• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Land Of The Rising Sun (CS Thread)

I dunno, Its 5 am now I can't think. I'm going to go now before I start talking like a psychopath.

I say weird things when I'm sleep deprived. Yay

Cross bows were rarely used in japan so that's odd. I'm having a crisis between reality and fantasy.
Just a tad lmao. Just as a reminder though, this is a mirror world. We can safely infer thinga that worl very well here, work very well there.

Like I said, its advice from someone who dedicated a large portion of his life to this stuff. You can take it or leave it.

Just a tad lmao. Just as a reminder though, this is a mirror world. We can safely infer thinga that worl very well here, work very well there.

Like I said, its advice from someone who dedicated a large portion of his life to this stuff. You can take it or leave it.

I'd prefer the semi-realism, personally.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 I'm still working on her backstory, but I added some definition to her abilities... of course I don't know if any of it makes any sense because I wrote it last night when I was falling asleep at the keyboard, but I figure you can tell me what I need to change or what could make it better. xD

Name: Sumire
Appearance:
-6_zpsrbuww68l.jpg

A Haiku about Sumire
Quiet as the moon
Observant but doesn’t care
Please leave me alone​
_736x_79_37_ca_7937caed50ee2681ccfe9d8fc3ff58bb_zpslpnxpwqv.jpg
Statistics

Name: Otohata Sumire

Species: Spirit User

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 120 lbs

Temperament: Melancholic

Appearance description/extra details: Crescent shaped birthmark on her left shoulder blade

Equipment: The tanto and katana her mentor gave her as a parting gift

Personality

Personality: In a nutshell, Sumire is rather languid. She’d rather do nothing at all than have to exert any effort. She has a preference for remaining in her cat form just because she doesn’t want to spend the energy to transform and keep a Human appearance. She has a general disinterest in anything going on around her unless it affects her directly. She would typically rather associate with her own kind (other cats), though she has grown fond of an elderly Human woman in the nearby village that she calls O bachan. She knows the woman’s name, but she just chooses not to call her by it. Likewise, O bachan calls her Pattopatto or Patto-chan. Typically quiet, she generally lets her mannerisms speak for her, but when she does choose to talk it can come out rather bluntly because she doesn’t think much about buffering or censoring what she has to say.

Abilities: Feline grace and agility are marvelous things, and Sumire was lucky enough to have Takagawa Jiiro to help her refine her natural abilities. Under his careful tutelage, she learned to scale tall structures and more specifically, not get stuck at the top. Being of the feline breed, Sumire was already relatively good at climbing, she just wasn’t always good at climbing back down. With Jiiro’s help, she came to where she could do both.
Along with becoming not only upwardly inclined, but downwardly inclined, Sumire also learned various basic acrobatic movements that could be used to enhance her abilities when it came to the martial arts she learned, and not only that, but she also became adept at using them for evasion as well as running away which was often her initial response.
Along with the refinement of her previously somewhat lacking climbing abilities and acrobatics, Jiiro taught Sumire hand-to-hand combat skills. His primary focus was on teaching her jiu jitsu because of her small size to try and help her gain an advantage should she ever get into a combat situation. He also schooled her in how to properly kick and punch as a last resort should her initial attempts at defense fail.
While his skills in weaponry were more for entertainment than combat, Jiiro was capable of wielding a sword and he passed those abilities on to Sumire. She is no master swordsman, but she can wield a sword herself and defend herself when needed.

Weaknesses: Like any mortal, she has typical mortal weaknesses. Despite having the ability to defend herself, Sumire is rather small and prefers to run and hide rather than face conflict. Ineptitude when it comes to dealing with Humans, despite having lived around them, the only one she has ever really interacted with is O bachan.

Backstory

Sumire’s mother was a Spirit User that had taken to remaining as a Human and staying in the local village from the time she came of age and eventually, one of the townsmen fell in love with her and wanted to marry her. This was before the change in the spiritual flow.
Prior to Sumire’s birth, her mother and father had three other children; twins, a boy and a girl, and their eldest which was another boy. The eldest boy was born fully Human, as were one of the twins. The twin boy, however, was born as a pure feline and Sumire’s mother had to hide him away within the forest in the care of her own family.
Sumire’s mother continued to care for her Human family, while making excuses often to return to the forest to care for the kitten that she couldn’t bring with her back to the village for fear of being discovered. When the seal began to weaken, Sumire’s mother began noticing an inability to maintain her disguise for extended periods of time. She began leaving the village more frequently to rest her powers so that when she returned to the village, she would be safe still.
This went on for some time and the strain in her marriage, with her Human family, became more tedious which caused her to lose focus more often, making it harder for her to retain her disguise. This went on for two years and in that time she came to be with child again, this time with Sumire.
Her mother finally made the decision to leave the village and her loved ones behind, afraid to be caught out of her disguise. It hurt her deeply to leave them, knowing that they would either hate her because they found out her secret, or they would hate her because she left them.
Reverting to her feline form, Sumire’s mother never took her Human form again and eventually, from the sadness she felt, she wilted away until she passed on to the spirit realm.
Unlike her mother and siblings, Sumire was born with neither the black and white or black fur her feline family bore, nor the black hair that her Human family had, her fur and hair both grew in an unnatural white shade. In a way, this caused her to not want to turn to her Human form because she would just stand out so much so most of the time she would be seen roaming the village as a cat.
No one thought anything of a stray white cat, and in this way she was able to keep an eye on her family. Watching her older brother and sister as they grew, occasionally her older brother that didn’t have her abilities, coming with her.
Eventually her feline brother grew tired of going to the village to watch a family that he wasn’t a part of. He had known their mother, but he hadn’t known the Humans and preferred to stay in the forest with the others like him.
Sumire on the other hand, grew accustomed to the village and eventually O bachan took a liking to her and would offer her treats and scraps, so she began to think of the old woman’s home as her own and was able to come and go as she pleased.
When she was in her early teens, another Spirit User passed through the village and they were able to pick each other out nearly immediately. When she was able, she approached him, learning that his animal form was a Macaque and earned his living by traveling from village to village as a performing acrobatic and martial artist. He explained to her that, as a Human, it was easier to travel because then he wouldn’t be in one village long enough for anyone to discover what he really was.
Sumire was quite taken with the idea, though she was hesitant and decided that she couldn’t travel without a way to defend herself if she needed to and it was by this that the traveling performer volunteered to teach her his martial arts.
His name was Takagawa Jiiro and he stayed at the village for several weeks, entertaining the townsfolk as well as tutoring Sumire when he could. Eventually the time came, however, for Jiiro to depart.
Jiiro asked Sumire to come with him, but she was slightly torn. Most of Sumire’s relatives aside from the Human ones had already moved on, all that was left was her feline brother. She also found it hard to leave O bachan. The old woman didn’t know she was a Spirit User, but it didn’t matter, she had seen her out checking to see if Sumire had come home and she felt as though she would be abandoning her if she left for too long.
Sumire made up her mind and before Jiiro left, she led her brother to O bachan’s home and virtually introduced the two. Then she could feel safe that her brother was in good hands and that O bachan would still have a companion.
With some sadness, she left with Jiiro, spending the next four years in his care and learning all that she could from him, from how to deal with Humans, to the rivalry with the Kitsune, as well as what she had gone with him for, to learn the skills he had gained as an entertainer, his deft skills with swords, his agility when it came to acrobatics, and his prowess with martial arts.
Sumire stayed with Jiiro for four years from the time she was fourteen and eventually she decided to return to her home village. Her brother had already passed on as well and so now she is only left with O bachan.

[Still in progress, but no patience has I! Rawr! :F]

coded by Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
I'd prefer the semi-realism, personally.
This world is essentially our world. Just with demons, spirits, furries, and set in japan. Besides that, its pretty much the same. Like I better not see someone slicing through steel gauntlets with their steel katana, you know? Hahaha

Posted||{March 22, 2017 || Added: age, gender & species.

1st Edit || April 2, 2017 || Updated: name, nickname, appearance description & equipment

(W.I.P) CS Sheet

Shizuka Tsukiko
9806f755d18ac3bcda808a0ac840734f.jpg

Nickname(s):
Shi-chan.

Species:
Kitsune [1 Tail]

Appearance description/extra details:
Contrary to her namesake, Shi-chan's human form, at first glace looks like a 'wild child'. But on closer inspection, most would be captivated by her beauty (before they realize she's hopeless) that rivals that possessed by all females and males of her race. Smooth Luminescent white(ish)-siver hair matching the moon's own beauty, soft pale-dark tanned skin that contrasts with her hair and finally, stunning golden yellow eyes. Her clothes, unlike her looks, aren't very mention worthy. Consisting of only a self-fashioned top and shorts made with the sole intention of not limiting her movements. Her gauntlets and boots were given to her by a retired warrior's widow.

In fox form, Shi-chan could be mistaken as an average fox. It a given seeing as she only has one tail right now. If anything, the only odd thing about her fox form is its white pelt that seems to shine with the moonlight and the Green magatama necklace worn around her neck. The necklace is present in her human form as well.

Personality:
(No 2D characters. Make your creation unique and fleshed out. Everyone has good and bad parts of the persona. So does your character. A short paragraph is fine here.)

Abilities:
(What are they capable of //Magic, sword skills? or any other physical abilities// What are their strengths? Where do they succeed where others fail?)

Weaknesses:
(There is no such thing as a perfect being. Everything has flaws. So does your character. As many strengths as they may have, write an equal amount of weaknesses. Personality weaknesses are not allowed. (Things like "Can control space time but is esstupih" are not acceptable.) Please make real shortcomings.)

Backstory:
(If your character is hundreds of years old, then they must have been through a lot during their lifetime. So the older and more powerful a character is, the more detailed I expect the history to be. A 20 year old human and a 400 year old demon should not have similar length in history.
Remember, this is everything that has happened to them up until this point. Should be no shorter than one well-written paragraph. More for older, more powerful characters.)

Equipment:
Weighted Bo Staff || Primary (custom-made) || A seemingly normal staff with weighted ends that is slightly taller than Shi-chan. The weighted ends allow for easier breaking of bladed weapons, other Staffs & bone with minimal applied force from user.

Twin Wakizashi || Secondary (hidden) || A set of twin wakizashi that reside within the Bo Staff's length. The 'weighted' ends of the bo staff are really the concealed twins.

*Extra:
(Anything extra you would like us to know about your character. The more fleshed out and alive your character is, the better.)

*Quote & Theme Song:
(Finally, add a quote from somewhere that you feel sums up your character. And/Or a song you feel pictures them.)

Last edited:
Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle I need sentences. Not one word descriptions on what she can do. Go into detail of what she is capable of. Basically, I need to know exactly how good she is hand to hand. How agile she is, etc. Etc.

Im probably going to comment on the hand to hand part but ill wait till you make these edits first

6523cafdcb266b45b139a6d577ef9b17.jpg

Aurelie

Name: Aurelie Karcsi Villeneuve

Species: Half demon

Rendianami_by_kesame.jpg

Appearance
Aurelie stands at 5'7" in her light form and is 6'3" long in her demon/twilight form.
Her skin is composed of black leather that serve as protection for her. Even the parts that appear human are composed of the same material as this leather. These are discussed more in detail in the abilities section.
To reiterate, she cannot remove the 'outfit' she is wearing, and she feels no need to wear clothes. Her demon form has a hue of twilight where the purple/pink is in the picture. This color ranges from red to purple in a sort of gradient, simulating the light of dawn and dusk. The proportion of black to twilight hues indicate how conscious she is.
Personality
Aurelie tries to be as patient and kind to others, but tends to be more reserved to contain herself. This disposition tends to grant her a piercing, silent gaze that seems to exist to observe until she deems it necessary to talk. When she does, it's typically in a sweeter voice than her demeanor dictates. She simply cannot smile like her mother always did. Typically, she avoids confrontation or conflict, as it tends to end poorly for both her and the adversary. When provoked, she tends to give a short leash before her temper overrides her will. Once enraged, she generally has poor control over herself, but she is coming to contain the fierce blood that rushes through her. Regardless of her control, she feels compassion for all living creatures, as taught by her mother. Her thoughts are not influenced by her nature, but her actions certainly are. If the damage can be repaired, she tries her best to achieve that goal. If not, she adds to her stash of guilt upon years of repetitive debauchery as well as her half-species status. Sometimes she wonders what is considered to be right and wrong, and if society's ideals should align with hers. Highly manipulative and lies often.
Biography
TLDR: Aurelie's mother was coerced into a relationship with a demon. Her upbringing was a conflict of her mother's soft personality with her father's demonic influence. They were separated when she was unable to control her power, so now she searches for them while trying to understand and control herself. Debauchery!

Aurelie's mother was a kind and gentle soul within her own small village in the forest. She spent most of her time in charity and smiling to all she passed. She loved to be a part of a communal family, even if she had none of her own to speak of. Though she was never wealthy fiscally, she always felt wealthy spiritually. She was a superstitious woman that always believed the weather was a blessing from higher spirits and that one day, she might meet a spirit user. To scold the youth, she usually said that a kitsune might get them if they aren't careful around the forest's rim. Of course, it was all in good humor, as she never believed in disciplining another's child. She was always seen with her bag slung over her shoulder with a very large and very peculiar book with a charred hard cover.

Never was there a more fateful day than when she was entrusted with a mission that would unbeknownst to her be her greatest sacrifice to her village. During a torrential storm, a child fell ill with an illness only known to the people as Vorka. This disease was a mere legend passed down from elders to toddlers to keep them occupied, but the symptoms were unmistakable. As soon as her mother heard the news, she quickly slammed her book shut and shoved it right into her bag. She nearly leapt out of her chair by the fire and threw on her robe just as she flung herself out the door. When she arrived, the child was already developing black spots, and he appeared already unconscious. She only spared a glance with the horrified mother that never left his bedside before exchanging a silent nod. Without any hesitation, she darted straight back out into the rain and down the rubble they called a path. This path was mostly ceremonial and symbolic since its true purpose had been long forgotten. It was always said that in a time of extreme need, it would reveal its true nature and light the way to their destiny. The woman never believed she would use the path in her own lifetime, but she saw no other option. In all her reading of the supernatural, she never saw a hint of hope for a cure of Vorka. In fact, much of its very existence was unknown except for a few symptoms: mysterious black spots and eternal nightmares.

As she ran down the winding path, she realized that the land before her was completely unknown to her, but that never stopped her. After what seemed like an hour of jogging, she slowed at the mouth of a gaping cavern. While she took a moment to both catch her breath and dry off from the sheets of water that seemed to only push her down the further she ran, she took out her most treasured possession: her big black book. She flipped to about 3/4 of the way through and started scanning more carefully for any information that might help her in her quest. The book was exceptionally extravagant in its writing and diagrams, all carefully entered notes she spent a good portion of her spare time reading. But nothing seemed to even hint to Vorka in here, which she found peculiar. This was a book full of the supernatural, and it somehow omitted the one thing she needed.

Just as she flipped another desperate page in search of information she knew wouldn't be there, her remaining light was blocked by a shadow. Her head snapped around to be greeted by a large man in full black armor, much larger than herself. For a moment, she simply glared in response to his crossed arms and impatient stance. Eventually, the man spoke in a voice that resembled some sort of stringed instrument, though she couldn't possibly know which one. He told her that she had something that once belonged to him, and he deigned to be its owner once more. When she refused, he told her what was at stake for her: the child's life. When she heard this, she immediately relinquished the book. The prologue of the journal was a cryptic text that never made sense to her or anyone she discussed it with. In fact, it was all complete gibberish to the humans of her humble village. However, the one phrase that sung true to his word was the way he gave it. That voice was unmistakably that of the author, and she did not want to spar with that author.

Pleased with the return of his book, he snapped it into a smoke of black, but didn't move himself. He demanded more for price of thievery, as the book was evidently stolen from his possession. He stated that he would require one human sacrifice, but he would choose himself. Immediately thinking of the boy and his already entangled position with this man, she asked herself what she could do. Unable to come up with a quick answer, he offered herself so long as none other would suffer the consequences of the actions of someone none of them even knew about.

And so she was bound to the man that coerced her into a life away from anything she ever knew. At first, she felt no need to say anything or try anything outside of what he was already doing, but in time, she came back to her old self. She both kept his existence as a demon in the human realm a secret and covered his tracks when he wasn't exactly stealthy. Despite his malevolent nature, she still scolded him on impulse. She was too good at her job of keeping his reputation on track that he never dared relinquish her vital position due to his anger. Her personality was so headstrong that it even sometimes underminded his own to a small extent. Eventually, they found an equilibrium where she kept his mayhem to a minimum, and he was able to remain in the shadows of society as much as he could. Even though they were essentially nomads due to his supernatural origins, it really was a win-win for the both of them.

Her sacrifices eventually lead to a child. He simply wouldn't accept the child as his, but she would not relinquish her only baby for any reason. He begrudgingly let her keep it, but made her tend to its every need. And if it interfered with her daily duties, it would have to go. With no choice, she had to accept.

Through adolescence, Aurelie was mostly brought up by her mother, but still possessed traits of her father. Namely, she wanted to always do the right thing and help others, but her anger and tendencies often lead her to trouble. Sometimes, she hit others without warning or reason, not even that she could explain herself. Her mother, ever patient, knew that Aurelie may never be a saint, but she would learn to be accountable for her actions unlike her father. Regardless, she went out with her father to cause minor mayhem, which was only permitted by her mother since it was the only reason he would bond with her. At other times, she read her father's rather large journal, fascinated by the world no one else could imagine ever existed.

Around her early teenage years, she began to transform more violently in the twilight hours of the day, sometimes artificially extending this period. This violent series of outbursts intrigued her father and worried her mother. He helped her develop her powers, perhaps the first time he took an invested interest in his daughter, to use her given powers whenever she liked. Her mother was skeptical, and abstained even more from the development as Aurelie's powers started to deteriorate the world around her.

During a practice session, her father was more harsh than usual. She wasn't making the progress he wanted for her to be on the road to power. Her emotions, both through the disapproval from her father and her hormones, took her over, and her field extended to encompass the entire village. The people became enraged and sought to find the source of the terror and their captivity in a world that was slowly draining them. Her mother, upon seeing the twilight, ran back home to round up her family to leave. The father told the mother to erase the damage, but this was too much even for her to conceal. The father saw two options, destroy the village or leave Aurelie to be destroyed. Distraught, she refused to leave her daughter's side. But the father was having none of that, and he grabbed her mother and forcibly removed her from the situation. With a wave of his hand, they disappeared into black smoke.

When Aurelie awoke, it was late morning, and she blinked her eyes open to see trees rustling above and birds chirping at the peak of the new day. Her body was covered in a variety of blood stains, though nothing else gave her note of what had happened. Beside her was her mother's bag, which contained her father's book. She immediately retrieved the bag and clutched close to her chest. With no one, not even her parents in sight, she stood up and began her journey into the world she couldn't know. Within a day, she found a path that lead her to a city bigger than any she had ever known. Her mother always steered very clear of them in case her father decided to go on a rampage; it was too many innocent souls for her mother to bear. But Aurelie had no other choice; her life had to start somewhere.

Her years have since been spent both in search of her parents and in doing basically whatever she wanted. Though the teachings of her mother guided her decisions, she would sometimes find herself choking store clerks that held their prices too high or simply waking up in a random location with various pieces of evidence. Whenever some unexplained mayhem occurred in the world, she was off to find her father, and in turn, her mother. Throughout it all, she was always internally fighting the age old conflict of nature versus nurture.
Equipment
A simple set of a bow and a quiver of arrows that she uses to protect herself in the wild when she travels the wilderness.

View attachment 290574

Her father's journal of the supernatural he encountered, carried in a her mother's bag typically slung over her shoulder.

View attachment 290573

View attachment 290572
Powers and Abilities

Twilight (n): the soft glowing light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, caused by the refraction and scattering of the sun's rays from the atmosphere.

The nature of twilight is highly volatile, and its effects vary for the individual. This light transforms all organic material under its influence into twilight matter, essentially corrupting it. Intelligent beings exposed to its light are unharmed, but are unable to adapt to the twilight like other beings. Thus, they slowly weaken and deteriorate due to the twilight's influence, but the process does not take dramatic effect unless the person in question remains for longer than a few minutes. Side effects of exposure vary depending on the species. The human strength diminishes as their energy is stripped of them. Eventually, their body and soul turn black, and they become a creature of twilight permanently. In this state, they attain new skills, bodies, and minds. Spirit users and kitsune lose their consciousness to fatigue, eventually becoming trapped in eternal nightmare. As natural beings, they cannot be converted to a creature of twilight under Aurelie's influence, but can be under concentrated twilight energy. They will likely become more powerful - and more dangerous - than imaginable. Demons are healed/augmented by its influence, the opposite of it's typical deterioration effect.

Twili Form: A passive power that forces all creatures of twilight to revert to their demon form when exposed to twilight. These creatures are stronger, faster, and more agile than in their light form counterparts. She also has white eyes that burn bright to give her night vision (not actual light, but they glow). In her light form, she is granted speeds of up to 30mph, and she is more agile in her light form than in her demon form. While significantly less agile, and her acceleration is slowed, she is far stronger in her demon form in both force and defensive capacities. The demon form also grants her an endowed armor-like skin and claws on both her hands and feet. All clothes are magically removed upon transformation and bestowed back on the user during reversion.

This form is meant to represent La bête du Gévaudan, a French mythical wolf that created terror in 18th century France, which for the purposes of the rp has occurred much before then to justify having this exist. The existence of her demon form is indicative of her French heritage.

Twili Flesh: A passive power where the user is permanently granted a layer of black twilight matter that covers the skin. This is heavyweight, making her weigh much more than her physique suggests. This constitutes as the light realm equivalent of twili skin, essentially transforming human skin to that of their twilight self. However, this does not cause the user to revert to their twilight form unless they are under the influence of twilight directly. This functions less than twili skin, but far better than human skin alone. Aurelie's power prevents her from completely transforming her skin, leaving her arms, shoulders thighs, and head aesthetically unchanged, but still under the influence of her enhanced skin. This skin, under either form, does not hinder the user's speed, strength, or agility, as her body has adapted to its weight much like adaptation to gravity. In fact, it looks like armor; it just can't be taken off. The leather in either form are highly resistant to fire, but fragile in the cold - much like a reptile.

Twili Field: The ability to emit a field of twilight to encompass a specific radius. The field grows from the user at a steady pace, ensnaring all it envelops into the realm of the twilight. In addition, the edge between the light and twilight realm is sealed so that nothing may cross it, including sound and light - inhabitants of the twilight cannot leave without a twilight user or the ability to transverse realms. The range of the twilight field varies based on the user. Aurelie may exert this force to encompass a 13 meter radius voluntarily. Under the influence of her demon blood, it extends much further, and the effects are more devestating.

Other: Aurelie is still honing her skills. She was born with both passive powers, and has been able to create twilight for about 10 years. Currently, she is working on creating constructs using this energy, namely a bow and arrows so she doesn't have to lug one around all the time. She has the arrows, but not quite the bow. In addition, she is also beginning to grasp the concept of permanency in her powers, which would grant any of them a permanent effect.
Weaknesses
Unfortunately, her skin is a non-negotiable permanent part of her package. She is unable to convert all of her skin to look like that of human skin, even in complete light. Her powers are also nearly completely experimental in the absence of a mentor. As such, she practices in complete solitude in case she explodes something or disintegrates others. Her powers are heavily linked to her emotions, causing them to be their most powerful in fear and at their most uncontrollable in anguish. She sometimes blacks out and wakes up with only shreds of evidence as to what she may or may not have done when her blood boils too hot. Easy to spot in the dark due to her eyes. Her armor is weakened in extreme cold.

Aurelie is stripped of her twilight generation if her full name is written in blood. This can only be reversed if either the writing or the writer is destroyed. She still retains her passive powers during this time.

The long term effects of twilight exposure can be reversed through holy light and high voltage electricity, though they are not protected from other consequences of these treatments. The afflicted cannot be treated while still within twilight light.

Last edited:
Kazehana Kazehana

Pretty damn good character. Only thing Im gonna ask is that you tone down the speed. 30mph is REALLY damn fast on foot. You can keep the demonic speed but drop the natural speed please. Something more acceptable for humans. Still faster of course but the human form still has to be....well....humanlike. as it is, the fastest human runs at like....19 I think? So 20-25 would be fine.

Also, as a fair warning, the highly destructive and volatile nature of her power makes her subject to attacks from the group members. Im informing you so you can be aware. Unless you character befriends (or is befriended) by another player character, chances are you will be attacked when things get out of hand and that puts Aurelie at risk of being PKed.

Like I said, im just informing you. Other than that, she needs a last name and then she is accepted

o_o I know. I wasn't done with her yet. xD I was just summarizing so that I wouldn't forget.
Ok, so the only thing I can say is because of her lazy personality and young age, she probably knows martial arts out of necessity but chance are she is no master. Just enough to defend herself from basic attackers. Chances are she wont win a fight against an experienced fighter. I just want you to be aware of that k?

Ok, so the only thing I can say is because of her lazy personality and young age, she probably knows martial arts out of necessity but chance are she is no master. Just enough to defend herself from basic attackers. Chances are she wont win a fight against an experienced fighter. I just want you to be aware of that k?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. xD I was trying to imply that. I thought I mentioned it somewhere... I don't remember. lol she has a full name. o_o I only put her first name above her pic because on the CS at in the first post, it says first name and then there is another part for the full name... which I put in Statistics. shadowz1995 shadowz1995

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. xD I was trying to imply that. I thought I mentioned it somewhere... I don't remember. lol she has a full name. o_o I only put her first name above her pic because on the CS at in the first post, it says first name and then there is another part for the full name... which I put in Statistics. shadowz1995 shadowz1995
Yeah I edited that because I noticed after.

But yeah, you did imply it. Im just reinforcing it because I've had people....think that because they know basics they can fight on equal footing with someone leagues their superior. In reality, that fight would be over in seconds. Just how life is you know? But Im glad you understand that.

But yeah, accepted. Glad to have you aboard

But yeah, you did imply it. Im just reinforcing it because I've had people....think that because they know basics they can fight on equal footing with someone leagues their superior. In reality, that fight would be over in seconds. Just how life is you know? But Im glad you understand that.

Yeah, that's why I was saying that she really just tries to run away instead... so she'd be more likely to climb something to get away than to stand and fight. xD I totally understand! And than you for accepting her! :D I'm excited for this!

Yeah, that's why I was saying that she really just tries to run away instead... so she'd be more likely to climb something to get away than to stand and fight. xD I totally understand! And than you for accepting her! :D I'm excited for this!
I am too. Im just tired lmao. Keeping tabs on everyone is tiring hahaha

09fc1f264f867b8df6d321c19cc3e6c1.png

Appearance:

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Name:
Yasashi Akuma
Yasa

Species:
Half-Demon
Specifically Onryõ

Appearance description/extra details:
Yasashi is of a rather lean, yet athletic build. Standing nearly six foot tall. Her Hair is a raven black in color and she usually keeps it in a flowing ponytail that cascades unto her lower back.
Her eyes are a steel grey.
She's rarely seen without her mask for it hides her rather grotesque facial features. (I'll add a picture once I finally draw it >_>)
She's got eight fang-like teeth that resemble a traditional Oni mask and her cheeks are covered in small scale-like patterns.

Usually seen wearing a Kimono to hide her rather haunting appearance as her spine is covered in demonic plating. When she does enter a more demonic form her skin turns a pale white and scale-like plating extends from her spine outwards.

Personality:
Despite her demonic heritage Yasashi is a gentle spirit, never actively seeking conflict but a slave to her own demonic heritage. Due to her being a descendant of an Onryõ, a demonic spirit that empowers itself on human emotion, primarily hatred and vengeful desires, she tries avoiding staying in the same place for long and does not feel comfortable in larger groups.

Despite this Yasashi is a rather sociable person, usually engaging in banter, joking or simply socializing with those close enough to her to call "friend". Rather cynical and sarcastic when threatened or simply influenced by her demonic side, Yasashi does not hesitate to speak her mind, sometimes coming off as rather rude or overly blunt.
In the end her presence is best enjoyed outside of town, among a smaller group of associates.

Abilities:
-Swordsmanship
Trained by her father, a fully fledged Onryõ, Yasashi is a master of the Katana, having a very precise, elegant fighting style that you wouldn't expect from a vengeful spirit.
-Survival expert
Living mostly in the woods and places outside of human civilization Yasashi is capable of surviving on her own, able to read traces, signs of impending rain and other rather useful skills needed to survive in the wilderness

-Onryõ Powers:
Onryõ's are demonic vessels for human emotions, serving almost as an echo of human desires, resonating those notions and empowering them. The strongest, most primal urges like hatred, vengeful thoughts, despair and other cravings can empower Yasashi, giving her the ability to feed on them and make her stronger. (Works really well in tag-team like circumstances)
She resonates these notions herself, on a battlefield where hatred for the enemy and the will to survive reign supreme she could draw enough power to become nigh-invincible
On the flipside, it makes her act on these urges, thus rendering her unable to stay in a densely populated place for long in fear of acting upon them

Weaknesses:
-Emotional Vessel
Yasashi's Onryõ powers work both ways.
It might allow her to grow in power when feeding on human emotion but those same emotions can overcome her and put her in a trance-like state where she may try fulfilling the cravings those notions provoked.
An overwhelming amount of emotion, be it just multiple sources or one overbearing one can also make her lose control completely and become a fully fledged Onryõ: A mere spirit that's just an echo of a human longing

-Inability to blend in with humans
Both on a mental and physical level due to her monstrous traits and inhuman abilities

-Spirit presence
Other demons or spirit users can feel her presence, often in form of an empowered emotion, be it fear or affection

Backstory:
Powerful emotions were what drew Yasashi's father to her mother, the last shrine maiden from a long bloodline. Her village's connection to the spiritual world, overseer of burial rites and other spiritual matters. Her shrine lay far from the village, up on the slope of a mountain stream, a temple where those plagued by their own demons came to seek guidance.

The Onryo fed on them, observing the humans, first from far away, then closer, every time he lay eyes on these mortals he met the gaze of the Shrinemaiden, but unlike the other humans she saw him. And unlike the last humans he encountered her eyes weren't filled with disgust or fear, but her lips blessed him with a soft smile that was enough for him to always return.

Townsfolk started to finally act upon their desires, as love and prosperity seemed to reign in the small village, all thanks to the shrinemaiden's smile that made the demon resonate feelings of joy and longing.
After months of lurking in the shadows he finally revealed himself to her...
And he found acceptance, no, even love...

And so it was that out of nowhere the townsfolk noticed the Shrinemaiden's belly swell, seeing it as a gift from the good-natured spirits that watched over the village.
Yet the child she bore was not one blessed with divine beauty, nor spirituality, instead the child's skin resembled a lizard's, pale white with red scales.
But the Shrinemaiden saw past that, she was her daughter, and she knew she would be a gentle soul, thus naming her Yasashi.
Hiding her from the prying eyes of the townspeople the Shrinemaiden and Onryo raised her with kindness and virtue. While her father taught her to understand her demonic side he also knew that the townsfolk would never fully accept her like the Shrinemaiden did accept him. Knowing she might have to protect herself he taught her the way of the katana, while both her parents taught her to accept herself.

But the town's prosperity soon turned into suspicion and distrust. Less people started to visit the shrine, telling tales of a demonic force and a deformed child sired by demons. Soon enough her father felt their influence, tormented by negative emotions as he grew restless and cold, starting to leave their home for extended periods of time...
Suspicion turned to hatred as the townsfolk' emotions were amplified by the presence of two Onryo's, making them fight each other and beget sinful acts. Their deeds only caused more hate and distrust to bloom like poisonous flowers as soon enough a mob of townsfolk arrived at the Shrine's doorstep, demanding the demons to be banished, threatening...
They broke into the shrine, found Yasashi, now almost a grown woman and brought her forth, having found the demon that caused their town to sink into madness...

But just as they tried to kill her, her Father arrived... or rather the warped image of him, corrupted by the overbearing hatred that filled the shrine he tore through the mob, their blood watering the earth as both child and mother were forced to watch...
And yet her parent's teaching were what avoided the slaughter as Yasashi came to wrap her arms around her father, allowing the negative emotions to flow through her too, easing the burden off her father's shoulders and reverting him to his pure form...
But it was too late.
Redeemed by his daughter he was able to say his last goodbyes to his family, for the townsfolk' negative energy had been enough to wear him out, tearing at his body and making his being a fading image of what it had been...
And as his form dissolved into a crimson mist his spell was taken off the townsfolk, ridding them off their hatred and making them see the fruits of their distrust...

Fearing it could happen to her too, corrupted by those very emotions sired by her very existence Yasashi set out into the world, trying to find her calling.
Be it allowing a shy boy to find love by giving him courage, or to urge a young soul to explore the world, her demonic influence could be felt wherever she went...
But sometimes issues had to be answered with steel and blood...

Equipment:
Her father's Katana
A Kimono and a wide-brimmed bamboo hat
A talisman to ward off evil spirits and repress her own demonic powers if need be

*Extra:
Yasashi loves food, usually wandering and avoiding human civilization makes it hard for her to get a decent meal, thus she'll gladly take any chance to indulge in some feasting

Her own emotions can be amplified too, if she's flushed and if they're spontaneous.

Although she's a wanderer she does enjoy human company, sometimes even spying on humans if she can't allow herself to get close

Likes helping out children with her powers

*Quote & Theme Song:

"Emotions make us human, denying them makes us beasts."

Last edited:
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Gonna have to slide a no on the effect the blade has. The only way a blade could do that is if it was some kind of demonic blade. Which it isn't. So no. Other than that, give me a history and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back