• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The King's Summoning (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• filler

Hot springs huh? It sounded really appealing at the moment especially with her currently being drained in some sort of odd liquid. So she had no problems with the arrangement, opting to happily be led towards the location of the hot springs. As the group was led through various twists and turns she took the opportunity to take in her surroundings. Everything was happening so quickly and suddenly that there was no chance for her to give attentive thought to the beauteous of the castle they were in. Glossy marble floors, carefully painted lustrous white walls, and detailed golden decorations. Such things were amazing to her even if she was raised from wealth. The Yu family definitely wouldn't be able to afford a castle, if so she'd descend to the underworld and drink Meng Po's soup. Though would she who died for a second time be allowed to reincarnate? That was a bridge she never hoped to cross. Before her thoughts were allowed to turn towards an unpleasant direction her reverie was broken by a voice. A male one and one which seemed much older than she was.

"A-ah! Thank you, mister!" Though the man was a stranger her mother always told her to be respectful of those older and he seemed really nice, he even greeted her with a smile! That scar on his left eyebrow seemed cool as well. Xiu faintly wondered if there was some kind of hard-core story behind it? But even if she was curious she didn't want to overstep boundaries and poke at a sour spot. She'd definitely had to ask once they got more familiar with each other. What he said next almost had her stumbling. He was right though. How did she start fluently speaking English as if it were her mother tongue? Of course with the resources provided to her by her family and her overseas school experience, she learned English but she was never actually that fluent in it. This raised so many new questions. So many new questions she didn't even have answers to. "I don't know.. ? I assume it maybe has something to do with the whole summoning thing.. or perhaps some sort of universal language magic?" That was the only answer she could provide the man with.

When he left her side moving to talk to the other summoned she gave a small parting wave. A few moments later and they all had reached the bathhouse. The symbols atop the door were an oddity for her. It's not as if she's never seen before but in this type of setting it was sure strange. Side eyeing that Xiu followed in after the rest of the girls. Here she was in a dilemma. No offense to the other girls in the bathhouse but she didn't know them all that well yet and getting stark naked as the day she was born in front of strangers wasn't something that was too ideal to her. So in the end she decided to pull a random towel from somewhere and wrap it around her body. After settling in the satisfying hot water she turned to look at the people present within in the hot springs.

"...How is everyone feeling? I mean getting pulled into another world after death must inspire some feelings.." Her voice trailed off at the end. She didn't know what else to say. What was there to say? Silently as she waited for responses she started washing herself.

yu xiu

the bearer of light

other summoned

Tiberius Allaband

Castle Interior

Well, this is less than ideal. The raven haired male noted as his plea for clothing was brushed to the side by the other people gathered in the Summoning area and the Kingdom officials alike. Sure, the King promised clothing after having all of them bathe first, but that promise did not assist Tiberius now. Then again, it was possible that no one here cared for his embarrassment at being forced to walk down the resplendent castle hallways with only his hand to partially protect his modesty. Mental note, trust no one to help you. Tiberius let out a soft growl in his embarrassed annoyance, which was not at all intimidating while his feet carried him in the same direction as everyone else.

When the group was led to the hot springs area, Tiberius quickly darted into the male section, eager to hide himself with the warm waters. "Ahh... Much better." The young man breathed out in relief as he sat down into the scalding, yet relaxing spring waters. It was decidedly nice but Tiberius did not plan to remain in the hot springs for very long. The King had promised them all clothing once they emerged and Tiberius most certainly wished to collect. Still, the conversation from the other males drew his attention.

The career man had informally requested assistance from the other men gathered in the hot spring. He wants to look into the credibility of our Hosts. Tiberius leaned back against the rough rock the springs resided within as he considered the other male's request. He would be lying if he claimed to wish for more information on their current situation. It would be rather terrible if it turned out that the King was truly a tyrant and they were merely summoned to act as his Secret Police. Then again, if that were indeed their situation, what could Tiberius do to stop it? This world was foreign to him; the people here carried themselves differently than the summoned; there was magic here and presumably otherworldly creatures. Additionally, he had already pledged himself to the King's cause. I do not like it but I will have to decline this fellow's request for now. I need to learn more about this world and become an accomplished warrior first. Everything else can wait. With this last thought, Tiberius rose from the warm waters, lamenting the absence of soap but, ultimately deciding that he was clean enough to receive fresh clothing. Though, before he left, the raven haired male did decide the future man's question. "I may be the eldest person here then." Tiberius remarked with some amusement in his tone. "I am from the year 2005."

Tiberius did not stay to listen to any further responses. Instead, he walked into the changing room leading to the springs. There was no clothing waiting for Tiberius in the room but, there was at least a cloth he could use as a towel to cover his waist area with after he was done drying himself. "Sir," Amber eyes settled upon white hair and wine red eyes as he emerged from the changing and out, into the hallway. "Is there any chance I can get those clothes now?"

Tags: (Mentioned) Synthetic Synthetic - Business Man / (Interacted) Corrosion Corrosion - Rook | Clouds Clouds - Exhan

The moment he assigned the doors to each gender, he slid back onto a small bench as he could take a breather right now. The moment of the woman who had crashed to the ground still lingered inside of his mind as that just wasn’t the right way to go about summoning people, let alone such a huge amount of it. Honestly, he didn’t know what was going on around the King as he had never been this “desperate” even though the looks of it was just him fooling around once more. If it wasn’t from him eavesdropping at a certain point in time, he wouldn’t even have known this ceremony was about to take place in order to save the world. But was it really for the saving or just to show the world he had even more power now? Honestly, the King might look like a true idiot, but the way he ruled the country proved otherwise together with his advisors. Rubbing the bridge of his nose as his head started to hurt from overthinking things once again.

His train of thoughts got finally disturbed by the man called Azad who was a bit of a special case as he didn’t seem to have a thorough hate for Exhan’s mere existence. Tilting his head slightly to the side as he looked him straight in the eye: ”I wouldn’t mind if it was with you.” Returning the teasing favour as a smirk spread on his face as he started to relax for the slightest bit. ”But might want to wait for the others to clear out, since who knows what they might see.”

His face almost immediately turned back into neutral when a summoned one entered the hallway, still buck-naked for everyone to see. ”Ah, the maids can’t go inside, they’re over there.” Exhan commented, pointing towards the large table next to the entrance of the men’s onsen. The clothes were all kind of the same, commoner or even farmer outfits were displayed in several sizes. They would be able to choose something else later on when they would go to the royal clothing makers who probably already prepared quite a lot of adventurer clothes they could choose from. Honestly, some of them were a little over the top from what he had seen passing by, if he was right he would bet that some gold was used to make them as well!

seasonedcat seasonedcat RageFactorXIII RageFactorXIII

the halfling

Exhan.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Yet Still Unnamed, Thoughtful Businessman

The businessman smirked after hearing the pathfinder's opinion. He definitively looked like he was trying to hide his skepticism, but his voice was genuine. "Glad to have you, Mister Rook."
It would seem he is definitively not mistaken about the name of his organization, and he doesn't have any of the hallmarks of a liar. So he is most likely from another reality. The year 2219 though...what is that supposed to mean? In the name of relatability, I guess that I will have to figure out what sort of era they're referring to. He seems to think that I'm from the past, so I guess I should pick a lower number than his.

After the pathfinder's question about what year everyone was from, and his clarification about his own circumstances, the businessman's smile started to look more genuine as well, he looked curiously towards everyone else in the room. The sailor seemed to be the next to comment. The businessman watched the fellow as he spoke, and looked rather surprised by the fellow's comments. He nodded understandingly as the sailor then responded to the businessman's own query, and added, "Well said, Mister Redcap. It is wise to try to make informed decisions, where we can."
The year 2021? I suppose the numbers aren't entirely arbitrary. 198 years is reasonable, given the discrepancy in their outfits. But it's hard to gauge what number I should pick on that basis alone.

Lastly, there was the rather bashful fellow who seemed to be enjoying the hot spring quite well. The businessman looked intrigued by the fellow's first comment, then his eyes narrowed after his affirmation of the year he was from, as well as his subsequent hurry to leave. After seeing the fellow's hurry, and seeing as no one else was actually entering the hot springs, the businessman hesitantly arose. "Well then, I suppose it's just the three of us." He then made his way back over to the changing room to put his wet suit back on.
And then we have 2005. Why is it all centered around 2000? It must seem obvious to them that some sort of important event happened 2000 years ago in each of their realities. Coaxing out the details about that event without looking like I don't know anything about it will be difficult. I'll have to just feign ignorance for now. If they press me...hrm...2100 seems like it might be adequate to satisfy the pathfinder's curiosity. Maybe a little less, like 2089? That number sounds sufficiently arbitrary. Hopefully it won't trigger any suspicion. What a bother.

As the businessman changed his clothes, he looked back to the other two and commented, "In answer to your question about the timeframe that I come from, it would be helpful if you could clarify the dating system that you are using. Where I come from, there are several dating systems, each of which correspond to important historical events." Those who saw would note that he was wearing undergarments made of a synthetic material of some sort, and that his pockets had several objects in them - especially his trouser pockets and his breast pocket for his jacket. The clothing was made of synthetic materials that seemingly were designed to look like felt for the jacket and linen for the trousers. It was a fairly convincing faux look, but given how wrinkle-free they looked even after he strained most of the water out, it was clear that they were made of special materials. His belt also seemed to be made of some sort of faux leather - that or it was brand new. Regardless, once they provided their responses, the businessman avoided the topic of providing any additional context about his own reality. If pressed, he would respond that he would provide more details later on.

Once he was dressed, the businessman dried off his hair a bit more using one of the towels in the room, and he used his hands and fingers to try and comb his hair into a less disheveled look, then headed back out. He saw the soldier-guy after exiting, and offered him a rather fake smile, doing the same to the new fellow next to him. "Greetings, fellows. Is there anything else you have for us to do? If not, I would like to visit a library." Aside from posing his preferences and asking his question, he stood there to wait for the other fellows.

Anzu

"You want to know my feeling?" After submerging herself in the hot bath for quiet some time Anzu decided to peeked onto the surface when she heard one of the girl asked a question that she deemed interesting.

"I feel like I have been scammed." Anzu started her answer, looking straight at Xiu while the majority of her body was still underwater. "Death is such a lie. My parents lied, big J lied, the mikos lied. There's no heaven, hell, reincarnation or eternal peace. There's only more works in an unknown land."

Having said her thought, Anzu unexpectedly felts like something had been lifted from her chest. She could feels there's still more questions that burdened her but she couldn't pinpoint what were those questions yet, allright, she maybe could think of one. She decided to end her bathing session and excused herself back to the changing room, where she begrudgingly had to wear an oversized tunic because the only clothes that fits her size looks very lame. Eww. She rolled up the extended sleeves and walked out of the spring, and aproached the man who guided them there.

"Hey, sir!" Anzu greeted Exhan casually. "I have a question... Why did we got summoned??"

"I mean, you bunch called us heroes or whatever, but from what I have seen the majority of those summoned are just civilians from relatively peaceful time who have zero knowledge about real magic, or even combat in general. Let me tell you that the most harm I have done to another people was accidentally throwing a plastic bottle at a passerby's face. Not mean to be a bummer but all this summoning ritual stuffs sounds like failure to me."

eloise eloise Clouds Clouds

swipe left on name tag to see extra stuff; click on lightning tab or wind tab to read both characters' posts

• markus grant

MOOD: annoyed
    mentions: Synthetic Synthetic RageFactorXIII RageFactorXIII Corrosion Corrosion Pacificus Pacificus
    OOTD: nakey

/*bottom text*/

Markus thought the king's response was satisfying to him and he agreed to help him out. However, once he started walking all over the castle grounds in damp clothing, it made Markus begin to regret his decision to help the kingdom of… Allstar? Avocado? Maybe… Altaria? Or was that a name of a Pokémon? Well, whatever this country was called, he did not care. He was more concerned about when he was going to stop wearing those damn wet socks. Although Markus couldn’t help but be in awe of the beautiful architecture while walking towards his destination. He could tell that the kingdom seemed to pride itself in its art by the intricate designs of golden flora that grew along the white walls of the magnificent castle. Markus regretted his decision (even more) when he imagined the supposed giant lump of money that the other summoned folks who rejected the king’s plea to save his country. Was it too late for Markus to back out of the deal with the king? Surely Macy wouldn’t care whether he contacted her or not, right?

The annoyed and drenched man shook his head. He needed to make amends to his sister and not be tempted by his own laziness and greed. Markus noticed that some of the other summoned people mingled with one another on the walk. And of course, none wanted to interact with him. It was fine. He didn’t care for any of them yet. It made sense; he had just met these people about an hour ago. Also, he probably gave off that first impression of being the arrogant prick he was to the summoned people. However, he felt something for the two girls that reminded him of his sister. He guessed it was probably that strange feeling of nostalgia.

The potential backstabbing soldier led the group to a giant bathhouse, and Markus sighed in relief. Finally, he can get out of this awful outfit. The men and women split off to their respective gender-assigned bathhouses, and then Markus quickly chucked his disgusting clothes in the trash. He immediately jumped in the hot spring and let out a content sigh. This was definitely what he needed. If the other men loosed themselves in the water with him and did not speak a word, then this would have been a much-needed relaxing moment.
    But then that businessman decided to shatter that wonderful silence.

Annoyed, Markus sank down into the water and listened in to the others’ conversation. The businessman wanted help to investigate something. However, the cosplayer and fisherman said he offered to help whereas the one-armed man declined the invitation. Markus sat up from the water and replied to the businessman, “I’m not that curious. We have been given the means to live and have the opportunity to get one wish granted, so I don’t really care.”

It piqued his interest when the cosplayer asked what timeframes each person was from. It sounded plausible that the cosplayer was from the future since magic was recently proven real. The one-armed man replied he was from the year 2005 and the cosplayer was from the year 2219. He realized he was probably going to be stuck working with this random group of men. Markus sighed and thought maybe he should try a tad bit harder in mingling like the rest of them are. “I’m from the same year as the fisherman from 2021.” Markus ran his hand through his hair and grinned, “I don’t think we introduced each other yet. I’m Markus, looking forward to working with you guys.”

Unfortunately, by the time Markus decided to introduce himself, some of the men literally walked out into the hallways for some reason.

Well, so much for me trying to be friendly.

/*do not remove credit*/
dead or alive.
coded by weldherwings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back