especially mercenary Jedi, so to speak."

"If you ask me, I think he hired the Cathar intermediary to put us onto an assignment that would take us out of the picture because of fear. The Marauders are an effective, renowned team. It may be only a matter of time before the Empire's continued failure to bring Kota down leads them to try hiring us for the assignment. The General's a tactician; he's trying to move pieces off the board before they can be brought to bear against him."

"Which leaves us where we are now and my first question; how charitable do you feel like being? Kota was one of our own. And, if I'm being completely honest with myself, I admire the fact that he's still fighting the people who destroyed our lives. Killing him removes a threat against the Empire, which I don't particularly like. That said, I don't think we can put up with him trying again. One way or another, some kind of confrontation's needed here. Either to kill the man or at least convince him never to try to kill us again."

Having said what she came to say, Sasha pushed the holographic image of the General into plain view at the center of the room, giving the team something to focus on while they deliberated. For her part, the Chiss then looked to Alashar who'd likely accompanied her. With an arm slipping around her waist, Sasha sighed and rested her head against the other woman's body. What would Alashar do?
Jadus Jadus HK Fifty HK Fifty Scavenger Scavenger LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Last edited:
Alashar was , as ever , directly beside her beloved as they entered the war room. She was clad in one of the stunning Chiss’ more mundane , baggy outfits , a beige jumpsuit with numerous pockets to store tools that helped make it appear less form-fitting. While Sasha was indeed taller than she was , leaving the fabric to seem to hang lower around her legs and arms , she was also more muscular and stocky , leaving it tighter than it ought to have been. As such it complimented her figure more than any outfit she had worn before , though that was very clearly unintentional. She could’ve had the beautiful woman fetch her one of her own outfits , but she had chosen to exit her bedroom with her instead of asking her - and the rest of their comrades - to wait on her. Besides , secretly something about wearing her beloved’s clothes appealed to her , and she hoped it appealed to Sasha in turn. Her short silver hair was still wet , indicating she had chosen to shower herself. Admittedly she had been in dire need of one once she finally removed the stuffy , uncomfortable Ubese disguise she’d donned for the purposes of the mission - it was something of a small miracle that her compassionate , stunning lover had still wished to embrace her so freely.

Regardless of the plainly ill-fitting outfit she wore , the Miraluka raptly listened to the sharply intelligent Chiss’ findings she seemed to possess a level of comfort and calm none of the former Jedi present would’ve seen in her , even the stunning woman she’d known from long before the Clone Wars. While it may have been ambiguous whether Sasha had merely calmed herself or love agreed with her , for Alashar - ever transparent , occasionally even despite herself - there could be no doubt the love and devotion the two women shared had a very positive , calming effect on her. Instead of fretting or worrying she simply admired the azure-skinned woman and the sharp intellect she possessed , drawn to her presence in the Force , her brilliantly blue aura - and , admittedly , while her Force Sight wasn’t particularly sharp she couldn’t help but admire her stunning figure. She smiled as she felt her beloved’s arm around her waist , gently putting her own arm around her shoulders and briefly running her hand through Sasha’s raven-colored hair. She gently pressed her lips to her cheek for a moment , already facing her the whole time she had outlined her findings and thoughts on the matter.

It was true that the idea of another former Jedi being the one to strike at them troubled Alashar , but she believed that her beautiful lover’s unparalleled skills at research couldn’t possibly return incorrect findings. To her , Sasha was simply infallible , and now that she felt a level of peace she couldn’t claim to have before she trusted in all her abilities without fear or concern. Instead of becoming fearful or intensely troubled about their future , she sought to try to use her own intellect to find a solution , trusting her beloved to be able to perform a once-over against any ideas she may put forth. After all , if anyone she knew could make nigh-infallible plans , it was Sasha. She’d do best if she tried to embody her almost impossibly calm , logical , rational intellect. In truth , her thoughts cycled back to one question - ’What would Sasha do?’

It surprised the stocky , muscular woman that she somehow managed to be the first to respond when she had made the decision to choose her words so carefully , but at least that meant her own feelings on the matter would be considered promptly. Or at least , she hoped it did. “If I may be allowed to put forth the idea , I believe we should try to learn why he would choose to strike at us. We are mercenaries , true , but we’re not Dark Jedi , or Sith. I don’t doubt Sasha’s findings , I merely have to question why Kota would choose to expend resources to attempt to destroy us. There are numerous fallen Jedi serving the Empire at all levels , would his cause not be better served striking at them? We haven’t been hired by the Empire , and while I’m aware I can only speak for my own beliefs and convictions , I would never work at the behest of the Empire , nor any of their puppet governments. I’d rather choose to strike against them before I’d choose to carry out their bidding.”

The blindfolded woman paused for a moment , considering something. “The only possible reasoning I can see for Kota choosing to strike at us is pure fanaticism to our old ways , of a sort that has no place in the Galaxy any longer. I..” She bit her lip , not in the reservedly seductive manner as she normally did around Sasha but as if she felt ashamed about what she were thinking. “..will admit to being familiar with such feelings , myself , but even when I was wholly taken by the Jedi Code and the Council’s teachings I never would have struck at one of my felllw Jedi , former or not , unless they themselves had fallen and now carried out the Empire’s bidding. I can’t imagine Kota would either , even if he was more fanatical than I ever was he’d be better served by striking at other targets.”

She sighed , managing to keep her concerns and her fears from overriding her but still feeling troubled despite herself. She simply couldn’t make sense of it , beyond that she trusted in Sasha’s findings absolutely. “I suggest that , at the very least , we stay our blades until we learn why he would choose to strike at us. Personally , I’m in agreement with Sasha - if at all possible , I would like to avoid killing Kota. The more of us that remain to serve as a shield against the Empire the better it is the Galaxy as a whole. And.. I’d never wish to kill any of our fellow Jedi if there was any possible path to spare them. I would hope the light that remains in us all would prevail over any petty fanaticism to our old ways that may remain - even if showing Kota that should require more violence than it ought to.”

Finally finished , Alashar turned back to her beloved and ran her fingers through her soft , luscious hair , gently giving her a very brief kiss on her lips. She didn’t seem as shy about displaying her affections as one might’ve expected , although she’d refute the notion of having gotten more intimate with her beyond an emotional level. She was loyal , devoted , and transparent to a fault , including with her deep affection for the sharply intelligent , stunningly beautiful Chiss woman.

Epiphany Epiphany Jadus Jadus Scavenger Scavenger LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Last edited:
Once they had arrived back, a few things were in order for the marksman. A shower, anx cleaning the sand out of her rifle, mainly. When everyone was at the war room, she had worn black slacks with a grey military jacket and a black shirt underneath, complete with matching gloves and her signature scarf, that complimented it quite well. "I worked with Kota a bit, suprisingly enough. My days weren't as laid-back as some may think... But he was never a bad person. And, while he may have sent us on that mission, it probably wasn't to kill us. He may be doing something that requires eyes off of him. All we were was a diversion, most likely." She commented, keeping her hands in her pockets.

As the team began assembling in the war room Lexa walked in dressed in her normal overalls and top with the overalls tied around her waist, she was intently focused on a small green force attuned crystal that was floating between her hands while glowing slightly with the colour changing between shades of green all across the crystal. Without looking up she spoke after the other's had raised their points, "While I never knew Master Kota I agree with Ashlyn that is unlikely that he was looking to kill us in such a rudimentary trap occupy or delay us is much more likely. But I can have a fish around the black markets if you want, Assuming Sasha's intel is valid any rebellion would likely leave some sort of trace given the large quantities of equipment required".

Jalen runs his gloved hand through the long green head tendrils that adorn the stressed middle aged man. Very many thoughts rush to the fore front of his mind...closing the ebony ovals Jalen had for eyes, the force begins to flow. Reaching into the river of events not yet come to pass, all he can see is a dense black fog. A dense black fog with a pair of red and yellow eyes twitching back n forth as if paranoid. Bringing himself to the present their captain says in a somber tone “Many of us changed after the great surrender...no one expected Master ki-adi-mundi to commit suicide yet the loss was too much for him. It is entirely possible that Kota has remained unchanged after those events, but if he hasn’t. Can you imagine what he may have become? Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view...”
A shudder ripples through Jalens green flesh at the thought. R5K6 bleeps our a confused notification along the lines of “I think....there’s an intruder?”from the shadows steps a brown cloaked figure. Almost seeming to be there the entire time, a rather familiar voice tho a tad gruffer chimes in “Indeed, very well said.” removing the hood of the cloak reveals the greying bearded face of Obi-wan Kenobi. With a gentle smile he ends his entrance with a “Hello there”

Scavenger Scavenger Epiphany Epiphany HK Fifty HK Fifty LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Last edited:
Alashar admittedly hadn’t thought of the idea that Kota had merely used them as a distraction , as their marksman had suggested. While that was entirely possible , she had to wonder why they’d be send against the Hutts instead of the Empire itself , or one of their numerous proxies. After all , for all she knew the Empire didn’t have any true alliance with the Hutts beyond a non-aggression pact and the occasional dealings , certainly nothing that would cause them to rush to the Hutts Defence. It was true that their mission would cause shockwaves in the criminal underworld , but to the best of her understanding the Empire’s shadier dealings with the Hutts and Black Sun were obscured from anything approaching official records - which is to say , wouldn’t it be of little consequence to the Imperials if the Hutts or Black Sun were attacked? Perhaps if Palpatine had chosen to finally exterminate those remaining Jedi that posed a threat to him it may distract the Imperial War Machine , but if he had there wouldn’t need to be provocation for him to come after their group. The Marauders were rather noteworthy enough already , or so she understood.

Nevertheless , the Miraluka had to admit Ashlyn’s idea was somewhat possible. After all , if she actually knew him she likely had a better idea of his motivations than anyone else , save perhaps her beloved Chiss. Perhaps Sasha would interpret it better for her when she chose to voice her opinions , as physchology or divining her enemies’ motives was never among her specialties. She did have to admit that Lexa was right that a Jedi wouldn’t assume such a mission could serve to destroy them , when the war itself had been much more dangerous for every one of them. Still , she didn’t quite comprehend why Kota would choose to harass their small band at all. Notably , she felt chagrin that Lexa would doubt Sasha’s skills at gathering information , though she managed to quell her chagrin quickly.

Being reminded of Master Mundi’s suicide brought a somber mood over the blind Jedi rather quickly , remembering the horrific events following the disbandoment of the Order. She herself had never contemplated taking her own life even in the throes of pure anguish , and had instead chosen a different , darker path for herself. The Chiss woman she adored so highly would notice that she gripped her very tight at the mere mention of it all , as if she found security in her. In any case , the Nautolan had a very sound point that Kota May have become a horrid mockery of the Jedi ideals he once upheld , darker than she’d been even at her lowest. Something in the way he said it sounded almost akin to Master Kenobi’s many wise sayings , though she’d only met him a handful of times before - and not during her best moments , either.

The stocky warrior had nearly drawn her lightsaber when Jalen’s R5 Unit had announced an intruder , fortunately spared from greeting Kenobi with an ignited blade in that he stepped out of the shadows nearly concurrently. Her pale skin reddened slightly as she clumsily disengaged from her lover and bowed , her astonishment as readily apparent as the steel silver color of her hair. “Master Kenobi! I am greatly honored by your presence. I must admit I hadn’t expected you. What guided you here , Master?” She found herself hoping he hadn’t noticed her plain affection for Sasha , as he’d likely lecture her over attachments as most Jedi would be inclined to do. Indeed , the time he may remember her the most for - if he remembers her at all - was a rather intense lecture of Anakin shortly before the Clone Wars , over his reckless tendencies and flippant disrespect of authority.

Jadus Jadus Epiphany Epiphany Scavenger Scavenger LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back