//the lovers, the dreamers, and me//

tsuneni

— princess.♥

Mae 01.jpg

there is a girl with eyes the colour of v e n u s.

lips the shade of m a r s.

and hair as wild and as violent as the storms of j u p i t e r.

a girl who looks to the sky every night.

a girl that wonders about what may lay beyond it.

credit: SociallyAwkward
c8d77059aec0612dfd04c82235d394cc.jpg

MAË LESLIE MCCRAE

doesn't have a nickname ●  twenty one years old ● born on june eighteen ● gemini ● scottish ● pansexual demiromantic ● female (cis) ● she/her and they/them

--INFO ABOUT SELENE--

in greek mythology, selene is the goddess of the moon. she is the daughter of the titans hyperion and theia, and sister of the sun-god helios, and eos, goddess of the dawn. she drives her moon chariot across the heavens. several lovers are attributed to her in various myths, including zeus, pan, and the mortal endymion. she has fifty daughters with endymion, and two children with zeus. her roman equivalent is luna. a few of her symbols is the crescent moon, raised cloak, bull, rooster, dog, and torch.

--THEME--
you'll find me in the region of the summer stars // meet me where the sunlight ends // baby, i'm not clay

--APPEARANCE--

hair
long, copper locks, resting just above her bum ● a wild and tangled mess ● refuses to pick it up or "tame" it ● likes when people touch her hair

eyes
wide, liquid amber eyes ● speckled with shades of light brown and hazel ● framed with long, beautiful lashes ● possibly her favorite thing about her

body measurements
tall, about five foot eight ● quite average weight for her height, about one hundred twenty four pounds ● petite frame ● size six in footwear

distinguishing features
her many freckles, which cover her pale skin everywhere ● ruddy lips ● her voiceclaim is felicity jones

clothing style
01https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/4c/3a/bb4c3a8b20b175d62b70e3d0075e24ca.jpg 02http://www.polyvore.com/valerie_ellies_birthday_celebration_challenge/set?id=188351639 ● 03

--LIKES--

+astronomy
+rainstorms
+french fries
+photography
+the colour green
+forests
+long walks
+amusement parks
+burnt cream
+blanket forts
+christmas lights
+mythology
+romance novels

--SKILLS--

has extensive knowledge on

mythology ● has extensive

knowledge in astronomy

though she has twigs for legs,

is a fast runner ● she unknowingly

has powers; can mask reality and

pierce illusion (can plant images

in the mind)

--MBTI--

enfj-t (the protagonist)

--DISLIKES--

-scorching sun
-films/movies
-disorganization
-haggis
-mosquitoes
-reality television
-competition
-arrogance
-bananas
-chocolate milk
-insults
-bullying
-bubblegum

--WEAKNESSES--

comebacks
 ● keeping her

mouth shut ● making

friends, and if she does

have a friend, then she's

weak at keeping them ● no

matter how hard she tries,

she can't prepare a decent

meal to save her life

--MORAL ALIGNMENT--

true neutral

PicMonkey Collage Mae.png

--PERSONALITY--

"i heard she was sent to an insane asylum when she was six..."

"that's utter shit. i heard she poisoned a plate of haggis and forced her father to eat it..."

"hah. talk about her mum. oh, wait! she doesn't have one..."

in her small town in scotland, being different was apparently bad. when i mean different, she's not mentally ill as her school peers used to think. she just has a passion for things that other kids her age didn't have. she loved astronomy. people would pass by her home to see her lying on the roof, staring up at the sky, memorizing constellations, and creating her own. her favorite thing is probably the moon. so bright. so beautiful.

maë leslie mccrae is possibly the sweetest girl you could ever meet. she has a heart of gold. she'd probably take a bullet for you if that meant she would gain your utmost trust. along with being sweet, she is unbelievably outgoing. she was that girl that approached every new student or freshmen in her school years. however, her notions tended to annoy people, and they refused to befriend her. she was the too-friendly girl who liked to stare at the stars and talk about how hot the greek god apollo is. but the thing about her is, if you really let her get close to you, she can break into any hard shell around someone's heart, and warm it up with a smile.

there's this one thing about. it annoys everyone even more than her outgoingness. she has ocd. and it's not something simple, like her bedroom is always neat. no, i mean, everything has to be organized or she will have a tantrum. her father used to get so mad at her when things in their home were in a disarray. she adopted those notions. if you walk into her room, everything is clean and perfect. her closet is colour-coded, in school, she used to map out all her supplies on her desktop perfectly. if you mess up this girl's stuff, she will kill you.

maë is quite naive. she can be easily influenced with enough persuasion. when she was in secondary school, year ten, a group of kids tricked her into drinking an entire bottle of vodka. they told her it was just lemonade. to this day, maë still believes that vodka is lemonade. she's curious, but sometimes, her curiosity can make her nosy.

when it comes to being affectionate, she is a bit conflicted. while maë is very loving and caring, she doesn't understand the concept of love herself. despite how angsty it may sound, she's never really experienced love or received love.

--HISTORY--

at precisely 6:03 pm on june eighteen, maë was born.

she doesn't remember anything after that.

in fact, between the ages newborn to one years old, maë has no recollection of anything. she grew up without a mother. her father was constantly working, and he hardly ever came home. he was an employee for a big farming company on the western scottish lands. maë was raised by a nanny for the first eight years of her life.

as she began to grow, maë grew a sense of curiosity and longing for her birth givers. all of the other children in her school had supportive parents. where were hers? she would bombard the nanny with questions, and the poor, middle-aged woman, could only say, "a story for another time, dear."

one night--it was about two in the morning--silas mccrae stumbled inside, a glass bottle of alcohol dangling between his thumb and pointer finger. in a fit of drunken anger, he told the nanny to pack her stuff and leave. the woman did as told, scurrying away. ten year old maë remained downstairs, watching her father drop the glass bottle on the floor, then fall on the couch.

"daddy?" she called, inching towards him.

"what?"

"what happened?"

"i got fired, maë. fucking dicks."

the timid girl sat on the couch, putting a few feet distance between her and silas. "daddy?"

"yes?"

"what happened to mother?"

"she... um... she left when you were born. she didn't tell anybody anything."

that was probably the longest conversation they will ever had. silas went on to look for jobs, and maë continued to grow and go to school. silas took minor jobs to support the two for the years to come. she grew up with an aura of innocence and a heart of gold around children her age that didn't have such things.

for the years to come, silas would learn new things about his daughter. for the years to come, maë would be the target of bullying. but despite that, she'd grow and learn and be curious. she look at the sky and wonder about what lies beyond it.

at aged seventeen, maë and silas were sat at their small dining room table, eating haggis--a dish that maë dislikes with a passion--when a woman barged in.

"are you silas mccrae?"

[SIZE= 11px]silas stood up from his seat, walking over to the woman. "that's me."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]"my name is lana campbell. i work at your daughter's school. there was an incident the other day, with another student. may i speak to her outside?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]silas looked between his daughter and lana, the shrugged. "um... okay."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11px]ma[/SIZE]ë stood up, following after lana. the two walked outside, lana with a suspicious glint in her eye, and maë was curious as always, on the verge of attacking the woman with questions. clearly, maë didn't know who the woman was, but she did know her alibi was a lie.

lana turned to maë, and said, "listen, and don't ask questions. you're special, okay. now, i just want you to know that my name is not lana, it was a lie. and judging by your facial expression, you know that i don't work at your school. good. listen, there will be a cab waiting for you in front of george's bakery in the town square. go in, don't ask questions. it'll take you somewhere. for your kind. i have to go. goodbye maë."

maë--without questioning, even though she really should have, cause what the fuck--listened to the woman.

she's been at camp daybreak for four years, now.

Last edited by a moderator:

maë thinking vodka is lemonade is probably the most adorably naïve quirk i've ever read tbh

when the quirk is true....

i thought vodka was lemonade until i was thirteen.... it was a sick prank between my brothers.

15536611.gif

RELATIONSHIPS/FRIENDSHIPS/RIVALRIES

[SIZE= 12px]@orphic[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]gemini ;; maë adores her. she likes to think of them as best friends. they bond over astronomy, and maë loves helping gemini with hair dye and new spells.

rowen ;; maë doesn't have much of a connection with rowen. but they are acquaintances. rowen is another one of those badass girls that maë looks up to. in fact, rowen kind of scares maë.

acacia ;; acacia is another of those girls that maë looks up to, though she's much more approachable than rowen. when maë first met acacia, she was so drawn to her, like a fly to a lantern.

reuben ;; there really isn't much maë has to say about reuben. she likes his smile, but his crude comments and flirtatious ways--though she never really realizes when he's flirting or not--makes her distance herself from him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@Mortem
ander ;; one thing about maë is, she's always ready to help that one uptight, reserved person let loose. it's just her personality. what she was not ready for was to have a crush on this uptight person. and the thing is, maë doesn't know what to do, because she's never had a crush before--most of the boys she'd known in her life were her school bullies--so to have a crush on someone that won't beat her or tease her senselessly is quite the discovery.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]blake ;; blake is one of those people that maë can go to when she's craving trouble or an adventure. she's a tag-along to blake, the master pick-pocketer/stealer.

felix ;; she doesn't have much of a relationship with the blond, though they sometimes share feedback on novels they've read, or share novels/books in general.

barak ;; maë is probably the only person that calls him by his real name. she probably does it to annoy him or be her weird herself. there's no in between. maë doesn't have much to say about him, but she admires how friendly he is.

donovan ;; he's probably one of maë's favorite staff members. he reminds her of one of her favorite teachers, back when she was in school.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@Post
jax ;; maë thinks he's cute--though she's sure he's off-limits--and she admires his dancing talent. she doesn't have enough self-control to do any style of dance.

red ;; red is like a big sister to maë. she calls her out on her mistakes, but helps her whenever she needs help. maë loves her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@A p h r o d i t e
charlotte ;; [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]maë also goes to charlotte when she's in the mood for trouble and adventure. with blake, charlotte, and maë together, they'd probably steal everyone's shoes within a few hours.[/SIZE]

@Chrysalism
anjio ;; she thinks he's very attractive, and she likes his long hair, but otherwise, doesn't have much to say about him.

[SIZE= 12px]@Nikki Rodgers
oliver ;; besides being best-red-headed-friends-for-life, maë considers oliver her younger brother. he's a quiet, little thing that needs a lot of protection. and she loves the fact that she's taller than him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@november pyres
agate ;; at first, maë thought he was a weird-looking girl. then he spoke to her, and she immediately regretted it. agate is a father figure to maë. he gives her amazing advice on life, and he's always there to help her. as a joke, she calls him "father".[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@Novus
caine ;; tba[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back