• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gwalihir

Everyone needs a place they can go to hang out, have a drink, let down your guard and be social. Whether you’re a Vampire, Lycan, fae or some other near-human entity, that place could be the bar & grille known as Last Castle. You’re safe there: all preternaturals who enter are suppressed to human norms while in the bar. Lycans and fae can’t shift, vampires lack their supernatural strength, etc. And humans don’t come here: a spell of Distraction draws them away. Only the owner, a vampire named Tom Nelson, and his bouncers are still at full strength. Maybe something about those medallions they wear around their necks, but don’t try to grab one: they really don’t work that way.

In the outside world, everybody is at the throats of preternaturals different from them. Tom is determined to create an oasis away from it all: a place where all preters can talk in peace. Some kind of peace there must be, or humans will find out about the existence of preters and wipe us all out. We can’t have that. So come, grab a beer and save our world from itself.

OOC Characters RP

Last edited:
What is Tom up to right now ... i have a idea im thinking of not trying to rush for him to stop what he's doing just trying to plan out how to have my character act for the moment

I'm very interested! Are there limits on what creatures can be played? I was thinking a dragon with a human form, if that would fit your world.

Im definitely intrested!
Dear Dani: Please excuse the delay in my reply: I simply did not see your message until now. I am open to any character that is not too overpowered, who can pass for human outside the bar and remain limited to human capabilities while within the bar. My original intent was vampires, werewolves and fae, but everyone keeps submitting characters outside these lines, and I couldn't be happier.

Please feel free to submit any character concept that fits the three rules I have set above, and I will gladly consider them as possibilities.

Sincerely,

Gwalihir Gwalihir

What is Tom up to right now ... i have a idea im thinking of not trying to rush for him to stop what he's doing just trying to plan out how to have my character act for the moment
*chuckles* You have caught Tom "in a private moment" with Mai. She has overheard the ruckus, though, and is sending him back upstairs, so you will meet him in a minute or so.

I'm very interested! Are there limits on what creatures can be played? I was thinking a dragon with a human form, if that would fit your world.
Dear Miko:
I am open to any character that is not too overpowered, who can pass for human outside the bar and remain limited to human capabilities while within the bar. My original intent was vampires, werewolves and fae, but everyone keeps submitting characters outside these lines, and I couldn't be happier.

A dragon pushes the limits, but if we can find a way to cut down the power level I will consider it. Is he/she a fledgling? Cursed to be unable to breathe? A species of dragon that does not breathe fire? Some other concept that reduces their power to a reasonable mode?

Please feel free to submit any character concept that fits the three rules I have set above, and I will gladly consider them as possibilities.

The game is going well, but we would love to have some new blood as far as writers. Please don't hesitate to reply: we are pretty flexible on characters, and we promise adventure and fun.

I'm interested! is this still open? Also~ are we using Anime/Art Fc's?
Hi! Yes, we are still open. We are into whatever art grabs your fancy, whether actual photos or Art/Anime. Dunno if you saw these rules elsewhere, so I'll mention them again:

1) Not too overpowered: trying to keep it down to earth.

2) Must be able to pass as human, whether they look human normally or not. When in the bar their appearance will remain totally human.

3) Please post at least 1 to 2 paras, and make sure you give something your fellow players can react to.

Thinking of adding a 4) When it's your turn, please post at least within 48 hours. Others are waiting on you.

So: got anything special in mind? When I first started I was expecting lots of weres and vamps, but my players keep surprising me with off the wall charries, and I couldn't be happier. If you've got a funky idea and don't know if it fits, let me know and we can discuss. I think I've only turned down one or two charries since we started, and those were way overpowered.

Look forward to hearing from you!

EmmaIine EmmaIine

Hello! If you're still open to request, I'm interested. I was wondering a young girl born human who was granted water abilities thanks to a contract(?) made by her ancestors with an each uisge (Fae) would be accepted;

Hello! If you're still open to request, I'm interested. I was wondering a young girl born human who was granted water abilities thanks to a contract(?) made by her ancestors with an each uisge (Fae) would be accepted;
Hello! You say your character is human, but granted water abilities by the fae? Yes, by all means that fits our rules. I would want a few details such as the extend of her powers and such, but you definitely are in the right ball park.

We'll look forward to hearing more from you about your charry!

Bump! We are definitely still open at this time. Looking for literate, creative writers who like to do more than the minimum number of sentences, who know how to interact with other players / characters, with character suggestions that aren't too overpowered, that can handle being fully human while in the bar, and will answer promptly (usually within 48 hrs of a post appearing with you tagged) so as to avoid slowing down the game.

The game has been exciting and fun so far, and we intend to keep it that way. Please contact me either here or by PM if you have any questions.

Looks fun! Would you perhaps be interested in a man who was cursed/transformed permanently into a kenku? Possibly a waiter/bartender in exchange for being allowed to sleep under the floorboards?

Looks fun! Would you perhaps be interested in a man who was cursed/transformed permanently into a kenku? Possibly a waiter/bartender in exchange for being allowed to sleep under the floorboards?
Sounds interesting, but one of the rules is that they have to be able to pass for human both inside and outside the bar. The magics on the bar keep them at human powers levels and appearances unless they possess an employee's amulet, but they also need to be able to pass as human outside the bar. A permanent transformation would violate that: but some kind of temporary change might not. The change would never come on in the bar, thanks to the internal magics, but if they only changed at night, or only during the day, and during the rest of the time were human, we could manage that.

Let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back