• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Lost Days [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Valerie - House
Just as Valerie thought that she was going to be bitten, she would be saved by Stephanie. The grip on her hair would loosen, allowing her to finish the fifth and final zombie that was gnawing on her baseball bat. As she managed to push it to the ground, she finished it off by throwing the bat at its head before it stopped moving. The young mother proceeded to lean against the counter, panting in exhaustion as she held her belly with one hand and keeping herself standing by holding onto the counter. "Yeah...Yeah, I'm fine...Should have brought some work out clothing..." She sighed before straightening out her dress. "Anyway, you can...get down from there. I...I know a safe place and have...One more bed to spare. Three beds total. So..." She then stood up and held her back. "Oh my god, I really chose a bad time to get knocked up..." She took one last deep breath before looking at both Stephanie and the girl on top of the Refrigerator. "Okay, ready to get going?" She asked, gently rubbing her belly as it started to hurt.
WillfulWren WillfulWren R Rock And Roll Boy

Stephanie gave Valerie's back a soft rub, now concerned for her. If she was getting tired that quickly.
"Maybe, when we get to safety, you should leave the fieldwork to us. If you're struggling after a few minutes..."

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Even though the danger was over, the blonde girl was still trembling all over, legs having gone like jelly - a fact Clarisse didn't discover until she dropped down from the top of the fridge, aiming for a neat graceful landing... Only to have her legs give way underneath her, sending her crashing down.

She hissed in pain as she got back to her feet, looking slightly sheepish as she took in Valerie's condition. "Now you're making me feel bad that I couldn't handle that myself and had to get a pregnant woman to save my ass..." She muttered, before smiling brightly.
"Thanks for taking care of them for me, though. I'm not very good at combat situations. Where, exactly are you hiding out?"

Valerie - Streets
When Stephanie suggested that she left the field work to her and possible the new girl, Valerie only nodded. She took another deep breath as she felt Stephanie rub her back. When the other woman fell down from the fridge, Valerie only raised an eyebrow. "Don't feel too bad, sweetie, you were outnumbered, to be fair." The young mother commented when she said that she felt bad about how she had to be saved by a pregnant woman. "If there's anything I've learned, nothing is more fierce then a Mother's love." She looked at the backdoor, where the zombies were clawing at the window in an attempt to get in. Luckily for the three women, there were only two of them and that wasn't going to be nearly enough to break a window down. "I'm currently taking shelter at the Hotel not far from here. I'm staying on the fourth floor and...my Room has three beds. Or well, two beds and a couch that has a pull-out bed. Ha...Pull Out bed..." She laughed a little as she looked down at her belly. "And instead of getting up close and personal...I might just stick to using guns or something. C'mon, let's get back to the hotel before it gets dark though."
WillfulWren WillfulWren R Rock And Roll Boy

Last edited:
Felix nodded, eyes still where Clarisse had disappeared into the distance. Slowly he managed to pull his gaze away, look around himself one last time, and head into town.

Dede Dede

Hunter Russo: Pleasantview Shopping District, Pleasantview Off License

Hunter opened a bottle of Lightningβ„’ energy drink.

He pondered over what had happened 4 days ago. When he was was walking back to his home he was chased by a group zombies. It started out with 4 zombies. But each zombie he put a bullet in 2 more came into its place, then 3, then 4.

He was soon overwhelmed and forced to break into a barricaded grocery store. When he had got rid of the zombies there he barricaded the place. with the furniture inside and rotten pieces of wood broken off from them. The shelves were nearly empty except for the things that were perishable. Which had perished. The halal and kosher in the back stank of rotten carcasses which Hunter would never think he would have smelled before. Several bottles of air freshener did the trick. However, he was pleased to see that the spirits and wine shelves were not completely empty.

It had been apparent that people before had tried to hole up here. So he had no intention to stay here. Or check the upstairs which was probably the house of the people who lived here.

He looked down, and realized he hasn't drank his drink yet.

Lauren Holmes | North central, warehouse

Doaheem Doaheem BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

For one brief, morbid split second Lauren thought Gary was going to shoot her and the new stranger. Betrayed by a snail, she thought, what a way to go. But the shot never came-- the infected closing in were the ones to fall instead, popping like the worst kind of water balloon in short succession. Gary was a good shot, thank god.

She picked up speed, hand tight around the pregnant woman's until they finally slipped through the warehouse doors. It was dark and musty and drafty, but quiet. Deliciously quiet. Dangerously quiet. She hoped it would stay that way long enough for a good night's sleep.

Settling the other woman against a wall, she spun on her heels to help Gary close and block up the door whatever way possible. The brunt of the pack outside had been felled, but it was only a matter of time before more came shambling from the gunshots. Maybe Felix had heard them too?

Later, Lauren. Focus.

"Hey, are you alright?" she turned back to the other woman once the door had been successfully Closed. "Here I think have some water left-"

Off came her backpack and down she went, rummaging through it's contents on her knees. She always shoved her water bottle down at the bottom in case it leaked-- better to get just her back wet instead of all her stuff AND her back...

Sam Hewitt - (Furniture Store)

Luckily, the woman agreed right away to show him to shelter. As sure as he was that she'd go along with it, there was a non-zero chance that she could have brushed him off, or worse, accused him of malicious intent. He was glad that she was the more trusting sort. The two were on their way well before their situation with the zombies became dire. Their progress was quite slow, given the woman's condition. Much slower than Sam would have liked, for sure. All along the way, he kept glancing over his shoulder at the horde, to make sure they weren't gaining too much ground. The distance between the two and the undead was more than enough to ensure their survival. Still, Sam couldn't help but worry as they inched closer with every minute they were pursued. He didn't relax until the two were finally at the furniture gallery. What had probably been no more than 20 minutes had felt like a lifetime.

Sam watched as the woman dead bolted the door and gave a small frown.

"I'm sure there are plenty of mattresses around here." She hobbled about, leaning against things for support and heaving deep sighs, visibly in discomfort. Sam felt bad for her. "You should lie down. I'll take care of the door."

There was a massive stand-up dresser nearby that caught Sam's eye. Solid wood, it looked like it'd do just the trick. He retrieved it from its bedroom display -- a scene that might have looked warm and comforting under any other circumstances, but now, in the dim light and dust, looked almost haunting. Fortunately, the bottom of the dresser had been fitted with felt pads so that it could slide easily across the floor without scuffing it up. It made moving it possible for one man. Sam slid the hulking piece towards the door and, very carefully and with some strain, tipped it over and lowered it on its side. He pushed it firmly against the door and made sure it wouldn't budge. It didn't. He stepped back, and the door rattled from forces on the outside. But it didn't budge.

After watching the door for a minute longer to ensure the zombies couldn't break in if they were persistent enough, he returned to where he last saw the woman to check up on her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked quietly. He felt a bit exhausted himself, all of the sudden. The adrenaline was draining out of his system, leaving his limbs feeling heavy.

Gary Paulson - 43 - Central North part of town - old brick warehouse BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Hoax Hoax

The two women were able to get into the warehouse... whether that was good or bad was yet to be determined. With a great effort, he dragged the door back into place and was very relieved to see the young girl helping to close it. Some had closed and were reaching inside the door hoping to claim one last bite. Gary grunted and strained as he kicked at the encroaching dead and created just a large enough hole for it to shut. Again the teacher took solace in knowing that the undead tended to struggle with pulling doors. The young woman found some rubbish to block the way and Gary hoped that would be enough. The teacher collapsed against a rack beside the doors and wheezed heavily, coughing and gulping in air. He could feel the adrenaline in his chest thumping, his fingers trembled and when he heard the pregnant woman thank them for helping he rounded his attention on her aggressively. The sound of another human talking had become something alien to him and it clashed with his initial instincts.

Before he could say or do anything though, the other young woman spoke up and addressed the pregnant woman and just like the two were talking.

"No..no problem. I'm going to check the building... exits... infected."

He was still wheezing but he needed to shake off the adrenaline, he hadn't been that close to trouble in quite some time. So Gary shakily stood up and grasped his rifle and flashlight. Christ he wanted a smoke, he would have killed someone for a taste of addictive smoke in his lungs.

"Be.. right back."

He moved away from them and began to investigate the warehouse they'd taken refuge in.

((Picking up from the grocery-store incident.. if you're interested take a look at my CS))
Anna sighed and rubbed her face while walking down the huge..wide..empty.. dirty main street. It had been a few days.. but. Her necklaces clinked quietly together as a slight breeze stirred. Her headache had subsided to a dull throb once she had woken up... from passing out... on the roof top of that grocery store.
"Ugh.." she mumbled and rubbed at her eyes.
There were people in this town. She saw signs of it everywhere. Especially since there were a bunch of walkers all around..

((Open for any interaction!))

Last edited:
Hunter Russo: Pleasantview Shopping District, Pleasantview Off License

The beds upstairs were much more comfortable then a counter with a blanket and pillow. However the quaint house was lacking anything of value. He was hoping he would be able to resupply upstairs. However there was barely any food. He would have to move elsewhere soon.

Dispatching the zombies were easy enough with a meat cleaver and a baseball bat. They didn't even hear him. He had spent the last 4 days getting drunk, smoking, reading his book, brooding in silence ad sleeping. He fully intended to milk all of the supplies here until there was none left. Which means he would leave tomorrow. He started to pack his bag. All previous intention to leave as soon as possible had went. He was relaxed. He thought the people before had not barricaded well enough. He made sure there was not a crack of daylight on the 1st floor.

He fell asleep.

Victoria - Furniture Gallery
After her new companion barricaded the front door, the young mother slowly waddled to the most comfortable mattress, closer towards the back near the employee break room, or what it used to be. Sighing, she just set her bag and her weapon on the nearest nightstand before straightening out her bloodied dress. Stacking two pillows on top of each other, Victoria began to relax, feeling tired as not only was she trying to get away from zombies, but the pregnancy was taking its toll on her. Who knew the baby in her belly would be so heavy... As he came back to check up on her, she was already relaxing into the pillows and practically getting ready to go to sleep, with the blanket already covering her legs. When he had asked about how she was feeling, Victoria answered a bit more truthfully. "To be honest...tired...huge...as big as a house. I didn't think unborn babies would be so...heavy." She sighed, holding her swollen belly. "Like, my legs hurt, my back hurts...my belly feels as heavy as an overgrown pumpkin..." She droned on for a few minutes. "I'm sorry...We're up to our necks in zombies and here I am, bitching about how I'm knocked up and fat." She commented, blushing a little, her cheeks turning red.
cosowarrior cosowarrior

Vivian - Warehouse
When asked if she was alright, Vivian only nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I haven't been bitten or scratched yet, so that is a good sign..." She took a deep breath just as Lauren's backpack hit the floor. As the man with the rifle left to explore the warehouse, Vivian sat down with the other woman. It was nice to have company. While looking through her own bag, she decided to give the woman an unopened can of soup in exchange for a sip of the water. "Sometimes I forget that hydration is important for a pregnant lady..." She sighed as she pulled out an unopened can of soup. "For a bit of water, I can give you this." She said before setting it aside as she held her belly. "Wonder if there is a lounge area. I'd take sleeping on a couch over concrete flooring..." She frowned as she felt the baby kicking.
Hoax Hoax Doaheem Doaheem

Stephanie nodded in agreement, the mere thought of Valerie's shelter making her comfortable. She took off her glasses again, missing a spot. Cleaning them, she looked up at the pregnant woman. "Maybe not guns. Ammunition is too precious to use up. Like I said, you should remain at the hideout whilst the rest of us do the dirty work".

WillfulWren WillfulWren

Hunter Russo: Pleasantview Shopping District, Streets.

Hunter crawled through back alleys. Occasionally going through a building. Avoiding the former people inside and outside them. If it came down to it. He would have to get close up and personal. He did not want a repeat of the last time he used a gun. It seemed strange. Before of you spent all of your time in a dark alley you would end up mugged. So you would stick to the main street. But now everything was flipped. Walkers owned the streets like a gang.

In the distance she saw a woman atop of a grocery store roof. He probably would have made a beeline for the store. Except the walker mafia would mug him. "Strange I wonder what she is doing up there."

He soon came to a barricaded furniture store. He assumed these people tried to hole up against the onslaught but failed. He needed to get through somehow to find more supplies. He made sure there were no more unwelcome glass pieces through a busted window. And climbed through

Sam Hewitt - (Furniture Store)

Sam listened quietly to the young mother, his expression thoughtful but with the hint of a frown tugging at the corner of his lips. He remembered what it was like when his mother was pregnant, both times, with his younger brothers. The pregnancies had been hard on her. She struggled to function on a day to day basis, even without the Apocalypse upon them. It was no surprise this woman had her fair share of complaints, under the circumstances.

"It's okay," he reassured her, offering a weary smile to show that there was no need for her to feel embarrassed, "Sounds tough. I can't imagine bei-"

He was stopped mid-sentence when, suddenly, there was a loud crash toward the front of the building. Sam's heart seized. His first thought was that he had left the barricade too soon. The zombies found another way in. He should have blocked the windows, stood guard a while longer, waited until they were either gone or inside--

The sharp tinkle of straggler pieces of glass falling to the ground as something crawled in through the broken window snapped him to the present. Sam reached over his shoulder and pulled the tennis racket case, which he wore on his back, over his head. He unzipped it as quietly as he could and took out the silver and purple racket within. It was made of some kind of lightweight metal, a dented frame around frayed and broken strings. As it was his only functioning weapon against the monsters, it would have to do.

Sam glanced back at the young mother, but made no sound. She was capable of making her own decisions, he assumed, and didn't need him to tell her whether to hunker down or find another way out. Instead, he turned toward the front of the building and crept forth, peering over the furniture displays in search of whatever had broken in.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Lord_Toast_Reborn Lord_Toast_Reborn

Hunter Russo: (Furniture Store)

Hunter walked through the building. He simply walked towards the other side of the building. Whilst he walked through. He wondered what time it was. Not at all concerned by a man creeping towards her and another woman. Until he looked around the building. The one he brought the new sofas from once. And spotted a pregnant woman.

"Crap."

He would have to make sure not to be spotted. The woman did not seem to be moving towards him. Unbeknownst to him. Somebody was. He crouched down. Trying to make it towards another window. Where he could smash it. And leg it back to home.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 cosowarrior cosowarrior

Victoria - Furniture Gallery
When the man tried to comfort her, it wasn't long until the two heard a loud noise, particularly the sound of a window being broken. He then retrieved a weapon and went to investigate. Taking a deep breath, she looked over at her crowbar before slowly swinging her legs off the mattress and getting up to her feet. So much for resting, she thought. Hopefully the undead flesh addicts did not break their way into the gallery. Last she remembered, he was very thorough in barricading the door. Unless they were in super large groups, chances of them breaking a window down were rather slim. However, it would help if she wasn't so heavy. Slowly, she started waddling towards the source of the noise, ready to kill whatever was there, tightly gripping her crowbar.
cosowarrior cosowarrior Lord_Toast_Reborn Lord_Toast_Reborn

Lauren Holmes | Central north side, warehouse

Doaheem Doaheem BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Lauren nodded to Gary, watching him leave to check the exists. He was a little odd around the edges, but she kinda liked him. Could just be because he was the first person she'd met in a while and hadn't tried to kill her, but she had a feeling he was a decent guy when the end of the world wasn't happening.

A can bumped into her hand, snapping her back to the present.

"Wha- oh no, you keep it!" she pushed the offered can back to the new woman, shaking her head. "I've gotten used to rationing, you're eating and drinking for two. I can spare the water."

Her eyes dipped to the woman's stomach on their own, and though she didn't mean to stare... Well. Hard not to. Reminded her a bit of mom, though mom had always seemed way bigger... Probably 'cause Lauren herself was way smaller at the time, heh. She hoped mom was okay, wherever she was.

"I can go look for something once the exits are clear," she offered, "I don't really wanna sleep on the floor again either... Spare clothes only do so much as a pillow."

Vivian - Warehouse
When the young woman declined on the canned food, Vivian quietly placed it into her backpack, smiling a little as it felt like her well-being was noted. She also noticed the woman staring at her swollen belly. Normally, she'd have that 'WTF' reaction, but given the situation they were in, surely there were worse things to complain about then someone commenting on how big her belly has gotten, or how much weight she has gained. "Sadly, you're right. Hopefully if there's a couch, there's a pull out bed...haha...pull-out bed..." She added, making a joke on how she had gotten pregnant.

Her thoughts briefly turned to her sisters, as they were also pregnant and in the same stage as her. Only difference was their due dates were a few days apart, but within the same week, even though it was speculated that they'd all go into labor at the same time. Taking a deep breath, she nodded as the other woman said that she'd go look for something once the exits were clear. "We can always go together. I don't think its a good idea for me to be by myself." She said as she started holding her belly, feeling the baby kicking and fidgeting. "Can you help me up?" She asked. "My back and this wall are not compatible..."
Hoax Hoax

Gary Paulson | Central north side, warehouse

Gary could hear the girls chattering in the background and tried to pick up a word or two but it was mostly smothered by the muffled sounds of the undead just beyond the door. He was still gulping down air trying to settle himself, his heart was still thumping against his chest but at least they had a moment. With his rifle slung, Gary popped out his maglite and began to search the area.

It was dark and way too dusty. It looked like someone had used it to store antique stuff with the intention of making a museum because it had wagons, crates, thick ropes and tackle, and other interesting things but unfortunately none of it was directly of interest to their current situation. Panning around he could see there was a catwalk that ran around the perimeter of the warehouse along with what appeared to be an office at the far side on the second floor. Perhaps it was for the manager back in the day?

He eventually decided it was safe and stopped to think for a moment, he could leave right now, would the girls even notice? Would they care? Would they survive? Did it matter? There was a good size horde outside it was likely the case that there was an exit somewhere with empty streets he could use. His head was spinning with two different thoughts warring for control, he felt a shred of humanity demanding that he stayed while another part screamed to leave and to look out for himself. He started coughing again, retching in his chest and struck the wall with his palm in frustration. After he composed himself he headed back to the two girls and abruptly sat on a crate a little ways from them.

"Seems clear. Least they don't have a way to get in... Only thing resembling a room is a manager office looking thing on the second."

Felix Holmes | Northeast, McDonald's, Pleasantview | N/A​
Today was not going well for poor Felix Holmes. Not only had there been a collection of zombies that came out of nowhere, but he'd been separated from his one companion. Great. Stellar, even.

Of course this had happened, he thought to himself, Of course things couldn't just go right for once. How could he have ever expected differently?

His mind was filled with thoughts of the horrible things that had or would happen to Ryan, of the horrible things that he was sure had befallen his parents and dog and, on the rare occasions he could admit it to himself the obvious, his sister.

Currently, Felix found himself in a lock-in freezer, back to the door, alone with his thoughts. The smell of rot might have been enough to make him gag if he weren't already well acquainted with it, which was, in and of itself, pretty fucked up.

Deep down, he couldn't help but blame himself. If he had noticed the zombies even a second earlier- if he had reached for Ryan a moment sooner- maybe Ryan would be here with him. He kept quiet, listening to the shuffling outside the room.

Quietly, he peeked up and out of the fridge. Coast clear and bat ready, Felix got up, and oh so slowly opened the fridge door, trying to stifle his shakes from adrenaline. Quickly, he searched for anything salvageable. He wasn't surprised when he came up with nothing, and he tried to stifle any disappointment- What had he been expecting, really? Food spoiled, and fast food stores were raided.

He continued on his way to search for and- hopefully- clear some homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back