• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Kingsword Will Stand (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
THE DRUID
WITH
julian, antigone, aenwyn.
WEAPONS
spear. daggers. elemental magic.
INFO
26. male. he/him. bi. brother of antigone.
agathon.
agathon held his breath for every second of that conversation. his lungs had swollen to the brink of bursting by the time aevar finished his response, downed his ale, and departed with a bucket of water. for a moment, the druid simply lingered in place, hand still gripping the glass handle of that beer jug with a fortitude that might near-shatter it. then, he dropped his head with a heavy sigh, the candle placed in front of his seat sputtering against the breath that tumbled over his lips.

relief washed over him with the same coolness of the stream where he first practiced his water magic, yet agathon could not help the pang of remorse that tugged at his heart. he knew it was for the better, that aevar did not recognize him. knew it meant he and his sister evaded danger once again, even if only narrowly. yet, it did not thwart the young child in him from yearning for one of his first friends.

a number that has, since joining the druids in that secluded forest, reduced to zero.

shoving down the forlorn feeling that surged at the realization, agathon lifted his sorry head and dug into the satchel hanging off his body. he always wore it with the opening flap turned cautiously inward, so as to stave off greedy pickpockets. between the few, drawn-out swigs he took throughout each agonizing moment of his conversation with aevar, the druid had finished his drink, so he might as well pay. his fingers rummaged through the various, diminutive items tossed mindlessly into the accessory: coins, herb bundles, small elixirs and potions he could hand out at no cost to beggars on the streets. yet his fingers trudged around the belly of the bag, clumsy and inept, to no avail. chugging that drink might have been a mistake, for agathon the light-weight.

he grumbled a curse under his breath. he should have just held the stupid cup to his lips and sealed them as he lifted it, pretending to sip. but he did not anticipate aevar f–ing istedar to be sitting at this bar tonight. let alone speak to him, again, after nineteen years of silence.

squeezing shut those light brown eyes, agathon sucked in a slow, steadying breath. the light buzz definitely hindered his awareness to some degree, but he could manage this slight lag to his thoughts, his movements. he had taken enough of his own failed elixirs during his training to know how to sort through such disorientation. finally, fishing the exact change necessary to cover the cost of the drink, agathon flicked the coins onto the bartop.

just as a boy came hurdling into the tavern, hollering about some druid woman letting her bear eat somebody.

for a heartbeat, agathon concluded that his beer had soiled, and now ravaged his system, afflicting him with auditory hallucinations. but upon seeing an elven healer peeling off towards the stables, he confirmed that the boy’s voice was not just in his head.

which meant antigone was in trouble.

a breeze stirred at his feet, and he half-clambered, half-leapt off the bar chair as he shot immediately for the door. an invisible boost, one that would go unnoticed to most, if they lacked an eye for magic. it gave him just the edge he needed to reach the door mere moments after the healer. his flames reared, and it took everything in agathon’s power to keep them from sparking embers at his fingertips. each breath only seemed to fuel their burning, which set his light brown eyes ablaze with an orangey hue.

when he arrived at the stables, agathon’s eyes immediately flicked to antigone, ignoring the rest of the scene, scanning over her for any sign of harm. yet no wounds interrupted the intricate blue tattoos adorning her skin, and no bruises or blood sullied her face, her hair. his flames puckered out with relief.

only for his attention to find her hand, clamped around the arm of a man. a man with a familiarly arresting visage, adorned with a beguiling, charming smile, and framed by long, luxurious locks of dark hair. the smooth, shimmering strands were maintained to a particular degree of quality that agathon had only encountered one person capable of in his entire life.

julian valerius, the third.

the third to his trio of boyhood friends. right next to aevar.

considering the rage evident on his sister’s face, agathon knew their nineteen-year-long ruse was up. they had been caught. recognized. his escape from aevar must have just been one of fate’s cruel, foul attempts at self-entertainment. at a loss for words, agathon merely shot a carefully honed look of alarm towards antigone–concealing the maelstrom of distraught, paranoia, and helplessness raging beneath.

and wished that his beer had been spoiled, after all.
coded by natasha.

THE ORACLE
Nimue
Female - 22 - Bisexual

Nimue felt such sympathy, finally understanding what was bothering Marnie. It was something she had dealt with often as well. Nimue had travelled into a town or two throughout her time. Always with Mahgra of course. She found herself excited the first few times. That excitement began to dwindle once she had gotten to know the people of the town. She felt sick, thinking that someone else had to endure such pain. Marnie a waterelf, and herself, seen as a witch. Watching as Marnie rubbed her eyes, blurring her vision and then unblurring them. Nimue felt as if Marnie was familiar. She had never seen a waterelf in person before. However, she had been told that they were quite mistreated. Nimue had been subjected to such hate. So had her adopted mother, Mahgra. No one was going to mistreat Marnie on her watch.

"Thank you for noticing me." Marnie let out. Nimue had to admit it was quite hard to notice her. But in her eyes, Marnie was just like everyone else and deserved to be treated as such. "Of course, and yes sweet one, I am quite alright. Cold, but this fire is helping. I was very hungry when I got here, but that was then, and this is now. I swear to you that poisonous treatment will befall you no longer. What is your name?" Nimue asked doing her best to be all ears in such a loud tavern. The fire warmed her freezing shoulders. Nimue was not at all dressed for the weather, but this was the last dress that hadn't been rendered useless and torn to shreds. She definitely planned on buying much more suitable attire once she had acquired currency. The look of familiarity finally clicked. Nimue remembered why she had come. It just so happened that the individuals from her dream were all present. Quickly, Nimue was plagued with a headache. Her shoulders tensed up, tighter than they had ever been before. This was common when the universe was trying to persuade her to follow the right path and she fought against it. It was true, Nimue was frightened to do or say anything. It wasn't hard to speak to Marnie, she had an instant feeling that they could be good friends. Everyone else? That was a different story.

Just then, a light brown-haired man approached the two. Nimue tried her best not to look bothered by her headache. Often times, people mistook her for just a regular mysterious and beautiful woman. Which she preferred over being recognized as an oracle. Much less, mistaken for a witch. It was disgusting to her to think about how many people had to hide their true selves as to not be pursued by attackers in this place. Sure, Nimue had powers, but they weren't anything to be used unless the person was entirely deserving. Voices began to plague her mind, running around like venomous rats clawing and biting to find a way out. She blushed with interest in the man as well as embarrassment. Nimue wasn't going to let that stop her from defending Marnie if need be. She looked up at the armored man. In his hands a bucket. Nimue's stomach turned at the fear that he might throw it on Marnie.

"Excuse me, ladies I've brought a bucket of water." The man said introducing himself. Aevar, was his name. Nimue was familiar with the name but not with the standing it belonged to. Nimue presented a warm smile in response to Aevar's generosity. Voices still swirling around and head throbbing. Nimue clenched her jaw trying not to hold her hands to her head and collapse. Her eyes bounced across the room at all the ones from her dreams once more. Nimue lowered her shoulders taking in a deep breath to regain composure. "Thank you for being so kind to my new friend and I, Aevar. Sit with us." Nimue proposed, reaching her hands out and offering to accept the bucket of water for Marnie.

talk talk talk
think think think

Location: The Gold Rose Tavern| With: Aevar & Marnie| Mood: Sympathetic & Open Hearted

THE TRUE SOVEREIGN
Vail Fairfax
Male - 84 - Bisexual

Vail felt sympathy wash through him when he noticed the healer’s suffering. He lowered his voice a few levels. “I’m sorry. If I’d have known you had a bad headache I wouldn’t have been so enthusiastic. My mother used to make an herbal tea…I can’t remember what was in it, but it would whisk away…” His voice trailed away and he looked back toward the door, feeling his heart ache at the memory. He pushed it aside. There would be time to deal with it later. It was always “later”, wasn’t it? How many “laters” would he tell himself before they piled up high enough to collapse in on themselves, and take him with it?

The druid leaned close and whipsered in the rogue’s ear and he ignored every signal the woman was giving to the entire room, and left with her. Some men didn’t have an ounce of self preservation in their bodies when it came to matters of the opposite sex. Vail glanced toward the man she entered with (Vail guessed they were brother and sister), and saw him sitting next to the mercenary fellow in expensive full plate armour. After a moment, Expensive Full Plate stood with a bucket of water, carried it over the woman hidden behind Aenwyn and introduced himself to them as Aevar. Aevar? He knew that name.

Vair’s brows knit together in thought as studied Aevar. The armour. They way he carried himself and the way he spoke. It was quite noble. Or.. no…wait. “I’ve got it!” he murmured.

The door flung open, and the lazy eyed stable hand burst inside, bellowing loud enough to wake the dead and resurrect Aenwyn’s headache, asserting druid was going to let her bear eat “him”.”Him” being the rogue she left with, Vail assumed. He stood, pulling his gauntlets back on, and followed Aenwyn, unable to stop himself from laughing when she said she would get him back in one piece.

The young druid man leapt to his feet, and shot to the door behind Aenwyn, looking as if he was ready to catch on fire. Vail loosened his sword in its sheath, so it would be easier to draw if need be, and followed them out. The muddy ground had been churned up in a path leading straight to the bar. At some point, someone (and Vail would bet silver coin it was the rogue) had been dragged to the stable.

When he got the stable, he saw the pretty woman (he really did need to lea rn some names, here), holding the equally pretty roguish man close, venom in her eyes. A wolf and a bear stood nearby, growling menacingly.

“It doesn’t look like anyone’s bleeding.” He said. “Yet.”

Location: The Gold Rose Tavern & then the stables | With: Aenwyn, Agathon, Antigone, Julian, Barrow, Luna and Clover | Mood: compassionate, a bit of sadness, a lot of curiousity, and a bit nervous (of the sharped toothed furry animals)

The True Sovereign - Vail Fairfax
I am here: The Gold Rose Tavern
With: Myara, Aenwyn
Mood: Amused and curious

Vail felt sympathy wash through him when he noticed the healer’s suffering. He lowered his voice a few levels. “I’m sorry. If I’d have known you had a bad headache I wouldn’t have been so enthusiastic. My mother used to make an herbal tea…I can’t remember what was in it, but it would whisk away…” His voice trailed away and he looked back toward the door, feeling his heart ache at the memory. He pushed it aside. There would be time to deal with it later. It was always “later”, wasn’t it? How many “laters” would he tell himself before they piled up high enough to collapse in on themselves, and take him with it?

The druid leaned close and whipsered in the rogue’s ear and he ignored every signal the woman was giving to the entire room, and left with her. Some men didn’t have an ounce of self preservation in their bodies when it came to matters of the opposite sex. Vail glanced toward the man she entered with (Vail guessed they were brother and sister), and saw him sitting next to the mercenary fellow in expensive full plate armour. After a moment, Expensive Full Plate stood with a bucket of water, carried it over the woman hidden behind Aenwyn and introduced himself to them as Aevar. Aevar? He knew that name.

Vair’s brows knit together in thought as studied Aevar. The armour. They way he carried himself and the way he spoke. It was quite noble. Or.. no…wait. “I’ve got it!” he murmured.

The door flung open, and the lazy eyed stable hand burst inside, bellowing loud enough to wake the dead and resurrect Aenwyn’s headache, asserting druid was going to let her bear eat “him”.”Him” being the rogue she left with, Vail assumed. He stood, pulling his gauntlets back on, and followed Aenwyn, unable to stop himself from laughing when she said she would get him back in one piece.

The young druid man leapt to his feet, and shot to the door behind Aenwyn, looking as if he was ready to catch on fire. Vail loosened his sword in its sheath, so it would be easier to draw if need be, and followed them out. The muddy ground had been churned up in a path leading straight to the bar. At some point, someone (and Vail would bet silver coin it was the rogue) had been dragged to the stable.

When he got the stable, he saw the pretty woman (he really did need to learn some names, here), holding the equally pretty roguish man close, venom in her eyes. A wolf and a bear stood nearby, growling menacingly.

“It doesn’t look like anyone’s bleeding.” He said. “Yet.”

Last edited:

THE SELLSWORD

Myara Etyana Valar

Female - 28 - Gay

Surprisingly and in contrast with every indication from her body language, the druid opted for a more discreet approach in dealing with the rogue, taking his hand in her own and leaning in to speak to him in what appeared to be an urgent and conspiratorial whisper- he followed her out of the tavern without a second thought.

Myara's gaze followed Aenwyn's to the pair by the fire, which had just been joined by the armored mercenary with the halberd on his back. He seemed to have no ill intent- not that Myara would have cared either way, but this seemed to reassure the healer.

And then the peace was shattered by the overloud cry of the stablehand announcing dramatically that the druid was about to kill the rogue. Unlikely, Myara thought, since the woman had made the effort to get him out of there discreetly and would, therefore, not want to cause a scene and draw attention once outside.

Unsurprisingly, the man she assumed to be her brother bolted out of there after her, closely followed by Aenwyn, who called to the crowd at large that someone would need to break up the fight.

Predictably, Vail followed her out as well so, naturally, Myara followed suit.

When they got to the stables, Vail, Aenwyn and the other druid were focused on the pair in question. The redheaded woman had ahold of the rogue and murder in her eyes. The rogue seemed nervous and aware enough to realize he was in danger, but didn't appear to be making any moves to get away from her or her two animals.

Myara assessed the situation at a glance and, once she determined there was no immediate threat to Vail, merely walked over to stand next to him, ready to draw her blade at a moment's notice.

She gazed across the room towards the Healer and raised her eyebrows in the odd couple's direction as if to say You deal with this sort of nonsense a lot in your line of work?

Surprisingly and in contrast with every indication from her body language, the druid opted for a more discreet approach in dealing with the rogue, taking his hand in her own and leaning in to speak to him in what appeared to be an urgent and conspiratorial whisper- he followed her out of the tavern without a second thought.

Myara's gaze followed Aenwyn's to the pair by the fire, which had just been joined by the armored mercenary with the halberd on his back. He seemed to have no ill intent- not that Myara would have cared either way, but this seemed to reassure the healer.

And then the peace was shattered by the overloud cry of the stablehand announcing dramatically that the druid was about to kill the rogue. Unlikely, Myara thought, since the woman had made the effort to get him out of there discreetly and would, therefore, not want to cause a scene and draw attention once outside.

Unsurprisingly, the man she assumed to be her brother bolted out of there after her, closely followed by Aenwyn, who called to the crowd at large that someone would need to break up the fight.

Predictably, Vail followed her out as well so, naturally, Myara followed suit.

When they got to the stables, Vail, Aenwyn and the other druid were focused on the pair in question. The redheaded woman had ahold of the rogue and murder in her eyes. The rogue seemed nervous and aware enough to realize he was in danger, but didn't appear to be making any moves to get away from her or her two animals.

Myara assessed the situation at a glance and, once she determined there was no immediate threat to Vail, merely walked over to stand next to him, ready to draw her blade at a moment's notice.

She gazed across the room towards the Healer and raised her eyebrows in the odd couple's direction as if to say You deal with this sort of nonsense a lot in your line of work?

Last edited:
THE SORCERESS
Marnie Sapphire
Female - 84 - Bisexual

Nimue’s kind words, although simple, made a big impact on Marnie. For the first time in a long time she could see that someone had good intentions and truly meant what they were promising. ”My name is Marnie, Marnie Sapphire,” she said quietly as she looked at the woman as she tried to warm up. ”I would give you my coat, but as you can see, it’s rather soaked,” she chuckled shyly. Marnie had always had a talent for making others feel comfortable in their own skin and for pinpointing body language and how this linked to emotions, it was something she didn’t even have to consciously think about. Nimue’s raised shoulders, tensed muscles and the slight look of uncomfortableness on her face gave the hint to Marnie that she might be feeling unsafe or frightened in some way. Marnie placed her hand gently on Nimue’s shoulder, ”And what is your name?” she asked, looking into the woman’s eyes in order to gain her attention and distract her from the commotion surrounding them.

In her head, she began to speak an incantation, Wash away her fear, let me be a listening ear- but just as she was about to reach the second verse, the voice of a man broke her train of thought. She twisted her body, looking up at the man and back to Nimue. She grew more worried about her new friend as she saw her jaw clench. Marnie looked back up at the man, smiling at him, ”Thank you,” she uttered, sounding slightly astonished that two people had shown her such kindness in one day alone. She thought maybe she would once again have friends to spend time and go on adventures with, but she quickly pulled herself away from this optimistic thought for fear that she would be let down after all of her experiences with wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Location:The Golden Rose| With:Nimue ( viloxii viloxii ) & Aevar ( saxon saxon )| Mood:safe & comforted

Nimue’s kind words, although simple, made a big impact on Marnie. For the first time in a long time she could see that someone had good intentions and truly meant what they were promising. ”My name is Marnie, Marnie Sapphire,” she said quietly as she looked at the woman as she tried to warm up. ”I would give you my coat, but as you can see, it’s rather soaked,” she chuckled shyly. Marnie had always had a talent for making others feel comfortable in their own skin and for pinpointing body language and how this linked to emotions, it was something she didn’t even have to consciously think about. Nimue’s raised shoulders, tensed muscles and the slight look of uncomfortableness on her face gave the hint to Marnie that she might be feeling unsafe or frightened in some way. Marnie placed her hand gently on Nimue’s shoulder, ”And what is your name?” she asked, looking into the woman’s eyes in order to gain her attention and distract her from the commotion surrounding them.

In her head, she began to speak an incantation, Wash away her fear, let me be a listening ear- but just as she was about to reach the second verse, the voice of a man broke her train of thought. She twisted her body, looking up at the man and back to Nimue. She grew more worried about her new friend as she saw her jaw clench. Marnie looked back up at the man, smiling at him, ”Thank you,” she uttered, sounding slightly astonished that two people had shown her such kindness in one day alone. She thought maybe she would once again have friends to spend time and go on adventures with, but she quickly pulled herself away from this optimistic thought for fear that she would be let down after all of her experiences with wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Last edited:
THE ORACLE
Nimue
Female - 22 - Bisexual

Nimue smiled once Marnie shared her name. "My name is Nimue. It's nice to meet you, Marnie." It was very nice to meet someone that didn't sound or act so cold. Marnie thought to share her coat with Nimue, but decided against it due to it being soaked. "It's the thought that counts." Nimue replied holding back a wince of pain. The headache was still pounding, but it was lighter than before. That meant that Nimue was on the right track when it came to what The Path was. She knew she hadn't entirely completed her unknown task there, since the headache still lingered.

Nimue looked to Aevar and then back to Marnie. The tavern folk were loud as ever, and increasingly so. She examined the room again and began to gain a sense of who she needed to make sure she'd have a word with. "What do you say we go to the stables and help you clean up?" Nimue offered her assistance to Marnie. She struggled to get back onto her feet, but succeeded. Turning to Aevar she gave a lightly embarassed frown. "Usually I wouldn't but right now I need help with that bucket." Nimue requested Aevar's assistance.

talk talk talk
think think think

Location: The Gold Rose Tavern | With: Aevar ( saxon saxon ) & Marnie ( HumbugPie HumbugPie )| Mood: Ready

THE FALLEN HEIR
Aevar Istedir
Male - 22 - Straight

Aevar looked at Nimue as she stepped in front of the elf but quickly changed when he offered the bucket. When he noticed, the woman blushed a bit as he had offered them the bucket. Did I do something? Though I don't think that blush really meant much, maybe she had something in her drink? Though even I have to admit she is very beautiful. Though he inadvertently blushed from the whole situation, I was not really sure why he had. But he cleared his throat as he set the bucket down on the floor. When he was invited to join a table with the woman, "I would be honored to join you at your table." He then looked over at the water elf as she introduced herself as Marnie to which he gave the woman a bow of his head.

"Not a problem; it seems like no one else was going to help you, and its better than one of my friends who likes to boast about his looks. He tends to land himself into trouble," Aevar chuckled as he turned to Nimue as the only one who hadn't introduced themselves until Marnie had asked the question first. That was when Nimue had asked him to help carry the bucket as he noticed she had struggled to stand up. "No, I don't mind, its better than sitting here with these drunks. But it looked like you were struggling to get up, do you want to use me as support? The bucket isn't heavy so I can help you and carry it," He offered the Nimue as he bent down and picked up the bucket and offered her his hand for her to take if she wanted the help.
Location: The Gold Rose Tavern | With: Marnie ( HumbugPie HumbugPie & Nimue ( viloxii viloxii | Mood: Prepared

Aevar looked at Nimue as she stepped in front of the elf but quickly changed when he offered the bucket. When he noticed, the woman blushed a bit as he had offered them the bucket. Did I do something? Though I don't think that blush really meant much, maybe she had something in her drink? Though even I have to admit she is very beautiful. Though he inadvertently blushed from the whole situation, I was not really sure why he had. But he cleared his throat as he set the bucket down on the floor. When he was invited to join a table with the woman, "I would be honored to join you at your table." He then looked over at the water elf as she introduced herself as Marnie to which he gave the woman a bow of his head.

"Not a problem; it seems like no one else was going to help you, and its better than one of my friends who likes to boast about his looks. He tends to land himself into trouble," Aevar chuckled as he turned to Nimue as the only one who hadn't introduced themselves until Marnie had asked the question first. That was when Nimue had asked him to help carry the bucket as he noticed she had struggled to stand up. "No, I don't mind, its better than sitting here with these drunks. But it looked like you were struggling to get up, do you want to use me as support? The bucket isn't heavy so I can help you and carry it," He offered the Nimue as he bent down and picked up the bucket and offered her his hand for her to take if she wanted the help.

THE SORCERESS
Marnie Sapphire
Female - 84 - Bisexual

A smile finally began to appear on Marnie’s face as Nimue introduced herself and offered to help her clean her muddied clothes, ”thank you, both of you,” she said, giving each of them a thankful smile. Marnie pushed herself up off of the floor, taking off her coat and wincing at it as she noticed the muddy stains adorning the chest and collar. She knew she was a clumsy person, but to have that happen in front of all of those people was humiliating. Her wince changed into a slight frown as she thought about the words from the crowd. She would certainly look more closely at where she was walking from now on. Better to notice the stares of strangers than to trip and have those strangers stare and laugh at her at the same time, she thought.

She flung the coat over her shoulder, causing some droplets of water to splash onto another patron as he drank his mead. He slammed down his tankard onto the wooden tavern table and furrowed his brows at Marnie. She turned slowly at the bang of the metal tankard on the table, awkwardly smiling at the man before looking at her new friends ”can we get out of here, please?” she muttered quietly, still with a slightly embarrassed look on her face. It really wasn’t Marnie’s day and she wanted to escape as fast as possible. Grabbing her staff, she began to make her way out of the tavern and towards the stables where she and her friends could start cleaning off some of the mud on her clothes.

Location:The Golden Rose| With:Nimue ( viloxii viloxii ) & Aevar ( saxon saxon )| Mood:awkward & a bit embarrassed

A smile finally began to appear on Marnie’s face as Nimue introduced herself and offered to help her clean her muddied clothes, ”thank you, both of you,” she said, giving each of them a thankful smile. Marnie pushed herself up off of the floor, taking off her coat and wincing at it as she noticed the muddy stains adorning the chest and collar. She knew she was a clumsy person, but to have that happen in front of all of those people was humiliating. Her wince changed into a slight frown as she thought about the words from the crowd. She would certainly look more closely at where she was walking from now on. Better to notice the stares of strangers than to trip and have those strangers stare and laugh at her at the same time, she thought.

She flung the coat over her shoulder, causing some droplets of water to splash onto another patron as he drank his mead. He slammed down his tankard onto the wooden tavern table and furrowed his brows at Marnie. She turned slowly at the bang of the metal tankard on the table, awkwardly smiling at the man before looking at her new friends ”can we get out of here, please?” she muttered quietly, still with a slightly embarrassed look on her face. It really wasn’t Marnie’s day and she wanted to escape as fast as possible. Grabbing her staff, she began to make her way out of the tavern and towards the stables where she and her friends could start cleaning off some of the mud on her clothes.

Last edited:
THE FEMALE DRUID
Antigone
Female - 29 - Straight

Luna stepped forward, pressing her nose against Julian’s neck. She inhaled, then exhaled wetly, drawing a laugh from Antigone. “Luna!” She reached out to gently push the bear back, then glanced at Julian, her expression sobering.

It didn’t seem real, to see him standing there. Antigone half expected he would disappear if she blinked. How could she be sure he would keep his word? When they were kids, he always seemed to be happiest when he was antagonizing her, and she hated it. And there it was, that smirk he would get on his face when she was furious with him. Ugh, he hadn’t changed a bit! Except she had. As a child, her temper was quick and reactive, responding to everything in violent bursts. Julian had always been singularly gifted in triggering it, and the only person, before they ran away, who could penetrate that thick wall of anger, once it enveloped her, was her little brother. Afterward, it was the druids, in particular, Moira, who showed her the root of her anger, and gave her the tools to manage it. She could still hear Moira’s voice in these moments. Don’t feed his ego at the cost of your well-being child. Don’t give him that power over you.

Her first reaction wasn’t going to be to pummel the expression off his face, as she once would have done. Instead, she took a deep breath and stepped back, easing her grip on his arm but not letting go. Hopefully, she had managed to discreetly nip this in the bud before it became a bigger problem than she & Aggie could handle. The only thing that could make this worse would be if Prince Aevar showed up. They had been inseparable as kids; had that changed, or not? She may as well just put a gift bow on herself and knock on her parent’s door, then. Lord and Lady Fletchborne were notoriously monstrous people, and it was with the Sovereign’s blessing. Queen Iselde’s son would no doubt waste no breath in turning her and Agathon in. She refused to let any of her worry show, though. If there was one valuable thing she learned from her parents, it was how to show a brave face in adversity.

She tooth a stabilizing breath, “My name is Antigone, and what do you think I’ve been doing for the past 19 years? Agathon and I have been hiding. That’s my brother’s name. Oh, and if the idea of facing Barrow and Luna doesn’t scare you enough, consider this. We’re both fully initiated druids. Aggie could burn your hair off with the snap of his fingers.” She lifted her chin proudly.

Barrow barked softly, his gaze shifting to the door, along with Luna’s. Antigone followed their gaze, sucking in a soft breath when she saw her brother standing there. ”Aggie.” She said softy, seeing the flames limning his hands flicker out. Barrow gave a happy yelp and trotted toward him to gambol around him playfully.

Agathon’s assessing gaze travelled over her, his expression worried, then, growing to first wonder, then fear when he spotted Julian. She took a breath to reassure him, snapping her mouth shut when the elven healer approached, holding a chunk of half-eaten bread, and looking peevish and annoyed. Antigone could sympathize.

“Allright, who’s bleeding?” the healer demanded. Antigone decided she liked the healer’s no-nonsense attitude.

The tall, elven man in the remarkable full plate armour stepped up, his hand ready on the pommel of his sword and his gaze taking in the scene in glance. His straight, black hair, deeply undercut, was pulled back into a pony tail hanging in silken strands stopping between his shoulder blades. Antigone knew if he had his hair loose, it would hang nearly waist length. She glanced at Julian. He had stiff competition for the number one spot in “Best Hair on a Man”. He was followed by the white haired woman who had been sitting at the same table with the two elves.

The elven man spoke in a smooth tenor voice full of cheerful humour, “It doesn’t look like anyone’s bleeding. Yet.”

“No.”
Antigone shook her head. “I simply wanted to have a private word with this gentleman and clear up a misunderstanding. He mistook me for someone he knew a long time ago, and didn’t want to accept no for an answer. He understands his mistake, now. I am truly sorry your meals were disturbed.”

There it was again. That insistent pull from the earth to do something. What am I supposed to do?

Location: Tavern stables | With: Julian Ayama Ayama , Barrow, Luna, Clover, Agathon. So far. luxnoctis luxnoctis , Aenwyn Lost Echo Lost Echo , Myara, Vail | Mood: Anxious, frustrated, wary

The Female Druid - Antigone

I am here: In the stable
With: Julian, Barrow, Luna, Clover, Agathon, Aenwyn, Myara, Vail. So far.
Mood: Anxious, frustrated, wary

Luna stepped forward, pressing her nose against Julian’s neck. She inhaled, then exhaled wetly, drawing a laugh from Antigone. “Luna!” She reached out to gently push the bear back, then glanced at Julian, her expression sobering.

It didn’t seem real, to see him standing there. Antigone half expected he would disappear if she blinked. How could she be sure he would keep his word? When they were kids, he always seemed to be happiest when he was antagonizing her, and she hated it. And there it was, that smirk he would get on his face when she was furious with him. Ugh, he hadn’t changed a bit! Except she had. As a child, her temper was quick and reactive, responding to everything in violent bursts. Julian had always been singularly gifted in triggering it, and the only person, before they ran away, who could penetrate that thick wall of anger, once it enveloped her, was her little brother. Afterward, it was the druids, in particular, Moira, who showed her the root of her anger, and gave her the tools to manage it. She could still hear Moira’s voice in these moments. Don’t feed his ego at the cost of your well-being child. Don’t give him that power over you.

Her first reaction wasn’t going to be to pummel the expression off his face, as she once would have done. Instead, she took a deep breath and stepped back, easing her grip on his arm but not letting go. Hopefully, she had managed to discreetly nip this in the bud before it became a bigger problem than she & Aggie could handle. The only thing that could make this worse would be if Prince Aevar showed up. They had been inseparable as kids; had that changed, or not? She may as well just put a gift bow on herself and knock on her parent’s door, then. Lord and Lady Fletchborne were notoriously monstrous people, and it was with the Sovereign’s blessing. Queen Iselde’s son would no doubt waste no breath in turning her and Agathon in. She refused to let any of her worry show, though. If there was one valuable thing she learned from her parents, it was how to show a brave face in adversity.

She tooth a stabilizing breath, “My name is Antigone, and what do you think I’ve been doing for the past 19 years? Agathon and I have been hiding. That’s my brother’s name. Oh, and if the idea of facing Barrow and Luna doesn’t scare you enough, consider this. We’re both fully initiated druids. Aggie could burn your hair off with the snap of his fingers.” She lifted her chin proudly.

Barrow barked softly, his gaze shifting to the door, along with Luna’s. Antigone followed their gaze, sucking in a soft breath when she saw her brother standing there. ”Aggie.” She said softy, seeing the flames limning his hands flicker out. Barrow gave a happy yelp and trotted toward him to gambol around him playfully.

Agathon’s assessing gaze travelled over her, his expression worried, then, growing to first wonder, then fear when he spotted Julian. She took a breath to reassure him, snapping her mouth shut when the elven healer approached, holding a chunk of half-eaten bread, and looking peevish and annoyed. Antigone could sympathize.

“Allright, who’s bleeding?” the healer demanded. Antigone decided she liked the healer’s no-nonsense attitude.

The tall, elven man in the remarkable full plate armour stepped up, his hand ready on the pommel of his sword and his gaze taking in the scene in glance. His straight, black hair, deeply undercut, was pulled back into a pony tail hanging in silken strands stopping between his shoulder blades. Antigone knew if he had his hair loose, it would hang nearly waist length. She glanced at Julian. He had stiff competition for the number one spot in “Best Hair on a Man”. He was followed by the white haired woman who had been sitting at the same table with the two elves.

The elven man spoke in a smooth tenor voice full of cheerful humour, “It doesn’t look like anyone’s bleeding. Yet.”

“No.” Antigone shook her head. “I simply wanted to have a private word with this gentleman and clear up a misunderstanding. He mistook me for someone he knew a long time ago, and didn’t want to accept no for an answer. He understands his mistake, now. I am truly sorry your meals were disturbed.”

There it was again. That insistent pull from the earth to do something. What am I supposed to do?

Last edited:

THE THIEF

Julian Valerius the IIIrd

Male - 25 - Straight

When the bear decided to investigate by sniffing at his neck, Julian chuckled. The touch was soft and wet and distinctly animal. Big teddy bear, he thought, fully aware that, even with a soft side, she was absolutely capable of ripping out his throat, just like her owner.

Imogen laughed before she could stop herself, and Julian's smile brightened- he had always loved to hear her laugh. He remembered one supremely rare occasion as a child when, climbing a tree, he'd missed his footing and dropped down to the ground like a stone and landed ass over head, totally disoriented.

Imogen had laughed so hard that day- he didn't think he'd ever heard a more miraculous sound. She had a hard life, and was a hard person, and she didn't laugh often, except for her brother. That was the one time she had laughed because of him, but then, just as now, when she'd seen him smiling at her, she instantly scowled again. Something about him just rubbed her the wrong way.

Julian was saddened by this- the fact of it was, she simply didn't feel safe with him; with anyone, really, except for her brother, which was understandable, but particularly with him. And that was why she would never relax around him, never be happy and at peace the way she was with Declan and her animals, would never laugh freely at any of his jokes (though she would happily do so at his pain).

He knew the expression on her face well, and knew exactly what followed it. He tensed and closed his eyes, expecting the customary pummeling she would give him when they were children, thinking desperately Not the face, not the face, not the face...

When a few moments passed and the expected blow never came, he tentatively cracked open an eyelid, noticing that she had stepped back from him. He couldn't tell her grip had slackened because he still couldn't feel most of his arm, but she still had ahold of him as she took a deep, stabilizing breath. Hm, someone's been giving you anger management lessons I see, he thought inanely, feeling weirdly wrong-footed at the sudden change.

She finally answered his question, following this up with another threat. Oh good, back on familiar ground, he thought, strangely relieved.

He noticed the jut of her chin and heard the note of pride warming her voice on the last bit, and couldn't help but smile again. Ever the proud big sister, Im- Antigone, he corrected himself, knowing that if he got this wrong, she absolutely would kill him to shut him up.

At that moment, the druid and the animals lifted their gaze to see none other than the brother in question bursting in through the door, wreathed in flame, his eyes wide with a familiar panic.

He took in the scene at a glance and, once he was assured there was no danger to his sister, the flames died down. As a little brother, he'd always been overprotective and overly concerned (not without reason) but, based on what Julian had just seen, now, unlike then, he had become more than capable of lending a helping hand, should the need arise.

The wolf greeted him with dog-like enthusiasm, but Dec- Agathon's gaze (dammit, he needed to get a handle on this) was locked on his, eyes wide with the same horrified recognition as his sister.

That's cold, man, Julian thought. She might've always hated my guts, but you and I got along fine back in the day.

The tense scene was interrupted when the elf woman from the tavern walked in, holding a piece of bread and demanding to know in a terse and clearly annoyed voice if anyone was hurt. Julian, Agathon and Antigone all seemed to freeze at the sudden intrusion, which was quickly followed by the arrival of the armored elf and his grim-faced (he assumed) bodyguard.

The elf appeared relaxed and amused, his grumpy companion seemingly unconcerned with anything or anyone except for his safety, stepping in to stand in front of him, one hand resting on the hilt of her longsword.

Antigone glanced between the elf and Julian as if trying to decide who had the better hair. It's me, clearly, Julian thought mulishly, unconsciously running a hand through his own. This guy clearly doesn't take care of it and look- it's all just tied up at the back of his head! Amateur.

The look of alarm and concern that had passed between the two siblings previously vanished, as Antigone attempted to smooth over the situation, though Julian could still hear a tense undercurrent of fear in her voice- she clearly hadn't expected to have an audience for this, otherwise she wouldn't have bothered to get him out of the tavern so discreetly in the first place.

Understanding how crucial it was that he play along, both for their safety and for his own, and much as he hated having to lie about knowing them, he straightened to look at the new arrivals and tried not to think too hard about the fact that Antigone's hand was still on his arm.

"Ah yes, indeed," he declared, easily sliding into his usual relaxed persona, "it was simply a mistake on my part, but we have worked things out and cleared things up, so no one need worry any further."

He glanced over at Agathon then, as if to say I'm not a threat to either of you- I promise I won't reveal your secret.

When the bear decided to investigate by sniffing at his neck, Julian chuckled. The touch was soft and wet and distinctly animal. Big teddy bear, he thought, fully aware that, even with a soft side, she was absolutely capable of ripping out his throat, just like her owner.

Imogen laughed before she could stop herself, and Julian's smile brightened- he had always loved to hear her laugh. He remembered one supremely rare occasion as a child when, climbing a tree, he'd missed his footing and dropped down to the ground like a stone and landed ass over head, totally disoriented.

Imogen had laughed so hard that day- he didn't think he'd ever heard a more miraculous sound. She had a hard life, and was a hard person, and she didn't laugh often, except for her brother. That was the one time she had laughed because of him, but then, just as now, when she'd seen him smiling at her, she instantly scowled again. Something about him just rubbed her the wrong way.

Julian was saddened by this- the fact of it was, she simply didn't feel safe with him; with anyone, really, except for her brother, which was understandable, but particularly with him. And that was why she would never relax around him, never be happy and at peace the way she was with Declan and her animals, would never laugh freely at any of his jokes (though she would happily do so at his pain).

He knew the expression on her face well, and knew exactly what followed it. He tensed and closed his eyes, expecting the customary pummeling she would give him when they were children, thinking desperately Not the face, not the face, not the face...

When a few moments passed and the expected blow never came, he tentatively cracked open an eyelid, noticing that she had stepped back from him. He couldn't tell her grip had slackened because he still couldn't feel most of his arm, but she still had ahold of him as she took a deep, stabilizing breath. Hm, someone's been giving you anger management lessons I see, he thought inanely, feeling weirdly wrong-footed at the sudden change.

She finally answered his question, following this up with another threat. Oh good, back on familiar ground, he thought, strangely relieved.

He noticed the jut of her chin and heard the note of pride warming her voice on the last bit, and couldn't help but smile again. Ever the proud big sister, Im- Antigone, he corrected himself, knowing that if he got this wrong, she absolutely would kill him to shut him up.

At that moment, the druid and the animals lifted their gaze to see none other than the brother in question bursting in through the door, wreathed in flame, his eyes wide with a familiar panic.

He took in the scene at a glance and, once he was assured there was no danger to his sister, the flames died down. As a little brother, he'd always been overprotective and overly concerned (not without reason) but, based on what Julian had just seen, now, unlike then, he had become more than capable of lending a helping hand, should the need arise.

The wolf greeted him with dog-like enthusiasm, but Dec- Agathon's gaze (dammit, he needed to get a handle on this) was locked on his, eyes wide with the same horrified recognition as his sister.

That's cold, man, Julian thought. She might've always hated my guts, but you and I got along fine back in the day.

The tense scene was interrupted when the elf woman from the tavern walked in, holding a piece of bread and demanding to know in a terse and clearly annoyed voice if anyone was hurt. Julian, Agathon and Antigone all seemed to freeze at the sudden intrusion, which was quickly followed by the arrival of the armored elf and his grim-faced (he assumed) bodyguard.

The elf appeared relaxed and amused, his grumpy companion seemingly unconcerned with anything or anyone except for his safety, stepping in to stand in front of him, one hand resting on the hilt of her longsword.

Antigone glanced between the elf and Julian as if trying to decide who had the better hair. It's me, clearly, Julian thought mulishly, unconsciously running a hand through his own. This guy clearly doesn't take care of it and look- it's all just tied up at the back of his head! Amateur.

The look of alarm and concern that had passed between the two siblings previously vanished, as Antigone attempted to smooth over the situation, though Julian could still hear a tense undercurrent of fear in her voice- she clearly hadn't expected to have an audience for this, otherwise she wouldn't have bothered to get him out of the tavern so discreetly in the first place.

Understanding how crucial it was that he play along, both for their safety and for his own, and much as he hated having to lie about knowing them, he straightened to look at the new arrivals and tried not to think too hard about the fact that Antigone's hand was still on his arm.

"Ah yes, indeed," he declared, easily sliding into his usual relaxed persona, "it was simply a mistake on my part, but we have worked things out and cleared things up, so no one need worry any further."

He glanced over at Agathon then, as if to say I'm not a threat to either of you- I promise I won't reveal your secret.

Last edited:
THE ORACLE
Nimue
Female - 22 - Bisexual

Nimue squinted her eyes trying not to cry from the headache. Although it had eased up, it was still dibilitating. She reached her hand out and grabbed Aevar's hand lightly. She wrapped her cold delicate hands around his warm glove, using it as a support to get to her feet. "Thank you kindly, Aevar." Nimue thanked him warmly. Nimue's head relaxed even more as she stood, meaning she was still on the right path. She hoped ever so hard that whoever else she needed to run into was in the stables so that she would be relieved of this headache. I wonder if people think this oracle thing is a gift from the Gods... It's funny, because it's quite the opposite. It seems a blight from the devils below, slowly destroying me. I wonder how long I can hide this. Mahgra said hiding this was the only way I would stay safe. It was easier for Nimue to breathe now that she was on her feet.

When Marnie thanked them both, Nimue felt pity for her. The gesture that Aevar and Nimue had just made was basic decency. Marnie deserved kindness just as much as anyone else. Nimue hoped that one day, Kalais would be a safe place for all kinds.
"It is no problem, really Marnie. No worries." Nimue replied kindly sending a smile. Nimue struggled to let go of Aevar's hand. It was quite comforting, but she managed to anyways. Otherwise it would've been awkward.

Marnie slung her cloak over her shoulder, splashing droplets upon the face of a nearby patron. Nimue was quickly ready to confront the man when she saw him make a face. A sharp pain shot through her spinal cord, signalling her to do no such thing.
"Alright let's be on our way." She struggled to let out.

talk talk talk
think think think

Location: The Gold Rose Tavern | With: Aevar ( saxon saxon ) & Marnie ( HumbugPie HumbugPie )| Mood: Pained but Determined

THE HEALER
Aenwyn
Female - 97 - Gay

As the healer stood at the entrance, a redhead blazed past her, literal fire nipping at his heels. His flames flared at the sight of the two, for no good reason Aenwyn could see. Especially while in a wooden structure, soaked though it was. The woman, his sister most likely, was in perfect control of the situation. The stable boy had gotten that much correct. He never even implied she was in danger. Everything else…well, there certainly was a bear framing her muscled form and a wolf at her side. (How did she convince the stablehands to take them in the first place?) But no eating appeared to be happening. Not even a little maiming. Which was good: it was a pain to regrow that much flesh and the pretty boy would never be the same.

Aenwyn sighed heavily when she heard Mr. Talkative speak behind her. Yet. Well, she did ask for the muscle to fight the bear. He certainly fit the bill. No wonder his companion looked long-suffering. The elf probably looked forward to wrestling them. She met the woman’s eyes, reading the question there. The healer gave a little shrug, her eyes flicking up toward the bear and back. That was new. Otherwise, after a while, all spats blended together. A handsy idiot, a lover’s quarrel, some sort of jealousy. They were all the same to her. Just heal the damage inflicted and remind the participants they were all idiots.

Aenwyn finished off her piece of bread joylessly and listened to whatever lies the woman was going to make up. They always did. It wasn’t like she cared about their secrets. If they’d told her, she’d forget by the next day. Her job was to make sure everyone was in one piece. Beyond that, the druid could threaten the pretty boy all she wanted. Still, a frown crossed her face. How true was her claim he couldn’t take no? Just in case, she made sure to glare extra hard at the man. The details didn’t matter. A man like him needed to know that ‘no’ was a complete sentence. The rogue’s lie came out smoother, obviously having more experience. She would have believed it if he’d not glanced over to the brother. She’d bet her bed tonight those three knew each other. How or why did not matter.

They could keep their secrets, just “Keep it that way.” Aenwyen sided heavily. “And maybe keep the threats a bit more implicit.” Their gaze raised up to the bear, then back to the druid, “It’s not like you need them to break him like a twig.” The healer did not manage to keep her appreciation out of her voice. But seriously, even if she was crazy (which was slightly less likely than before) she was still hot as hel. She was a healer: she appreciated a well-made body.

With:
too many people |
Mood:
Can I go inside yet?

As the healer stood at the entrance, a redhead blazed past her, literal fire nipping at his heels. His flames flared at the sight of the two, for no good reason Aenwyn could see. Especially while in a wooden structure, soaked though it was. The woman, his sister most likely, was in perfect control of the situation. The stable boy had gotten that much correct. He never even implied she was in danger. Everything else…well, there certainly was a bear framing her muscled form and a wolf at her side. (How did she convince the stablehands to take them in the first place?) But no eating appeared to be happening. Not even a little maiming. Which was good: it was a pain to regrow that much flesh and the pretty boy would never be the same.

Aenwyn sighed heavily when she heard Mr. Talkative speak behind her. Yet. Well, she did ask for the muscle to fight the bear. He certainly fit the bill. No wonder his companion looked long-suffering. The elf probably looked forward to wrestling them. She met the woman’s eyes, reading the question there. The healer gave a little shrug, her eyes flicking up toward the bear and back. That was new. Otherwise, after a while, all spats blended together. A handsy idiot, a lover’s quarrel, some sort of jealousy. They were all the same to her. Just heal the damage inflicted and remind the participants they were all idiots.

Aenwyn finished off her piece of bread joylessly and listened to whatever lies the woman was going to make up. They always did. It wasn’t like she cared about their secrets. If they’d told her, she’d forget by the next day. Her job was to make sure everyone was in one piece. Beyond that, the druid could threaten the pretty boy all she wanted. Still, a frown crossed her face. How true was her claim he couldn’t take no? Just in case, she made sure to glare extra hard at the man. The details didn’t matter. A man like him needed to know that ‘no’ was a complete sentence. The rogue’s lie came out smoother, obviously having more experience. She would have believed it if he’d not glanced over to the brother. She’d bet her bed tonight those three knew each other. How or why did not matter.

They could keep their secrets, just “Keep it that way.” Aenwyen sided heavily. “And maybe keep the threats a bit more implicit.” Their gaze raised up to the bear, then back to the druid, “It’s not like you need them to break him like a twig.” The healer did not manage to keep her appreciation out of her voice. But seriously, even if she was crazy (which was slightly less likely than before) she was still hot as hel. She was a healer: she appreciated a well-made body.

THE FALLEN HEIR
Aevar Istedir
Male - 22 - Straight

With the bucket in his hand, he had helped Nimue back to her feet. He noticed it felt cold to the touch even though his glove, though he didn't really pay it much mind as it was raining. "You are welcome, you seemed like you needed the help, and I was able to do so." He replied with a smile as he turned to hear Marnie comment that she was ready to go to the stables; he watched as the mud droplets hit another patron nearby as she flung the top over her shoulder. He watched as the water elf grabbed her staff and made her way across the tavern. He kept his eye on the man that had been hit with the mud droplets just to be safe. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught off guard by a tavern brawl.

When he saw the man not get up from his seat, he indicated that he wasn't going to get up at least not right away. Well this is a rather strange occurrence if I have to say so. Though I guess it's a welcome distraction from my search, for all I know I could even find a job if I keep my ears open. He thought to himself as he followed after Nimue when she moved in front of the man and she seemed to regret that she struggled to speak. "Starting a fight here wouldn't be the best idea," he muttered as he placed his free hand on her shoulder gently moving her forward but keeping a good enough grip to stop her from falling forward. At this point in time he wasn't sure what to think for the two women he had run into but, he had offered them his help and he would see if through. After all he didn't want to lose sight of Marnie just to be safe so was going to the stable next.

talk talk talk think think think

Location: The Gold Rose Tavern | With: Marnie ( HumbugPie HumbugPie & Nimue ( viloxii viloxii | Mood: Confused and dutiful

With the bucket in his hand, he had helped Nimue back to her feet. He noticed it felt cold to the touch even though his glove, though he didn't really pay it much mind as it was raining. "You are welcome, you seemed like you needed the help, and I was able to do so." He replied with a smile as he turned to hear Marnie comment that she was ready to go to the stables; he watched as the mud droplets hit another patron nearby as she flung the top over her shoulder. He watched as the water elf grabbed her staff and made her way across the tavern. He kept his eye on the man that had been hit with the mud droplets just to be safe. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught off guard by a tavern brawl.

When he saw the man not get up from his seat, he indicated that he wasn't going to get up at least not right away. Well this is a rather strange occurrence if I have to say so. Though I guess it's a welcome distraction from my search, for all I know I could even find a job if I keep my ears open. He thought to himself as he followed after Nimue when she moved in front of the man and she seemed to regret that she struggled to speak. "Starting a fight here wouldn't be the best idea," he muttered as he placed his free hand on her shoulder gently moving her forward but keeping a good enough grip to stop her from falling forward. At this point in time he wasn't sure what to think for the two women he had run into but, he had offered them his help and he would see if through. After all he didn't want to lose sight of Marnie just to be safe so was going to the stable next.

Last edited:
THE ORACLE
Nimue
Female - 22 - Bisexual

Nimue exhaled slightly ashamed of herself as she was correctly reminded not to cause any extra havoc within the taven. Aevar's hand on her shoulder confirmed to Nimue that he would also not prefer a fight. He's not wrong. Nimue thought following Aevar's direction. Marnie rushed to the door that led to the stables. Nimue felt massive relief from her headache as the (Bucket Brigade) walked across the busy floor of the tavern towards the stables. It felt as if a force from the Other Side (Literally us) was telling her it was becoming a more urgent matter. Well that's a good start. What a relief! I'm going the right way. She thought to herself full of hope. Her anxiety was calmed and it became easier to speak, though she chose not to for now. She wanted to experience the serenity that came from the subsided headache.

Nimue was able to properly organize her steps on her own now and her pace quickened. Following quickly behind Marnie, she was able to make it in front of her to hold the door open. She wanted to help her to the door, but getting closer to the door also weakened the damned headache she had. Placing her palm of her hand on the door she pushed it open to see an group standing in the middle of the room. Nimue's headache nearly disappeared entirely. Everything came back to her. This was why she was here. This was no trivial meeting, and Nimue knew it. These were the ones to restore Kalais. And there in the middle was the True Sovereign.

"G-Greetings."
She nervously said, shaking in her shoes.

TALK
THOUGHTS

THE TRUE SOVEREIGN
Vail Fairfax
Male - 84 - Bisexual

Vail released the pommel of his sword, grateful there wouldn’t be any bear wrestling today. He’d seen druids connected with animals of all kinds. Hawks, owls, cats, bats, snakes…the list went on. Still, it was impressive as heck to see the bear and the wolf before him. He smiled as he spotted the mouse. And the mouse, of course. Once, according to his father, it was common for kings to consult druids on matters of importance, but the practice fell out of favour a few centuries after the war that divided the kingdoms. It was a pity. The general state of things might be a lot less shitty, overall, if they had kept it up.

He listened to the druid woman try to explain was what going on, and the human beside her supported it with his version of events (a lot more convincingly than the woman), but, their body language spoke volumes. There was a history there, of some kind. His gaze flickered over to the woman’s brother and the expression of panicked recognition there. Oh, most definitely.

A dark brow quirked upward when Aenwyn spoke, unable to hide the admiration in her voice when she mentioned the druid woman could break the human roque like a twig. His laughter rang out. “True, she likely doesn’t, but you have to admit, the bear, wolf, and, of course, the mouse –“ he nodded his head in amused respect to the mouse gazing imperiously at everyone from its post on the woman’s shoulder, “ – are impressive. How on earth did you convince the stable hands to stall them?” His gaze searched out Whisper, who was calmly watching the proceedings while chewing a mouthful of grain. “You’re certainly taking it well.”

A door attaching the stables to the tavern (now why hadn’t they noticed that door and used it instead of marching out into the cursed rain) open and 3 more people entered. Aevar (Prince Aevar Istedir, Vail was certain) carried a bucket in one hand, and escorted the beautiful brunette woman he’d spotted earlier. He was glad to see she was looking much better, if a little chilled. With them was a young half water elf who looked remarkably like –

“Marnie Sapphire?” He whispered softly, feeling his heart skip in his chest, and the blood drain from his face. He reached out a hand to steady himself, muttering an apology when he grabbed onto the wolf instead of a wall, or a post. All this time, he thought he was the only survivor of the attack on Selone nearly 3 years ago. Two days after, he had gone back to see if anyone, or anything, was left, but there was nothing but brutalized, crow-pecked corpses, more of then villagers than bandits, littering the streets like discarded dolls, and the shells of burnt out houses. He’d wanted to run, but he made himself search every street and every home, desperate to find anything to indicate someone else was alive. Well, almost every home. He couldn’t bring himself to back to his own, not wanting to see his father’s headless carcass again.

A toy, strangely intact among the destruction. Broken plates. Torn fabric. So much blood and the smell of burnt bodies. Oh, the smell! Delicate white lily of the valley, his mother’s favourite flower, crushed into the earth near a bolt of purple fabric, stained with blood and mud, discarded on the ground outside a customer’s home. People everywhere, sightless eyes cast to the sky, to him, to the trees. Crows screaming, laughing, taunting. Birds singing, perversely cheerful. Sun bright. Flies. Buzzing. A soft shaft of sunlight spotlighting a delicate hand missing its body. The lowing of cows desperate to be milked.

“Is it really you?” He asked in frail voice. “Bless me, it really is you.”

Marnie was soaked to the skin, covered in mud, but it was her. No mistaking it. It really was her, and to him, mud, water and everything, she was beautiful. He took an unsteady step forward, then another, closing the distance between them to pull her into a tight hug, mud be damned. The dam he’d built over the years to keep his emotions at bay burst wide open, and he hunched over, sobbing into her shoulder. I was convinced I was alone.” He sobbed hoarsely in elvish.

Location: the stables | With:Hail, hail, the gangs all here | Mood: SOOOOOOOBBBBB!

I am here:
The Stables
With: Myara, Aewyn, Agathon, Antigone, Julian and animals.
Mood: SOOOOOOOBBBBB!

Vail released the pommel of his sword, grateful there wouldn’t be any bear wrestling today. He’d seen druids connected with animals of all kinds. Hawks, owls, cats, bats, snakes…the list went on. Still, it was impressive as heck to see the bear and the wolf before him. He smiled as he spotted the mouse. And the mouse, of course. Once, according to his father, it was common for kings to consult druids on matters of importance, but the practice fell out of favour a few centuries after the war that divided the kingdoms. It was a pity. The general state of things might be a lot less shitty, overall, if they had kept it up.

He listened to the druid woman try to explain was what going on, and the human beside her supported it with his version of events (a lot more convincingly than the woman), but, their body language spoke volumes. There was a history there, of some kind. His gaze flickered over to the woman’s brother and the expression of panicked recognition there. Oh, most definitely.

A dark brow quirked upward when Aenwyn spoke, unable to hide the admiration in her voice when she mentioned the druid woman could break the human roque like a twig. His laughter rang out. “True, she likely doesn’t, but you have to admit, the bear, wolf, and, of course, the mouse –“ he nodded his head in amused respect to the mouse gazing imperiously at everyone from its post on the woman’s shoulder, “ – are impressive. How on earth did you convince the stable hands to stall them?” His gaze searched out Whisper, who was calmly watching the proceedings while chewing a mouthful of grain. “You’re certainly taking it well.”

A door attaching the stables to the tavern (now why hadn’t they noticed that door and used it instead of marching out into the cursed rain) open and 3 more people entered. Aevar (Prince Aevar Istedir, Vail was certain) carried a bucket in one hand, and escorted the beautiful brunette woman he’d spotted earlier. He was glad to see she was looking much better, if a little chilled. With them was a young half water elf who looked remarkably like –

“Marnie Sapphire?” He whispered softly, feeling his heart skip in his chest, and the blood drain from his face. He reached out a hand to steady himself, muttering an apology when he grabbed onto the wolf instead of a wall, or a post. All this time, he thought he was the only survivor of the attack on Selone nearly 3 years ago. Two days after, he had gone back to see if anyone, or anything, was left, but there was nothing but brutalized, crow-pecked corpses, more of then villagers than bandits, littering the streets like discarded dolls, and the shells of burnt out houses. He’d wanted to run, but he made himself search every street and every home, desperate to find anything to indicate someone else was alive. Well, almost every home. He couldn’t bring himself to back to his own, not wanting to see his father’s headless carcass again.

A toy, strangely intact among the destruction. Broken plates. Torn fabric. So much blood and the smell of burnt bodies. Oh, the smell! Delicate white lily of the valley, his mother’s favourite flower, crushed into the earth near a bolt of purple fabric, stained with blood and mud, discarded on the ground outside a customer’s home. People everywhere, sightless eyes cast to the sky, to him, to the trees. Crows screaming, laughing, taunting. Birds singing, perversely cheerful. Sun bright. Flies. Buzzing. A soft shaft of sunlight spotlighting a delicate hand missing its body. The lowing of cows desperate to be milked.

“Is it really you?” He asked in frail voice. “Bless me, it really is you.”

Marnie was soaked to the skin, covered in mud, but it was her. No mistaking it and to him, mud, water and everything, she was beautiful. He took an unsteady step forward, then another, closing the distance between them to pull her into a tight hug, mud be damned. The dam he’d built over the years to keep his emotions at bay burst wide open, and he hunched over, sobbing into her shoulder. “I was convinced I was alone.” He sobbed hoarsely in elvish.

Last edited:

THE SELLSWORD

Myara Etyana Valar

Female - 28 - Gay

Myara could tell that the druid was uncomfortable with the sudden arrival of an audience to what she'd clearly intended to be a private conversation. As with earlier, she seemed to tense up, then think better of it and calm down, making an unconvincing attempt at levity.

The rogue followed suit, slipping easily into what she could only assume was his usual persona and running a hand through his overly-groomed hair.

Myara didn't fail to notice the look he gave the druid's brother though, and she could tell at a glance that, strained as the relationship between the three of them might be, they clearly had a bond that couldn't be denied and was apparent to anyone with eyes.

She also noticed that the rogue's fingers hung nervelessly at his side and the druid still had ahold of his arm- she'd employed a similar technique herself on many a blackguard in her day, and knew the signs well, chuckling silently and discreetly at the sight.

The healer had caught her gaze and shrugged in response to her previous question, eyes flicking over to the bear. Yes, I suppose that probably isn't something she has to deal with every day, Myara thought.

She chuckled again at Aenwyn's assessment- it was true the druid clearly needed no help from her animals and had things with the rogue well under control. Vail, as usual, was amused by the whole thing, and Myara rolled her eyes as he talked to his horse as if it could understand him.

It's an animal and you're not a druid, Vail, she thought, what's the point in talking to it?

At that moment, the door opened again, and who should join them but the pair from the fire and the armored warrior with the halberd on his back. Myara sighed and thought back to her earlier internal reflection that they would need to adjourn to the stables to have some space.

So much for that theory, she lamented, hoping Vail would let them get out of here soon.

A hope that was dashed to pieces with his next words. The shocked tone of his voice put Myara instantly on alert, and she pivoted to face whatever threat it was, sliding her sword about an inch out of its sheath.

Vail had gone white and seemed to lose his footing, going so far as to grab the wolf to steady himself, but he barely seemed to notice, his face locked onto that of the mud-spattered waterelf like he'd just seen a ghost.

Myara had seen that haunted look in his face twice before- the night they'd met, and a couple months later when, getting drunk at a tavern much like this one, Vail had told her about his village and the massacre that had sent him on his path all those years ago.

Myara hadn't said much- she wasn't exactly great with words of sympathy or the like, and she'd never experienced something similar herself (back in her army days, she'd both witnessed and inflicted her fair share of horror, but had never been the one on the receiving end). It had changed the way she saw the elf, though- knowing that under his infuriatingly upbeat and talkative facade was raw pain.

Vail took first one unsteady step then another towards the elf in question, who appeared not to present any sort of threat, and pulled her into a sudden and tight embrace.

With no concern for the full audience to this scene, he bawled on the elf's shoulder, slipping into elvish, and Myara nervously scratched the back of her neck and looked away, hoping it would be over soon- she had always been uncomfortable around other people's emotions.

Myara could tell that the druid was uncomfortable with the sudden arrival of an audience to what she'd clearly intended to be a private conversation. As with earlier, she seemed to tense up, then think better of it and calm down, making an unconvincing attempt at levity.

The rogue followed suit, slipping easily into what she could only assume was his usual persona and running a hand through his overly-groomed hair.

Myara didn't fail to notice the look he gave the druid's brother though, and she could tell at a glance that, strained as the relationship between the three of them might be, they clearly had a bond that couldn't be denied and was apparent to anyone with eyes.

She also noticed that the rogue's fingers hung nervelessly at his side and the druid still had ahold of his arm- she'd employed a similar technique herself on many a blackguard in her day, and knew the signs well, chuckling silently and discreetly at the sight.

The healer had caught her gaze and shrugged in response to her previous question, eyes flicking over to the bear. Yes, I suppose that probably isn't something she has to deal with every day, Myara thought.

She chuckled again at Aenwyn's assessment- it was true the druid clearly needed no help from her animals and had things with the rogue well under control. Vail, as usual, was amused by the whole thing, and Myara rolled her eyes as he talked to his horse as if it could understand him.

It's an animal and you're not a druid, Vail, she thought, what's the point in talking to it?

At that moment, the door opened again, and who should join them but the pair from the fire and the armored warrior with the halberd on his back. Myara sighed and thought back to her earlier internal reflection that they would need to adjourn to the stables to have some space.

So much for that theory, she lamented, hoping Vail would let them get out of here soon.

A hope that was dashed to pieces with his next words. The shocked tone of his voice put Myara instantly on alert, and she pivoted to face whatever threat it was, sliding her sword about an inch out of its sheath.

Vail had gone white and seemed to lose his footing, going so far as to grab the wolf to steady himself, but he barely seemed to notice, his face locked onto that of the mud-spattered waterelf like he'd just seen a ghost.

Myara had seen that haunted look in his face twice before- the night they'd met, and a couple months later when, getting drunk at a tavern much like this one, Vail had told her about his village and the massacre that had sent him on his path all those years ago.

Myara hadn't said much- she wasn't exactly great with words of sympathy or the like, and she'd never experienced something similar herself (back in her army days, she'd both witnessed and inflicted her fair share of horror, but had never been the one on the receiving end). It had changed the way she saw the elf, though- knowing that under his infuriatingly upbeat and talkative facade was raw pain.

Vail took first one unsteady step then another towards the elf in question, who appeared not to present any sort of threat, and pulled her into a sudden and tight embrace.

With no concern for the full audience to this scene, he bawled on the elf's shoulder, slipping into elvish, and Myara nervously scratched the back of her neck and looked away, hoping it would be over soon- she had always been uncomfortable around other people's emotions.

Last edited:
THE SORCERESS
Marnie Sapphire
Female - 84 - Bisexual

Marnie stayed behind Nimue and Aevar as they opened the door to the stables, taking her coat off of her shoulder and twisting it to ring out the last few squeezes of water as they entered. As she was nonchalantly placing her coat over the top of a stable fence next to her to let it air out, the sound of a familiar voice uttering her name caused her to freeze on the spot. The comfort and warmth of hearing a familiar voice had been something she hadn’t heard in so long; it was startling.

A shiver ran up her spine, causing her hairs to stand on end and her face to turn a light teal colour, signifying the sudden feeling of nausea that filled her stomach. She turned to look at the person who had uttered her name, in order to put a face to that familiar voice. As the other elf stumbled to hold onto something to steady himself, Marnie let out an audible gasp. It wasn’t fear, nor anger or frustration, it was pure surprise. The eyes that met hers brought back so many fond childhood memories, followed by those of the heart wrenching pain she felt as she fled from her home. ”Vail?” she let out in a breathy, quiet voice.

Her eyes welled up with tears as Vail realised that it was truly her. Opening her arms as he walked towards her, she wrapped him in a caring embrace. Hearing his sobbing on her shoulder, her own tears began to stream down her cheeks in response. Marnie brought her hand up to the back of his head, cradling it and stroking his hair to comfort him and to confirm to herself that he was real and not some awful traumatising hallucination. ”I thought everyone was-” she stopped, scrunching her eyes tightly shut and lowering her head into the side of his neck. ”But you’re here, you’re real,” she sobbed, bringing her arms around his waist.

Location: The stables | With: Everyone | Mood: Very emotion, much sob

Marnie stayed behind Nimue and Aevar as they opened the door to the stables, taking her coat off of her shoulder and twisting it to ring out the last few squeezes of water as they entered. As she was nonchalantly placing her coat over the top of a stable fence next to her to let it air out, the sound of a familiar voice uttering her name caused her to freeze on the spot. The comfort and warmth of hearing a familiar voice had been something she hadn’t heard in so long; it was startling.

A shiver ran up her spine, causing her hairs to stand on end and her face to turn a light teal colour, signifying the sudden feeling of nausea that filled her stomach. She turned to look at the person who had uttered her name, in order to put a face to that familiar voice. As the other elf stumbled to hold onto something to steady himself, Marnie let out an audible gasp. It wasn’t fear, nor anger or frustration, it was pure surprise. The eyes that met hers brought back so many fond childhood memories, followed by those of the heart wrenching pain she felt as she fled from her home. ”Vail?” she let out in a breathy, quiet voice.

Her eyes welled up with tears as Vail realised that it was truly her. Opening her arms as he walked towards her, she wrapped him in a caring embrace. Hearing his sobbing on her shoulder, her own tears began to stream down her cheeks in response. Marnie brought her hand up to the back of his head, cradling it and stroking his hair to comfort him and to confirm to herself that he was real and not some awful traumatising hallucination. ”I thought everyone was-” she stopped, scrunching her eyes tightly shut and lowering her head into the side of his neck. ”But you’re here, you’re real,” she sobbed, bringing her arms around his waist.

Last edited:
THE FEMALE DRUID
Antigone
Female - 29 - Straight
Antigone knew she wasn’t convincing anyone, but she couldn’t take the risk any of them wouldn’t run off to send a message to her parents. She saw the doubt in both of the women’s eyes, and in the elven warrior’s eyes, though his carried much less aggression that either woman’s did. She didn’t doubt for one moment her parents would pair a considerable amount of money for their “safe return”, nor would she condemn most people for accepted that reward. With more and more people struggling to feed themselves, the temptation would, understandably, be too much. She’d still be pissed, though.

She laughed out loud when the healer said she could break Julian like a twig. If only they knew how true it was. At least when they were kids. On her shoulder, Clover preened under the attention the elven man gave. “Don’t get too much of a swelled head, young mouse.” She whispered, reaching up to stroke his cheek with her fingertip.

The barn door opened and the brunette who was ill-dressed for the weather came in, with a man in familiar full plate armour. She remembered seeing other members of the royal family wear similar suits, and how a very young Prince Aevar would brag about the one he would wear. Well. Fuck. She kept her expression carefully composed, studying his face before jumping hysterically to conclusions. She’d already caused one scene tonight, in spite of her best effort; she didn’t need to cause another. If it was Prince Aevar, chances are he wouldn’t remember much about her or her brother. He was the youngest of them, and had only been 3 when she escaped. She closed her eyes, remembering young Aevar following them all around imperiously, and then opened them to compare her mental image of him then with who she saw.

Well. Fuck. Was the queen about to stride through the streets now? She wasn’t going back without a fight, and fighting was something she’d always been good at.

She opened her mouth to speak, when the elven man suddenly gasped out a name, staring at the water elf, who was busily wringing out her saturated cloak. If the day didn’t end in disaster, she would ask Aggie to help her dry her clothing.

“Steady, Barrow.” She said softly, when the elf’s knees threatened give out and he steadied himself on Barrow’s shoulder. The water elf, who could possibly be Marnie, looked up at him and whispered a name, too faint for Antigone to hear. She glanced at Luna, raising her eyebrows questioningly. Vail, came the answer.

Vail took a few staggering steps toward Marnie, who was opening her arms to him, and they embraced one another for a very emotional, very touchingly happy reunion. The tearful sounds of elvish rang through the stables, and she tilted her head to one side, watching with interest. How nice for them. Genuinely. At least someone was have a welcome reunion.

She sighed and let go of Julian’s arm, whispering softly, “You better speak to Prince Aevar before I do.”

Location: Stables | With: Many she doesn't know, a couple she wishes she didn't | Mood: Fed up, over it & why the HELL can’t I have a happy reunion?!

The Female Druid - Antigone

I am here: In the stable
With: Many she doesn't know, a couple she wishes she didn't
Mood: Fed up, over it & why the HELL can’t I have a happy reunion?!

Antigone knew she wasn’t convincing anyone, but she couldn’t take the risk any of them wouldn’t run off to send a message to her parents. She saw the doubt in both of the women’s eyes, and in the elven warrior’s eyes, though his carried much less aggression that either woman’s did. She didn’t doubt for one moment her parents would pair a considerable amount of money for their “safe return”, nor would she condemn most people for accepted that reward. With more and more people struggling to feed themselves, the temptation would, understandably, be too much. She’d still be pissed, though.

She laughed out loud when the healer said she could break Julian like a twig. If only they knew how true it was. At least when they were kids. On her shoulder, Clover preened under the attention the elven man gave. “Don’t get too much of a swelled head, young mouse.” She whispered, reaching up to stroke his cheek with her fingertip.

The barn door opened and the brunette who was ill-dressed for the weather came in, with a man in familiar full plate armour. She remembered seeing other members of the royal family wear similar suits, and how a very young Prince Aevar would brag about the one he would wear. Well. Fuck. She kept her expression carefully composed, studying his face before jumping hysterically to conclusions. She’d already caused one scene tonight, in spite of her best effort; she didn’t need to cause another. If it was Prince Aevar, chances are he wouldn’t remember much about her or her brother. He was the youngest of them, and had only been 3 when she escaped. She closed her eyes, remembering young Aevar following them all around imperiously, and then opened them to compare her mental image of him then with who she saw.

Well. Fuck. Was the queen about to stride through the streets now? She wasn’t going back without a fight, and fighting was something she’d always been good at.

She opened her mouth to speak, when the elven man suddenly gasped out a name, staring at the water el, who was busily wringing out her saturated cloak. If the day didn’t end in disaster, she would ask Aggie to help her dry her clothing.

“Steady, Barrow.” She said softly, when the elf’s knees threatened give out and he steadied himself on Barrow’s shoulder. The water elf, who could possibly be Marnie, looked up at him and whispered a name, too faint for Antigone to hear. She glanced at Luna, raising her eyebrows questioningly. Vail, came the answer.

Vail took a few staggering steps toward Marnie, who was opening her arms to him, and they embraced one another for a very emotional, very touchingly happy reunion. The tearful sounds of elvish rang through the stables, and she tilted her head to one side, watching with interest. How nice for them. Genuinely. At least someone was have a welcome reunion.

She sighed and let go of Julian’s arm, whispering softly, “You better speak to Prince Aevar before I do.”

THE FALLEN HEIR
Aevar Istedir
Male - 22 - Straight

Aevar followed Nimue out of the tavern thankfully, she hadn't started something in the tavern. Though he couldn't help but occasionally look over his shoulder as they approached the stable door. Just to make sure the man hadn't gotten up and there wasn't a group following them. Much to his relief there didn't seem to be, as she opened the door revealing the others were already inside including the water elf who seemed to be familiar with one of the people. Even Julian was inside with the woman he had walked over to talk with earlier. Considering he was still alive meant that he hadn't done anything stupid yet.

He glanced around he saw the druid, the man he had encountered earlier, a woman he hadn't seen before with her red eyes, and the other elf. There was something going on here and he wasn't sure what to make of all of it. There is a lot of people here much more than I thought there was going to be. At least there is one familiar face that is here, though he seems to be having his own conversation. I didn't expect to have this happen, but I'm here so I might as well see what is going on. Aevar thought to himself as he saw the woman shaking in her shoes as she greeted the group.

He thought that was a little strange due to the fact that she had seemed strong when she was in the tavern. Though he didn't know if she just wasn't good with people or if there was something going on that she was scared of or a person in the room. But he figured he would find out why so many people had been gathered here. Taking a step to the side he set the bucket down to which the group seemed to be having their own conversations which could mean that they were not connected at all. However, the two elves did put some doubt in his mind.

With a sigh he moved from his position and walked to the side of Nimue to see if he could get some answers. "So why is there so many people in the stables? Seems almost like they were waiting here if you ask me." He stated calmly as he watched the woman's expression to see if he could see if she was surprised or not. Though at this point he was already here so it didn't matter. For one reason or another, there was something mysterious about her, which seemed to draw his attention from across the room. However, he wasn't entirely sure if it was an attraction or something of interest.

He did come to the decision that he would at least stick around so long as she wanted help to see what the feeling was. "Seems the elves are content to talk amongst themselves though it seems like they haven't seen each other in a while." He concluded as he glanced over toward the female druid for some reason, she looked familiar as well. Though he couldn't place his finger on it, his eyes glanced over her features looking for an answer. An answer didn't seem to come so he let out a sigh and glanced back at Nimue waiting to see what was going to happen next.

Aevar followed Nimue out of the tavern thankfully, she hadn't started something in the tavern. Though he couldn't help but occasionally look over his shoulder as they approached the stable door. Just to make sure the man hadn't gotten up and there wasn't a group following them. Much to his relief there didn't seem to be, as she opened the door revealing the others were already inside including the water elf who seemed to be familiar with one of the people. Even Julian was inside with the woman he had walked over to talk with earlier. Considering he was still alive meant that he hadn't done anything stupid yet.

He glanced around he saw the druid, the man he had encountered earlier, a woman he hadn't seen before with her red eyes, and the other elf. There was something going on here and he wasn't sure what to make of all of it. There is a lot of people here much more than I thought there was going to be. At least there is one familiar face that is here, though he seems to be having his own conversation. I didn't expect to have this happen, but I'm here so I might as well see what is going on. Aevar thought to himself as he saw the woman shaking in her shoes as she greeted the group.

He thought that was a little strange due to the fact that she had seemed strong when she was in the tavern. Though he didn't know if she just wasn't good with people or if there was something going on that she was scared of or a person in the room. But he figured he would find out why so many people had been gathered here. Taking a step to the side he set the bucket down to which the group seemed to be having their own conversations which could mean that they were not connected at all. However, the two elves did put some doubt in his mind.

With a sigh he moved from his position and walked to the side of Nimue to see if he could get some answers. "So why is there so many people in the stables? Seems almost like they were waiting here if you ask me." He stated calmly as he watched the woman's expression to see if he could see if she was surprised or not. Though at this point he was already here so it didn't matter. For one reason or another, there was something mysterious about her, which seemed to draw his attention from across the room. However, he wasn't entirely sure if it was an attraction or something of interest.

He did come to the decision that he would at least stick around so long as she wanted help to see what the feeling was. "Seems the elves are content to talk amongst themselves though it seems like they haven't seen each other in a while." He concluded as he glanced over toward the female druid for some reason, she looked familiar as well. Though he couldn't place his finger on it, his eyes glanced over her features looking for an answer. An answer didn't seem to come so he let out a sigh and glanced back at Nimue waiting to see what was going to happen next.

THE ORACLE
Nimue
Female - 22 - Bisexual

Nimue clenched her jaw as she stepped out of the door way and into the room. She truly had no idea why there were so many people in here. However, she was aware of why they were all there as well as each of their paths. Anxiety overwhelmed her that's why she was shaking. Already, Aevar seemed suspicious of the situation. Everyone amidst the stables seemed unsettled already. Nimue took a deep breath letting no emotion show in her face. Nimue knew all too well that emotion caused her "tellings" to be mistaken for insanity. She couldn't risk being seen that way. Not for something as vital to the realm as this.

Nimue watched the interactions among the group, choosing to stay mostly silent for now. "I have no idea, perhaps they wanted to get away from the rowdy tavern as well." She answered Aevar. It was a little breezy inside of the stables and the wetness of her dress did not make it very bearable. To her, was the kind of cold that made your muscles sore when you try to resist shivering within it.

Nimue crossed her arms around her wait observing everyone's responses and reactions. A mixture of shock, happiness, and disgust filled the room. Nimue closed her eyes and tried her best to focus on what her next move would be. Should she keep to herself? Should she let them know of their purpose? Perhaps she should wait for someone to ask? Nimue didn't know. However, she felt it was safe enough to give herself a few more moments to decide..

talk talk talk
think think think

THE THIEF

Julian Valerius the IIIrd

Male - 25 - Straight

Julian raised an eyebrow when the elven woman with the bread glared at him fiercely before openly admiring Antigone's obvious strength. Her concurring assessment that the woman could, indeed, 'break him like a twig' only brought back that strange pang he'd felt earlier when she'd chosen not to hit him. He knew it was strange, but then again he'd always acted strangely around her.

Antigone laughed out loud at the comment, and Julian felt that swooping sensation in the pit of his stomach, like he'd swallowed a live bird- it was such a wonderful sound.

The armored elf whom nothing seemed to faze was just as amused by this as everything else, appearing to show more interest in the animals as his grim-faced companion gave a long-suffering look and rolled her eyes.

At that moment, the stable doors were pushed open again, and who should walk in but the two women from the fire and Aevar, who was holding a bucket, of all things. The pretty brunette greeted them all nervously, making as little eye contact as possible.

When the armored elf spotted the waterelf, however, he went white as a sheet and made an unsteady beeline straight for her, eyes locked on her face as though if he blinked she might disappear. Before anyone could fully comprehend what was happening, the two had fallen into each other's embrace, sobbing.

Great, more water- that's what we really need right now, Julian thought, glancing at both elves' mud-spattered clothes and then at his own.

Julian heard Antigone's voice before noticing that she had let go of his arm at last, which was beginning to regain some feeling. He wiggled a couple fingers experimentally.

He nodded in response to her instruction. Loath as he was to leave her side, and unlikely as it was for Aevar to recognize her at all (he'd been so young, back then, and he had a pretty terrible memory for faces), he knew it was important he speak to his friend.

If Aevar somehow recognized them and inadvertently blurted something out (again, unlikely), they would both be in danger- not to mention everyone else in here. He had absolutely no doubt that Antigone would kill to silence anyone who might know the truth and keep her and her brother's secret safe.

His friend had put down the bucket and was standing by the brown-haired woman's side, taking in the scene. Julian walked over to them and embraced Aevar (mostly to hide his next words, but also because he ruefully wanted to get some mud on that shiny armor of his).

"For both our sakes, don't visibly react to what I'm about to say," he hissed. "The druids are Declan and Imogen, but they go by Agathon and Antigone now," he whispered in his friend's ear. "We cannot let on that we know them- understand?"

Once Aevar had acquiesced, Julian took a step back before adding "Oh, and your pretty lady friend there is shivering- surely a lordly gentleman such as yourself would offer her his cape."

Then he turned away from the pair and grabbed the bucket, beginning to get the mud off his clothes.

"Ah, what a true friend you are!" he exclaimed, infinitely relieved. Pain, he could deal with, but dirt? That was absolutely out of the question.

Julian raised an eyebrow when the elven woman with the bread glared at him fiercely before openly admiring Antigone's obvious strength. Her concurring assessment that the woman could, indeed, 'break him like a twig' only brought back that strange pang he'd felt earlier when she'd chosen not to hit him. He knew it was strange, but then again he'd always acted strangely around her.

Antigone laughed out loud at the comment, and Julian felt that swooping sensation in the pit of his stomach, like he'd swallowed a live bird- it was such a wonderful sound.

The armored elf whom nothing seemed to faze was just as amused by this as everything else, appearing to show more interest in the animals as his grim-faced companion gave a long-suffering look and rolled her eyes.

At that moment, the stable doors were pushed open again, and who should walk in but the two women from the fire and Aevar, who was holding a bucket, of all things. The pretty brunette greeted them all nervously, making as little eye contact as possible.

When the armored elf spotted the waterelf, however, he went white as a sheet and made an unsteady beeline straight for her, eyes locked on her face as though if he blinked she might disappear. Before anyone could fully comprehend what was happening, the two had fallen into each other's embrace, sobbing.

Great, more water- that's what we really need right now, Julian thought, glancing at both elves' mud-spattered clothes and then at his own.

Julian heard Antigone's voice before noticing that she had let go of his arm at last, which was beginning to regain some feeling. He wiggled a couple fingers experimentally.

He nodded in response to her instruction. Loath as he was to leave her side, and unlikely as it was for Aevar to recognize her at all (he'd been so young, back then, and he had a pretty terrible memory for faces), he knew it was important he speak to his friend.

If Aevar somehow recognized them and inadvertently blurted something out (again, unlikely), they would both be in danger- not to mention everyone else in here. He had absolutely no doubt that Antigone would kill to silence anyone who might know the truth and keep her and her brother's secret safe.

His friend had put down the bucket and was standing by the brown-haired woman's side, taking in the scene. Julian walked over to them and embraced Aevar (mostly to hide his next words, but also because he ruefully wanted to get some mud on that shiny armor of his).

"For both our sakes, don't visibly react to what I'm about to say," he hissed. "The druids are Declan and Imogen, but they go by Agathon and Antigone now," he whispered in his friend's ear. "We cannot let on that we know them- understand?"

Once Aevar had acquiesced, Julian took a step back before adding "Oh, and your pretty lady friend there is shivering- surely a lordly gentleman such as yourself would offer her his cape."

Then he turned away from the pair and grabbed the bucket, beginning to get the mud off his clothes.

"Ah, what a true friend you are!" he exclaimed, infinitely relieved. Pain, he could deal with, but dirt? That was absolutely out of the question.

THE HEALER
Aenwyn
Female - 97 - Gay

And to her side another door opened. (One that she’d be using to get back into the tavern. She’d been outside far too much already tonight.) Vaguely Aenwyn wondered if the stablehands were going to ask for their barn back any time soon. In the well-lit doorway stood a slip of a woman, looking all the paler with her blue companion framing her from behind. She was cold enough to be shaking, because of course it would have been too much to wear something warm instead of something pretty. The water elf looked no worse, though not particularly better, still covered in mud and damp. The third was some dude in armor. Aenwyn was fairly sure it was the one who’d offered water to the pair (mostly because of the bucket in his hands) but all knights tend to look the same to her. Just tin cans waiting to be wacked.

Aenwyn was preparing to switch places with the trio (and return inside) when behind her Mr. Talkative whispered. The strange tone of his voice caused her to spin to face him, frowning at how pale he’d grown. With an obvious wave of dizziness, he stumbled first into the wolf (which thankfully didn’t bite him, it’s always annoying to keep bites clean) and then managed to close the distance between him and the blue woman. She met him halfway, holding him tight to her chest. He clung to the smaller girl in return as the two sobbing elves confirmed they were each real. Aenwyn, recognizing the signs of shock, stepped closer to the pair, ignoring their tears to watch the pale colors of their faces darken as they cried.

Mr. knight decided to talk, seeming to ask if there was some sort of mystery afoot. Still keeping half an eye on the sobbing pair, though not as worried about either passing out or going fully into shock, Aenwyn turned to look at him. “Did you seriously miss the boy yelling about death via bear?” Or them running out to make sure no maiming occurred? She shook her head, surprised when the pretty boy left the druid’s side and went to talk to Mr. Knight. She quickly decided she didn’t care, and turned her attention on the cold brunette. “You girl, what are you wearing? You’ll catch sick in just that. You should at least be trying to dry off in front of the fire.

| With: Too many wet people
| Mood:
Tired of life

And to her side another door opened. (One that she’d be using to get back into the tavern. She’d been outside far too much already tonight.) Vaguely Aenwyn wondered if the stablehands were going to ask for their barn back any time soon. In the well-lit doorway stood a slip of a woman, looking all the paler with her blue companion framing her from behind. She was cold enough to be shaking, because of course it would have been too much to wear something warm instead of something pretty. The water elf looked no worse, though not particularly better, still covered in mud and damp. The third was some dude in armor. Aenwyn was fairly sure it was the one who’d offered water to the pair (mostly because of the bucket in his hands) but all knights tend to look the same to her. Just tin cans waiting to be wacked.

Aenwyn was preparing to switch places with the trio (and return inside) when behind her Mr. Talkative whispered. The strange tone of his voice caused her to spin to face him, frowning at how pale he’d grown. With an obvious wave of dizziness, he stumbled first into the wolf (which thankfully didn’t bite him, it’s always annoying to keep bites clean) and then managed to close the distance between him and the blue woman. She met him halfway, holding him tight to her chest. He clung to the smaller girl in return as the two sobbing elves confirmed they were each real. Aenwyn, recognizing the signs of shock, stepped closer to the pair, ignoring their tears to watch the pale colors of their faces darken as they cried.

Mr. knight decided to talk, seeming to ask if there was some sort of mystery afoot. Still keeping half an eye on the sobbing pair, though not as worried about either passing out or going fully into shock, Aenwyn turned to look at him. “Did you seriously miss the boy yelling about death via bear?” Or them running out to make sure no maiming occurred? She shook her head, surprised when the pretty boy left the druid’s side and went to talk to Mr. Knight. She quickly decided she didn’t care, and turned her attention on the cold brunette. “You girl, what are you wearing? You’ll catch sick in just that. You should at least be trying to dry off in front of the fire.

Last edited:
THE FALLEN HEIR
Aevar Istedir
Male - 22 - Straight

Aevar nodded his head from what he could tell she didn't seem to be lying about the matter. So he didn't feel like there was a need to push any further as he saw her start to shiver, he was bout to unfasten the cloak form his armor when he felt something grab him. Had Julian not spoken, the man would have more than likely swung behind him. When he heard the names, he vague memories came back to him, though he felt no real connection to them.

In his mind, the two had died long ago, which was the story's end. He felt no kinship with the siblings maybe a younger version of himself did. But that was neither here nor there. They were people, though they were strange people, at least by their appearance to him. Druids had always been a strange bunch in his mind. When Julian spoke he let out a small sigh turning his head slightly so he could whisper back to his friend.

"You mean the siblings that were thought to be dead? I mean great that they are alive but do I care enough to spout out who they are? No. If they want to help depose dearest mother than I will be more eager to get to know them again." He paused for a moment as he finished unfastening the cloak on his armor, sliding it off and gripping it in his hands. "So if you want their secret to be kept, I would suggest telling them not to cause a scene. I won't turn them in, but any of those fools in the tavern or any nobles that happen to recognize them will." He concluded as he heard the last part about his woman friend, which only caused him to shake his head as he grabbed the bucket and walked off.

Why does he always seem to help the damsal in distress? The man I feel like thinks more with his lower half than he does with his mind. I hope he realizes if anyone catches those two and they find out he helped them in a way. He will also be punished, though I suppose if I take my place back and depose mother then it wouldn't matter. Based on that I can tell they don't trust me, which is fine with me.[/B] He thought to himself as he watched his friend for a moment start to clean the dirt off his clothes.

That was when the rather blunt elf spoke, "Enough people seemed to have the situation handled, though I didn't come for the bear threat." He replied to the elf. He wasn't sure what to think of her though from what he could glimpse from that she didn't seem to beat around the bush. He found most of the company here to be strange, including the siblings.

"Probably won't do much it's a bit wet but probably drier and warmer than what you have now," He spoke as he wrapped the cloak around Nimue's shoulders. His eyes shifted toward the siblings, for a moment as he tried to see if there was any more memories that would pop back into his head. Though when nothing did he closed his eyes and shrugged.

The Stables| With: Everyone | Mood: Somewhat annoyed

Aevar nodded his head from what he could tell she didn't seem to be lying about the matter. So he didn't feel like there was a need to push any further as he saw her start to shiver, he was bout to unfasten the cloak form his armor when he felt something grab him. Had Julian not spoken, the man would have more than likely swung behind him. When he heard the names, he vague memories came back to him, though he felt no real connection to them.

In his mind, the two had died long ago, which was the story's end. He felt no kinship with the siblings maybe a younger version of himself did. But that was neither here nor there. They were people, though they were strange people, at least by their appearance to him. Druids had always been a strange bunch in his mind. When Julian spoke he let out a small sigh turning his head slightly so he could whisper back to his friend.

"You mean the siblings that were thought to be dead? I mean great that they are alive but do I care enough to spout out who they are? No. If they want to help depose dearest mother than I will be more eager to get to know them again." He paused for a moment as he finished unfastening the cloak on his armor, sliding it off and gripping it in his hands. "So if you want their secret to be kept, I would suggest telling them not to cause a scene. I won't turn them in, but any of those fools in the tavern or any nobles that happen to recognize them will." He concluded as he heard the last part about his woman friend, which only caused him to shake his head as he grabbed the bucket and walked off.

Why does he always seem to help the damsal in distress? The man I feel like thinks more with his lower half than he does with his mind. I hope he realizes if anyone catches those two and they find out he helped them in a way. He will also be punished, though I suppose if I take my place back and depose mother then it wouldn't matter. Based on that I can tell they don't trust me, which is fine with me.[/B] He thought to himself as he watched his friend for a moment start to clean the dirt off his clothes.

That was when the rather blunt elf spoke, "Enough people seemed to have the situation handled, though I didn't come for the bear threat." He replied to the elf. He wasn't sure what to think of her though from what he could glimpse from that she didn't seem to beat around the bush. He found most of the company here to be strange, including the siblings.

"Probably won't do much it's a bit wet but probably drier and warmer than what you have now," He spoke as he wrapped the cloak around Nimue's shoulders. His eyes shifted toward the siblings, for a moment as he tried to see if there was any more memories that would pop back into his head. Though when nothing did he closed his eyes and shrugged.

THE TRUE SOVEREIGN
Vail Fairfax
Male - 84 - Bisexual

“I’m real.” Vail let out a wet chuckle. “I don’t image all this armour is a comfortable rest for your cheek.” He sniffled, still speaking elvish. It had been so long since he’d spoken to anyone in his native tongue, he didn’t want to stop just yet. It was rude of him, he knew, but he could be excused for his poor manners right now.

A part of him was aware of the buzz of conversation around him, and Aenwyn hovering near, but he couldn’t make himself focus on anything but the woman in front of him. He still couldn’t believe Marnie was here. He pulled back slightly, and used the edge of his cloak to gently wipe some of the mud away from her face. “How did you get out of Selone? I went back 2 days after but….” His voice trailed away and he shook his head, feeling his chest tighten uncomfortably as his breath caught in his throat. His heart began to move from a slow trot into a full gallop. Could memories stop your heart? It felt like it. He still couldn’t talk about it without drinking a hell of a lot more than the half tankard of ale he’d consumed with his half eaten supper. The only person who knew as much as he did about what he’d been through was Myara, and he had been drunk out of his mind when he told her.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

Location: The Stables | With: Everyone, but focusing on Marnie | Mood: How many tears can one elf shed? Sheeeeesh!

I am here: The Stables
With: Everyone, but focusing on Marnie
Mood: How many tears can one elf shed? Sheeeeesh!

“I’m real.” Vail let out a wet chuckle. “I don’t image all this armour is a comfortable rest for your cheek.” He sniffled, still speaking elvish. It had been so long since he’d spoken to anyone in his native tongue, he didn’t want to stop just yet. It was rude of him, he knew, but he could be excused for his poor manners right now.

A part of him was aware of the buzz of conversation around him, and Aenwyn hovering near, but he couldn’t make himself focus on anything but the woman in front of him. He still couldn’t believe Marnie was here. He pulled back slightly, and used the edge of his cloak to gently wipe some of the mud away from her face. “How did you get out of Selone? I went back 2 days after but….” His voice trailed away and he shook his head, feeling his chest tighten uncomfortably as his breath caught in his throat. His heart began to move from a slow trot into a full gallop. Could memories stop your heart? It felt like it. He still couldn’t talk about it without drinking a hell of a lot more than the half tankard of ale he’d consumed with his half eaten supper. The only person who knew as much as he did about what he’d been through was Myara, and he had been drunk out of his mind when he told her.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

THE SELLSWORD

Myara Etyana Valar

Female - 28 - Gay

As the two elves embraced and sobbed onto each other's shoulders, Myara looked everywhere but at the pair, hoping their tearful reunion would soon come to an end. She observed the druid giving the rogue a whispered instruction before releasing him at last, and the rogue walking up and embracing his armored friend.

It was clear he did so to be discreet about his next words more than anything else, though Myara didn't fail to notice that he seemed to hang on a second longer than required, just to make sure he got as much of the mud from his clothes onto his friend's armor as possible.

Myara had no doubt the conversation was about the druid, no doubt warning the armored man not to make a scene- after all, if the druid knew the rogue, it stood to reason she also knew his friend, and her goal here was clearly to keep the situation contained at all costs.

As the rogue grabbed the bucket and began to vigorously scrub the mud off his clothes, Aenwyn admonished the brunette for not being dressed warmly enough and the rogue's friend offered her his cloak.

How chivalrous, Myara thought, wanting to roll her eyes at the obvious cliche.

Vail and the waterelf were still locked in recollection- since it was his first and only reunion with someone from his village, Myara couldn't exactly fault him for his reaction, but she wished they had chosen a more private spot- they might not be uncomfortable bearing their feelings around a crowd of strangers, but she sure as Hel was uncomfortable bearing witness to it.

To distract herself from her own discomfort, she looked over at the druid with a pained expression, as if to say Sorry about all this- I have no control.

As the two elves embraced and sobbed onto each other's shoulders, Myara looked everywhere but at the pair, hoping their tearful reunion would soon come to an end. She observed the druid giving the rogue a whispered instruction before releasing him at last, and the rogue walking up and embracing his armored friend.

It was clear he did so to be discreet about his next words more than anything else, though Myara didn't fail to notice that he seemed to hang on a second longer than required, just to make sure he got as much of the mud from his clothes onto his friend's armor as possible.

Myara had no doubt the conversation was about the druid, no doubt warning the armored man not to make a scene- after all, if the druid knew the rogue, it stood to reason she also knew his friend, and her goal here was clearly to keep the situation contained at all costs.

As the rogue grabbed the bucket and began to vigorously scrub the mud off his clothes, Aenwyn admonished the brunette for not being dressed warmly enough and the rogue's friend offered her his cloak.

How chivalrous, Myara thought, wanting to roll her eyes at the obvious cliche.

Vail and the waterelf were still locked in recollection- since it was his first and only reunion with someone from his village, Myara couldn't exactly fault him for his reaction, but she wished they had chosen a more private spot- they might not be uncomfortable bearing their feelings around a crowd of strangers, but she sure as Hel was uncomfortable bearing witness to it.

To distract herself from her own discomfort, she looked over at the druid with a pained expression, as if to say Sorry about all this- I have no control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back