• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Legendary Adventurers Guild!

Impocractes

Loyal Servant to Markus Valafi
[border]View attachment 367135
The Adventurers Guild of Castletown [/border]​
[border]
Whether to recognize adventuring as an actual profession has been a long-lasting debate in the kingdom of Kingdom, and throughout the rest of the world as well. You could easily call it mercenary work, treasure hunting, thievery, civil service, or just plain murder. The king of Kingdom, King Rorian "Johnny" Amadeus Jones the Third, finally decided to make Kingdom the first country in the world to recognize adventuring as a legal profession, much to the dismay of the rest of the world. And so the guild for adventurers was built in three days, and it is already falling apart. Yes, in only six days adventuring is falling back to a term used to hide organized crime! I think it has something to do with absolutely no funding from the king. And the constant bombings from nay-sayers. Anyways, you now put it upon yourself to build a good name for adventurers and save adventuring before it is gone forever.
[/border]

I'm not typing that introduction again, and no, I am not copying and pasting it here either. That feels insincere, and I am anything but. Go read the interest check, and come back here if you really believe that this is a good idea.

[border]Drawing (4).png
Rock Chan, Leader of the Adventurers Guild [/border]​
[border]

Information
Stats

View attachment 367172
Unknown, The Nameless Adventurer
HP=999999999

MP=999999999

I dunno if I'm going to do this yet. I probably am because it's easy.
Inventory

You own the thing that rich people can never have: Nothing

"You seriously want to apply for a position in the guild?" Rock Chan asks you, incredulous. "You do know the risks, right? We used to have twenty people on board, but half of them were killed by protesters and the other half were scared off by their comrades being killed by protesters. Now it's only me."

You tell him that you intend to revive the art of adventuring. He chuckles.

"There was no such thing as that, to begin with. But I get what you're trying to do, and I wholeheartedly support you. You're in. There is a little paperwork involved, mandated by the king, though I doubt he even looks at 'em. Follow me. It'll only take you a few minutes"

Rock walks to the back of the small, filthy room and opens the door at the back. Behind that door is a small office, complete with a poster of a kitten saying "Hang in there!". He rifles through the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet for a minute, muttering to himself, until he finds and pulls out a small packet of paper and a pen. "Here you go" he says, handing you the materials.
[/side][/border]

[border]
Welcome to the adventurers guild! Before you can start "adventuring" we need to get to know you a little better. This quiz has been specially designed by wordologists to make it easy to know everything there is to know about you. Even though the questions may seem nonsensical, please answer them as truthfully as possible. Thank you.

Name?
A. John
B. Ragglemuffin
C. sdfsfgtttgeef
D. Other [Write your name here]

Are you from this planet?
A. Yes
B. No

If you answered A to the last question, what planet are you from?
A. Mars
B. Planet S-789
C. Krypton
D. Other [Write your planet here]

Are you from this dimension?
A. Yes
B. No

If you answered A to the last question, what dimension are you from?
A. Opposite land
B. The 5th Dimension
C. The Cartoon Dimension
D. Other [Write your dimension here]

What is your species?
A. Human
B. Bear
C. A Sentient Shade of Blue
D. Other [write your species here]

What is your gender?
A. Male
B. Female
C. Other [Write your gender here]
D. My species does not have gender

If you are from this planet and dimension, which country are you from?
A. Kingdom
B. The Grizzly Republic
C. The North
D. Other [write your country here]

What was your occupation before you decided to ruin your life by becoming an adventurer?
A. Drunk Hobo
B. Prostitute
C. Child
D. Other [Write your occupation here]

Do you have any magical powers?
A. Yes
B. No

What weapons do you prefer to use?
A. Sword
B. Accordion
C. Chair
D. Other [Write your choice of weapon here]

Scenario: You are trying to kill someone. What do you do to kill them?
[write-in]

You are almost finished! The rest of this quiz is optional, but it is recommended you fill it out as well.
What skills do you have?
[Write your skills here]

Tell us a little bit about your background.

[Write it here in a few sentences]

To the best of your ability, draw yourself in the box below.

[Imagine there is a box here. Then upload a picture here. It doesn't have to be drawn by you, although I would prefer if it were]

Anything else you wanna add?

[/border]

1. Jax Steel

2.i hope so

3.yes i am from this dimension

4.human

5.male

6.a small village in unclaimed land named winter fire

7.blacksmith/hunter/paladin

8.holy magic

9.this great axe my grandfather made

10.step in close hit them with the hilt of my axe in the solar plexus and kick out their knee and chop their head off

11. blacksmith, cooking, first aid

i am a 19 year old paladin...apprentice paladin, i have 10 years of blacksmithing experience. I grew up in the town of winter fire in a patch of unclaimed land outside north, well claimed by my people. my teacher in the ways of a paladin was a man who left kingdom because his whole family died, he taught me the ways and i am still a novice but someday i will be a master. other than that there isnt anything else well personality wise i am generally a calm and collected person and im quite amicable

(i have the worst artistic talent ever so i will give a brief description) 6'1 white blond hair, white, clean shaven and wear full plate for battle but black leather when just chillaxing, small scar under left eye, smiles often

[border]
8XYJD0u
Drawing (4).png
Rock Chan, Leader of the Adventurers Guild [/border]​
[border]

Information
Stats

View attachment 367467
Some artistic liberties have been taken.
Jax Steel, the Guy With a Big Axe
HP=Still figuring this out

MP=there is going to be something meaningful here eventually

Currently in a state of misguided anticipation (Is more likely to make decisions that may seem alright now but will ruin his life in three to four years)
Inventory

A big 'ol axe
Some plate armor
A standard green X first aid kit
A hammer used for beating metal into submission
some food
some booze
some cowhide shaped in the form of a human being to be worn on occasion
magics

Some flashy light stuff
Maybe some stuff your god can do for you or something
I dunno

"Welp" Rock says, taking the form back from you, "This contract has now bound you into my service for the rest of your life. Which, judging by the lives of the other guild members, is most likely going to last one or two more days."

"A paladin, huh?" Rock says after reading over the sheet. "We don't get very many of those around here, mostly because we here in Kingdom have a... tense relationship with the gods. Safe to say that they hate us. I dunno what that might do to your weird magics but if something goes wrong with them, you know why."

"I am eager to start. What do I need to do to get a quest?" You ask.

"Well, normally, there would be a board on the wall where people would post their problems and the reward. You would sign another form and come back to get your reward when you finished it. But with all the hatred, we have only had one person brave enough to come here with a problem. And I don't think he was serious (or sober) when he gave it to me. Read it yourself" Rock hands you a small note with a piece a tape that has long since lost its adhesiveness on it to you.

I run a tavern a few miles outside of Castletown, and I make a great deal of money. Not only from the drunks and illicit business deals that go on here but also from starter "adventurers" looking for their first quest. I have made quite a profit from breeding a bunch of rats in my cellar and telling adventurers to go and kill them. I then reward them with a single drink, and they, caught up in their victory, order a dozen more. But recently the rats in my cellar have been disappearing. My cellar is empty of rats, and when I put more down there to copulate, they vanish too. I believe there is something evil happening in my cellar, and I want someone to go down there and make it stop.

"I know it is a cliche, having to go into the cellar of a tavern to deal with the rat problem, but it's all I got at the moment. If you leave now, you can probably beat the crowd of drunks."

What do you do?

[border]
Accept the quest and leave
[/border]

[border]
Tell Rock that his establishment has failed to meet your expectations and that you are going somewhere else in search of quests
[/border]

[border]
Decide your own fate [Write-in]
[/border]

[/border]

1. D. Other Danny Gruffernuffer.
2. A. Yes.
3. D. Other Planet world.
4. A. Yes.
5. D. Other World dimension
6. A. A human.
7. A. A male.
8. D. Other Dimension country.
9. D. Other Country job.
10. A. Yes.
11. D. Other Job weapon.
12. Write in words "Rather I kill you" in my text bubble, then smack his face to death with it.
13. Weapon skills.
14. Skills background is very dark.
15. =>--I-(*v*).
16. Background adding.

"Hehe.. Peer Pressure!!... You better accept the quest, Pal!"

i sit there and think for a second "well i could use the money and if its all there is.....well never the less jax steel is on the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back