• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Madhouse || Asylum Horror Roleplay

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
THE MADHOUSE

> THE STORY
Cherrinford is a small town like any other - a few houses, a grocery store, a bank, a school, and the typical just-a-little-too-cracked pavement. The only thing that sets it apart from any other town in the world is that fact that it is home to one of the most famous mental hospitals of all time—Cherrinford Psychiatric Institution, better known to the locals as the Madhouse. Growing up, kids would get just a bit too close to it for a dare, as adults they take the long way to work to avoid seeing it, and everyone in the town agrees unanimously that it's unsettling to live so close to it. Rumors have always flown about, as they do, of the horrifying things that happen inside the blindingly white walls of the hospital. Parents tell their children ghost stories, of escaped prisoners, of how if you should visit the grounds perhaps just a bit too late in the evening, you might hear the screams of the patients kept inside.

It's all nonsense, of course.

No one really knows except for the doctors and the poor, broken souls held within. It is a place of secrets, that much is known, but no one could ever guess how disturbing the truth is.

xxx

It turns out that the Madhouse isn't what it seems—it isn't even a hospital at all. It's a laboratory. It's patients? The test subjects. The experiments done are disturbing and disfiguring, bordering on torture. The goal? To discover a cure for death, to create immortality. Those held for testing are all, indeed, mentally disabled, but there was never any hope for their recovery, they are but sacrifices for the rest of the human race.

Then something goes horribly wrong.

One of the test subjects breaks out of their room, deformed and hungry for revenge. The hospital is quarantined and all employees are locked inside, trapped in with the monsters that they've created. Is there a way to reverse the damage? A way to escape? Will they find immortality, or meet their ends sooner than ever expected?

> THE ROLEPLAY
Hello everyone! If you've read this far, I assume I've piqued your interest at least a bit. Lately I've been craving a good horror roleplay, full of suspense, disgust, jump scares (the writing version?) and all of that wonderful, chill-creating, goosebump-rising good stuff all horror writers live for. I'd like this to be one of the most intriguing roleplays I've done so far, and I'm very willing to take suggestions on plot, characters, and anything else.

I'm looking for a medium sized crew of individuals who are all literate and capable of writing detailed responses. I'd love to have at least some experienced horror writers to keep the atmosphere nice and dark, but no worries if this is your first time! In this roleplay, I'd prefer a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs, but there's no upper limit—if something really interesting is happening, and you're feeling inspired, write as much as you feel like.

While I do want this to be a very dark, creepy roleplay, I don't want it to be straight, pointless horror. I want to set out with some kind of goal for the end. We can discuss it as a group as we go on, but I'd like to either have the patients escape (leaving room for a Part Two...?), the doctors escape (locking the patients inside), a cure is found (and everyone is back to normal, which is grand, except a tad dry), or an immortality vaccine is created, which could go many different ways. We'll see where the roleplay takes us! Just be thinking about it.

If Discord is something that's available to everyone, then I'm definitely going to make a server. I love getting to know people OOC and chatting, hanging out, having fun. It's one of the most fun parts of roleplaying. I'll ask everyone not to get into fights/drama outside of the roleplay, though!!

If this gets enough interest the appropriate threads will be created sometime this week. My Co-GM is Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

> THE CHARACTERS
The different potential roles in this game are one of the people running the experiments, one of the patients who has escaped but isn't completely out of their mind to a point of being impossible to play, and one of the brand-new nurses who is utterly clueless about what's going on. It might also be fun to introduce an outsider, but since the place is quarantined, I'm not sure if it would work. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to ask, I'm open for anything.

There's no age limit for the patients, playing a child is fine as long as they're not, like, a baby. For the doctors, I'd say 25+ is game. I prefer realistic faceclaims if possible, if not, it's fine, but it would definitely be nice. A picture isn't required if you give a detailed description (for example, if your character has been physically altered by the experiments, there's no need for a photo).

Spots are NOT given on a first come, first serve basis. If I don't like your character, you're probably not going to be in the roleplay. It's nothing against your writing at all—if it doesn't fit my vision for the roleplay, I'd rather not try and fit it in where it doesn't belong.

If we end up with a pretty small selection of players, I'll allow doubling. If you want to make two characters, feel free to do so, but it'd probably work best if they were vastly different (for example, a patient and a doctor or something like that).

You can use the outlines below to create your character if you want, but feel free to add onto them if you feel like it!

Name:
Mental Disability/Disabilities:
Appearance: (Please include a brief description of your character's appearance, OR a picture/face claim.)

Background: (Their past, any significant events)
Physical Health:
Personality: (Optional - only if they're mentally intact enough)
What have the experiments done for them?: (Could be a disability or something like a superpower, could be purely mental or physical. Up to you, within reason.)

Name:
Sexuality:
Are they aware of the experiments happening here?:
Appearance: (Please include a brief description of your character's appearance, OR a picture/face claim.)

Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Education: (More or less what they specialize in, why they're working here, etc.)
Skills:

> THE STORY
Cherrinford is a small town like any other - a few houses, a grocery store, a bank, a school, and the typical just-a-little-too-cracked pavement. The only thing that sets it apart from any other town in the world is that fact that it is home to one of the most famous mental hospitals of all time—Cherrinford Psychiatric Institution, better known to the locals as the Madhouse. Growing up, kids would get just a bit too close to it for a dare, as adults they take the long way to work to avoid seeing it, and everyone in the town agrees unanimously that it's unsettling to live so close to it. Rumors have always flown about, as they do, of the horrifying things that happen inside the blindingly white walls of the hospital. Parents tell their children ghost stories, of escaped prisoners, of how if you should visit the grounds perhaps just a bit too late in the evening, you might hear the screams of the patients kept inside.

It's all nonsense, of course.

No one really knows except for the doctors and the poor, broken souls held within. It is a place of secrets, that much is known, but no one could ever guess how disturbing the truth is.

xxx

It turns out that the Madhouse isn't what it seems—it isn't even a hospital at all. It's a laboratory. It's patients? The test subjects. The experiments done are disturbing and disfiguring, bordering on torture. The goal? To discover a cure for death, to create immortality. Those held for testing are all, indeed, mentally disabled, but there was never any hope for their recovery, they are but sacrifices for the rest of the human race.

Then something goes horribly wrong.

One of the test subjects breaks out of their room, deformed and hungry for revenge. The hospital is quarantined and all employees are locked inside, trapped in with the monsters that they've created. Is there a way to reverse the damage? A way to escape? Will they find immortality, or meet their ends sooner than ever expected?

> THE ROLEPLAY
Hello everyone! If you've read this far, I assume I've piqued your interest at least a bit. Lately I've been craving a good horror roleplay, full of suspense, disgust, jump scares (the writing version?) and all of that wonderful, chill-creating, goosebump-rising good stuff all horror writers live for. I'd like this to be one of the most intriguing roleplays I've done so far, and I'm very willing to take suggestions on plot, characters, and anything else.

I'm looking for a medium sized crew of individuals who are all literate and capable of writing detailed responses. I'd love to have at least some experienced horror writers to keep the atmosphere nice and dark, but no worries if this is your first time! In this roleplay, I'd prefer a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs, but there's no upper limit—if something really interesting is happening, and you're feeling inspired, write as much as you feel like.

While I do want this to be a very dark, creepy roleplay, I don't want it to be straight, pointless horror. I want to set out with some kind of goal for the end. We can discuss it as a group as we go on, but I'd like to either have the patients escape (leaving room for a Part Two...?), the doctors escape (locking the patients inside), a cure is found (and everyone is back to normal, which is grand, except a tad dry), or an immortality vaccine is created, which could go many different ways. We'll see where the roleplay takes us! Just be thinking about it.

If Discord is something that's available to everyone, then I'm definitely going to make a server. I love getting to know people OOC and chatting, hanging out, having fun. It's one of the most fun parts of roleplaying. I'll ask everyone not to get into fights/drama outside of the roleplay, though!!

If this gets enough interest the appropriate threads will be created sometime this week. My Co-GM is Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

> THE CHARACTERS
The different potential roles in this game are one of the people running the experiments, one of the patients who has escaped but isn't completely out of their mind to a point of being impossible to play, and one of the brand-new nurses who is utterly clueless about what's going on. It might also be fun to introduce an outsider, but since the place is quarantined, I'm not sure if it would work. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to ask, I'm open for anything.

There's no age limit for the patients, playing a child is fine as long as they're not, like, a baby. For the doctors, I'd say 25+ is game. I prefer realistic faceclaims if possible, if not, it's fine, but it would definitely be nice. A picture isn't required if you give a detailed description (for example, if your character has been physically altered by the experiments, there's no need for a photo).

Spots are NOT given on a first come, first serve basis. If I don't like your character, you're probably not going to be in the roleplay. It's nothing against your writing at all—if it doesn't fit my vision for the roleplay, I'd rather not try and fit it in where it doesn't belong.

If we end up with a pretty small selection of players, I'll allow doubling. If you want to make two characters, feel free to do so, but it'd probably work best if they were vastly different (for example, a patient and a doctor or something like that).

You can use the outlines below to create your character if you want, but feel free to add onto them if you feel like it!

Name:
Mental Disability/Disabilities:

Physical Health:
Personality: (Optional - only if they're mentally intact enough)
What have the experiments done for them?: (Could be a disability or something like a superpower, could be purely mental or physical. Up to you, within reason.)

Name:
Sexuality:
Are they aware of the experiments happening here?:

Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Education: (More or less what they specialize in, why they're working here, etc.)
Skills:

main | ooc | characters

Last edited:
I am super interested in joining this! Please let me know if I would be a good fit.

hi! so first of all, i don't know how to make my post look all fancy because i am new. i promise i am a good roleplayer though! second of all, i am a college student and i'm taking two online classes right now. i PROMISE i will try to make my character as fast as possible, though. is there a time limit? i will get started on my character sheet today and i will try to finish within a couple of days! sorry for any inconveniences.

hi! so first of all, i don't know how to make my post look all fancy because i am new. i promise i am a good roleplayer though! second of all, i am a college student and i'm taking two online classes right now. i PROMISE i will try to make my character as fast as possible, though. is there a time limit? i will get started on my character sheet today and i will try to finish within a couple of days! sorry for any inconveniences.
It's fine, BBCode is not in any way required, I just like using it because I think it looks cool and I have fun coding it =P As of right now, I'm not putting any strict time limit on it, just whenever you can, however if we get through the week and no one's really posting much then I'll put a date. No hurries!

interested if you're still accepting!!
We are indeed! Hop on over to the CS thread and you can start brainstorming (:

Interested as well! Is there a deadline for character submission I should be aware of?

Edit: nvm, saw this was answered above. I'll try to get something up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back