• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The land of fire and ghosts: a hazardous journey

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Magical
  4. Meta

Neon Chilli

Just a bottle of chilli standing in a ghost town
ahoy.jpg
It's been six months at sea on the Bonny Jade, a ship captained by the esteemed privateer Bobbie Sinock. The destination is newly discovered known only to those from the Westoc kingdoms as "the land of fire and ghosts"
A land spoke of by drunken sailors and brave explorers as having a number of strange and exotic pleasures aswell as dangers. "Fruit that makes one see spirits" "herbs that heal and flowers that poison" "magic crystals of varying types"
"giant creatures that shake the ground changing the landscape with their battles"

Many know of this far off mysterious land but only a handful of ships sailing from Westoc have ever made the journey home safely. One of these ships is the Bonny Jade. With cargo never seen by the port city of Crebtow captain Bobbie and his crew made enough gold to give up the dangers of sailing and live comfortably...
Captain Bobbie however pooled all his resources into another expedition, if he was able to establish trade between Westoc and the land of fire he and his family could live like royalty for generations.

Most consider the captain eccentric but he is more than a capable leader. This is how you came to be on the Bonny Jade.
You happened to be in the city of Crebtow where you heard word of this intriguing land of opportunity and danger. This led to you boarding the Bonny jade for whatever reason...
It seemed like a better idea than staying in Crebtow. So you either managed to join the crew or paid a ridiculous price for passage across the ocean.

You are bound on a adventure to new lands, places full of discoveries and dangers with creatures monsters and people different to what you know.
==========================
It's a group Rp for around three or five people, medieval fantasy adventure starting on the seas.
Your character would be a human/elf/dwarf/beastkin of some sort capable of working on a ship or paying said price for the thrill of adventure and potential opportunities.

Like most of my fiction magic is in this world but it works different for each race.
Humans of various origin have different magic to each other, think avatar bending with a few extra elements or flavours of magic sprinkled in. Fire air water earth shadows poison etc

Beastkin vary on race, lizardman is different to the wolfgirl etc

Elves control nature and can communicate with animals and some monsters.

Dwarfs have strength and the ability to transfer and store mana for the purpose of creation. Smith's of magic weapons.

To join I ask you post at least once a week with two paragraphs or more.

Ask questions or show enthusiasm below

CS page is here

Last edited:

Neon Chilli

Any humanoid with animal features would count as beastkin so yea that's fine

Surgess skull

"Did you just fall?"--Me: noo I attacked the floor
Yey! One more question. If I'm half human half beast skin. Can I use human magic but still have the agility/strength/ability's of my beast skin? If you need an example I can give one

Neon Chilli

Generally beastkin have more physical strengths and their magic reflects that.
A lizard man might have a light regeneration for health and damage whilst spitting poison. Biting or coating a weapon to poison the enemy if spitting venom doesn't work.

A wolf beastkin might roar thunder and bulk up via electricity

A human is more versatile able to use magic spells or techniques.

A human with a tail still counts as beastkin even with a human parent. So any human with animal parts of any sort are beastkin

They could have human magic without the full strength of their beastkin race but its generally the other way round with less magic and more physical talent

Surgess skull

"Did you just fall?"--Me: noo I attacked the floor
Generally beastkin have more physical strengths and their magic reflects that.
A lizard man might have a light regeneration for health and damage whilst spitting poison. Biting or coating a weapon to poison the enemy if spitting venom doesn't work.

A wolf beastkin might roar thunder and bulk up via electricity

A human is more versatile able to use magic spells or techniques.

A human with a tail still counts as beastkin even with a human parent. So any human with animal parts of any sort are beastkin

They could have human magic without the full strength of their beastkin race but its generally the other way round with less magic and more physical talent
The only magic I would like is shadow magic like being able to pull shadows from their natural spot and using them to hide myself, or make them make shapes and move (this one isnt very useful unless your trying to make a diversion or distraction) etc. While having the agility of a feline. Being able to see at night and the brute strength of a feline.

Neon Chilli

If it fits the cs then it should be fine but to answer that as best that I can shadow magic is generally used to hide or bind via taking a physical form so that's more human magic

A beastkin could have a camouflage ability similar or shadow mana but I'd prefer each race to have their own strengths and flaws

Beastkins main strengths are the animal like abilities with sentient thought and generally being faster and stronger than other races depending on the beastkin of course.

The slothman ain't beating most humans in a physical contest
But a dog or cat type of beastkin most likely could

Neon Chilli

Character page is here and in the first post, I'll probably make a OOC page if others arrive

Last edited:

Neon Chilli

The jade it be a ship me lads, to the land of flames were bound
With danger ghosts and monsters, everywhere around
Captain Bobbie gives the orders, to sail the ocean wide
Where the sun it never sets me lads no darkness here to hide

Users who are viewing this thread