• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Land of Dreams (Fantasy Creature RP)

Tasteless

Boink Bean

The Land of Eterium

Eterium is a land untouched by the cruel hand of man, a land unlike any other. Creatures of dreams dwell in peace within its paradise, living among one another without war, without chaos, just as nature intended it. Of course, the creatures don't always get along and more than often a soul is given back to Eterium at one point but that is simply the cost of life.

All life on Eterium lives within a delicate balance, from the beautiful plants that are nourishment to the herbivores, to the carnivores who then feast upon the herbivores and in return nourish the plants once again. The balance is perfect and without flaw, survival and life within a gorgeous paradise.The creatures who dwell are those to have only been heard of within stories and dreams, but they are very much alive on Eterium. They live and breathe, they breed and love, and like any other living creatures they also die.War has never plagued this land, nor have humans. That is for the better of course, ever since the dawn of man when they learned that a rock and stick could kill, they used it against one another, sometimes with reason and sometimes without. Man is a cruel hand that was dealt, but not on Eterium. Thus, the land doesn't have scars of massive blasts, it doesn't carry the stench of war within its grassy plains. Instead, it carries hope. Hope for creatures who have never thought to be alive to live and to thrive.Many diverse creatures live within the land, some as small as a fairy, others are large as a mighty dragon. Yet, they all have lived together in peace. Now, elderly creatures have smelt something,something they have never smelt within the land before. A darkness, a rotting stench has began to permeate through the crevices of the world. It was all mere speculation, until they saw the first. The first was an elderly wolf who had formally been a shaman within her family, until one horrifying morning when a passerby witnessed her brutally murdering her family. Her eyes were ablaze, and she was suddenly savage. Ripping her family apart in the most painful and brutal ways one could imagine before displaying their corpses upon spikes and almost painting with their blood, she had to be killed in order for her to stop her rampage. She had the lingering stench on her, the scent of evil and cruelty.
Several other cases have emerged, all had to be killed to prevent further murders and they all had the same stench and deathly gaze, but why? What is happening to the peaceful creatures of Eterium?

The Eterium Council

The mighty council of Eterium is the only form of enforcement within the land. The council itself is five creatures of full maturity who are seen as the highest authority within Eterium. They are often found within the chamber together, yet they are also free to venture and live within Eterium. The council meets often, typically once every full moon but sometimes they will meet more often if there are pressing matters.
henry-ledesma-crystal-cave.jpg

The Council is five unrelated creatures who typically raise a family to carrying on in their place as council once they have passed, yet the Council member can also recommended their vice counselor or soldier instead of family. The five are gifted magical powers during initiation. Initiation begins with a soon-to-be council member laying upon a flat surface, before they endure having their hearts ripped from their chest, blessed and returned. The council members keep the initiate alive using their own gifts, and once the heart is returned the initiate will not only have new found powers but an extended lifetime.
They are not immortal, but instead can live longer than most of their species. They can be gravely injured and killed, so they are trained thoroughly before the initiation to see if they can defend their home correctly.
They can still breed with their own species, and can raise offspring to carry on their lineage. Yet there are strict rules of being within the council. The rules go as follows;

I. You must be forever true to the council and the souls within Eterium.
II. You must be able to carry out your duties without interference.
III. In the time of war, if it should ever arise, your duties come before your blood.
IV. Always help those in need.
V. Defend the council and Eterium, even at the cost of your own life.
VI. The council will gather within the chamber (photo) During the full moon.
VII. An honorable council member does not need to kill to win their battle, unless its necessary for self defense.

My Rules

I. Be detailed, one sentence replies will not suffice.
giphy (1).gif
II. All mythical creatures are allowed, but they will not be overpowered.
III. You characters may have magical powers, yet those too will not be overpowered.
IV. Your character/s will have weaknesses.
V. The council members are not first come first serve, let me know if you'd like to try for a position within the council, i will message you so you can do a writing topic for me.
VI. Drama is important for the survival of a role play, yet will not be tolerated in OOC.
VII. Let me know if you have any questions and ill do my best to answer them!

Last edited:
You can role play as all mythical creatures but they will be nerfed in certain areas. Like a hydra can be played, but will not posses the ability to grow more heads and will be the size of a large dragon instead of being gigantic.

Question are we limited to known mythical creatures like Griffins, Dragons, Basilisks and etc no made up ones?

Question are we limited to known mythical creatures like Griffins, Dragons, Basilisks and etc no made up ones?
You can definitely make your own, I do like reference photos being used but a detailed description in the character sheet would suffice as well. Just remember that they cannot be over powered, they must have weaknesses that arent ridiculous. (ex of ridiculous; "Must be thrown in active volcano to die.")

Are you going to be posting a CS for us to use for this particular rp?

(Sorry I am still very new with this website!)

Are you going to be posting a CS for us to use for this particular rp?

(Sorry I am still very new with this website!)
Don't apologize for asking questions, there is nothing to be sorry for when attempting to gain knowledge.

Yes, once more people show interest I will be making a character sheet thread that I will link once its created. It will also be posted to the top of my group check.

Don't apologize for asking questions, there is nothing to be sorry for when attempting to gain knowledge.

Yes, once more people show interest I will be making a character sheet thread that I will link once its created. It will also be posted to the top of my group check.

Thank you very much <3

I'm interested! Not the most experienced in writing creatures in particular, but this caught my interest. Always have to be willing to try new things, right?

Tasteless Tasteless what about playing one of the corrupted creatures? Would that be possible?
I dont see why not, though they do not breed, love or have any other emotions other than slaughter and eat, since they are possesed by evil and darkness.
Though i will be adding a few new roles as well. Like a Council member can have a single Vice Counselor, though the Vice Counselor will not have any new magical abilities besides what they were born with and will have an average lifespan.

There will also be "Soldiers", So creatures who are born and raised to serve Eterium and follow direct orders from the Council.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back