• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Last Stand

myrkwise

Despite everything, I'm still here.
Cataclysm has struck.

A magical prison holding some of the most dangerous and vile creatures known to existence has been destroyed, making way for a terrifying Legion to quickly ravage its way to the conquest of the Plane of Khalamir wherein it resides. The Legion's ultimate aim? To seize the Celestine Tower in the Empire of Irelia and destroy the artifact stopping interdimensional travel in Khalamir, to allow the Legion to spread its way across the entire multiverse.

One would think, in this situation, that the Empire would devote its whole effort to combatting the Legion's evergrowing might, but such a prospect couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, the highly decentralized Empire and its various petty fiefdoms are more concerned with issues of internal politics than in dealing with the existential threat on the Imperial Frontier. With the Emperor himself being a mere nine year old boy puppet, the task of saving the multiverse fell on an Order of Mages, who were determined to stop the Legion once and for all.

Conducting a magical ritual, the Order sacrificed themselves in order to bring a group of the multiverse's greatest and most powerful heroes into Khalamir. Suddenly ripped from the world they knew, these individuals found themselves in a smoky crimson room, filled with the blood of sacrificed mages, with just one apprentice left alive to explain (or plead) their desperate request.

Alright, I've had this concept in my head for a while now, and it isn't going to leave unless I attempt it.

If it wasn't obvious from the description, you folks will be the "heroes" dragged in from all across the multiverse in order to defend the plane of Khalamir from the infectious swarm that is the Legion. Beyond this, none of you know anything about the plane of Khalamir, and so I hope to explore the plane further as the game goes on.

You are all 20th level characters, each with access to 500,000 GP worth of materials and equipment.

For this game, magic items will be priced as such :
  • Common : 1,000 GP
  • Uncommon : 10,000 GP
  • Rare : 50,000 GP
  • Very Rare : 100,000 GP
  • Legendary : 500,000 GP
And yes, Unearthed Arcana and Homebrew are permitted (on approval by me, of course). Understand however that this also means that the enemies you will be facing in the Legion will have the potential to involve Unearthed Arcana and Homebrew, though I'll always try to keep things balanced.

Beyond this, the Party will have a week of prep time to gather their resources, assemble allies, and face off against the encroaching Legion, all with the ultimate goal of protecting the artifact in the Celestine Tower.

ohhhh that sounds so COOL! (do i have plans, hell yeah. are they evil >:}) so... sign me up!

and... now to come up with a good idea... i probably cant be my communist pally again.... oy.

Oh! i got it! I'll be the human who gets brought over, AS THEIR DND CHARICTAR. hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
A couple of quick questions:

Is this a PbP game or something you wish to do on Discord?

How will attributes be determined? Point buy, die roll, or fixed array?

Any class or race that are disallowed?

A couple of quick questions:

Is this a PbP game or something you wish to do on Discord?

How will attributes be determined? Point buy, die roll, or fixed array?

Any class or race that are disallowed?
PbP is what I'd be most comfortable with.

Point buy would be best.

No disallowed official race or class. Depends for homebrew.

I've never had a character hit 20th level before. . . .

I don't know what to do with that many levels. But I'm willing to find out!

A 20th level campaign? Oh, the things that I could do with this.

Are you still looking for players? If so, I'm very interested!

I have about 5 years of experience and just finished a campaign, so I'm looking for something to go in the slot.

Why not? If there's space, lmk!
...oof it's been so long since i was a player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back