• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Lost Children- (a superhuman Lab rat Rp.)

Not decided just yet, but would something like hemokinesis be applicable here? I'm guessing it would be restricted to the users blood if so.
Also, are you planning this to be long term? I only really get involved in roleplays that plan to go for long enough to actually resolve some plot :P Am interested in the theme though.
I am glad someone claimed this one. Yes it is acceptable.

Unlike the other procedures this one was a total hit or miss. Either the body rejects the procedure and you die instantly, or it is a success and there are no side effects at all.

Clearly this is the latter scenario.

The procedure starts and ends with two implants done under anesthesia so the subject wouldn't even remember them. One in the brain and one in the heart.

The brain implant is actually a A.I Hivemind named "Father"

The heart is an implant named "Mother".

Father controls the swarm, and while it does have a mind of its own (like Gaara's sand from Naruto) it is preprogrammed to Love and obey the subject so while conscious the subject is in the drivers seat. While unconscious father defends the subject.

Mother on the other hand attaches the "workers" of the Swarm to the blood cells of the subject. The workers receive signals from "Father" which causes them to adjust magnetic fields they generate to create mobile blood. They also store 30x the amount of oxygen that a normal blood cell does allowing the subject to prevent the effects of blood loss so long as 2% of their blood still is im their body.

Father also does the mathwork and calculations for the magnetic fields so all the subject needs yo do is think of a general shape and father will cause the blood to adhere to this shape.

Ok so the superhuman senses are achieved in three separate ways that all work together to make the most Sensory powerful being on earth.

First came the computer implant. It was a massive computer designed to replace the memory center of the brain. It allows for theoretically infinite storage capacity by building artificial braincells to hold a super computers worth of information each. Which is needed for the next series of implants.

Phase 2 was the replacing of the sensory sectors of the brain. Set with a thought activated "Power wheel" this allows the subject to adjust how much brain power is directed to each sense. Which already amplified the senses to a high degree. (The subject could sacrifice vision, taste, touch, and smell to amplify their hearing to the point that they could hear a heart beat from 1000 yards away through stone walls.) it also allows the subject to filter out the excess input so they only hear, see ,smell ,taste , or feel what they want to.

The final piece was the surgeries.

The eyes were removed and replaced with the most advanced optics imaginable. It allows the subject to amplify the range of vision, the zoom, and light Levels. (Can see the whites of a mans eyes from 7 miles away in any level of light, Can see in absolute darkness, and can see microscopic objects. Even objects in space while on the ground.)

Eardrums were replaced with highly advanced vibrational detectors allowing the subject to hear conversations from up to 7 miles away, detect sounds that humans and even animals cannot. And even echolocate.

Olfactory nerves were switched out for molecular detectors/filter which can identify chemicals in the air less than 1 part per billion. They can smell otherwise odorless chemicals and even filter out harmful toxins. Subject displays an immunity to any aerosolized chemicals and toxins so long as they breath through their nose. These same detectors are applied to the mouth allowing the subject to detect any taste or flavor but he filters are not present so the subject is vulnerable to ingested toxins.

The skin is modified with an external layer of artificial nerves that allow them to detect the faintest disturbances in the magnetic fields and atmospheric pressure around them. The subject claims to be able to feel doors open all throughout the facility. And even when confined to a sensory deprivation chamber seems aware of the presence and motion that happens within 30ft of it. Even while asleep the subject displays amazing situational awareness.

Hella cool, thank you!!

Assuming everyone is happy with their stats and details we are now up to Subject 5.

Only one spot left you guys. Claim your powers now. If you dont make the cut no worries.

I will be opening spots for agents of Project Seraphim once the threads are posted.

I am glad someone claimed this one. Yes it is acceptable.

Unlike the other procedures this one was a total hit or miss. Either the body rejects the procedure and you die instantly, or it is a success and there are no side effects at all.

Clearly this is the latter scenario.

The procedure starts and ends with two implants done under anesthesia so the subject wouldn't even remember them. One in the brain and one in the heart.

The brain implant is actually a A.I Hivemind named "Father"

The heart is an implant named "Mother".

Father controls the swarm, and while it does have a mind of its own (like Gaara's sand from Naruto) it is preprogrammed to Love and obey the subject so while conscious the subject is in the drivers seat. While unconscious father defends the subject.

Mother on the other hand attaches the "workers" of the Swarm to the blood cells of the subject. The workers receive signals from "Father" which causes them to adjust magnetic fields they generate to create mobile blood. They also store 30x the amount of oxygen that a normal blood cell does allowing the subject to prevent the effects of blood loss so long as 2% of their blood still is im their body.

Father also does the mathwork and calculations for the magnetic fields so all the subject needs yo do is think of a general shape and father will cause the blood to adhere to this shape.
Wasn't expecting that :D I'm not familiar with Naruto (I know, I know, I'm an anime heathen) but I think I get it.
Also, since the blood is carrying more oxygen would the user have enhanced stamina? Not that I mind too much. Sounds good though, thanks for that.

Wasn't expecting that :D I'm not familiar with Naruto (I know, I know, I'm an anime heathen) but I think I get it.
Also, since the blood is carrying more oxygen would the user have enhanced stamina? Not that I mind too much. Sounds good though, thanks for that.
Yes that is highly accurate. However considering that the subject can operate at peak capacity with just 2% of their blood, if all of the blood is in them (or they cycle it properly) they can effectively become immune to fatigue all together.

Would a power like detachable limbs (think axolotl but more sci-fi) be okay?
I plan to play a boy, probably 10-14.
Yes and no. In order to make it useful id need some minor changes (it wouldn't actually be their limbs just an artificial and possibly mechanical version.)

Fair warning it would be a less advanced version of the blood bending capabilities so you may wish to choose a different. Ability as our blood bender would be a better version in a sense.

Also that is what i like to see. Think of new ways to use the power and grow your character accordingly. Thats the whole point of this story. :)

Yes and no. In order to make it useful id need some minor changes (it wouldn't actually be their limbs just an artificial and possibly mechanical version.)

Fair warning it would be a less advanced version of the blood bending capabilities so you may wish to choose a different. Ability as our blood bender would be a better version in a sense.

So if my character had cyborg arms (or legs... I think arms would be more useful) that functioned as detachable and independent robotic appendages, would that be still to similar to the bloodbending?

So if my character had cyborg arms (or legs... I think arms would be more useful) that functioned as detachable and independent robotic appendages, would that be still to similar to the bloodbending?
Kinda the same magnetic technology would be applies. But that is where the similarities end.

Is this the final choice?

Ok so your character was designed as an attempt at making an operative who can be in many places at once.

The solution. Several A.I consciousnesses that make up one body. It started with several horrible surgeries and was likely the most grotesque experiment to date. Your character died 6 times over the course of the procedures but was able to pull through each time.

Piece by Piece they assembled a mechanical body but it started with the replacement of the blood for a nanobot swarm similar to our blood benders. However these nanites didnt target the blood. Instead they clumped at the limbs severing arteries and breaking bones as they made room for the limbs to detach and grow a tiny mechanical brain. The result is a person who can break their body into numerous parts. Each time the subject breaks a part off (can activate the detach via thought.) the part grows its own consciousness pre-designed to think of itself as a child of the subject. Which can act independently of the subject and be commanded. However the subjects head remains vulnerable. All detached pieces must stay within 30 yards of the subject or they lose their ability to move. This is because a vast clump of the nanites exist within the subjects head which generates the magnetic fields that allow the limbs their movement while detached. However at any distance the limbs can relay information across vast distances to one another and pieces can be regrown by the nanites but it can take between 1-7 days depending on the pieces function.

The final aspect as to augment the limbs of the subject with a variety of weapons and mechanical augmentations (you pick up to 6 total. Must be weapons, recon, or defensive equipment. )

Okay! So for the augmentation, I was thinking:

1. 4" Blade (attached to left thumb)
  2. 4" Blade (Attatched to right thumb)
  3. Lockpick (Attached to right index finger)
  4. Hollow for storing small found items (Concealed in right leg... probably no bigger than a pocket but more stealthy.)
  5. Electrode for emergency resuscitation (Left palm... Would likely kill anyone woth significant metal components in their chest area, but useful for most normal folks. Would not be strong enough to severely injure an adult human, but would definitely not be comfortable,)
  6. Flashlight (left forefinger)

Okay! So for the augmentation, I was thinking:

1. 4" Blade (attached to left thumb)
  2. 4" Blade (Attatched to right thumb)
  3. Lockpick (Attached to right index finger)
  4. Hollow for storing small found items (Concealed in right leg... probably no bigger than a pocket but more stealthy.)
  5. Electrode for emergency resuscitation (Left palm... Would likely kill anyone woth significant metal components in their chest area, but useful for most normal folks. Would not be strong enough to severely injure an adult human, but would definitely not be comfortable,)
  6. Flashlight (left forefinger)
Swiss Army Man

Also, while we're still discussing the logistics, about how fast is the removal process? Do the limbs just snap off like a doll's (carrying some potentially injurious momentum) or do they slowly break away like a branch being pulled off a tree? What's the reattachment process like? Is it easy, or does it take time?

Also, while we're still discussing the logistics, about how fast is the removal process? Do the limbs just snap off like a doll's (carrying some potentially injurious momentum) or do they slowly break away like a branch being pulled off a tree? What's the reattachment process like? Is it easy, or does it take time?
Ill say the detachment is almost instant (about .9 seconds.) and feels like when you pop your knuckles. However the reattachment process while just as quick is about as painful as popping a dislocated limb back into place. This gives your character a higher pain threshold than the average person.

Ill say the detachment is almost instant (about .9 seconds.) and feels like when you pop your knuckles. However the reattachment process while just as quick is about as painful as popping a dislocated limb back into place. This gives your character a higher pain threshold than the average person.

Cool! Thank you!

My character is underway!
Would our characters know their full birth names or would they have been given aliases by the Seraphim researchers? (seeing as they're kidnapped children, I would think their identities would be confidential)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back