• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Land of Oz - A Semi-Advanced role-play (Main Characters still open:D)

Do you like this idea?

• yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bellz

Straight Judgin'
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
d"Somewhere over the Rainbow, there's a place that's made of Dreams, somewhere over the Rainbow, the Land of Oz calls out for thee, somewhere over the Rainbow, the Emerald City shines and gleams, somewhere over the Rainbow, is where I wish to be..."

The magical Land of Oz is a far off country behind the moon and beyond the rain....

There is no place like home, but you will wish you were there.

War is coming. Who side are you on?

CHARACTERS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE READING THE PLOT:

The Cardinal Witches are extremely powerful witches, a separate species of people who live in the World of Oz. They are linked to the four sides of the world: East, North, West and South.

At the time of Dorthy's arrival to Oz, Mother South is said to be dead and the East is no more (Many believe it was Dorthy who killed the witch of the East, though it was an accident.)
Mother South's death means there are no more witches who will be born in Oz, since the other 3 could not bear children.

However, this turns out to be a ruse started by Glinda, and she hides Mother South to continue to produce witches to build an army against the Wizard of Oz.

West: Witch of the West: Mistress of the Western Fields. Vessel of Truth and Solace.
Powers:
Telekinesis
Transmutation
Teleportation
Precognition
She is also quite reluctant to use magic and was glad the Wizard of Oz banned it. She is on No ones side and wants to see OZ returned to what it had once been. Many think she is evil. (Available-audition)

East: Witch of the East:Mistress of the Eastern Wood, Most Merciful and Stern. (Dead, was killed by a house falling on her. The Magic that she possessed was restored in her ruby ring, that was found by Dorthy. It called to her, and now Dorthy is the potential Witch of the East) (dead)

Glinda: Witch of the North: Maiden of the Northern light, Mother of the Sound and Pure.
She was tasked with selecting girls for the High Council
Is currently forming an army of the offspring of Mother South to destroy the Wizard. (Available- audition)
Mother South: Witch of the South: Mother of witches (Alive but is being hidden by Glinda)
Was said to be killed by the Beast Forever. (Available- audition)

THE WIZARD OF OZ- (Available- Audition) (Will eventually die, but will assign new character if you wish:D)

Having arrived in OZ after a freak accident experimenting tornadoes with energy, he worked his way to the top of Oz by slaughtering the king and queen of Oz and hiding the Princess Ozma, who was only a baby at the time.

With his science and grasp on modern day technology, he creates flying monkeys that record footage of everyone in Oz along with modern weapons for the war against Glinda. He claims he can save his people of Emerald City from the Beast Forever.

He sealed the Sacred Temple of the Cardinal Witches and banned magic in Oz. When he notices a disturbance in the sky, he sends guards out to find out what it is and destroy whoever came through.

He is a greedy and powerful man, who wants to get rid of magic for good. But without the Magic Oz will not survive. Unfortunately, the people of the Emerald city agree with Science.

Queen Langwidere of Ev: (Known as Lady Ev): (Available-Audition)

Her kingdom is more technologically advanced then Oz. She orders a shop keeper to save a young mans life (Tinman) and then requests that she keeps him as her property. She seeks friendship from the man as they share something in common. Both are perfectly imperfect. She is a fan of elaborate masks to hide the fact that she never ages. The woman loathes the Wizard of Oz for not helping to protect her kingdom against the Beast Forever, which caused the death of her mother. Oh, did I mention she was a robot, created in place of the deceased princess, using her skin.

THE LONG LOST PRINCESS OZMA- (Available-Audition)
Ozma was born to the King and Queen of Oz, she was the rightful heir to the throne when she was hidden left with an old witch in a cottage and forced to drink "medicine", the witch told her that she was sick and needed it. But its not medicine. Its

Later, Ozma finds out that the medicine is not medicine at all...but black magic to keep her from being who she really is. A female. All her life, she thought she was a male and now that the witch who once took care of her is dead. She slowly begins to turn into a female once more.

She finds herself taken to Glinda's Orphanage, West surprises her sister with a visit and takes the girl who willing accepts being the Witches servant.

**We can discuss how she will find out her true past when someone claims her!**

DOROTHY GALE-
(TAKEN-BELLA:D)

She is a "healer" a nurse working at a medical center.

She is transported to Oz after a freak tornado tore through her home.

She was left at the Gale's home as a baby and was adopted by Aunty Em and Uncle Henry.

After killing the Witch of the East, she possesses a ruby necklace that lets her control the elements.

Upon arriving in Oz, she finds a crucified man with amnesia and names him Lucas.

To sum it up, basically everyone who knows about her wants her dead, except for Lucas at the moment.

LUCAS AKA SCARECROW- (taken- justAlexandra)
The male is depiction of the Scarecrow, with no memory of his past, he meets Dorthy when she stumbles upon him, hanging from a cross on the side of the Yellow Brick Road.
- Has Amnesia due to the fact that Glinda wanted to keep him hidden from danger.
-Him and Glinda are married.
-is found on a cross, but has no idea how he got there or why.
-Was apart of the Wizards Guard until he fell in love with the witch.
- Best soldier they had ever seen.
-The only way for him to regain his memory is with a kiss from Glinda. But she cannot find him.
Is falling slowly for Dorthy.

Tinman: (Available- Audition)
The male is a depiction of the Tinman. After facing a terrible accident that left him almost dead, he was restored by the Kingdom of Ev, his body is made up of 80% metal and his heart is replaced with a metal pacemaker. Like a cyborg almost.

Lion : (taken-zCrookedz)
A brave a powerful Captain for the Royal Guard of Emerald City, he struggles to find the courage to go against the Wizard and kills the rightful King and Queen. (Can be a shapeshifter if you wish!) He continues to let the Wizard use him and needs to find the courage to do what is right.

Basic Plot:

An unknown being that reeks havoc on the Land of Oz. It controls water and fire and causes great damage to the people and the land. Many have worked hard to defeat it, but in the past it took the form of water and fire. Now it walks around as a human, with a heart and brain.

If it has a heart, it can be killed. At first, the Wizard teams with Glinda, who is seemingly preparing an army of witches for the Wizard. But has a hidden agenda that is now out in the open. She is going to war against the Wizard. The Wizard also convinces Lady Ev to create firearms for them to destroy the Beast forever, which she eventually gives in and creates the weapons, but keeps them for herself as revenge against the Wizard for not helping her kingdom the last time the Beast reeked havoc.

So eventually, I want them all fighting on the same side against the beast, but I figured they could fight first.

PLEASE READ :D
I have plans for Princess Ozma to retake Oz away from the Wizard and kill him, and I want to have everyone help in that. So whoever plays Oz will die, but we can add on another character for you!

thank you for your time and when you have finished reading all of this please type "leggo my eggo " And request the character you wish to audition for. You may audition for sever at a time if you wish, but I will choose the one you make clear you want most, if you are qualified:D

Audition requirements:
2 full paragraphs or more!
Pm me and I will pm you as soon as possible!
At least post once a day!

Last edited:
leggo my eggo

I'd like to be the scarecrow :D

Do I post the audition here or msg you?
Also I assume my audition is supposed to be written as the scarecrow. Right?

Hi! If you could message me your audition, that would be great!
And yes you will be writing as the scarecrow
Feel free to give him a different name from Lucas later on, but as of right now, Dorothy calls him Lucas because he doesn't know his name.
leggo my eggo

I'd like to be the scarecrow :D

Do I post the audition here or msg you?
Also I assume my audition is supposed to be written as the scarecrow. Right?

Hi! If you could message me your audition, that would be great!
And yes you will be writing as the scarecrow
Feel free to give him a different name from Lucas later on, but as of right now, Dorothy calls him Lucas because he doesn't know his name.

Alright! I'll start working on it :D

Hi there! I have played a character based on The Cowardly Lion before in an Rp that won Rp of the month last year. The character even won Character of the Month that same month, so I would very much like to audition for the possibility of playing my Cowardly Lion character if this gets up and rolling.
As for the audition part, what would you like to see?

LEGGO MY EGGO!!

Hi there! I have played a character based on The Cowardly Lion before in an Rp that won Rp of the month last year. The character even won Character of the Month that same month, so I would very much like to audition for the possibility of playing my Cowardly Lion character if this gets up and rolling.
As for the audition part, what would you like to see?

LEGGO MY EGGO!!

Hi! Thank you for your interest! I am looking for at least 2 paragraphs or more for the audition and it must be written in third person of the character you are choosing to audition for, just send me a pm and I will read it:D

Hi! Thank you for your interest! I am looking for at least 2 paragraphs or more for the audition and it must be written in third person of the character you are choosing to audition for, just send me a pm and I will read it:D
Sure thing, that won't be a problem at all! Couple more questions, is there a certain scenario that you wish me to respond to? and does the cowardly lion have a name already that I should be aware of?

Nope there is no certain scenario! Except for that dorothy and him have not met yet. So maybe something before she gets there...or maybe audition with him seeing the tornado come in! And nope! All yours to choose!

Nope there is no certain scenario! Except for that dorothy and him have not met yet. So maybe something before she gets there...or maybe audition with him seeing the tornado come in! And nope! All yours to choose!
Excellent. I shall send you the PM momentarily.

bump bump! I only need a few more people! Anyone?:D Please!

Im afraid I dont know much about the characters ... or the story so i doubt id be of help here xc

I wish you luck though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back