• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Light of Aiaran OOC

I'm confused as to what type of characters I could use for this, like what could I use between these three: (Criticism is welcomed with open arms).
  • Quinn Kriess - An innovative, optimistic, passionate young boy born in a lower middle class family with nothing but a golden top and a passion for excitement and fun. Through his neighborhood friends that inspired him and his birthday wish of magitek gear that came true he invented the strategic, thrilling game known widely through many communities as "Renju." With his love and dedication for those he spend his time with on a daily basis. He later raised funds to give back to his community and many more through his game "Renju."
  • Indigo Lucanus - A former militia Hitman who retired from his high ranking position to take a break from his years of killing and return home to settled down as a teacher to give back to society and pave way for the youth's Pursuit of Kowledge.
  • Gelani Pryhollow - Born with an unknown disease that scarred and turned his skin grey and too sensitive to the sun's rays and blackened his eyes, nearly blinding him at birth. As a result of this deformity Gelani lived as an outcast since he was five and must keep himself away from those his parents and doctor called "Pure" to keep from spreading the unknown virus until a cure was created. He lost all connection to society, and was nearly killed by a wandering group of Devan but in a sense, luck and mercy spared him and gave him work as an night guard member for a group of Devan and worked as a member every since his initiation as a youth.

Any of those ideas will work just fine!

Hi guys >_< I was wondering if this was still open to join? If so I'm really interested to do so

Of course :3

Still room for little o' me?

Certainly!

Hey guys, I don't really feel like this is going to work out. I'm gonna have to drop out of this RP. Hope you guys still have fun though.

Awh ;-;. Hope you stay in the Discord man.

That said sorry for not answering questions I was busy over the weekend.

CactusJuice CactusJuice we need to talk you hallucinogenic liquid! I am sueing you for plagrasm. I was going to make The Last Knight of Aiaran's Chosen and you come and just make The Last Scarlet Knight. You even stole Durendal! Which is not from history (http://mythical-and-paranormal-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/durendal-holy-sword-of-roland.html) I made it up!

I think I may of been drinking cactus juice. Anyways you may want to read this:
Soo, can I join? I have an idea for a character, a sort of zealous but slightly somber paladin who is part of an now disbanded order of knights who claim to be descendent of the first champions blessed by The Goddess Aiaran whom they refer to as the Et'adda (subject to change).

This Order of Knights was elitist and only taught magic, both holy and vile (dark, shadow, black, demonic, blood, necromancy, pie-nomancy and the like. Assuming their is a difference. Edit: Read all the character sheets and now know that Devan Magic is completely unquie to each individual Devan so I'm going to have to change this) to thouse whom they believe to be descendent of the Et'adda while basic martial training was given to all who could pass their tests. Vile magic, as they term it, was not be used any circumstances and was taught to give the Desendent an edge against their foes who employ it extensively. (So they theoretically know how to use such magicks but had no practice in doing so and would not be effective at using them.) As a whole, Magic that was not Holy or Vile were largely unknown to them as it served no purpose to their duties as Devan Slayers.

They also impressed apon the importance of their code of chivalry (which actually means horsemanship in French, which they are proficient at) called The Salvation Mantra. Which holds, along with other, much more admirable doctrines, a hypocritically Devan attuide regarding the, well, Devan. Essentially it is the same view the 'civilised' Devan hold for the Feral. "The more Feral kills under your belt the more respected and of higher status you were." "To die in combat gloriously usually meant the immortalization of the Devan in question if they were of any real significance" however infighting was typically at most just friendly rivalry and a brave death against the Devan would be celebrated even if the subject of the jubilations were exiled for necromancy.

This once proud order of knights has been reduced to a single bloodline over the eons (subject to change) and with his parents' untimely deaths, Sampson Arin is all that remains, and that is not something he allow to persist.

So Mitchs98 Mitchs98 are you okay with this.
So how shall we make them coexist? Are The Scarlet Knights a splinter group, who left because of disagrements in ideaolgy (they could of wished to intergrate themselfs more with the Aiaran milatry, maybe they were simply agaist their blood elitism regarding magic, perhaps they did not wish to venrate Aiaran or any combantion of these three and other reasons) or did they just form complelty sepratly from them?

P.S. I made Durendal into the orginal leader of the knights. Supposedly the first blessed by Aiaran to weild a fraction of her power. He is said to off asend and become a Demigod.

Last edited:
Raven Starlight Raven Starlight
XD I swear I actually based the character off of the armor picture I found on google images and just went from there. I hadn't even read the OOC until I was accepted (I mean no point in doing all that extra reading if my char isn't accepted, right?) I noticed our chars were similar, but I figured they were different enough it wouldn't matter too much. Oh and if you look up "swords in mythology" in google, Durendal comes up. I thought it was an actual mythological weapon, so if anything Google stole it. :P I would have used the name Excalibur but that seemed too cliche to me. I had just wanted a cool name for my glowing sword, so I can change it if you want. It could actually be cool if we connected the groups like you were saying to expand the lore, but the Scarlet Knights were basically just meant to be a group of semi elite soldiers that could be joined by anyone who could wield some form magic and a blade (hence why Alexander was only and honorary member until he'd received his healing magic). They guarded a certain area of the kingdom along with normal soldiers incase of a Devan attack. There was nothing holy about them, and the only sort of code they had was "protect the kingdom". They could have been called anything from the Swordmages to the Guardians; I just called them "Scarlet Knights" because of the red armor in the picture I was using. XD Honestly though, I'm ok with scrapping the character (I mean he hasn't really interacted with anyone yet) or the parts about the Scarlet Knights since you did post your interest in making a very similar character before I posted my sheet. I really wasn't trying to steal anyone's ideas, and I like making characters anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.PNG
    IMG_0846.PNG
    307.8 KB · Views: 0
Raven Starlight Raven Starlight
XD I swear I actually based the character off of the armor picture I found on google images and just went from there. I hadn't even read the OOC until I was accepted (I mean no point in doing all that extra reading if my char isn't accepted, right?) I noticed our chars were similar, but I figured they were different enough it wouldn't matter too much. Oh and if you look up "swords in mythology" in google, Durendal comes up. I thought it was an actual mythological weapon, so if anything Google stole it. :P I would have used the name Excalibur but that seemed too cliche to me. I had just wanted a cool name for my glowing sword, so I can change it if you want. It could actually be cool if we connected the groups like you were saying to expand the lore, but the Scarlet Knights were basically just meant to be a group of semi elite soldiers that could be joined by anyone who could wield some form magic and a blade (hence why Alexander was only and honorary member until he'd received his healing magic). They guarded a certain area of the kingdom along with normal soldiers incase of a Devan attack. There was nothing holy about them, and the only sort of code they had was "protect the kingdom". They could have been called anything from the Swordmages to the Guardians; I just called them "Scarlet Knights" because of the red armor in the picture I was using. XD Honestly though, I'm ok with scrapping the character (I mean he hasn't really interacted with anyone yet) or the parts about the Scarlet Knights since you did post your interest in making a very similar character before I posted my sheet. I really wasn't trying to steal anyone's ideas, and I like making characters anyways.
Figured as much regarding what you have read of the OOC at the time you created the character and technically you do have a claim to the concept as you posted a CS first. And that amour picture is pretty badass.

Even if you do not want them to be connected they can keep the name Scarlet Knights as in history there wasn't just one knightly order. I would rather they were a splinter group who disagreed with with The Knighthood of Aiaran regarding any combination the three things I mentioned above: 1) Not wishing to be praise the mighty Aiaran. 2) Not believing that thouse whom were descendant of the first champions should be the only ones allowed to learn magic. 3) A wish to integrate more with the government. (Aiaran's Chosen swear fealty to the reigning monarch but largely do their own thing.)
It could any or all of theses, or it could be something else entirely, perhaps some notable event of some sort. Or it could be nothing if there completely unrelated.

I have a question. If all of Scarlet Knights were eradicated, save one honourery member, how did your character get knighted? Was it by the King or some other Elven Lord (well it doesn't have to be elven, I just thought that sounded cool and I assume a lot of nobles will be elves. Sampson Arin, my character, is of noble lineage and is a half-elf. And there is, more importantly, the King who is an elf.) or do the Scarlet Knights not have a knighting process?
Funnily enough my character hasn't been knighted yet, his dad died shortly before they were going to do it. It will probably come up in the RP.

You can keep the name Durendal and say it was named after him if you want (or I could change the demigod's name). It could possibly be said to be his, or one of, his sword(s) or it could have an different origin entirely. I originally had the idea of there being a crown that when worn allowed you to conjure his sword, (said crown was worn only by Paladins and was only used when someone was knighted.)

Raven Starlight Raven Starlight Hhhhmmm, let's make them a splinter group who's min reason for splitting was military intergration, of course many of the members had their own personal reasons, but that would have been the main one. Intergration caused them to be less religious focused and more free to who they taught magic. Alexander himself isn't actually a knight by title. He became an honorary Scarlet Knight through a method that allowed a captain to skip the traditional procedures in times of war. Generally the honorary member would go through the procedures at a later date, but with all the other members dead he can't exactly do that. And yeah we can just say the sword was named after the demigod. It's just meant to be a particularly powerful magitech blade.

Raven Starlight Raven Starlight Hhhhmmm, let's make them a splinter group who's main reason for splitting was military intergration, of course many of the members had their own personal reasons, but that would have been the main one. Intergration caused them to be less religious focused and more free to who they taught magic. Alexander himself isn't actually a knight by title. He became an honorary Scarlet Knight through a method that allowed a captain to skip the traditional procedures in times of war. Generally the honorary member would go through the procedures at a later date, but with all the other members dead he can't exactly do that. And yeah we can just say the sword was named after the demigod. It's just meant to be a particularly powerful magitech blade.
Oh yeah, that does make sense. One thing leading to the others.

So do you think one of the twelve bloodlines of Aiaran's Chosen would of cut ties with the rest of the Aiaran's Chosen and join the Scarelt Knights? Not as the elite among them, of cource, but as thier equales. (I have been trying to find ways to make it so that House Arin are the only, save perhaps one or two more, family to still adhere to strictly to the Slavation Mantra and there hs to be 12 because the twelve peers. I have got half of them done.)

Last edited:
Xel Xel Jackaboi Jackaboi Zooks Zooks zCrookedz zCrookedz MangoSargent MangoSargent @MatTamMax CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Damafaud Damafaud silverdahlia silverdahlia LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit Bolts Bolts Phayne Phayne animegirl20 animegirl20 Mena Mena
@Kuripa Kyuubey Kyuubey Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs Halffix Halffix hudhouse hudhouse The Elder The Elder CactusJuice CactusJuice Mistory Mistory Brazen Brazen Raven Starlight Raven Starlight Happy Red Mage Happy Red Mage

So I mean I know some of you haven't made a sheet and all, and some of you CAN'T post until others do. I also understand that some of you might be busy and know for a fact some of you are. I have no right to comment much, though in all fairness I don't actually have much to respond to due to the same reasons. But anyway. I'd like to know whose still in and who isn't, and particularly why you aren't posting. I sort of don't want this RP to die so soon as I DID put a good bit of effort into the plot. If there's anything I can do to kindle interest, please let me know.

Xel Xel Jackaboi Jackaboi Zooks Zooks zCrookedz zCrookedz MangoSargent MangoSargent @MatTamMax CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Damafaud Damafaud silverdahlia silverdahlia LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit Bolts Bolts Phayne Phayne animegirl20 animegirl20 Mena Mena
@Kuripa Kyuubey Kyuubey Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs Halffix Halffix hudhouse hudhouse The Elder The Elder CactusJuice CactusJuice Mistory Mistory Brazen Brazen Raven Starlight Raven Starlight Happy Red Mage Happy Red Mage

So I mean I know some of you haven't made a sheet and all, and some of you CAN'T post until others do. I also understand that some of you might be busy and know for a fact some of you are. I have no right to comment much, though in all fairness I don't actually have much to respond to due to the same reasons. But anyway. I'd like to know whose still in and who isn't, and particularly why you aren't posting. I sort of don't want this RP to die so soon as I DID put a good bit of effort into the plot. If there's anything I can do to kindle interest, please let me know.
I AM! I'm just, ya know, waiting for William and trying to find something to do with Tybalt.

I will try my best to see if there is any character that I can create tomorrow. I've had to find a job recently as I was let go from my last. They currently have me working a fair amount in training. But I will try!

Oh wow, Ok 100% honesty Mitchs98 Mitchs98 , it's been so long since I got any kind of notification for this that is doesn't even show up on my notifications list any more. D: I think we were still recruiting people since I last got any notifications for it. This problem has been happening a lot of players recently, and I seriously think it is causing the site a lot of damage since people are not receiving notifications like they should for Rp's.
If I could get a quick TL: DR version of what has happened with everyone so far, I can try and get something together before the end of the day. RL is pretty swamped, but I could get something started at lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back