• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Lab

woahhhh." Kip whispered in awe to himself. "That's really cool." He watched the second creature wobble down the hallway, amazed to the point that all he did was stare instead of moving. He liked his new found friend and wanted to find someway to show companionship, but he didn't have anything that he could give the creature. He would have to wait (my last post just in case you didn't get to read it

Squeezing the eyes of its primary body shut, it concentrated on seeing purely through the double's view.

Ignoring the doors to either side, it approached the exit at the end and tried to open it. The door turned out to be much heavier than anticipated - almost as if it wasn't intended to be opened at all - and cracked it open. Pushing its eye onto a tentacle, it pushed it through and observed the inside.

Wherever it was, it was an enormous space, with dim lights far above and support beams holding the ceiling up. A giant, sloping object was on one side, but otherwise, the room was empty.

Satisfied, the creature opened its normal eyes and silently padded down the hallway. Walking towards its other self, it absorbed the extra matter into itself and recompressed into a suitable size.

Turning, it indicated its noisy companion to follow it.

"okay." Kip walked down the hall, trusting that the creature made sure it was safe to go in. He stopped near his buddy and peeked through the door. He was a bit uncomfortable with the room he saw, not liking large spaces. He cautiously walked into the room and held the door open for his friend

Grateful for the assistance - and to a smaller, lesser extent, the trust - the creature went through, quietly closing the door behind it.

It felt the presence far before the new creature moved. How had it missed it?

The giant slump in the corner of the room shifted, and then raised. The gigantic blanket that had been hastily thrown over it fell away as the monster stood, towering over even the blobman in its height. Four arms, each equipped with claws that the creature could only envy. Powerful limbs. A matte-black carapace. Four dull red eyes...

...all of them watching the creature and its ally.

Kip nearly screamed at the monstrosity that had risen up before him. He instead stayed silent in fear, but he couldn't help it as parts of his arms started melting, simply because he was too terrified to keep himself upright in his human like form.
"B-big monster... Won't hurt us right?" Kip chuckled nervously as he tried to keep himself together. He looked around for a weapon.

The blobman jabbered again, searching the room for something. Startled, the creature flicked its limbs into a sharper, denser format, creating scythes on the end of its arms and legs. Something made it suspect that they would be of little help against this thing, whatever it was.

Creature and monster stared at each other, neither moving. The creature felt its cells sprinting full speed through its insides, prepared to make any changes at a moments notice, ready to engage in combat the second they were required.

"How did you get in?"

The creature blinked. The monster had spoken, for sure, but it still had no idea what the words meant.

Perhaps the blobman knew.

"hu- oh well- my friend here got outta their cell and let me out, and we got through the door by squeezing through....." Kip says in a squeaky voice. "You won't eat us right? That isn't a good idea, I am a parasite after all!" He says in an attempt to find out if the monster was friendly or not.

"I've already eaten," The monster muttered, leaning back against the wall it was next to. "And I'm in no mood to have a parasite in me."

The creature was desperately trying to follow the conversation, raging inwardly at the fact it hadn't bothered to figure out the flat-faces' language. How could it have known so many different entities used it?!

The monster gestured towards itself with one of its lower arms. "I am Bai. I don't expect to see either of you again, so don't bother introducing yourselves. To be honest... I prefer being alone. There's little point in making friends when you outlive them all." Reaching next to his head, he peeled a sheet of metal away, revealing a dark passageway behind. Air vents? The creature was struggling to figure out the context of everything going on.

"Go straight for a while. The last ones to get in here didn't know how to leave either." He stared at the floor. "I ate them."

The creature still had no idea what was going on, and realized to its enormous irritation that it would have to rely on its companion for final judgment. Turning to the blobman, it awaited his opinion...

"ok thank you! I Know you don't consider us friends, but anyone who helps is considered a friend to me." Kip looked at his friend -or best friend- and pointed toward the vents. "We need to go in there." He then made a follow me gesture. "See you later maybe!" Kip says to Bai, no longer as afraid of it. He moved toward the vents

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back