• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Laziest Search For M/M

Wrathka

The Paper Ghost
I would normally make a long, in depth post with a little about me and my preferences, but I'm bored out of my skull and--call me impatient-- not so interested in this part right now as much as getting to write something. Preferably something where I can develop a character arc, and/or with a little world building. Preferably with someone who writes to the occasion (more for description, less for dialogue but always more than a few sentences) and has a solid grasp of role-play etiquette.

That said, how about I rattle off some pairings with what I'm interested in trying and you can hit me up with a starter in PM. What, you say, but that's absurdly lazy on your part! What about plotting!? Discussing before hand!?! PROFILES?!??? Well, anonymous voice in my head, on the grounds of just being that lazy, I've elected to skip all that part. For now, anyway. If you manage to get me hooked, OOC we can work out the finer points of an actual plot and more so it'll endure more long term.

You pick a pairing you like. Make sure I can roughly tell from your writing which starter you've picked, or make a small note of it somewhere so I know what I'm expected to respond back with. If your character's interesting to me/you make them genuine and appealing, and I like your writing style/it'll go well with my own, then you'll get a response within a day where you can decide whether we're compatible partners or not based on whatever your preferences and all that fun stuff.

-----------------

BOLD = Preferred Part (but if I like your character in that role I'm absolutely flexible)

Feel free to mix and match with these! They're not mutually exclusive. Childhood Friends United after an Apocalypse. An immortal vampire slayer who's been rivals with this one vampire since forever in that even though he's technically trying to kill him maybe he admires the hell out of this vampire and just wants to catch him deep down to finally beat him. Bully x Bullied and Closeted boy x Open Boy would make for a great start too.

Bonus Points Awarded For:
- Characters with unusual quirks
- Characters with flaws they need to overcome
- Diverse characters
- Describing character appearance in a way that isn't a list, nor includes outright eye and hair color in your starter
- A character with a disability
- A character with a passion of some kind that wouldn't be deterred just because of love
- Settings in future or past timelines
- Characters that can be "submissive" or "dominant"
- Snark, humor, irony in any form
- Horror or tragedy in any form
- An interesting pairing I haven't included here
- A hook/first line that grabs my attention, makes me think, or makes me laugh
- Dragons. Because they're cool.
- Something I've never seen before at all really because I've been doing this so long please shock me out of this insipid pool of lethargy with something fresh I'm begging you it's going to be the death of me and you don't want me to die do you? No? THEN HELP A SISTA OUT HERE.

Apocalypse Survivors
Assassin x Target
Bully x Bullied
Childhood Friends Reunited
Closeted Boy x Open Boy
College Student X College Student
Dealer x Addict
Grim Reaper x Recently Dead
Master x Mythical Servant
Mythical Creature x Mythical Creature
City Dweller x Townie
Pirate x Stowaway