• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Lost Mine Of Phandelver (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

After tying the Oxen to a tree and out of the way, Mor’du takes point with Gurwin right behind him. Inkiira was following slightly behind and to the right of Gurwin with Dell behind her sister. As they approach, Inkiira notices something. A slight sound came from just beyond the thicket, the sound of goblins. By the way of the sound something didn’t sound right, in a good way for the party. What do you do?
IMG_20210202_172912.jpg

Mor'du raises up a finger to his mouth to signal to the others to be silent, then he readies his blade as he slowly advances on the sounds of the goblins.

Gurk rolls his eyes at the Dragonborn. What did he expect them to do? Shout and charge? <snort> He advances along with Mor'du, ready to fire off a spell if needed.

There's some irony in that - the mountain of a warrior demands a silent approach, where Inkiira's feet barely even leave a trace on the forest floor... still, she simply nods, preparing to do what her kind is known for - letting others do the dirty work while striking from the shadows. Or from behind the other two, at least, better than nothing. With a quiet gesture, she calls forth her magic, readying herself to hurl a ray of pure frost at the first creature that dares to show its presence.

While she wasn't quite hiding behind Iinkira, she wasn't not doing so. Dell thumbed the ominous ring on her finger, ready to draw on the eldritch energies of her patron at a moments notice. And was more than eager to flick a blast at the first excuse.

Whatever was going on sounded like it was making dealing with the goblins easier. Thiugh hopefully it was an angry escaped dwarf rather than some hungry surface monster like a bear.

Inkiira and Dell held back as Mor'du and Gurwin slowly approached an opening from where the sound came from. As they did they saw...nothing. The slight sound of Goblins was still heard from just beyond the thicket and nothing seemed to change. What do you do? (Please note that I wish to show you more of the map but your characters still can't see the areas that would make it easier for me.)
IMG_20210206_090706.jpg

How deep and fast running is this river? Is it small enough to walk across, or do we need to try and jump it?

Mor'du will go ahead and advance forward across the stream to M6

Inkiira moves up all the way to J7 to have a better line of sight on what happens, then.

Somehow, both the goblins were fast enough to make the first move. One goblin ran towards Mor’du and took a swing at him with its Scimitar, cutting deeply into Mor’du. The second goblin took a shot at Mor’du with its Short Bow but missed.

Psychie Psychie your turn.

Goblin 1 Scimitar attack = 14+4=18 Hit
Goblin 1 Scimitar damage = 6+2=8
Goblin 2 Short Bow attack = 11+4=15 Miss

Initiative order
Goblin 1
Goblin 2
Gurwin
Dell
Mor’du
Inkiira

IMG_20210209_091842.jpg

Seeing the goblin hit Mor'du so badly, Gurk steps up and slaps the back of the wounded Dragonborn with one hand as he says a quick prayer to Sune to ask her for her healing power to spare the life of this headstrong fighter.
Casting Cure Wounds on Mor'du

Hit Points: 9
Hit Dice: 1d8

Spell Slots
Level 1: 2 / 1

Proficiency: +2
Initiative: -1

Armor Class: 16
Passive Perception: 13

Weapons and Armor
Mace: +2 to hit, 1d6 Damage Bludgeoning
Light Crossbow: +1 to hit, 1d8-1 Damage Piercing, Range 80ft/320ft

Ring Mail: +4 AC, Stealth Disadvantage
Shield: +2 AC

Updated Battle map. I made Gurwin's character piece small because I'm making it easier for myself for when I have to erase it later.

IMG_20210210_190108.jpg

Moving Dell to M7

Skipping across the stream, she hurries behind Mordechai where she could get a better shot.

"Heads up, dragonborn!" She called to Mordu as she gather a ball of eldritch energy in her hand.

Once she had a clean shot, she would launch the magical bolt once she had a clear shot of the goblin.

Feeling somewhat angry at the fact that he was nearly killed by the goblin, Mor'du decides to return the favor and hauls off and swings his greatsword at the little guy.
Hit Points: 10
Hit Dice: 1d10
Second Wind - 1d10+1: [ ]

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30ft

Armor Class: 16
--Stealth Disadvantage

Weapons and Armor
Greatsword +5 to hit, 2d6+3 Damage
heavy, two handed, slashing
Great Weapon Fighting gives me one reroll of 1's and 2's on the damage dice

Light Crossbow, +2 to hit, 1d8 Damage Rng 80ft/320ft
ammunition x20, loading, two handed

Breath Weapon, 2d6 Cold Damage, 15ft cone. Con Save for half damage, DC 10. 1/Short Rest

Chain Mail Armor +6 AC
Stealth Disadvantage

Mor'du will position himself to keep the other goblin from being able to get out of the room its in without moving past him, provoking an attack of opportunity.

One life taken, with a mighty strike. One more in danger as the dragonborn moves up, ready to end this skirmish early. But there's more to that goblin than just its bow - what little it knows might still be of use. If given the opportunity, that is. Inkiira moves up to where Mor'du just stood, making sure to not step into the first goblin's remains - then raises a hand towards the remaining survivor. What follows is not a blast of magic, but words - right in the goblin's ears, without the need for loud speech. "Shut up. Drop the bow. Or you'll die the same way."

I'd like to use message to intimidate that goblin, given that Mor'du should already make quite an impression on him.

With their friend now dead and something telling them to drop their weapon or die the Goblin decided that the best action was to comply. As the big scayle thing stared down the Goblin, the goblin slowly stretched out his arm to one side and dropped their bow with clear terror in their eyes.

(Combat over)

Here’s the updated battle map.
IMG_20210215_173011.jpg

"Good. Good choice." More words, carried over by the spell - enough to bridge the pause as Inkiira closes the distance between her and the goblin. She still leaves Mor'du between the foe, and herself - better safe than sorry - but switches to ordinary, quiet words so that the others can understand her as well. "See, it's simple. We have a few questions. You've got a head on your shoulders, so you're able to speak. Convenient for both sides, at least in my book." She crouches down to be somewhat on eye level with the creature - the Dragonborn's stature should suffice for intimidation purposes.

"We're looking for people. Two of them." She raises two fingers to get the point across. "They were ambushed by your kind, and the trail leads here." A finger pojnts at the floor, near the dead goblin. "I want to know if they're still alive. Where they are. How to get there. I want to know what's ahead, what to look out for, and how many goblins there are." She looks at the others, directs her last words at them. "Anything else?"

Mor'du lets out a low growl as he shakes off the excess blood from his sword. "Answer the questions like your life depends on it. Because it does." He continues to stare down the goblin, hoping to help intimidate it into talking.

As the goblin gets asked the questions and warned that he should be honest, it looks down and its face takes on a thoughtful look as it tries to think. “Two? I know that one might still be in the hideout, don’t know if he’s still alive though. The other, the one about half as tall as him…” The Goblin looked up and made a gesture to Mor’du, “...he got taken somewhere. Don’t know where though. The one that might still be in the hideout will most likely be in the den. There is a Bridge that leads there and a passage. There is a guard on the bridge and a trap that he’ll alert other Goblins to activate. There are at least…” The Goblin looks down again and starts to count on its fingers, “...Errr...3 Wolves just around the corner…” The Goblin nods his head toward the mouth of the cave, “...There is a guard on the bridge, a few goblins just past the bridge in an area that has water pools...Errr...probably a lot of Goblins in the den...and finally there is the Boss, his pet and his…” The goblin looks at his fingers again, “...two guards. Boss isn’t a Goblin though. Don’t know what it is, just that it’s bigger and stronger than us. Bosses name is Klarg and it’s pet’s name is Ripper.” The Goblin then looks to his side and scratches his head, clearly trying to think if it missed anything. “...I can’t think of anything else. Is that enough?” Asked the Goblin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back