• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Lunamour Journey IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
It was an otherwise queit and peaceful day for everyone at Portella, Lunamour. It was a summer day, bright blue skies and crystal clear seas could be seen by the Sea-side town. It was warm with few clouds in the sky.

It was a common day for shipments to arrive by sea from the other countries of Yunova. Everyone was doing their usual tasks. Some could be seen selling at their shops in the local marketplace.
The Church itself was open as always, there was always a crowd of people gathering at the Temple to pray or seek advice from the members of the Church.

While not everyone always got along in the different races of Yunova, Portella was a place where people tended to get along better. There was a charm to living in Portella beyond the beautiful scenery and sea. It was a town of opportunity. It was between both the Tower of Magic and the forest leaving the kingdom and led to further locations within the kingdom and a grand sea with endless possibilities ahead.

Some townspeople could be seen fishing or surfing by the sea. While others had their time at the marketplace or other locations like the Temple..

BFabulous BFabulous @Fana @Aurke Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread @marked @Gundam Watcher 27 Yellow Swan Yellow Swan @SilverFeathers Novelight Novelight Beski Beski

Last edited:
DA4C3EC1-0617-43E2-A24C-48D0297D9856.jpeg

Aliqir “Ali” Tailwind

Portella’s marketplace was bustling today, the sun was out and there were clouds in the sky, and where there were clouds, Ali could be found somewhere basking in their carefree passing.

“Hey boy, I know it’s a nice day out, but could you catch some Z’s somewhere else?!” A distraught shopkeeper hollered to a dozing off Ali, who had made himself comfortable on the canopy of his stall. Ali was in a trance, he’d heard nothing. The shopkeeper, a middle aged Yunovan man with brushy looking mustache and poorly hidden balding head grumbled at Ali’s dismissal. The man untied the cloth canopy from one of its posts which quickly gave under Ali’s weight. The boy’s eyes flicked open and just before he hit the ground, he stopped.

Ali took a moment to attune back to reality, looking around at the angry shopkeeper and several bystanders. A few children were clapping and cheering at the display. A gale of wind had caught Ali’s fall a second before he’d hit the ground. He gave a feigned innocent smile, “Oh, sorry sir. I didn’t realize you were open.” He snickered, dismounting from the wind hammock and rising to his feet.

“Yeah, yeah. Now are you buying something or do I need to page the guards?” The shopkeeper barked, fixing his stall once more, but when he turned back around Ali was already out of sight. The boy had just turned a corner, chuckling with a following of children made up of Portella’s various races. “Ali! Ali! Can you do the trick to ring the church bell?” One child cried out with an eager grin.

“Ali! Care to help bring the ships in to port!” Another voice called out, a familiar voice of one of the dockmasters. Feeling the tug in two different directions, Ali pulled his hands behind his head with a nervous chuckle. “Oh man, I’m sorry guys, but uhhh, ma’s got dinner ready and I can’t keep her waiting-BYE!” He yelled, taking off down an alleyway without looking back. As he navigated his way through a few roads, he found himself right back at the town square, letting out a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Yohan Rhaegyr
ALUMNI OF THE VORFREUDE INSTITUTION
The livelihood of Lunamour felt rich for the Veinhardt mage, who could be seen strolling through the streets of Portella with his exotic choice of apparel exposed for the public to notice. Unlike the common outfit of the Lunamour people, Johan did not lose his traditional style and chose to wear his alumni regalia from his previous education, almost proudly.

Wearied after countless hours of wandering the town for quality materials for his future endeavors, a spark of entertainment could be seen from the corner of his eye, as he caught a glimpse of an individual who seemed to be more animated than the commoners within the crowd. With his trademark smile the mage approached the exhausted boy, careful to not startle him.

"To be able to exhaust so much energy during afternoon hours, I can respect the vitality you possess." Johan attempted to make his introduction, but in the midst of his speech he paused, unsure if his words were suitable as a proper greeting. "Or... perhaps, the people of Lunamour participates in a more casual salutation."

Johan cleared his throat, "Ahem. If that's the case⁠—good afternoon, adventurer. You wouldn't happen to know a shop known for its finest charms, would you? I heard that a traveler such as myself could use one to avoid calamities. I can compensate for your troubles, if you prefer a fair exchange."
Beski Beski SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:
Zezzy
Somewhere in the midst of Portella there is a shadowed alleyway made of mossy stone stairs that lead down to an old wooden door with gothic black-iron pulls and strap hinges, warning you of its heft. Hanging off skewd, just above the door reads an amateurly carved signed reading; ‘The Crafty Tomb’.

Pushing heavily on the door would open it up to a dimly lit, but large, musty, and slightly cluttered room. In the middle was a clear aisle leading from the door to the counter, as you walked it many an oddity could be found scattered about, but the oddest would be a cauldron like station atop a pitted fire with all sorts of glass tubes bubbling with liquids of luminescent seas and tars of bottomless caverns.

Standing before it was a Dog Arcanic man with droopy ears and folds and folds of wrinkled skin. His brown fur beginning to mute in colors of tans and greys giving away his older age. Scratching under his chin, he leans into the concoction, giving it a sniff;
“Child! Where are those-”
“Stems of the Fire Swinies are right here!”
Called out the voice of Zezla as she rounded the corner of the counter, barely missing the corner with her wing. She passes off the board adding;
“And the seeds of the Eekeberry are on the right.”

The man nods in approval, letting out a raspy chuckle;
“Very well, I suppose you’ve memorized this procedure by now. Go fetch me a meal then…”
He reaches into his pockets and hands her some coins,
“Get something for yourself while you're at it.”
Zezla pocketed the money;
“Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?”
She asked with a smirk. The man looked around the room as if he forgot there were no windows;
“Whatever is appropriate for the time of day, once you’ve returned I’ll get my bearings.”

Zezla left the darkness as fast as she could, on the street with the morning sun rays warming her up, she quickly stretched her arms, legs, and even her wings before heading off towards the market place food shops. ‘Maybe I’ll return with a roasted chicken and make him think it’s evening.’ Zezla hopped along, weaving between the townspeople, to get to her destination.

In the Marketplace, she tightens her ponytail as she eyes around at which shops were opening up today. ‘Now which one would sell me a hearty meal outright?’ Pondering, her pointer finger taps her cheek as she figures out her next step.

coded by Yellow Swan

Last edited:
Shuuri

Shuuri had been going around in the marketplace with an oversized backpack filled with smoked meat, leathers, and herbs. Also, the backpack was so big people wouldn't be able to see her from behind. It's not an unusual sight for the people there though since Shuuri had been doing this for years. She spends one day hunting and foraging, one day for preparing and packing then sell it the next day.

"Excuse me, excuse me." She carefully navigated her way through the crowd in the market. Stopping when she thought her backpack would bumps someone and make sure the way was clear before she moves forward. When she was finally out of the crowded area she let out a long sigh of relief and pulled a piece of paper where she listed potential customers that she should visit. Krakenfang tavern, Robeiru the old tailor, the kebabman, The Crafty Tomb... Krakenfang and Crafty Tomb would probably be the nearest so she was thinking to go there first. During her way there, Shuuri spotted Zezla seemingly looking for something. The girl hadn't been in the town for long but Shuuri had been supplying the old alchemist for quite some time so she was among the first ones who realized that the old alchemist got himself an assisstant.

"Z-Zezla!" Shuuri waved at the other girl to draw her attention before approaching. She was almost always stutter when talking to someone but she did try to reduce it as best as she could. "I'm just about to go to your place. Are you looking for something??"

Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

897901CD-B6B3-4D6E-9CF8-32744D30FAAA.jpeg

Aliqir “Ali” Tailwind

Ali’s great escape from attention was short lived, just as he had made it around the corner, he was stopped once more by someone in need. “Huh?” He creaked, looking up to meet eyes with Yohan. Someone new? He certainly didn’t dress like your average Portellan. In fact, this was one character he’d never met before, which was uncommon for one that spends his day on Portella’s streets looking for the next rest spot. After a brief awkward pause to take the stranger in,he finally spoke up:

“Oh, well it’s definitely not the greeting I’m used to,” He chuckled, baffled by the stranger’s formality. Ali’s hand rose to ruffle his own silvery hair, as though it weren’t already messy enough from his afternoon snooze. This Portellan was clearly more of a casual talker. “You must be new in town.” It was an obvious assessment, but it was a fact that intrigued Ali. Being goaded by children and asked for help at the docks were everyday occurrences, but Ali was happy to find a break from the typical, and Yohan’s smile seemed inviting enough. “Not a bad thing, though, no need for compensation.”

He then took a moment to ponder the boy’s question. “Magic charms huh?” Ali looked around the ground, as if he were going to just find one on the ground. No such luck. After a moment of chin tapping, his memory was jogged. “Oh right! There’s a shop not far from here. I think that cute blonde girl with the blank look on her face runs it. Never had a reason to stop in and say hi, though.” He swooped his head to the left, motioning for the Veinhardt mage to follow.

“I’m not sure what kind of ‘calamities’ you’re hoping to avoid... this place would be a lot less of a bore if we had a few of those every now and then.” He snickered. It was a joke, but Ali did feel like Portellan life was a bit mundane. “Name’s Ali, by the way. I promise I’m not as bad as the shopkeepers around here would make me out to be.” A side-eye glance met with the mustached merchant from earlier, sneering at Ali from his stall.

It wasn’t but a few moments before they would make it to the door of the shop. “Here it is!”

Novelight Novelight SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:
Zezzy
"Z-Zezla!... I'm just about to go to your place. Are you looking for something??"
Called out a familiar voice. It was Shuuri, the emerald Erosnian. Back in the Clan, Zezla was considered short for her age, but here in Portella she was as tall as most of the men and she wasn’t quite finished growing. And Shuuri was even shorter than most women, which made her think maybe there was a curse on the people when she first came. Shuuri’s stature made her bag look even more comically large, but Zezla had to admit the girl was admirable for finding a way to make a living all on her own. Zezla was still too foriengn to the way the city used little decorative circles made of elementary substances, instead of just sharing.

Zezla could wrap her mind around that with such a large amount of people, it is hard to care, let alone speak, to those you don’t know. She had first hand account when she first arrived, as the shuffle of bodies and the passed over gazes as she spoke had shaken her with a fear she’d never known before. With the unknown nature of the people, it made sense they had to do something to prevent people from those of greed and wicked intentions. But the understanding of ‘value’ wasn’t a concept she grasped of the coins, so even haggling wasn’t in her vocabulary. If not for people like the Alchemist Master who saw she needed help and ‘valued’ her intrigue, and Shuuri who acknowledged her existence even if she wasn’t someone she had any connection to.

Returning Shuuri’s greeting, Zezla brushed her fingertips to their respective collarbones and lifted away, crossing her palms on her chest and giving a slight bow;
“Sun’s rays healings for warm morning feelings.”
Zezla relaxed again, Shuuri being a fellow Erosnian did put her at ease.
“Ah, the old dog finally sent me out for his meal!”
A mischievous grin pulled from ear to ear;
“He hasn’t eaten in a while, so I thought I’d get him something hearty. Know the best place to go that won’t swindle me?”

Location; Market Place
Interactions; Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ; Shuuri

coded by Yellow Swan

Last edited:
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Yohan Rhaegyr
ALUMNI OF THE VORFREUDE INSTITUTION
Yohan chuckled, "New would be... an understatement. I come from a land far distinct than the traditions practiced here, and I'm afraid it has been quite difficult to fit in. Fortunately, I've had no unwanted issues during my stay." So far so good, the mage from another country found themselves wanting to explore this society for a longer period of time. Albeit he had no choice other than to make himself at home after what had occurred in his homeland.

He allowed himself to follow behind the blonde teen, occassionally glancing towards the blossoming markets on the street, carefully examining which items he required other than the magic charm on his list. The mage listened to the boy and nodded. "My name is Yohan. It's a pleasure." Yohan offered his name afterwards, following through with the proper etiquette. "I do enjoy myself some lovely company. By the sound of it, it seems you have quite the interest towards the shopkeeper. She must be a lovely lady, to have been ingrained in your memory. "Yohan silently chuckled.

Upon the shop's view, Yohan glanced into the shop through the glass window, confirming that the shop had indeed sold the charms he was looking for. Curious, he helped himself in and took the lead into the shop—the fragrance of the place finding its way into his nostrils. "A delicate scent from an inviting shop. I have been looking for... a particular magical charm. And perhaps one for my friend here, who I'd like to gift for their hospitality." Yohan spoke to the shopkeeper, his smile never wavering.
Beski Beski SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Shuuri

"Ah, meal. I see." Shuuri nodded at Zezla's inquiry, though it took her a few moments before she understood why the girl thought she could be swindled while buying food. She pointed at a direction away from the marketplace. "Follow me."

"S-stuffs near the port tend to be overpriced since they can sell that much to tourists." Shuuri explained briefly as she guided Zezla through several alleyways until they finally stopped at a rather unremarkable building in the middle of the residental area. The only thing that set the place apart from the other similar houses in the neighborhod was a wooden board in front of the door with a childishly drawn angry squid on it.

"This is Krakenfang tavern. It's usually crowded at night but quiet at this time of the day." Without any hesitation Shuuri opened the door and entered the place, her backpack barely fits through the door. Rather than what one would expect from a tavern, the inside of Krakenfang looks more like a living room transformed into a bar. It's a much smaller establishment than regular tavern for sure but also more homely. The most striking decoration would be an anchor hung above the fireplace. Behind the counter was an old yunovan woman who looked curiously at her new customer.

"Welcome." The old woman greeted them with a warm toothless smile and spread her arms wide. "Please make yourself at home."

Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Barack's newfound freedom is extremely refreshing. He can sleep when he wants, go where he wants, and do what he wants. The young man has never had anything close to this amount of freedom, and he almost can't handle it. For now, Barack has settled in Portella for a few days to experience the beach, waves, and food.

Barack has made his rounds through the market, convincing people that him having his face covered, while he attempted to trade his trinkets was just a coincidence. Many people assumed he was a thief but the owner of the Krakenfang Tavern was pleasant. The older woman could see through his words. She asked no questions just directed him where to go to get his money's worth and offered him a room to stay, although Barack was taken aback by her generosity he still took her up on her offer.

Currently, Barack was seated at a table near the bar,"Madam, may I bother you once more? I will be leaving the city in the near future, where would be the best places to gather supplies? Also, may I get a cup of green tup?" He posed his question just as a strange pair of girls entered the establishment.
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Chrystller sat bored in her magic shop. Most people didn't tend to come by since few people in Lunamour really knew how to use magic. That wasn't too much of a problem however because magic items were generally abit pricier than normal items people bought and sold. Still she thought she'd get abit more interest on such a big day at the market.

Coming from the Tower of Magic was tough. She had basically thrown away her chance at becoming one of the greatest archmages. That being said it wasn't like she could've standed to stay in such a location after what had happened. Portella was alright however, it was peaceful and people here didn't really bat an eye at incoming people from farther away. She had been able to make a living here selling and dealing with magical problems. Hers was the biggest magic shop in Portella by far and people seemed to give her respect for her skill in magic.

"Another boring day it seems." she grumbled.
She really had hoped of selling off abit more stuff but it seemed like nobody was coming anyways. She had however heard rumors of a night-party with costumes later tonight. Perhaps that might be abit more interesting.

However her luck seemed to be better than she had thought. Seemingly two boys had entered the shop at that moment. The first more mysterious looking one spoke up about wanting to buy some charms for the two of them.
"Sure. What did you have in mind."
This person definitely knew how to do magic. She could tell just by the way he was dressed although anyone coming into here usually knew magic to begin with or atleast needed help with a problem. However one who wanted to buy charms more likely practiced magic.
Novelight Novelight Beski Beski

Yunille sat near the other sisters of the church. They were all knelt in prayer as to why they all had to pray today was unknown to him. ofcourse the church was also filled with some of the residents of Portella and some from other parts of Lunamour who had journeyed here to seek the church. He rather would've preferred to see the rest of Portella today as the town seemed to bustling with life today moreso than usual.

"Hey do we have to pray so suddenly. We don't usually do this kind of thing today."
The head sister simply shushed him. Her name was Mariel, she had been here as long as Yunille could remember. She had probably been here long before he had been here. She was a woman in her late twenties or early thirties as far as Yunille could tell. They never really kept track of people's age in the church, although if one was risky enough they could always go find their file in the church and find their birthdate, if it was known when they came to the church. Yunille kept track of his age himself.

Mariel hadn't always been the head sister, when he was younger she was simply one of his seniors. Although she would fill the role when the previous head sister had died of disease. That previous sister choosing Mariel as the new one. Yunille could see why Mariel was chosen, she had always been quite serious about the church and religion and had a no-nonsense attitude.
Still the allure of visiting the rest of the town was especially strong today. He knew that the church was to make sure everyone would be doing the paper lanterns thing tonight. It was a tradition on special holidays where people would send paper lanterns into the sky, a signal towards the heavens or what not.

scroll

Exorcist

Heng

Portella's Streets - Church

A parasol could be seen moving through the bustling streets of Portella, bouncing with each movement made. The owner of said parasol held an expression that signaled a bad mood. Cause of mood? The surroundings. Though he disliked the loudness of everything that wasn't it. To be exact what was bothering Wushan was what in the air. There was a constant prickly sensation on his neck. This wasn't some spirit as far as he could tell, he didn't know what it was. Whatever it was it had better scram before he caught eye of it.

Wushan had come to Lunamonr for relaxation, not to deal with some pesky otherworldly. Bump! The Zuzidu native had collided with another person. Almost instantly his eyes narrowed. "I'm so sorry Mister! My apologizes I didn't mean to!" The person who bumped into him had a somewhat dirty appearance and looked to be in a hurry. Unexpectedly Wushan extended his hand forward. The person had a face full of confusion at this. But he only gave a small smile in return. "Do you think I didn't notice? Your hand slipping into my pocket as you knocked into me?"

Perhaps he was thought to be an easy target because of his traditional Zuzidu attire. Startled the pickpocket made an attempt to run away. Sighing Wushan swung his parasol once and down the thief went. Taking his stolen dagger from the fallen stranger he slipped it right back into his bag. "You shouldn't steal what if I wasn't so kind? What if I slowly removed every inch of your body letting you endure the horribleness of bleeding out?" Such words held no meaning especially if they were spoken by Wushan. Now walking away he made sure to leave one last gift. A singular coin. For the small humor that came out of this situation. A few moments later and the parasol boy arrived at the Church.

Wushan didn't worship the Saintness like many others did but he did appreciate the balance she brought. Back when Yunova was warlike people died grim deaths and there was no balance. What was honorable about dying terribly in an endless war? He lowered his parasol and entered the Church. Wushan paused momentarily, the sensation had stopped. It was crowded, something he expected. Finding an available seat next to a light haired male he sat down. His eyes glanced at the sisters praying before coming to rest on the male beside him. "Are you a member of the Church?" Actually he already knew but he wanted to hear it from the male's mouth.

♡coded by uxie♡

Zezzy
Zezla’s cheeky grin lost its momentum seeing Shuuri standing still, seriously thinking through her request. Like a child’s wind up toy the girl became animated all at once, pointing and walking;
"Follow me." Zezla did as she was told, and walked behind the Emerald Erosnian. Even though most of the way was crowded it seemed that most of the people parted for Shuuri. Her bag not only being comical and easy to spot, but also aided in people unintentionally being helpful. Zezla didn’t have a hard time following the girl, however, remembering how they were getting to the place she was bringing her to was proving a bit difficult. ‘Was that a left at the jewelers or a left after?’

Zezla was still trying to recount when Shuuri stopped in front of a residential building. ‘Umm, did she just take me to her house?’ But the idea was short lived seeing the sign that made ‘The Crafty Tomb’ look like a masterpiece. The sign looked as if it had a stubby arrow from a bow with long, untrimmed feathers and a face with a squiggly oval for a mouth. ‘What in the world is this supposed to be?’
“This is Krakenfang tavern…” Zezla glared a little at the sign again. ‘That looks nothing like a rare ingredient like the Krakenfang.’ she decided before entering behind Shuuri and choosing not to attempt to help by squishing her backpack to make sure she could fit in the door way.

Inside was a little odd- similar to the set up of ‘The Crafty Tomb’, but a lot more space and furniture and pictures. Wait, why are there painted portraits of someone’s family on the wall? It felt too much like a place she shouldn’t be inside, like a trespasser.
“...Also, may I get a cup of green tea?” The person at the bar, wearing what Zezla guessed was some form of military-esk clothes that covered his lips, seemed to be having a conversation already. Her eyes were alight with fascination at the person’s clothes, she’d never seen anything like it and wanted a closer look.
"Welcome. Please make yourself at home." The older yunovan woman greeted the girls, momentarily overlooking the fellow at the bar. Zezla respectively nodded her head in response. Despite the woman’s warm invitation, she still felt like she was an intruder, but Shuuri had seemed trustworthy in their short acquaintance.

Zezla followed Shuuri to the counter, waiting to see what would happen and sneaking obvious glances of engrossment towards the person’s clothes.

Location; Market Place → Krackenfang
Interactions; Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ; BFabulous BFabulous

coded by Yellow Swan

83D7BD51-6751-4514-983E-7DBD49B8E41E.jpeg

Aliqir “Ali” Tailwind

“I don’t know what it is,”
Ali inquired about what he found fascinating about Chrystller, “Maybe it’s that you never know what she’s thinking with that face, and I mean running a magic shop? It’s...unique, I suppose. Stands out.” He mused, just before entering the shop.

As they entered, the shop had a very original feel to it compared to the rest of the Portellan marketplace. It was one of a kind, surely. How had Ali never been here before? In his wonder, he looked all around the stock of trinkets, amulets, charms, and relics. It was far more interesting than anything the outdoor food stalls had to offer. A few caught his eye as he looked about, offering judgment to each one. He picked up a peculiar one shaped from Ivory in the likeness of Akroa. Ali read the tag mark underneath it. “Said to ward off evil spirits,” he chuckled to himself, but still loud enough for the others in the room to hear. He placed it back, clearly with no caution for any sort of thing, looking around for another.

He picked up a different one, this one shaped like a Koi fish with glistening scales of many colors. Once again, he read the tag beneath it, “This one is said to bring good luck,” he looked into the beady eyes of the trinket. “Sure. Seems a bit cliché. Like one of those weird little monkey dolls.” He snickered, placing the fishy totem where it belonged. Finally, he looked up to the shopkeeper he’d been rambling about, who had just offered her assistance finding what the pair were looking for.

Ali approached the counter, giving Yohan an affirmative pat on the back on his way as if to thank him for the gesture he’d made of offering a charm in payment. Giving himself a slight boost, Ali rose to make a seat of the countertop, legs dangling off the front. “I’m not sure which I’d like,” he said matter of factly, shooting the shopkeeper a pondering look.

“Why don’t you pick mine out for me?” He suggested, tilting his head to the side, curious as to which she would pick out and if it would give some insight to the mystery that existed within his mind of her.

Novelight Novelight SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:
Shuuri

Shuuri let out a grunt as she put her backpack on top of the counter and started unloading dozens of packages of smoked meat, each were neatly wrapped in banana leafs. Her small pair of wings eagerly flapping behind her as she happily counted each of the packages. Both Shuuri and the old woman already used to this transaction so they didn't really talk about it much, especially when she's attending to another customer. The old woman nodded at the man's request and went into the kitchen. Not long after she came back to the front counter holding a steaming hot tea in a wooden glass and handed it to Barack.

"Unfortunately, I don't know much about adventuring. Most people who come here are sailors and construction workers." The old woman let out a short cackle before glancing at Shuuri. "Shuuri sweetie. Would you mind telling this gentleman about the best adventuring store around?"

"Eh?? O-of course." Shuuri was too focused on her backpack and just reflexedly answered that. The girl looked at the man's attires. Unusual pieces, maybe custom made, and the quality looks good, so he's probably a wealthy tourist?? "T-there's a good store near the church. I can guide you there, i-if you don't mind."

Shuuri could feel her tensing up for some reason, probably because it had been a long time since she guided an unfamiliar face through the town. To give herself a bit of a breather, she took a glance at Zezla, and she noticed the girl hadn't ordered anything. Maybe she's shy around stranger too?? She thought she should help her a bit by introducing her to the tavern owner. "A-ah. Mrs Patra. This is Zezla, the alchemist's new assisstant. She is tasked to buy some meal for him."

Hearing Shuuri's introducing the new girl, the old woman's attention was now fully directed at Zezla. Her eyes squinted hard as she seemed to examines Zezla from some distance.

"Well. Are you a pretty one, dear." Her squint soften and she went back to her relaxed looks. "The old dog used to regularly eat his breakfast here but he recently had been locking himself down there, eh. I will pack something for him. You can keep the money, dearie, just tell him old Patra says hello." The innkeeper nodded at Zezla and vanished back into the kitchen.

Yellow Swan Yellow Swan BFabulous BFabulous

Barack's eyes subtly analyzed the girls as they made their way over to the bar The shorter of the two was leading the charge and was very much in her element, but the other was more reserved and shy. The young man watched as the short Erosnian unpacked her oversized bag with precision, which lead him to suspect she was in the business of gathering. As Mrs. Patra placed his cup of tea down, Barack's tail carefully wrapped around the cup, "Thank you...For the information and the tea," Barack thought about it for a second, and he cracked a small smile behind his mask,"Well...Maybe I should try to be a sailor...."

Barack turned to the girls," Nice to meet you, Shuuri. You may call Nomad"Using his alias, he gave her a slight bow as he transfer his tea to his hand. Taking a seat next to her, he could see her scanning his person to get a reading. He made her nervous. Was it his confident but mysterious aura or his rather uncanny appearance? Barack didn't care but this did give him a little insight into Shuuri," I'm pleased to hear that! I don't plan on leaving too soon, so maybe you could show me around town later?" The words coasted out as Barack moved his attention to his tea

Placing his hand over the cup to get a grasp of its heat level,"Perfect..."Barack mumbled to himself in satisfaction while he pulled his mask down. While the women were talking, he figured at least one of them would attempt to get a look at his face, so he attempt to put on a warm look before downing his tea. Taking his first sip, Barack was hit with the blunt grassy taste of the tea. He obviously was not prepared for it because he jolted slightly, and his tail & ears popped up then subsequently fell. The former child of affluence was used to his tea already being topped with either honey or sugar, so this was a shock.

Not wanting to offend Mrs. Patra, Barack adjusted himself hoping all of her attention was constantly on Zezla. Barack wondered what life as an alchemist was like. In his head, it was filled with adventure and freedom, but at this point, all lifestyles other than his former were better,"Ugh...sugar." Barack quickly shook off his thoughts as he scanned for a sugar container near him. Spotting one behind the bar, the Arcanic used his tail to grab it with ease. Loading his tea up with sugar Barack smiled at Zezla,"Hello, Ms. Zezla. I agree with Madam Patra, you are quite beautiful...you both are."

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Yunille's thoughts were interrupted by a boy around his age speaking to him. He wasn't usually supposed to interrupt his prayers and talk so he simply nodded his head. He glanced over at the person who asked him the question to begin with. He was a Yunovan around his age. It was common to see people enter the church although the boy didn't seem like someone who was very religious to begin with. Yunille wasn't sure what he wanted. If he had come for advice then he probably should've just asked one of the members of the church that wasn't involved in prayer. That being said he did seem like someone who ventured further from Portella based on his appearance. It sounded nice to not be so confined to one location. Maybe he could escape from the church somehow. All it would take is some kind of big opportunity.

One of the priests of the church walked up to Wushan and spoke up.
"Do you seek advice? This member is currently busy in prayer."
eloise eloise

Last edited:
Whatever particular magic charm you are looking for, i'm sure I have it." She said with certainty.
The other boy was abit different than the first. He seemed much more normal and laidback. He didn't seem to know what he wanted to get, he probably didn't expect the other boy to end up offering to buy him a charm. He seemed to want Chrystller to pick out something for him.
"If a good luck charm seems abit too cliche then perhaps something more practical would suit you. How about a healing charm?" She said moving over to another shelf before picking a charm off one of the rows and handing it to him.

She wasn't sure what exactly they wanted although it was good buisness so she didn't want to question them too much or else she might scare them off.
"Is there anything you could tell me about the charm you are looking for?" She spoke up to the other darker haired boy.
She still thought he was a mage although the other one didn't seem to be as likely to be one to her. They almost seemed like dual opposites. Opposite hair colors and personalities.
Novelight Novelight Beski Beski

The night-time was abit nicer. The residents of Portella were having a festival. Free food was handed around at different places within the market as a token of goodwill between the citizens. Everyone wore costumes with masks to hide their faces although friends tended to find eachother. The Church was by the sea with stands making paper lanterns which would sent out to the sea as a tradition on empty boats.

Everything seemed fine however deeper within Lunamour the kingdom was dealing with an attack. It wouldn't be long till the attack reached Portella. Yet nobody in Portella had any idea about the impending doom of the entire kingdom.

Yunille worked with some of the other sisters helping residents sitting by the beach and teaching them how to fold the paper lanterns properly. He had done this many times. He was never the best at it among his fellow sisters and brothers however compared to the residents of Portella he looked like a skilled artisan at it.

He hoped he could convince Mariel or at the very least distract her to get him out towards the marketplace. The food he could smell from away from the beach smelled more wonderful than anything he had ever smelled before. If he had could just find an opening when Mariel was distracted then he could make his getaway. He would definitely be hearing if from her and the others later but he thought it was worth the risk. As if the saintess herself could hear him at that moment one of the other sisters came to mariel and began talking to her. In that moment he managed to slip away while the old couple he was assisting were folding the paper and distracted..

BFabulous BFabulous @Fana @Aurke Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread @marked @Gundam Watcher 27 Yellow Swan Yellow Swan @SilverFeathers Novelight Novelight Beski Beski

Users who are viewing this thread

Back