• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Magical Jellyfish Girl Breaks Into Reality TV Island To Live A Normal Life!!!

"Eh?"
"Huh?"

"..."
"..."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT???!!!!!!!!!"
"A Spirit!?" Both of them said in unison, both about this revelation AND a sudden talking wolf alike. "I..." The man now stammered, clearly taken aback. As insane as it sounded, none of them could deny the wonders Turie had done so far. And now, on top of all things, a sentient wolf! At least all of this made more sense than whatever Turie had said before.

"I..." The man kept stammering. "I am sorry..." GIving Turie a deep bow. "I am greatly sorry for pushing you like that!" - "I-It's okay!" Umi gave the man a pat on his back. "I'm a shaman, so, urm, don't worry about it. I'll take care of appeasing her... and also figuring stuff out." She gave the man a nod. In a way, it felt like a slap in Umi's face, as if the past 48 hours had all been a farce, but at the same time, she couldn't deny that the prospect of this was exciting!

"This... this has never happened before, and I..." Umi gave him another pat. "It's fiinnneeeee, maybe, this is why I am here. So just... keep silent about it, yeah?" The man gave her a nod, his demeanor completely drained of all the confidence he had shown before. "Please... please do so." With that, he slowly left. Still looking fearful about that Turie would kill him in his sleep by suffocation or something.

With the two, technically three, left alone, Umi turned back to Turie. "Urm..." Now bowing to Turie instead of the man. "Please do not be upset with us, oh great Spirit of the Ocean. Your humble Servant will aid in your every need. We have simply acted in our best interest, and did not know any better." Gosh darnit, Baba had never prepared her for... for this!

Nonetheless, Turie could now feel a formality she knew too well from her workplace. Except for more respect. Duh.

"Erm…" Turie felt a little awkward as the two stammered over themselves at the new ‘revelation’ she‘d given to them. She already felt kinda bad about this, but Turie had to hand it to Wolfy: the explanation was actually a pretty solid one. Anything weird she could just pass off as ‘spirit powers.’

Why are you so light? I’m a spirit.
Why do you have a talking wolf? I’m a spirit.
Why do you glow? I’m a spirit.
Etc…

Of similar importance: the respect they were giving would hopefully compel them to go along with her wishes of keeping things quiet. The second intruder seemed to go along, and Umi certainly was. Maybe a little too well, that whole bowing thing was weird.

"You don’t have to do the whole bowing thing…" Turie tried her best to end that right away. "I’m not really a uhm… ‘Great Spirit’ or anything. Just a regular, lesser one. And soooo… if the real ‘Great Spirits’ found out about me, the island would sort of… not enjoy itself… very quickly." That was one way to say it certainly. Either way, she’d double down on the importance…

"My point is, there’s certain places that I have to avoid where the spirits can hear, you see. And… no one else should mention me in those places either! Understand?"

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky

Umi tilted her head. Even if Turie had clarified herself of her spirit-being, which would also explain all the other weird occurrences if they were for the sake of hiding her identity, she still made no sense! It was quite a conundrum. Sure, Umi was just a fledging Shaman, and sure she liked to slack off and sleep, and sure she didn't really intend to pursue this kind of profession, AND SURE she liked to do other things than sit around and meditate and stuff, BUT when she put her mind to it, she was actually quite good at the whole shaman deal!

And Umi had never heard about such spirit shenanigans before, ever. BUT how could she even dare to question the great lesser Water Spirit Umi?! If anyone knew more than her than- "You should talk to Baba! She's more shaman than I shaman!" Despite Turie's effort to cut the bowing out, Umi's entire body language was still rather humbling. Maybe not a bow anymore, but her gaze was cast downwards, and her back slightly bent forward. It didn't stop her mouth from asking the important questions, however.

"If I may ask-" She asked, without waiting for an answer. "Why are you revealing yourself like that? And why do you keep that snack around?" She didn't make any particular gestures at implicating the sentient wolf was meant as snack.

Wolfy’s tail stuck straight up as he was suddenly mentioned in a less-than-ideal manner. "Snack…!?" he repeated, letting it hang in the air.

"Uhm… I don’t know, he looked kind of friendly, so I thought I’d keep him as a pet…" Turie answered with a shrug, receiving yet another scowl from the dejected creature. "Anyway, she doesn’t seem to like me very much, and I’m afraid she’d tell the others spirits about me. Maybe she wouldn’t even mean to, but… she’d pretty… you know… in tune with them" And of course, the real problem: she’d be far more likely to pierce through the ruse.

"Anyway, you haven’t even tried the kiwis! They should just be normal kiwis; no weird… spirity goop in them or anything…" Turie wandered out the door, figuring that perhaps she needed to take the lead.

Skyswimsky Skyswimsky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back