• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Literary Revenant

One Thousand Club
32041cb2381f059e363c80d957eec35e.png
-----------
7826502244_fdd0d065db_b.jpg
7cc1c2d83761709ac84dd02e606abb0c.png
The morning came swiftly, Janet awoke to the sunlight, sweeping over the once dark room. The familiar comfort of her bed felt alien, with so many applications to read through and then the Royal Sponsorship that she still had to collect led to many restless nights. A few extra so, for there were a few charming men she had been willing to be with, that and it was the only way those chauvinist pigs would listen to her for more than two minutes. As long as they held up their end of the bargains, the few moments of them attempting to be good would be worth it. Janet forced herself out of bed, completely undressed, trailing a blanket on her left foot. Looking at the mirror showed that she was still lovely, aside from the scars on her abdomen and collarbone. Smiling and admiring herself, she grabbed a hairbrush and starting the painful and annoying process of getting knots out of her hair. Footsteps echoed from the hall leading to her room. The door opened and Ramirov just walked in, his eyes glued to his old notebook. Shocked but not shy, Janet continued brushing her hair.

"I've received your list, and I see around 15 new members. That's way more than what we had expected, how do you think the two of us are going to handle such a large group?" He asked.

"That's an easy answer..." she winced as she pulled out a difficult knot. "We can split them into two teams and pay them based on their attendance in the mission. I call all the hot ones."

"No, Janet. They aren't your playthings." Ramirov sighed disappointedly. "I swear, you are one of the most infuriating partners I have ever had. Not everything needs to be about intercourse with you." As R finished his last note, his eyes lifted and were immediately met with Janet's bare body. Seeing her busty reflection in the mirror had him red as a beet. He was silent for a few moments before finally speaking again. "You are... Iznayev... Unclothed." He slowly turned around, body trembling.

"The right word you are looking for is naked. You came before I was dressed so I'm still naked."

"Its the 4th Aniirdanen! You always wake up by the 7th toll, and you said 'Come in whenever you like if there is important business.' Well there is important business and I did not want to see you Iznavev! It will take weeks unsee that."

Janet pouted, sticking her tongue at him. "Gosh, you're so rude Ramirov. Seeing me naked isnt a bad thing, but I'll put on some small clothes just for you big prude." Setting the brush down, Janet made good of her promise putting on the most modest clothes that she had, simple boyshorts and a sporting top. "There, I'm clothed now, killjoy."

"I don't trust you, Kvadna. I'll just stay here." Janet slumped, offended and depressed. "To discuss business matters, if you want to divide the recruits, we will be doing it based on random chance. I'll cut colored paper into squares and give them at random to the recruits."

"I think you mean 'give them to the recruits at random'. And that's fine with me. I am going to meet with Lord Valon, he's going to be our Chaperone in Vian when we arrive. And I know, new word. In short he has provided us a modest base of operations in the small settlement of Lochotki."

"Lochotki? That's the old Wuldite Porttown, belonging to the natives of Wuld. If Balthorans are settling there does that mean the fighting has restarted?"

"No, and it's part of our Contract with the natives. We concede the fighting, but they give us space to settle in Vian as long as we do not bring our technology. Speaking of which you may need to confiscate the lady orc's weapon, atleast until we get to Vian. In the meantime we will have to get the final preps in order. Did you speak to Victor about the last arrangement?"

Ramirov nodded. "Chyz, we only need to bring his payment and our deal is secured. Assuming you have said payment."

"Yes, yes it's in the trunk by the bed. 10 gold Zalec, the last of my cash from the glory days..."

As Janet started to retell her story of how Thon led the Light Lotus during the Civil War, Ramirov listened politely while taking slow steps to the trunk, still being careful to not look at or near the potentially nude Janet. It was not a bad story, Thon battling against the Kalin Warriors with such ferocity to rival the Orungalo, in a handicapped battle at Fort Dugurtha. Mages, Warriors, a younger Janet, all fighting together forgetting any hatred or prejudice they held for eachother. Bound by honor if not by blood. With odds stacked against them, the Bloomed of the Light Lotus turned the tide of battle with an incredibly ingenious method. A method that Janet keeps secret, thus leaving the story unfinished. Ramirov had reached the trunk, taking the small pouch of gold coins from it. Not that there was much else to take.

"And you should've seen Norg, he was able to knock out a Kalinite with his forehead! It was amazing! Just 'thunk' and the giant was seeing stars!" She laughed the same laugh each time she shared stories, it was regularly rehearsed. "They were truly great times, back then."

"So I hear. Regardless I must go now, the Recruits are likely on their way. If I don't leave now traffic will delay me." Ramirov stepped towards the door, looking over his shoulder at Janet, Icy blue eyes meeting her with warmth and respect. The only man this week to do so. He bowed politely, face still red. "We will meet again on the Docks Captain."

He's so respectful

"Toodles!"

And with that Ramirov was gone. Janet resumed her morning routine, brushing then combing her hair, a quick sponge bath, light makeup, and then equipping her armor. A soft undershirt covering the small clothes, a leather no-tie corset cropped above her navel, the outer jacket cut to reveal more of her features and finally her cotton lined leather trousers tailored skin tight finished her look. Various knives were hidden in any possible spot and her sword in scabbard was expertly tied to her belt. The final touch was tying her hair back into a ponytail. She admired herself briefly, until she followed Ramirov's footsteps leaving this home behind. It would be the last time she left this building, her home. Formerly a small weapons warehouse, it had long been abandoned and stripped of anything worth taking. An empty shell she had hoped to make a new base but was crushed after the Culling. Still she would miss the noise of the city, but not the city itself. It had become a cesspool with refugees attempting to escape the Grey Districts, and Arda's Love running rampant. Every ten steps there was another beggar stinking of shit and filth opening empty skeleton-like hands. Some with children, others with elders. Although the King had promised to eliminate all use of Ardanor three years ago, his emissaries were all in someway tied to the vile substance and thus refused to take action against it.

Grey clouds lingered in the streets, it wouldn't be long until this district would be declared unlivable. Its stench was a combination of an Alchemical spill and cat piss, making her stomach churn. This wouldn't be a pleasant trip, but the sponsor had promised something special so Janet would brave the streets. She only hoped Ramirov wasn't being stopped again.
5d835490a729869a3690376c8df38d7a.png
The meeting with Janet was productive, albeit a little unpleasant. With 15 new recruits the Light Lotus stands a formidable chance in Lochotki, more so than what he had originally projected. Of course this was assuming they were worth all their words. As Ramirov was mingled in the crowd, he had been using his magic to cut small pieces of colored paper, Blue for himself, Red for Janet, and one purple for one to choose their preferred leader. A fair plan, much better than trying to assign them at random. It took longer than he predicted to pass the Grey Districts, the hive of beggars and squalor slowed him down, especially with an evacuation taking place for the few healthy citizens left.

This was District 3, one of the largest ones left standing. Three million souls lived in this part of the city, but with the adjacent district going black, it wasn't long before the Grey infected here too. The stench was strong, and Ramirov hid behind a cheap filtration mask he had from Vian, modified slightly. A simple construction that fit his face perfectly, it lacked the external piping and bulky filters of expensive models and instead used an internal rebreather ironically built of the same Ardanor it was designed to filter. A far more stabilized form that was integrated into a metal mesh layer inside. Using his breath as the catalyst, the Ardanor inside the mesh cools to an extremely low temperature, keeping his face cool while neutralizing the bad Ardanor, which was dispelled upon exhaling. Apparently this same mesh could keep smoke and some airborne toxins at bay.

That didn't help the stench though. Death, rot, shit. Ardanor left people mindless, caring less about the smallest things like hygiene. That and the water was now permanently tainted beyond even the most sophisticated filtration. Ramirov guessed that this had just started, those who had stored water were able to avoid the brunt of the Grey, but the poor were subject to its displeasure. There were more poor than rich though, a lot more. With the taint in their body, it would be a matter of weeks before their bodies would decay from lack of nutrition. The strong willed may seek solace with the Depurifiers, those who were resistant to the Taint, for a time. Regardless, they will lose their minds and ultimately die painfully, the others that followed Ramirov from Vian had both fallen to the taint. Put simply, the final battle left Ramirov dying in the forest before Janet found him.

It took about an hour to navigate through the traffic of tainted and desperate refugees. As Ramirov passed through the checkpoint, the Tainted have already started to wage war against the guards. The discourse would last for hours and he was lucky this time as he narrowly avoided it. A few more hours of walking and he atleast found him at Port Balthora. A bustling technological paradise with a venerable amount of color. It was here where Ramirov had first arrived many years ago. The sheep that hid the wolf. Technically the Port is a separate Kingdom, called Yaven. One of only two kingdoms still intact aside from Balthora. The old King of Yaven, now a Prime Minister, deemed Ardanor completely illegal here. With that, Yaven developed an entirely new form of tech based off of another form of refined magic, called Osen, which combined the use of steam with Arcana to produce a clean energy. The only con, it was very hard to control without masterful technicians. Although it could be more prominent with the proper investment, said investment would leave Balthora penniless. Still, the cleaner air was pleasant. He was able to breathe without the mask, it was getting hot anyways.

According to his written notes, Port Balthora was a short walk away. Dorv Dock held small fishing ships. Valor Dock was still bustling with Trade Ships, heavy with valuables. Pokla Dock housed decommissioned Balthoran Navy Warships, now functioning as tourist ships. And now Shani Dock, where emigrants rich enough to afford passage were able to escape Balthora. It was the busiest port but ships rarely left. Mostly there were the poor and desperate begging their way into passage, but the Balthoran King had recently passed a law barring any free passage with steep penalties for those who would try. Today the crowds were light because of the Templar Guards manning the Dock. Ramirov approached, holding his badge up to the young Guard. Barely glancing at it, he allowed passage, spitting curses as he walked past. Such uncivilized behavior had grown all too familiar, but that was going to change.

The Auburn Hill lie before him, 8 ships into the Docks. Its Auburn shaded mahogany made it a floating masterpiece of orange and red. A Vian-made vessel captained by a Nathaini, a true master of the seas. Ramirov smiled, he could already smell the sweet salt spray of the Ocean.

"Ramirov!" Yelled an accented voice. A tan man of short stature slid down a rope tied to the crow's nest, his brown hair waving in the breeze. With astounding agility, he flew in the air almost like a bird, swinging from a lead rope. It was quite the sight, incredibly captivating. He was approaching fast, too fast. He crashed into Ramirov with force, the two smashing into some empty barrels, a few 'oofs' involved. Ramirov spat some wood out of his mouth, they tasted burnt, but pleasantly so. This must've been a brandy barrel.

"Ooh..." the tan man groaned. "Why did you not dodge? You are seriously more steadfast than a rock." Ramirov pushed the smaller man off of him, standing up with surprisingly less pain than he expected. He offered his hand and assisted the short man to his feet.

"Lorek, you are as clumsy as I remember you." Ramirov said, grinning mischievously.

"And you still don't move aside for anything!" The smaller man, Lorek, whined like a child. After a tiny stareoff, the friends shared laughter and an embrace. "Its good to see you, old friend."

"Tovarish, we think alike."

"What's with the Fraizyurnii? Its makes you sound like a drunken frog with a blocked nose."

"You wound me." Ramirov laughed. "I must thank you for answering my letter, we are in your debt."

"Ha, it wouldn't be you without such blunt behavior. In turn I must thank you, as you are the reason I'm alive. Offering you passage is the least I can do. I was surprised you were in the company of so many, what happened to the Pristine?"

Ramirov's face soured. "They died only months ago."

"Ah, I'm sor-"

"There is no need. I've done my mourning. Besides..." Ramirov stepped onto the ship, eyes to the West. "I have recruits to meet."
7aa741789caa657149c299f034014875.png
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS SCENE!

This is a meet and greet, once you get your paper I encourage you all to establish character relationships to atleast a basic degree. Nothing too big. This isn't a long scene, and while it took me a long time to prepare it I don't intend this to be more than a weeklong part. We all want the fun stuff! So, let's have fun and make this story one to remember!
-----------
Tagged: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Quados Quados explosiveKitten explosiveKitten StryxRiver StryxRiver animegirl20 animegirl20 Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko StaidFoal StaidFoal Absurdisan Absurdisan ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Viper Actual Viper Actual Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture MToki MToki
Temperature: Roughly 68° F
Janet's Status: Regular
Ramirov's Status: Resolute

Last edited:
orc signature.png

Reins and armor rattled as hooves clopped over the earth, the dirt underfoot changing to cobblestone. At the horse's head stood a muscular figure, his green skin covered in hair obviously signifying he was not human in the least. The horse stood patiently and quietly as its new master, really a runaway slave, observed the town ahead of him and then looked down to pull out a strange token that had come with a recent letter. He did not understand much of what the letter entailed but he could figure out enough that he was meant to come to the docks of Shani Docks. Pocketing the red token once more, Yokgagu tightened his hold on the reins of the horse and began heading down into the city with dingy buildings and many beggars, children and old alike, pleading for handouts. Yokgagu couldn't help them, even if he had wanted to. He had naught but a couple coins left from his time feeding the horse on the road, undoubtly his master would add horse theft to his list of crimes. The horse followed at his side, ears moving occasionally and nose breathing in the disgusting scents of the city they headed down towards, having camped outside a few yards yonder. His mind uncertain of what was to come but anything was better than death though the stench of this city left something to be desired. Perhaps in time, the city would become inhabitable and be nothing but a memory as refugees might be forced to flee on foot or by ship, whether through servitude or money, to escape to better lands. What lands could those possibly be, Yorgagu was not entirely certain. All he concerned himself with, at the moment, was surviving.

elf signature.png

Sunlight shone in through a broken pane on the first floor of a shabby looking inn, a slender yet prone form lying motionless on the floor of an overcrowded room. It mattered not for she was shrouded in darkness with scattering rays of light to pierce the edges. Alabaster lamps were slowly revealed as her eyes fluttered open, an eerie sight to be sure, her blue hair fanned about her head as she lay on her back. Pointed tapered ears caught the sounds of something skittering over the floor, possibly a rat or mouse looking for food amidst the bags lying about from those whom had paid for the room. A dying city, choked by misery and death, the cries of elders and children, destitute women and men who had lived years to see things but forced now to squalor was all around her. Such a strange human city but it didn't stop the innkeeper from renting to whoever had a few coins for a room. Slowly she got to her feet and grabbed her bag, fishing out a brush to take care of the knots within her hair and dressed into clean clothing, Riniya then pulling out a letter to read over it and the purple token. One might find it odd that she was able to read, a blind person surely could not do so, but they forgot that she was not human. Even then, she wouldn't have been able to do so without being able to have Aulux, a second gift born out of necessity, though she couldn't say how or who had given her said gift. Yet it allowed her to 'see' in a sense and in turn read and write if needed. As she read the letter, the magic around the letters glowed, forming into shapes before her eyes and allowing her to 'see' them.

To Miss Rinaya,

You are not the first moon elf I've contacted as of late, a pleasant surprise. However you are the first of what Ramirov calls a... Nya... Nyat... Nyathie, it's something in his language that means Wholebirth. A compliment no doubt. If you are on a religious mission, I find it odd that you would want to return during said mission, as a mercenary. Money is motivation but so is purpose. I hope you'll find our company fruitful. In the envelope you will find a Lotus badge. Take it to the Shani Docks in Port Balthora. There is a ship called the Auburn Hill where Ramirov is waiting. Present the badge to him and your in.

9bd3c68aba0db33d12f018e62738b475.png

Riniya folded the letter and slid it into her bag before walking out the door, knowing she'd left nothing behind. Leaving through the door of the inn, she emerged onto the streets of the city and paused to brush some lint from her shoulder before making her way throughe streets at a slow pace. Riniya was not entirely certain where the docks lay, only that they must be on the outer edges of the city so perhaps, once she got out of this congestion, she might find the smell of the sea as a pathfinder unless she ended up finding someone who might be heading the same way.

Last edited:
5ae45779c8673141f92b9323242a9b25.png
Atlanta was sat atop a building, over looking the city bellow. While her attention might normally be focused on the movement bellow she was currently devoting her attention to the letter in front of her. She carefully sounded it out, slowly piecing together each and every sentence. She smiled a bit as she saw the lipstick stain above the signature from Janet. Along side the letter was the badge, she she examined next. How interesting... And damn that lady is hot... Behind her the sun was rising. Another all nighter. Hopefully she could get some rest when she gets on the ship. She hoped she could get some rest next to Janet. Tucking the letter and the badge away into her garments. She didn't carry much with her; a small bag with only 2 changes of clothing, some cosmetic items (ie: brushes, soaps, etc) and a handful of gold.

Being a fan of acrobatics and theatrical flare she used her scythe to vault herself to the next building, and then the next. Repeating this a few times before leaping off the building into the streets bellow. A swan dive into a front flip, only the slow her decent by swinging her scythe into the wall of a building. With a load scaping sound she slid down into the crowds bellow. Pulling her weapon from the wall she finished with a bow. Though no one around her appreciated her graceful display she certainly enjoyed herself. After readjusting her bag and clothes she continued on her way to the docks.

Moving through the crowds and toward the docks she ignored the cries and pleads from those around her. As much as she wanted to help these helpless souls she knew it'd all be for naught, they'd all soon be dead anyway. Luckily her city top detour had gotten her pretty close to the docks. In just a short time she found herself stepping out of the city and onto the docks. Pulling the letter out she tried to find the ship matching the name of the one in the letter. Did she look lost? Probably. Was she lost? A little.

Text.png
Tezira tightened the cloth straps so much so that they appeared glued onto her face. Only her one eye was visible, which read the letter sent by Ramirov. She should've expected a few warnings after the attitude she showed during the interview. She held the badge in hand, looking out her apartment. Its original tenant lay dead on the floor, and he was starting to stink. It was fine, though, because she had to move anyways. She watched the dozens of gang members storm the floor below, hearing doors splinter and people screaming. She huffed, putting one put out the window, and then the other. As footsteps made their way to the second floor where Tezira stayed, her feet caught the thin edge, and she sidled away. She heard her apartment door burst open shortly after.

Shani Docks; Port Balthora, she recited in her head. It was quite the distance away, but she remembered the place vividly. It was where she killed that crooked merchant, stringing his body for those to see. She felt wonderful back then, but bored now. It was too easy to dodge the gang; they weren't the brightest bunch. If she hid in the closet, they wouldn't have found her; and if she killed them all, she wouldn't have broken a sweat. She jumped into the streets, running to the ports while shoving citizens aside. Tezira hasn't said goodbye to her handler, but she hoped he understood. And hopefully, this pirate crew meant a free trip to the new land and away from this gang.

Two thugs were in her way, and they spotted her darting at them. Tezira pulled her curved dagger from its adorned holster and a poison dart in her other hand. She sliced one in the neck and tapped the other with the dart. The citizens screamed as the bandit made a puddle of a blood, and his partner collapsed with a foam-ridden mouth. Wasn't exactly the stealth she was known for, but she really couldn't care less. She tapped her pocket to make sure that the badge was still there and then the knot on her cloth straps. Still there.

Port Balthora soon came into view, the ocean glimmering around it. Tezira took her crumpled letter from the pocket, unrolling it to see further instructions. The letter she received didn't specify which ship they were waiting at, so Tezira looked for whoever looked like a pirate. She ignored the odd looks people gave her as she eyed one ship. Was it the right one? Definitely not; it was way too big for a pirate crew, and was clearly a cargo ship. But what's there to lose by infiltrating it? Tezira looked around. She had plenty of time, and her fingers were growing restless. She's infiltrated one before, escaping without raising any alarm in less than five minutes, and she can do it again.

Before she could scout out possible entrance routes, Tezira looked around again, remembering the last part of the letter. "Be there, or be left behind." There was a chance that everyone would arrive early, but just thinking about the cargo made her giddy...​

Sana slowly walked through the streets surrounded by beggars and the like, trying to keep a far distance away. As she walked through unknown territory for her, she kept taking glances at the letter that she received "This has to be one of the weirdest people I have joined up with... How can she look so cool and knowledgeable while also making sex jokes!?" She sighed and put the letter in a small pouch she was carrying over her shoulder and instead took out a badge. At this point she was just trying to ignore the horrid smells that filled up the area, until she suddenly heard a bunch of scream nearby. Slightly un-phased but a bit worried, she let curiosity get the better of her as she took a small detour and followed the sounds. By the time Sana reached the end point, all that was left were two corpses, one looked like they had been slaughtered and Sana couldn't even think of how to describe the other.

After subduing her curiosity she began moving towards the docks again. "Not even I can revive the dead..." She muttered to herself as she kept on track. While moving she observed her surroundings comparing it to the place were she started... They were no where near identical, even in the state when she left her hometown, it was doing far better than this place, anyone could tell it was massively populated by the poor and dominated by the rich. She could see who the ones who had accepted their fate were and also the ones who did not yet know it, but even if she tried to heal the whole place, without a way to stop cause, it would all be pointless.

After a while, Sana ended up in front of the docks, it was a surprising change and the air felt much more breathable then before, she took one more look at the badge she was given and muttered once more to herself "The Autumn Hill huh..? I like it" Before cheerfully walking up the port looking for the dock

View attachment 651372

Contessa kept the letter in hand, she couldn't believe she was accepted. Of course there were some reservations, but she was excited. She made sure to pack what she needed the night before and wrap up some rations. It was always a good idea to bring your own goods. She laced up her leather boots, adjusted her corset, tightened her belt and went out the door. The woman made her way to the dock.
Things were slightly busy at this time of day, she maneuvered through the city streets. When she reached the docks she already saw a small gathering of people. Of course she was not the only one, she expected it. What she didn't expect was the variance among the group, a healthy variety.

b48283df760083312c661b3c2f80e6fe.png

Shani Dock, huh?

The young woman looked at the little slip of blue paper enclosed in the letter, and then she glanced up at the small group of people forming on the very dock she wasn’t looking for, in front of the very same ship that she needed to board.

Alright, let’s just go over there. Bridget told herself, securing her hood over her head before striding over to the group. Don’t get attached to anyone. Don’t tell them too much. If they ask any questions, be vague. And for fuck’s sake Bridget, don’t flirt with anyone!

The half-elf woman had to forcibly stop chiding herself internally and glanced around as she approached the ship. Wow, there certainly was quite the variety of people over there. Humans, elves, orcs... not a mutt like herself in sight.
She pulled her hood tighter around her face and decided to pull her bandana over her nose as well.

Slowly, she approached, green eyes darting around as she took in all the people around her. A Moon elf, three humans... maybe four, if that creepy lookin’ guy in the hood is human? And an orc. A veritable menagerie.

Bridget took in the people she’d be stuck on this ship with, only mildly impressed. Best not get too invested. Rather than continue staring, Bridget pulled out a definitely legitimately obtained apple from somewhere within her cloak and took a big bite into it, the skin snapping obnoxiously, much to Bridget’s chagrin.

orc signature.png
Someone reached out for his horse and Yokgagu jerked his horse away the animal protesting the sharp jerk of reins on its head and Yokgagu muttered a word of apology in his own tongue. With his years being within the human lands of Balthora, he had forgotten much of his native tongue. The non-human entity sidestepped anyone who was looking for a hand out or tried to touch the horse, the animal following along at his head as Yokgagu led it through the winding city streets towards the outskirts though he wondered if there weren't a better way to reach the docks instead of going through the city. Well, it was too late now to do so, for he was here in this dingy and smelly place and his only path was to go forward until he chanced upon his destination or at least a destination close enough to follow. Eventually, Yokgagu swung himself up into the horse's saddle as when he grew tired of the people trying to touch the horse and it would make for faster time through the city hopefully. Once he was settled, he continued about his way, guiding the horse with a light touch of the reins he clutched in one hand.

elf signature.png
Her footsteps trailed softly over the cobblestone streets, her bag secure in one hand as she used her gift to see around her surroundings. People...buildings...no docks anywhere. She would have tried to climb up the buildings but there was no telling if the roofs were study and she was certain humans frowned upon that sort of thing, unless they stole from each other...some occupation they attuned to assassins and thieves. Riniya was neither occupation and did not want to present a bad threat to these short-life humans. Such a thing would defeat the woman's purpose for being within Balthora. Despite her blindness and lack of knowledge of the general city, she headed on towards the docks, hoping she did not arrive late. That wouldn't look good for her or anyone else that was waiting to go on...whatever they were doing as mercenaries.

"This is disgusting," muttered Ogran as he eyed a pile of vagrants partially obscured by a tarp. He was unsure if anyone of them were alive. Herisa grunted. "We've seen worse." Ogran glanced at his companion and made a grunt-like sound, one he did whenever he was amused by something.
As the pair made their way through crowds of beggars, peasants, merchants and the rare militiamen on patrol the buildings around them gradually changed. Shanties were replaced with apartments, apartments with stores and stores with warehouses.

Ogran saw it. Herisa could hear and smell it. The sea, visible far off in the distance with nothing but an army of docked vessels standing in between. Herisa stopped and looked at her letter. She extended her hand towards Ogran who placed his in her hand. Nodding to herself Herisa returned Ogran's letter and folded hers. They were almost there.

Marching on the two mercenaries soon found themselves walking down Shani Dock. It was easy to spot the ship they were supposed to meet at. Mostly because it was the only ship surrounded by a colorful variety of somewhat questionable characters rather than teamsters and dockworkers. Stepping up Herisa elegantly moved towards Ramirov while Ogran accidentally pushed aside two dockhands in an effort to follow his companion.

Herisa lowered her hood, bowed her head towards Ramirov before presenting her badge. Ogran presented his as well just as Herisa spoke up. "Herisa Daelith Taendarr and Ogran, Son of None."

Rat Signature.png

The interview was a strange process for Rat. She had been scrutinised before, for sure, but mostly at the hands of her various masters as they looked her over for obvious marks and blemishes, or by dregs looking for who to bet on at the fights. No, this interview was an entirely new affair, with questions about how she describes herself rather than being told what she was worth. Very odd indeed, but she muddled through it.

The interviewer had assured her that she would hear back soon if she had been accepted, and they were right - the letter arrived only a couple of days later. This was a plus, as she had nowhere else to go and had hung around the interview tent, begging for food and sleeping against a wall when night came. A courier had found her there, likely directed by the same interviewer. Of course, the next issue was actually reading the letter, but mercifully the courier obliged before heading off into a side road. Ramirov’s reluctance to use her name was another oddity for her - it was the only name she could remember having, she figured it was worthy enough for her. Maybe Ramirov was expecting one of the fancier moon elves. She hoped he wouldn’t be disappointed.

That uneasy feeling only intensified at the fraizyuirni passage at the end of the letter. The poor courier tried his best to pronounce it, but neither she nor he knew what it meant. After asking how to get to the Shani Docks she had sent him on with a polite smile and a nod as she took the letter back, but once it was clutched in her hands again her shoulders sagged as she looked it over. The whole thing may as well have been in fraizyuirni for all she could discern from the squiggly lines written there, and again she hoped Ramirov would not regret his choice to accept her into the company.

She made her way through the throngs of unfortunates, most of whom didn’t even stop her. They could see from her rag-like clothes and dirty skin that she was much like them, and the growling of her stomach assuaged any notions otherwise. Only a handful of truly desperate souls implored her for help, though they looked truly beyond saving at that point. Grasping the letter and badge in white-knuckled fists, she followed the courier’s directions, the filthy, cramped city slowly giving way to larger buildings and the smell of the sea.

Finally reaching the docks, she strode down them to find Ramirov. Her face was a mask of impassive determination, but inwardly she was concerned that she would be turned away once they got a look at her. They had a ship, and passage to Vian, no small feat in this decaying cesspit of a land. After asking around for the Auburn Hill, she was directed to a busy dock bustling with people and beggars looking to escape. Guilt gnawed at her gut, knowing that she of all people would actually be leaving. It didn’t seem fair.

A motely crew had amassed around the Auburn Hill, and she had no idea which one was Ramirov. Most of them were showing the same lotus badge she had been given, so she stepped forward as two particularly burly humans were introducing themselves. Thinking she was now late to the proceedings, she cleared her throat. “Rat,” she said, her voice clear and tense. After a second she sighed and added, “Ratlynn Black.”

Interactions & Mentions Viper Actual Viper Actual and anyone else who wants to get involved

Text.png

Before Tezira could make a decision about the cargo ship, something in the distance caught her eye. A rather colorful gathering of different species in front of what she would assume was the correct ship. Half-disappointed and half-relieved that she wouldn't be left behind, she broke into a sprint towards them, making sure her hood wouldn't fly off. Even from afar, she could make out the crew. At the moment, the only ones that stood out to her were three burly people and one shrimp-like elf. Some didn't even look equipped to be a mercenary. Not that it mattered to Tezira in any way; there were more dire situations at the moment.

She also wondered about the other eccentric individuals she spotted around the harbor. There was that woman who carried a large scythe like it was nothing, showing the middle of her chest to the public for whatever reason, looking a tad bit lost. Not Tezira's problem, though. There was that frisky, pink-haired girl that Tezira mistook as a child at first glance. There was that bulky orc on his horse, a rare sight around here. There was also that blue elf. She last saw her heading onto the docks, and she doubted that there was another reason other than to join the crew.

As she came near, she managed to overhear one of them introduce herself as "Ratlynn Black." Her physique was a stark contrast to Tezira's slim, nimble body. She was a beefy elf dressed in rags, scars marking almost everywhere on her skin. What surprised Tezira was just how exposed the scars were, especially that sponsorship tattoo embedded into her left bicep. Either she exposed them to let others know how tough she was, or that she was one of the many souls that failed to find work and slept on the streets, choosing not to resort to unethical tactics of getting what they want. The paranoid assassin she was, Tezira bet on the former.

Tezira eyed each of them, not knowing nor caring if she made them uncomfortable by doing so. She didn't care if her mask, the bundle of cloth straps, bothered them. They would have to put up with it, she decided, as it was far prettier than what was underneath. After a short time, Tezira grew impatient, even though the only thing the applicants have done was say their name and show their badges. She walked over besides Rat, scowling despite her one clean eye being the only part of her face visible to everyone. "Tezira Kale," she spat, her words' venom and adrenaline leaking through the mask. She held up the badge, her worn fingers gripping over it tightly.

Absurdisan Absurdisan and anyone else​

In the attic of an old pub on the edge of town, behind barrels and crates, underneath an empty sack, sleeping atop the creaky wooden floor was the great Fenris Van Ernst. This was where he'd been staying for the past week or two, an old friend of his dad, who felt bad about his situation. Of course, he couldn't stick around for long. He always had to be on the move, otherwise someone might rat him out to the authorities. Like many days prior, Fenris awoke to the sound of the bustling kitchen below him, but unlike other days he actually got up, for today was very important.

A few days ago, he'd gotten an acceptance letter for a job he has no experience in, but that doesn't change the fact that it is his first job in a while, not to mention the fact that it is also his chance to get out of this shithole of a kingdom. He'd be leaving behind his father and some acquaintances, yes, but his father had made it very clear that he will die with everyone else. Donar is a very stubborn man, there is no chance that he'll change his mind simply for a job Ris got. He's worried about his father and what could happen to him, but he's learned to take the opportunities he's presented with and set aside other things. Both of his parents wouldn't forgive him if he threw his life away by refusing.

Quietly, Ris snuck out the back door of the pub, leaving a note in his place. It was an explanation, a thank you, and payment for everything. Slinking through alleyways was becoming normal now, even though it wasn't really his style, Ris knew it was the safest route. He ignored the stench, the beggars, the death, his only goal now was to get to the docks and escape, nothing else mattered.

A small bag of personal belongings, a rapier, and his wit were all that he had to his name. He couldn't help these people, even if he wanted to. All he knows how to do is entertain, and he couldn't even do that out of fear a gaurd would know who he was. There was no point in showing off to the dead, if he would be joining them in the grave. He needed to keep his head down until he was on the open seas, far, far away from anyone who knew him.

When he arrived at the dock, he saw a mixed bag of people. Some looked stern and stoic, others more chipper, but it didn't matter, they were now his crewmates. With a light hearted smile, Ris decided to make an introduction. "Hello, I hope I'm not late." He said, nonchalantly showing his badge to the gaurds and really anyone else looking. "Fenris, a pleasure to meet you all."

Interactions:
Anyone
Mentions:
Everyone

b48283df760083312c661b3c2f80e6fe.png

The grumbling of someone’s stomach caught Bridget’s attention as she continued to crunch into her apple, and when she glanced up- Yes, UP- She at first didn’t particularly care for what she saw, but then did a swift double-take and ohhhh nooo... look at those biceps... ooooohhh, that’s hot. That’s real hot.

A pale elf woman with biceps the size of tree trunks stood next to her, absolutely dwarfing her small self, with the strangest hair she had ever seen but ohhh, it didn’t it fit her aesthetic. Was she staring? Bridget was probably staring under the shadow of her hood. Wide eyed and entranced. Ohhhh... oh that’s not good.
This is great. Nothing bad here.
Bridget. No. No flirting!
A little flirting?
NO! No flirting!

She would have continued to stare- probably indefinitely- at the tone of her muscles when the sound of more rumbling caught her attention. Oh... when did this one last eat?

Don’t start getting sympathetic now. You’re a stone-cold bitch, remember?
I have more apples.
You stole those fair and square! You don’t need to share them!
I don’t need to, but-
Bridget! NO.
But!
NO.

The young half-elf pulled an arm out of her cloak and offered the apple up to the pale one whom called herself... Ratlynn?

NO, YOU FOOL!
Honey, you ain’t a rat, you’re a goddamn chinchilla.
STOP COMING UP WITH STUPID PICKUP LINES!

The young half-elf allowed herself to poke her head slightly outside of the hood as she cleared her throat and put the breathy quality in her voice.
“You sound hungry, sugar. Want an apple?”

Sugar? really?
I’M HOPELESS, OKAY?

Mentions: Absurdisan Absurdisan

Last edited:
orc signature.png
Slowly, but surely, the orc runaway made his way through the crowds of destitute lurking within the streets and spilling out of buildings as though crying for release to their unfortunate suffering. The horse and rider picked their way through the crowded streets as they advanced towards the ends of the city and as he moved through the streets, he observed his surroundings carefully. People were lying underneath tarps, whether they were dead or alive was something he would prefer not to think of or contemplate. After what felt like hours amidst the crowded throngs, he came to an area where he could see wooden docks out before him, ships bobbing within the waters of the sea. Finally, he thought as a breath of relief escaped him. Now all he had to do was find this ship, something named Autumn?

Yokgagu racked his brain for what the letter said about the ship. It was some ship named after a season, he knew that, and something about presenting the strange red token to somebody named Ramirov. Sure, his common tongue wasn't the best and he couldn't read well or write in the language of his master so was forced to try shifting things from his native tongue which was lacking to the bit of common he knew and had picked up when listening to his master and some human slaves. Bringing the horse to a halt, he observed the waters and the ships bobbing on the sea, tied to the docks of course, though he figured there might be crews onboard the ships already. Now it was a question of where this ship he was to find was. Clicking to the horse, he urged it forward with a nudge of his knees against horse's sides and it started moving forward, the cobblestone changing to wood as the horse moved from stone to the docks. To Yokgagu it seemed being on the docks made the horse's hooves louder in his ears then when they were in the streets though that might have been due to the lamentations of the destitute within the city. The horse moved at a slow but steady walk, Yokgagu looking around for any sign of a ship that looked like or read Autumn.

Riding along the decks beside the ocean, knowing that he might be close to getting off this gods forsaken land and towards home where his family might or might not be waiting for his return, assuming they were in fact alive. Of course, he couldn't be sure they were even heading to his homeland and even then it would take a long time, if they docked at another kingdom to get to his own, not that he knew the journey that had brought him here from his homeland. Making his way along the docks, he spotted a crowd of people already at the docks and could see someone else arriving, a person with blue skin and blue hair who appeared to be a moon elf. Looking at them, still high upon the horse, he could see some of them had tokens of their own, red and blue. "This Autumn ship?" he questioned.

elf signature.png
It was a bit of a trial getting through the streets on her own, more used to the forests of her homeland then crowded city streets of human lands, but it was a test in how well she could navigate if she was going to be a mercenary. A strange thing, to be sure, for someone who professed to be on a religious quest and undoubtly the letter writer thought so as well. It brought a smile to her face as she moved through the streets, being forced to ask for directions which someone was kind enough to give her. With those directions, she did her best to hurry through the crowded streets and alleys to the docks, arriving at the same time as a horse. Hearing the question coming from her left, she activated her second gift and could make out the orc on the horse to her left. Concentrating, and hoping nobody would attack her as she was vulnerable doing this, Riniya focused on her surroundings which swam into focus before her, picking up multiple auras and the living bodies around her. Turning to where she could hear a ship bobbing in the water, the letters painted on the side glowing, at least to her, and forming into shapes. "This is the Auburn Hill," spoke Riniya to the orc.

Yokgagu grunted in thanks to the moon elf who turned him, looking back around at the others who must also be here for the same thing he was. To get money and escape this wretched land. "Yokgagu," he grunted out his first name.

"And I am Riniya Gilzumin," spoke Riniya. "A moon elf."

While waiting at the ship Sana watched more and more people show their badges and then join the group. But as she watched she also noticed something else that stood out from her other groups... There were way more races than she anticipated, up until now she had mostly been working with other humans and the odd slave of an orc or something, yet here there were orcs, elves, humans, big people, small people, some seeming more sane than others... She slowly glanced over Tezira "And some staring a bit more than others..." She sighed and shrugged it off because in the end she wasn't doing any harm, plus Sana was also observing everyone, so she had no right to judge.

Looking around once more she sees a blue elf and a orc on horseback. As she watches, she notices the elf doing what she thinks is concentrating on the orc before speaking to him "Wonder whats up with her". Continuing to scout, she kept trying to guess what people seem the scariest, she had heard rumours of orcs and their strength in the past, and only working with slaves she had only seen orcs at their weakest. But the ones gathering around here seemed to live up to their reputation, and while she hadn't heard too many strengths of humans, from the way one woman was wielding a massive scythe like it was nothing, she decided to not underestimate anyone in this group.

After a final look around at who was here, she came to the conclusion... Everyone in this group is dangerous in one way or another, whether its their fighting skills or pure strength, she could tell that most the people around her were armed, and she could easily believe that anyone that is short armed or not armed at all is either very experienced or is hiding more weapons. Which led to the real issue, she placed her hand on the handle of the small sword... Her only weapon... Which she had the littlest experience in... "M-Maybe I should have brought something else as well"

5ae45779c8673141f92b9323242a9b25.png

Seeing the gathering of tough looking people she figured she found the right ship. Checking the note again, all the letters on the ship match. Yep, this had to be the one. Resting her scthe on her shoulder she strutted over confidently. Now to find that Janet. Thinking back to the note she remembered that she'd be seeing Janet's male companion first. And she'd have to show him something. The badge! Yes, that was it.
As she entered the group she heard some people introducing themselves. "Atlanta, at your service," she greeted the group with a bow.​

Nathaniel Klaus

The walk to the harbor was rather uneventful in Nathan's mind, entertainers prancing about and beggars plying their pitied trade all around with an overall stench that spoke of death and decay. Uneventful that is, until the sound of screaming and violence reached his ears. Nathan had stopped to purchase a new weapon, a sword of moderate quality. Plain, long and efficient with a wooden and leather hilt of quality, the blades pommel was the most interesting aspect of the blade, glaring a dull poisoned green. Nathan slid the blade into its scabbard and jogged towards the noise leisurely, whistling as he tapped the various places on his armor he kept concealed blades and other wicked accoutrements; All was good. At peace and finishing his tune, Nathan reached the clearing where violence had occurred moments before City Guard arrived. Nathan and the guards were far too late and the bodies seemed of no importance to the warrior. Turning back in the direction of the docks and beginning to continue his jog Nathan muttered a curse to himself as he ran wanting to be out of the morgue of a city more and more with every step.

Many curious faces were out today and Nathan enjoyed people watching to an extent. Sadly, he could not indulge in his passion as while he jogged everyone he saw would pass him by too quickly to get a good look at. Nathan was not actually jogging at this point, more of sprinting really as the road to the dock had gone into a slightly steep decline. He was not worried, he enjoyed testing his balance and strength in idiotic challenges that could potentially injure him quite easily. However, many of the townspeople could not say the same as the hulking mass of muscle, steel and cheerful psychopath barreled down the hill chuckling like a madman. It was quite apparent to the crowds near the end of the road that in the context of a fight or flight situation this was most definitely a flight moment culminating chaotically as Nathan finally reached the docks. Skidding to a stop with remarkable control and a cucumber cool casual confidence Nathan clapped his hands together and took a quick glance for the people he was looking for with a quick nod of his head. The ship entered his field of vision near-instantly as Nathan was standing right in front of it. Satisfied with his navigation skills and jogging speed the warrior brushed off the front of his pants and armor before walking up the gangplank.

People filled the berserker's vision as Nathan walked up the gangplank to the ship, then he finished getting onboard and was back to mostly towering over the others. They were all well armed but none in particular really looked like a cultist. Then a homeless-looking gal and a burn victim made themselves known and once again Nathan was on guard. Injured folk and those with little to lose were often the types to give something to more foul powers. "Rat and Tezira huh? I'm gonna keep an eye on you two for a lil most likely..." He thought for a second. The moon elf didn't look like a bastard really, she was honestly fairly attractive, if a little haggard, which was honestly saying something for Nathan. "Ahhhhh look at that..." He whispered to himself softly as he noted the mark on her arm. She had truly suffered a lot at one point.
The masked woman gave nothing away but an intense violent aura and words spat with venom. Nathan didn't let his eyes linger too long, that one was dangerous.
Included among those on the ship was: a tough-looking orc, a child who was obviously not what she seemed and now that he thought about it probably needed watching as well, a woman with a big ass scythe that unnerved Nathan only a little bit, another moon elf dressed in much finer garb than her kin, a woman carrying rations that Nathan would have to grab at some point now that he had seen them, an armored clumsy dude that has most certainly and definitely killed a fair amount of people, really attractive woman who was probably important and in charge of stuff, a rogue looking elf girl, a rogue looking human dude, another rogue looking elf girl and a wise lookin mage dude who was probably that Ramirov fella.

Moving to stand in front of the Ramirov fella, the former cultist brought a fist up to his helmet, coughed extremely loudly drowning out more noise than what should've been possible and then swallowed dramatically. Nathan quickly took off his helmet during the pause and a slight smile appeared on his face. He then shouted his name at the man at the top of his lungs. "I am Klaus! Nathaniel Klaus! Nice to meetchu again!!! Also! Thanks for the badge! I hope I'm not too much of an inconvenience!" Satisfied with his introduction the berserker took a seat in a wooden chair immediately destroying it completely and irreparably.

Mentioned: ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko scorpiodragon scorpiodragon explosiveKitten explosiveKitten StaidFoal StaidFoal MToki MToki Absurdisan Absurdisan Literary Revenant Literary Revenant StryxRiver StryxRiver Viper Actual Viper Actual

Last edited:
Sabrina couldn't believe it! She had actually been accepted! When the letter came nearly jumped out of her skin she was so excited! "And they said I couldn't do it." She said with a pleased smile on her face as she made her way to the docks. On her way there though it was hard to ignore the people on the street starving and beginning for food. Her smile faded and instead a look of guilt came over her. Not that these people starving were fault or anything but......either way she ignored it kept walking. This wasn't time to fill sad! She was about to journey to a new world how cool was that! She had a bag over her shoulder and her broon in hand. She probably could have flown over but for now, she didn't really want to be noticed. When she finally made it to the Dock. She noticed a group of people who already arrived. "Wow more people then I thought. Nice!"

Open for interaction:

Cecil read the letter again and his chest tightens a little. "Ah, visiting a new land, leaving this gray and boring place, living freely, oh doesn't that sound fantastic?" He turned around in this dark room, flicked his hair back and looked at the fearful eyes of the gagged girl in front of him. He laughed. "oh yes, even I am at a loss for words, Vian, a new world. You know, as an orphan, you don't really know anything about the outside world, only that what the people say, I bet you would love to come with me, right my little sparrow?" Cecil bends forward and carefully removes the gagg, the girl starts to sobb. "Please, what have I done to you, please let me go!"

Cecil smiles and pats her head. "Oh you poor naiv girl, you didn't do anything to me, but you were stupid enough to not take the medicine probably and then laid with your master and he really can not risk it, you getting pregnant by him, that would end bad for him, you know, political marriage and stuff... Yeah I know he shouldn't take his maids but he just can't stop and it is easier to get rid of you, so no hard feelings, ok?" Another soft smile from Cecil and a swift strike from his blade followed.

Cecil watched as the dark liquid flowing from the wound but soon after he let's out a dissatisfied sigh. "Watching blood in the dark is as fun as watching others spent money... Ugh."

He turns on his heels and walks to the door, opens it and steps into a bright corridor, everything was colorful, clean and nice looking, you couldn't believe that this Manson was in Balthora.

One of the maids hurried past Cecil and tried her best to avoid eye contact but Cecil grabbed her by her wrist. "You, inside this room is something that needs cleaning and where is your master?" The maid peeks behind Cecil into the illuminated room and her eyes widened, she tried to say something but was cut off by an angry voice. "Raven, let go of my staff, this instant!" Cecil smiled, let go of the maid and turned to the owner of that voice. "The lady of steel, what an honor to meet you here... I need to know where your Husband is, we need to talk about business." She walked past Cecil, grabbed the maid and walked away. "Thank you, I will definitely find him now!"

Cecil walked through the gigantic building and smiled at everyone he saw, he loved their terrified faces. When he entered the main hall he finally saw the person he was looking for. "Duke Rosé, I finally found you." The Duke turned around and a wide smile appeared on his face. "Sir Raven, good to see you, everything went OK?" Cecil sighed and shaked his head. "not really Duke, the room was too dark, I couldn't even admire my work, but that's not important, we need to talk about my payment, my gold and my new pencils." The Duke clapped once and said with a happy voice. "Of course friend, your promised gold, enough to travel but not too much to stand out and a few good pencils with a nice notebook, it's wrapped in the skin of a basilisk.... So, where do you need to go? For your new job." Cecil looked at his new sketchbook and said. "today to the Harbor, I will meet my new boss there, or at least the second in comand."
"the Harbor you say, well I meat an old friend there in a few hours, the son of the Ironfist dynasty, he comes from Vian to meet his father and we taught we could have a quick get together... Oh look at me, babbling like we really are friends, I'm just the Duke and you are the hired blade..." Cecil looks up and saw the sad smile of the Duke. "at least I am the closest that you have as a friend, I'm honest to you... So as your friend I need to tell you, stop boning each and everyone of your maids." The Duke smiled. "No, I don't think I will do that... Anyway, let's get into the carriage, we can't get there more comfortably... I know, my wife will kill me because I let a streetrat on our carriage but I don't care, come on, this will be fun." The Duke grabbed Cecils arm and dragged him out the front door where the carriage was already waiting and in no time they were in the carriage.

Cecil smiled and shook his head. "You act like your still 10 years old, your 24 and a Duke, you can't run around like that."
"who cares? Oh look, how everyone is jumping out of our way and do you smell that? Fresh air, the best air purifier that you can buy, I bet you have never not smelled anything." Cecil tried to keep his pokerface but it was really exciting, going so fast through the town and not being surrounded by the smell of shit, he couldn't suppress a smile.

"So my friend, I hope you have something that will help you through the gate... Not a knive nor one of your arrows... Please." Cecil laughed and showed the emblem of the light lotus and Duke Rosé sighed in relive. "You can worry me sometimes, oh we are close to the gate, just show it out of the window they won't look to closely." And just like that they entered the harbor.

"My friend, I thank you for your kindness and for your foresight, bringing my bag with my belongings along an stuff without asking..." Cecil laughed and jumped out of the carriage, that seemed to glow bright red and golden.

Cecil shoulders his trusted crossbow and walks over the ship, he smiles and says with a laugh. "God's be damned, here I get dropped of by a carriage and still I'm not the first to arrive."

1575912422717.png

Some more of the hired pirates arrived, leading Tezira to shrink away from the large gathering. Crowds were never a favorite of hers, and it wasn't bound to change any time soon. As she was observing her surroundings for stuff to distract herself with, a nearing carriage did just that. The carriage appeared to belong to some royal snob, but the person who got out of it was... No way, she thought. Tezira knew him to be Cecil, a big player in the criminal underground. Like her, he was an expert in assassination and stealth. They never met each other, and Tezira did not know if he knew of her nickname, "Blood Countess." She cringed just remembering the alias. Unlike the other crewmembers, she felt somewhat comfortable with Cecil, despite him still being quite a distance away.

She waited, leaning against a stack of crates, until Cecil was close enough to make a comment about being late. Tezira pushed herself away from the crates, approaching him. "The Painter in Red... I didn't expect to see you here." The emphasis on "you" was more amusement than disdain, for she had believed that Cecil ran rampant with freedom in this awful city. "I admire your artworks, they're truly a thing of beauty. You could say I drew some inspiration from them." Tezira recalled how she strung up one of her target's mutilated bodies in such a way that the City Guard vomited on sight. She felt it to be an accomplishment to take pride in. "So, what is a big player of the underground doing at a measly pirate crew such as this?"

Quados Quados

Cecil smiled and watched Tezira. He wasn't that she used that name, because the guards may recognize that but who cares now. "Oh, Tezira, my lovely blood countess, just the same reasons like you, bored of the city, the guards, wanting to see something new... Well, you on the other hand have another reason, right?"

Cecil walked towards her and had a warm smile on his face, that turned a bit sadistic. "I heard what you did to that bandit leader, not a bad work but to leave enough evidence that it leads to you... Did you know that their second leader tried to hire me, the negotiations ended with him having his ears in his hands." Cecil laughed cheerfully and sat on the ground, watching the ocean. "Beautiful, right? So what do you think of our new boss?"

StaidFoal StaidFoal

32041cb2381f059e363c80d957eec35e.png
-----------
7826502244_fdd0d065db_b.jpg
7cc1c2d83761709ac84dd02e606abb0c.png
Balthora, The Beacon of Progress, Heart of Strength, Homeland of Magic. While the name held so many powerful titles, none were synonymous with their meanings. Misnomers, hearsay, false titles. They might have been true long ago, those years have long passed. It took about an hour to make it to the Marble District, the high town of the megacity. Formerly the Capital City of Balthora, Maldon, the Marble District earned its name for the large marble structures housing powerful lords, rich businesses, the cream of the Balthoran military, and of course the very best mercenary companies, most notably the acclaimed Templars of Balthora. Janet had gotten special permission to be here from the King himself, thanks to her handy dandy Ramirov. She was here to receive her sponsorship and orders for their first mission. They have already been paid for the first part of the mission, her first advance payment in years. It wasnt small either, 5 Zalek, enough to live for months in decent comfort. This was serious, and incredibly generous. Meeting the King in the Sapphire Palace was a rare honor, especially for mercenaries. Although with the state of Balthora rapidly decaying, he was surely pressured to resolve the problems with the Kingdom.

The Sapphire Palace lie before Janet, radiant in its Royal Azure glory. Made of rare blue marble, the palace remained one of the only clean structures of Balthora, even for the Marble District. The marble was latticed with royal blue streams appearing like rivers forking through a white canvas, shaped by master masons to resemble the heart of Balthora's royalty: Prosperity. With its central tower far taller than any other building around, it certainly sent several messages. Janet approached confidently, like some pompous noble. She had the right strut for that atleast, a strong and straight back, an alluring sway of the hip, a flip of her hair and bounce to her step. She held the eyes of many, and loved it. As she approached the guards, she raised her badge. A lecherous chuckle and half minded drool later, she was allowed passed, though they doubtfully even checked the badge.

Inside the main hall, which was just as beautiful, the eldest Prince, Fralicht, was meeting with several mercenary representatives while King Galen sat above in his throne, his hand resting over his wrinkled face, peppered hair rising above his surprisingly modest crown. Prince Fralicht was in the middle of a heated argument with a much larger man.

"Forgive me your highness, but me and my Mauraders have more than proven ourselves dozens of times. My men have died in Balthora's name, in your name prince! We deserve this sponsorship just as much as your precious Templars, and hella' more than all the other twerps behind me."

"Bragus, you and your Marauders are little more than musclebound halfwits. Your last mission was barely satisfactory, the Mark was incomplete but the masked foreigner still lives. Therefore any chance to earn our sponsorship you once had is no longer viable." The Prince calmly replied, stamping some papers. The larger man's bald head turned red as a tomato. Snot and spit flew from Bragus' face, gross even for today's standard. This is not ending well.

"We dint' fight for you for nothin' prince!" He began to slur. In a bold and quick motion, he grabbed Prince Fralicht by the collar of his shirt, screaming "Give us passage!" In seconds half a dozen blades were at his neck. Impressive how fast the Royal Guard was.

"Remove your hands, or my guards will remove your head, lowborn."

Bragus grunted, baring his stained chipped teeth. Janet figured that he was weighing his options against himself and the Prince, which were fairly ridiculous. If he were quick enough, he may be able to injure the prince briefly before his head rolled off his shoulders. Or he could be smart and release his grip, that way the sharp pokes at his neck wont be as inclined to kill him, maybe. Janet bet on the latter.

With sweat pouring his already crusted skin, Bragus quickly changed heart, releasing his grip on Prince Fralicht. The guards did not lower their blades however, and instead looked to their monarch for orders. With a quick whip of 2 fingers they receded and returned to their vigil. Bragus relaxed somewhat, his shoulders remained tense.

"Leave us Bragus, and never return." Prince Fralicht commanded. Bragus growled, but obeyed. Swearing his return, unlikely as that was. "Next!" Janet stepped forward, slightly unsettled, but still maintaining her swagger.

"Janet Ravenna, Captain of the Light Lotus Company. I've been..."

"Summoned, yes I know." Prince Fralicht interrupted, reading a journal that was thicker than some dictionaries. "Ah there you are. Your company has been in action for over 80 years, fallen on hard times with barely any funds to your name and a loss of almost all your members. But you claim that with our sponsorship and the use of a Local you will be able to establish solid business in Vian, am I correct?"

"You are!" Janet answered excitedly. "I have his paperwork here, all audited and stamped by Royal Customs." She offered the Prince an envelope, which was received by his ward, swiftly reaching his desk. "Also, I've recently bolstered our ranks as well, we are comparable in size to even the Templars now." Using an elaborate letter opener, Prince Fralicht opened and scanned the documents quickly. He was cute when he was reading, but Janet would never say that for fear of being flogged.

"The number of mercenaries you hold means little if they can't fight worth a damn. And unlike the Templars, your company as it stands currently remains untested and thus is deemed unreliable." Janet felt his words like weights on her shoulders, crushing the hope for sponsorship that Ramirov should have guaranteed. "However, my father was especially fond of your Company, and in fact he wouldn't shut up about the endeavors of Thon. He would have me flayed if I ignored your company's legacy. Plus as you may know our Deal with the Vian locals declare that atleast one person born in and from Vian must attend every ship we send towards their borders. Since you have a local already in your company, it saves months and many many Zaleks trying to find a volunteer." He continued reading, slightly nodding his head. Janet swelled with joyous anticipation. "These documents are stamped by Hammond Valon our Royal Auditor, which earns my trust. Very, Captain Janet Ravenna of the Light Lotus Company, you have earned my Sponsorship." That sentence was met with protest from the mercenaries behind her. Prince Fralicht placed a Marker, made of high grade silver and steel. The ward took it, running towards Janet, who happily took it in her right hand. It was pretty, bearing the crowned head of King Galen in his prime. Such a simple thing, but this mark allowed for her to travel legally outside of Balthora.

"Your generosity is greatly appreciated, Majesty. May I ask for another courtesy?" Janet asked humbly. Prince Fralicht chuckled pleasantly, which was oddly satisfying.

"As my Partner I am glad to offer you a boon. What do you need, Captain?" Janet smiled

"My Prince, may I have a carriage to the Shani Docks? I fear I may be attacked if I take even a few steps outside." Janet answered, pointing at the group of seething mercenaries.

"I'm sure I can make the appropriate accommodations, but I have another means that may prove far more effective. Guards, take the young Captain to the Teleportation chamber."
5d835490a729869a3690376c8df38d7a.png
All of the recruits arrived in a timely manner. While some were busy in their conversations, others had made an effort to speak with Ramirov. His interactions were brief as there were so many newcomers to speak with. But now as everyone should he here, the next stage could begin. With the loudest voice he could muster Ramirov called everyone's attention.

"Recruits! Attention!" Ramirov shouted, his accent sounding extra fierce. "It looks like all of you are here. Listen closely, I am only saying this once! As there are so many of you, we are dividing you into two teams. One led by the Captain, and the other by me. To determine who is joining which team, I will call you forward and you will be given a piece of paper at random. The color determines which team you are joining. Red is Janet's team, Blue is my own, and there is one purple. If you get purple, you pick your team. Pick wisely..." As Ramirov lectured, he felt a need to expedite himself. Who knew when Janet would finally show up?

"Nathaniel Klaus, you are first!" An armored fella stepped forward. Just his presence made Ramirov nervous, which would be great against the bad guys they'll no doubt be facing. Ramirov pulled out a red slip of paper, first one for Janet. "Red. Go ahead and board. Find a dorm and rest."

"Fenris Arvid Freyr Baltin James Van Ernst, step forward!" Ramirov yelled, proud of himself for remembering that mouthful. The Bard Janet spoke of stepped forward. He had been given a blue slip, one for him. "Blue. Board the ship, and don't start singing on me."

"Sabrina Newell!" This was the first Adept, atleast the first one he remembered. An ... adorable girl, for lack of proper words, stepped forward. Her application had her aiming to be a support rather than a dedicated fighter. Whether she will succeed is yet to be seen. She got blue, making for the 2nd in his team. "Blue. Board the ship, find a dorm. Don't cast any spells."

"Contessa Dusker!" If memory served well, Contessa would be a ranged combatant, the first to be recognized. Certainly she will be a valuable teammate. She drew Red, making Janet's 2nd member. "Red. Board the ship, find a dorm."

"Sana Na... Nat... Sana!" Ramirov was embarrassed in not being able to pronounce her name, but his accent and method of speech made it difficult. Sana was another support, a healer. He was curious as to what magic she used, he would inquire later. Another Red, number 3 for Janet. "Red. Board the ship, find a dorm. I hope you brought a book."

"Taneega!" The first orc and first of the escaped slave. Her loyalty would have to be tested, but that weapon of hers needed concealment if she wanted to keep it in Vian. Blue, exciting number 3. He had never worked with an Orungalo, perhaps he may finally understand their culture. "Blue. Board the ship, but leave that weapon on the deck, I'll need to inspect it."

"Horisa Taendarr and Ogran No Sons!" That was the name he remembered, but it sounded odd. This was the first partnership he would be encountering the far. Their previous experience would prove invaluable. Both drew blue, making 5 for his team. This is turning out to be a well versed team. "Blue for both of you, board the ship and get comfortable."

"Cecil!" According to his application, and rumor he had heard, Cecil was more of a thug than a mercenary, but anyone with abilities like his can always be useful. He drew red, which felt fitting for his demeanor. Number 4 for Janet. "Red, board the ship and behave yourself."

"Atlanta Gha..." He quickly stopped himself. "Atlanta!" Too many people could be hurt if his name was known, curse that note he made regarding her last name. Still, she was a lovely specimen, very useful. She drew Red, which means she'll be spending a lot of time with Janet, her 5th member. Gods help them both. "Red. Board the ship, get comfortable amd be careful with that scythe."

"Bridget!" The first Sun Elf of this group, and likely the only one. An Alveric out this far is highly unusual, but her ability to survive in Vian is impressive. She drew blue, which was a pleasant surprise. Her abilities would be very helpful. "Blue. Board the ship, find a dorm."

"Tezira Kale!" Odd how her last name matched that of a salad vegetable, but that might not be right. Another escaped bandit which could spell trouble but they were desperate and needed whomever they could get. She was talking with Cecil, what an odd power couple they could make. She drew Red, making Janet's 6th. "Red. Board the ship and find a dorm. And maybe clean the mask, theres some blood."

"The Male Orc, Yok!" Ramirov couldnt read most of that letter so there was no way he would get that name right. This orc was chatting away with a moon elf though, rather odd, but they must know eachother. He drew red which should be the last of the reds. "Red. Board the ship and take the largest room."

"Rinaya!" The Moon Elf on a mission, literally. In Vian their kind were incredibly common, but here in Balthora they weren't. Shes the first Vian native here who wasnt a slave. She drew the purple, allowing her to choose her team. "Purple. Board the ship, and let me or Janet know whose team you are joining."

"Ratlynn Black!" Although the shortened name was derogatory, atleast her full name wasnt so much so. Her impressive figure was needless to saw intimidating. She shared part of her past, and it was definitely troubling. He hoped she could make peace with the Company. There was no other color so by default she got Blue. "You are the last one, blue. Board the ship and get comfortable."

Ramirov's voice was tired, but he needed to make one last announcement. "We leave when Janet Arrives! Pray for calm seas!" The recruits had taken their places, boarding the ship in an orderly fashion. Ramirov was about to join himself, but an odd stillness distracted him. Soon a crackling sound surrounded him, and Janet honest to Gods just appeared above him, out of nowhere. She floated in the air briefly before crashing on top of him, landing in a rather risque position. Ramirov had awkwardly used his hands to cushion her fall as well as prevent injury to him. Sad thing is he was firmly grasping her chest, and upon realization he turned red as a beet.

"Whoa... my stomach... and my chest. Ramirov? Where did..." He pushed her off before she could finish that sentence. "Oof! What the hell!? Its not like I'm the plague, Y'know!" Janet protested. Using a nearby pillar to pull himself up, Ramirov dusted himself off and slapped his face a few times.

"Yes, but normally women dont fall from the sky. What was that?" He asked.

"The King has some kind of Teleportation magic, instant transportation. I was a Guinea pig it seems." Janet answered.

"Well, you're not a rodent, but atleast you're here. Come on, the mercs just boarded and they will want to meet you." Ramirov pulled her up and together they boarded the ship walking towards the dorms.

"You totally fondled me you know..."

"Thats enough."
7aa741789caa657149c299f034014875.png
Alright... thank the fluffing glob. This post took weeks to finish. WEEKS!!!!! With so many people trying to chat with eachother and sometimes with me, I had to find a way to get all.... 15 or so characters mentioned in one post. Anyways, I did briefly control your characters somewhat but there was no other easy way to get you all on the ship without waiting for who knows how long. So this the last of the hard boring stuff for me, up next is the hard fun stuff. While we wait for me to prepare S1P2, your instructions is to SANDBOX!!! I dont care if you are chatting to my characters or to eachother but I am insisting on you guys getting to know eachother. Tag someone specifically, that way they'll inclined to reply. Anyways, its 4:08 a.m. as I type this. I still need to code this and post it. The things I do for you folks. XD
-----------
Tagged: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Quados Quados explosiveKitten explosiveKitten StryxRiver StryxRiver animegirl20 animegirl20 Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko StaidFoal StaidFoal Absurdisan Absurdisan ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Viper Actual Viper Actual Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture MToki MToki Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving (Your Character isnt here, but tagging you anyways.)
Temperature: 72 degrees Farenheit
Janet's Status: Excited, In many ways.
Ramirov's Status: Embarrassed and tired.

orc signature.png
Yokgagu decided to remain by the moon elf whom had corrected his wrong assumption of the ship's name they were to board. There were several people there already and some others showed up afterwards, making the runaway slave eye them all nervously. It didn't seem as though someone important was here by the nervousness of the man who chatted briefly with some of the apparent crew of mercenaries but eventually they were called to attention. Yokgagu turned towards the sound of the voice, finding the small man being the one to speak. The man began speaking of them getting called up and then showing him their tokens as well as stating there were an equal number of red and blue plus one purple token. The stranger then began calling up names and one-by-one the group of mercenaries went up and handed their tokens over. Pulling on the horse's reins, he led it over to the small man and fished out the red token before being told to board the ship and find a dorm. He nodded and turned for the gangplank, leading the horse up it and onto the ship, the animal shying at the water on either side of it but following nonetheless up onto the ship, its hooves clopping upon the wooden planks. Now he had to find somewhere to house the house as he doubted it could fit into his dorm, which he had yet to find. Where put horse? he wondered to himself as he looked around. Yokgagu knew it would need shelter so that meant the deck wouldn't be good, it would be exposed to the air and elements. What if they got into a storm or the ship capsized?

elf signature.png
Riniya chatted with the orc for a bit, her mouth furrowing into a thin line as the orc, the moon elf reaching up briefly to stroke the horse's muzzle who snorted into her palm. "Such a fine beast," she spoke to it before turning her attention towards the stranger who began speaking. She waited for her name to be called, using her second gift to study her surroundings. Sailors mingling about on the docks, ships bobbing in the waves, one pulling out to open sea. The crowd of mercenaries around her that might become friends or at least interesting subjects to study as there seemed to be a variety of non-humanoid races here which made her frown to herself. Thus far, the human women within the group were the most interesting. She hadn't expected any human female to want to go into the killing business and here were a couple wielding strange weapons like they were nothing! When Riniya was called, the orc leaving her side with his horse and heading up onto the deck, she blinked her eyes and walked forward towards Ramirov as he looked at the token she held out to him and he advised her to choose her team wisely. Dipping her head in what she had gleaned was a gesture of acknowledgment among humans, Riniya turned and headed for the gangplank before emerging on board the ship and began searching for a dorm, trying to inspect the ship as she did so in order to avoid becoming lost. Riniya easily found a dorm within one of the twisting corridors of the ship and entered, setting her bag down on the twin-sized bed set against a wall and sat down to get a breather. Choose my team wisely. How do I go about doing that? Just talking to people? Riniya hummed to herself in thought before getting to her feet and opening her bag, searched the room by slowly walking and holding her hands out...she would need to familiarize herself with the layout of room and ship, before bumping into a door which she opened. It seemed to be a wardrobe of some kind so she began to unpack her clothing into it. When that was settled, assuming they were not bunking with other people, Riniya decided she might as well interact with someone...it was just a question of who to interact with. Closing the door, she began to head back through the corridors that would take her upwards to the open deck of the ship.

1576034838168.png

Tezira raised her one eye when Cecil mentioned her name (though cringing once more at her alias). When it came to big players, they didn't usually care to think about the smaller fry. She found his answer amusing; the cons of coming on top. She couldn't help but agree a bit, as her line of work was growing repetitive: sneak past thugs or City Guard, kill the target, and escape. "I can't do my work with a bunch of low-lives looking for me, no matter how stupid they are," she answered for his first question.

Tezira silently huffed when Cecil spoke of how she dealt with the bandit leader. "That job was personal." Though she chuckled when Cecil brought up his encounter with their second leader. Cecil sat down, looking into the ocean. He asked if she thought it was pretty, to which she replied, "I suppose it's... appealing." He then asked for her thoughts on their new boss. "Suitable. Her skills as a femme fatale, from what I've heard, are remarkable. I doubt she'll be looking at me, though."

The familiar voice of Ramirov had bounced through the air. He was calling the initiates and putting them into different teams. Tezira was called after the Sun Elf, but what he said made her twitch. Kale... Kale? Tezira growled lightly. KALE?!? As in the salad vegetable? "I'm cutting his tongue the next time he calls me that..." she mumbled to herself as she approached Ramirov. She reached into the box and drew a red card, touching her dampened mask when the lieutenant pointed out a blood stain. As she passed him and into the ship, she spat, "It's pronounced 'Kah-lay.' Remember that, Ramirov."

Tezira was one of the first to enter the ship, finding herself what she believed to be a private room. There, she took a dirtied cloth and cut it into strips with her knife. She pushed her hood back, revealing the bird's nest of hair and unwrapping the knot on her current mask. The bloodied straps fell, and she felt the air touch her face again, hesitantly bringing her hands to its skin. She hated every bit of it. Tezira found the cleaner straps, going through the lengthy process of replacing her mask.

Quados Quados Literary Revenant Literary Revenant

Altanta looked around at the group around her as a few more arrived. There were quite a few joining, and a few hot women as well. Feeling excited she smiled the herself. A fresh start, new comrades, and a job. She couldn't ask for more.

Her attention was soon drawn to Ramirov as he spoke to the group. Hearing her name being called she smirked a bit. Did he almost say his last name. Intriguing. Well too bad she was into ladies, but from an objective point of view she couldn't say he was unattractive. Stepping forward she took the red piece of paper. An excited smile forming on her face. She'd work under Janet.

"Thank you. don't worry, i will." She said with a nod before stepping onto the ship. Next was to find a spot to drop her bag. A bit of wandering later she found a room that had not yet been claimed. Just tossing the bag into a corner of the room she returned to the deck. As she stepped back onto the deck she saw the moon elf.

"Hey," she called out as she made her way over. What an attractive female. The idea of sleeping with her crossed her mind briefly. She hadn't noticed it at first but as she got closer she could see that Riniya apparently could not. Despite this a flirting smile played across her lips as she spoke again. "Riniya, right? I dont mean to impose, but want some help?"

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Literary Revenant Literary Revenant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back