• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Long Winter

Shireling

A Servant of King and Country
The Great Lakes Wasteland, 2087

Forty years after the Fall, the United States lays in ruin after the nuclear exchange following the Sino-Indian War of 2031. As the ash clouds blanketed the globe, temperatures plummeted and crops failed. The area around Chicago is now a wasteland fought over by warring groups. The US Army and Chicago Metro Republic are at a standoff in the ruins of Chicago, whilst the burgeoning Plains Confederacy expands across the wastes from the west, bringing it inevitably into the conflict. You are an adventurer, perhaps leaving behind your family, your farm, your scavenger camp, or so forth to travel to Kankakee, the largest trading post in the Great Lakes Wasteland. From there, you may set out to seek your fortune, explore the wastes, or whatever your motivation may be.​

Chicago.jpg

The Long Winter is a post-apocalyptic roleplay set forty years after a nuclear war between India and China has plunged the world into a nuclear winter. You are an adventurer free to explore the dozens of different locations all over the Great Lakes Wasteland and side or not side with any of the major or minor factions. It will be a heavily player-driven adventure story where you may travel in a party or go it alone interacting with NPCs. The Wasteland will also change depending on the character's actions, making decisions lasting and impactful.

nuclear winter.jpg

1. Posts of a minimum three-sentence length are required, at least once every two days and you must be okay with allowing mods to "sideline" your character if you are inactive for a while.
2. Naturally you must abide by the rules of the site.
3. You must be able to participate in a Discord server for announcements, lore, and OOC chat.

A detailed lore collection is available on our personal discord server here:
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Character Sheet Available Here:
Character Sheet:

Character Name:
Sex and Age: (any characters over 60 or so will have memories of the world pre-fall)
Short Biography:
Personality:
Appearance and/or Image:
Skills: (start with three: Shooting, Melee, Unarmed, Computers/Hacking, Survival, Barter, Persuasion, Repair, Explosives, Chemistry, Medicine, Stealth)
Starting Equipment/Clothing:

Shooting: Relates to Marksmanship and Gun Usage
Melee: Relates to skill using melee weapons.
Unarmed: Relates to skill in combat without weapons.
Computers: Relates to the ability to hack computers, understand computer systems, etc.
Survival: Relates to hunting, tracking, knowledge of navigation and terrain.
Barter: Relates to charisma with vendors or business acumen in general.
Persuasion: Relates to the ability to convince NPCs and other characters to do what you want.
Repair: Relates to the ability to repair machinery and weapons.
Explosives: Relates to the ability to craft and use explosives.
Chemistry: Relates to the ability to identify chemicals and create drugs or other useful products.
Medicine: Relates to the ability to identify and treat wounds and illnesses.
Stealth: Relates to the ability to remain concealed from enemies and prey.

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Pat Pat Petroshka Petroshka Crumbli Crumbli

In-Character Thread Coming Soon

I'm down for this, but there seems to be a surprising lack of exercise-related skills, such as endurance or mobility (parkour)

I'm down for this, but there seems to be a surprising lack of exercise-related skills, such as endurance or mobility (parkour)
I wouldn't say endurance is a "skill", it's more of a trait. But I meant to tack this on to the CS, my co-GM has informed me that we should allow at least one player-chosen skill if they so desire. So you can have a character with a skill like, say, acrobatics.

For all those viewing this thread, the RP is underway but it isn't too late to join and we can always use new people. Links to all relevant threads are contained in the discord server, which we use for communication and OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back