• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Long War (Another Try!)

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
The year is 1953. World War II has lasted over ten years with no end in sight. Very little progress has been made on the atomic bomb on either side, and Germany has built a heavily fortified wall around their territory, holding the enroaching Allies off. Due to the need for manpower, women are now allowed to join the military, peppering the ranks just as much as men. These are the stories of these men and women with in the longest and bloodiest war in human history.
Hello! So, this a RP idea I've tried, but each time it's failed for one reason or another. But anyway, as you saw, the basic idea is that the atomic bomb was never made, and Germany was able to fortify itself and keep the Allies out. The Pacific Theatre ended around 1947, when the US finally landed on Japanese soil, and took Tokyo. Italy also fell, much like it did in our history. Pretty much everyone have dedicated themselves to breaking through the German wall, and the folks back home are getting restless for an end to the conflict (well, except in Russia. They're still thirsty for blood.) You can be on any of the fronts. British, American, Russian, German, and any part of said army. Wanna be a Ghurka? Go ahead! Want to be a Ukranian conscript in the German army? Be my guest! Also, due to how long the war has gone on, America and England has allowed for women to enlist as well, though they are not drafted. So yeah! Hope you guys are interested!

CS: Realistic/Modern - The Long War CS

Last edited:
I love alternate history, consider me interested.

I have a question, what's the Eastern Front look like? Have the Baltic's been taken yet or has Germany been able to hold them?

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford quickly question that I felt might concern others. I’m assuming the African front is basically wiped out, and that Germany mostly controls only its occupied countries in Eastern Europe? If not then what does Germany control

I'm gonna say that they still have the Baltics, but they only have the troops to barely hold onto it. They're basically hoping that if they hold out long enough, the Allies will just give up.

I'd like to do this, but I'm being stationed in California this week. I'd only available on weekends. Is that manageable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back