• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Lost Mine Of Phandelver (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Shaking the blood from his sword, Mor'du looks around to see if there were any other surprises waiting for them. "Hrm. Not a bad fight. Just enough to get the heart pumping faster, and no one was hurt. Not bad at all." Moving forward towards the dead horses, he looks to see if it is going to be necessary to move the bodies or if their wagon can move around them and not get bogged down.

Gurk looks down at the bodies around them with distaste before putting his mace away. "Feh. No such thing as a 'good' fight. What if those goblins were a little bit better at what they were doing? Keep in mind, Mor'du, I can heal the wounded, not raise the dead."

"Well, goblins will luckily always be goblins. Still, I had hoped to shoo them away instead, avoid the fighting. Good thing that their spine didn't do them much good."

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

While Mor’du, Inkiira and Dellyn’dierra were looking at the dead horses, an empty map case and the sky respectively. Gurwin, however, had his gaze wander off from Mor’du and allowed it to wander towards where the Goblin ran off to. And then, as if the Goddess Sune was trying to point out something, he spotted it. A Goblin Trail hidden behind some thickets on the northern side of the road.

Gurk points over at the trail he spotted in the thicket and says, "I don't know if anyone cares, but there is a trail that the goblins made over there. If we were to follow it, we might be able to find out where these little guys came from and put a stop to their mischief. Or we can say the hell with it and focus on getting the wagon to its destination."

Mor'du looks over in the direction that Gurk is pointing, and he wanders over towards the area to take a closer look. "We can go hunting, but that would require us to leave the wagon alone. I don't like doing that. One alternative is to split up, but I don't like that option either. I say we move these carcasses aside and get a move on before we get jumped by more of the little nasties. That way we don't lose our wagon and its cargo."

"Depends on where Gundren and Sildar are at. If they escaped, they'll want their wagon safe and in one piece. If they're with the goblins, carried off, perhaps, for whatever reason - then I'd assume they couldn't care less about a couple of shovels." With that, the drow strolls over towards the trail, trying to see if there's any hint of the two riders.

Gurk walks over to where Mor'du is wandering about aimlessly, trying to find the trail. "Are ye blind? The path is right here! Huh. It is amazing that you have lived in the army as long as you have, being so oblivious to your surroundings. Come on. Lets check out the horses to see if there is any clues there, then we can take the path - so long as some people don't mess it up with their big ol' feet clomping around."

"Or we could go on about our way." Dellyn suggested dryly from her seat on the oxcart. She didn't much like the idea of going goblin hunting. But she would if her sister was going.

"We could move on - and then? Hope that the two made it through the ambush and are waiting for us? Seems unlikely, I'd say. It's not about the goblins - would've been fine if they'd just run away. Iit's about two men who got their horses killed, right here." She points out the dead animals, redundantly. "One of them is paying us, if that's more incentive. I'd say we at least see if there's any sign that the two of them are still around us somewhere. The path's the best bet if the goblins caught them alive."

Mor'du nods, then says, "We should follow the trail and see if we can't find the riders of these horses and help them. That's my say, at least."

With his customary sour look, Gurk turns and heads back towards the wagon. "Well, if we are going to follow this trail, we had best be on our way before it gets too late and we lose the path. C'mon. Lets go."

Mor'du shrugs. It made little difference to him, one way or the other, but if he was given a choice, he'd happily wield his sword against the goblins any day he could. Nasty little things, goblins, and if listening to Gurk is what will get it done, that's fine with him. "Alright. Lets see if we can't find this trail that our cleric has spotted and be on our way."

Gurk leans forward in his seat, pointing. "Watch it. I see some kind of snare or trip line in the path.' He looks around to see if there is any signs of more goblins. "It will need to be rendered safe before we can get the wagon past it."

With the alert of the snare line, Mor'du pauses where he is and takes his time looking around for other goblins.

Mor'du says, "I see no signs of ambush, but that doesn't mean much. Goblins are tricky."

OOC what kind of terrain are we in the middle of?

Gurk glares around at the snare, grumbling under his breath. "I can try and trip the snare from here with a burst of my Sacred Flames. I just don't know what that trap will do when it goes off."

"Only one way to find out. If you'd prefer that, I can try to scare up any potential look-outs first. Send them a little sound that sends them running."

Gurk nods. "I can wait while you do that. In the meantime, I suggest everyone be ready for anything."

Mor'du stands ready. "Go ahead and do what you will. I am set."

"Good, then. Just a moment." Inkiira moves up two more steps, then begins to mumble words and lets her hands cut through the air in quick, well-practiced gestures. A moment later, a low growl breaks the forest's relative silence. It comes from somewhere to her left, and ahead, near the snare but not quite there. It ends a moment after, just to turn into a thundering roar that does not belong here. In fact, the drow's illusion imitates the sound of those demonic hounds that sometimes roamed the underdark at her kind's command.

Using minor illusion to create a beast's sound near the snare. Don't know if a roll is needed for that, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back