The Lounge

You know, robbing a bank during the early days of the Depression was probably not a great plan. 

I don't really know. I'm not the most keen on the specific mobs. A better way to phrase it. We're the Irish currently or already have immigrated to America in this timeline/universe.

Yes there is an irish gang

also

Kenny and Philip should be friends. Cuz... they are similar and young

I don't really know. I'm not the most keen on the specific mobs. A better way to phrase it. We're the Irish currently or already have immigrated to America in this timeline/universe.

Yes. The Kelly family is an Irish crime family. A fair warning though, you may want to get a few friends together if you plan on having a character who isn't affiliated with the Marinellos, because you'll be the only official Irish mob character. 

Yes. The Kelly family is an Irish crime family. A fair warning though, you may want to get a few friends together if you plan on having a character who isn't affiliated with the Marinellos, because you'll be the only official Irish mob character. 

I don't have any friends...

ok since everyone is checking me with gold and bank notes, there will be half a mil in cash, but they can hit another place later one anyways 

ok since everyone is checking me with gold and bank notes, there will be half a mil in cash, but they can hit another place later one anyways 

Trying to find half a million in cash in a bank in the middle of the Great Depression is going to require you lay siege to the fortresses that are major finance banks. Frankly, banks didn't have that kind of money. FDIC hasn't kicked in yet (does in 1934, I think) and banks aren't required to actually have much cash and its safer for them to stack up on treasury bonds which have no resale value. 

Its not you, its that the historical setting being used is a terrible, terrible place to be attempting bank robberies: theres not much money in them, the only way to breach one is to have an acetylene torch (which for vault cracking purposes is a lengthy project) and the use of bank vaults which were designed not to be opened by hold ups (multiple keys turned simultaneously, for example), bank robbing just isn't that lucrative during the greatest economic and banking collapse in human history. 

Alrighty. Well not to be rude or anything just to hear your personal opinion, how much should we acquire. I do see now it probably wasn't the best idea, but if it's the depression, along with trying to get back at the Marinellos, stealing any money they can from them would help.

For a small bank during this time period? Shireling's 6k figure, plus a couple gold bars, wouldn't be too far off the mark. And that's a fortune, given the time period. A loaf of bread cost 5 cents, pound of butter was 22 cents. That's enough money to buy a place and be well fed for quite a while without working, though sensible planning would be to find whatever work one could to have some manner of income. 

And I hope I haven't been coming off as rude on this particular juncture. I'm only nudging at all because my inner history student is insisting on some manner of realism. 

Last edited by a moderator:
no no your ok, i felt like i've been coming off as rude. I'm a history nutt myself, but I don't pertciurlaly study this time period so i'm glad someone else is here to clean up after me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back