• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Lost Mine Of Phandelver (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Gurk shrugs. "It doesn't look like we have any takers on the scary monster sounds. Looks like it is time for my spell. Sacred Flame!" He sends forth a small blast of holy fire at the snare, hoping to safely trigger the trap from a distance and keep people from getting hurt.

"Still no takers?" Inkiira sounds somewhat disappointed as she allows the spell to die down with another , louder roar. "Unfortunate. We have flames and music, but noone's watching. So, this should be safe now, right? No watchers, trap disabled, nothing dangerous in sight. The ground looks decent, too so there shouldn't be much trouble until we find the goblins, I'd say."

Gurk nods. "Looks like it was just a simple trap for one person. We should be safe enough to continue on. Lets go."

Mor'du nods in agreement. "Yeah, it looks good to move on." He then sets out along side the wagon once more.

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Another 10 minutes down the trail you all continue and don’t notice the pit that is in the middle of the trail. As you get to it, the trap goes off and the Oxen try to not fall but don’t make it. Both Oxen fall into the pit, leaving the wagon behind, and only get slightly hurt. What to you?

There's a brief pause as Inkiira's mind tries to catch up with what the heck just happened. Then she breaks the silence in resignation. "Well, forget what i said about the ground... but how did that happen?" She musters those who were closer to the front; bites down on her lip to not spit out pointless accusations. Then she sighs and slowly approaches the hole. How deep is it? How steep are the walls? Is there hope that the animals could get out of there by themselves?

From her seat on the wagon, Dell leta out a surprised wail as the oxen tumble into the pit trap, with her almost going in as well. "The goblins, Inky. It is those sun-blasted booger eating goblins. Putting up stupid traps to distract us from their stupider traps." She wasn't about to blame her sister over not seeing the trap. Dell didn't see it either. That didn't make her any less annoyed though. How was she supposed to get the oxen out?

Mor'du lets out a sigh. "Let me try to help get the oxen out of there." He slips down into the pit trap, making soothing noises to the two distressed animals, trying to calm them down. As he does so, he moves to try and use his own strength to help push the team out one at a time.

The Oxen had fallen and were in a small amount of distress and a bit confused. As Mor’du made the calming noises the Oxen started to pay attention to him and knew who this was. They started to calm down and approached Mor’du. When they did they were helped up out of the hole one at a time with great ease and just stood to the side awaiting what their current owners would do, happily munching on grass as they did so.

Mor'du lets out a relieved sigh as he helps the second of the two oxen out of the pit. "That could have been very nasty if one or both of them had broken their legs. I'm guessing that there will probably be more traps along the way, so I'll take up a position in the front of the team to keep better watch and hopefully avoid a mess like this again. Now, lets get the wagon around this pit and get on the way."

Gurk stands back, trying not to spook the oxen as Mor'du works to calm them down and get them out of the pit. "Good work there, Mor'du. You have a good calming touch with them. I like the idea of someone taking point, just be careful of the potential for traps in front of us. I can heal the wounded, not raise the dead."

Mor'du chuckles. "Trust me, friend Gurk. I have every desire to stay alive for a long time, and so I will use the utmost caution to keep from getting hurt or worse." He helps to lead the team around the pit, then sets off at a easy pace in front of the wagon to look for more traps.

"There's a cave, up ahead. Their hideout, maybe, or at least a good spot for an ambush. Might be best to clear the area, make sure that noone's waiting for us." Inkiira points in the direction, then eyes the others. "Don't like going in blindly, myself. That's the only way how goblins ever stand a chance."

Gurk looks at the cave and says, "It would appear that our path lead in there. I say we tether out the oxen on a line to let them feed while we go inside and investigate."

Mor'du nods in agreement. "Yes, lets do this. We can scour the area around the opening on the outside to make sure our backs are clear, then go into the cave and clean it out."

"Could try to cause a distraction, potentially. If we don't mind getting their attention, that is. No point in causing a ruckus if we want to sneak in." Inkiira eyes the area around the cave entrance; are there any obvious hiding spots nearby?

As you all were following the goblins' trail, the cave you came across turned out to be a large cave in a hillside five miles from the scene of the ambush. A shallow stream flows out of the cave mouth, which is screened by dense briar thickets. A narrow dry path leads into the cave on the right-hand side of the stream. You are all on the left hand side and a still a bit further back so any other details can not seen yet. (Battle map will be provided as you all get closer to the cave as you all are still not on the map yet and I need to edit it a bit to show what you can and can't see.)

Gurk looks over at Inkiira and says, "If you get their attention, you may bring so many goblins out that we would be quickly overwhelmed. If we are to face them in a fight, best to do it a few at a time. Come, let us get conceal our wagon back a distance and advance forward on foot to go into the cave."

Mor'du nods in agreement with Gurk, and moves to do what he can to aid in steering the wagon off of the path and into the trees.

Once the wagon is hidden away and the oxen tended to, Mor'du will carefully advance towards the opening of the cave, keeping a keen eye out for any goblins that might try to attack them.

One last look back at the wagon, making sure it's reasonably well-hidden, then Inkiira follows the other two.

Dellyn brings up the rear, behind her sister. Going into a cave was no problem. Though she wasn't particularly keen on the idea of it being filled with goblins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back