• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The Last War OOC

[SIZE=11pt]Country[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Civilian[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Military[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Naval[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Brazil[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5/9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Austria-Hungary[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]28/39 - 1* ****[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]12 - 1* ****[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sweden[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]4/7 +2**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]2 +1**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3 +1**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]China[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]33/53[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Italy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]19/26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]USA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]52/95[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]11[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Australia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3/6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Germany[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]41/57[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Russia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]28/38 - 2**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]11 -1**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8 -1**[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Spain[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]7/13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Greece[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3/6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]British Raj[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]6/10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Bulgaria[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5/8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]France[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]15/28[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]United Kingdom[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]24/39[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Albania[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0/0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Romania[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]4/7 + 2****[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1 + 1****[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Norway[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3/6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Denmark[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3/5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Serbia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]3/6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thrace[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0/0 + 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0 + 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]0 + 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ottoman Empire[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]11/16 - 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]8 - 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]5 - 1***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]*Full annexation of Bosnia[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]**Russia secedes Finland to Sweden[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]***The London Conference in its current form[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]****Austria-Hungary secedes [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Transylvania to Romania[/SIZE]

Anyone who objects or would like to augment their starting numbers with 10 factories for minor nations and 20 factories for major nations, please quote this thread and request for such. While the moderation will include these numbers unless I am otherwise notified, let's try to have our requests in by Friday, March 3rd.

Anyone who objects or would like to augment their starting numbers with 10 factories for minor nations and 20 factories for major nations, please quote this thread and request for such. While the moderation will include these numbers unless I am otherwise notified, let's try to have our requests in by Friday, March 3rd.

Do we get to pick how many civilian and how many military?

I'll take a large order of 7 civilian factories and 3 military please.

Also, I don't really agree with the giving away of factories from a historical standpoint. However, I respect the decision to not just leave smaller nations out of any chance of growth.

I'll take a large order of 7 civilian factories and 3 military please.

Also, I don't really agree with the giving away of factories from a historical standpoint. However, I respect the decision to not just leave smaller nations out of any chance of growth.

Taking factories is totally optional. This is like that point when you buy a new video game and it asks you what difficulty you want to play on. That's all

Giving away free factories makes smaller nations unfairly able to keep up with bigger nations.  I dont think this will improve the rp.  We might as well be using fictional nations if we are going to make things more even

Giving away free factories makes smaller nations unfairly able to keep up with bigger nations.  I dont think this will improve the rp.  We might as well be using fictional nations if we are going to make things more even

How about a compromise? We need to balance playability with realism. So instead of 10 additional factories for smaller nations and 20 for larger let's do a 5/10 smaller nations get five and larger get 10. After all, realistically the nation's had waaay more factories then this RP gives credit for. All nations would have at least hundreds if not a thousand factories apiece

How about a compromise? We need to balance playability with realism. So instead of 10 additional factories for smaller nations and 20 for larger let's do a 5/10 smaller nations get five and larger get 10. After all, realistically the nation's had waaay more factories then this RP gives credit for. All nations would have at least hundreds if not a thousand factories apiece

Agreed. 10/20 was a bit much. I'm up for 5/10 (although I won't be taking any) 

Granted

The problem I guess really lies in the fat that we simply don't and likely can't know the historical numbers and manufacturing capabilities of these nations.  It is a problem this and other rps like it face.

I see what you mean but giving an optional "difficulty setting" just seems more appropriate than having to go find data on it. I would agree whole heartedly on the "realism" aspect but because 99% of things need to be approved by the moderator, I think using this system streamlines the process and makes moderators less likely to give unintentionally bias ETAs. Not only that but we as players can check the moderator and see proof of certain decisions and such. 

Using the HOI IV system gives us plenty of eased access to logical ETAs. Instead of researching individual items, we have ETAs for ship production, equipment development, research, and construction. 

Also, think of this. 

Most everything mechanic-related that we're talking about is all added luxury. We have a working RP right now with a turn system that's taking it course with due time. All these extra mechanics we're adding are optional features to the players and impartial mediums by which moderators can moderate through. These systems of factories and (potentially) resources puts more work on the moderators but makes it so that all that needs to be done is a few calculations using a google sheet that's already in working condition. 

I dont think some of this is right, cause Russia is kinda not as industrialized as the rest of the nation, and the Soviet Union doesnt exist yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what we have for now, the numbers aren't perfect but we have to start with something. We could bring it up with coold00d if he'd be willing to use less factories. @coold00d12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back