• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Last Judgement

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][div class="imageBorder"]
7280ebc4602614a506ea8bb133df8393.jpg
ddac0c7dc3e43217f48aeae9a967eb9d.gif
0efc8d062f0b9bd9734ebccbba6232f4.jpg
[/div][/div]
[div class=statusText]Location: Mansion
Tags: Sad Boi 2 BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
Mentions: Grigs Gang | Penny
BGM: Do You Remember [/div]
[div class=statusText][/div][/div][div class=title]Rhys Contiello[/div][div class=text]
He heard the front door crack open again. A blast of chilled air mingled with the warmth from the fire place. He didn't bother trying to hide the way he craned his neck to look towards the front door. Grigs strode in, wary, looking around as if the mansion were some sort of volatile enemy that could not be trusted. Then he saw Darius and made a mental point of going to talk to him at some point, with all that happened in the police station he hadn't had much time to interact with the Grigs Gang.

Strands of darkened sunlight caught his attention and his eyes snapped to the third figure that made his way inside. His icy cerulean gaze locked onto endless indigo, rising from his seat before his brain could even catch up to the action. Penny had just finished with his shoulder and he appreciated that he could finally move it without feeling a spike of pain. Long legs carried him across the sitting area, moving like a man on a mission with worry drawing his face into a bit of a scowl. Rhys marched up to the slightly shorter blond, subconsciously shuttering against the frigid wind that smacked against his bare chest. It occurred to him that throwing his shirt on before he had stormed over here probably would have been smarter, the clothing in question still gripped in his hand, but it didn't seem to matter much. He had been too worried to care.

Without saying anything, he grabbed Nik's shoulder a bit roughly and pulled the blond to him. Both arms crushing the other's body against his own. Rhys rested his chin on Nik's shoulder, lips grazing his neck as he spoke, "You worried me." The words were barely audible; a whisper under his breath. Rhys stayed still for a while as if scared that he would disappear if he let go. His fingers curled into his coat, relaxing ever so slightly into the warmth of his body.

The whole group could see them.

Rhys didn't give a fuck.

If anyone mentioned it later he might turn into a blushing mess, but in this moment all that mattered was the man entrapped in his embrace. He pulled back, gaze soft as he searched his face.
This feeling was peculiar; it stretched throughout his whole body. Overwhelming, yet made him feel a sense of completion that he couldn't understand. It had no bound nor length nor depth; it was just absolute. As though he was in the center of a dangerous fire, yet completely safe. Peaceful. His heart was dancing around in his chest; and bounced about the gaping hole that had slowly started to heal.

It’s strange – frightening even – he didn't know how they could go from being total strangers to becoming...whatever this blossoming feeling was.
The pessimistic side of him was waiting for the other shoe to drop. To have his already fragile heart smashed into a thousand bloody pieces.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was lower, warm, intimate even as he stared at the afflicted. Rhys let him go, waiting for his reply before he slipped his shirt back on over his head. He crossed his arms over his chest to keep himself from pulling him back into another hug. Rhys shifted his weight, from one leg to the other. His lips parted, prepared to say something before he closed his mouth as if deciding against it. He looked a little uncomfortable just then, wanting to soothe him with words of grandeur and flowered actions but that just....wasn't Rhys. He was a closeted romantic --not that he would admit it-- and when put on the spot he sort of floundered. He wasn't as smooth as he wished he could be at times. And sharing his emotions wasn't something he was always good at. Rhys continued to shift his weight, now looking at the ground as if the carpet could whisper the secrets of romance.

"If you....need someone to lean on, I'm always here."

He winced a little at his presentation, knowing that it probably sounded more desperate than he would have liked. Rhys worried his bottom lip, removing one arm from where it crossed in front of his chest to rub the back of his neck.

"I mean, you don't have to..." he cleared his throat to disguise the slight crack in his voice, "Your uh, best friend is always here too. She seems a little nicer than me, I might just slap you really hard and hope that does something."

He smiled a little, something cheeky and a bit foreign, an expression that looked like something Nik wore a lot but it was still Rhys's in an entirely new way. The ex-detective gestured to the living room. "It's warmer in there..." He didn't know where he was going with that, but he was attempting to find an excuse to put a halt to his almost nervous rambling. Without a word, he held out the cigarette that had barely been smoked. It was still clutched in his freehand and had somehow survived the hug. He figured that Nik might need it more than him.

"I've got another pack you're welcome to. And a jar of peanut butter with our names on it." He mused, half turning as if to lead the way back into the sitting room.

[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#213c60; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #b5b7b7; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:2px dotted rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:2px dotted rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:2px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: ##2a4047; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px solid white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

[class=biggie] width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; display:flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; height: 100%; [/class] [class=whut]background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #7fa8aa 2%, #d3e3c0 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #7fa8aa 2%, #d3e3c0 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #7fa8aa 2%, #d3e3c0 100%); padding:20px; [/class] [class=handsomedevil] border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; background: #fff; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; padding:10px; color: #162e70; font-weight:800; flex: 1; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa; font-size:12px; [/class] [class=speaks] -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #7fa8aa; font-size:12px; ;padding:3%; text-align: left; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; flex: 1; flex-basis: 30%; margin-left: 40px; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speakeasy]border: solid 5px #f7f7f7; letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: center; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; background: #fff;[/class] [class=speakeasy2] letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: LEFT; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px;[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; flex-direction: column;[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; margin-top:20px[/class] [class name=bye maxWidth="800px"]display:none[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=handsomedevil] [div class=speakeasy]"To go wrong in one`s own way is better than to go right in someone else's." [/div]
c35cb6bb91b0e1a586705fd62a8bfa3c.jpg
𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
[div class=speakeasy2]LOCATION — Mansion from Heaven...or Hell.
OOC — i just spent 900 years looking for more pictures and i swear to god pinterest is not helpful. flower-face rhys tryinya b smooth boy but ayy lol
TAGS — Angel Boy Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater
BGMYOUNG GALAXY - PRETTY BOY [/div]

b88e230377b6bc8a735aa26029707869.jpg
[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.” [/div][/div][div class=speaks]Nik had been expecting a welcome, but not something this tender. Rhys had stalked over like a man on a mission, as the blond had been eyeing the immaculate interior with a bit of skepticism. He found himself wrapped in an embrace, face turned against the other man's chest to smell the sage and rose water, and all the things that made this man he barely knew feel just like home.

It was like being tethered, this strong hold, as if reluctant to let him go. Nik closed his eyes and made a pleasant sound, and gathered his arms around the other man to cling to him possibly tighter than he was currently being borderline smothered. His skin stung, because around the blessed, he knew it played off of his greater demons in a way the sick affliction didn't exactly like. But he enjoyed it, the blackened gunk mucking up his works would need to get over it at some point.

"You worried me." Rhys said into his skin. Nik chuckled, low in his chest, and thought about what to say, but nothing very catty was coming to mind, just some nice truths and things that were a bit too raw and real to say, at the moment. Seeing as they hadn't known each other for very long. Nor did they even know much about each other. But this pull was here, it was real and it was something, and he was wholly accepting. Because they could die tomorrow, and not taking the risk and betting on this to grow into something even greater would mean he was quite a fool.

And Nik, while stupid in many ways, was no fool.

"You worry too much, I'm not going anywhere," he said through a smile, holding even tighter if that was humanly possible. He was fine to stay right here, to be held and to hold, because fundamentally that was what he needed as a person. Whether he was panicked or not, protesting or not, running far away to deal with his bullshit on his own or not, this was what helped him heal and made him feel safe, and staying just like this, just like this, was fine for him.

Then Rhys pulled away to search the blond's face, who smiled back, a bit sheepishly. Embarrassed not about being close to the other man, but about freaking out like a prima donna and having to take a moment to unscramble his brain. Grigori had been a godsend in this and Nik was unsure he knew it, but he'd need to find a gift for the man as well.
"Are you okay?"
"I...just get caught in the past sometimes. I'm..." Nik made a sound, trying to find the words and not quite sure how to phrase it all. That was what bothered him. He didn't have much shame or decorum for anything else. It was a plain, stark fact that he could be nude as the day he was born and strolling around without any concern for his surroundings. He could very specifically engage in public displays of affection bordering on the improper and wouldn't care. He could demolish an entire jar of peanut butter without a spoon, no fucks given.

But admitting that he had baggage that he knew, now, he hadn't accurately dealt with, was what bothered and embarrassed him.

"I get stuck back there, even if I'm not remembering it, and it feels like I'm there again. I didn't think Pennysworth was alive, and it just...picked me up and put me back, to feel like when I lost them all," Nik looked at the ground and tried to stop himself from speaking on, but the words just came out.
"I had...a lovable stupid oaf, a breathtaking fiance, a catty valley girl, a tiny artist-in-training, and...Penny. People you can't just erase. They stick," Nik met Penny's gaze as he stepped back, hands still on Rhys' arms, trailing down as he pulled away to put on his shirt.

"So the feeling sticks. When they leave." He was trying to make it simple, but he was failing at it, and thought the words sounded stupid. They probably were.

Penny had been there, and she was one of the ones that stuck. In their moments of taking care of each other when drunk, mostly the blond puking like a basic bitch and Penny doing her job off the clock to keep him alive with his head in a toilet, they had created a tapestry that could never be overwritten. Just expanded upon. His deep blue gaze flickered when he caught her eye, and he gave her a small smile.

New stories woven, new lives known, more beauty across the canvas and through the weave, strands of time had nothing on human experience.

"If you....need someone to lean on, I'm always here." Now Rhys was eyeing the carpet and shifting his weight, arms crossed again. Nik cracked a stupid grin at this, because it was like last time when the detective had flung out of the locker room like a bat out of hell.

"I mean, you don't have to..." Nik very nearly rolled his eyes at this, "Your uh, best friend is always here too. She seems a little nicer than me, I might just slap you really hard and hope that does something."

"Slapping me really hard will definitely do something," Nik said with a grin so wicked it could've been formed by Satan himself.

"It's warmer in there..." The blond stood there, crossed his arms, and marveled at this attempt to steer this somewhere else, because it was making the detective uncomfortable. And for whatever reason, he loved to see this man try to smooth his way through their interactions, and leave all the more bashful and awkward for it anyways.

Rhys handed him a cigarette and Nik beamed like the fire of a billion suns. He kept losing them in the snow, over and over again, and it was pissing him off.
"How thoughtful, prince charming," he teased, but he meant every single word of it. He took the cigarette, fidgeted for his clear blue lighter, struck it, and inhaled. Orange-yellow danced over his features, and his gaze turned to examine Rhys and his warbling attempts at directing him.

Nik was smitten.

"I've got another pack you're welcome to. And a jar of peanut butter with our names on it."
"You're very kind, detective," he said, walking after the other man. Nik managed to wield his coat off of his body, because it was still damp and the warmth of the fire did best without it, and flung it somewhere at random. The room was impossibly spacious, the firelight in the fireplace warming and flecking like smears of crimson, yellow ochre and orange rind across the room. It crackled, like the comforting way fires do, talking to the air, coaxing the heat.

"I have something with your name on it too, here. It's...sort of fuckin' stupid, but...you need it," Nik rifled through the pocket of his joggers, cigarette lodged between his teeth, and pulled out the larimar worry stone he had been holding for what felt like nine thousand years. He held it up, the foggy sky blue stone glinting in the light.

"For when you worry too much..." Nik placed it in Rhys' palm and closed his hands over the stone, both clasping, as if passing over a promise, something that had to be given. He had meant to give it to him earlier, as he'd been afraid the sickness inside of him, this bastard affliction, would've caught up to him sooner rather than later. Thanks to Adisa, that was no longer the case, but a gift is a gift.

Nik pulled back and inhaled quite possibly three fourths of his cigarette. He had had rotten luck with them lately and wasn't going to waste this or let it get swept up by the snow or a fucking specter.

"...and I'm not there to hold onto." A glint caught his deep blue gaze, and the blond found himself seated, and trying to rifle through Rhys' things to actually, yes, get at that peanut butter. He twisted the jar open and then twisted his body to snag his bag, which had magically made its way into the mansion, and released his spoon. Spoon in peanut butter, he presented it to Rhys. Apparently, he was fucking crazy about this shit.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][div class="imageBorder"]
7280ebc4602614a506ea8bb133df8393.jpg
ddac0c7dc3e43217f48aeae9a967eb9d.gif
4f581d288cac01a9bffe4539fb346601.jpg
[/div][/div]
[div class=statusText]Location: Mansion
Tags: Sad Boi 2 BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
OOC: Tooth rotting fluff, I wish I was sorry but I'm not. calm before the storm
BGM: I'm all out of love [/div]
[div class=statusText][/div][/div][div class=title]Rhys Contiello[/div][div class=text]
"I have something with your name on it too, here. It's...sort of fuckin' stupid, but...you need it,"
Rhys turned on his heel, his eyebrows rose impossibly high as the words processed. He glanced towards the coat Nik had haphazardly thrown across the floor, tempted to say something but deciding against it. Hanging up coats didn't matter much anymore and he beat down the years of rigorous, mildly passive aggressive, childhood teachings on manners. This place reminded him of his parents house, the stuffy interior was the same and the place oozed money. The apartments he lived in after he left were nowhere near as lavish, but the last place he had called home had been much better than the rest.

He'd be lying if he said he missed that place.

Azure orbs flickered to the object Nik pulled from his pocket and he blinked for a moment, confused as to what it was.
"For when you worry too much..."
Rhys looked up at the man standing opposite of him, getting lost in those deep blue irises.
"...and I'm not there to hold onto."

There was a thickness in his throat, one that threatened to choke him up. He made a little noise subconsciously, something like a smothered whine that wasn't really sad at all. He looked down at the tiny stone in the center of his palm, his thumb running against the smooth center. It was such a light blue with swirling pockets of white that he instantly thought of the sky on a summer's day. It was beautiful and a bit ironic for him to receive such a gift. He knew everyone here could take care of themselves --they wouldn't have survived otherwise-- but he felt responsible. They all looked to him. He didn't know why, didn't ask for the responsibility, but that airport and these people hadn't given him the choice. He took charge. Got them out alive and they continued to follow. As tacky as it may have seemed to Nik, that stupid little stone meant the world to him.

When Rhys looked back up, Nik was rummaging through his bags and Rhys couldn't help but stare. God this was bad. He was so helpless. He could hear every thump of his heart in his head, noting as the organ pumped faster the longer he watched. The blond came away with the peanut butter jar and Rhys let out a soft chuckle. That damn thing would haunt him for the rest of his days. He slipped his hand into the pocket of his joggers, thumb brushing against the stone with more affection than worry. A part of him wanted to go exploring, but he also just felt a tiredness that was bone deep.

It was like all those sleepless nights were catching up to him. There was a piano in the far room and for half a second he could almost hear his grandmother's chiding remarks. She tried so desperately to teach him, but he just didn't have the interest or the attention span to sit there for hours and press ivory keys. It brought a slight smile to his lips, distracting him from the present for a second. He didn't see Nik move, but when he looked back the man had situated himself on the carpet; his long legs crossed in front of him, jar of heaven sitting in his lap, and a silver spoon that had seen better days held out in his direction. Rhys walked over, leaning down to press a soft and quick kiss to his temple before sitting down next to him. "Thank you..."

He flashed him a bright smile, letting the moment linger a little longer. Then out of nowhere he leaned forward and took the spoon into his mouth, not even bothering to take it himself. Rhys smirked a little at Nik, swallowing the peanut butter in one go. He could eat jars of the stuff.
The fire cast heat across their backs and it was all very cozy and reminiscent. He wouldn't deny that it was a bit off for this place to be such a paradise, but he wanted to just enjoy this moment. He was happy and he didn't want that emotion soured overthinking the tiniest of details.
Nevertheless his mind still whirled, asking questions that he didn't want the answers to. He wished his brain would just shut up for once. Not everything needed to be analyzed like a crime scene....Monica had said that to him once. A harsh breath of air flew past his lips, remembering that fight in near vivid detail for a moment before pushing it away.

"I grew up in a house like this." He grabbed the spoon from Nik after he had taken a bite, deciding to distract the foreboding feeling by thinking on some happier thoughts. Like peanut butter.
"My Grandfather and I would sit in the parlor and eat peanut butter after dinner...well, I would eat the peanut butter and he would tell me stories of Sicily." Rhys passed the spoon back, chuckling a little and looking over at Nik. "Nipote, you eat too much of that junk and you'll never grow tall. You'll be short like you're father." Rhys snorted, feeling like his mimicry of his grandfather was lacking but it wasn't like Nik would know the difference. A sly smile curved across his lips as he stuck the spoon back in his mouth.
"Obviously, that didn't happen. My mother used to hate it, she never understood Peanut Butter Sundays."
He lifted his shoulders in a bit of a shrug, looking back at the blond beside him. It felt...nice to share a bit of that with him. Even if it was mainly just a good memory, it built something warm in his gut to think that even though the world had ended he could share the idea of Peanut Butter Sundays with someone he cared about.
⊰~❇~⊱​
[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#213c60; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #b5b7b7; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:2px dotted rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:2px dotted rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:2px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: ##2a4047; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px solid white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Last edited:
tumblr_oxqru8ktPe1tjhwyao1_540.gif

penelope vale & woofus

44558291304_f00bd64a22.jpg
german-shepherd-dog-tumblr-2.jpg

Interaction
RUNGODDAMMITRUNGODDAMIT
Music/Mood
Suspiria Soundtrack
OOC
AND IT BEGINS. PART ONE.
HOUSE OF HORRORS

Darkness descended like a lace curtain over Penny’s eyes. She didn’t remember falling asleep, but the lulling dance of the fire was intoxicating enough that her gaze had begun to drift. But she could never quite recall the moment her consciousness ascended into wherever sleep beckoned to… but the darkness that consumed felt more she had descended. It was like a snap when reality came back.

Blue. The walls were blue, and the couch was blue and the skin on Penny’s hand was blue. She looked around, shaking her head to disrupt the fog that obscured everything in a barely-there haze. It was like she was drunk. A blue gel covered every light, including the sun. She stood up slowly, spinning in circles and slowly drinking in her surroundings. There was nobody.

Hello?” The fire was out. Spots were people had been sitting were empty. “Anybody? Nik?” There was a cold chill that rested over the fog of the house. Penny put one hand to her head, utterly confused what had happened and where everyone had gone. It made her nearly faint, or nauseous. The swelling in her body was unbelievably painful. She had to leave the house.

Penny stumbled past the couch, gripping walls and objects for security. A pot knocked over, sending pottery pieces and dirt everywhere. She yelped out, jumping back, and that’s when she noticed the footprints.

Bloody, red footprints. Almost like gelatin in shine. Penny gasped aloud, bracing herself against the wall. What did I miss? What happened? Where is everyone?

Unnerved, she peeled off and noticed where the footprints led. Straight ahead and out the front door. Overcome by curiosity, and little else to do, she went ahead and followed them.

Penny followed the footprints diligently, her mind wandering back to try and put pieces together. However, once she went through the threshold, her thoughts began to fade. They didn’t entirely disappear so much as escape her. Out the door she went and saw that ahead of her lay a purple shrouded maze. The spotlight of blue from before clicked and was replaced with a nefarious violet haze. The deepest shadows were blood red. She paid no attention and rather, was transfixed with the bloody breadcrumbs.

The driveway was gone and so were the cars from before. Who’s cars? Slowly, the events of the day began to unravel like a piece of thread in a tapestry. When she fought to recall interactions that had just happened… they floated away altogether. She didn’t recognize it either—simply attributed it to bad memory, or a deep sleep. You have to remember how you got here. You were walking down the… somewhere, and then it got cold. Then you were…saved? But why were you in need of saving? Was something wrong? Why was I…never mind. I can’t quite recall… but I guess it didn’t matter anyway.

Slowly, and as she followed the footprints, two years began to evaporate from Penny’s mind. Clueless, she continued to follow. The maze curled and diverted, leading the blonde woman on a promenade. The worries from her mind slipped away, and before Penny knew it, she had arrived at a clearing. The feet led here as it seemed. Stone walls encircled a fairly domestic home. Peeling paint, broken shutters and grey shingles on the roof. Seeing the pathway to the home, Penny was filled with a sudden sense of familiarity. She broke out into a small smile.

The home was old, but it was rustic. It had belonged to her grandmother’s family, back in the day. The old lady had been living there for years in some attempt to avoid the spotlight her son’s family shined on the Vale name. Penny had taken an immediate shining to the place, entranced by its old-world appeal, and how diverted it was from the modern world. While their mansion had been outfitted with top security measures and whatever the market called for, this quaint home was nearly retro in its simplicity.

She always loved coming home to it. Bag on her shoulder and knees aching from work, Penny strode along the path and smiled up at the lone light on the second floor. She advanced up the steps, hopping along.

The footsteps followed up the steps onto the rickety porch, faded with age and sun. Penny mimed holding the bag on her shoulder without a thought, falling in sudden line with the bloody footprints. Her smile was chipper, no longer in the state of perplexity as it had been a moment ago. She was playing her part.

“Grandma! I’m—”

Home.” Penny said, stepping into the residence. The purple overlay on the house flickered in and out of existence. Part of her mind saw it in proper color, with proper lighting. The home was well furnished and cozy. With a click it was back to the purple, and it was empty and abandoned. Broken glass and bloody feet and hands everywhere.

There was a—

Scream. Penny, perturbed, dropped her bag and advanced up the stairs. She skipped two at a time, gripping the railing tightly. “Gra—”

—ndma?” Penny asked to nobody, the flickering between reality and hazy dream increasing in speed. It was almost like a strobe light at this point. Dark, light, dark, light. Here, there, here, there. She turned a corner, her foot falling on one of the bloody steps. She advanced through the house to her grandmother’s room, the one lone light in the house. Her hand gripped the doorknob and she twisted—

Seeing the bloody body on the floor. Writhing. Moaning. Bleeding.

Here, there, here, there.

"Gram, oh my god. Gram, are you okay what happened?!" Penny collapsed to her knees beside the bleeding, older woman. Her hands probed and guessed the deepness of the slices to woman's abdomen and chest. There was blood everywhere.

Nowhere. No blood. Something old and forgotten perhaps, but in between the flickering, her grandma showed her true form. A corpse. Something preserved in ice and left to defrost, with taut skin and oozing pores. Penny gripped it tightly.

Gram shook her head, a trickle of blood streaming from her mouth. She tried to push away her granddaughter's hands, but Penny glared and continued her checking. "I'm going to grab some supplies just don't move--"

"I...I'm not going to make it... Penelope. Please, don't waste... your time." The older woman said through ragged breaths of blood. Penny stared incredulously.

Here, there, here there. Dark, light, dark, light.

"You're joking, right? Gram, why the heck are you talking like this? Just give me a second--" The older woman stopped her as she grabbed Penny's blood-stained hand roughly. Tears began to spill from Penny's eyes. She felt like a child again, like she was doing something wrong. "I...I don't understand."

"You need to leave. You aren't safe. Viv..." The woman took a shallow breath, wheezing through the blood. Penny choked on a burst of tears, pressing her other bloody hand to her mouth. "...Viv... isn't herself. Leave, Penny. Before she gets you too."

Penny was kneeling by the skeleton, smeared in blood and age. Eyeballs just barely there sunk into the corpse’s skull, glossed over with blindness. Penny stood up slowly, her breath coming out in ragged clumps of air. Something’s meaty fist was clenched around her heart and squeezing it quickly. In the gaps of her vision, Penny saw her bleeding grandmother reach out a hand and point to the closet behind her.

Don’t turn back. Just run.

There was a thump from behind. Something sick, and wet hitting the ground. A low growl sounded, deep enough to crawl beneath Penny’s skin and dig it’s meaty claws into her bones. The bloody corpse, eyes now full of life continued to point at the closet. The mouth of the skeleton opened wide, wider and wider until it looked as if it would snap.

RUNGODDAMMITRUNGODDAMMIT!

Penny took off without even thinking, a scream ripping out of her chest as the sound of her grandmother’s hoarse screaming echoed through the house. More banging sounded from behind Penny, each thump like the weight of an axe hitting the chopping block. Heads were rolling.

Penny flew down the stairs, her steps aligning once more with the bloody footprints.

She realized in a haste that she was covered in the blood, and it began to stick. Sweet, sticking, metallic weighted. A cheap piece of jewelry, melting between her fingers.

She realized in a haste that she was covered in the blood, and it began to stick. Sweet, sticking, metallic weighted. A cheap piece of jewelry, melting between her fingers.

Penny went out the door without a second look.

Penny went out the door without a second look.

She blasted out of the home, devilish laughter coming from behind. A chorus of laughs echoed in her ears as she ran. Penny put two hands to her had to block it out. Animals began to scream, dogs and cats and goats. She screamed back, diving into the maze.

She had to run. It was all she knew. She was running, and she knew that there was one reason why.

Her sister had come back, seemingly from the dead, and she had killed their grandmother. Now, she was after Penny.

The maze twisted and turned, but never ended. She followed the footprints, but they circled the maze. There was no way out, but Penny didn’t know. Penny didn’t care.

Penny had to run. That was all she knew.

penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
Woofus
Music/Mood
Phenomena Soundtrack
OOC
PART TWO.
HOUSE OF HORRORS

Each footfall on the frozen ground was like a weighted ball hitting the ground. For some reason for another, Penny felt no strain on her muscles; no pain in her limbs from the excessive running. Her body did not tire, but her heart was beating fast. That was from fear.

Each time she rounded a corner, the same roller-coaster of emotions ran through her. Fear was the driver, but it was accentuated by horror and terror. She had to keep running, as far as she knew. Stopping meant that Viv would catch up with her, and she would kill her. Penny didn’t want to die. Her grandmother told her to run, and so she did.

Each footfall on the frozen ground was like a weighted ball hitting the ground. For some reason for another, Penny felt no strain on her muscles; no pain in her limbs from the excessive running. Her body did not tire, but her heart was beating fast. That was from fear.

Each time she rounded a corner, the same roller-coaster of emotions ran through her. Fear was the driver, but it was accentuated by horror and terror. She had to keep running, as far as she knew. Stopping meant that Viv would catch up with her, and she would kill her. Penny didn’t want to die. Her grandmother told her to run, and so she did.

Woof!

Each footfall—

Woof!

The same roller-coaster—

Woof! Woof!

No pain—

Woof!

This time, when she rounded the corner, she saw a gap in the wall. Frowning, Penny advanced on it and peeked around the edge.

From within, there was an enclosure of gnarled vines and ivy on the stone walls. In the center o the clearing there was a gigantic, stone angel statue. The angel was perched with one arm high in the air, holding a giant sword parallel to the ground. The angel had long hair, a determined expression, and a flowing robe of silks. The other hand was clenched at her side, bent slightly at the elbow. At the foot of the giant statue was a dog, a German Shepard. It barked wildly, with a deep woof! Penny furrowed her brow at the sight, watching the dog plant itself and bark at the statue.

Slowly, Penny noticed that something was seeping from the angel. Something red, trickling in streams from the statue’s eyes. Blood?

The blood began to pour more heavily, streaming down the angel’s face and dotting it’s robe. The raised arm cracked, and with the sound of grinding stone, began to move. The limbs flexed and snapped, restoring motion. The angel’s upturned face began to point down, straight at the dog. The dog barks at the statue more, hopping about.

The angel took one step off the pedestal.

Overcome with emotion, and a desire to protect the dog, Penny shouted. “Hey!

The angel’s head snapped to her direction, emotionless eyes still seeping blood. The dog looked over too.

No! Run!” A voice shouted. Penny wasn’t sure where it came from, or who said it, but the dog took off right next to her. Penny was frozen, staring at the bleeding statue. The angel began to creep toward Penny, head cracking and twisting as it stared her down. It was over ten feet tall, the closer it got to her. Penny stared up, her hands twitching and her mouth gaping as the angel suddenly stood in front of her.

The blood dribbled on the ground as the angel suddenly looked down at Penny. Then, with a quick motion, it sliced out with the giant sword, aiming for her head.

No!” The same voice from before shouted, and Penny had the wind suddenly knocked out of her as an object crashed into her body. The two tumbled to the ground, and Penny smacked her head roughly against the frozen dirt. Her gaze rolled, spinning for a few seconds before it focused on the purple sky above them. She looked back down and locked eyes with the dog.

God, are you actually trying to die here? I told you to run, and I meant run goddammit, not stand there like a fucking fool.” The dog barked at her, perfectly enunciated and with blisteringly angry eyes. Penny’s mouth hung open and like a dead fish began to pop open and closed. She blinked at the dog, who had turned around to stare down the angel. The angel had been stuck in mid-swing and was now slowly cracking to regain its posture and head for them. The dog looked back to Penny, placing a paw roughly on her knee.

If we had time for you to lay there gawking at me like a circus dog, I’d get myself a drink and fucking park it before that statue comes back over here to lop our heads off. We, very clearly, do not have the fucking time! Move it, Penelope!” The dog nudged at her, nipping her thigh with his leg. Penny yelped, flying to her feet and wobbling slightly. The dog barked another command at her, and the two began to head off to an exit at the other end of the clearing.

They plowed straight ahead, and then turned a corner. Penny was still having trouble…processing what the hell had just happened.

Wait, wait…you’re a talking--?

Dog, yes. You know who I am too, you just forgot.” The dog said as they ran through the maze. Penny squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, fighting to remember. It was like the fog had grown particularly thick behind her eyes. Trying to place the shape…the memories…the collision.

Suddenly, it clicked. A piece of the fog evaporated.

Woofus!” She suddenly said, skidding to a halt and throwing herself on the pet. “I can’t believe! I-It’s you! Talking!” She pulled back, blinking lamely. “How the heck are you speaking?

Woofus sighed, as best a dog could (which came out as a strangled growl) and licked her face a few times. “Yeah, yeah, real exciting. Penny, it doesn’t matter how I’m speaking. All you need to know is that none of this is real, and you’re stuck in a dream.

A dream? How could she be dreaming?

Woofus, I’m not dreaming,” she said, climbing to her feet. Penny’s eyes widened, and she took off running again. It was all she knew. “This is real. Viv’s alive and she just killed Gram. I have to keep running or she’ll catch me.” Her brain was foggy except for those facts. She didn’t try to sift through this fog. It was much easier to just keep running.

RUNGODDAMITRUNGODDAMIT

Woofus made his grunt again. “No, this isn’t. Come on Penelope, you’re bright. I know you are. Think really hard… where were you before this?

Penny shook her head, the fog beginning to press onto her vision. “I-I don’t know…I can’t think…I just have to ru—

RUNGODDAMITRUNGODDAMIT

Jesus Christ!” Woofus barked angrily, woofing particularly deeply. “Listen to me god dammit! Think! Think really god damn hard. How did you meet me?

Penny slowed down, her pace decreasing to a jog and then a stumble. She gripped her knees, breathing into her chest. There was a pain growing in her mind as she tried to recall. The fog was sifting through her fingers, but never fading.

RUNGODDAMITRUNGODDAMIT

They turned a corner and saw a pathway lined with angels. All replicates in height and appearance to the first one that they had met.

RUNGODDAMITRUNGODDAMIT

Penny didn’t even focus on them as she dug deep to recall. “You…me… I was… sitting…by the fire. You… were barking… outside. I let you… in. I healed you…” Her head felt like it was going to burst. Penny moaned out loud, stars dancing in her vision.

Stay with me Penny! Fight the fog!”

RUNGODDAMITRUNGOD

It was so hard to fight it. It hurts. She wanted to say.

RUNGODDAMITRU

The angels cracked, facing their heads toward Penny. The blood began to pour. The limbs began to crack.

RUNGODDA

Woofus appeared in front of her. “Penny, you can do this. You’ve been running this whole time…it’s all you know, right?

RUNGO

…Right.” She murmured, the pain increasing. Ringing began to sound in her ears.

RUN

The angel shifted again.

RUN

Right, right. So if you’ve been running this whole time from something… why haven’t you turned around once to see who's there?

The act felt unnatural in phrase, but as soon as Woofus said it did the fog begin to dissipate. The pain alleviated from her head and it dawned on Penny that she hadn’t turned around once to see where Viv might be.

Penny dropped her hands and slowly rose to full posture. Her heart was beating triumphantly in her ears, blocking out most sounds. The angels had stopped moving.

You have to confront it Penny. What are you running from?

Penny turned slowly, completely around.

My sister.”

Her nose touched another, and her eyes locked with bright red ones. Shaped like hers. Framed by eyebrows like hers. But everything was all sorts of wrong. This whole time, Viv had been following her like a leech on the back. She’d been sucking the energy right from her the entire time.

Viv’s mouth curled upward, spilling black ink. She shot a hand up and gripped Penny tightly by the neck, pressing on her vocal chords. Penny choked, eyes going wide as her sister stepped back to survey the prey.

Why didn’t you just listen, Penelope, and keep running?” Her sister cooed through a voice intertwined with something sweet and soft and something low, and gravelly. The discord harmony twisted uncomfortably in Penny’s mind, and she writhed beneath the grip of her sister.

You should have kept running. Just like you always do. Away from your past. Away from your problems…Viv’s grip tightened, and she pushed Penny to one of the walls, slamming the girl against it. Penny choked again, her gaze never leaving the demon’s. “You sacrifice your own life for others because you believe this was all your fault, and that it should have been you. Don’t you? Because it was. It should have been. You let this demon into the house, and you let it kill your own Grandmother. A pity it didn’t kill you too… that would have been a better fate than cursed to wander and lose yourself to the holy monsters above.” Viv chuckled, an awful sound. She pressed Penny tighter, larynx contorting beneath the vice like grip.

You’re weak, Penelope Vale. Beneath the angel’s favor and beneath the martyr… you are weak.

Penny struggled, her hands coming up to wrench beneath the demon’s. “N…No.” She choked out, and the demon cocked its head.

No? Pitiful then, too. This is why you’re alone, you know. You’re alone because you keep running. Running away. Look how you ran from Nik when he needed you, now and back then. He cared about you Penny, like a sister. But you were a selfish girl back then and you couldn’t picture a world where his cock wasn’t between your legs.” The demon laughed, and Penny roared angrily. She glared at the demon, a newfound strength pouring from her veins and digging deep into the demon’s arm. The creature screamed in pain, dropping Penny and recoiling back.

Penny fell to the ground, wheezing as she fought for air. She looked up at the demon and grimaced. “Fuck. You.” Penny scrambled to her feet, head still pounding from the temporary lack of air.

I didn’t leave him. I didn’t leave anyone. I ran…sure, but I didn’t leave anyone. They didn’t own me… nobody owns me. I left for my own sake… and what’s so wrong with that?” She choked out a laugh, coming to her full stance.

I was stupid when I was younger, and I won’t deny that. I made decisions I wouldn’t care for now… but what I do now is not defined by who I was. I am changed. I am their hero. I protect people and I save them and I die for them because I care too god damn much in this careless world. The people deserve someone to look up to. To fall back on.” She bit back tears, standing straight over the cowering demon. She saw herself, and she saw Viv… but she saw a demon at the end.

I am mercy, god dammit. I am compassion. You… you’re the pitiful one. You’re the monster… inside me. I’ve been running from myself, but no more. I take back all the energy I gave you… you’re shit!” Penny raised a hand, suddenly a blade was within her grasp. The sword was parallel to the ground. Her other hand was clenched at her side, but lightly creased at the elbow.

Tears were streaming down her face. The demon gazed up at her in wonder and almost…fear?

But if this was a dream, as Woofus had said… this was all within. Penny didn’t want to dismiss her demons entirely. She wanted to move on. She wanted to exorcise the beast.

I’m freeing myself from this nightmare…inside and out. You’re no longer welcome to haunt me. Try again, maybe harder next time.” Penny dropped the blade and with her other hand caressed the forehead of the demon. A shining light exploded from her hand, consumed completely within the skull of the demon. Light poured from the demon’s eyes and mouth.

She pulled back and the thing toppled to the ground. Turning around again, she was confronted with a door. Without hesitation, Penny gripped the handle and walked through. Her vision brightened, and everything disappeared.

penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
Woofus
Music/Mood
Looking for a way out
OOC
PART THREE finale. Luci's next.
HOUSE OF HORRORS

The door opened, and Penny’s vision was flooded with red. She was worried for a moment, but there was something unnatural about this red. It wasn’t blood red… it was… alive. Yet, strangely synthetic at the same time. Like someone was shining a bright light through a red sheet. She covered her eyes, adjusting to the brightness. Woofus trotted ahead of her.

Penny followed the dog, with nothing else to do. She noticed doors, that almost appeared like windows on both sides. They were intricate, and embossed with intricate designs and pictures surrounding the ‘mirror’ in the center. Through the glass, there was a swirling fog. Staring deeply into one door, Penny thought she could see somebody. It was too ambiguous to tell, whoever, so she kept moving. Door, after door. There were a lot, and her head began to spin. She paused for a moment. “Woofus, just wai—

We don’t really have time Penny. I’m sorry, but we have to keep going.” The dog said, strangely serious. She frowned, running ahead and stopping in front of Woofus. She placed a hand on his forehead, and the dog looked up at her with questionable eyes. Penny narrowed her own eyes.

No way buddy—

Buddy!? My name’s Woofus, god damn you.

—Woofus, sorry. Listen. I need answers. You’ve gotta explain what’s going on here. We can’t go through this together if you know all the answers and I don’t. I’m going to be useless.” The dog cocked his head at her, listening. He looked to one of the doors, contemplated, and then sat down.

He grunted a sigh. “Fine, fine. You’re right. I was getting ahead of myself.

I don’t know a lot, kid, but I know enough to get us out of here and get everyone else out. We’re trapped in this giant nightmare. Prolly ‘cuz of the mansion, but I haven’t really had time to put two and two together. At this rate, I know two things. One, we’re trapped in a giant nightmare and we gotta be the ones to wake people up. Two, they have to wake themselves up. Can’t go solving their problems for them,” Woofus explained, glancing quickly to all the doors. “That enough for ya?

Penny scoffed. “No! Hardly—” Woofus grunted, rolling his eyes. Penny made a noise in response “—I just need a little more clarity. Also, Woofus, why the heck are you so sassy!? I didn’t pick up on that when we met in the real world.” The dog would have shrugged if he had bigger shoulders, so he just kind of flopped his head about.

Pish, yeah, whatever. I’m just like this because I had to save your behind. Again.” He sat up and began to walk forward. Penny frowned, not moving, as she contemplated the weight of the dog’s words. It hurt her a bit how cold this dog was, especially to her. She had really enjoyed meeting Woofus, and Penny adored dogs. Nevertheless, it was unnerving when an animal you worshiped suddenly got annoyed with the fact that they had to save your life. It crushed her dream a bit, and she held herself lightly.

Woofus paused for a moment and then turned over his shoulder. “Listen, kid. We just met. Literally today. I’m grateful that you healed me earlier, and I’m pretty much tied to you for all intents and purposes and that’s something I won’t forget. But… I’ve been through a bit of hell and a half the last two years. I believe in you Penny, but… it’s gonna take me a second to really trust you. I’m sure you can understand.” He looked at her with soulful eyes, and she swallowed, nodding. Woofus woofed happily, tail wagging.

Great! Let’s get a move on then, shall we? I think this one’s next… or whatever. It’s a guessing game at this point. We just have to get everyone out, so we can fight the demon who holds us here: Leraje.” The name had a certain gravitas that made her skin crawl, but Penny nodded regardless. He gestured with his nose toward the door, letting her go first. “Remember. We can assist the wake up, and the realization, but they gotta do it themselves. That’s imperative.

Penny hesitated, hand on the knob. There was a small flame within her, with a burning question. But how could she phrase it? Her mind wandered back to the beginning of this, and how she’d ‘woken’ up still in the mansion. No one was there… when did Woofus show up? How did he show up? She turned to the dog, struggling to find her words. “Woofus, you know all of this. Did you wake yourself up, or did someone save you?

The dog was silent. He didn’t look at her or look away. He just stared at the door.

Woofus, what was your dream?

Nothing. Not even a gaze.

…Just open the door, Penny.

And so, she did, but the burning desire to answer her question continued to cultivate within.

Luci
part 1

Luci's eyes flash open. He quickly adjusts his posture, and sits up right. Where...was he? Luci decides to take a second to scan his surroundings. Luci found himself sitting on a sofa, a quite luxurious one at that. He seemed to be in one of those fancy living rooms rich people lived in. Plush carpeting, extravagant wallpaper, and laminated old hickory furniture. He was alone. All he had was his thoughts, and himself. Of course, Luci's first action was to get up, and explore. However, he couldn't. Some invisible force was holding him down, In that position. This, undoubtedly, worried the absolute shit out of Luci.

Luci had tried everything he could to get out of this involuntary pin. However, the crafty wizard rolled a natural 20, so he wasn't going anywhere. Luci could barely even breath, his chest was being constricted by the unknown force. It was suffocating him. Luci started a cold sweat, and exerted every muscle in his body, he was telling them to move. he was pleading, praying they would move. As his breath was growing weaker, and shallower, his anxiety grew. His eyes widened, his face was starting to turn purple. Then, Luci felt it. A warm trickle flowed down his face. It reached his chin, and ran down his chin. As it reached his chest, he turned his eyes to see what the substance was. It was blood. At first, it was just a single stream, however, this didn't last very long. One drop, two drop, three. More and more blood spilled from his nose. He started feeling cool, even though he had a sweatshirt on, he could taste the metallic tinge of his blood. Luci's vision starting blurring. "N...no.." Luci stutters out. Then, his sight goes black.

"Hey darling, wake up! We're here!" The voice echos. Luci's Dreary eyes soon open to a pleasant sight. A middle aged woman, doesn't look a day over 40. Long, straight black hair pulled into a bun. A pale complexion, with a fair amount of wrinkles. Washed out blue eyes, having lost any splendor they might have once had. "Momma?" The young boy questions. "Where are we?" He follows up. "Oh you silly boy! Did you forget about the spelling bee?" she asks him. "You where the best in your class! You are the smartest fourth grader I know!" She pats Luci's head, rubbing it affectionately. Although she was showing him affection, he still shuddered under her hand. "W-where's Papa? " Luci asks his mother. "He...had to work.." she responds, still smiling. "Oh...okay.." Luci pouts, puffing his cheeks out. As they walk in, they are all greeted by the other children and adults. His teacher, Mrs. Huffington, was a large lady. No, she wasn't plump, nor fat. she was RIPPED. From her mountain-like deltoids, to her child sized calves. She really intimidated Luci. Luci was always on edge when she was around. Mrs. Huffington reminded him of a gorilla. "Ah, Mrs. Hart! Luci will be lining up with the other elementary students!" she boomed. She had a tendency to shout, which freighted the timid Luci. "Come with me, Luciel!" Mrs. Huffington shouts. "Y~yes ma'am.." Luci stammers out. "See you on stage dear!"

"Father. F-A-T-H-E-R. Father." A fifth grader spelt out. "Correct." One of the judges say. The boy goes to sit back down. "Number six, up to the stand." a judge says. Luci Gets up, and shuffles over to the center of the stage. Luci looks back at the boy who was up their previously. He stares back at Luci, with a smug smile. Luci furrows his brow, and turns his head back at the judge. "The word, is Science. Scientists help to make the world a better place." "Science. S-C-I-E-N-C-E. Science. " Luci says. "Correct." The Judge says. Luci looks at the fifth grader, and smiles, and looks down on him. Luci takes his seat, and smirks at him, as his face glows red. After a few eliminations, it was his turn again. "Number nine, please come to the stand." the Judge calls. "The word, measure. John wanted to measure his table" The Judge said. "Measure. M-E-A-S-U-R-E. Measure" No.9 replied. "Correct." the Judge said.

After a while, it was the two. No.9, and Luci. Both of them where sweating, and panting. Luci was not going to lose to this boy without a fight! Luci stared daggers at No. 9. "Correct" OH HECK. Luci walked up to the podium, and ran his tiny fingers through his rough hair. It was down to this.

Last edited:
Luci
Final Part
mentions Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater Rui Rui JustAki JustAki Silent Mimic Silent Mimic

"The word, Thought. The man thought he was cool." the Judge said. "Thought.." Luci shivered a bit. It was his mothers gaze. He could feel the pain on his chest pulsate. "T..H..A-W-T.." Luci quivered. The judge looked at him. "Wrong." The moment the Judge spoke the word, Luci's gut fell. No. 9 stood up triumphantly, while Luci sunk. Luci soon made his way off stage. Luci found his mother near the entrance of the building. She quickly put out her cigarette. "Y-you did good Luciel." Mother said. however, Luci noticed a slight vain pop out of the corner of her forehead. He shivered. "Get in the car." She said. "O-ok..." Luci stammered. After he hoped into the car, she took off.

After they got home, Luci jumped out of the car, and opened the door. He rushed in, and threw his coat off, took his boots off, and hung up his hat. *SMACK* A blinding pain fills Luci. He stumbles forward, smashing his head onto the ground. He covers the back of his head, feeling the slick blood coat his hair. "You dumb ass motherfucking piece of shit!" He hears his mother scream. Tears stream down his face, as Luci scrambles away from his mother. His struggle is in vain, as his mother power walks up to him, and grabs him by his hair. "AHHHH-MPFHH" Luci's attempts to scream are also taken away, as his mother gags him. "SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BITCH, DO YOU WANT THE WHOLE TOWN TO HEAR YOU!?!" She screams. Everything was swirling, going in circles. Everything was starting to turn intangible...melting....Flowing away...

The young boy's eyes open. As they do, his body is aching all over. He is tied to a chair. He can barely see in the damp and cool area he is in. His tear stained cheeks hurt as he moves his face to check the rest of his body. His eyes are greeted with the sight of his body, black and blue, from his head, to his toes, covered in bruises and cuts. Every time he moves, even if he shivers; which he did constantly, it would send a jolt of pain into him. He hears a door creak open. "Oh..baby...I'm so...so sososososo sorry I hurt you!" A soothing voice says. She walks over to Luci, and takes he gag out of his mouth. 'Do you need anything Honey?" She asks him. "I-its c-cold" he stutters through chattering teeth. Her face goes from a sympathetic smile, to a scowl. "You..have the GAUL to ask things of your MOTHER!?" She shouts. "EVERYONE THINKS I FAILED MY JOB AS A PARENT! THAT I RASIED A FAILURE LIKE YOU!" She screams. More tears streamed down his eyes. All of a sudden, mothers scowl turned into a wide smile. "Oh.. Your cold?" She asks. "I can fix that!" She says. She runs upstairs and Luci can only hear a clank noise coming from upstairs. "OHHH LUUUCCCIIIEELLLL!!!!" He heard his mother yell, as she lumbered down the stairs. Luci's eyes grew wide. In his mothers hand, was a white hot iron poker. He started shaking his head, tears starting pouring from his eyes. Then, time stood still.

Memories started pouring into Lucis' brain. memories of both his past, and his future. he saw his mother branding him with scars that would forever haunt him. He saw the monastery, with Maria, and the other children. He saw them slaughtered. He saw Rhys, he saw Stella, he saw Haruka, and Lili.

Was he was too weak to do anything about it then. But now, Now he was strong.

What stood in front of the woman, was not a 9 year old child, but a 16 year old man. This man had a multitude of scars on his body, with the burns on his back as well. Black tattoos spiraled, and writhed on his skin as if it was alive. He approached the woman, and stood in front of her. She suddenly jolted back, as if she has just now realized what happened. However, she was too slow. Luci grabbed her by her face, the darkness around him, slowly transformed in tendrils around his arm, expanding his tattoo across his shoulders. Luci glared at her. Then with all of his strength, slammed her face into the ground.

Just before the impact, Luci's Eyes opened. He was in the room he started out in. He could breath again. The blood on his lips dried. His tattoo has grown. Luci smirks. He stands up, and takes a few steps. That's when Luci noticed something. In the corner of his eye, he saw a door. It wasn't there before. Interesting. He takes a deep breath. Then, he outstretches his hands to both sides, and grins.

"I am free."

Last edited:
[class=Notes] // Code by @AgWordSmith Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// [/class] [class=Background] background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/49/57/fb/4957fb769c1c36ac14b400cec2610944.jpg); position:relative; padding:20px; height:200px; width:200px; transition: width 3s, height 3s; // This is the background image as well as the backgrounds beginning size// [/class] [class=BackgroundFull] height:410px; width:99%; transition: width 1s, height 1s; //the back ground at its full size// [/class] [class=Hide] display: none; //hides what needs to be hidden// [/class] [class=Image] float:left; margin-right:20px; border:2px SOLID Black; line-height:0; width:173px; height:173px; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/c2/26/53c2268733104aef50e7b0207e3819ec.gif); background-position: 20% 5%; cursor:pointer; transition: width 3s, border-radius 3s, height 3s; //border around image and its starting size// [/class] [class=ImageFull] width:180px; height: 160px; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 20% 5%; transition: width 3s , border-radius 3s, height 3s; //the image's full size// [/class] [class=Name] float:left; width:calc( 100% - 35%); font-size:50px; text-align:center; color:orange; //How the Name looks// [/class] [class=Text] float:left; background-color:rgba(77,77,76,0.7); width:calc( 100% - 35%); height:300px; overflow:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; padding:10px; font-size:15px; color:orange; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 10px rgba(77,77,76,0.6); //how the text looks// [/class] [Script class=Image] set addedClass 0 set fadedIn 0 //allows the script function below to work by setting variables// [/script] [Script class=Image on=click] if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass ImageFull) (removeClass ImageFull) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass BackgroundFull Background) (removeClass BackgroundFull Background) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (set addedClass 1) (set addedClass 0) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Name) (fadeOut 1000 Name) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Text) (fadeOut 1000 Text) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (set fadedIn 1) (set fadedIn 0) //makes it possible to click between the bigger and smaller sizes// [/script] [div class="Background"] [div class="Image"] [/div] [div class="Name Hide"] Leraje [/div] [div class="Text Hide"] This one would be a problem.

A peppy little angel, she struggled so much against her inner nature. He could see it. Feel it. Her radiance burned with the markings of Heaven's kiss, strong, bright, resilient. To poison her soul might take more effort than he was willing to give. He could intervene, but there was a bigger prize on the line --a much more satisfying feast to have. After all, why would he waste the time with one little broken bird when he could snag the whole flock? The thought sent a quiver of joy rushing down his spine.

The stench of an afflicted buzzed the air around him, a slow smile slipping across shadowed lips. Oh how he did love these little games. It had been ages since the last soul had wandered in, lured by the allure of his magic, and his wait had finally bore fruit. With this many souls, his powers would triple. Oh and if he managed to snag a couple of those delicious looking bird-brains, why, that would be positively delightful. The shadows swirled around him as he watched the broken little bird and her beast move through the door at the end of the hall. These Dreamers had figured out the method to his web, the logic behind the illogical. The amusement across his face subsided, a thicker cluster of shadows vibrated in irritation. There had always been a few clever ones, but it never mattered. His nightmares would consume them in the end. With fear poisoning them, he could harvest the soul at his leisure. It was only a matter of time. He observed as the two meandered their way into the next dream, stepping from one cell to the other. A neat little trick, but one that would not save them. There was no way he was allowing them to leave.

Darkness parted for him as he wove his way into the room of the boy whose affliction was so adorable that the demon almost laughed. Barely strong enough to leave the Marquis anything but amused, it was not his affliction who attracted him. Though he would still make for a powerful addition, as long as his soul festered to it's prime. He made a note to nurture this ones affliction a bit more before his soul could be properly consumed. The dog and his angel appeared through the door, meeting the tiny hellion as he seemingly snapped from the fog he had been placed under. Curious. But it mattered not, he would have his way in the end. He always did. The fourth door appeared and the trio stepped through into the space between cells. Clever little bugs, but caught in his web nonetheless. He encouraged them to fight it, to think that they could free themselves form this place; it would make this endeavor all the more sweet. He let out a low chuckle before his body melted to shadow, only leaving behind the sharp luminescence of ruby eyes.

Observing: BELIAL. BELIAL. | GuavaJuiceXI GuavaJuiceXI
Door Opened: Lakyr Lakyr
[/div] [/div]

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=title2]House of Horrors[/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: James' Nightmare

[/div][/div][div class=title]James[/div][div class=text]James had already been tired as they had left the police station, finding a mansion in such a great condition was more than just weird and rang every alarm bell but it seemed to be safe there, so he sat down with his back against a wall. Just to rest for a moment. Maybe taking a short nap ...

He slowly came back to consciousness and judging by his aching neck he had slept longer than intended. As he opened his eyes he was looking down at the floor and yes, it was dark by now. But that was a good thing, somebody would've woken him up if there had been any danger. James was just about to stand up and make a comment about letting him sleep all day as he noticed the unnatural silence. It wasn't like the silence of the night when everyone's asleep, it was dead silent. Except for ever so soft footsteps which he could barely hear and the sound of something being dragged across the floor. He tried to remain moveless and keep his breath low, not to make any sounds, as he moved his gaze upwards to the sound's source. But he barely managed to take a glimpse at a pair of legs before they were dragged around a corner and vanished from his sight.

Now his eyes were darting around the room he was in. He was alone, there was no sign of any of the others, and his backpack was gone. Fuck. He immediately checked his pockets, all empty. He had nothing on him, his weapons, Nik's lighter ... all gone. He had promised not to lose it, so he had to find it whilst finding out what was going on and getting everybody out of danger. He was getting up slowly, careful to be quiet, looking around again, searching for anything he could use as a weapon. Suddenly, his eyes hurt and his vision became blurry and he almost lost his balance, quickly leaning against the wall with one arm. For short moments his vision focused again, before fading away even worse than before. James thought he was fainting, his whole vision went dark for a few moments before it came back, still blurry. Then it happened again. Every time it faded away more, he rubbed his eyes and tried to stay calm, doing his best to be quiet.

Then everything was dark. He rubbed his eyes again, blinked multiple times, but his sight didn't come back. He held his hand up directly in front of his eyes to see if it was just dark. He saw nothing. Nothing. No shaped in the darkness, no shades just pure black everywhere. Now James barely managed not to freak out, suddenly losing your eyesight for no apparent reason would've been bad enough but right now the situation he was in had already been bad as he could still see shit. He could remember how the room had looked, so he focused on that and tried to remember the ways out of it. There was the main entrance, but he couldn't leave everyone behind, the stairs leading into the next floor, a door, a hallway and of course the doorway leading into the direction in which whoever had been dragged away. But what the fuck was he supposed to do now? He wouldn't be able to fight anything like that, he'll have problems not to bump into everything.

Trying to calm his breath James heard footsteps again. Same direction and just as soft, but nothing was being dragged this time. He froze and out of habit moved his head to look in the direction. Pressing his back against the wall he made slow sidesteps and hoped he was moving out of sight for whatever was coming his way. His hopes were shattered by a blood-curdling shriek and heavier, quicker steps. Whatever it was, this shriek wasn't like anything he had ever heard before, was now running towards him. He broke off the wall and sprinted in the direction of the stairs, taking hold of the handrail as he ran up.

Without the shrieking still behind him, James might have been surprised how well running up the stairs blindly worked until he tripped over the last step and flew to the ground. In an instant it was dead silent again, no shrieking nor steps could be heard. One of his hands had landed in something wet and sticky. Blood, he didn't need to see it, the smell and the feel of it on his hand were enough to tell. He reached around in the nothingness with that hand, to feel if something or somebody was there. Sure enough, he felt the touch of cold skin, stood up and took a step back as if in shock, not thinking about the staircase behind him. Instead of stumbling down the stairs his back hit a wall. He turned around touching the wall, how was that possible? There couldn't be a wall, he just came up that way...

He had to keep moving, he had to find the others if they were alive, and he had to find a way out of this. He had no way of knowing who the dead body in front of him was and that worried James almost as much as the wall that had just appeared behind him, but he couldn't just stand there and wait for something to happen. He put his right hand against the wall and started walking alongside it, again trying to be as quiet as he could so that he could hear other things easier. It seemed like he was walking straightforward for way too long, he didn't notice any doors at his side of the hallway. He walked very slowly so that he wouldn't run into something, the fact that he couldn't see was still more than just unsettling.

Just as he thought about turning around because this endless hallway was just ridiculous he heard muffled noises somewhere in front of him. Then a dull thump. He walked even slower, but these sounds weren't really intimidating. Maybe it were some of the others and they were tied up? James reached forward with his left hand, to feel if there was anything. He made a few more steps, got closer to the sounds and then his hand touched some thick and sticky fabric, like a web or something. Beneath the web, something moved and the muffled mumbling got louder, followed by several dull thumps. Somebody was trapped inside that web, but before James could think of a way to free them he heard clicking and cracking sounds from further down the hallway. Followed by tapping sounds coming closer, like too many nonhuman legs stepping towards him. Some taps sounded like they weren't on the floor but up on the wall, muffled sounds became louder, started to panic. James didn't know what to do, couldn't think straight, the tapping steps came closer and he heard a low hiss.

He turned around and ran. Just ran. Leaving behind whoever was trapped in that web. He was helpless, scared and useless. He kept running, he would keep running until he hit a wall or until the sounds stopped following. But before any of that happened he ran against a door, pushing it open. The hallway had been a lot shorter than he thought it was. He tried to stop, slipped on a seemingly wet floor and with a splash fell into the water. Underwater and blind he immediately lost any sense of orientation, instead of staying calm he panicked. He wildly moved around hoping that he'd somehow notice where the surface was, or that he'd maybe touch anything so that he could try to find his way up. He didn't have the time to take a deep breath before and it didn't take long until that was becoming a problem. His movements became heavier and slower and he felt his consciousness slowly fading. Then his hand touched something, he a wall or maybe the ground, he had no way of knowing, but it was all he had. He moved towards it and almost pulled himself alongside it. One of his arms left the water and James yanked himself out, then rolled away from it so that he wasn't too close anymore. He gasped for air and coughed as he lay on the ground.

He didn't know if he was lying there on the floor for just a couple of seconds or several minutes, but at some point, after managing to calm himself down again he started to think about all of this. It didn't make any sense. How was everyone gone or dead or whatever but he himself was just sleeping in some room, didn't get hurt but all his things were taken away? How were all his things taken away without him waking up? Why did he just go blind? How did the mansion just change, with appearing walls and hallways that alter their length? Why did he barely escape with his life? It wasn't real, just like what the vampire had done to him but this time with a weaker hold on his mind, or maybe just a different kind.

James crawled away further from the water until he touched a wall and got up again, leaning against the wall. He wasn't scared anymore, but that didn't mean he should stop being cautious. He moved his head around as if looking through the room again, still not able to see but afterward he knew where he had to go. An Exit was nearby. With one hand against the wall and slow, careful steps once more he made his way into that direction. Hearing soft steps behind him again he took a deep breath and as he heard the blood-curdling screech he walked quicker. But he stayed calm, didn't run. Whatever this was it wanted him to freak out, so all he had to do was the opposite. As he touched a door handle he knew this was his way out, he pushed open the door, the screeching stopped and he was met with red walls and light. Just seeing anything again blinded him in the first moment. James turned around, to take a look back and it was like he was looking at a wall of pure darkness as if he was still blind. He stepped forward and closed the door behind him, leaving his nightmare behind. Then he stood there for a handful of seconds and waited for his eyes to adjust to the new-found light.[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#000000; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #000000; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class] [class=title2] color: #8B1A1A; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-size:3.2em; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class]

penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
Luci GuavaJuiceXI GuavaJuiceXI and James Lakyr Lakyr
Music/Mood
Looking for a way out
OOC
JimJam powow. Also same music because lazy.
HOUSE OF HORRORS

Observing Luci’s dream had been equal parts unnerving as confusing. Neither Penny or Woofus knew Luci, at all really, so assumptions and observations were to be made at a distance. His name they determined from the screeching mother-figure that abused the child...something that left a sour taste in Penny’s mouth. Nevertheless, before anyone could do anything, Luci had freed himself from his dream and walked out. Penny and Woofus followed.

So, we really don’t have to intervene sometimes?” The girl asked. Woofus nodded.

Seems like the stronger the will, and perhaps the lesser the inner demons, the more likely someone is to wake themselves up. But look at yourself, Vale, you just about did it yourself...it won’t be as easy as that.” The dog explained and Penny nodded, the two exiting the door and stepping into the red hall.

Luci? I’m Penny...you don’t know me but I’m here to help—

Ah, well, I suppose I’m just chopped fucking liver eh?

—We’re here, Woofus and I, to help you and your group. I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now but these are dreams, and to get out we have to defeat them. Feel free to come with us, but we’re going to keep moving through.” Penny explained as gently as possible. She didn’t want to confuse the kid as much as Woofus had done to her (unapologetically).

Penny rested her hand on another knob and turned it, plunging forward into a new fog.

~​

This dream went well on its own; well, as much as one could say. The man, who’s name Penny failed to catch in the dream. This was on account of how alone, and vulnerable, this man’s nightmare was. He was fumbling around blind and it made Penny’s heart sink into her stomach.

Woofus kept her at a distance for the majority of it. He had faith in this stranger, as it seemed.

However, Penny could not stand idly by when the man went careening blindly into a pool of water. She took off, seconds later. Woofus barked at her heels but Penny ignored the pet.

She dived to the edge of the water, peering down into the darkened depths. It would be hard to orient yourself if you couldn’t see anything, and Penny worried that the man wouldnt find the surface. On a whim, she stuck her entire arm beneath the surface. It was like touching something ethereal...It didn’t feel right. Maybe because it’s not real...or it’s not my dream?

Come on dangit, grab me!” She muttered quietly, pleading to the murky depths. Soon enough, something clamped onto her wrist. Penny strained, but did her best to give the man something to roll onto the surface with. Once he broke through, she pulled away and let him use the edge to climb up and out. It still appeared as if he was perceiving blindness. Penny didn’t say a word.

He’s on his way out, let’s meet him in the hall.” Woofus whispered. She was glad he did, and that they made an advance on the man, because something inhuman began to scream. Penny jumped, pushing through and guiding the dog.
Once through the hall, they waited patiently (or as best as one could). Penny disrobed, peeling her jacket off and squeezing the wet sleeve. Then, the door opened and the man from the nightmare strolled in. He seemed to be able to see now, blinking wildly.

Hey, hey are you okay?” Penny asked, rushing forward. “My name is Penny, what’s yours?

Woofus tapped his tail impatiently. “I really don’t see the need to repeatedly introduce and reintroduce yourselves. There’s going to be an entire legion of you two legged goblins, anyway.” Penny gave a blank stare at the dog before turning back to the man.

Sorry, that’s Woofus. Talking dog, but only in the dream world as it seems. Thank god for that.” She muttered the last part and Woofus’ ears perked.

Wow, okay, did you forget I’m a fucking dog? I CAN HEAR YOU—

This is a dream, all of it. I’m sure you know. Take a second to adjust if you need. When you’re ready, we have to keep advancing and free the others.” She smiled wholesomely at the man, reaching out a hand to lightly squeeze his arm in reassurance.

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=title2]House of Horrors[/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]Location: Red Hall
Tags: BELIAL. BELIAL. [/div][/div][div class=title]James[/div][div class=text]"Hey, hey are you okay?" James saw a blonde woman rushing towards him, he remembered briefly seeing her before and he knew they've picked her up on the way to this mansion. "Yeah ... I'm alright." He put on a weak smile, it was over and it wasn't real, so it wasn't that bad.

"My name is Penny, what’s yours?"
"I'm James, nice to-"
at this moment the dog started talking, planting the dumbest look onto James' face, "Is that dog... ? That dog is talking... Holy shit that's a talking dog!" Now there was a big stupid smile on his face aswell. And this wasn't just a talking dog, he also was fucking sassy.

"Sorry, that’s Woofus. Talking dog, but only in the dream world as it seems. Thank god for that." James opened his mouth to answer, but again he was cut off by Woofus.

"Wow, okay, did you forget I’m a fucking dog? I CAN HEAR YOU—" Okay, that was enough, that dog seemed to enjoy speaking way too much, time to shoot back a little, "He's so cute when he tries to talk like one of us two-legged goblins" James looked over at Penny with a small smirk and then back at Woofus, "Are all dogs like that and we've just never noticed because you normally don't speak?" James couldn't believe he was talking like this to a dog and that the dog could talk back did not make it easier to believe.

"This is a dream, all of it. I’m sure you know. Take a second to adjust if you need. When you’re ready, we have to keep advancing and free the others." He looked back towards Penny, right there were more important things to focus on than that dog. "Ah, yeah, right. Well, nice to meet the two of you." he looked from Penny over to Woofus again, showing both of them a friendly smile, "I'm ready to go! I mean, we could until my clothes are dried, but that might take a bit too long and Woofus didn't seem all that eager on wasting time."

He stood there a few moments, looking around helplessly. "So, uhm, what exactly are we doing to help the others now?"[/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#000000; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #000000; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class] [class=title2] color: #8B1A1A; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-size:3.2em; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class]

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
5085db67cc8cb99036923998e5b3509f--voodoo-priestess-costume-costume-voodoo.jpg
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
BGM: Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper
Interacting:
Located: The Mansion Garden
Mentioned:
code by @AgWordSmith
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// // Colours: Green - #99E40F Blue - #52EDDD // [/class]
WARNING

THIS REPLY WILL CONTAIN REFERENCES TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE, NEEDLES, SELF HARM, SNAKES, CANNIBALISM, TRAUMA, MENTAL ILLNESS, SUICIDE AND DEATH READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Adisa awoke to find himself surrounded by darkness. Not a darkness that comes that comes from the absence of light, but a living mass of writhing blackness. He could feel it surround him, licking at his soul with its infernal tongues. Adisa bolted upwards and quickly looked around. The darkness moved like a fog, obscuring his vision until it deemed he was worthy to see something. He backed upwards, his heels clicking against the cold stone and echoing into the abyssal fog. His eyes filled with terror and panic as he backed up with a greater speed, desperately trying to escape this nightmare. But it was of no use, he couldn't escape from this horror. Nothing could free him from what was to come.

His Judgement.

The witch Doctor tumbled backwards and caught himself as he tripped over a heavy object in the dark. He looked forward and saw it as clear as a day. It was an antique chest he used to own, its wooden body made of a heavy treated oak, wrapped in tight iron bindings and bolts. He looked around frantically, trying to make sense of where it could've come from. But it was pointless, nothing here made sense nor did it need to. Adisa placed his weathered, bony fingers to the lip of the chest and heaved it open. It creaked familiarly but its contents were not that which he remembered from his home back in Haiti. A large black wrapping made of silk covered a set of items beneath itself. Adisa hesitated to touch it but brought his hand slowly down to remove the cover. As he lifted, his eyes widened, his body began to shake. He grabbed the chest from its bottom and used all of his strength to hurl it away. As it flew into the darkness, something dropped to his feet. He scurried away from it, kicking it into the darkness as he scrambled backwards. But it was no use as he crashed into a mountain of the things. He dropped onto his knees and stared at the thing that towered high into the air and out of sight. Adisa shook violently, feeling something happening to his body. His arms soon became pockmarked with scabs and red dots, his veins darkening to a sickly black tar. He desperately tried to itch them off but found it only made them worse. Adisa screamed and cried, wailing into the void in a desperate attempt for help. But nothing heard him. Just the echo of his voice and the deafening silence.

Adisa was horrified. He lept to his feet and charged into the darkness, his tears streaming off his gaunt face and into the dark behind him. His stomach churned with anxiety, fear, guilt, sadness, anger. He screamed as he barrelled forward. But it was of no use. He could not outrun his Judgement. As he ran something materialized from the darkness. The same chest he had thrown previously, sitting in perfect condition before him. Only now it oozed a black sticky tar from its bindings that seeped into a puddle beneath it. Adisa turned on his heels to run but the chest was back in front of him, even closer this time. He went running away once more but the chest followed. He was trapped. No matter where he ran the chest would follow. Adisa dropped to his knees and held his head in his hands. He sobbed and heaved, echoing his pain into the darkness around himself. The chest creaked open by itself and the man curiously looked upwards at it. He peered over and saw a crimson red silk fabric covering something in the chest. Without anything else he could do, Adisa inched forwards towards the chest. He lifted the fabric and tossed it away. Sitting perfectly in the middle of the chest was a glimmering razor, untouched and unused by anything. Adisa grabbed his arm in shock as he felt something slice across it. He lifted his hand to inspect the wound and found a fresh wound sitting where he had been cut. IT happened again, and Adisa winced. Then again, and again, and again, and again. Adisa collapsed the ground the flailed as some unseen force turned him into its own cutting board. After the pain had stopped, the man gasped and panted, staring at the cold cobblestones beneath him. After god knows how long he finally moved again and looked up. The chest was gone, and so were the wounds. There was no blood to be seen anywhere, only the scars left from the onslaught. In shock and horror, Adisa crawled forwards, vainly trying to escape. But he was not done yet.

It felt like ages until Adisa found the box again. He meagerly crawled next to it and collapsed onto his knees before it. Its surface was now covered in chips, cuts, and nicks all over. The black tar still oozed from it and the Witch Doctor found himself silently crying once more. He shuffled next to the chest and felt himself opening it without a second thought. What else could he do? A ivory white silk covering covered the contents once again, and Adisa tore it off without a second thought. He was too shocked to even think. Adisa was brought to his senses as he looked down and saw a familiar skull sitting in the middle of the chest. He remembered that horrible night, and horrible skull. He thought back to the tastes and smells, the screams. He remembered how he didn't even feel sick then.
He sat for a moment with his thoughts
Then puked.

Adisa had been wandering for ages after his last encounter with the chest. He had been thinking ever since then. He had been thinking about all the harm he had caused. The death, destruction, the families he had torn apart, the people he had carelessly ruined for the simple price of a bottle of booze. How am I even worthy of being able to take another breath? He wondered silently in his head as he continued on his journey through the darkness. He felt his stomach still churning. He felt Tired. Scared. Guilty. Alone. He was alone, and that scared him most of all. He hid behind the visage of a careless madman, but beneath that, he was as sane as the rest. His mind was troubled. The spirits moved through him every second of every minute of every hour of every day. He was never free o have his own body. He used to try and battle against it, but what was the point? He would always lose anyway. So he gave up, took the back seat and let the river carry him away. He observed as his body and mind worked without his input. But then he realized something most peculiar. He stopped. Then started. He raised his hand, then dropped it. He screamed, then went quiet. He had control. How long had it been since he didn't have to struggle to control his own body? Sure, he could influence his body and soul. He had done it to burn away the revenants, he had done it to summon the skeleton part at the police station. But he lost control soon after. When he spoke it never came out how he wanted. When he walked it was never how he intended. It was always malformed in some way. Always twisted from its original form. But now, Adisa could move like when he was young. He laughed to himself, a low chuckle that was soon followed by a sob. A sob of guilt, pain and sadness. He didn't deserve control, didn't deserve to be back at the helm. But he was, and so he walked. Hoping desperately to find some way out of the darkness to do what he knew he needed to. To end it all. He was more of a hazard than a help to these people, and they'd be far safer without a "crazed" prophet who might go off and kill them all at a moment's notice. He was a danger, and he promised after the Final Ritual he had performed in Haiti he would never hurt anyone again.

In the garden area of the mansion, a figure sat on the ground, knelt on his knees. A snake desperately coiled around his body for warmth, squirming beneath his shirt. Snow gathered around him, covering him like a statue as he knelt there. His face was pointed downwards, looking into the dark shadow abyss of a fountain pool. A living mass of writhing blackness...

[class=Notes] // Code by @AgWordSmith Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// [/class] [class=Background] background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/49/57/fb/4957fb769c1c36ac14b400cec2610944.jpg); position:relative; padding:20px; height:200px; width:200px; transition: width 3s, height 3s; // This is the background image as well as the backgrounds beginning size// [/class] [class=BackgroundFull] height:410px; width:99%; transition: width 1s, height 1s; //the back ground at its full size// [/class] [class=Hide] display: none; //hides what needs to be hidden// [/class] [class=Image] float:left; margin-right:20px; border:2px SOLID Black; line-height:0; width:173px; height:173px; border-radius:50%; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/c2/26/53c2268733104aef50e7b0207e3819ec.gif); background-position: 20% 5%; cursor:pointer; transition: width 3s, border-radius 3s, height 3s; //border around image and its starting size// [/class] [class=ImageFull] width:180px; height: 160px; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 20% 5%; transition: width 3s , border-radius 3s, height 3s; //the image's full size// [/class] [class=Name] float:left; width:calc( 100% - 35%); font-size:50px; text-align:center; color:orange; //How the Name looks// [/class] [class=Text] float:left; background-color:rgba(77,77,76,0.7); width:calc( 100% - 35%); height:300px; overflow:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; padding:10px; font-size:15px; color:orange; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 10px rgba(77,77,76,0.6); //how the text looks// [/class] [Script class=Image] set addedClass 0 set fadedIn 0 //allows the script function below to work by setting variables// [/script] [Script class=Image on=click] if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass ImageFull) (removeClass ImageFull) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (addClass BackgroundFull Background) (removeClass BackgroundFull Background) if (eq ${addedClass} 0) (set addedClass 1) (set addedClass 0) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Name) (fadeOut 1000 Name) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (fadeIn 1000 Text) (fadeOut 1000 Text) if (eq ${fadedIn} 0) (set fadedIn 1) (set fadedIn 0) //makes it possible to click between the bigger and smaller sizes// [/script] [div class="Background"] [div class="Image"] [/div] [div class="Name Hide"] Leraje [/div] [div class="Text Hide"] The blind leading the blind, well, well, well. The hunter had managed to stumble his way towards a flicker of salvation. But none would leave this game. Their souls always tasted sweeter in torment, thinking there was hope at the end of it all, but there wasn't. An extra sweetness added by their desperation, and dreams deferred like a spoiled confection. The witch doctor...however...had almost given in. The snow, sweet. The box, incessant. The snakes, cloying. The cuts, malignant...but he had managed to wriggle free like an earth worm under the weight of the Marquis' prowess.

Although not part of his immaculate design, this would still create the end-game he had orchestrated. Countless had fallen to his game, and countless would, still. But the Marquis couldn't help but feel the flicker of rage palpitate up his spine, knowing that the witch doctor had been able to break his spell and walk through one of his doors. He had been careless in that briefest of moments, lingering on the pain the witch doctor was receiving, like the headiest drug for Leraje's sick ministrations.

These maggots would not make it far, this he knew, and a wicked laugh drew from his gut, to blossom in a smile. The next was such an easy insect to crush, it seemed inevitable that this one would fall into his net. He'd pick its afflicted soul free with ease and grace, and all would be as he ordained. His designs were perfection. He always won these games. This group of insects would stand no chance against his powers.

Darkness draped around him like a drab shawl, and he supped on the next fever dream he would enact. Clever little bugs, he thought, but they'd get stuck within his web all the same. Surely this one would be caught. The fifth door opened for the observers; the Angel, the Dog, The Tiny Hellion, the Hunter, the Witch Doctor, to purvey the demise of the next. Inevitable.

Observing: BELIAL. BELIAL. | GuavaJuiceXI GuavaJuiceXI | Lakyr Lakyr | Kaas Kaas
Door Opened: Lakyr Lakyr
[/div] [/div]

[class=biggie] width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; display:flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; height: 100%; [/class] [class=whut]background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); padding:20px; [/class] [class=handsomedevil] border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; background: #fff; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; padding:10px; color: #162e70; font-weight:800; flex: 1; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; [/class] [class=speaks] -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; ;padding:3%; text-align: left; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; flex: 1; flex-basis: 30%; margin-left: 40px; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speaksup] color: #161832; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:50px; word-spacing: 4px; letter-spacing: 5px; ;padding:1%; text-align: center; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speaksup2] color: #c60c15; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:13px; ;padding:1%; text-align: center; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; margin-right:15px; font-weight: 800 [/class] [class=speakeasy]border: solid 5px #f7f7f7; letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: center; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; background: #fff;[/class] [class=speakeasy2] letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: LEFT; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px;[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; flex-direction: column;[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; margin-top:20px[/class] [class name=bye maxWidth="800px"]display:none[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=speaksup]HOUSE OF HORRORS[/div]
[div class=speaksup2]Warning: Just like all the warnings, okay? Cannibalism, dead shit, naked things, just...it's a nightmare. You've been warned. [/div]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=handsomedevil] [div class=speakeasy]"To go wrong in one`s own way is better than to go right in someone else's." [/div]

nikatnite.jpg
𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
[div class=speakeasy2]LOCATION — Mansion from Hell.
OOC — Starts cute. Let's gradually make this fucking horrible or else the boy isn't going to believe it. Let's all have a shitty time. xD
BGMSMASHING PUMPKINS - 1979 [/div]

6a21ae840a9772b42734e231d6de3733.jpg

[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.” [/div][/div][div class=speaks]Rest came easy, like a pervasive, gentle fog, inkling in rivers over his sleep-kissed eyes. Peanut butter smeared on his face, the spoon awkwardly held in his grasp, on the floor, next to an angel. They had had a fun time, sharing food and sharing stories. Nik held onto those memories of the past for Rhys, and kept them safe. He felt lucky to have heard them at all.

At some point, he had rolled. He couldn't help but pull the earth around him to make his bed, and so the earth shifted, to bring heaven and hell together. Limbs on limbs, head on Rhys' chest, splayed out like an accidental Renaissance painting. Darker than dark shadows, pure, expensive looking blues, and a shock of several tattoos. Mired up in tree branches on the backs of his arms, the inklings of names scrawled, then the thick inked angel wings of the other.

It had been a lovely end to a very difficult day. He slept with a smile, formed like a cupid's bow in little pinks and yellows. Breathless for this, and happy for it, deeply happy.

He awoke in the same place he had fallen asleep, on the floor, with the others around him sleeping...except for the angel boy. He had drooled that night, as apparent from his face more or less sticking to the floor in a shine of glossy, diluted pink. Strange. But where was he?

His spoon was also missing, and that blasted jar of peanut butter. The blond stood and stretched his arms over his head, back cracking, joints aching, and rubbed the back of his neck. An awkward sleep, he thought, but it had been another of the best rests he'd had in the past two years.

With a stupid look on his face, he peered around at the others, all in various positions of repose. Penny was curled up with Woofus, James had his head on Alaska's shoulder. Velska was rocking forward to snore gently. Each little start forward stopping her from tipping over, like a metronome. Everyone seemed to have come together in this.

Grigs was keeping watch, and passed the blond a very dry, marginally visible smile. Nik saluted him like a doofus, two fingers at his temple, and then out.

"Have you seen the peanut butter bandit? He has my spoon." Grigs grunted out a response and shook his head, shifting his weight. Nik reminded himself never to fuck around with this powerhouse. He looked like he could fold Nik in half like a piece of burnt toast and that would be the end of it.
"He left his post," as dry a response as ever, but the end of that sentence was punctuated with a smirk.
"Niklas, your face. This isn't the time for games, stay sharp. We don't know what this place is." Grigs made a motion to his own nose with a tap, and Nik hurriedly wiped his hand across his face to find peanut butter all over the side of his wrist.
"Thanks. Has he? Huh," Nik said with his eyebrows raising, but he wasn't too concerned about it. Grigs, now someone he felt he could trust with his prior unexpected kindness, would be able to handle things. Or roar at them all to come running if something went sideways. He seemed like the type to roar, deafening, loud enough to wake the fucking dead.

Nik bet he even roared in the sack. Like a loud machine cranking and barking, maybe giving missions or some stupid shit with a stone-faced look. Lots of sexual euphemisms with military terminology. Nik snorted at his own internal joke, and Grigs narrowed his eyes at the grown adult male, seemingly assessing just what horrible shit was going on in his head.

The joke faded, his grin wilted.

It felt awkward to wake up alone, now. As green as all this was, he had at least expected to wake up to hearing Rhys' heartbeat. Or he'd expect to be woken up by the other shifting to run off and do God-knows-what. Or he'd have expected Penny to throw her shoe at him to let him know that angel boy was going somewhere to possibly do something stupid.

Nik stepped towards his red coat and pulled it on, one arm at a time, marveling still at how sore he was from their fight with that bastard demoness. He winced, and looked over at Alaska, who was snoring now. Open-mouthed, head back, snoring. He smirked, buttoned his coat, stuck his hands in his coat pockets, and stalked forward. Following his nose, quite literally. Follow the peanut butter. Be one with the peanut butter. Let the peanut butter guide you.

The scent began to get cloying however, heavy, and then it started to smell like cinnamon. Then, as he reared around to stare at the spiral staircase before him, and it smelled like something burning. He heard the clip of a song, something he remembered liking, and his gaze grew curious.

Eyes narrowed, he stayed at the bottom of those steps, and his face drew into a flat expression. Something felt strange, but he didn't quite know what was wrong. Nothing seemed out of place, nothing looked extraordinary. Everything was in its right place. He cast a gaze behind him, to see Ezra stalking about with a roll of toilet paper under his arm. Must have been the one Nik had snatched for him, he was happy he got the gift, even if it was...through theft.

With a chuckle, Nik began to walk up the staircase, and the lighting began to change, as if in a filter of cyan and magenta, coloring the shadows and bright lights, like some sort of gaudy monstrosity.

"Interesting." Nik rounded up the top of the staircase, and smelled the air. The song grew louder, and he recognized it, from the late great Smashing Pumpkins. Ancient history, or ancient music history at that point, but he was smitten. He popped forward, almost skipping at the beat, mouthing along with the words.

Burnt toast came in waves, and then something sour, then something sweeter than sweet. Maybe Rhys was making food...pancakes? God, he'd have killed for some pancakes. Nik hummed to himself, along with the tune. He peered near a light switch, and pushed the dimmers up and down. It seemed to be controlling the strange lighting, that of which he was partial to. As gaudy as possible, and as anachronistic as it could get.

"Rhys? Hey. Where..the...fuck.. are you...?" the blond called out as his words died, stepping forward to cross a cloying pink and blue hallway. The music got louder. The floors were chevron, black and white, and the walls were a sprawling in neon glows. Very decadent, extremely mismatched. That was what had stolen his breath, it was as though someone had bled all the colors out of the late great 80s and dipped the house in its hues.

His smart shoes clicked on the impossibly polished floor, the lights dimmed and shifted to pinks, and he crooned his head around a corner.

Another hallway, and a series of doors, each with a terrible choice of paint. Absolutely disgusting.

"Alright, I was a fan of the rest of it, but who the fuck was the interior designer? A psychopath? Who puts green and pink on the same fucking door? Rhys, get out here." Nothing. Nik stood with his hands in his pockets, and turned back to look at where he'd come from. The music skipped, from wherever it was playing, like a record needle shifting. The light changed again, turning to blue. It was unsettling him, this constant shift and mix of colors, this music he couldn't find the source of, it made his eyes hurt, and it was all so very distracting.

There was no staircase.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

[class=biggie] width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; display:flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; height: 100%; [/class] [class=whut]background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); padding:20px; [/class] [class=handsomedevil] border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; background: #fff; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; padding:10px; color: #162e70; font-weight:800; flex: 1; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; [/class] [class=speaks] -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; ;padding:3%; text-align: left; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; flex: 1; flex-basis: 30%; margin-left: 40px; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speaksup] color: #161832; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:50px; word-spacing: 4px; letter-spacing: 5px; ;padding:1%; text-align: center; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speakeasy]border: solid 5px #f7f7f7; letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: center; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; background: #fff;[/class] [class=speakeasy2] letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: LEFT; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px;[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; flex-direction: column;[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; margin-top:20px[/class] [class name=bye maxWidth="800px"]display:none[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — It's just bad. It's just the worst.
BGM SKEETER DAVIS - END OF THE WORLD.
[/div]

e91350c114c426d5e1e8fbb25e287588.jpg

[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.” [/div][/div][div class=speaks]

"Oh God, I'm in one of those crazy houses...like that guy who ate people. The fuck was it called? Rhys, get your dumb gay ass out here, I'm not playing around." No response, but he heard a small murmur, not unlike Diana's little winded inflections, and he burst through the cloying pink and green door like a gale.

His foot stepped in something sticky, wet, and smell of sweets stung his nose. Like cotton candy on overdrive, it was almost too much caustic stink to handle. The room was nearly pitch black, but the light from the hallway shaded barely formed objects like a gradient, or a watercolor wash. Eerie pinks and blues, he felt like he was in a living, breathing painting, with the chromatics turned up far too high. Yet shadowed in charcoals.

It was just an assortment of boxes, a mannequin in the center of the room on its side, a vase with some flowers on the ground, and a box of matches. That was it. Blue shadows, pink lights, a gaudy display. Like a still life painted by a mad-man.

"Di...are you here?"
"Ah...ah.." She struck out instantly in front of him, arms stretched out to prevent him from moving forward. Nik tossed her a grin and she shook her head, and again, warbled her phrase. The colors of her, natural and jewel-toned, azure blues and a red lip, flickered and bled across her form. Like a painting soaked in thinner. She was colored so differently than the world around him, in earthy tones. Like she just didn't fit.

"What's gotten into you? I know you're a ghost and all, but fuck...can you be a little less goddamn foreboding or creepy? Shit." Diana insisted again, and pushed forward, her face a few millimeters away from his own, staring him in the eyes, her gaze like a frightened mare. She tossed her head all the same, deep brown hair rolling and shifting like waves cast off from a fanned brush. The song got louder, crackling in his ears.

"Ah!"
"Stop, this is ridiculous," Nik walked through her semi-transparent form, and she spun in place, reaching to to grasp his coat, it fell through her fingers and she let out a frustrated, breathy groan. His feet stepped in something even thicker, and Nik knelt to the ground to investigate. Lithe fingers dipped down to touch it, and he stuck his index finger in his mouth. It was sweet, too sweet, like salt water taffy without the salt. Like the kind of candy you get from the dollar store. Like overclocked marzipan on steroids.

The light shifted again, and the room was cast in an eerie pink glow, blue lighting on the baseboards thrumming more vibrantly. He wouldn't even paint something this cloying. It was burning his fucking retinas.

His hand was coated in red. An unbelievable shade of it, so red it was magenta, the center near his palm a swirl of crimson, like paint. Thick like acrylic with medium, but inked in the shine of some kind of microscopic sparkled glint. Daler Rowley inks, somehow. He'd never mix these together, they'd crack when the fucking thing dried. It pooled down his palm to his wrist, dripping down his arm.

His deep blue eyes flashed when he followed the trail of a river in front of him, this river of sweet, cloying pinkness and heady smelling liquid. There, the mannequin lay, cast in a yellow light.

"Alright, if you're playing a fuckin' prank, let's stop because I'm not really a fan of this shit." Nik stood and jerked forward to clop through the muck of this putrid bullshit and leered down at the mannequin, twisted and gnarled now, like plastic made flesh, but cracked, like a tree's rotten base. The blond rolled his eyes, wiped his hand on his coat and produced a cigarette, to strike his lighter, inhale the smoke, and cloud his vision with a wraith-like mist. A blue mist, eking to greens and yellows, uncanny, and surreal.

"Di...this isn't fun—" The door behind him slammed shut, the music changed, and the lights grew brighter, pink enough to wash out the color of his face, the coat, his hair, the lighter, the pool on the floor redder than red. Thick, sweet smelling, candied, sticky. He swiveled to face the door, cigarette clinging to his bottom lip and crushed between teeth. He stepped back, shoe dinking the side of the hollow, plastic...

Why does the sun go on shining?

"Why?" Nik's eyes shot open, the white of them a glaring titanium against the pinks and peaches of his face. The song warbled on, as if from a scratched up record.
"I...we...h," Nik heard a gurgling noise, and turned slowly, to leer down once more at the twisted plastic monstrosity, only to find Rhys.

Arms at his sides, chest cavity pried open like a swollen pomegranate, his ribs dripping the sweet-smelling magenta blood, swirled in the gossamer of poly-chromatic inks, like a small galaxy in his veins, starlit, and inhuman. The cigarette careened to the side of his mouth, and hung there. Nik stared.

Rhys reached out, grasping his pant leg, pulling. The detective's eyes were bloodshot, the centers chromed, the skin of his arms ripped to shreds by a deep, thin cuts, his heart still beating beneath exposed muscle and tissue, lungs collapsed and blackened to dark blue, bite marks and gashes all over his body.

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Naked as the day he was born, and defiled in blood and carnage past his hips, down his thighs, torn.

Broken.

Ripped apart.

Don't they know it's the end of the world?

Inhumanly damaged, like a tree uprooted, the branch tossed to the side. Beside Nik's other foot, in that pool of pink blood, he almost vomited right then and there.

Rhys gurgled on his own magenta blood, eyes flashing, white light pulsing in his veins to keep him alive, apparently. How, and for what reason, Nik didn't know. His mind was blank, his stomach vaulting within his body, his heart beating erratically inside of his chest, the pounding in his ears, he stared on, eyes opened as wide as a cornflower moon, and he said nothing.

Speechless for what felt like a million years, the bile threatening to rise and breach past his mouth.

'Cause you don't love me anymore

He screamed.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

[class=biggie] width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; display:flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; height: 100%; [/class] [class=whut]background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #27272d 2%, #161832 100%); padding:20px; [/class] [class=handsomedevil] border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; background: #fff; text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; padding:10px; color: #162e70; font-weight:800; flex: 1; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; [/class] [class=speaks] -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:12px; ;padding:3%; text-align: left; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; flex: 1; flex-basis: 30%; margin-left: 40px; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speaksup] color: #161832; -webkit-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832 ; -moz-box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; box-shadow:10px 10px 0px 0px #161832; font-size:50px; word-spacing: 4px; letter-spacing: 5px; ;padding:1%; text-align: center; background:#fff; border: solid 1px #e5e5e5; margin-right:15px; [/class] [class=speakeasy]border: solid 5px #f7f7f7; letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: center; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; background: #fff;[/class] [class=speakeasy2] letter-spacing:2px; word-spacing: 4px; text-align: LEFT; font-size:12px; padding:20px; color: #162e70; font-weight:100; letters-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px;[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; flex-direction: column;[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; margin-top:20px[/class] [class name=bye maxWidth="800px"]display:none[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — fuck
BGMSKEETER DAVIS - THE END OF THE WORLD [/div]

98d7ef35a2b4ab459d7d7692e92b5fb3.jpg

[div class=speakeasy]“The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment.” [/div][/div][div class=speaks]

His cigarette had fallen, smoldering in the liquid, until it swallowed it in a sweeping gurgle.

Why do the birds go on singing?

The blond drew down to his knees, pants thickly coated in that cloying, now pepto bismol colored liquid, and leaned over Rhys' body. He was still trying to speak, the harrowed whitelighter powers pulsing in his veins. He reached out his hand to clasp Nik's own, who clung to it like it was the only thing real in the entire world. Harrowed, horrified, eyes beyond the capacity to cry, jaw clenching, lip trembling, Nik looked down at this man who he had barely gotten...they had...

"We...we'd only just started, c-can't...can't we...Can we have a do-over...?" he ended his question on a laugh, the panicked kind, the kind people give when they're so distraught they have to force it out like a machine gun, lips quivering, words streaming out in a fount, syllables tripping on each other. Rhys stared at him, disbelief flashing over his face, or what was left of it. His cheek began to cave in, and Nik swallowed the vomit that had traveled from his olympic star stomach into his mouth.

Why do the stars glow above?

"...y-you...It's. I..."
"I forgive you," the other man said as he removed his hand from Nik's vice-like grip to touch his face. The light died in his eyes, the chrome spinning into blackness, the whitelighter pulse in his veins humming down like a computer powering off. Nik knelt in that thick paint-blood, right hand in the thick of it, hovering, staring, his gaze shattered.

The only sound, aside from the lilt of that godforsaken fucking song, was his ragged, fast and shallow, rough and jarred breathing. In and out, quick, then a long pause, then a jag, like a palette knife tearing through canvas, a box cutter on wood now, deep, then a etching needle on the side of a piece of metal. Nik fell back into the paint, it was paint, he knew it was, and tore back on his feet, trying to escape, but his eyes never leaving Rhys' dead body.

Don't they know it's the end of the world?

He finally tore his gaze away and flipped over, crawling and attempting to stand, only to be buckle as he smashed into one of the boxes.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, shit, fuck...God...fuck..."

"Penny!" he screamed out, hoarse, and tried to stand and make his way beyond this rectangular cardboard bastard, but his foot seemingly snagged on the corner. His vision was faltering, pocks of static cropping up like a film grain. He was going to pass out. He was going to vomit, pass out, this was not real. This couldn't be happening, it absolutely couldn't be happening, this couldn't be real, he couldn't have done this, he would never have done this, it wasn't real.

It wasn't.

Nik realized he hadn't snagged on the box, and instead, his pant leg was caught in a tight grip.

It ended when I lost your love.

"It's...o-okay. Y-you w-weren't yours...yours.....self." The beautiful blond had her hair splayed out like yellow watercolor inks bleeding out into that pink and magenta scrawl of paint, now poured out like it had been on the floor all along, a sea of it. Everywhere he looked, it was there. Her pale skin nearly glowed, he stared down at her, and she looked up at him with the sweetest smile on her face. Her neck had been gouged open with what seemed to be an animal's fangs, raw marks, cut in deep splintering the skin, bones and muscles crunched but she was still somehow speaking.

Nik's face fell and he couldn't force a word to speak, and instead, turned away and puked all over the floor. The sound of his heaving crashed against the now skipping record of this godforsaken music, the ending lyrics resounding over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, numbingly. Deafeningly. He hurled, Penny grasped his pants tighter and he fell to the side.

He knew this wasn't something he could ever do to any of them. This was a trick. A trap. It wasn't real. He'd never.

The blond skittered back, now almost coated in their brilliant waste, and ripped free both his knives, edging back to the corner of the wall. Staring at both their dead bodies. He used the wall to balance himself and stand, the record stopped skipping, and all was silent.

"I know I wouldn't do this...so...stop fucking around..." he said, hesitating, stepping forward with his blades raised, hands shaking. He knocked over the flower in its vase and black ink spilled out instead of water, coating the floor. The flower, when it fell, became a painting itself, on that red background, the bright magenta blood.

"I'd never. You're telling me I..." Nik heard a sound, not unlike Diana's murmurs, and jerked his head to see the source, only to find a strangely lit mirror. Like the rest of this fun house bullshit, his reflection was lit in blues and pinks. His face shone back at him, and his eyes...were not his eyes.

They were like the color of the floor now. And instead of a trembled lip, he wore a smile.

Nik dropped his blades with a wet shlink to the ground, and he stared at his image, terrified to open his mouth.

For fear of what he, it, that...might say.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — Just really not great.
BGMGARBAGE - RUN BABY RUN [/div]

b4876e4fe9d0e94ab4c15fa042b25e04.jpg

"You loved it." It fucking spoke.

Nik stared at his reflection, and drew closer to the mantle of this mirror that had seemingly cropped up out of nowhere, slogging through the thick paint that was now up past his ankles. He looked back at himself, harrowed, gripping the mantle. Nik bowed his head and started to sob. Hot, wet tears tore down his face. This was cruel. Crueler than cruel. He would never have subjected anyone to this. This wasn't real. It wasn't.

"This is fucking bullshit!" Nik let out a deafening roar and smashed the mirror with his fist, the glass shards flying into the air like a thousand little stars, and hovering. The shards, hovering. It was gorgeous, in a way. Glinted lights, chrome, cast out in pinks, yellows, purples, and everything, sharp. A freeze frame of that mirror, broken, at different levels, making a crystalline sound. A shimmering harp, or chimes, twisting in the air. Then the mirror reassembled itself, clinking back like chimes spindling in the air, back to where it belonged, perfect, whole.

"It's beautiful, right?" The visage said, looking him over in the mirror. Nik stared at it, aghast, staring at himself, the thing's eyes flickering like an oil slick in the center.
"Look around. Really. Just look around."

Nik stared at his fist, his knuckles bruised. A purple bruise, but too purple. He twisted and turned to look at the display of carnage, the flower painted into the floor now, staring at the room. A still life. A still life of two murders. Surreal looking, in neons and jarring colors, but...it was beautiful. Maximalist, anachronistic, striking. And beautiful.

"See?" The thing in the mirror piped up, Nik looked at it dead in the eyes, and it winked at him. An uncanny gesture, one he used often, just like he would have.
"But...how? She was downstairs...and..." The blond's gaze flickered, he searched with his eyes, trying to remember. That distant gaze, flipping through mind movies, trying to make sense of all this.
"Was she? They're all gone. You know you're crazy, and very creative, so why wouldn't you just paint reality any color you wanted? " As if a camera were panning, sweeping above a cut-out set, Nik could experience and see, like an observer, the other rooms on this level. Each like a disturbing art piece, each framed beautifully, as if the creative director was making masterworks of each of them. This film was abominable.

Ezra in soft repose, head bashed in with what looked to have been a heavy bookend. A bust of some old figure, in marble, someone of literary merit he was partial to. Covered in blue ink, dark, deep so dark its black in the center, the thinner layers creeping to blue. A blood splash, but twilight colored, with little stars.

Then came a swift sweep to Stella, curled up in the corner, in a brilliant red dress. The dress was somehow a part of her body, scrawled open with a direct line over her hips like a botched c-section, tulle flowing out from the wound, her eyes ripped from her face and placed in her hands.

Haruka was torn in thirds, each section plastered with the page of a very inappropriate comic book, her blood had seeped through them, her fingers broken and shoved into her mouth. Her green eyes deadened and covered with sparkled acrylic medium, almost like a bastardization of an anime character.

Grigs had gotten the statue treatment, sliced up and reassembled like a macabre sculpture, sewn back together with fishing wire and sinew, staples in places. His room was gray, with a splash of sage green across him and onto the floor, like spray paint.

"Make believe they're still there, when they're all over the fuckin' place. Each room an art piece. An art installation. Lovely, right?"

James was halfway through the ceiling and through the floor of the room above, cut in two, and pinned in place with industrial grade adhesive, his head careened to the side, neck apparently broken. Both his rooms were pure white, and the one that held his torso, with his arm outstretched like Adam's fingers, reaching for God, held Alaska.

She played God in this piece, fingers reaching, she was cut into slides. Transparent pieces, thousands of them, picked apart like dissections. The camera shifted to focus on the front of her. All together, whole at this angle.

Her pelvis was shattered.

"She was a fun one. You, we, I...we were gentle with her. She fought very hard though when you pinned her down, and ruined her. But you were cooing, telling her it'd be alright. It was touching as fuck. " Niks mouth hung open in horror, his eyes glassy, he was seeing all this, but here in this room, with this thing.

Velska was covered in flowers, they were stuffed in her mouth, primrose pink, everywhere there was a place to put them, cuts in her arms held more. Her room was sage green. Darius was at the other corner of the room, his eyes removed, and instead, two poppies grew from them, his hands clasped in his lap, awkwardly.

Emma was poised in a topiary garden, with organs whittled into trees. Reverie's beautiful locks made up bindings she was tied down in...he could only assume the rest of the organs were...Reverie's.

Jaemin had his head removed and placed in his own hands, blood falling from the head clutched in his hands, but instead of red, it was gold. The entire room was chrome silver, and he had a giant lotus flower stuffed in his mouth, the tips of his fingers golden, and dripping.

Luci was in a room filled with crosses, spun upside down, a black room with white crosses, a white spotlight on his form. Nik shuttered at this display, he was in a position Nik didn't even want to think about. On his knees, face scraped on the floor like he had been dragged by a car over the black tiles.

Nik stepped back from the mirror, trembling. He then leaned in forward, staring at his own eyes now in that reflection. Pulling down his eyelid with his finger to gaze, to check for that telltale red, it wasn't there. Nothing was there, it was normal. He was normal. None of this was real.

"This isn't possible."

Adisa was in a black room with glow in the dark chalk and paint over it, in patterns of snakes and other wildlife, little plastic stars all over his body. His skull paint glowing in the black-light. The stars were stuck into him with little needles, keeping them in place.

The blond decided at that moment, that he was going to bolt. Clearly, this was all shades of wrong, and clearly he was in deep shit. He'd never have done this to any of them. He'd never have done this, and that thing was a liar, and it wasn't real, and he was going to get the fuck out of this mansion. He turned abruptly, and bolted out of the door he had come from. Somehow, he was back in that room once more.

He bolted again, flinging the door nearly off its hinges.

Again, he was in the same room. He looked back, and saw himself in the room, running in the opposite direction. Like a mirror, towards the same door he was now in. He stopped at the door, his reflection did as well. Both twisted open the handles, meeting each other's gaze, and pushed through. He repeated these attempts at fleeing for what felt like hundreds of times, his heart pounding in his ears.

Finally, he bolted one last time, and was stopped. With...himself.

The one from the mirror looked at him, brushed Nik's hay colored hair behind his ear and smiled, strong brow arching as he examined...himself. The real Nik, the Nik that...Nik thought he was...

"Confused?"

[/div][/div]
[/div]

penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
James Lakyr Lakyr and poor Nik BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
Music/Mood
Torches
OOC
SHE CAN'T DO ANYTHING... cos this ain't done yet >:)
HOUSE OF HORRORS

“So, uhm, what exactly are we doing to help the others now?” James had asked, and Penny took a second to consider his words. For the most part, she was only just barely getting a grasp on their purpose. Two other dreamers they had freed, but how many were left? What sorts of nightmares were coming? Would they be able to save everyone?

“I really… don’t know,” Penny admitted, running a hand through her hair. She tied her coat around her waist. “I don’t know much, that is. Most of the basic information I got was from Woofus, and he only knows our goal. From what I can tell, we spectate, and we can intervene if needed. But what it looks like is that the dreamers must wake themselves up. These are our hells…”

~

This particular nightmare she had trudged along on her own, an observant watcher—but ever silent. The others she told to stay behind for now, unless something really went wrong. Penny watched from the shadows of the room as Nik stood up and made his way around. Her own sleeping form had nested with Woofus on the ground, which was already an error. I fell asleep on the couch, demon. You couldn’t even get that right, could you? It started off fairly benevolent, and not unlike her own nightmare. Things would start of sweet and realistic --but sickeningly sweet—before hitting the fan in an exploding pile of shit.

She watched him maneuver, and she was remorseful that they hadn’t an extra moment together before all of this happened. Something to tether her a bit deeper to his nightmare, perhaps, but it didn’t matter—he just needed to wake up.

But Nik continued to search about for Rhys… Rhys had to have been the man who Penny had healed. The electric air that had been between Nik and Rhys, and their clear affection for each other, melted her heart. This made her heart sink, because she realized the demon was going to use this against him. Nik wasn’t an idiot, but there were moments when he… wasn’t the smartest. His innate desire to follow his loved ones to the ends of the earth, and then fling his own self over the edge to spare them, was a weakness. Penny inhabited this weakness as well, and she did not condemn him for it. She just wished he could see what she was seeing, and know what she knew. Come on… stop walking. Realize, realize… this is a dream Nik! She didn’t want to jump in too early, lest he not even consider her. It felt so real that he wouldn’t believe her, for sure. She needed him to believe her. But not now.

Penny trailed behind, Nik going up the stairs and disappearing down a hall. She bit her knuckles, looking around. The scene began to bleed into the neon colors, shifting and fading like a spinning concoction of bubble bath water and paint. The stairs bled away, and Penny made her way up them with haste. She’d keep following. She’d keep watching. Her soul held an entire embrace out for Nik, and she was prepared to swoop in and dash these nightmares from his mind.

Things went to hell quickly. The door slammed behind Nik and wouldn’t open for Penny. She pressed her ear against it, music pumping as if beneath layers of earth and dirt. She closed her eyes to focus harder. She didn’t want to leave Nik the whims of that damned demon. That damned demon.

A scream. Rhythmic music. God, it really was something out of the deepest pits of hell. She bit back tears from hearing her friend in such distress. Then the camel’s back broke as a piece of straw pierced Penny’s ears.

Penny!” Rage filled the blonde and she pressed through the door, slipping through it like it was made of yogurt. Her own anger was hot and pumping like molten silver through her veins. She melted through the door with a sheer desire to combat whatever hell had taken Nik.

Once she entered, a small part of her regretted it. Truly, she didn’t know what to expect. The reasoning behind Nik’s call of her name was not for help, as it appeared. Her own dying body lay rotting on the floor, faintly shifting and gesturing. The man was in distress, deeply. Penny felt tears pinprick her eyes, but horror forced her to stare intently at her own massacred body. A heat washed over her, replacing the anger with absolute terror. Her gaze flickered to the other body, opened and split like a fruit on the ground. Rhys. Penny stomached her terror, one hand pressing against her midsection and the other laying across her mouth. She had seen truly terrifying things—her own nightmare had been something straight from a circle of hell… but this? This was…

Oh, Nik…” She sobbed quietly, staring in abject horror from the corner of the room she had backed away into. Tears streamed down her eyes.

The colors and the pictures of the room reminded Penny of the gallery that she had first met Nik at. An artistic soul, with tumultuous and living oceans within him. He’d captivated her in his strange way. It was as if she had been a moth drawn toward the flame. He was fireworks of color and spilling neon. She was a somber, delicate blue that longed for the light. Her mind lingered for a moment on the past... then was slammed abruptly back to the future as she watched Nik smash the mirror.

This was not a beautiful painting of the female body and dripping colors. This was blood and this was torture. This was death and this was destruction. This was darkness... that she didn't know Nik had. The demon was taking advantage of it, but she struggled to comprehend that her friend could be capable of something like this; at any level.

Penny continued to stare, unsure of what to do. So much carnage… and Nik began to become enveloped by the violence. A threatening embrace that made her burning soul rage with a deeper flame. For the first time, she didn't know what to do now. Did she step in, and shake him? Or let him plunge deeper and deeper into the darkness that teased to consume.

Last edited:
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — i hate this demon.
BGMPIXIES - WHERE IS MY MIND [/div]

c65cc57b5f3f5334cd2fae4c22748e42.jpg

The camera did a final sweep of one last room, Diana, in flesh and blood, fumbling in nude colored heels. Her dress torn from her body, half-hanging on, in deep twilight sky. She suffered to drag herself across the floor, trying to get to a red-orange doorway. She had an iron poker shoved through her midsection, bleeding from the wound, her stomach slightly distended. The poker caught flame and she screamed out a guttural cry, the cacophony bouncing off the walls.

A swatch of light descended in front of Penny, the real Penny, sweeping her up in another one of this bastard demon's paintings. Ripped right from Nik's mind, a portrait he really had done for her and of her, once. Baby blues and angelic light, nouveau Renaissance. He had painted her all the colors he felt. She looked heaven-sent.

Nik flung a gaze at it as the canvas shuttered, pressing Penny back to the wall, but there she was again, staring back at him, twins in the room, both paintings. He couldn't do this.

Nik shut his eyes. He couldn't watch this anymore. He just couldn't.

"...yes," the blond replied, thoroughly confused, the creature tilting his chin up, its red eyes baring down at him until his eyes shot open, to stare. Nik felt around for his knives, a lighter, something anything, and was about to curse under his breath.
"'Fuck', right?" the thing asked, a sick grin spreading across his face. Sinister, and amused, but almost sympathetic in a way. Nik pitying Nik. This was maddening.
"....yes." It turned his head over to examine him, eyes raking over his skin. Looking at him like he was a fucking meal. Face too close for comfort, he stared at every pore on his own fucking face, and tried to turn away, but it caught his neck to hold him still, and kissed the shell of his ear, to twist in a whisper. Nik clenched his hands at his sides, and the thing continued to lavish him with affection as it spoke.

Nik's heart run ragged in his chest. There was no escaping this, what he was. What this was. He had done this, he knew. And if he hadn't done it now, if this was all some sick game, he'd do it eventually. The scenes were grotesque, but all of them worthy of his gallery—Black Mass. The words drew up on the far corner of the wall, pilling in as if embossed, slowly, then the logo of it. In black like the night, on pink, it was perfect.

"When it happened, when you finally hit the end of your road, you made me up." Nik tried to pull away, hands on the grasp this creature had on him, clawing at those fingers, but it did nothing. He was helpless, it drew closer, to coo into the shell of his ear. Not unlike a lover would. Words soft, the creature's nose nuzzling into his neck.
"It was too much for you to handle, so you made all this." Nik choked back a scream, it was halted by this doppelganger's impossibly strong grip.
"If you just give in, take a taste, and accept it..." The blond fought against the grip again, trying to pull shadow from the ground to rip it away from him, use his affliction to get himself free, but a spotlight switched on. And the shadows died. The light blaring against them both, painting them in teal shades.
"I'll go away, and it'll just be you."
"Sound good?"

"No. It sounds fucking...stupid," he mouthed back, but the thing held his neck tighter, and Nik's protests were crunched like his neck was being compressed.
"We enjoy this. You can't lie to me. We're really fucked up, aren't we? Twisted. The lines are always blurry where violence is concerned. That's how...that one happened," the creature said, twisting Nik to face Rhys' body, splayed out as it had been before, burst open like a rotten fruit.
"We came up here to get away, you know, play a game of grab ass. One thing lead to another, and we ended up going too far. Emotions and all that, triggering the final descent. He tasted...amazing." The doppelganger's grip grew impossibly tight, Nik's dark blue gaze started to falter.

"...that's bullsh—" He was trying desperately to maintain his sense of reality. Nik was skilled at categorizing what was real, and what was fake. But this had all been gradual enough, charming enough, and intimate in all the trappings of phrases, songs, and artistry that he had been distracted. Even if it felt surreal, it beguiled. That was the way to get around his capacity for divinating illusion and reality. Make it wonderful, horrible, beautiful, and sick enough that he couldn't escape even if he wanted to. This thing had gotten a foothold.

And it wasn't letting go.

The creature wielded him not unlike a camera on a shaken, battered tripod. Shifting him in a sweep to stare down at Penny once more, her mouth moving mechanically. The flower on the floor had run red, black, green and white into her. And she was now part of a three dimensional painting, a tapestry, one new he had apparently made. Breathtakingly beautiful with her glowing pale skin, the color of her eyes blown out to sea-and-sky green.

"And poor, poor Pennysworth...she came up here because she heard a strange sound. Not the regular kind—we're usually loud—but the scuffle...she got that beautiful throat of her's ripped out by our teeth. It's what she always wanted, anyways, right?" The creature's face spread into a sick grin. One he would wear, actually, which disturbed Nik even more. Not more than the magenta blood coming from her neck turning into flowers, however. Small little buds grew, flourished, twisting on long-stemmed poppy flowers. To burst open, the centers jeweled in little bits of yellow and black. The blackness dripped down the sides like ink, down the stems, onto the magenta, and made more flowers.

Nik's eyes raked across the scene, and he felt like he was going to puke again, but this thing was keeping him locked in place. He was barely able to speak or think, let alone upchuck.
"Think. We woke up, there on the floor, it was a bit pink, hm? I came back downstairs like nothing happened, and you woke up." Its voice was tender, pulverizing him in that way he knew he could be when he really, really wanted something. So fucking persuasive, a talent this apocalypse had pushed to beyond eleven. Like a promise behind its—his—their teeth. Stuck behind his lips, all you had to do was be within earshot.

Nik tried to pull away, but it gripped him tighter, spinning him to wrap its arms around his chest from behind, and suddenly it wasn't just this thing, it was a million different hands, pitch black and charcoaled, shadows. Shadows like his affliction, holding him in place, clawing at his skin, binding him to stay. To look. To witness what was, or would possibly be. This was why he had been chosen by Hell, the hands seemed to speak without words. Always a sinner, always, they seemed to chant voicelessly.

Always this abomination.

"It's...not possible. They'd fight me off. Grigs would've—" he would've spat this out like a weapon, but it came out like a dull whimper, only a hint of his razored, defiant grin in place. A shadow or a ghost of that haughtiness, he was being broken like a fucking mare.
"Not only is it possible, but it's what fuckin' happened," the creature grinned as Nik would, the same fucking smile, and ripped his hair back to expose his throat, the hands grasped him, and he felt his heart...quite simply breaking. His doppelganger pulled tighter, Nik could hear the bones in his neck popping, his muscles screaming. It knew just what he wanted, and just what he needed, and every single way to break him down, beat through his defenses. Whatever this was...whatever it was. Be it himself, be it an illusion, be it something worse than either of those things, it was conquering him.

It had pried open his mind like an insidious tome, rifled through its pages, and plucked out the bits that would hurt the most. Pulled at the parts to gain his attention, to nudge the sweet spots that would confuse him, contradict his greater demons with his lesser angels, and spiked it all with desire.

"...this is nice, isn't it?" It breathed into his ear, prickling his skin. A linseed oil tear fled from Nik's eye, down to his cheek, and pitched off of his face, to drop in that pink inked blood on the floor, now up to his knees.

"Yes. It's nice."
"Good boy."

[/div][/div]
[/div]

[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — sduegiehrjthtrktASFsgdgHf fGJGjjg
BGMROXY JULES - DON'T TRUST THE DEMONS [/div]

63a27c660ea9222c7d6330b32a8e87f7.jpg

The room spun in richness of color, color so bright it almost made a sound. Little shapes in the mind of how bright and attractive everything was. The poppy flowers of Penny's wounds bursting to lay petals like a site of worship. The lines of crucifixes painted themselves on the walls, and those lines began to emboss. Pushing through the walls like distended pieces of metal, to poke through the fabric, and then light themselves in color.

Candles lined the room, guiding a way towards an old oak bed frame with a ruined mattress, sopped in paint, smeared in paint thinner enough to sting his eyes from across the room, and littered with gold-dusted fingerprints. It became a clear symbol of the fact that he had made his bed, and now he'd need to sleep in it. To accept that all this had happened, it was all his own doing.

He was sick, he'd always been sick, the apocalypse had just ramped it up a few notches. He belonged to this. He belonged to Hell.

The yellow bird's soul was forever ruined, no matter how brightly it shined, and how much it tried to fly towards something better. Flitting from perch to perch, each branch burning to ash, yet it still kept flying. Hoping the blackness of its burdens wouldn't weigh it down forever. But it was a parasite, perhaps of his own making, possibly there always, and he'd always have to carry it.

God...had abandoned him long before Nik had denounced religion. Long, long before.

No love for this child.

The blackened hands clawed and brought him to his knees. His doppelganger standing over him, his hand still clenched in his hair, and lifted his head to look him in the eyes. The creature stooped, scooping with his hand through the tremor of paint, to unearth a vibrant flower from that thick magenta, its leaves coated in the stuff, the sweet smell stinging his nose.

It was a magnolia, but larger, tender petals thick, covered in the glisten of inks, veins pulsing inside of each petal. Like a heartbeat. Thrumming, stopping, thrumming.

"Here. Be a good slut, open up."
"Please, stop this," Nik tried to shift away, but the creature held him in a thrall. It was too much. It was all so beautiful, and all so disgusting. It was humiliating. His arms felt heavy, his body felt weakened, limbs tingling. Whatever he—it—this thing was doing, it was draining his resolve dry. And making him feel heavy, exhausted, and the fire he'd usually have was shuttering to a dull nothing.

"If you accept it, I'll be gone. You'll be you, in control, you. Hmm? What do you say?" Nik said nothing, but the creature tipped his head, and pressed the flower to his lips, urging him to accept what it was he really was. This felt like...this felt like the day he had realized he needed to learn to fight. The day he met Henry.

There was always a reason for what he did, and learning to protect himself in the neon glowing streets of New York had a purpose. The flower crushed against his lips, and he shut his eyes. This was like it had been before. But he had been so, so lucky then. He had had a hero at one point. Someone to change the very course of his life. But...

There was no Henry rushing this time to knock this fucker to the ground. No Henry to teach him how to fight, to be there to protect him, no fast limbs to run.

"And when you're done..." The candles by the far corner of the room flickered. Nik tried to turn away, but he already knew what was there. He had made his bed, and he had to lay in it. This was where Leraje would pick his soul from his throat and he'd be left a shell on the other side. But all Nik knew was that he'd take this bitter pill, lay down, and possibly wake up whole again...whole, and fully afflicted.

The creature dragged the flower across his cheek, it clung onto his skin, skidding. It felt the same. This was the same thing. This doppelganger, this self, this other...knew exactly what had happened. He knew exactly how to break him.

Accept it, be this, it's what's real. If not now, later. If not now, inevitable. To be this creature, this terrible thing, that would kill the ones he cared for, defile them, and the one he had hoped...

He swallowed it, forced down without breathing. Like that time so long ago, to just get it over with.

At this juncture in the past, Henry had become a hero. There was no one here to stop this now. He was weak, and this was where all the hangups came from. All the blurred lines between what was supposed to hurt, and what felt like heaven.

"It got in too early, you know. Made a mark. You'd give your soul for this, and you already have. Twisted beyond repair." Crunch, his molars ground the fruit of his sin into small bits, the ones he couldn't just swallow, and the tears just wouldn't stop. No one to save him this time. Limbs too heavy to fight back, as if drugged. No one to stop it this time. This thing had found even his deepest, most carefully guarded wound. One he had only ever shared with two people: Henry, and Diana.

Not even Penny was privy to how Henry and Nik had first met. Not even Percy knew just how much Nik owed his life and his somewhat-normal-fucking-human-functionality to the brit.

He'd have just been given sympathetic stares, and he'd have to open up the wound again for them to see. It had taken an inordinate amount of counseling to get past it. And here it was again, as he chewed, harrowed, feeling small again. Small, and weak. A tender broken thing.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?"

The creature and the hands dissipated like scattered charcoal dust, and he was left with a very real, very realistic looking set of murders. On the far corner, a bed he'd need to lay down in. To finish this. To fully accept the consequences of his actions. No more pink and cyan, no more blue, no more paintings, no more fun colors, no more music. No more painting reality the way he wanted it to be. He had done all this, because he was wrong, and broken, and had never truly healed.

Hell had been smart, or perhaps they'd just gotten lucky, to nab this prized fucking gemstone of a fuck-up for their side.

He crunched on those petals, they broke apart in his mouth. They tasted fatty, they tasted irony, rich meaty, raw, warm. He sat back on his rear, and looked at the blood on his hands, and continued to chew. It was all over his mouth, he felt it. The only sound was his eating, the music all gone now, he stared at his hands, and sobbed, hot, wet tears, they just wouldn't stop.

Nik stared for a time, mulling over the pieces in his mouth, glaring at the room now, eyes passing over each piece of destruction, foggy. Glassy. This was a heart. He was eating a heart, that's what it must have been. He struggled to find his words, his throat seizing, lips in a tremble. It took an inordinate amount of strength to wield his vision away from the blood on his hands, and the carnage he had created.

"𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒹, 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓃 𝒾𝓉" A voice warbled out from the very air around him.

His cigarette was sitting at his side, still lit, he saw. He picked it up, stuck it between his teeth, and inhaled. Smoke pooled from his nose and drifted into the air, but it hung, curiously.

One last vice before he'd make the trek to that very normal looking piece of furniture. One last bit of nicotine flooding his veins, smoke in his throat. Just one more thing, the last sweet thing in this place. Maybe whatever this was wanted to give him just one more thing. One last scrap of decency. A final cigarette.

He said nothing.
[/div][/div]
[/div]

[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

nikatnite.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
OOC — Definitely better.
BGMFLEETWOOD MAC - LANDSLIDE [/div]

original (1).gif

yare-yare-daze.gif

tumblr_ndg5ilNECK1tihdizo1_50055.gif

The smoke spindled in the air, twisting like a lifeline. It seemed to be inking backwards, towards him, not from him. It cast across the wall in the shape of a rectangle, now a clear window from his vantage point, where the real Penny was held to watch all this horror. A one-way mirror, the smoke spindling around her, licking her features, and whittling back.

Nik felt a scrape in the back of his head, not unlike a startling headache. A throb of some tense migraine, the smoke came towards him, it flickered. The creature hadn't made this.

"Oy, mate." The smoke played in shadow over the room, cutting the scene like a knife. Henry, beautiful, strong, stupid, kind Henry, knelt beside him. Like that eternally lit cigarette had been beside him this entire time.

"You're not really here, I saw you. You were dead." Henry made a sound with his mouth, like a pocket of air pressing on the side of his teeth. He took the blond's hands, covered in blood, and looked into his eyes.

"Just 'cause I ain' here, don' mean ya' don't need me." His eyes crinkled as he smiled his goofy smile, gaze sympathetic, warm, and bright. The room shifted, trying to blast out that fucking pink light again. It couldn't touch Henry, nor the blond, nor the window, Penny, or the smoke. The smoke stopped it, like a barrier. Somethings...this thing just couldn't touch.

"Alright...so...what are you then?" Nik took the cigarette from his mouth and placed it on the ground. It kept lit, and the ash didn't creep up its paper. Because none of this was real.
"Well, that fooker was roight, an' all that. Yer a few bloody fruitloops shyova' cereal bowl'n shit. But cha' always were, an' all that. So. I'm 'ere, cuz' yer crazy. " Henry took the blond's head in his hands, and searched his eyes. He was all too real. But this must have been another trick. It had to have been another trick. The pink light strobed and throbbed, and tried again to shirk away this tall friend, this former friend, this old memory, this hero. This stupid, stupid hero. But it couldn't.

"You saved me...and I had such a fuckin' a dumb crush on you for years," Nik said with a choked sound, Henry drawing his thumbs over his cheeks, over his eyebrows, underneath his eyes, to get rid of that glint of tears, that had run his body ragged.
"Yeh, yeh ya' did. But I'm roight stupid'n I din' get it, like normal I was dummer then shit," Henry chuckled, his eyes crinkled as he smiled a toothy grin.
"You also didn't like dudes." Nik offered, the corner of his mouth twitching to a small smile, feeling stronger. Laughter in all this hell...surely that was a strength he had all his own.
"Nope, dicks aint' fer me, an all that. But then Diana, ooh. Ouch. Girl hitcha like a tonno' bricks she did, right up in th' heart, jus' popped ya in the gut wit'it'all an' that was that." Nik shook his head, a smile playing on his face. Then that smile spread, and he grew to laughing. The two of them started up, playing off each other to laugh, and laugh.

"Remember when she first showed up and grabbed us both by the hands, and did that fucking weird dance, like the whitest dance I've ever seen in my life? Waggling her brows, I..." Nik was cackling, laughing so hard he cried. Henry was also laughing, a deeper laugh, his hands on his knees now, his chest heaving with how hard he was guffawing. To be clear, it was a guffaw.

"Yeh, yeh, an' I was all 'Oy, whats this bint doin' ere', and you were all 'She's in makeup you twat. She's not a bint, you stupid fuck'."
"And then you said, what was it? 'Oh? Oh. Roight, roight, My bad'. Penny gave you the angriest glare I've ever fuckin' seen on her face..." Nik was struggling for breath now, Henry's hands were on his shoulders as they were both wracked with painful laughter.

"What canni' say mate? I wasn' that bright, two bulbs too dim an all that. You were tressd up like fookin Bowie an' all that. I kept yaggin' like 'Thas one proper lush,''" Nik's mental approximation of his dear, dead and gone friend, was spot on.

"You were dressed as Batman. It was the worst costume I've ever seen. Olive had tried so, so hard but it was the worst. And you kept scratching like a psycho because it was wool.."
"I'm 'lergic," Henry said with a snort, as if defending his own honor.

"I..fuck I know, but goddamn..."

The two cackled for what felt like forever. Nik was sharing memories with...himself. Henry couldn't be here. And because Henry couldn't be here, this couldn't be real, and he couldn't have done any of this. Yet again, coming to save him. Like he had before. Rushing to slam his meaty fist into some asshole's face, to pull the tween up and away, and race down to the trains in Central. The two had sat there, Nik in literal shock, Henry kept glancing at the shorter boy. Nik had put his head in his hands, and the brit had placed an arm around him, to draw him close.

That had been the start of a friendship that really couldn't ever die, even if he was gone.

These little memories, these playing pieces. Possibly all pebbles, not a one a bishop, cloistered from the way the world was. They were a group stuck out of time. Different than most other people, different so they stuck together.

They had carved out their own little space in this world.

"I like 'im," the figment said with a coy smile, his strong brows pitching deviously.
"What?"
"I like 'im, I give me' stamp o' approvl, yeh? Nice ta' you, n'all. Think ya' both kina' weird n' sorts. Crazy for crazy, yeh? He's tall. Oy, like he played sports too. Got thems abs..." Henry said with a booming, short laugh, wagging his brows, and jabbing Nik in the arm to tease.
"
That hurt, you stupid shit! " Pretty soon they were punching at each other, hitting like boys do, and trying to one-up the other, but Nik was no match and got his arm twisted behind his back.
"
Ow! Hey! What the fuck..let go!"
"
Ya' good mate?"
"
Ya' good? S'not real, an all that. Ya' gotta' let us go sometime...an', you know. I dinni' think Pen or the 5-0'd letcha' get this bad, yeh?"

"You can trust 'em. New heroes an' all that. An' trust y'self, roight? Take a chance, put my faith in someone else. I thought I was beyond this, but, it's terrifying starting over. It's terrifying forgiving yourself. It's terrifying trusting yourself...."

"It's absolutely terrifying.But I...want to live. And not be in this place, not be stuck in the past, be here. In the present. I have to trust myself." Nik sat for a time, his own arm behind his back, head pitched forward, as he inhaled, deeply. Kept the air in his lungs, then spoke.

"Hard to trust myself when I'm so crazy I have to save my own ass with my stupid fuckin' imagination." He let the air out from his lungs in a deep sigh.

Nik picked up his cigarette, and grabbed the box of matches. He stopped speaking for a moment, realizing that Henry was gone, and the room was now empty. Completely empty save for his cigarette and a box of matches...and that mirror. That fucking mirror. The blond stood on shaken limbs and walked forward, tired, his neck bruised, his limbs aching.

It was his reflection. Nik took in a deep breath and faced it, staring into his own eyes. Nothing was changing. It was just...him. Harrowed but some laugh lines there. Scruffy-faced, disheveled hair, the catty smile.

"...I'm...letting you go now. I have to give up the ghosts sometime, right?" Silence. Nik's razor-sharp smile drew itself across his face, and he shook his head. Even his very real little ghost, in her natural colors, would need to be left behind. When that thought graced his mind, a sliver of a rectangular outline appeared in the far corner of the room.

Very nearly limping forward, his body aching and feeling perhaps more tired than he had in his entire life, Nik made his way to the outline. He knelt to the ground, struck the match in front of the outline, the paper burned up, and the door was blood red for a flicker of a moment. A canvas, set aflame, and now, ash and nothing. It peeled away in that flame, blistering like paint.

The window that had kept Penny at bay finally gave way and she tumbled out of it, the glass evaporating into the air. Had...she been here the entire time? Nik's brows raised farther than his hairline and he stared at her for half a beat, then looked away.

"Not a word." He helped her to her feet, but didn't look in her eyes.
"
Not now. Not a word."

The room started to twist in on itself like an M.C Escher drawing, and Nik grabbed Penny's arm. He pulled them through the doorway, behind them now a black void as the room collapsed in on itself.

The door slammed shut, and Nik laid out on the floor next to Penny. Shaken, but...okay. He had needed help to get through this, and so his mind did just that. The mind is a curious, miraculous thing, indeed.

Maybe, just maybe, the branches wouldn't smolder beneath his feet anymore. And maybe the flight wouldn't be so burdened, and he'd be able to land safely. Instead of hopping on the same broken support systems, held up by the ghosts he just couldn't let go of until now.

The little yellow bird would fly on.

[/div][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
Nik BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
Music/Mood
Super Heroes
OOC
its real tear hours
HOUSE OF HORRORS

God, it was awful to watch. Her own fear kept her rooted in place. Whatever morbid curiosity she had to see what would happen next evaporated the minute she watched the doppelganger of Nik try and assume control of the real man. It had been captivating to see the dance, and for a moment she was certain he’d get himself out… but then the charcoal claws of darkness snaked between Nik’s lips and kissed the man into oblivion. There was a dreadful silence as she watched him munch on a… heart. Her stomach leapt into her throat, and she knew now that she had to do something. No longer could she watch. If anything happened to him while she sat there and watched? She wouldn’t be able to live another day without festering wounds of guilt eating her up.

Penny lunged forward, but a wispy smoke encircled her. It pressed against her uncomfortably, almost halting her from moving. Her mind pictured arms holding her back. Penny was in tears now, full on sobbing, and she pounded against the invisible glass that held her back. She made no sound behind it and could only watch. Her hands slid down the glass and she held herself uncomfortably, feeling utterly useless. Something happened, however, and the smoke seemed to… console her. Momentarily, of course. Almost as if to say: “Don’t worry… Just watch.”

Reluctantly, she did. And she was extremely surprised.

Henry. He had shown up, and her heart leaped out of her chest. A strangled cry sprang from her mouth, but the window held her back. Was he really there? Her tears could only stream faster, and she prayed to God that Henry was alive and here now. It’d be like before! All friends again.

Her dreams were dashed the second she heard the dialogue between Henry and Nik. Dead. She deflated instantly but held an abject curiosity to see what would unravel before her. It was almost like a warmth spreading through her as she watched Henry reach out to the lost blond. She bubbled out a few laughs in response to their stories, and their exchange of memories and banter. It made her heart clench. It was unfair to Penny that so many good people were gone. This entire apocalypse had changed everything, but she was failing to see anything beneficial to its purpose. Apocalypses and Revelations… shouldn’t they warn? There was no warning… only blood, and loss between smoldering fires from hell.

Penny pushed her hair out of her face, breathing shakily in and out as she surveyed the scene. It was relieving to see that Nik was solving his own murder mystery, though it wasn’t as if she could truly do anything. It broke her heart a bit to know that she hadn’t done a damn thing… but sometimes that was what was best. She’d care for him afterward… that’s what Penny was best at. Cleaning up messes.

Nik set fire to the canvas, freeing himself of what threatened to lock the door to his personal prison and throw away the key. The window disappeared, and Penny didn’t realize that she had still been pressing up against it. She fell forward, splaying out her hands in front to catch herself from a broken nose. The air rushed out of her as she hit the ground, and a few extra tears fell. They had dried, for the most part, but it was hell to have watched all of that happen. Evening the ending was heartbreaking.

She looked up slowly, locking eyes with Nik.

Nik—” She tried to say, but as he helped her up he dismissed her.

Not a word. Not now. Not a word.”

Penny’s face fell further, a heavy weight between the two. He didn’t look at her, and simply pulled her out of the room. She stumbled along, and through the door they went. Spikes of red slivered into her vision, and she recognized that they were back in that red hall. Nik laid on the floor, and Penny settled down next to him. The floor was cold and hard, but grounding. She understood why he was here.

Somewhere behind, Woofus led the others back into the red hall. The dog looked back at the three males and shook his head. “Give them a minute.

Penny stared up at the ceiling, tears spitting the corner of her eyes again. Her head slowly turned to look at Nik. Neither said a word, for that moment. She caved in and let the words slip from her mouth, spilling like an anxious tidal wave.

Nik. I’m sorry. You and I saw what happened…” Her whisper broke off, voice lost. “But you had to believe it. T-To live it. That’s… something you can’t ever forget about.” She reached out a hand for the fingers she felt next to hers. Breathing deeply, and still shaking a bit. She laced her fingers with his and squeezed tightly. Grounding. She was here. They were both here. He was alive.

But you can move on. I know you will. What Henry said… what Henry is… means above all that you aren’t alone. You still have people who love you and who will never let you become the monster in that mirror.” Her mind recalled the disturbing images, and how resigned to his fate Nik had appeared at one point. That he could do this… frightened her, that wasn’t a lie. But she knew he had good.

Whatever you saw or felt Nik, that doesn’t cancel out the good in you. I know how good you are: In here.” She released his grip and sat up a bit, poking his chest lightly. She locked eyes with the man, and through tears, set a big grin on her face.

I’m not leaving Nik. Not anytime soon. Not again. And neither are you, dammit.” Determined. It wasn’t a suggestion, it was a statement. A demand.

Brushing away the tears, and the heat from her face, she stumbled to her feet. She reached out a hand to help the man up. They still had a long way to go, and it would only get harder.

[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]

teamalaska.jpg

𝘕𝘐𝘒𝘓𝘈𝘚 𝘓𝘐𝘈𝘔 𝘝𝘖𝘚𝘚
[div class=speakeasy2]LOCATION — Mansion from Hell.....not really
OOC — t_t why so many feels
INTERACTING WITH: Penny~ BELIAL. BELIAL.
BGMPHANTASMIC - EYES WITHOUT A FACE[/div]

f005a92685447e9e5bab3dc757d8fd30.jpg
Nik wasn't yet ready to talk about this just yet, he wasn't ready to unpack this at the moment, but Penny really wanted to.

Nik. I’m sorry. You and I saw what happened…But you had to believe it. T-To live it. That’s… something you can’t ever forget about.” She linked her fingers with his own as they lay on that fucking floor. Like they had just run miles and miles, maybe in a drunken three-legged race, hobbling over obstacles, finally to smash to the ground. Fingers shaking. But it wasn't a fun marathon, it had been torture. Torture. And not the kind he enjoyed, those had rules. This, it was beyond reprehensible, it was a pure nightmare. Terror in mental form. It had been white-hot terror, so bold as to wrack him senseless, to the point of accepting it.

Just so it would fucking stop.

His mind had been opened up, and some sick fuck had twisted their fingers into the guts of it all, pulled things out, and made him experience all of it. All of them, dying. Thinking he did that. And, much to his dismay, he very well could have. He'd have made any of those art pieces, easily. He knew each piece of each part, and what it took to make them. They weren't just machinations conjured up by a demon. They were parts and pieces he shoved aside, that the affliction thrummed within him to make manifest.

It gleaned his worst nature, spun it out into a sieve, filtered it, and painted it back up.

A menagerie of horror. Beautiful, beautiful horror.

He was capable of all of that. Had he been before? As he started to doubt himself, Henry's words came back to him, and he met Penny's gaze.

But you can move on. I know you will. What Henry said… what Henry is… means above all that you aren’t alone. You still have people who love you and who will never let you become the monster in that mirror.” He nodded as she spoke, trying to collect himself. He hadn't expected anyone to witness what had just happened. Had it only been her?

"I..."

Nik was speechless, staring at the ceiling of whatever this place was. He shifted to look past and over her head, to see a few of their companions, and...the dog. It looked like it was speaking to them. Nik narrowed his eyes, set his head back down, and let out a deep sigh.

She was trying, and he could see that. He needed an embrace, the words were...so painful to hear right now. And he could see just how frightened it had made her. How brave she was being. Brave Penny. Always brave.

Whatever you saw or felt Nik, that doesn’t cancel out the good in you. I know how good you are: In here.” Penny sat up and poked at his chest. He met her eyes and his deep blue gaze faltered, brows twisting up as he relented for half a gasp of a second, that faltered emotion. It was too fresh, this place, he couldn't unpack this right now. He closed his eyes to shut out the feelings, and opened them again, and gave her a small smile.

I’m not leaving Nik. Not anytime soon. Not again. And neither are you, dammit.
"Good...because I think I'd die of heartache if I lost you." A sobering sentiment, and he meant every word of it.

Penny helped him stand, and the blond fumbled to reach his knees. His body was wrecked. What had happened in there, he had felt it. His neck was bruised, his head hurt, his knuckles were bruised.The aching ribs and tensed muscles from that demon bastardess were still screaming at him. But mostly his ego...was bruised. If she had been the only one...then he could live with that.

He caught James out of the corner of his eye and hesitated. This was an ugly side he didn't want people to know about. But...he had to trust them. He had to trust that whatever happened, whatever was seen, whatever they'd go through, now and forever, they'd be there for each other.

Had she gone through something like this? Had all of them...? That idea...started to piss him off. It was one thing for him to be tortured. It was another thing entirely to have the people he cared about terrorized by something like this.

He paused for a few moments, then looped his arm over her shoulder to bring her close, to dip her head to his chest. He rested his face in her hair, and stood for a moment, in and out of time, remembering her before, and being with her now.

"Thank you." 'It's too much right now, but...thank you.'
"I missed you," he said into Penny's hair and kept her tight to him, hand on her shoulder, curling her inwards. They walked forward, and Nik narrowed his eyes at the dog, curiously.
"Let me guess. Some bastard is making us have the worst acid trip of all time? Basically?" he gave a snort, but it wasn't just a snort of annoyance. It was the broiling beginnings of anger.

"Are...you okay?" His concern turned to Penny now as they walked and he kept her close. She was warm, her hair was gold, she felt safe.

If this thing, whatever it was, whatever had done all this, had tormented him...

And them...

It wasn't going to like that ugly side of Nik that it had just seen. The one it had opened up to stick its stupid fucking head into like watching a motherfucking matinee. If it was something that was real, and they all weren't just high off of the worst drugs known to mankind, he'd find it. He'd kill it, and it would not like what he did to it before he killed it.

He couldn't very well murder drugs, so he was hoping it had a functional body. So he could very nearly murder it. Then have one of the whitelighters revive it. Then he could murder it again. But before any of that, he'd enact visceral bloody fucking justice.

In all the colors afforded to him, to paint that brutality.

He was growing more pissed off with each step. Anger, anger was good. Because anger got shit done, and it meant he had a place to put all these emotions, towards a sinister little shit that he'd stick his boot, so far, up it's ass, that it'd be coughing up leather rinds and puking jean scraps for years.

But if it was a drug, a spell with no master, or some nebulousness, formless shit, he'd be out of luck. No, not out of luck. This was something unholy. It'd be time, then, to take the war to Satan's gates and beat him shitless with his own dismembered dick. Nik didn't fuck around.

Whatever destructive process his ego had just gone through, Nik mentally thanked the purveyor of these sick delights. Whoever, or whatever, it may have been. Because it'd gotten him past the hump of that demon brawl, of finding Penny again, of the past, of what he was, and of what he feared most.

It had had the complete opposite effect as intended.

Their enemies wouldn't know what hit them.
[/div][/div]
[/div]

penelope vale & woofus

Interaction
Nik BasiliskVeranda BasiliskVeranda
Music/Mood
Sincerity is Scary
OOC
boner power
HOUSE OF HORRORS

She was glad he was taking her kindness. She had hoped he would, but she wouldn’t have been surprised if he was still upset from the ordeal. It had been a lot, and she wouldn’t have wanted to keep the wound open and raw. When she assured him she wouldn’t leave, he responded so soundly she was sure she couldn’t smile any wider. “Good…because I think I’d die of heartache if I lost you.” He said, and Penny squeezed his hand tightly as she pulled him up. She watched him waver and wobble, and noticed physical wounds left behind from the nightmare. She stared at them intently a free hand held out a few inches on top of the bruises on her neck. It made her angry knowing that Nik had gotten hurt. A blistering, smoldering anger that she kept settled. Not now. She had to stay strong. By proxy, she knew it would make him strong too.

He held her tightly and Penny relished in the touch. Her fondness for the man did not go unnoticed. It was a long-lost friend, finally reunited. She was sure the others could put the pieces together, but she hoped to God it wasn’t in a romantic direction. She was over that, far over that. The blood of the covenant kept the two close, far beyond any water of the womb that a sibling-like connection would have. Nik made her feel sound and rooted in the now. Too often had she gone flitting from the past to the future, and then eventually avoiding the past altogether.

She remained remorseful that she had left the second her sister came back.

I missed you too.” She muttered, smiling into his shoulder. Woofus sat and barked at the two.

Let me guess. Some bastard is making us have the worst acid trip of all time? Basically?” Nik asked. Penny sighed.

Something like that. But we can’t get out of the trip until we wake everyone up. According to Woofus, anyhow.” Penny shrugged, looking down at her feet as they walked.

Are…you okay?” Nik asked, and Penny looked up at him. Her mouth straightened into a firm line. She had to take a moment to consider the question. She’d reacted pretty complacently to this whole situation. Waking nightmare? Oh, that’s alright. Talking dog? Probably have seen worse, no doubt. Just witnessed your best friend’s inner nightmares that included your own brutal murder? Oh, it’s fine, he needs your help anyway. But had she really stopped for a second to consider how she was really feeling?

Truthfully, she wasn’t okay. Slowly the pieces were coming together about their mission and their goal, but at the same time it felt like everything was falling apart. She was lucky that these people were able to wake themselves up, less so with outside intervention, because it meant less meddling. There was a… breach of privacy, to any extent, when you were subject to watching someone’s nightmares. It was their fears and their insecurities. It was a part of themselves that nobody would be allowed to see.

But it didn’t matter, to her anyway, if she wasn’t okay. Or even if she was. She had to stay strong. For Nik, for everyone. She had to keep it together.

Noticing the anger blossom within Nik as they walked, her heart broke again. He was piecing together the situation and looking at the small group of people they had acquired. She bit her lip and stopped their walk to envelop him completely. She held him just as tightly as she had the first time she had seen him again, near death and in the back of a truck. She squeezed him tightly and breathed in that cigarette smell that he always toted about. Penny closed her eyes and just held him. She let the beating of both their hearts subside to a healthy tapping.

I’m okay.” She said, pulling back and guiding him back toward the group. Woofus tapped his tail again, eyeing Nik suspiciously.

“So, uh, whatever happened… glad you’re both here… alive… not killed by your nightmare. Niklas.” Woofus cleared his throat, looking away. Penny glared at the dog, who met her eye and then made a strangled noise again. “Anyway! We’ve got another dream to tackle…Nik, I don’t know if Penny’s enlightened you, but we’ve got dreams to bust and dreamers to free. There’s a demon holding us here and to escape we have to help and guide dreamers to the end. This hall.

Penny nodded, turning to Nik and squeezing his side. “Rhys has to be somewhere. We’ll get him out Nik. Use your boner power to find him.” She whispered the last bit into his ear, giggling a bit. Oh, he was rubbing off on her again. This had happened before, and Penny was capable of being serious… but Nik brought out a goofier side of her. A subtle snark.

Woofus glared. “So how about we head out, yeah?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back