• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
In the far-flung future, war rages. Humanity is at war with the advanced Hegemony, and the Galaxy reels with every star destroyed. It is an era of sabotage and idealogical strife, as Human and Hegemon seek the favor of new races. It is an age of dead stars, of nanomachine plague and nuclear fire, of gravity weapons and .Oblivion Protocols.

It is an Age of Death.

You are a new race, just grasping the power of Faster than Light travel. As the Galaxy burns, you will be forced to choose...

Freedom or Safety.

Man or Hegemon.

Eternal light... or unbroken darkness.

Of course, you have a third choice. Let reality burn.

_______
This is a nation builder I’ve been considering for a long time. I’m looking for players who can stay for a while, and who are interested in a Warhammer-type universe.
Space Buddha Space Buddha

In the far-flung future, war rages. Humanity is at war with the advanced Hegemony, and the Galaxy reels with every star destroyed. It is an era of sabotage and idealogical strife, as Human and Hegemon seek the favor of new races. It is an age of dead stars, of nanomachine plague and nuclear fire, of gravity weapons and .Oblivion Protocols.

It is an Age of Death.

You are a new race, just grasping the power of Faster than Light travel. As the Galaxy burns, you will be forced to choose...

Freedom or Safety.

Man or Hegemon.

Eternal light... or unbroken darkness.

Of course, you have a third choice. Let reality burn.

_______
This is a nation builder I’ve been considering for a long time. I’m looking for players who can stay for a while, and who are interested in a Warhammer-type universe.
Space Buddha Space Buddha

Might want to add some more lore specifications, but I'll join either way lol.

Might want to add some more lore specifications, but I'll join either way lol.

Two hundred years ago, the Hegemony encountered another empire, one comparable to themselves.

The Nexus Imperium, the empire of Humanity.

They offered to add Humanity to their realm, on the condition that they would submit to Hegemon rule. Humanity considered their offer carefully. Some splinter groups joined. But the Nexus politely refused.

The next events are uncertain, with both sides accusing the other of instigating a war. The results are unquestionable. War swept the Galaxy, and with Humanity’s rejection other races seceded from the Hegemony. Now, the Galaxy is trapped in a bloody stalemate, with neither side willing to give in.

Nation Sheet
PM me your sheet, and I’ll review it. Splinter groups of humanity are allowed. Overall power wise, planetary destroyers are the upper limit. I want nicely balanced nations, not overpowered ones. That’ll come later.

Nation Sheet

Name:

Motto: Short, sweet and iconic.

Allegiance:

Hegemony: you serve the biomechanical Hegemon, and can call upon them for aid.

Humanity: you are a protectorate and ally of Humanity.

Independent: you are neutral in the War.

Species Description:

Be detailed and somewhat realistic. I’d prefer more alien species than just a humanoid one, unless you do it well and reasonably.

Government:

Again, be detailed. Nobody should be confused about how you operate.

Ideology:

What does your race find honorable and good? What do they despise?

Tech Tier:

You start at Tier One, with three universal abilities and three ‘free slots’. Technology is advanced with Development Points, which are rewarded for completing missions and successfully committing espionage. Once you have gained ten, you advance a Tier.

Nuclear Reactors, Mark I: Basic power source, requires little fuel.

Kinetic Projectiles, Mark I: Simple Railguns, capable of damaging most ships.

Subspace FTL, Mark I: This is the most important development of your civilization. Subspace can be accessed in numerous ways, but all require a defensive shield of some sort. The only Hegemon-approved method is Subspace Relays. Does not include communications.

Blank Space, Mark I:

Blank Space, Mark I:

Blank Space, Mark I:

Territory: You automatically start with one Star Cluster, approximately twelve stars. You can launch war or exploration missions to expand.

Ships:

You start with three warships and five civilian ships. They are advanced in the same way as Tech Tiers.

Planetary Troops:

You can have ten types of troop. This includes aircraft, aquatic vessels and land forces. Spacecraft go in Ships.

Fate Points:

You start with three of these, and more are difficult to get. They are awarded for good roleplay and in character decisions, and can be used to change the game in some small way to your advantage, or find victory in the most hopeless scenarios.

I have two questions about the possibilities for the nation creation, if you'll humor my curiosity.

First off, what are the chances of having psychic powers? Even if it's weak and not all that powerful?

Second, is it possible to have more then one main species in your group?

I have two questions about the possibilities for the nation creation, if you'll humor my curiosity.

First off, what are the chances of having psychic powers? Even if it's weak and not all that powerful?

Second, is it possible to have more then one main species in your group?
Psychic powers are allowed, and can be powerful. They should not, however, replace technology.

Multiple species are allowed.

I'll try my hand at this. Can I make a species of sentient robots? They were created to maintain but terraform entire planets into lust gardens for their long gone masters. They have a sort of hivemind, but it's mostly distance based instant communication rather then a full blown or connected single mind.

I'll try my hand at this. Can I make a species of sentient robots? They were created to maintain but terraform entire planets into lust gardens for their long gone masters. They have a sort of hivemind, but it's mostly distance based instant communication rather then a full blown or connected single mind.
That works.

Oooh, a sci fi nation builder gimme gimme.

On a serious note, I'll need a few clarifications here and there.

Planetary Troops:

You can have ten types of troop. This includes aircraft, aquatic vessels and land forces. Spacecraft go in Ships.
What counts as a unit?

Are non-combat or combat-adjacent roles also considered troops? Things like medics, combat engineers, logistics vehicles, AWACS aircraft, bridgelayers, mobile radars and all the other things?

Just how different do the units need to be to count as different? Can the same type of infantry carry assault rifles, MANPADS and ATGMs, or do I have to create three types of infantry just to carry a different gun? What about creating a tank and bolting some ERA onto it as an upgrade package later on? Does that count as a separate tank, or is it now a variant?

You really need to be more specific with conditions if you want me to be specific with soldiers.

Tech Tier:
What are tech tiers going to be? How many of them are there going to be? Will everyone advance the same, or will everyone have a different tech tree?

While we're at it, just how realistic will the technology be? Are combat walkers considered equal to tanks here, or are they going to perform like garbage?

And what are the blank spaces?

Last question, how is combat going to be handled? Are we going to draw up a map and actually consider strengths and weaknesses of each combatant, or will it just be a dice roll?

Oooh, a sci fi nation builder gimme gimme.

On a serious note, I'll need a few clarifications here and there.

What counts as a unit?

Are non-combat or combat-adjacent roles also considered troops? Things like medics, combat engineers, logistics vehicles, AWACS aircraft, bridgelayers, mobile radars and all the other things?

Just how different do the units need to be to count as different? Can the same type of infantry carry assault rifles, MANPADS and ATGMs, or do I have to create three types of infantry just to carry a different gun? What about creating a tank and bolting some ERA onto it as an upgrade package later on? Does that count as a separate tank, or is it now a variant?

You really need to be more specific with conditions if you want me to be specific with soldiers.

What are tech tiers going to be? How many of them are there going to be? Will everyone advance the same, or will everyone have a different tech tree?

While we're at it, just how realistic will the technology be? Are combat walkers considered equal to tanks here, or are they going to perform like garbage?

And what are the blank spaces?

Last question, how is combat going to be handled? Are we going to draw up a map and actually consider strengths and weaknesses of each combatant, or will it just be a dice roll?
A troop is anything that can injure or kill. Support units are not combat units, and you should not have an extreme amount.

One troop should have one-two different weapons. Think a primary and secondary.

Upgrading troops does not make it a different unit.

Tech tiers go from one to ten. What you advance depends on what you want. For instance, you could make FTL communication, or go for Androids. It's meant to be flexible. The blank spaces are essentially free tech you can pick out.

Combat... I haven't decided yet.

One troop should have one-two different weapons. Think a primary and secondary.
That's extremely limiting then. Just three of the slots will have to be wasted on getting basic infantry and then equipping them with ATGMs and shoulder-launched AA missiles if I want to get any sort of utility out of my army. And that's not all, because every sniper rifle, every SAW, every DMR I want to add to the army is another slot wasted.

Or what about modularity? Most modern fighters are multirole, meaning they can equip weapons to do different kinds of jobs. If I equip my fighter with a nose gun, can I also fit it with weapon mounts for both missiles and bombs and equip it according to the mission, or do I need dedicated planes for CAS and air superiority?

Modern warships are also much more complex, being equipped with anti-ship missiles, conventional cannons, AA weapons and point defence guns. That's already over the limit, not mentioning things like anti-sub ordnance, and removing any of those basically cripples the ship.

Do static emplacements count as units too? Things like MG nests, static SAMs or missile silos?

Do similar weapons but with somewhat different statistics and properties count as the same? Can I mount two different types of guided missiles to my fighter?

If you want us specialize each unit that much, 10 slots is not enough if we're expected to construct a functional army out of it, especially since the same slots are used for navy and air force.

And again, how realistic are we going to get? Do I have to design my army realistically, or could I make stupid decisions, and for some reason a poorly designed mech will be equal to a tank?

That's extremely limiting then. Just three of the slots will have to be wasted on getting basic infantry and then equipping them with ATGMs and shoulder-launched AA missiles if I want to get any sort of utility out of my army. And that's not all, because every sniper rifle, every SAW, every DMR I want to add to the army is another slot wasted.

Or what about modularity? Most modern fighters are multirole, meaning they can equip weapons to do different kinds of jobs. If I equip my fighter with a nose gun, can I also fit it with weapon mounts for both missiles and bombs and equip it according to the mission, or do I need dedicated planes for CAS and air superiority?

Modern warships are also much more complex, being equipped with anti-ship missiles, conventional cannons, AA weapons and point defence guns. That's already over the limit, not mentioning things like anti-sub ordnance, and removing any of those basically cripples the ship.

Do static emplacements count as units too? Things like MG nests, static SAMs or missile silos?

Do similar weapons but with somewhat different statistics and properties count as the same? Can I mount two different types of guided missiles to my fighter?

If you want us specialize each unit that much, 10 slots is not enough if we're expected to construct a functional army out of it, especially since the same slots are used for navy and air force.

And again, how realistic are we going to get? Do I have to design my army realistically, or could I make stupid decisions, and for some reason a poorly designed mech will be equal to a tank?
What would you recommend?

What would you recommend?
There are a few solutions. Relax the requirements significantly, or at least adjust them based on unit type. Two weapons max works okay-ish in case of AFVs. It does not work well with a lot of other stuff.

You could just not limit slots, or raise the number of them. If someone ends up with a bloated army, paying for maintenance of redundant stuff they don't need, that's their problem.

You could allow us to create modular equipment. For example, make a basic lightweight jet, and allow the creator to swap out weapons, depending on if he needs air superiority, CAS, recon or whatever else. Most modern fighters are multirole.

I think the second solution would be the best, but it's your call.

And this time, two ending questions for the price of one: how realistic are we gonna get; and are we gonna model things other than direct military force, like economy, logistics and other stuff at least on some basic level?

I agree with Martydi. Having ten slots, and only having maybe 1-2 weapon choices for ground troops is rather limiting.

I like the idea of modular equipment, but allowing maybe 4-5 different weapons or load outs, and have the different troop types being specialized infantry and different types of vehicles.

There are a few solutions. Relax the requirements significantly, or at least adjust them based on unit type. Two weapons max works okay-ish in case of AFVs. It does not work well with a lot of other stuff.

You could just not limit slots, or raise the number of them. If someone ends up with a bloated army, paying for maintenance of redundant stuff they don't need, that's their problem.

You could allow us to create modular equipment. For example, make a basic lightweight jet, and allow the creator to swap out weapons, depending on if he needs air superiority, CAS, recon or whatever else. Most modern fighters are multirole.

I think the second solution would be the best, but it's your call.

And this time, two ending questions for the price of one: how realistic are we gonna get; and are we gonna model things other than direct military force, like economy, logistics and other stuff at least on some basic level?
Sounds good, I'll make those changes. Thank you for your help.

Realistic, but Rule of Cool is in effect. Logistics will factor into the game as well, and I'll bring that up once the game begins.

Realistic, but Rule of Cool is in effect.
Okay, that doesn't help much. How far does rule of cool go? If I construct a bright red mech the size of a skyscraper, equip it with nothing but a sword and send it off against a platoon of main battle tanks, would I expect the realistic result of mech getting disabled with a single HEAT round, or the "cool" result of tanks somehow losing?

Okay, that doesn't help much. How far does rule of cool go? If I construct a bright red mech the size of a skyscraper, equip it with nothing but a sword and send it off against a platoon of main battle tanks, would I expect the realistic result of mech getting disabled with a single HEAT round, or the "cool" result of tanks somehow losing?
If it had no defenses in place, such as force fields, it would be destroyed.

Are you familiar with Warhammer 40k? I was planning on it being like that.

If it had no defenses in place, such as force fields, it would be destroyed.

Are you familiar with Warhammer 40k? I was planning on it being like that.
That's not realistic then. That's just pure rule of cool.

So be it.

I just want to make a fun and cool setting for people.
Yeah, sure. I'm not saying it's wrong. Just, if someone asks whether or not it will be realistic, don't say it will be realistic if it really won't be. It's misleading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back