• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Last War (Alternate WWI)

Jolteon

Bearer of the Sacred Thunder Stone

What if The Great War was different? What if it was started with another assassination or an attack? What if there were different countries involved, or countries were on different sides?

What if it was the war to end all war?

Anyone interested? (Suggestions and questions appreciated)

This sounds interesting, if a bit vague. Count me in, if this turns into something.

Basically the premise is the war to either:

-start normally but with a completely different end result (Triple Entente loses)

-have a different trigger (Will Germany make the first move or a nervous Britain or France?)

-Have a chaotic situation where different countries join, separate, switch sides, and have it end up like WWII with a few more trenches.

And would the RPers be managing nations during this, or playing characters?

RPers will play as nations, but there will also be events like a character giving a speech that brings something to light or boosts morale, generals that are exceptional or cowardly, etc.

I'd appreciate any other questions or suggestions you might have.

Still accepting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me, I've done a good bit of nation builders, although most were off this site. I'm definitely interested, though.

Welcome on board! Two spots filled, many more open!

Commanders from Europe, Asia, and the Americas welcome.

We have plenty of room, I'm sure you could play as either one or one just as good.

I'm still accepting, plenty of countries open! France, Austia-Hungary, Serbia, and more. Join quickly, I'd like to start playing soon!

While we're waiting for any more to join I'd also like to open this up for discussion.

First of all, how would you all like this to go? Would you like me to control events (uprisings or weather, etc.) and countries not taken by anyone else? Do you think its fine for you to be able to have two countries at once?

While we're waiting for any more to join I'd also like to open this up for discussion.

First of all, how would you all like this to go? Would you like me to control events (uprisings or weather, etc.) and countries not taken by anyone else? Do you think its fine for you to be able to have two countries at once?

Two countries at once would be quite confusing for players since then you'd be forced to either work with or against each other and have unrealistic Godmod happen to benefit your "main nation".

I think you could control the uprisings/weather and cohtries though if you need a co-gm, I'm free to fill the role! Seems like a cool rp

I'd agree with @Proxploxtops , one nation per user, have the gm/co-gm control weather, uprisings etc., and have the gm/co-gm deal with npc nations. I would also be available for the role of co-gm, if needed.

Thanks for offering, I'd be glad to have a co-gm, just keep in mind that would mean not only juggling important countries as npcs but having one less country take the spotlight (Player nations would probably need to run themselves into the ground for an npc to win). That being said, whoever wants to can. Decide among yourselves?

Also, do you think we could move to an OOC Nation Building thread? I think organizing things might be easier when we claim nations and know which ones need a player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for offering, I'd be glad to have a co-gm, just keep in mind that would mean not only juggling important countries as npcs but having one less country take the spotlight (Player nations would probably need to run themselves into the ground for an npc to win). That being said, whoever wants to can. Decide among yourselves?

Also, do you think we could move to an OOC Nation Building thread? I think organizing things might be easier when we claim nations and know which ones need a player. Look for the thread.

Sure, actually to be more organized, I could possibly make a hosted Project tomorrow as I have more than enough posts to do so if you want. It might make organization easier

That would be great; whenever you have the time. Hopefully we can get this started by no later than a week from now.

I have a lot of stuff going on, but I'd like to manage the French Republic or the Russian Empire, depending on what's open. 

As soon as we get the roleplay up, we'd be happy to have you in it. I'm sure one of those options will be open for you.

I was thinking those countries or a resurgent Spanish Empire. This is alternate history after all. 

We are moving to The Last War in the Hosted Projects section. Anyone who wants to join should go there and sign up for a nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back