• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The League of Extraordinary Men

Shabazz

The year is 1898, and England is in need of a team of individuals to fight a growing amount of supernatural events and villains. Not just any individuals... but, extraordinary men. The main members (playable characters) that have been recruited include:
Allan Quatermain - A big game hunter and adventurer
Mina Murray - Legendary vampiress And secret service agent
Captain Nemo - Genius engineer and pilot of The Nautilus
Dr. Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde - A biochemist turned monstrosity due to a lab accident
Hawley Griffin - The “Invisible Man”
Sherlock Holmes - A gentleman detective
And many, many more.
In fact, anyone, be it a character from a work of fiction or an OC can join the League of Extraordinary Men granted they are, in some way, extra ordinary.
So what are you waiting for? Come join the League!

I'd be fine with you taking Sherlock Holmes. Does anyone else want to claim a character? I also wouldn't mind if you make your own character based on some myth or piece of literature. I'll make the OOC in a bit.

What should the first story plot be? I was thinking we could go looking for Jekyll/Hyde or The Invisible Man to recruit them. Any ideas?

Sweet! I'm down for looking for Jekyll and Hyde! I also thought maybe we could start with a cosmic event that opens portals to different dimensions. Like maybe a creature like the Cthulhu began terrorizing people so the boys have to band together and figure out what the heck these foreign beings are doing here. Just an idea! c:

S Shabazz I was wondering if I could play a different version on Sherlock Holmes. I think its be interesting to have different versions.

S Shabazz I meant like alternate dimension. If you don't want to deal with that then I'll just chose another character. Or make my own.

Also, I guess we're doing alternate dimensions if everyone is ok with that. If someone's character is repeated, just give them a new name and different background I guess

I’m a little confused at how the alternate dimension thing is gonna work. But I’m excited to see what Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 is gonna come up with. I was gonna play Holmes the way he’s portrayed by the author. I hope that’s okay.

Dove Dove Nah. Most reason I wanted to do a different version was because I've never really played as Sherlock. The version I'm most comfortable with is the BBC'S version.

Dove Dove Nah. Most reason I wanted to do a different version was because I've never really played as Sherlock. The version I'm most comfortable with is the BBC'S version.

I like BBC’s modern version too. I’m also a fan of the movies. I think Basil Rathbone played him best, but Ben is still awesome! And Martin’s definitely an interesting Watson! c:

Dove Dove Yeah. I really love Martin as Watson. He portrayed him well.

297166ca09a727eacaaff2986f279590.gif

Yep! That’s true. I feel like his expression is just really on point. XD

Dove Dove Yeah. And then there was so much development over the seasons.

That’s true too. I love how their Sherlock and Watson’s friendship progressed even though there were moments of heart ache.

I don’t want to take over the interest check, but good luck on your character! I’m sure they’re gonna be awesome! c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back