• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Loop | OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yea! Maybe they're good friends, who've known each other for a while? Maybe the kids of the Loop employees hang out or something.
ooo i like that idea! their parents might be friends then too? and they both like to rebel a bit

Feel free to bring up concepts! I'm a lil busy ATM but I will get back to you when I'm able to chit chat <3

Amber and Jace kinda both have that obsession with the Loop and it's work, maybe there is something to build on there?

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Lux or just call me stark or whatever, and I also have a Troublemaker character for T2. I have a bunch of work stuff going on today but imma finish reading all the CSs and the IC hopefully later today. I posted the character sheet, though I'd like to fix it up and make it look decent when I have time, but if anyone wants to plot lmk.

Amber and Jace kinda both have that obsession with the Loop and it's work, maybe there is something to build on there?
That would be interesting! Maybe they met this summer, at the library or something, due to their interest in the Loop? Jace considers her a valuable research partner maybe? What do you think?

Yeah I think that's a good call. Amber would probably be happy for any better knowledge of the inside, and try ad provide Jace with info in return.

Alright after not being around due to work and stuff I'm available do do some plotting if anyone desires 🤡 just let me know

Besides that I'll be taking a small poll in a bit about how to go about 'events' that happen in the group, but more on that later when I actually write it up

Okay, I'm still not fully caught up on reading, but...I have some ideas for character relationships but feel free to completely disagree.

In general, Kai is also a child of a DART employee with a lot of curiosity surrounding it. She also has a lot of resources in terms of getting into trouble/places one should not be. And I thought perhaps elytra elytra Jesse's lockpicking knowhow could come in handy at some point..

plague rats plague rats I think Keaton and Kai might get along pretty well. She rides her brother's old motorcycle but I don't think that she would really know much about mechanics, so perhaps she gets Keaton's advice/help with it. Her brother left town a while ago and the family never had much money so I think it would not be in the best shape. I also think their shared thrill-seeker attitudes would mesh well.

Arai Arai Amber and Kai have some similar traits to an extent, and they are in the same grade. They could be friendly, or maybe they just don't have much chance to interact. Also, depending on how you'd feel about this, I feel like Kai might be nervous around her because she's pretty.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky As fellow troublemakers, I would think Kai and Jace would have some kind of...maybe friend/foe relationship? I could certainly imagine her coming to him for help with grades. They also both had brothers who disappeared, but Kai's was not DART-related and she did not revere her brother as Jace seems to have.

elytra elytra I feel like Jesse and Kai wouldn't intersect much, but I definitely feel like she would love to get his help with lockpicking. Maybe she saw him with a lockpicking book and tried to talk to him about it, but I don't know if he'd want to teach her or be involved in any antics in any way. She might put on pressure or try to give him something in return..

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo I think Kiki and Kai would get along well, and possibly hang in the same circles. Kai might also go to her for help with her brother's motorcycle. And I can't find it now but I think I saw somewhere that it said people wouldn't sell to Kiki so she had to get people to buy for her--Kai would always be ready and willing to score for anyone, providing she got a bump or two out of it. Kai is also into street art/graffiti.

I think there are a couple more CSs I have yet to read and more of the ICs but lmk if any of that sounds good or if you have other ideas...

Yeah I think that's a good call. Amber would probably be happy for any better knowledge of the inside, and try ad provide Jace with info in return.
Sounds good! Let me update the cs!
Okay, I'm still not fully caught up on reading, but...I have some ideas for character relationships but feel free to completely disagree.

In general, Kai is also a child of a DART employee with a lot of curiosity surrounding it. She also has a lot of resources in terms of getting into trouble/places one should not be. And I thought perhaps elytra elytra Jesse's lockpicking knowhow could come in handy at some point..

plague rats plague rats I think Keaton and Kai might get along pretty well. She rides her brother's old motorcycle but I don't think that she would really know much about mechanics, so perhaps she gets Keaton's advice/help with it. Her brother left town a while ago and the family never had much money so I think it would not be in the best shape. I also think their shared thrill-seeker attitudes would mesh well.

Arai Arai Amber and Kai have some similar traits to an extent, and they are in the same grade. They could be friendly, or maybe they just don't have much chance to interact. Also, depending on how you'd feel about this, I feel like Kai might be nervous around her because she's pretty.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky As fellow troublemakers, I would think Kai and Jace would have some kind of...maybe friend/foe relationship? I could certainly imagine her coming to him for help with grades. They also both had brothers who disappeared, but Kai's was not DART-related and she did not revere her brother as Jace seems to have.

elytra elytra I feel like Jesse and Kai wouldn't intersect much, but I definitely feel like she would love to get his help with lockpicking. Maybe she saw him with a lockpicking book and tried to talk to him about it, but I don't know if he'd want to teach her or be involved in any antics in any way. She might put on pressure or try to give him something in return..

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo I think Kiki and Kai would get along well, and possibly hang in the same circles. Kai might also go to her for help with her brother's motorcycle. And I can't find it now but I think I saw somewhere that it said people wouldn't sell to Kiki so she had to get people to buy for her--Kai would always be ready and willing to score for anyone, providing she got a bump or two out of it. Kai is also into street art/graffiti.

I think there are a couple more CSs I have yet to read and more of the ICs but lmk if any of that sounds good or if you have other ideas...

I think Jace would kind of see her as frenemies... But she buys his ‘wares’, so he doesn’t really mind her too much. Is that alright?

Haha he'd definitely be 100% suspicious at first of the whole looking into lock picking thing. Like, him aside, thats not just something people look into, and he'd be EXTRA suspicious that this random person has come up to ask him about it. He probably wouldn't teach it and instead be like "jesus ok if you're going to do something I'll handle that part so I know what you're doing isn't absolutely batshit" because he feels weird teaching someone something like that without knowing what, exactly, they're up to. Plus, if Kai is looking to get into DART stuff, that's sort of in Jesse's wheelhouse; he doesn't have a parent there, but he DOES look into them a lot for personal reasons, so that's more incentive for him to be involved

starkravingsane starkravingsane Keaton would totally help work on the bike for free in exchange for being allowed the occasional joyride. And if Kai's band ever performs life he'd for sure be in the crowd. He could even be their occasional roadie if they need help moving gear.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky I'm not sure how much they would interact because Keaton would think of Jace as a kid lmao. But that plus the fact that Jace is 100% smarter than him I could potentially see a scenario where he manipulates Keaton into doing shit for him.

starkravingsane starkravingsane hey so yeah i could see them hanging in the smoke pit at school and KiKi does tagging but not so much the art side of it all but she'd defo cruise around town with Kai and KiKi's gf (gf is photographer looking to pad portfolio) to check out the art.... and see marked territory too. And yeah, I could totally see Kai as a member of the Hellraiser Crew if you want. KiKi isn't into motorbikes but her bestie Dee is and he does MX and BMXing so he'd defo help out. I'm sure Keaton would do the same lol. And yeah, the drug scene is that her family is linked to organized crime. El Guapo, her Uncle Ricardo is a major player in the Boulder drug scene and makes sure that none of his dealers deal to his nieces and nephews *(weird ikr but he's pretty 'persuasive.') and so she gets others to buy for her.

I think Kai's gender fluidity weirds Kiki out, like she gets it but the pronoun switch thing is beyond her. but tbh KiKi has positive reactions to Kai just doing what she do to be herself. I dont think they'd be close since Kai is younger grade and is pretty standoffish, but KiKi would defo kidnap her and take her to the ridge to party. KiKi dont gets the punk scene, she's more of a ska/reggae/latin vibe girl who is swept up by Michael Jackson too, but defo check out the concerts esp for the afterparty is she's allowed.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky yeah thinking that KiKi and your dude would Not mix. First off, she'd label him as jock material. Boooooo...! lol Second, he's younger grade and Third if Jace's rep is a backstabber... nope full stop. That is like completely opposite of KiKi lol. Her drive is to keep people together. But I do see a link in that if he is a dealer he could have a link to her drug dealing connections and they'd know each of other that way at least?

Amber and Kai have some similar traits to an extent, and they are in the same grade. They could be friendly, or maybe they just don't have much chance to interact. Also, depending on how you'd feel about this, I feel like Kai might be nervous around her because she's pretty.
I like that a lot. It's nice to have some younger characters around instead of her hanging with people 2 years older than her. If you wanna play into the nervous, that's fine by me, I like the idea that they're quite good friends. They both hang around with the older crew but it's nice to have someone the same age.

Alright after not being around due to work and stuff I'm available do do some plotting if anyone desires 🤡 just let me know

Besides that I'll be taking a small poll in a bit about how to go about 'events' that happen in the group, but more on that later when I actually write it up
Hi!!

So did you want to hold off posting until the poll goes up?

starkravingsane starkravingsane Keaton would totally help work on the bike for free in exchange for being allowed the occasional joyride. And if Kai's band ever performs life he'd for sure be in the crowd. He could even be their occasional roadie if they need help moving gear.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky I'm not sure how much they would interact because Keaton would think of Jace as a kid lmao. But that plus the fact that Jace is 100% smarter than him I could potentially see a scenario where he manipulates Keaton into doing shit for him.
Yes! That sounds great! They don't interact much, but when they do, its mostly Jace manipulating him into doing whatever. Jace uses his facade as a 'kid' to manipulate him?

starkravingsane starkravingsane hey so yeah i could see them hanging in the smoke pit at school and KiKi does tagging but not so much the art side of it all but she'd defo cruise around town with Kai and KiKi's gf (gf is photographer looking to pad portfolio) to check out the art.... and see marked territory too. And yeah, I could totally see Kai as a member of the Hellraiser Crew if you want. KiKi isn't into motorbikes but her bestie Dee is and he does MX and BMXing so he'd defo help out. I'm sure Keaton would do the same lol. And yeah, the drug scene is that her family is linked to organized crime. El Guapo, her Uncle Ricardo is a major player in the Boulder drug scene and makes sure that none of his dealers deal to his nieces and nephews *(weird ikr but he's pretty 'persuasive.') and so she gets others to buy for her.

I think Kai's gender fluidity weirds Kiki out, like she gets it but the pronoun switch thing is beyond her. but tbh KiKi has positive reactions to Kai just doing what she do to be herself. I dont think they'd be close since Kai is younger grade and is pretty standoffish, but KiKi would defo kidnap her and take her to the ridge to party. KiKi dont gets the punk scene, she's more of a ska/reggae/latin vibe girl who is swept up by Michael Jackson too, but defo check out the concerts esp for the afterparty is she's allowed.

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky yeah thinking that KiKi and your dude would Not mix. First off, she'd label him as jock material. Boooooo...! lol Second, he's younger grade and Third if Jace's rep is a backstabber... nope full stop. That is like completely opposite of KiKi lol. Her drive is to keep people together. But I do see a link in that if he is a dealer he could have a link to her drug dealing connections and they'd know each of other that way at least?
Maybe they're acquainted, but don't know each other too well?

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky k sounds good. Thinking that she mostly knows of him through Kai. Will update my sheet.

K so I posted. elytra elytra I pushed a bit hard on plot but like easily edited/redirected if need be. Let me know k

Gish_Sky Gish_Sky starkravingsane starkravingsane Once/when/if you guys get your CS approved feel free to do a post with Amber. Center of the party is a little much for her and it gives a nice place to jump in, maybe they agreed to meet up or help her with the police scanner?

Haha he'd definitely be 100% suspicious at first of the whole looking into lock picking thing. Like, him aside, thats not just something people look into, and he'd be EXTRA suspicious that this random person has come up to ask him about it. He probably wouldn't teach it and instead be like "jesus ok if you're going to do something I'll handle that part so I know what you're doing isn't absolutely batshit" because he feels weird teaching someone something like that without knowing what, exactly, they're up to. Plus, if Kai is looking to get into DART stuff, that's sort of in Jesse's wheelhouse; he doesn't have a parent there, but he DOES look into them a lot for personal reasons, so that's more incentive for him to be involved

Yeah, about what I figured. I think Kai would have a lot of other reasons to want to pick locks but I don't know that Jesse would be willing to go along with any of it. If anything comes up in the plot though I'll keep him in mind.

Yeah, that sounds great. Kai would certainly give him a joyride--I'm imagining she's not super great at riding it herself, having had no one to teach her. And yeah, I doubt the band would be super put-together so I'm sure they'd need help moving gear and stuff.

Yeah, I'm starting to rethink Kai's gender stuff, at least the pronouns, because it's the 80s and that's not much of a thing yet. Things are technologically advanced in this scenario but I doubt it would have really led to social advancement beyond the norm. And I certainly do not think Kai would ever tell anyone her pronouns or correct anyone on them. Might go back and edit some of that.

Yeah, I think Kai would definitely go to any party she's invited to/hears about and can crash (though the Hellraiser ones might not be the crashing sort). She's probably not a huge group person so I don't know that she would really want to be member of a crew, but if she could be friendly and hang out with them without being considered something official that would work. Reading KiKi's posts now, I think KiKi might be a bit much for Kai, too--the way she interacts with people, I think Kai might shy away from her forceful nature a bit.

But how about they are friendly and they party together some and help each other out when the need arises?
I like that a lot. It's nice to have some younger characters around instead of her hanging with people 2 years older than her. If you wanna play into the nervous, that's fine by me, I like the idea that they're quite good friends. They both hang around with the older crew but it's nice to have someone the same age.

Sounds good! They can be good friends. I think Kai would like another person who keeps to themselves.
Gish_Sky Gish_Sky starkravingsane starkravingsane Once/when/if you guys get your CS approved feel free to do a post with Amber. Center of the party is a little much for her and it gives a nice place to jump in, maybe they agreed to meet up or help her with the police scanner?

Okay, I'm going to work on that in the next hour or two as long as Gish_Sky Gish_Sky doesn't mind. I don't think Kai would know anything about the tech but she'd sure be interested in warding off cops.

Hi!!

starkravingsane starkravingsane So yeah, that's what I meant about the pronoun thing. Like KikI is openly gay but I don't know how progressive Boulder is in the 80s lol.

And yeah, KiKi's a talkative, bold and in-your-face kinda' girl, but she means well. So that's why I was thinking they wouldn't be close since Kai is pretty closed off emotionally. And yeah, the Hellraisers are more of the uncool deviants and outsiders that like to party hard but usually keep to their own. But for sure I can see them as friendlies that can do favours for each other every so often. K Will update my sheet.

EDIT: Oh and KiKi calls her Avecita, like her little chickadee. Cuz singing, her feathery hair, flying around on the bike, crashing... parties that is lol

Last edited:
K so I posted. elytra elytra I pushed a bit hard on plot but like easily edited/redirected if need be. Let me know k
You can push in on plot so long as your oc is acting how they would generally and you're like, using info that they would know (which is what the rumors are)! Plot will come around one way or another even without searching for it at first, so honestly either way works, and no editing needed for your post. T1 doesn't even have anything to start looking into right now haha they just have the party before their event happens

ALSO! I feel like I should mention that despite being the 80s im not going to push period-typical homophobia/transphobia/etc. Like 🤷‍♂️ honestly it isn't too big a deal to me? I feel out of all the things to keep 'accurate', it isn't high on my list, just because I personally find no fun in playing it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back