• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Legend of Zelda: Crossed Fates

Characters
Here

KirienIsamu

a determined artist
480px-LOZWW_Prologue_3.png
Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. It was a prosperous land blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace.

But one day, a man of great evil found the golden power and took it for himself. With its strength at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand...

...a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light.

This is but one of the legends of which the people speak...

Over the years legends such as these would fall into obscurity...

...However, those who forget history....

..are doomed to repeat it....

But....

There still remains one village that has not forgotten these tales..

Once every year they celebrate the hero's victory over the great calamity that once swept the land.

-Rules-
All RPNation Rules apply here of course
- Updates would need to be more than 1 sentence at least.
- On character sheet or in RP do not post a picture that does not belong to you. However you can post the link to the picture instead so this shouldn't be an issue.
- Offical zelda game art however should be ok to post.
- Please do try to not make an over powered character, the only time you'll see a character who is 'over powered' is if they hold plot significance.

This is where the rp will be held

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Coriander Coriander Pixie Palace Pixie Palace Wyster Wyster

Chapter One

The streets of Malo village were buzzing with excitement. Children ran down the streets with food and whatever toys they could find, some were pretend sword fighting with a few tree branches.
Merchants had carpets rolled out in the town square to sell products and food.
Over all it was quite the eventful day.
Near the center of town workers were setting up a stage of sorts.
The village mayor was looking over a clipboard then back at the stage anxiously.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt
quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Zaris' boots quietly clicked against the stones of Malo Village's pathways as he slowly looked around at the villagers were preparing for the festivities. Even though this festival happened every year in this very village, it still found new ways to amaze him as he passed through. Malo was, after all, the only village that still celebrated the Hero's triumph over the Calamity that consumed the land. His own village, a fairly large and populated one named Riasa that rested near the threshold of a great forest, had long since forgotten the mythical tale for reasons unknown aside from obscurity, and this irked Zaris slightly, for he viewed such forgetfulness as a particularly cursed act. Still, he would never voice such protestations for the sake of avoiding a long-winded argument with his fellow residents of Riasa.

As he pulled his hood down to allow the tail portion of his hair to flow gently in a warm breeze, Zaris' eyes drifted toward the children playing with their makeshift swords and toys. He watched them do battle with each other in an attempt to perhaps recreate the fateful battle that brought about the legend and its festival. While he did not particularly care for sword-fighting, Zaris nevetheless found the play-fighting mildly amusing, and so he gave a "hmph", followed by an ephemeral smile. His main destination was the square, where he would purchase some additional supplies for a future journey. His last one was particularly exhausting, and he found himself eating more than usual as a result. Normally, he would re-supply at Riasa, but this was a bit of a special case for him. Perhaps, he thought, even his appetite was wolf-like this time 'round.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt

LINK
~-~*~-~

The air smelled sweet, a mix of the familiar scent of blossoming flowers... and all those baked goods in the town square that always tempted Link's sweet tooth. Perhaps he should get him and Ite a few slices of the baker's fruit pie, or even a-

"I GOT YOU, MR. LINK!" A small girl suddenly squealed, charging at him with a stick. Link laughed, then caught himself and faked a look of terror as the child 'stabbed' him with the branch. Letting out a cry, he rolled onto his side, sticking out his tongue and pretending to be dead. The young girl giggled and ran off towards the other children, all pretending to be locked in a fierce battle. Link couldn't help but smile as he sat back up, brushing a leaf out of his hair.

Yes, this had to be his favorite time of year. Happy faces seemed to be everywhere as people enjoyed the festivities, there was always good food, and Link usually had fun mucking about and seeing the travelers that occasionally passed through.

Out of no where, his stomach rumbled loudly, and with a light laugh Link got to his feet and made his way to the square, doing his best to avoid the little ones still play-fighting. Should I get veggie cream soup? Or fried egg and rice... or, no-

He bumped into someone, startling him out of his thoughts. "Ah!" Link quickly smiled and bowed his head, bringing his fist up to his chest to sign "sorry!" He glanced up to get a better look of the person- a tall man with peculiar eyes and thin black tattoos going down his face... Link didn't think he'd ever seen him before. Head tilted, he gave a little wave and awkwardly apologized again, unsure if the stranger would even understand him. Worth a shot though, right?

template by astraea

Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

Last edited:

Furin had never truly realized how use to heat she was, until she had left the desert and gone onto the journey she was on now. Her light weight clothes made no barrier for the small breeze that kept the town light, a chill subtly resting on her spine. It was uncomfortable to say the least, but if she couldnt handle a little chill then she might as well quit now. The eventful and happy atmosphere kept her spirits up and Furin disliked large crowds, the busyness of the square was welcoming. People of all sorts were wandering around, bargaining with the local merchants and over all just enjoying themselves. Though she wanted to enjoy herself and spend some more time basking in the hustle, she was on a mission. Her teacher who was travelling just as much as she was, sent her to this town in hopes that the up coming festival of sorts would give insight to inspiration or quest, because what better way to find history is there than to join a festival about one of the most well known historical story? Festival or no, she was here for information.

Even though there was quite the variety of people, it was surprising to see some of the more out there people. Furin was a rare case among gerudo, seeing as most of them had a high dislike toward hylians, but today there was a view of the fiery headed individuals selling desert treasures. From familiar fruits to colorful jewelry. Needless to say, it added a sense of home to the whole ordeal. The only difference being the amount of green in the scenery.

List of people:
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

Yemu
The Kokiri of the Underearth

Through the bustling crowds of the streets of Malo village, a small lone child dressed in dirty green and leather brown clothes roams the streets with a sack full of items carried against his back. To the eyes of others, this boy is just some kid but to some with good knowledge of things he is a kokiri. This what differentiates him from the other children playing in the streets. Unlike them, Yemu is a hardworking lad with a lonely job. A self hired underground engineer and lone miner. This foreign child has come from a far different village. The boy was roaming the streets along with the other children. Most individuals mistakes him as just another kid who is just playing around. He blended with the children so well that one can hardly notice his signature kokiri look.

Yemu walked along the streets with the busy crowd walking here and there. The boy has atleast walked in the same area twice. Yemu's motive seems like he wants to find a certain item for most of his appearances were near the merchant's area. The boy had a scarf wrapped around the area where his mouth should be, he never seems to bother to take it off. Yemu glanced at each and every single stand he saw. All Yemu had was one blue Rupee in hand. Whatever this boy is up to it seems like he wants to trade his Rupee for something.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Unit GRX-293 Unit GRX-293

Many of the merchants had taken notice of Yemu and were attempting to gethis attention. Some of the notable products being a box of rings and other gem stones, arrows, one man was only selling glass bottles. There was a stand selling kinstone pieces which had recently become popular again, several kids around the stand were attempting to fuse their kinstones. There was another stand nearbye selling masks, although the seller looked rather creepy. One store was selling wooden shields with three triangles painted on.
Many kids were playing around the bombchu bowling game, it could be dangerous so there was at least two adults supervising.

Soon the stage seemed to be completed and seemingly on time as a rather fancy looking horse and carriage entered the village. Following close were many well armored soldiers most holding spears and a rare few carrying rifles which had only been recently invented apparently being powered by bombflower juice.

Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster

Zaris began to create a mental checklist of the items he would need as he examined the merchants and their wares, a fist resting gently beneath his masked chin. /Let me see.../ He thought. /Some venison steaks would be nice. Then, it would not hurt to purchase a few candles for night-time-- no, perhaps a tinderbox would prove more useful. There will be dry wood everywhere, I'm sure. As for-/

His thoughts were suddenly cut quite short as a young man bumped into him and moved him a couple of feet forward. Zaris slowly turned around to face the man, his eyes locking with the stranger's as he did. A gloved hand moved up to Zaris' mask before it quickly jerked downwards to reveal his mouth. There was a brief pause before Zaris said, "Do watch where you're going." His voice was soft, but certainly not gentle in tone. Zaris could see, however, that this young Hylian meant well and was actively trying to apologize as best as he could despite being an apparent, and so he let the incident go. "Actually, might you be able to give me a hand? I'm looking for the food vendor. My food supplies are very low as it currently stands."

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt (Interacting)

Last edited:
Steve the adventures Slime

Steve entered the villiage as moving small liquid on the ground. He knew that people would possibly attack him if they saw him.

He slimed himself trough the corners of the town, while making minimal attention. The only time he was noticed was when a small child stepped into him. That child quickly ran away to tell his mother, but by the time his parents were at the scene, Steve was already near the town center, even tho he still was a hidden puddle somewhere under someone's pakred cart.

Steve still had some minor pain of the accident from before, but it was bearable. His mission was to possibly steal loot hidden in the village. He was now on the move to the market and managed to absorb some fruits that fell to the ground and was forgotten. But when he saw the the soliders he stopped his operations and quickly hid again.

Last edited:
(Guess I was able to make it after all :))

Kogi

In the forest, not too far away, a small korok was making his way towards the lights shining brightly in the nearby village. He wished he could have gotten there more sooner, especially when it was celebrating over the hero's victory a century ago. But with most of his time and energy focused into this one task he gave himself, (and several others along the way ) He had forgotten about it and ended up falling asleep instead. If it wasn't for the noise, he would have missed it entirely. Maybe he didn't miss too much. After all, he had heard the music start only a moment ago, right?

Kogi gripped onto his makeshift backpack as he scurried through the front gates, finding himself behind what seemed like an army of soldiers. One had heard the small footsteps of his stubs and turned to take a look at him, Another followed his movements. Both stare, but as the korok simply waves and wanders off into the village, they dismissed him as just another enjoying the festival.

Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster

Last edited:
LINK
~-~*~-~

Curious blue eyes studied the other's face, now that the lower half wasn't covered by cloth. The man didn't seem too upset... but Link couldn't really say for sure. The other's tone didn't help much either-- his voice was soft and even had a certain gentleness to it, although his tone was anything but. Frowning a little, he decided it'd be best if he left the older man alone, and was about to turn away when the hylian spoke up.

"Actually, might you be able to give me a hand? I'm looking for the food vendor. My food supplies are very low as it currently stands."

The boy perked up immediately, a smile lighting up his face as he nodded and began rummaging through the bag slung over his shoulder. Out came a small notepad and a pen, both looking like they've seen better days. Link quickly scrawled what he wanted to say and held it up so the man could see.

"I was just heading there myself!"

And with that, he turned around and began to make his way through the square with a slight skip in his step, gesturing for the other man to follow. Although... Link stopped after a few moments, pausing to scribble down another note.

"You're not from here, right? If you don't mind me asking, where you from?"

template by astraea

Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

Zaris nodded as Link gave his response. /So he expresses his words on paper, then? I suppose that's fair./ He began following Link per his request, his arms folded. "Well, it's quite fortunate that we're heading to the same place, isn't it?" When Link stopped to ask Zaris another question, he followed suit, briefly running a hand through his wolf-tail before returning his arms to a crossed position. "You must live here, judging by that question of yours. To provide an answer, however, I am indeed not from here. I live in Riasa Village, further to the west. It is there that I serve as Beastmaster-- an expert with animals, if you will. A bit fitting, considering my... well, you can see that for yourself." Zaris briefly indicated his eyes. "I typically pass through Malo on my way home from the extended voyages I partake in. It is from them that I learn more about the world's wildlife, and no two trips are ever truly the same. This time, for example, I found myself scaling far more sheer rock faces than I would have liked to, and my stomach did not approve of the drastic change in routine. So, rather than choosing to restock in Riasa, I decided to replenish my food supply here in order to make it through that last leg."

Zaris had heard the horse and carriage pull into the village, and narrowed his eyes. "It sounds like your village has company." He observed. "I'll finish shopping later, if I must. If that carriage belongs to who I think it belongs to, it would be in our best interests to make haste. Perhaps, even, we'll meet more visiting festival-goers waiting at the procession. 'twould be nice to speak to a fresh face or two."

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt (Interacting)

Last edited:
Bells began to chime in the center of town as the children scurried to the stage. The carriage came to a stop as the mayor quickly ran to the door to welcome their guests.
" G-good afternoon your majesty. What do we owe this visit."
The door opened as two figures emerged. One was a tall and large built man with a white beard, his face had many wrinkles showing his age, with a stern look he could strike fear and respect into almost anyone.
The second figure was much smaller, none of their features could be spotted as they kept a brown hood over their head.
" My daughter wanted to inspect the festival, I had no other responsibilities so why not indulge her request. "
"Un-derstood, right this way!" The mayor led the two to the stage.

Over the walls of the village a small group of bokoblins looked over. One drew their bow with a red tipped arrow.

Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt

LINK
~-~*~-~

As the man spoke, Link slowed down his pace so he was walking next to the other hylian, rather than a bit in front of him like before. He always enjoyed hearing a good story, it didn't matter from who, although he often wished he had a few of his own to share. Maybe one day, he thought, humming slightly when the man finished. So he's a Beastmaster, then? Oughta be interesting... Link looked up to get another look of his eyes, smiling a little before looking back down at the ground. He reached for his notepad again to ask another question, though paused when the other spoke up.

"It sounds like your village has company."

Frowning, Link glanced back to see a carriage coming into the village, pulled along by a pretty white horse and surrounded by... soldiers. Well armed by the looks of it, too.

"If that carriage belongs to who I think it belongs to, it would be in our best interests to make haste. Perhaps, even, we'll meet more visiting festival-goers waiting at the procession. 'twould be nice to speak to a fresh face or two."

Link nodded slowly as bells began to chime, still watching the carriage. The mayor had scurried over, looking as flustered as ever, and rightfully so considering who had just arrived. "Stage." He whispered, his voice sounding strange and foreign to him as he gestured towards the town's center, where a crowd was beginning to gather. Without waiting for an answer, Link wandered off towards the stage, expecting the other to either follow or go off to do his own thing.

template by astraea

Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

Steve the adventures Slime

Steve was stealthly moving to safer positions while trying not to be detected. At some point, he even got a good view onto stage that had appread, but he wasn't too interested in a stage play. He moved on.

At some point, he spotted the Bokoblins, or rather "Bokos" since he is too lazy to say the entire name. It seemed that they were planning an assasination with their bows. But Steve didn't care about politics. Yet he wanted to know what was going on. He was slowley sliming towards the Bokos, but because of his focus on staying undetected, he was only coming very slowley closer, indirectly.

Yemu

Glancing through the stands and merchants along the way. Yemu's eyes caught many things that really catches his interests there are just so many products trying to get sold and each one is more unique than the last. Yemu carefully observed each stall he passes, he first stopped by at what seems to be shop where this one merchant who caught his attention well, was selling round shaped pieces of what looks like a puzzle piece for something, judging it's half puzzle like patterns which really interests him as it seems to be a trend to children his age. Yemu would love to try buy one of these stones but he would like to try it later since there is still much more to see. Yemu moved on and passed the merchant with a polite wave, saying "no but thank you" along with it. He encounters another merchant trying to catch his attention. It was another merchant trying to sell his goods. Unlike other shops they were trying to sell only one and strange merchandise, empty bottles... Despite the old scarf wrapped around his lower facial area. He had a strange look over the merchant trying to sell him an empty bottle. Yemu's natural response kicked in and with the same gesture he did same to the merchant and left. He felt kinda sorry but he already had an Empty bottle he found and he has never used it for anything, he just think it's neat. He went on further like normal. Moments after his last merchant encounter, he encounters yet again another merchant. Something about this merchant really gives him an unsettling feeling despite the innocence. This man was selling masks and masks only. There is something about his smile that really finds out-worldly for him. The mask salesman may or may not be aware of him watching him but Yemu just stared at them without saying another word, he didn't even approach them. Masks weren't his wort of interest better yet, this man. Yemu ignored them completely and walked away.

Several minutes later, Yemu was finally starting give up and head back to the Kinstone stand to try a piece to trade his only rupee he picked up with. Before he did, he decided to go a little further again. This time he found merchant trying to sell a very bizarre item that caught his eye. It was a small shield with a interesting design engraved/painted on it. Yemu was really amazed by it and had the urge to ask for it's price which he expects to be expensive. Before he did approach the merchant. He looked back behind him to check for nothing and saw a small peculiar creature roaming the village streets. He couldn't quite make out what this thing was because of the distance between them is long making it blurry for him to find out. The creature might even have caught his glance at them before he looked away. He gathered his courage and walked up to the Merchant selling the shield. With his soft spoken voice he asked.

"Hello, may i ask how much does it cost for this shield?" He asked with a soft polite tone. Yemu was a bit bashful at the moment but his interest is really into the shield and really wants to know the price even though he is only holding on to a single blue Rupee, tightly.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu (Direct interaction: Shield Merchant guy)
Wyster Wyster (Indirect interaction)
Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander

Last edited:
The shield merchant looked bored, it appears as if he hadn't gotten any sales this day, his head resting on his left arm. "Hmm?.. ah 20 Rupees. How does that sound, buy something will ya." The man chuckled until he noticed Yemu on had a single blue rupee "oh..er.." He looked to be weighing his options, on one hand these shields were at least 20 rupees in value, but no one seemed to be interested. "Hrm.. tell ya what kid." He pulled one shield off the shelf, "I'll give ya a discount on this one if ya spread the word about this shop to yer friends. How does that sound?"
(Interactions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre )

" Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Thank you for your attendance, once a year we hold this festival to honor the hero who pushed the calamity back saving our dear land from certain doom."
The mayor continued to recount the history behind the festival and the legend surrounding it as a small band of roughly 10 people got set up by the side of the stage. other stage assistants were setting up background slides.
As Link got closer to the stage his left hand would start tingling, three triangles began to glow although the bottom right was the brightest. At the same time the hooded figure next to the king started covering their left hand.
(Indirect interaction: Svisttt Svisttt )

The mayor began to read the legend and explain the legend of the great calamity while stage assistants moved pieces of the backdrop around to simulate motion.
the one who brought terror and sorrow over the land for nearly 100 years. At that time the world was reaching its end
Until one day a hero wielding the sword that seals the darkness rose as if from nowhere.
With the help of the four ancient divine beasts at his back the hero at long last brought an end to the beast's terror.

The calamity had been said to rise time and time again, but to this very day has not returned since its last battle.
That is why we continue to celebrate this tale, had it not been for this hero's bravery none of us would be here today.

Wyster Wyster
Coriander Coriander

Last edited:
Yemu

Upon hearing the price of the shield. Yemu slowly looked down to his only Rupee in hand with an awkward stare, at the same time the man looked at the Rupee. Yemu gave a long awkward silence before the merchant broke the silence and gave him another option. He was told to advertise and endorse his shop to others. Yemu, again silently thought over the deal. He had insufficient funds to buy the shield, not with one blue Rupee. It was a strange request yet he did not complain for he was getting the shield in another way. Yemu could've have simply said no but something inside him kept his mouth from opening and denying the request kindly. Now he is stuck with nice man with a deal he could no longer run away from. Yemu simply scratched his own head and opened to say...

"...It is a deal, kind sir..." He said softly with a nod. Yemu without thinking twice answered the deal with a yes. Yemu's felt embarrassed by asking the price and only holding only like 1/4 of the price he needed to pay for. His inner shopping demon really got into him.

"Where must i start? Are there any instructions you would like to give me, sir?" Yemu's polite tone took the talking. There was no turning back now for real and he is willing to do what the man asks of him. Seems like he really wanted the item. Why would he need a shield? For cosmetic aesthetics? Home souvenir display? Try to sell it for a bigger price? Whatever the reason will remain unknown for now but it seems like it's less important at the moment.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Wyster Wyster
Coriander Coriander
Svisttt Svisttt

Zaris wanted to head toward the food vendor with Link, but just as he was about to probe his Rupee Pouch to check its contents, bells started ringing. "They're finished that soon? Hmm. I suppose this will have to wait even further, then. Wouldn't want to miss out if they're beginning the main event this-"

Link, at this point, was already on his way over before Zaris could even finish his sentence.

"Ah." Zaris said to himself, a bit surprised. "Right."

Along the way, he passed a small boy, presumably no older than 10, haggling with a shield vendor. He watched the boy hand the vendor a blue Rupee upon agreeing (reluctantly) to advertise the vendor's wares. That seemed like quite the unusual task for someone so young, but then again, Zaris had heard of a people known as the Kokiri-- Children of the Forest, who never seem to age. Only, if that were the case, then where was his fairy? Oh, well. In any case, Zaris briefly looked over his right shoulder to give the boy a last glance before breaking into a brisk walk over to the stage as Link had just suggested with a whisper. The mayor of Malo Village had just begun to recount the heroic tale, and so Zaris was perhaps right on time as he mingled with the crowd.

As Zaris listened to the Mayor speak alongside the stagehands performing their act, his head slowly began to turn to the left. Upon doing so, he squinted his eyes as he saw unusual shapes gathered near the top of the village's walls. His neutral expression slowly changed to a grimace as he shielded his eyes with the back of his hand. /Are those...?/ Zaris knew shapes like those all too well, but it was here he was faced with a dilemma-- he could shout to warn everyone and save lives at the cost of spoiling the story, or he could wait until one of those guards that escorted the carriage spotted the prospective porcine assailants, but that would come down to pure happenstance. He felt like he had to choose, and fast.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (Indirect interaction)
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt (Interacting... sort of)

Last edited:

Kogi

Kogi was wandering through the village, taking in all the sights and sounds. The streets were crowded with all kinds of people, all eager to see what the festival was willing to offer. The children were playing together, sword fighting with sticks and wooden swords of their own. Many merchants were handing travelers with the supplies they needed with smiles on their faces. It all just seemed so lively. But seeing all these markets just made him realize how unprepared he was. He didn't have much on him, just some string and a stick, along with a couple of medicine packs he had made and a giant leaf. He wished he could get something to help fend off against the more feral animals he saw on his way here, but without rupees, there wasn't much he could get except anything he made with his own stubs. Before he could start thinking any deeper into it, the sound of bells had caught him off-guard, snapping him out of his thoughts into a more alert state. He paused, his attention facing the other side of the street.

There, somewhere up ahead was a big stage, with several people already grouping around the set. Beside it was a small group of three walking up the steps. Although he couldn't really make them out, he could tell just by the carriage and the army of soldiers he saw earlier that at least one of them were probably royalty. But why would someone like that be doing here in a place like this? He started to walk up to the crowd standing around the front, curious.

As he was walking, a peculiar green caught his eye. He turned his whole body around to get a good look, though the only thing he could see out of his mask was a small blotch of colors, a murky green being the most prominent. He stepped towards it, wondering what it might be. As he took each step closer, the figure started to look clearer. Though still blurry, there was no mistaking that it was a kokiri. He stood there in It was always nice to see another from home around, but he still wanted to know one thing. Was it him? It didn't seem like him. His clothes were way more vibrant, and he never wore a scarf when he'd come to visit. But, what if it was him and he'd just happened to look like that? Well, what could have happened for him to look like that? He couldn't have just decided to dress this way, could he? Though he didn't realize it, Kogi had stared at the kokiri for nearly a minute trying to find reasons for his appearance when a voice echoed from behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Thank you for your attendance..."

He looked back at the direction he was headed earlier as a couple of others joined the crowd. A man was already on stage, retelling the legend of Zelda. He should probably go over there quickly before he misses too much, but Kogi had promised himself that he would make sure he was safe. That was the whole reason he went on this journey, after all. With little hesitation, Kogi began to move in some more, only wanting to catch a glimpse of his face just to be sure.​

LINK
~-~*~-~

Link approached the crowd, unable to keep a small smile off his face as his excitement grew. Though they did this every year, he still enjoyed hearing the legend being retold, happy that the tale won't be lost to history- for a little while longer, at least. Glancing around, he noticed a little girl tugging at her father's arm, begging to sit on his shoulders so she could get a better look. He grinned a bit and turned his attention back to the story, though his focus quickly began to wane as a prickling sensation took over his left hand.

With a frown, he held his hand up to his face, eyes widening at what greeted him. Three golden triangles on the back of his hand, all glowing, though the bottom right shimmered brightest. Panic coursing through him, Link hurriedly stuffed his hands into his pockets, unsure of what was happening and not wanting anyone else to find out until he knew what to do.

What's going on...?

Tell someone?

Was it even real?

He checked his hand again, stifling a whimper when he saw the triangles remained.

template by astraea

Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

You received a wooden shield, it will protect from most basic attacks but will not defend you against fire or magic

"Just tell yer friends or family bout this shop and all should be good. Now run along now kid" The merchant answered.
(Direct interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre )

Unfortunately for Zaris there wasn't much time to do something as the bokoblin on the wall shot and arrow into the village, upon a closer look it became obvious why this arrow had a red tip, a bomb arrow!, it was shot directly at the bombchu bowling game causing a chain reaction taking out almost an entire side of the village walls. From there a swarm of bokoblins rushed inside, it was not nearly enough to call an army but more than the village was prepared to handle especially today. Many were carrying simple clubs and boko shields although behind them were a few archers on horse back.
Mass Panic quickly set in the village as its citizens ran for the nearest shelter they could find. The royal guards readied their selves to defend their king.
Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster

Lani

Malo was a beautiful village. Lani couldn't stop staring at the houses and shops and all the vendors with their food and trinkets, and of course the decorations for the festival! She had heard about the celebration from an old hylian at the last rest stop she had stayed at. Of course the reason was important. The Rito never forgot the part they played in stopping The Great Calamity and the story was one of Lani's favourites.
She had made sure to land outside the town this time, going through the front gates on foot. The last village she had visited she had tried to land within the walls and had accidentally startled a herd of goats so badly they broke through their fence. She had spent the rest of that afternoon helping the angry farmer round them up and repair the damage.

Luckily, it looked like there were no goats here, only masses of people, most of them hylian, but the rito could pick out a few others, and they were all enjoying the festival.
The mayor began speaking and people started to gather about the stage. Lani noted the smallish figure cloaked in brown standing to the side. Were they part of the show?
Something on the wall caught her eye, a bow. A Bokoblin bow!

Lani followed the arrow's line of sight even as she began moving.
"Look out! On the wall!" She yelled, spreading her wings and surging forward in a rush of wind. She wasn't going to make it, and with dismay she realized what the target was.
"Everyone get down!"

The explosion blew her forward and she landed in a heap as screams rose up around her, deafening even with the ringing in her ears. When the dust cleared she saw shapes emerge from the smoking hole where the bomchu game and the wall behind it had been. Lani struggled to her feet, drawing her bow as the bokoblins swarmed in.

One swift beat of her wings took her up into the sky. The sun glinted off her iridescent green feathers. Once she had the vantage she drew a pair of arrows and aimed them at a mounted bokoblin and the club-bearing one beside it. Time seemed to slow in that moment as she sighted, then loosed. The bokoblin on the horse hit the ground as Lani landed, but she didn't count on the horse running wild once she had dislodged its rider. The animal bolted in a panic, forcing her to dive to the side. She hit the ground and her bow went flying from her hand, just as another bokoblin came bearing down on her with a spiked bone spear.

((I wasn't sure if I should post or not, I can change or delete it if I wasn't supposed to post yet. XD Also, is there a place to chat?))

Svisttt Svisttt
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
KirienIsamu KirienIsamu

Last edited:
Before Zaris could even get a chance to properly decide, the bomb arrow was loosed, resulting in a series of explosions. He leaped back at least a few feet, his boots firmly clicking against the stone pathways as he landed. "You know... somehow I figured this would happen. Leave out a flower, and every last bee is bound to try and claim it first." Zaris mumbled to himself. With a swift sleight of hand Zaris tugged his face mask back up before thrusting his arms to his sides, allowing his weapons to slide from the insides of his sleeves directly into his gloved hands handle-first-- namely, a pair of backhanded chain-whips, each adorned with a triad of very sharp, jagged blades akin to bestial claws. "Alright... who's first?"

A group of five Bokoblins charged toward Zaris, clubs and shields in hand. They seemed full of themselves, as they usually did like the monsters of little brain they were. "Allow me to impart one piece of truth upon all of you..." Zaris began softly, the blades spreading with a distinct metallic clink. "...you are all going to die here." Before giving the Bokoblins a single chance to utter a reply, a set of blades was already flying in the direction of the enemy at the head of the group, affixed to a circular node at the end of a very thin yet sturdy chain. The Bokoblin blocked more than a few of Zaris' hits, but the sheer rate at which Zaris was striking the simple creature was easily outpacing its ability to block, and it was not long before the shield was knocked clear out of its hand, followed shortly thereafter by a sheer storm of slashes, as if the Bokoblin was under attack by a pack of wolves rather than an armed Hylian.

After the leader received his punishment and vanished in a puff of dark smoke, the remaining four backed up a bit before trying to run. "Oh, did I say I was finished yet? I haven't even given you your share yet. Please, won't you sit down?" Zaris loosed a single whip toward the far-left of the remaining Bokoblins and allowed the chain to wrap around the creature's left leg with the blades providing a tight vicegrip to keep it in place. With a rough tug, he swept the Bokoblin off its feet and toward his brethren, toppling them over into a messy and dazed pile. "Much better. Now, where were we?" Zaris said as he narrowed his eyes and flashed a smile beneath his mask. Without so much as a second thought, both chains flew toward the Bokoblin pile in a ferocious flurry, each twofold strike graceful and synchronized, yet deadly. After all four assailants vanished into smoke, Zaris allowed his weapons to rest at his side after pulling them back.

With a sigh of relief, he prepared to store his whips away, but then Zaris noticed a spear-wielding Bokoblin about to attack a green-feathered Rito. /I don't recall the festival ever serving skewered bird.../ Zaris thought. /Why let them start now?/ In a compromise, Zaris stored his left whip away and tightly gripped his right. With one final loosing of his weapon, the chain flew toward the spear in an attempt to pull it away before it could strike the Rito.

KirienIsamu KirienIsamu
Coriander Coriander
Wyster Wyster
Svisttt Svisttt
SilverFlight SilverFlight (Trying to rescue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back