• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐€๐’๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐”๐’ (๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ).

idiot

๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.
THE LAST OF US
a heavily-inspired 'the last of us' roleplay that focuses on the human psyche.
SCROLL FOR INFO โ‡ฉ
PLOT
It all began in 2013, a type of fungus known as the 'Cordyceps Brain Infection' which seemingly only infected ants, mutated in South American crops, and proceeded to infect the first human. It only took a few months for the infection to rapidly spread throughout the globe, infecting over 60% of the world's population.

22 years have passed since the old world came to an abrupt end, yet mankind is still fighting back, adapting, and surviving in the harsh, new world. The United States turned into a police state under the control of homeland security and the military. After martial law was declared, Quarantine Zones were set up by the Federal Disaster Response Agency (FEDRA) and the military to protect the remaining uninfected population of the United States by separating them from the infected.

Over time, most of these zones fell to the infection, local uprisings by the inhabitants, or were simply abandoned after running out of supplies. At least a few remain operational, with the authorities still in control. In other cases, Quarantine Zones have been converted into bases by groups such as the Fireflies, Washington Liberation Front (WLF), and Hunters.

The journey for our characters is set in the post-apocalyptic Seattle which has succumbed to mother nature, giving a whole new meaning to 'concrete jungle'. The city is a constant warzone between two prominent groups: the WLF, a thriving militia group that caused FEDRA to withdraw in Seattle, and the Seraphites, a primitivist cult who worship a new god. Combined with the threat of the infected, Seattle is a dangerous and neverending struggle to survive in.

A new hope has arisen in the form of a supposed safe-haven on the outskirts of Seattle, a settlement that is run and governed by citizens, who not only want to survive but to live. For one reason or another, your character has decided to investigate the legitimacy of the rumors and broadcasts.

Upon arrival, the settlement is beyond disarray and seemingly abandoned. Evidently, it appeared too good to be true. However, your character wasn't the only one to follow hope and the longing for a better life. In the abandoned settlement stood others, all from different paths of life having converged to find a note that detailed a new flicker of hope: Santa Barbra.

RULES
NO.1 This is an advanced-lit roleplay, but I do want a more relaxed posting length to allow for character interaction and a faster pace. Therefore, I require you post at least once a week, preferably more.
NO.2 While the roleplay is heavily inspired by TLOU, I don't want any canon characters, only OCs, please! That includes the mention of canon characters. Therefore, you don't have to have played the games, just do a little bit of background reading.
NO.3 The world of TLOU is gritty, violent, and distressing, so for my ease and others, I would prefer all writers to be over the age of 18!
NO.4 All standard forum rules apply, so I will not tolerate any bullying, belittling, and harassment of other players.
NO.5 This is not first-come, first-served, and will be based on an application basis. I want to keep the group relatively small so probably around 6 to 8 players will be accepted.
NO.6 More details will be available for character apps once interest in garnered but several characters will be allowed and can be introduced later throughout the roleplay.
MISC
Hello everyone! I just finished TLOU: Part II and was inspired to find a group of talented writers to contribute to crafting a roleplay centred around the world of TLOU. This means you merely aren't a player, but encouraged to build on the world, story and characters. I want it to be a colloborative experience so it takes the stress off me doing everything hehe.

Basically my idea is a road trip across the U.S with a rag-tag band of survivors from all walks of life (i.e., different groups, backgrounds, ethnicities, and so on). While there will be action, gore, and death, it will also focus on the relationships and hardships of the characters themselves.

This is just an interest check, so please express your interest if you're interested in the concept!

ยฉ pasta

Last edited:
ofc im interested ๐Ÿคช

incoherent feral yelling

I love the Last of Us Remastered. I haven't bought the 2nd game yet but have the first one. I'd be interested in doing this. Maybe as a former member of the cannibal group from The Last of Us Remastered that potentially has to deal with either having a young child or being pregnant and having to deal, not only with the journey but the infected and the overall world.

yay! loving the interest so far! and no need to have played the second game, all Iโ€™ll be using is the basics of the main group ideologies, and the setting of Seattle! no mentions of canon characters or pivotal events will be discussed!

will wait for a few more people to throw their hat in the ring before I start an OOC chat and character apps!

Thank god...we don't have to hear about ellie being immune or joe's potential selfishness in saving ellie. In that case, if I go with my idea, I may just say David is still alive or his second...will have to look up the guy.

Thank god...we don't have to hear about ellie being immune or joe's potential selfishness in saving ellie. In that case, if I go with my idea, I may just say David is still alive or his second...will have to look up the guy.
well to keep it spoiler-free Iโ€™m thinking even characters from the first one donโ€™t exist, which gives us the opportunity to create new villains for these groups!

still looking for a few more people to express interest before I go ahead and make the character apps page!

i haven't done a group roleplay in a while, so i'll express my interest. group roleplays make me kind of nervous, but i'll try my best!

sweet! Iโ€™ll get to work on the character app and ooc chat when I get home!

also fyi, once the main group is decided upon discord will be used for planning, chatter and such! I hope that is okay with everyone, and the main thread will remain on RPN.

call me interested!! Seattle is my second home and I know it like the back of my hand, so seeing that even for the intro is amazeee

I havenโ€™t played either of the games, but Iโ€™m definitely willing to do some research if need be. Interested!

Got my girl started, decided to give her ties (through mother) to the fireflies (the only other interesting group I liked in the first game besides the cannibals).

lil' bump
still accepting obviously! feel free to have a read and get a character together if you're interested!

another bump! still heaps of time to make a character!

Slowly working on my biography and got to figure out something for the personality besides the traits plus a name. If her being good at horseback riding is strange, I figure it's because her father would have encouraged her to end up getting back on the horse and not be afraid of them. I didn't want to make her too skilled, hope that is okay.

Slowly working on my biography and got to figure out something for the personality besides the traits plus a name. If her being good at horseback riding is strange, I figure it's because her father would have encouraged her to end up getting back on the horse and not be afraid of them. I didn't want to make her too skilled, hope that is okay.

no issue at all! she doesnโ€™t seem โ€œoverpoweredโ€ or anything! exciting to see the final cs, reminds me I need to get started on mine actually just been so busy!

Oh that is good! I'm glad you like her and that she doesn't seem overpowered. Looking forward to seeing the other characters and will probably follow along, even if my character is not chosen, just to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread