• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Legendary Adventurers Guild!

Impocractes

Loyal Servant to Markus Valafi
[border]Drawing (2).png
The Adventurers Guild of Castletown [/border]​
[border]
Whether to recognize adventuring as an actual profession has been a long-lasting debate in the kingdom of Kingdom, and throughout the rest of the world as well. You could easily call it mercenary work, treasure hunting, thievery, civil service, or just plain murder. The king of Kingdom, King Rorian "Johnny" Amadeus Jones the Third, finally decided to make Kingdom the first country in the world to recognize adventuring as a legal profession, much to the dismay of the rest of the world. And so the guild for adventurers was built in three days, and it is already falling apart. Yes, in only six days adventuring is falling back to a term used to hide organized crime! I think it has something to do with absolutely no funding from the king. And the constant bombings from nay-sayers. Anyways, you now put it upon yourself to build a good name for adventurers and save adventuring before it is gone forever.
[/border]

Hello. I am Impocratese. You probably haven't heard of me. If you have, I have to try harder. This is a whimsical fantasy quest thing heavily inspired by the web browser game Kingdom of Loathing. I love that game. Although there probably isn't going to be as many references as in the game, because I am not as well traveled. Anyways, I had an entire plot though out, and I wrote the first post, but then I realized that I hated both the post and the plot. So I scrapped it and put this thing together real quick because I had nothing better to do. This is going to be a series of adventurers assigned by the guild to you in order to rebuild the guild (Think like the thieve's guild quests from Skyrim, except less stealing and more killing). And I am going to be making everything up as I go along. (Although there probably is going to be some overarching plot that builds up to an epic conclusion, which will probably be the shattered remains of my old plot because I liked the direction it was going) That's not the best part. There will be a write-in option for each post, meaning you (and your peers, but they don't matter as much as you do) can decide what this world is like, where we go, and what we do. Feel free to create weird situations and mold the world around you without my permission (although you will need the permission of your peers, as I am still doing the whole "voting" thing"). If I haven't scared you off yet (You must be either brave or stupid jump on this train, which is most likely going to crash soon) the first post is here, ready for your response. (If you are reading this before I have finished the first post, good for you. You're early. Take a seat. There's coffee, if you want)

Last edited:
Well time to create the ultimate evil in order to give adventures a legitimate reason to exist! Give it the power to create hordes of monsters and we'll be set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back